5.0

1. Oct 10, 2012
    What could I say that hasn't been said already....RE6 is a piece of **** That about sums it up. The game tries to throw in every modern game cliche and convention in the desperate hope of appealing to everyone, but is so unpolished and poorly designed that it cannot pull of anything well. Even if you can forget about the title and look at it as just another action third person shooterWhat could I say that hasn't been said already....RE6 is a piece of **** That about sums it up. The game tries to throw in every modern game cliche and convention in the desperate hope of appealing to everyone, but is so unpolished and poorly designed that it cannot pull of anything well. Even if you can forget about the title and look at it as just another action third person shooter there is just nothing to see here that can't be found (and done much better) in any number of other games out there. It's just so ham fisted and poorly executed that I honestly wonder if anyone play tested it before release. Expand
  2. Oct 11, 2012
    Worst game in the series. They should be embarrassed for putting out such garbage. I can't believe i wasted a good Verbatim DL-DVD on this junk. I want my $0.50 back for my disk i burned it on :)
  3. Oct 8, 2012
    This should have been a new ip and it will be decent its clearly doesn't deserve resi 6 name hope dev will learn from their mistake

And why low score cause its not resi
  4. Jan 15, 2014
    Capcom, WAKE UP! This is not a Resident Evil game in anyway.
    Capcom, WAKE UP! This is not a Resident Evil game in anyway.
    If Capcom wanted to make a new game series with people who wear a mask and turn into dust when they die, or better yet turn into a T-Rex when they die. Make a new game series, but don't use characters from a well known series to make a new game. In no way, back in 1997 did Resident Evil plan to turn out like this, If you've ever played the first 3 games you would know this, Even going by the in game memos you find, Its a ZOMBIE outbreak, Not a mask to dust outbreak. If Albert Wesker really is dead, then there is no coming back to true form. He was Alpha teams squad leader turned bad guy. He didn't have a mystical jacket that made him Neo from the Matrix. What a bad way to turn out. Capcom need to stop spoon feeding 4.7 billion versions of Street Fighter 4. The game is 6 years old, Let it die already. No wonder Mikami has left Capcom. Anybody who rates this game as good, then shame on you because you are the people who are killing this series off. I would rather see Capcom go bankrupt if they think of making another bad Resident Evil game. Make it survival horror Like 1/2/3 or better yet, Like the Gamecube remake, Thats the only good Reisdent Evil game and not even in the last ten years. 4 is not the best, And I wouldn't even call 4 a Resident Evil game either. One more bad Resident Evil game on console (Handheld versions such as the 3DS etc are always going to be bad) but one more AAA version that sucks, Although I have been a die hard Resident Evil fan since 1997, I will honestly never buy another Capcom game other then the next Marvel vs Capcom, or a Resident Evil remake of 2 like the gamecube game that should have happened. Please don't rate this game high or Capcom will never learn what the fans want and how to make money again!
  5. Oct 2, 2012
    I cannot believe this game. They did everything we didn't want them to do! They made it more of an action game, they added more co-op and that pointless AI partner, and it isn't even scary! What the hell is wrong with you Capcom?
  6. Oct 8, 2012
    I read all the criticism, and bought the game anyway believing it couldn't be THAT bad... Now, I want my $60 back.

The Resident Evil franchise has turned into a lackluster and at times broken 3rd person shooter. Couple that with frustrating melee combat, cheap deaths that make NO logical sense (hit by a train while 40 feet away from the tracks?) , and just plain old bizarre creatures that awkwardly run down hallways and bump into you or fly around getting caught on invisible walls. For me, it was just unplayable.
  7. Oct 2, 2012
    Horrible game, Capcom almost literally took a **** on all of their fans with this piece of garbage. It's sad, really but probably for the best since we likely won't get another resident evil game after this, thank god to that.
  8. Jan 30, 2013
    I am a huge resident evil fan. I have the entire main series, as well as two of the side games. I unfortunately add owning Resident Evil 6 to that list. I got through two chapters of Chris' storyline and cannot take any more. Clumsy controls, nauseating camera angles, and an aiming system that seems to do away with the aiming part. The only reason I even gave RE6 a 2/10 was becauseI am a huge resident evil fan. I have the entire main series, as well as two of the side games. I unfortunately add owning Resident Evil 6 to that list. I got through two chapters of Chris' storyline and cannot take any more. Clumsy controls, nauseating camera angles, and an aiming system that seems to do away with the aiming part. The only reason I even gave RE6 a 2/10 was because the story arc seemed interesting, and I liked the idea of different characters different action. That being said, I couldn't put up with the many flaws to even find out how it ends. Expand
  9. Jun 8, 2013
    I, like many other Resident Evil fans, was disappointed with the direction the series took with its fifth mainline title which was made just about tolerable thanks to its co-op mode. Resident Evil 6 takes things further down the action route to the extent that this is Resident Evil in name only.

Split into three fairly lengthy campaigns, all of which offer different styles of gameplay, there is certainly no shortage of content on offer here. Leon’s campaign is certainly the closest to the original survival horror style and is certainly playable to some degree but I could barely tolerate the campaigns of Chris or Jake for ten minutes before giving up through pure anger. Both are pure action fares, and not even good ones. Chris’s campaign seemed to be trying to copy the cover based Gears of War template without any success whilst Jake’s seemed to involve no more than pressing the attack button over and over again until I’d killed all the enemies on screen.

Over the years I've enjoyed playing action based shooters as much as anyone but that’s not what I want from Resident Evil and, if you are going to try to capture some of the Call of Duty audience, you need to create a game that is a damn site better than this shambling mess.
  10. Oct 3, 2012
    Absolutely disappointing. Resident Evil 6 is a lot of things, but faithful to the franchise name associated with survival horror is certainly not one of them. The entire game looks and feels like a jumbled mess that isn't sure which direction it wants to take; it''s akin to the most recent "Turok" title in that it has little to nothing to do with the franchise name with exception to theAbsolutely disappointing. Resident Evil 6 is a lot of things, but faithful to the franchise name associated with survival horror is certainly not one of them. The entire game looks and feels like a jumbled mess that isn't sure which direction it wants to take; it''s akin to the most recent "Turok" title in that it has little to nothing to do with the franchise name with exception to the name of characters found within, leaving players and especially fans to wonder just what went so horribly wrong.
    The game tries too hard to be both an action game and a horror game without being very successful at either, becoming more of a frustrating slog through something you want so badly to be good instead of a horror-filled thrill ride the title was once was. With Capcom producer Masachika Kawata even admitting the game was a push to cater more to the casual Call of Duty crowd to help bring in record numbers, the only thing Resident Evil 6 has successfully done was turn it's brand name into a washed up husk that's now trying to ride the coattails of another washed up series of games.

This title truly marks the end of a once great series. Rest in Peace, Resident Evil.
  11. Oct 10, 2012
    LOOK what have done to BIO HAZARD, Capcom!!!
    Having been a fan of the series for over a decade, I had a bad feeling when I first played BH5, an obvious change of direction after 4, which was a master piece but a game which arguably changed the foundational elements: horror and helplessness which defined the original Bio Hazard.
    Now this: a utterly unoriginal, ego-packed mess of COD
    LOOK what have done to BIO HAZARD, Capcom!!!
    Now this: a utterly unoriginal, ego-packed mess of COD action and frustrating fighter.
    Even as a GAME it fails to be accessible and rewarding, relying solely on harvesting fans's emotional attachment to the high polygon version of the character they have grew to care about.
    In one word, AVOID.
  12. Oct 2, 2012
    I stood in line to buy this last night and got aobut 3 hours into it. As a RE fan, I am extremely, extremely disappointed. Rushed, disorganized, and downright shameful to the series (even worse than Operation Racoon city). If i could go back in time and cancel my preorder and get my money back, I would :(
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    This is literally the worst Resident Evil game yet, i start the campaign, and everything is really stupid. Shoot this shoot that go over there, OMG big scary monster! Like come on i beat Jake and Leons campaign in just about 6 hours! this is what i get for playing this on my day off. I am done with Resident Evil hasn't been a good one since RE4. They have it all wrong. The sound effectsThis is literally the worst Resident Evil game yet, i start the campaign, and everything is really stupid. Shoot this shoot that go over there, OMG big scary monster! Like come on i beat Jake and Leons campaign in just about 6 hours! this is what i get for playing this on my day off. I am done with Resident Evil hasn't been a good one since RE4. They have it all wrong. The sound effects are like diarrhea coming out of a trumpets ass! Expand
  14. Oct 7, 2012
    All ive got to say is that this is probably one of the most dissopinting games in video game history.This game is pretty much a wannabe left 4 dead.Remember the old resident evils where it was a total pain in the butt to find things you needed to shoot and stuff.This is pretty much a left 4 dead but lfd was meant to be a type of run an gun game but resident evil was meant to be a survivalAll ive got to say is that this is probably one of the most dissopinting games in video game history.This game is pretty much a wannabe left 4 dead.Remember the old resident evils where it was a total pain in the butt to find things you needed to shoot and stuff.This is pretty much a left 4 dead but lfd was meant to be a type of run an gun game but resident evil was meant to be a survival horror.If you bought it and finshed it you better go get your money back and save it for borderlands or something. Expand
  15. Oct 2, 2012
    I will review this game as if i were one of the many retarded people who submit badly spelled, ridiculously excitable and highly annoying reviews on this site. Here goes. WOW fabularse game, gratist gayme ever mayde, besterist graphics ever seen by hooman eyez man, downt listen trolls to the, nothing know they peoples do. sound 63 out of 10 its sounds better than a tree falling on aI will review this game as if i were one of the many retarded people who submit badly spelled, ridiculously excitable and highly annoying reviews on this site. Here goes. WOW fabularse game, gratist gayme ever mayde, besterist graphics ever seen by hooman eyez man, downt listen trolls to the, nothing know they peoples do. sound 63 out of 10 its sounds better than a tree falling on a hamster bro's, grephcis 87 owt oz 10 this game is so sexual lokoing that it is really betterer than a bagfull of megan foxeriz., gaymeplay 1,000,000 out 0v 10 theres stuuf and fings and stuff everywhere and fings, this relly is btteer than cod everyday of the week, awesumness mans and that, gooter goes nah and felch my preoredered copyz from ver shop, skillz and that to you peoples of the game sites, overaalls score 1 outs of500,000,000.2 Expand
  16. Oct 2, 2012
    Is no gaming series safe from over-casualization? Of becoming another Call of duty clone but overwhelmingly worse? Capcom continues this trend with RE 6. Quite simply, everyone is sick of fps' and the industry needs to wake up.
  17. Dec 15, 2012
    This **** piece of **** game is the Nickelback of gaming history, Capcom should be ashamed of having their logo stamped on this abomination, we should just pretend it doesn't exist and move on.
  18. Oct 17, 2012
    Is this a joke? Capcom claim to have been "studying modern trends in control of popular action games". OK at least the layout isn't done by a blind person but the camera angle and field of view make the game unplayable. Not to mention how dark the game is; not intentionally this dark, but due to poor lighting trying to hide away the last-gen graphics. There are Wii games better lookingIs this a joke? Capcom claim to have been "studying modern trends in control of popular action games". OK at least the layout isn't done by a blind person but the camera angle and field of view make the game unplayable. Not to mention how dark the game is; not intentionally this dark, but due to poor lighting trying to hide away the last-gen graphics. There are Wii games better looking than this. Textures, lighting, floor and wall detail are inexcusable for a 2012 title. The lack of ammo coupled with non-stop quick-time events break up the flow of the action (or what little of it there is), making it impossible to be immersed. You still can't change settings while the game is paused even if you play offline, which again is another silly design decision. You ca't even hipfire. Even if there was enough ammo in this game (which there isn't even with 100% accuracy) it would still feel dull. What we have here is possibly the best example of how NOT to make a video game. I can't think how it could have possibly been worse. Things we take for granted even in the worst of games are missing here. You can't even pause the game to change controls! And the controls and camera are THE WORST I've ever come across in any shooter on any platform so far. I can't imagine how it could be worse. Expand
  19. Oct 2, 2012
    So here i am someone who avoided Resident Evil 5 (watched a lets play on youtube and how **** far did they fall, from being called Capgod to Crapcom in 1 gen)and decided to take my chances with RE6 hoping capcom would learn their lesson.Jesus they took everything wrong with the RE5 multiplied it by 10 x resided evil ORC by 100 and that's what RE6 is.The length of the game only tortures youSo here i am someone who avoided Resident Evil 5 (watched a lets play on youtube and how **** far did they fall, from being called Capgod to Crapcom in 1 gen)and decided to take my chances with RE6 hoping capcom would learn their lesson.Jesus they took everything wrong with the RE5 multiplied it by 10 x resided evil ORC by 100 and that's what RE6 is.The length of the game only tortures you more which would not have been a probably if this was remotely good.This game is all out Duke Nukem forever terrible, and the multiple campaigns only serve to show that capcom has no idea anymore with what they're doing and are trying their best to pander to the Call of Duty audience AND throw some scraps to the once core RE fanbase that made the series as well know as it is today. Expand
  20. Oct 2, 2012
    I do not have any problem with Capcom doing a Resident Evil without horror. But if they want to do a TPS, they should do something good. With great games like Gears of War and Uncharted available, who wants dated and boring game like this. Resident Evil 6 is a big failure.
  21. Oct 13, 2012
    A game full of poorly implemented QTE's and terrible camera angles. This is the biggest gaming disappointment of 2012. By conforming to the COD model of gaming and not taking risks, gaming has become stagnated. The so called safe approach can only work for so long before people become bored. Resident Evil 6 utilises the action heavy formula and provides a very shallow and unrewardingA game full of poorly implemented QTE's and terrible camera angles. This is the biggest gaming disappointment of 2012. By conforming to the COD model of gaming and not taking risks, gaming has become stagnated. The so called safe approach can only work for so long before people become bored. Resident Evil 6 utilises the action heavy formula and provides a very shallow and unrewarding experience. Expand
  22. Dec 21, 2012
    Awful game. Another one stitched together by overlong and boring cut scenes that dont enhance the game. Press A press B etc do dodge things when they tell you. Not horror survival, not first person shooter just an awful outside corridoors type of action game ........with very little action or game. I think they should have just made a movie as this is what the game appears to be tryingAwful game. Another one stitched together by overlong and boring cut scenes that dont enhance the game. Press A press B etc do dodge things when they tell you. Not horror survival, not first person shooter just an awful outside corridoors type of action game ........with very little action or game. I think they should have just made a movie as this is what the game appears to be trying to be.
    I didnt believe the low scores before i bought this game but i do now!
  23. Oct 2, 2012
    Not only is this game the worst RE game, it's also the worst action game out there. Playing this game is like watching a movie because there's a cutscene every 30 seconds, except this movie has a **** camera, more button mashing quicktime events than Mario Party and non-fluid animations. The following is a summation of the whole game: Cutscene, quick time event, cutscene, shoot 2 monsters,Not only is this game the worst RE game, it's also the worst action game out there. Playing this game is like watching a movie because there's a cutscene every 30 seconds, except this movie has a **** camera, more button mashing quicktime events than Mario Party and non-fluid animations. The following is a summation of the whole game: Cutscene, quick time event, cutscene, shoot 2 monsters, cutscene, shoot 3 monsters, cutscene, open door, cutscene, run towards the camera away from something huge, kill the something huge boss in 2 shots, cutscene, rinse and repeat. Expand
  24. Oct 10, 2012
    Resident Evil used to be a scary survival horror innovator. It used to be unique and a leader in its respective field. Now it is just another Gears of War type action game. It has lost its way and has become a generic Micheal Bay title. True Resident Evil fans avoid it and show Capcom we don't want another generic shooter. If the sales figures reflect this they could actually make a uniqueResident Evil used to be a scary survival horror innovator. It used to be unique and a leader in its respective field. Now it is just another Gears of War type action game. It has lost its way and has become a generic Micheal Bay title. True Resident Evil fans avoid it and show Capcom we don't want another generic shooter. If the sales figures reflect this they could actually make a unique survival horror title. Expand
  25. Oct 6, 2012
    One of the worst game I ever played, I could play even 15 minutes... ruined good series
    I will never ever ever buy game published by Capcom. Worst money I spend.
  26. Jan 27, 2013
    In my eyes, with RE5 and 6, Capcom completely whored out their Resident Evil franchise to make money, damaging their high reputation of beeing able to deliver awesome horror/survival games. This mess called Resident Evil 6 is the logic consequence of people buying the mess that Resident Evil 5 already was. Just really makes me wonder how RE7 will look like. Imho they can either go back toIn my eyes, with RE5 and 6, Capcom completely whored out their Resident Evil franchise to make money, damaging their high reputation of beeing able to deliver awesome horror/survival games. This mess called Resident Evil 6 is the logic consequence of people buying the mess that Resident Evil 5 already was. Just really makes me wonder how RE7 will look like. Imho they can either go back to horror and survival, or finally kill their franchise with an even more dumbed down action game. Expand
  27. Oct 3, 2012
    Where is the Horror!!? This game is 80% generic 3rd person action-shooter and 20% (or even less) survival horror.I though Capcom had learned with RE5 that co-op play really kills all the tension. What else is to dislike about this game: messed up story, killing regular zombies is really annoying, having an arrow/marked point telling you which way to go, Leon Kennedy harsh voice. This gameWhere is the Horror!!? This game is 80% generic 3rd person action-shooter and 20% (or even less) survival horror.I though Capcom had learned with RE5 that co-op play really kills all the tension. What else is to dislike about this game: messed up story, killing regular zombies is really annoying, having an arrow/marked point telling you which way to go, Leon Kennedy harsh voice. This game in my opinion is a bad mix between RE5 and RE Racoon City. If you Didn't like any of these 2 games you won't like this one. The RE franchise as a horror survivor game is now dead. Dead space is now the true and only king of the genre. Expand
  28. Nov 14, 2012
    We get that Operation Raccoon City is one of the Resident Evil games that we don't care about. After that game comes Resident Evil 6...sadly one of the screwed-up sequels. Look at the Resident Evil fans! They're mad at that game! You got to admit that Resident Evil 6 is terrible...enough said.
  29. Oct 28, 2012
    Not a bad game so far but the qte's is very VERY irritating. There is the one part where you havve to land a plane that will actually make me think twice about buying the next release of RE. I don't know what the story is behind the qte's because it doesn't prove anything or make a game enjoyable, it just irritates players. I would've given this game a high rating but the qte's made meNot a bad game so far but the qte's is very VERY irritating. There is the one part where you havve to land a plane that will actually make me think twice about buying the next release of RE. I don't know what the story is behind the qte's because it doesn't prove anything or make a game enjoyable, it just irritates players. I would've given this game a high rating but the qte's made me change my mind Expand
  30. Oct 24, 2012
    I hate to say this -- I truly do -- but Resident Evil 6 is without a doubt the worst Resident Evil game I've ever played, and considering how every modern title besides Revelations has been pretty lackluster, that's nothing like saying it's the worst Mario or Zelda game I've played. What shocked me was that there were elements left unrefined that I would never have expected to be so. EvenI hate to say this -- I truly do -- but Resident Evil 6 is without a doubt the worst Resident Evil game I've ever played, and considering how every modern title besides Revelations has been pretty lackluster, that's nothing like saying it's the worst Mario or Zelda game I've played. What shocked me was that there were elements left unrefined that I would never have expected to be so. Even the controls felt unfinished in this game. It's not that they don't function properly, it's just that it feels like the characters warp through space. This doesn't happen in any other Resident Evil game. In every other title in the franchise, it feels like the characters are firmly grounded and move accordingly. Movements just feel so shoddy and unpolished in this game, and that's just unacceptable for any video game period.

Everything else in this game is just as bad, if not worse. The QTE's are murder, the enemy AI is pathetic, the inventory is a mess, weapon upgrades are useless and a pain to manage, melee strikes make you practically invincible, and the plot lacks any sense of direction. Just to name SOME of the issues with this game. I don't know how Capcom managed to produce such a bastardization of a Resident Evil game, but I do know that if they don't bounce back from this, they'll have lost every ounce of respect from me as not only a gamer but as a human being. This entire game was just an insult to play.

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.