5.0

1. Dec 22, 2012
    Don't believe any positive reviews you read about this game. Everything that made previous Resident Evil games successful has been done away with. There is no horror element in this game, the camera angle is awful, the only attack you need is melee and the action element is WAY too heavy. Capcom really hurt their reputation with this game. I rented the game and returned it the same day.Don't believe any positive reviews you read about this game. Everything that made previous Resident Evil games successful has been done away with. There is no horror element in this game, the camera angle is awful, the only attack you need is melee and the action element is WAY too heavy. Capcom really hurt their reputation with this game. I rented the game and returned it the same day. Stay away from this game. It truly is awful. Expand
  2. Dec 30, 2012
    After reading all the bad comments everywhere, my expectations were low. After playing the game, I don't understand the zero ratings (seriously?).
    No, this is not Resident Evil 1, 2 or 3. It's not about conserving ammo and running around on old mansions. It's action oriented like Resident Evil 5. Does that make it a bad game or a zero rating game? No it does not. It's an excellent game, that does have some flaws, obviously. The button tapping scenes for instance, can be a bit irritating. But it's a great game nonetheless.
  3. Oct 3, 2012
    This game is woefully bad its not funny, the over use of cut scenes, the horrible controls and combat control, QTE every 5 seconds. Sure controls the old tanks controls were not ideal for being a killing machine but they suited the game. This game controls are awful, the way you switch weapons, reload, use items it horrid and made worse by the awful HUD. They are a serious step back fromThis game is woefully bad its not funny, the over use of cut scenes, the horrible controls and combat control, QTE every 5 seconds. Sure controls the old tanks controls were not ideal for being a killing machine but they suited the game. This game controls are awful, the way you switch weapons, reload, use items it horrid and made worse by the awful HUD. They are a serious step back from RE4, a last gen game.

RE franchise died when Shinji Mikami left Capcom. He told them not to port RE4 to the PS2 but they ignored this great man and RE has been a shell of its self ever since.
  4. Oct 6, 2012
    First of all the new instalment of RE franchise is no longer the survival horror game - in fact the last RE with some horror atmosphere was the innovative RE4, whereas the fifth part of the series was already an action/co-op game. The latest RE has deepen this path. That is why it is totally understandable, that the people who were looking forward for slow/survival climate here, areFirst of all the new instalment of RE franchise is no longer the survival horror game - in fact the last RE with some horror atmosphere was the innovative RE4, whereas the fifth part of the series was already an action/co-op game. The latest RE has deepen this path. That is why it is totally understandable, that the people who were looking forward for slow/survival climate here, are disappointed and a lot will hate this game. On the other side I would recommend the new RE to all fans which felt with love with Resident after the 4th/5th instalments, as the new part has everything what a modern action TPS game should have - superb visuals, solid controls (which are as smoothly as never before in the franchise), back grounded by nice storytelling. There has been a lot of criticizm about annoying QTEs in this game - in fact it depends on your gameplay style, you can minimize these while keeping the distance from your foes (if you are a sharp shooter) / even though the QTEs are easy to handle for any gamer skilled with the pad (personally Ive enjoyed them); Overall as an action game with some horror background this game is definitely worth a 8.5/9.0 score, whereas due to many trolled scores, I am giving 10; Expand
  5. Nov 18, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a good arcade 3rd person shooter but not so much a survival horror as tries to be. Resident Evil series changed its roots into more of action placed shooter since the over the shoulder view point that Resident Evil 4 applied. Since then, the newer Resident Evil games seem to disappointed others leaving behind the horror feeling that many fans grew up with. Personally,Resident Evil 6 is a good arcade 3rd person shooter but not so much a survival horror as tries to be. Resident Evil series changed its roots into more of action placed shooter since the over the shoulder view point that Resident Evil 4 applied. Since then, the newer Resident Evil games seem to disappointed others leaving behind the horror feeling that many fans grew up with. Personally, Resident Evil 6 isn't so bad if your welling to pass on that Resident Evil 6 isn't a survival horror any more and decently right has an arcade shooter.

Resident Evil 6 has 3 main campaigns that differ in characters, few locations, and scenarios which they all play as an action 3rd person shooter. Leon's campaign comes close to feeling like a horror shooter(For half the campaign at lest), Chris's Campaign plays out like a military shooter facing infected mercenaries, and Jake's has a mix of both Leon's and Chris campaign while getting constantly chanced by a nemsis like creature. Each campaign is cooperative up to 2 players through out the campaign, each of those campaign last around 5 to 6 hours long. Friends or randoms can join your game while on session if you want the option to turn on for it.

The story branches out into an Zombie Outbreak in the U.S. and then into china caused by (you guessed it) Neo Umbrella and their gang of infected zombie like mercenaries called J'avo. Each campaign connects with one another revealing story bits you didn't know from campaign. I thought this worked pretty discovering the threat and the man behind the cause. As the characters from their campaigns try to resolve their problems, at points, they will meet up in the same location. If another couple in their play through is at that same part where both campaigns meet allows you to play along side them in a 4 player cooperative moment. After completing all 3 campaigns, another campaign(single player) opens up at the side of another character that see in the shadows(New update may have her unlocked instantly and adds as well co-op as well). She fills in some of the missing gaps of the story. Speaking of gaps, small plot holes are left empty and the villain doesn't have real good excuse for his doing.

Resident Evil 6 plays like a 3rd person shooter allowing you for the first in a RE game to move and shoot. You go in cover in fire fights which takes awhile to get used too and jump into the floor in a aiming position just avoid incoming hits. Melee attacks pack a real punch which kills your foes faster then bullets. Your only limited to Melee depending on how much stamina you balancing from small amount of ammo if played on the harder difficulties. The game tries to be a horror game limiting the amount of ammo but in my opinion, doesn't really work well. From the start of the peloge, your introduce into quick time events. As it does feel like a pain at first, it does add attention for some moments as like small mini games. Expect the whole game to be quick time events if your into those types of games. Going into this game, you may have to expect some boring moments before gets a little better. If you can deal with slow and repetitive moments, you may have another problem with the camera(New Update allows you adjust camera). This mainly due to the camera zooming into events that could somewhat blind you. Its alot worse when your in hallways and the camera has a hard time following you. Death can be cheap and out of no but this isn't too much of a big since death isn't too punishing. Despite being a co-op game, you can't trade with your partner. Weapons and ammo you find are for your self and stay with you in till you lose you delete your save data. I don't see my self going back into this game after completion. 2 other extra modes such as Mercenaries mode and Agent hunt mode Mercenaries mode is another horde like mode where you try to kill as many enemies as you can before time runs out. With out pre-orders or maybe a DLC, there are only 3 maps for mercenaries leaving out 3 others impossible to get with out buying the game 3 times from pre-orders or waiting for a DLC. Customs are unlock-able with their own load out but their not usable for the main campaign. Agent hunt mode allows you invade other couples in their game if they have the option turn on. Its fun for a little bit but its very limited with controls and you leave the players game after they leave the area or one of them die. Resident Evil 6 isn't that bad and can be very fun if you can deal passed with some of the poor moments and cheesy deaths. The game makes a good arcade 3rd person shooter but not so much a horror survival game. It tries to be a horror shooter but it doesn't work well and it slows the game down. For what its worth, I suggest you ether rent the game for the week or wait for a price drop.
  6. Apr 24, 2013
    This was my first Resident Evil game, I played through on easy, and had no expectations going in and it was a nice bit of fun. Kicking zombies in the face, shooting them, just get stuck into some zombie guts and don't take it too seriously.
  7. Oct 7, 2012
    All ive got to say is that this is probably one of the most dissopinting games in video game history.This game is pretty much a wannabe left 4 dead.Remember the old resident evils where it was a total pain in the butt to find things you needed to shoot and stuff.This is pretty much a left 4 dead but lfd was meant to be a type of run an gun game but resident evil was meant to be a survivalAll ive got to say is that this is probably one of the most dissopinting games in video game history.This game is pretty much a wannabe left 4 dead.Remember the old resident evils where it was a total pain in the butt to find things you needed to shoot and stuff.This is pretty much a left 4 dead but lfd was meant to be a type of run an gun game but resident evil was meant to be a survival horror.If you bought it and finshed it you better go get your money back and save it for borderlands or something. Expand
  8. Oct 2, 2012
    Is no gaming series safe from over-casualization? Of becoming another Call of duty clone but overwhelmingly worse? Capcom continues this trend with RE 6. Quite simply, everyone is sick of fps' and the industry needs to wake up.
  9. Oct 28, 2012
    Some overpaid clown on a review site told me Resident Evil 6 is TERRIBLE and I believe it because I watched a video but have never played the game or its two predecessors/played the first 10 minutes of the game after having bought the game for $60 without playing the demo first/am an idiot. I think this game is bad because it isn't scary and there is too much action and also there areSome overpaid clown on a review site told me Resident Evil 6 is TERRIBLE and I believe it because I watched a video but have never played the game or its two predecessors/played the first 10 minutes of the game after having bought the game for $60 without playing the demo first/am an idiot. I think this game is bad because it isn't scary and there is too much action and also there are quick time events. It is OK if God of War is nothing but quick time events but every half an hour Resident Evil 6 has a quick time event so I don't like it. Resident Evil 4 and 5 did not have any quick time events at all and were super scary and they were not third person shooters with any amount of action. They just had lots of running around and backtracking through empty hallways, combining arbitrary objects into keys while auto-aiming at zombies that had way too much health. I liked it better when it took more than an entire magazine from a pistol just to kill a single zombie. Those were the good, old days, back when no skill or thought was required to play the game. Resident Evil 6 shouldn't have changed the formula set by Resident Evil 4 and 5, 4 having come out in 2004 and 5 having come out in 2009.
    Wait, you mean to tell me Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 are also third person shooters full of quick time events and lots of action and the same camera angle with comparable controls and gameplay? You're saying that Resident Evil 6 actually has less quick time events because now dodge rolling is a manual function? That Resident Evil 6 is really fun and that comparing it to crappy PS1 games that came out 16 years ago is stupid and that I should have complained about the change back in 2004?
    Then maybe I should shut my stupid mouth about how Resident Evil 6 is "different" from the rest of the Resident Evil series and enjoy it as a genuinely good game with a couple of issues that don't ruin the overall experience.
  10. Nov 14, 2012
    We get that Operation Raccoon City is one of the Resident Evil games that we don't care about. After that game comes Resident Evil 6...sadly one of the screwed-up sequels. Look at the Resident Evil fans! They're mad at that game! You got to admit that Resident Evil 6 is terrible...enough said.
  11. Oct 4, 2012
    This is not Resident Evil anymore, Capcom succumbs to the mainstream devil and bows down to the money to please the masses with nonstop explosions and shooter action like in CoD. I can understand the kids from today like uncomplicated action like this, i do not. Capcom failed to go back to the roots, instead they delivered a soulless shooter rollercoaster, to please the mainstream and toThis is not Resident Evil anymore, Capcom succumbs to the mainstream devil and bows down to the money to please the masses with nonstop explosions and shooter action like in CoD. I can understand the kids from today like uncomplicated action like this, i do not. Capcom failed to go back to the roots, instead they delivered a soulless shooter rollercoaster, to please the mainstream and to earn more money off the people who do not seem to like the old values of the series, or simply do not know them, because they are simply too young or haven't played the grand old parts of the series. In my eyes this game is a disgrace and deserves ALL the negative response from the fanbase. People who rate this above 5 or even 10 have lost their touch, sad but true.

I'll give it a 1/10 because it's not completely terrible, but it is far away from what i expected from a game labled Resident Evil. It goes with the same trend like the movies, it gets worse and worse. After Operation Racoon City this is another deep rock bottom of the series and it is questionable if they can restore their reputation in futuregames or if they keep those low mainstreamstandards. I am very dissapointed of the result.
  12. Feb 19, 2013
    Having played Resident Evil's 1-5 as well as some of the spin-off titles, I came to this game expecting to have a similarly enjoyable time. What I got was a sorry shambles of a game, with a fairly weak storyline, frustrating combat and some truly broken mechanics. The graphics are solid and the co-op option makes the game much more enjoyable to trawl through. Overall, Resident Evil 6 wasHaving played Resident Evil's 1-5 as well as some of the spin-off titles, I came to this game expecting to have a similarly enjoyable time. What I got was a sorry shambles of a game, with a fairly weak storyline, frustrating combat and some truly broken mechanics. The graphics are solid and the co-op option makes the game much more enjoyable to trawl through. Overall, Resident Evil 6 was very disappointing and I would only recommend it to those hardcore Resi fans who want to "complete" the series. Expand
  13. Jan 26, 2013
    The Game is Fun. But It SUCKS. Resident Evil use to have some horror and RE 4 was its shining point. I didnt bother to play 5 or raccon because of all the bad press. Then one night friend brings over Resident Evil 6. Then i see that RE 6 SHOOTY instead of horror. Second in leon's campaign has absolutely no ammo and i had to rely on the duke nukem kicks through half of it. Third the f**kingThe Game is Fun. But It SUCKS. Resident Evil use to have some horror and RE 4 was its shining point. I didnt bother to play 5 or raccon because of all the bad press. Then one night friend brings over Resident Evil 6. Then i see that RE 6 SHOOTY instead of horror. Second in leon's campaign has absolutely no ammo and i had to rely on the duke nukem kicks through half of it. Third the f**king QUICK TIME EVENTS. Every five second PRESS X. The good of the game is the co op and maybe the upcoming multiplayer but RE6 gets this low score because it is so dissapointing. CAPCOM is spiraling downwards. Expand
  14. Mar 14, 2013
    I don't understand the negative reviews I have heard. This game is just amazing. The game controls are easy to pick up and the different campaigns add length to the game. Not only that but each of the campaigns has a different perspective of the story. So you may not understand what someone is talking about in one campaign, then it will make sense once you play a different one. By farI don't understand the negative reviews I have heard. This game is just amazing. The game controls are easy to pick up and the different campaigns add length to the game. Not only that but each of the campaigns has a different perspective of the story. So you may not understand what someone is talking about in one campaign, then it will make sense once you play a different one. By far though my favorite thing in the game is the counter system. If you time pressing the melee button correctly, you will counter attack an enemy. Just about every enemy in the game has attacks that you can counter. So master this and you will be nearly untouchable. This is especially fun in mercenaries. Being surrounded and enemies can't even hit you, once you're good at it. You can also play the campaign and the Mercenaries with a friend in couch co-op. My only complaint about the game is the cut scenes. during the game, it will stop and the camera will zoom in on a door or something to show you where you need to go or something of interest. During those moments you cannot move your character, but they can still be hit by enemy attacks at the beginning and end of the short video. This has caused so much unnecessary damage, so it does get annoying. But the gameplay and everything makes up for it so I can look past it. If you don't like action games then I can see why this game gets bad reviews. I have played all the previous Resident Evil titles and they are more horror based. Except for 4 and 5. 4 is a bit of a mix. I think change is always welcome. Don't want a series to get so repetitive that it gets boring. To me this is a very welcome change. Expand
  15. Jun 27, 2014
    For Capcom to market this as a survival horror is disgraceful. To get straight to the point the game is a giant waste, especially if you are fan of the series. It will be one giant let down.

As for the campaign, it is focused on co-op which is fine but if you are playing with a CPU then it can get quite annoying especially on higher difficulties. The campaign is split up into four

The campaign is split up into four sections, three you have from the beginning and one that is unlocked later on. Each campaign is as boring as the previous one with no originality which goes a long with the horrid writing and boring characters which at once were interesting characters.... well Leon was at least.

Music has never been something Resident Evil was known for so you can assume the music was not memorable at the least.

Mechanics wise the game has been stripped of all horror mechanics and added a lot of typical third person shooter mechanics which dumb the game down if you are going for a survival horror game.

Which brings me back around to this.. the series sadly I doubt will ever be the same again. The game has slowly transitioned into a action game rather than a survival horror game. Resident Evil 4 and 5 started the transition and Resident Evil 6 completed it.

Bottom line, do NOT pick this game up especially if you played and enjoyed any previous Resident Evil game (Except Resident Evil 5). Even if you haven't played a Resident Evil game, it is not worth picking up. Let it collect dust at Gamestop.

*I am late to reviewing a lot of these games but I recently created an account so I am making up for lost time.*
  16. Oct 11, 2012
    Worst game in the series. They should be embarrassed for putting out such garbage. I can't believe i wasted a good Verbatim DL-DVD on this junk. I want my $0.50 back for my disk i burned it on :)
  17. Oct 3, 2012
    Absolutely disappointing. Resident Evil 6 is a lot of things, but faithful to the franchise name associated with survival horror is certainly not one of them. The entire game looks and feels like a jumbled mess that isn't sure which direction it wants to take; it''s akin to the most recent "Turok" title in that it has little to nothing to do with the franchise name with exception to theAbsolutely disappointing. Resident Evil 6 is a lot of things, but faithful to the franchise name associated with survival horror is certainly not one of them. The entire game looks and feels like a jumbled mess that isn't sure which direction it wants to take; it''s akin to the most recent "Turok" title in that it has little to nothing to do with the franchise name with exception to the name of characters found within, leaving players and especially fans to wonder just what went so horribly wrong.
    The game tries too hard to be both an action game and a horror game without being very successful at either, becoming more of a frustrating slog through something you want so badly to be good instead of a horror-filled thrill ride the title was once was. With Capcom producer Masachika Kawata even admitting the game was a push to cater more to the casual Call of Duty crowd to help bring in record numbers, the only thing Resident Evil 6 has successfully done was turn it's brand name into a washed up husk that's now trying to ride the coattails of another washed up series of games.

This title truly marks the end of a once great series. Rest in Peace, Resident Evil.
  18. Oct 3, 2012
    This isn't that bad of a game, hell it's not bad by any stretch of the word. I know there are a lot of people bombing the score because they remember 1-3 with nostalgia vision but here's a reality check, those games were clunky, the camera was **** and the dialog sucked. Four was the best thing to happen to the series, 5 wasn't amazing but it was good, and 6 is also good, get yourThis isn't that bad of a game, hell it's not bad by any stretch of the word. I know there are a lot of people bombing the score because they remember 1-3 with nostalgia vision but here's a reality check, those games were clunky, the camera was **** and the dialog sucked. Four was the best thing to happen to the series, 5 wasn't amazing but it was good, and 6 is also good, get your nostalgia out of your vision and shut the **** up and enjoy the game. Expand
  19. Oct 6, 2012
    One of the worst game I ever played, I could play even 15 minutes... ruined good series
    I will never ever ever buy game published by Capcom. Worst money I spend.
  20. Oct 17, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 isn't the same genre as the first Resident Evil titles. Just accept it and rate this game a 10 for being the best coop-action-game of the year.
    Can't stop playing, the gameplay is just to awesome.
  21. Feb 9, 2013
    Worst game of 2012. just a lot of over dramatic cut scenes and quick time events with some soulless action between.
    You think ppl lie when they tell you its crap, they don't, my disc is destroyed, wont RE-sell it, as nobody should play this game.
  22. Nov 25, 2012
    All around, this is a disappointment. I loved RE5, but 6 does not live up to that memory. If you want a good action game, play Mass Effect 3. If you want a good survival horror game, play ZombieU. But do not buy RE6, it does a really bad job of trying to mix both genres, and ends up with a horrible conglomeration that fails to impress either way.
  23. Mar 24, 2013
    I can't understand why such a game like this one gets this bad review in my opinion this one is very great action game and one of the best in the series....very smooth one.
  24. Oct 8, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 follows in the footsteps of both 4 ( with 4 it has big shoes to fill) & 5 and does so brilliantly as it emulates the 4th's gritty setting and tension while keeping the 5th's lust for blood and guns it isn
  25. Oct 12, 2012
    Resident Evil ha cambiado y es un juego super completo y entretenido... no te dejes llevar por los reviews... sin duda si eres un real fanatico de la franquicia te encantara.... no es un juego perfecto pero es de lo mejor que ha salido de la franquicia... tienes para todos los gustos
  26. Oct 4, 2012
    So...Resident Evil 4 and 5 get good scores and this one doesn't? It does everything better than RE4/5!?
    What i see here is a simple case of fans hating on this game for not being survival horror, they aren't actually rating the game itself which i think is very harmful and degrading to the developers and is very unfair. I happen to like the changes in the RE series, they are freaking agents they should know how to defend themselves adequetly and im sure Leon would be expert at that by now considering hes been dealing with outbreaks his whole life now...but besides that i enjoy this game a lot. There are few frustrating bugs and issues but what game today doesnt have that. It really upsets me though to see so many people making bad reviews that actually arent even about the game itself...shouldnt be that way.
  27. Oct 2, 2012
    Not Bad, just not exactly good. The Controls are a bit wonky, they can be very unresponsive at times. The need for a cover system slightly confuses me since you are fighting Zombies. It does offer some good fun moments. If you had to say which campaign was the best, I would have to say that Ada Wongs one is, because you are isolated and there are more puzzles, like old school ResidentNot Bad, just not exactly good. The Controls are a bit wonky, they can be very unresponsive at times. The need for a cover system slightly confuses me since you are fighting Zombies. It does offer some good fun moments. If you had to say which campaign was the best, I would have to say that Ada Wongs one is, because you are isolated and there are more puzzles, like old school Resident Evil. The Multiplayer modes are decent, but once again not great. The cutscenes are excellent though. One thing I do not understand is why Capcom does not go back to the Horror mechanics and gameplay. Thank goodness you can now move and shoot, but still we need horror. This is just way too different. I reckon if this was not a Resident Evil game I would have scored it higher, but since it is, I have to give it a 6. Dissapointing, I was really hoping for a return to the good. Expand
  28. Oct 3, 2012
    Very bad game design. Some scenes like flee in motorcycle can actually be played without hands, without any inputs. Like a film. Where's interactions ? BAD GAME !
  29. Oct 4, 2012
    Skip to last line if you want my opinion in a summarized form. Don't listen to other reviews from RE fan-boys saying that this is nothing like the others... it sux='(. The truth is this game is different than the others, but it isn't bad. "It is not scary"- truthfully none of the RE series is, they are creepy at points,but in Leon's campaign there are creepy points also. Also what is theSkip to last line if you want my opinion in a summarized form. Don't listen to other reviews from RE fan-boys saying that this is nothing like the others... it sux='(. The truth is this game is different than the others, but it isn't bad. "It is not scary"- truthfully none of the RE series is, they are creepy at points,but in Leon's campaign there are creepy points also. Also what is the problem with change, isn't that why Obama was voted president in the US? COD fan-boys **** how MW3 was no different than MW2, Infinity Ward needed change. RE6 has 3 campaigns to start with, leon- horror styled campaign, Chris- third person shooter, and Jake- I truly have no idea, bad ass mofo, maybe???? And a surprise campaign... but don't tell anyone, ssssshhhhhhhh. I say the game is worthwhile, but if you are feeling edgy about buying it now wait till the price drops, it is a fun game, but the community sucks. The camera is a little sketchy, but you can get used to it. I love different types of games, I am an adventurous type of person, shooters like COD/Battlefield, Horror like RE and Silent Hill, open world games like GTA and Saints Row, other genres like LA Noir and Red dead redemption. Oh my God, I played games that compete against each other, but I found them all to be fun, except MW3. Like I read in another review, people rate 0 because of the "Glory Daze," from the older Resident Evils, yes the others were amazing games, but because this one is different doesn't mean it sucks. It is sort of like racism for a game, it also reminds me of Frankenstein, strange "monster" in a town that goes crazy when they see him. I am a gigantic RE fan, since the first Resident Evil, and i approve this message=D. And sorry about the super long review... I talk a lot=). It's a great game and I recommend it, it has a few problems, but what game doesn't? Expand
  30. Jan 1, 2013
    Ok ok so... i am writing this review in hopes of getting anyone that doesn't wanna play this game based on metacritics score. Forget the the number its total B.S this game deserves to be played all the reviews that i read had silly reasons to bash the game with. I recommend ppl to read NZgamers review on the game they had it spot on. So now i am goin to to say my opinion on the game. SoOk ok so... i am writing this review in hopes of getting anyone that doesn't wanna play this game based on metacritics score. Forget the the number its total B.S this game deserves to be played all the reviews that i read had silly reasons to bash the game with. I recommend ppl to read NZgamers review on the game they had it spot on. So now i am goin to to say my opinion on the game. So when the this game came out i personally never played a resident evil game before till this year when i downloaded resident evil 4 of marketplace at first i thought wow this game sucks lol mostly because the controls were so strange but after a alittle bit of learning them i got into the game. Which now is on my list of one the best games i have played.so naturally after finishing the 4th one i rushed to the nearest gamestop to get the 5th one again i was impressed with game and to notice on how the gameplay seemed to evolve above the 4th game i loved the changes they made to the game style it fit perfectly to the situations u were put in. Again the 5th game just blew me away. Thats why when i finally came around to the sixth one i was shocked to see sooo much hate towards it i was like what the hell whats goin on lol. So i was curious about what capcom did to make ppl dislike the 6th one. So i got the game sat down and right from the start i got a big smile on my face finally they let me have full control of my character its like u can move like the cut scenes from the 4th and 5th games. I was again impressed with this franchise. The story and how its presented was amazing every campaign u play through adds more to the story which makes for a unique experience. Like the whole game is just so cleverly presented its mind blowing lol. So for all the ppl hating on it plz really times change game changes it simple i dont understand why you would want to be the same game like the first or 2nd i mean really? Then we be hearing things like this game is the same thing over and over like ppl do with cod. So heres my score on this game i give it a 9.8 because the game looks awesome the controls are some of the best ever far superior to the last 2 games. The characters and story is just perfectly woven together through a timeline the c virus is badass and far mre deadlier then and thing any of the other viruses plus it gave rise to some crazy monster variations. The only things that hold it from a 10 is just the large amount of quick time events they ok but sometimes it was abit excessive. O and one mre thing that makes this game awesome is join other ppls game as infected which was awesome plus other mulitiplayer options. All in all if ur a true resident evil fan u can accept change and welcome it because this is the best resident evil game yet period. Expand

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.