5.0

1. Oct 2, 2012
    RE 6 is better than Dark Souls in every aspect, seriously would you believe me if i tell you how much I got bored with Dark Souls? but with Resident Evil 6 it's fun all the time because you have weapons and you fight monsters not just those boring zombies, REAL monsters.
  2. Oct 2, 2012
    I agree with the people who claims this game to be better than Dark Souls, dark souls have no story and its boring with an unfair difficulty. This game in the other hand is fun, with a fair difficulty and the best story of videogame history. If you dont buy it, you're retarded. Dont let the user score scare you, what are you? a fool who let others brainwash you into not buying what you want? lol
  3. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, it has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  4. Oct 3, 2012
    Why are there so many mindless zeroes? Yes this game had flaws but now I feel that I am forced to give it a 10 to hopefully raise its metascore a little. No it wasn't nearly as good as any other RE game but it was still okay.
  5. Oct 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You canThe gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You can run, slide and do barrel rolls in order to avoid damage, and also you can now counter enemy attacks, which requires really good reflexes lol XD.

There is an skill points system that is similar to the money system of RE4-5; but instead of buying or upgrading weapons you buy or upgrade skills. For example, instead of buying a bulletproof vest, you buy an skill to take less damage; and Instead of upgrading a weapon in particular in order to do more damage, you buy an skill that allows you to do more damage. Most skills can be upgraded, but cost lots skill points to do so. You can only equip 3 skill points for each skill set. At first you have only one skill set, but afterwards when you complete 1 campaign you will get access to 8 sets. Each one of them can have 3 skills, and can be swapped on the fly during gameplay, so if you think that certain area or boss requires different skills, you can equip them without a problem. But remember that in order to access the 8 skills, you need to finish 1 campaign first.

During some events there are QTEs, which I think are quite unnecessary, but they last a small amount of time, so for me they did not bring down the gameplay. There are other kind of QTEs, like when a zombie grabs you, and you need kick him in the face so he stops biting you lol XD. I think those fit the gameplay well.

Oh, and in case you did not know; this game is hard XD.

You have at first 3 campaigns to choose from with their respective hero: Leon, Chris, and Jake. I think that is the biggest strength of the game, and also it is where most of the weak points are. The 3 campaigns are quite different from each other, which is not a bad thing; but it is kind of bad when they all have different gameplay focus. The gameplay mechanics seem to have been elaborated around Leon´s campaign, and that makes it look like that Leon story is the MAIN story while the other 2 are some kind of bonus....a lengthy bonus. Now this may sound really bad for the game, but that is not the case; I say this because Leon campaign is the best of the 3, it last between 7-8 hours to complete; so for me as a fan it justifies the $60. It is a mix of RE4 and old RE games.

I think that they should have made the Leon campaign longer, and make it THE MAIN CAMPAIGN of the game, and once you clear it, you are able to access Chris and Jake story. Kind of separate ways and desperate escape, but much bigger. And once the 3 are completed you could access Ada´s campaign.

Treat the game as if it only has at first the Leon´s campaign available. It begins slow the first half hour, but after that it picks up the pace, and it is really good. And if you play it in co-op it is a blast. One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had during a game. I says this, because the gameplay mechanics dont fit really well Chris, and Jakes campaign. They are enjoyable once you get used to the gameplay focus of each campaign; but Leon campaign is simply the best. Ada´s campaign is also great.

I recommend you to play a campaign first and once you want to play other one do so, but dont back and forth jump between them because they are very different.

I think that if reviewers would have played the other 2 campaigns as a bonus, (after they completed Leon´s campaign) instead of playing them as the main thing offered in the game they would have rate it way better.

Also I think that the camera should be further. They have added gameplay mechanics that add more mobility, but due to the fact that the stages are bigger, zombies can attack from anywhere, so you still can not dodge them. It would be better to have the camera further away (like in Uncharted) in order to have a better look of the surroundings.

TIP: Change camera settings from 5 to 1. The game is really awesome and every RE fan must play it. It deserves an 8.5/10, but I am rating it a 10/10 because of the haters here that have not even played the game rate it 0/10.
  6. Oct 16, 2012
    With a fantastic story, memorable characters, exhilarating set pieces, and a masterful blend of all the best elements found in previous iterations of the franchise, Resident Evil 6 delivers an unforgettable experience which every fan of the series ought to partake in.
  7. Oct 5, 2012
    Best Action Game of the year. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario. Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Leon.
  8. Oct 11, 2012
    Como voces sabem, a maior prova que a Capcom poderia ter que Resident Evil 6 foi um grande sucesso, aconteceu! O game ja vendeu mais de 4,5 milhoes de copias e espera atingir a marca de 7 milhoes ate 31/03/2013. Os jogadores que compraram, ainda tiveram a oportunidade de jogar uma extensa demo antes de decidir pela compra.
  9. Oct 6, 2012
    It gets a ten really only to balance out the unwarranted super-bombing in the game. It's far from a great game and not the best in the series by a long shot. It's riddled with a few technical problems and annoyances- but nothing that makes it unplayable. The story is... well, typical of Resident Evil. Which, no matter what anyone says, has always been questionable and even oft times silly.It gets a ten really only to balance out the unwarranted super-bombing in the game. It's far from a great game and not the best in the series by a long shot. It's riddled with a few technical problems and annoyances- but nothing that makes it unplayable. The story is... well, typical of Resident Evil. Which, no matter what anyone says, has always been questionable and even oft times silly. Since the first game. So you get the same ol', same ol' there. Chris' campaign is unsurprisingly weak while Leon's is worth the play through for nearly every step. Over all though, it's a pretty damn fun co-op experience. Playing it alone is a waste of your time, but with a good friend? You'll get at least some hours of enjoyment for your money. It's at least a recommended rent. I might suggest buying it, but I'd wait for a better deal; half the current price maybe.

Honestly, if you liked RE4 and RE5, you'll at least find some things in this game to like enough for continued play. If you're more of a fan of the classic Resident Evil games, well... you're out of luck. But you've been out of luck for half a decade now, so you shouldn't even be bothering at this point, should you?

In all, a mediocre to slightly good game. It won't bring you anything truly unique and new to enjoy (except far better controls than RE4/5 with much more options on what you can do) and doesn't really ADD to the series in any meaningful way. But it also doesn't really bring anything disappointing- it's far from the let down disaster of other games released this year (at least Capcom didn't pull an EA/BioWare on you).
  10. Oct 7, 2012
    Giving it a 10 just to counter all the nonsense 0's people are giving out. I've played for a couple of hours on Leon's campaign, and this game is a solid 7.5-8/10 so far.
  11. Oct 28, 2012
    Some overpaid clown on a review site told me Resident Evil 6 is TERRIBLE and I believe it because I watched a video but have never played the game or its two predecessors/played the first 10 minutes of the game after having bought the game for $60 without playing the demo first/am an idiot. I think this game is bad because it isn't scary and there is too much action and also there areSome overpaid clown on a review site told me Resident Evil 6 is TERRIBLE and I believe it because I watched a video but have never played the game or its two predecessors/played the first 10 minutes of the game after having bought the game for $60 without playing the demo first/am an idiot. I think this game is bad because it isn't scary and there is too much action and also there are quick time events. It is OK if God of War is nothing but quick time events but every half an hour Resident Evil 6 has a quick time event so I don't like it. Resident Evil 4 and 5 did not have any quick time events at all and were super scary and they were not third person shooters with any amount of action. They just had lots of running around and backtracking through empty hallways, combining arbitrary objects into keys while auto-aiming at zombies that had way too much health. I liked it better when it took more than an entire magazine from a pistol just to kill a single zombie. Those were the good, old days, back when no skill or thought was required to play the game. Resident Evil 6 shouldn't have changed the formula set by Resident Evil 4 and 5, 4 having come out in 2004 and 5 having come out in 2009.
    Wait, you mean to tell me Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 are also third person shooters full of quick time events and lots of action and the same camera angle with comparable controls and gameplay? You're saying that Resident Evil 6 actually has less quick time events because now dodge rolling is a manual function? That Resident Evil 6 is really fun and that comparing it to crappy PS1 games that came out 16 years ago is stupid and that I should have complained about the change back in 2004?
    Then maybe I should shut my stupid mouth about how Resident Evil 6 is "different" from the rest of the Resident Evil series and enjoy it as a genuinely good game with a couple of issues that don't ruin the overall experience.
  12. Oct 4, 2012
    Trolls are everywhere on this title. Well worth the wait. Well worth the time. Well worth the money. actual score would have to be an 8.5 outta 10 but had to give it a ten to help offset the trolls.
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    Superb game. It's sad to see it's been the target for a lynch mob of fanatical internet trolls but as we all know, sites like this have given the most intellectually handicapped people a soap box for venting their rancor. Not only do they undermine a game of substantial quality but they pervert the Metacritic score system to the point where it becomes curupted and meaningless. Because ofSuperb game. It's sad to see it's been the target for a lynch mob of fanatical internet trolls but as we all know, sites like this have given the most intellectually handicapped people a soap box for venting their rancor. Not only do they undermine a game of substantial quality but they pervert the Metacritic score system to the point where it becomes curupted and meaningless. Because of this I have awarded the game a 10 when 9 is perhaps more appropriate. The series has moved on from being a minimalist survival horror game but Resident Evil 6 is nevertheless a superbly realised and imaginative action adventure game with great graphics and some eye popping set pieces. It's pure videogame and a pleasure to play. Good job Capcom! Expand
  14. Oct 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All these negative reviews are all trolls or idiots that only play Call of Duty games. These bad reviewers are not true fans of the Resident Evil series because they can't accept change and always compare the newer games to the original which is preposterous since games will always progress. The plot line in Resident Evil 6 is SUPERB. Having the game split into 4 separate campaigns is genius and allows and interesting flow of events to unfold and have different points of view on how things unfold. People are comparing the action of the game to Call of Duty and saying there's no horror in this game, that is complete BS! Capcom brought back horror in this game in that, they brought back the darkness. I don't know about the rest of these 12 year olds who have the light setting in there game very high, but me and my buddy played it at a nice low level where it's meant to be at. The large amount of zombies and monsters in this game was awesome and really had me and my friend at the edge of our seat. The action outside the cathedral, and inside was terrific and exciting and very tense. Capcom did a very good job of bringing tension back to the game like they had in Resident Evil 4. Sure there's somethings I didn't really like about Resident Evil 6 like the skill point system instead of a money system. It's something new, though, and I'm not some sap who can't accept change so I went along with the flow of things. Anyone who's not an idiot and can enjoy a well written and directed game and that's a fan of the Resident Evil series, get this game. The character and story progression is great. Expand
  15. Oct 2, 2012
    There is much troll on this page, this game and they will destroy their multiaccounts like call of duty and diablo 3, but unfortunately did not have anything to do if not **** and put 0 to a game that, while for many has been the best work ... personally has been the best game of resident evil .. varied and fun game.
  16. Oct 3, 2012
    You really gotta be a super nerd to give this game a 0. I've been playing Resident Evil since the 1st entry on Playstation. There have been a lot of missteps in the franchise over the years, but this is not one of them. I'm about halfway through the campaign for Leon Kennedy and I've had a great time so far. The graphics and animations are amazing. The gameplay is a nice step up fromYou really gotta be a super nerd to give this game a 0. I've been playing Resident Evil since the 1st entry on Playstation. There have been a lot of missteps in the franchise over the years, but this is not one of them. I'm about halfway through the campaign for Leon Kennedy and I've had a great time so far. The graphics and animations are amazing. The gameplay is a nice step up from Resident Evil 5. I don't know what these nerds are whining about. Expand
  17. Oct 6, 2012
    love it, all these zero's are atrocious, if your looking for re4 this isnt it get over it, so stop crying because you want another version of an old game, capcom wants to tap into a new market and some of us love it
  18. Oct 4, 2012
    People need to rate this game on how the game actually is and not just be angry because its not like the old style Resident Evil's (which i am a fan of and still prefer).
    Resident Evil 6 is unfortunately mainly an action game so rating it as an action game with horror elements means its fantastic as a stand alone game. There is so much to do and gives you hours of gameplay time.
    The
    The graphics are great and the story is still brilliant. This is a huge improvement on Resident Evil 5 and i will be looking forward to getting the DLC even though i disagree with Capcom releasing it on the 360 first but it is a business at the end of the day.
    For Resident Evil 7 i would like Capcom to take more of a horror route (dead space style) but as long as the action and gore is RE6 standard i will still be happy.
    This game does NOT deserve such low ratings!
  19. Oct 27, 2012
    I don't know why people is complaining about this game.

I've been playing all the campaigns and Having a lot of fun so far. Leon's campaign is awesome. Chris is nice as well. Now I`m playing JAKE'S campaign. I confess, my first thought when I bought this was to play in a day and them trade, but no, I will keep this with me. LOVE IT so far. Of course we have GIANT enemies
    I don't know why people is complaining about this game.

I've been playing all the campaigns and Having a lot of fun so far.

Leon's campaign is awesome.

Chris is nice as well.

Now I`m playing JAKE'S campaign.

Of course we have GIANT enemies and huge beasts plus J avos and stuff.

The graphics are well done, the textures no much. IMMERSIVE and ENTERTAINING! I LOVE IT.

LOT OF PEOPLE WHO'S COMPLAINING I BET THAT THEY DID PLAY ON YOUTUBE. I LOVED SO FAR. AGAIN IMMERSIVE AND ENTERTAINING!
  20. Oct 4, 2012
    An overall entertaining game, 6 improves on several things from the old games (like the controls), but is ultimately flawed. The aforementioned controls, for instance, would work brilliantly if this were an actual survival horror game and not an action game, where they're inferior to more standard controls. The co-op is brilliant, allowing multiple players to see battles from completelyAn overall entertaining game, 6 improves on several things from the old games (like the controls), but is ultimately flawed. The aforementioned controls, for instance, would work brilliantly if this were an actual survival horror game and not an action game, where they're inferior to more standard controls. The co-op is brilliant, allowing multiple players to see battles from completely different perspectives, and Agent Hunt is a welcome addition. There's over 30 hours of campaign, Mercenaries, and several different multiplayer game modes to keep gamers playing for hours.
    Overall, it's a weak game compared to its predecessors, but it stands out in comparison to most modern action shooters; some elements of the game should remain in the inevitable future titles, but they should reserve the hyper-actionized gameplay for spin-offs. Those looking for an enjoyable hardcore romp will enjoy this game; those looking for survival horror would be better off investing in recent 3DS game Resident Evil: Revelations, or Ubisoft's upcoming game ZombiU.

(Deserves a 7/10, but I'm giving it 10/10 to try and offset all the 0/10-rating multi-accounters who've never played the game and don't intend to)
  21. Oct 2, 2012
    Whilst I don't believe this game deserves a 10/10 I think it needs more balance when clearly people are clicking 0 with no justifiability. This game is actually pretty good despite it's short coming's. I was excited for this game and while mostly good there are a few glaring issues. Firstly there is no denying the camera is atrocious. It locks on to objects when you don't want it to and inWhilst I don't believe this game deserves a 10/10 I think it needs more balance when clearly people are clicking 0 with no justifiability. This game is actually pretty good despite it's short coming's. I was excited for this game and while mostly good there are a few glaring issues. Firstly there is no denying the camera is atrocious. It locks on to objects when you don't want it to and in corridors it can begin spazzing out and while it's annoying, it doesn't ruin the experience. There are some sections i.e. the stealth section in Jake/Sherry's campaign, are quite boring and a little frustrating, but the moments it gets right makes up for these moments to make what is a half decent game. I haven't gotten really far into it but I doubt most people on here rating this game a 0 have, it's a long game, has an interesting and intriguing story and unfortunately because a few too many critics and fans are so butt hurt that the game isn't survival horror any more it gets bad reviews and probably won;t sell as well as it should.
    You should at least give this game a chance, don;t write it off because of the less than great reviews.
  22. Oct 6, 2012
    I'll begin saying that Survival Horror is my favourite genre, and Resident Evil 1 my favourite game of the franchise (My favourite Survival is Silent Hill 2).
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing. The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of **** But that happened cuz I
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing.
    The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of ****
    But that happened cuz I played it thinking I was gonna find a "Old School Resident Evil".
    Old School resident Evil is dead.
    Sad, but true.
    I like people to give bad reviews to this game, cuz maybe CAPCOM will see that people wants Survival.
    But I can't say a game is bad if it isn't.
    I am one of those persons who thinks that "The Original Rsident Evil style is dead".
    And I must say RE6 is a great game.
    Yes, is not a classic RE...
    But I don't expect a classic RE.
    I expect a great game.
    And that's what I found.
    It's not a game of 10.
    It's a game of 9.
    Not a good "Classic RE", but the best "New Generation RE" and a great game.
  23. Oct 5, 2012
    Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Ada. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario.
  24. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) is pleased to announce that worldwide initial shipments of "Resident Evil 6", the latest addition to the "Resident Evil" franchise, for "PlayStation® 3" and Xbox 360® have surpassed 4.5 million.

25. Oct 5, 2012

"Resident Evil" is a series of survival-horror games in which players use weapons and other items in order to escape from zombies. One of Capcom's best-known game series, "Resident Evil" has recorded cumulative sales of more than 50 million units* since the first title was released in 1996. These sales figures demonstrate that "Resident Evil" is just as popular today as it was 15 years ago when the first title made its debut.
  26. Oct 5, 2012
    "Resident Evil 6" takes the series to the next step with graphics that deliver even greater realism and power. The game features dramatic stories that bring together for the first time two major characters of the series: "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment.
  27. Oct 5, 2012
    There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported byThere are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported by extensive promotional activities worldwide, the initial shipment of this new game has reached 4.5 million, the highest ever for a Capcom game. Expand
  28. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom has for many years used its multi-platform strategy of developing titles across many game platforms to make its brands even more popular. In addition, Capcom uses the Single content multiple usage strategy to maximize the value of its content. By continuing to use these approaches, Capcom is determined to provide a diverse spectrum of game players worldwide with games that meetCapcom has for many years used its multi-platform strategy of developing titles across many game platforms to make its brands even more popular. In addition, Capcom uses the Single content multiple usage strategy to maximize the value of its content. By continuing to use these approaches, Capcom is determined to provide a diverse spectrum of game players worldwide with games that meet their highest expectations. Expand
  29. Oct 5, 2012
  30. Oct 5, 2012
  31. Oct 11, 2012
    Quando um produto vende bem, nao significa necessariamente que ele tenha qualidade maxima, mas significa que ele tem um publico fiel que o considera bom o suficiente a ponto de gastarem seu dinheiro com ele, e isso basta, pois se chama sucesso. Em time que esta ganhando nao se mexe, e sao as vendas que mostra a vitoria, assim como na franquia Call Of Duty. Se tem gente comprando, tem genteQuando um produto vende bem, nao significa necessariamente que ele tenha qualidade maxima, mas significa que ele tem um publico fiel que o considera bom o suficiente a ponto de gastarem seu dinheiro com ele, e isso basta, pois se chama sucesso. Em time que esta ganhando nao se mexe, e sao as vendas que mostra a vitoria, assim como na franquia Call Of Duty. Se tem gente comprando, tem gente gostando. Contra fatos nao ha argumentos, e nao sao os criticos especializados que fazem o sucesso de um produto e sim o seu publico, este mesmo que gasta seu dinheiro comprando. Expand
  32. Mar 20, 2013
    This game deserves a 7 or an 8, but it's getting a 10 because the user score for this game is ridiculous.

This game is a lot of fun if you take it on it's own terms. If you judge it based on expectations derived from past games, you will be disappointed. Having said that, I'm not sure it's the least bit reasonable to judge a product that is clearly intended as an action game, based on the type of game you wanted it to be. There is nothing more absurd, yet hundreds of reviews on here do just that. They do nothing, but complain about what it isn't and never actually judge what it is.

It is a solidly constructed action game with four completely unique play styles and a complex, well written story that manages to fit together well despite the extreme variety in locations and characters. The graphics are great, with only occasional frame rate issues, (primarily in the early chapters of the Leon campaign), the acting is great, and the game play is more often then not alot of fun.

The problem with this game is it's ambition. It tries too hard to be too many places at once. Not content with being an action game, it strives to be 4 action games a cover based shooter, a third person stealth game, a survival horror, and a run and gun, all in one. The results are mixed, but it's never as bad as most of the clowns in here want you to believe. The worst issue, the camera, was addressed months ago in a patch that lets you move it out. Before it was bad enough to detrimentally effect the game, but now it isn't an issue. The QTE's are obnoxious and the constant cut scenes can be distracting, but they are far from the game breaking issues people around here seem to think they are.

This game is fun. It isn't a survival horror game, but it is a good game. There are so many idiots on this site it is unbelievable. They play a game for 2 hours, decide they don't like it, and despite only playing approximately 5% of the game come on here and give it a score between a 0 and 5. These people are trash, total trash. Don't listen to the garbage they spew. When you have played the entire game, then you can rate the entire game.

Resident Evil 6 could have been better. In fact, if it wasn't so ambitious and the developers had instead focused on refining 1 or 2 gameplay types instead of 4, it may have been a better product. But as it is, it is a huge game (40 hours to complete all campaigns on Professional), with a lot to like.
  33. Oct 17, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 isn't the same genre as the first Resident Evil titles. Just accept it and rate this game a 10 for being the best coop-action-game of the year.
    Can't stop playing, the gameplay is just to awesome.
  34. Oct 27, 2012
    I've seen plenty of people voting this 0-4. Why? Because they have nothing better to do. "0mGZ, itz n0t az gud az RE4, itz n0t evn scurry. Thez iz da wurzt RE gam3 3VR." They hate the game because it's changed, when it really just added a little something for everyone. The campaign mode features 3 different character pairs, each with their own style of play. There's Leon/Helena, which isI've seen plenty of people voting this 0-4. Why? Because they have nothing better to do. "0mGZ, itz n0t az gud az RE4, itz n0t evn scurry. Thez iz da wurzt RE gam3 3VR." They hate the game because it's changed, when it really just added a little something for everyone. The campaign mode features 3 different character pairs, each with their own style of play. There's Leon/Helena, which is the RE that you know and love. Some puzzles, dark, and zombies, zombies, zombies. There's also Chris/Piers, which is more run-and-gun than the other two campaigns. Then there's Jake/Sherry, which is, as far as I've gotten, more about puzzles and simply not dying more than anything else. I've yet to unlock Ada's story.

To anyone saying that they should take out partners... One, there's a skill that stops your partner from helping you. Two, there's Ada's campaign, where you're alone. And finally, why would they? Games today are about connectivity - playing with others - and for good reason. Co-op and multiplayer adds so much replay value and overall fun. You think as many people would buy the next Battlefield, Call of Duty, or Assassin's Creed if they said there'd be no multiplayer?

Now that that's through, on to the actual game. This game is very well done. The graphics rival Final Fantasy's in-game graphics and overall mood and lighting of each campaign is fitting with each respective playstyle. The story was also crafted wonderfully. All three campaigns intertwine with each other in a magnificent manner, which leaves the player WANTING to complete all three stories. As far as controls go, I don't understand what all the hate is about. I found the controls to be much more intuitive than games in the past.
  35. Oct 3, 2012
    This entry in the series is much better than 5. Some much thrills, kills, scares, plus multiple player campaigns make RE5 look like a walk in the park, I personally loved it and the fact that REAL zombies are back makes me supper happy, True it is not with out its flaws but you can really tell capcom pour alot of hard work and money into it. So if you love a good horror game this one isThis entry in the series is much better than 5. Some much thrills, kills, scares, plus multiple player campaigns make RE5 look like a walk in the park, I personally loved it and the fact that REAL zombies are back makes me supper happy, True it is not with out its flaws but you can really tell capcom pour alot of hard work and money into it. So if you love a good horror game this one is for you. Besides you gotta play something scary until Dead Space 3 comes out! Expand
  36. Oct 8, 2012
    An epic action-game with it's own identity set in the world of Resident Evil. It features co-op just like Resident Evil 5 but they game works well to play it alone. The story is divided in 4 campaigns (one has to be unlocked) and the way they tell the story actually manages to get you sucked in. There is always something you want to shed light on in the story, questions that need answersAn epic action-game with it's own identity set in the world of Resident Evil. It features co-op just like Resident Evil 5 but they game works well to play it alone. The story is divided in 4 campaigns (one has to be unlocked) and the way they tell the story actually manages to get you sucked in. There is always something you want to shed light on in the story, questions that need answers etc, so you continue playing because of this. The bossfights are great and the J'avo are funny enemies. The zombies however, seem a bit uninspired and reminds you more of L4D rather than Resident Evil. The game isn't scary... except when it comes to one enemy IMO, the Raskaplanje, a regenerator-looking monster that is even more horrorfying to look at. Other than that, it is the action we have come to know from RE4, but improved. All the characters except Piers and Helena are interesting for fans that have followed the series a long time, as we have come to know them from several games before. Yeah, I really liked this game a lot. I've had some crazy fun moments with this game and I'm going to keep on playing it as there are still some stuff to look forward to. Expand
  37. Oct 7, 2012
    Oh, the people these days. Let's say they all are wrong. It all seems like people complaining about controls have their hands growing on their feet, the graphics haters are blind, and the bored just didn't play this. This one is awesome! C'mon people, get rid of your suffering about mechanic change. Action does fit RE. IF we kept walking the mansions for all this time, wouldn't we complainOh, the people these days. Let's say they all are wrong. It all seems like people complaining about controls have their hands growing on their feet, the graphics haters are blind, and the bored just didn't play this. This one is awesome! C'mon people, get rid of your suffering about mechanic change. Action does fit RE. IF we kept walking the mansions for all this time, wouldn't we complain that they change nothing? I personnally think this is an exceptional action game, and, perhaps, one of GOTYs. It's Resident Evil's best game ever since. It's action sequences are good to no end, packing in difficulty, blasts and fast-paced gameplay. Of course, it's nothing like the first four REs, but still, as game of 2012, it's perfect. Expand
  38. Oct 2, 2012
    RE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and othersRE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and others people would enjoy this game to me one of the bets game of the year along whit borderlands and max payne 3 dont be a hater this game is great and the effects MW3 troolls cant hurt a game thaht is good by its owns rights, and stop criying about its no more survival horror stop that makes look peolpe stupid the survival genre has died long time ago **** it died whit RE 3 and silent hill 3 asswhipes Expand
  39. Oct 5, 2012
    Resident Evil is a series that has seen a lot of changes over the years and has caught a ton of flak for making said changes. However, the fact that I see more than 2,500 negative reviews, most of which are 0's, for this Grade A title basically assures me that the majority of users posting scores haven't actually played the game and are being horribly blinded by the goggles of nostalgia.Resident Evil is a series that has seen a lot of changes over the years and has caught a ton of flak for making said changes. However, the fact that I see more than 2,500 negative reviews, most of which are 0's, for this Grade A title basically assures me that the majority of users posting scores haven't actually played the game and are being horribly blinded by the goggles of nostalgia.

This game is not survival horror, and it shouldn't have been truly expected to be so. There has been much footage of it and even two demos before its release, and it has always been leaning towards being an action title. However, as an action title it succeeds on every level. Capitalizing on Resident Evil's strongest points, the characters and plot, Capcom have crafted an enticing story to play through with excellent mechanics and interesting enemies. Several memorable set-pieces dot the campaigns as well as fantastic cut-scenes, not to mention the best voice acting the series has ever seen. As far as gameplay is concerned, the series has finally evolved to be competitive with modern third-person shooters by enabling walking and shooting as well as the ability to melee at will, but evolves beyond all other shooters with mechanics that are fresh on the gaming market. Sliding, spinning and shooting aren't necessary for the most part, but their inclusion is still innovative and positive all the same, and the controls, despite being hounded for being clunky, are actually intuitive and easy to learn.

Not all is good with the game, however. There are numerous vehicle segments, and only a couple of them are anything less than an abysmal wreck, with frequent moments of instantly dying due to something you couldn't have seen coming. Quick-Time Events (QTE's) are also numerous in this title, and though they're a nuisance they are also necessary. Unlocking a door via 'hacking' wouldn't be very tense if all you did was press a button once, so they are usually for necessity of tension and keeping you in the action as opposed to leaving the player to lackadaisically perform actions. However, if you don't like QTE's, you're going to want to play on Amateur, where they are automatically performed for you. The biggest flaw in the game outright, however, is the number of moments in which you can be instantaneously killed by something with no warning, such as a vehicle ramming into you out of nowhere or a bridge falling out from under you due to not running quite fast enough.

With the flaws taken into account, it's still a fantastic game which offers a ton of value. All of the campaigns will take roughly 22 hours to complete, and playing through some of the moments again just for the 'intersecting co-op' can be fun. Mercenaries mode returns as well to offer extra game time, though it is extraordinarily miffing that two of the six maps are unattainable at the start simply because they were pre-order bonuses specific to certain stores. Agent Hunt, which allows you to become a creature in a player's campaign and attempt to slay them, is an interesting addition that, while it probably won't be the most popular mode, is still a fun diversion all the same. Taking all things into account, the game deserves an 8 out of 10. However, due to the sheer number of banal '0' reviews, it gets a 10 to help it out.
  40. Oct 4, 2012
    i have this game and i'd give it an 8.5, great graphics, control solid, its a shame people giving this such low scores, prob same people who watch reality tv or cooking shows or listen to kanye west, this game is good as uncharted 3 enjoyed it as much, yea zombies and boss battles are awesome, they are as gruetesque as a pop star the night of the grammys
  41. Dec 5, 2012
    Obviously if you were a big fan of this series from the beginning, you might say this game sucks because it's not a survival horror anymore. That is NOT a legitimate reason to dislike something, contrary to what many base their negative reviews on. If you like action games, then this game is great fun. I played the older games as well, but somehow I still find it in my heart to like thisObviously if you were a big fan of this series from the beginning, you might say this game sucks because it's not a survival horror anymore. That is NOT a legitimate reason to dislike something, contrary to what many base their negative reviews on. If you like action games, then this game is great fun. I played the older games as well, but somehow I still find it in my heart to like this game. Many have bias towards the original games, so judgement towards this game is clouded, and as a result the reception ultimately suffers much more than it should. Which is a shame. For what this game is, it's pretty good. It's really fun to shoot and kill zombies/j'avo, the sliding and diving is fun, the melee is really enjoyable, the cutscenes are great, the graphics are beautiful, the sound is good, the story is interesting, I find the quick time events to be intense and fun (contrary to how everyone else feels), the mercenaries is great fun with a friend, and the four campaigns makes for a lengthy game. Of course, there are some bad things. Such as the camera can be annoying when it forces the angle towards something on the screen (you'd know if you play it); the skill/perk system seems cool and fun at first, but after a while is kind of lame and boring; the menu interface is a little lackluster and somewhat unorganized; and finally, the game has a sort of lower replay value compared to RE5. I mean, I still got 36 hours out of this game, but there's nothing I'd really go back for besides playing with a friend. Overall though, this game is just fun. And it always comes down to that in my eyes.

I do not truly give this game a 10 though. I think it deserves a solid 8.75. I just felt like I had to do my part to outweigh this unjust user score, even though I probably did nothing to change it.
  42. Oct 8, 2012
    I thought it was pretty good. I don't really get all the hate. Sure, it has problems. So does everything else. Nobody's perfect. Does it really matter that the game had one or two features that you don't like, when in reality, you make up such a small part of their customer base? You don't really matter. They didn't make the game for you, they made the game for everyone. Just beI thought it was pretty good. I don't really get all the hate. Sure, it has problems. So does everything else. Nobody's perfect. Does it really matter that the game had one or two features that you don't like, when in reality, you make up such a small part of their customer base? You don't really matter. They didn't make the game for you, they made the game for everyone. Just be happy that they made it, period. They didn't have to, you know. Expand
  43. Oct 2, 2012
    Don't listen to the blind fanboys, this game sux hard, it look like a PSP game ported to HD consoles, the gameplay is awful, just look to THE LAST OF US and you will see a real sorvivor game, keep your money for a better games, if you buy it Crapcom will kill the next games, and RE7 will suck even harder than this mess;)
  44. Oct 2, 2012
    Its a evolution of the original resident evil series, but is a good game, just give it a try. Don't let this trolls scare to you, play the demo or go with a friend and try it.
  45. Oct 2, 2012
    Great game with loads of content. I was unsure of who to begin with and decided to go the easy route: Leon (whom I was anxious for), Chris (which at first seemed like a chore to play through), and then Jake (which I was unsure but open-minded about). It;s basically 2 and 1/2 games in one. Plus there is Mercenaries. Definitely worth buying for the story and for anybody interested in theGreat game with loads of content. I was unsure of who to begin with and decided to go the easy route: Leon (whom I was anxious for), Chris (which at first seemed like a chore to play through), and then Jake (which I was unsure but open-minded about). It;s basically 2 and 1/2 games in one. Plus there is Mercenaries. Definitely worth buying for the story and for anybody interested in the series with an open-mind. Enjoy the mysteries of Resident Evil once more, throughout 3 campaigns! Expand
  46. Oct 2, 2012
    I've played both demos and the actual game. I've followed the game's progress and seen plenty of reviews and all I can say is that the game is a top notch title. The reviews online have been all over the place. Great scores and low scores. Please, don't let that influence you. The best thing that I can tell you is to play the demo on Xbox Live or PSN. Find some reviews that break down theI've played both demos and the actual game. I've followed the game's progress and seen plenty of reviews and all I can say is that the game is a top notch title. The reviews online have been all over the place. Great scores and low scores. Please, don't let that influence you. The best thing that I can tell you is to play the demo on Xbox Live or PSN. Find some reviews that break down the goods and bads with the title. Go to a friend's house that has the game and try it. Then come to your own conclusion. Over 600 people worked on this game in a span of 3 years and it shows. Many people complain about it not being scary enough. Leon's campaign is a bit creepy, but the series has been changing throughout the years. That doesn't mean that the game is a bad game.

It has it's quirks, but the sheer number of gameplay hours, campaigns, modes, multiplayer, online options, ranking, co-op, story, etc. more than makes up for some of the quirks. No game is perfect and this game isn't, but in the end, it's a damn good game with replay value. Plus, you have plenty of in-game options to tweak it to your liking.

For example: Agent Hunt mode is a really cool mode idea: "In a nod to Demon's Souls, Agent Hunt lets players invade other Resident Evil 6 games. While some hapless player is trying to fight their way through the game's first campaign as Leon Kennedy or Helena Harper, you jump in, take control of a zombie or a dog and try to kill them. If they kill you, no problem! You spawn as another zombie, another dog or, well, some really nasty monsters with some crazy attack moves."

So, educate yourself first. Do your homework on the game if your skeptical and don't let anyone trolling/hating on this title bring you down. You have nothing to worry about, this game is a blast.
  47. Oct 2, 2012
    Dark Souls is the best game i ever played, i cant believe people are **** all over it. Leon is such a good character. So is chis. The old Dark Souls was better though, the one with clair, capcom needs to put her in another game.
  48. Oct 2, 2012
    All I have to say is that if user reviews state "Amazing Spiderman" as high as 70's, then none of the users have any idea what constitutes a good video game. Play the demo, try it out. I bought it this morning, and have been enjoying it so far. its not a 10 out of 10, but these negative reviews are ridiculous.
  49. Oct 8, 2012
    Stop freaking out and hitting zero. Seriously? A zero? No current gen game is that awful. This a vast improvement over RE5 and Operation Raccoon City. This a case of fanboys not getting their way.
  50. Oct 2, 2012
    These people giving scores lower than a 6 are just absolutely being haters. theres no reason for that. it's a good game. awesome graphics, and a fun time. nothing wrong with controls or anything. load screens seem to be the only real problem... i don't know what you people are talking about. i'm a huge fan of the series and this one ROCKS!
  51. Oct 2, 2012
    i really feel like RE6 is a mess, but at the same time i'm really enjoying it. it's not perfect in the slightest, but the trolling it's received is totally unjust, and sounds more like angry fanboy flaming than real reviewing. it is a fun game, it definitely isn't bad. it was just overly ambitious and wound up being a mishmash of so many things... and nothing like what it used to be... buti really feel like RE6 is a mess, but at the same time i'm really enjoying it. it's not perfect in the slightest, but the trolling it's received is totally unjust, and sounds more like angry fanboy flaming than real reviewing. it is a fun game, it definitely isn't bad. it was just overly ambitious and wound up being a mishmash of so many things... and nothing like what it used to be... but i still absolutely love it. Expand
  52. Oct 3, 2012
    If you are interested in this game based on it's actual merits, you should read this review. Honestly, I give this game an 8 but it needs the 10 to compete with the moronic trolls. If you like RE4 or 5, you probably like this one better. It brings back nearly everything that was good in those games as well as some homages to the original series: crawling zombies and multiple story lines.If you are interested in this game based on it's actual merits, you should read this review. Honestly, I give this game an 8 but it needs the 10 to compete with the moronic trolls. If you like RE4 or 5, you probably like this one better. It brings back nearly everything that was good in those games as well as some homages to the original series: crawling zombies and multiple story lines. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that they removed weapon upgrading, BUT they replaced it with a skill system.

For those that are complaining that it's not the same as the original games, of course it isn't. Resident Evil was about a group of supposed super cops who couldn't manage a headshot on a shambling zombie from 5 feet. The original games were on the incompetent end of the absurdity scale. This game puts them on the super-competent end. It's still silly but at least it's a silly that allows you to fail on your own lack of skill rather than on the STARS mind-bogglingly poor combat awareness.
  53. Oct 3, 2012
    Lore wise, this game is just simply awesome. You seriously didn't expect that Umbrella or what's left of it, just keeps failing at their tests to make the perfect super soldier did you? It's 2012, not 1996 and it's the sixth main instalment of the series, it just wasn't scary anymore. It's a good game, not the old survival horror type of game but more an all out biological war type. ILore wise, this game is just simply awesome. You seriously didn't expect that Umbrella or what's left of it, just keeps failing at their tests to make the perfect super soldier did you? It's 2012, not 1996 and it's the sixth main instalment of the series, it just wasn't scary anymore. It's a good game, not the old survival horror type of game but more an all out biological war type. I highly recommend. Expand
  54. Oct 3, 2012
    Dont let those trolls fool you, they havent play the game yet, and if they have its because they pirated it. Will you really listen to people who pirates games and makes the industry die slowly? please buy this game if you want the gaming world to survive another generation. This game is awesome, it beats resident evil 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, the only bad thing about its multiple campaign isDont let those trolls fool you, they havent play the game yet, and if they have its because they pirated it. Will you really listen to people who pirates games and makes the industry die slowly? please buy this game if you want the gaming world to survive another generation. This game is awesome, it beats resident evil 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, the only bad thing about its multiple campaign is that they all end. Dont listen to Tas el Kender, Dionisios21 or that **** **** of xiphias, this game rocks. Graphics: 10 the best looking game of our generation and Leon is too hot sound: 10 it sounds scary sometimes Gameplay: 10 its like RE 4 but with more explosions and characters can it be better? fun: 100000 in the end its what matters so stop trolling k? People are only butthurt because their sucky REmake and stupid control will never comeback. hahaha, accept gaming evolution already.(2) Expand
  55. Oct 3, 2012
    I am not rating this a 10. If there wasn't so many 0's by people who never even tried the game I would of rated it exactly what i think it should be. I am not a Resident Evil Fanboy. Even though I am old enough to have played all of them. Resident Evil was just never one of my top series. A lot these negative reviews are being done for nostalgic reasons and people are psychologicallyI am not rating this a 10. If there wasn't so many 0's by people who never even tried the game I would of rated it exactly what i think it should be. I am not a Resident Evil Fanboy. Even though I am old enough to have played all of them. Resident Evil was just never one of my top series. A lot these negative reviews are being done for nostalgic reasons and people are psychologically remembering the Resident Evil games of their childhood in a unrealistic light. The Playstation games were good games but by no means were they ever scary. Silent Hill trumped them when it came to scares. I challenge any of you to go back and play any of them and seriously tell me how they make you **** your pants in fear. Yes, they were survival. Yes, they had horror elements. But, by no means, were they ever scary. Most of us were children when they first came out and a lot of us it was our first introduction to the horror genre. Our brains have created a nostalgic trip and have created a shrine in our memories for what we once thought was scary. Going back to them recently i have came to realize that sometimes people hold things they remember enjoying as a kid, young teen, in way to high regard. If you haven't played the game. Do all of us a favor and quit your **** Do something productive, email Capcom directly. Tell them exactly why you don't like the game and do it in a civilized manor. I'd advise renting it or playing it first. Otherwise they would probably just laugh you off. I know some you feel like you need to fit in. Its cool to have hate. I think we get it. Nothing better then flaming stuff on the internet. Oh wait, maybe if you had a friends. Most of you are starting to sound like whiny children. No wonder you can't find G/f's. Now to the review. This is actually not so bad of a game. It has its faults. The nonsense deaths and the qte's and the placement of cut scenes do get a little annoying. But, for the most part the game is just like 4 and 5 which are far from being horrible games. Leon's campaign is stronger then Chris's or Jake's. With Jake's falling in between. Chris's is a little flawed on higher difficulties, with more of an emphasis on making you use a broken cover system. Its a little annoying trying to take cover from everything shooting at you when long ranged and short ranged j'avo intermingle to try to take you down together. But for the most part I concentrated on if I was having fun. And the game succeeded in that area. When you get past the qte's and the flaws the game plays like a mix of 4 and 5. Even though the camera did take me a little bit of time to get use to, once i did i really had no problem with it. If you want survival you should try playing on veteran or professional. You will quickly get your lack of bullets. Melee seems to be less of an option on the higher difficulties. The added strength of baddies, the less likely you would want to get close enough to any of them to take them on hand to hand. Yes, Resident Evil lost its way. I agree. But, i'm not crying about it. And by no means is this a horrible game. I was a tad bit disappointed but still came out of it having a lot of fun. 8.0 out of 10. Expand
  56. Oct 4, 2012
    Ho avuto la fortuna di poter giocare alla demo su Xbox 360 prima dell'uscita del gioco.
    Avrei dato una votazione bassa tipo 4.
    Fiducioso giorno 2 sono andato alla Fnac di Genova e ho preso a 69.99
  57. Oct 4, 2012
    Skip to last line if you want my opinion in a summarized form. Don't listen to other reviews from RE fan-boys saying that this is nothing like the others... it sux='(. The truth is this game is different than the others, but it isn't bad. "It is not scary"- truthfully none of the RE series is, they are creepy at points,but in Leon's campaign there are creepy points also. Also what is theSkip to last line if you want my opinion in a summarized form. Don't listen to other reviews from RE fan-boys saying that this is nothing like the others... it sux='(. The truth is this game is different than the others, but it isn't bad. "It is not scary"- truthfully none of the RE series is, they are creepy at points,but in Leon's campaign there are creepy points also. Also what is the problem with change, isn't that why Obama was voted president in the US? COD fan-boys **** how MW3 was no different than MW2, Infinity Ward needed change. RE6 has 3 campaigns to start with, leon- horror styled campaign, Chris- third person shooter, and Jake- I truly have no idea, bad ass mofo, maybe???? And a surprise campaign... but don't tell anyone, ssssshhhhhhhh. I say the game is worthwhile, but if you are feeling edgy about buying it now wait till the price drops, it is a fun game, but the community sucks. The camera is a little sketchy, but you can get used to it. I love different types of games, I am an adventurous type of person, shooters like COD/Battlefield, Horror like RE and Silent Hill, open world games like GTA and Saints Row, other genres like LA Noir and Red dead redemption. Oh my God, I played games that compete against each other, but I found them all to be fun, except MW3. Like I read in another review, people rate 0 because of the "Glory Daze," from the older Resident Evils, yes the others were amazing games, but because this one is different doesn't mean it sucks. It is sort of like racism for a game, it also reminds me of Frankenstein, strange "monster" in a town that goes crazy when they see him. I am a gigantic RE fan, since the first Resident Evil, and i approve this message=D. And sorry about the super long review... I talk a lot=). It's a great game and I recommend it, it has a few problems, but what game doesn't? Expand
  58. Oct 4, 2012
    I agree with the other guy, not a 10 but its fun as hell. Most of you aren't old enough to remember how bad the original RE games really were. The controls were the scariest part of the experience. If this wasn't an RE game it would have received high praise from critics. Stop being a bunch of whiny, sensitive, jaded and over privileged fanboys. I started with a Pong machine for cryingI agree with the other guy, not a 10 but its fun as hell. Most of you aren't old enough to remember how bad the original RE games really were. The controls were the scariest part of the experience. If this wasn't an RE game it would have received high praise from critics. Stop being a bunch of whiny, sensitive, jaded and over privileged fanboys. I started with a Pong machine for crying out loud. We have a great zombie game to play. Shut up and play it. Or don't. Just stop complaining. 9 out of 10. Suck it fanboy. Expand
  59. Oct 5, 2012
    "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a"Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported by extensive promotional activities worldwide, the initial shipment of this new game has reached 4.5 million Expand
  60. Oct 5, 2012
    unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality thatunprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Expand
  61. Oct 5, 2012
    People on here are dicks. Amazing controls and a great counter system. It's like Gears of War meets Assassin's Creed. Still haven't beat it, but that is because it has 4 completely different, very long campaigns on them. A great game but if you're not familiar with the Resident Evil storyline, you will be lost in the story. As always, Resident Evil delivers again.
  62. Oct 5, 2012
    the best resident evil ever,and ive played them all,ok its not perfect,but what game is?.the funny thing is that ive noticed is that a lot of the the 0 out of 10 scores were given by people on the day the game came out? funny that? u cant tell me they played the whole game all the way through in one day,if they did they must of enjoyed it to complete it in one day?
  63. Oct 5, 2012
    This game is really fun. Most fun I've had in awhile and I play many games. I'm very happy that I have ignored all the bad and poorly substantiated reviews. The game is not like its previous counterparts and this many reviewers basis for not liking it. I am a huge fan of Resident Evil 4 and although I would love to play another game like it, I am not going to hate RE6 for being different.This game is really fun. Most fun I've had in awhile and I play many games. I'm very happy that I have ignored all the bad and poorly substantiated reviews. The game is not like its previous counterparts and this many reviewers basis for not liking it. I am a huge fan of Resident Evil 4 and although I would love to play another game like it, I am not going to hate RE6 for being different. RE6 is like playing through an action packed zombie movie and I really dig the high production value. There are still many classic elements in the game that make it really feel like Resident Evil. I love it! Expand
  64. Oct 6, 2012
    First of all the new instalment of RE franchise is no longer the survival horror game - in fact the last RE with some horror atmosphere was the innovative RE4, whereas the fifth part of the series was already an action/co-op game. The latest RE has deepen this path. That is why it is totally understandable, that the people who were looking forward for slow/survival climate here, areFirst of all the new instalment of RE franchise is no longer the survival horror game - in fact the last RE with some horror atmosphere was the innovative RE4, whereas the fifth part of the series was already an action/co-op game. The latest RE has deepen this path. That is why it is totally understandable, that the people who were looking forward for slow/survival climate here, are disappointed and a lot will hate this game. On the other side I would recommend the new RE to all fans which felt with love with Resident after the 4th/5th instalments, as the new part has everything what a modern action TPS game should have - superb visuals, solid controls (which are as smoothly as never before in the franchise), back grounded by nice storytelling. There has been a lot of criticizm about annoying QTEs in this game - in fact it depends on your gameplay style, you can minimize these while keeping the distance from your foes (if you are a sharp shooter) / even though the QTEs are easy to handle for any gamer skilled with the pad (personally Ive enjoyed them); Overall as an action game with some horror background this game is definitely worth a 8.5/9.0 score, whereas due to many trolled scores, I am giving 10; Expand
  65. Oct 7, 2012
    Resident evil 6 is pretty good! I give it a 10 because its got me hooked. It's fun. Faster paced than the previous Resident evils ( it lets you shoot while walking!). Action is cinematic with a Michael bay flair. I want to play this game and see all the story lines. I think capcom is trying to give us something more exciting to maybe satisfy the "call of duty" fans and try to bring newResident evil 6 is pretty good! I give it a 10 because its got me hooked. It's fun. Faster paced than the previous Resident evils ( it lets you shoot while walking!). Action is cinematic with a Michael bay flair. I want to play this game and see all the story lines. I think capcom is trying to give us something more exciting to maybe satisfy the "call of duty" fans and try to bring new fans. Instead they pissed everybody off! People perhaps still want re1,2,or3? Re4 was good at the time it came out. Re5 felt like more of the same. Re6 in my opinion is good because it offers me something more streamlined. I don't really have time any more to search through mazes and puzzles. There's really not that many QTE like everyone is saying. It's only in the beginning, just trying to grab your attention. Not challenging? I guess try it on the hardest setting. More puzzles ? Try Ada's quest. You can play this game any way you want. Slow and search every corner or run and gun. Not scary enough? Jeez, whats scary now a days? people are filming accident scenes with their cell phones and putting videos on the internet with people getting decapitated! that's scary! Go watch those videos, nothing will scare you then. Give some slack to Capcom. Re6 is loads of fun and my kids like watching and even playing it too. I think people are too hard on this game. Don't believe the 0 ratings. These guys may have only played the first chapter and that's it probably. What did people expect from RE in this day and age where shooters are king and multiplayer has become the number one priority over single player mode. Give capcom more credit, there's some fun things in here: big action, co op team play, agent hunt mode shenanigans and hot babes with cleavage! I'm having a great time! I thought I wasn't going to like this game because I didn't care too much for re5, but I was pleasantly surprised. Expand
  66. Oct 8, 2012
    Very good game but I have to admit that Resident Evil has switched from survival-horror to action-adventure in 95%, which is with what most of the true Resident Evil fans are angry, including me, but the game leaving aside minor flaws, it's very good.
  67. Oct 8, 2012
    To all you butt hurt people that were expecting a RE 1/4 HD version in a modren jacket go F*** yourself ! if your hating this game for that reason your ignorant and just straight up stupid. I can agree on the fact that we (RE players from the 1st game) are not liking the direction this franchise is taking ATM. but with the old stript away your left with a great action horror game. I as aTo all you butt hurt people that were expecting a RE 1/4 HD version in a modren jacket go F*** yourself ! if your hating this game for that reason your ignorant and just straight up stupid. I can agree on the fact that we (RE players from the 1st game) are not liking the direction this franchise is taking ATM. but with the old stript away your left with a great action horror game. I as a true old school RE fan enjoyed playing this game from start to finish. the only thing that maybe was a bit of was the camera view at some points and that was it. all in all I would give this game a 7.8 out of 10 but because of all the blind people I'm forced to give it a 10. Expand
  68. Oct 9, 2012
    Giving this a 10 to counter balance the ridiculous reviews this seems to be getting. Just finished playing all the campaigns and the game is a solid "8". If Resident Evil never existed as a franchise, and this game came out as a fresh IP, the game would get stellar reviews. Anyone who is a fan of the original RE series have tainted a great experience. Great characters and story, enjoyableGiving this a 10 to counter balance the ridiculous reviews this seems to be getting. Just finished playing all the campaigns and the game is a solid "8". If Resident Evil never existed as a franchise, and this game came out as a fresh IP, the game would get stellar reviews. Anyone who is a fan of the original RE series have tainted a great experience. Great characters and story, enjoyable game-play, great graphics. Expand
  69. Oct 9, 2012
    I just don't understand the extremely negative reception to the game, this sixth installment to the series is a very enjoyable title to be played. The game is not as exaggeratingly broken as those who hated the game had stated; the camera though close is not awful, the set pieces are amazing and the story though convoluted is interesting. My complaints are the over use of quick time eventsI just don't understand the extremely negative reception to the game, this sixth installment to the series is a very enjoyable title to be played. The game is not as exaggeratingly broken as those who hated the game had stated; the camera though close is not awful, the set pieces are amazing and the story though convoluted is interesting. My complaints are the over use of quick time events to annoyingly escape from the zombie and boss grapple holds and the long-winded and repetitive boss fights towards the end of each campaign chapter. Finally, my last complaint is that Capcom once again stupidly reduced the split screen size similar to lost planet 2 splitscreen which makes the screen split too small to enjoy playing. Negatives aside, I personally enjoyed playing this game so far and found there were genuine horror- tension during the gameplay particularly during Leon's campaign and yes even in Chris's campaign when his squad wad slowly dying gruesomely around him. Overall, this game is one of the better action games released this year
    I do understand that this game has deviated significantly from its survival horror roots since I did play resident evil 1 and 4. So i will not strongly recommend this game to the series's fans. However, for those who are interested in the action genre mixed with diluted survival horror I suggest you should try this game out.
  70. Nov 10, 2012
    I loved the coop split-screen mode, it's way better than all the split-screen shooters out now, and the controls are much more smooth and easy to learn than ever, the haters can keep hating, I LOVED THE GAME!!
  71. Nov 6, 2012
    I love this game simply because it gives you OPTIONS. I LOVE options! Not only can I now play an amazing Leon campaign again (I LOVE RE4), but I also get a really awesome Chris campaign (which I thought the story was freaking outstanding, and I fail to see why everyone hates it [have you actually played it?]). Then to top it off, there's a whole new story with a really cool new characterI love this game simply because it gives you OPTIONS. I LOVE options! Not only can I now play an amazing Leon campaign again (I LOVE RE4), but I also get a really awesome Chris campaign (which I thought the story was freaking outstanding, and I fail to see why everyone hates it [have you actually played it?]). Then to top it off, there's a whole new story with a really cool new character (Jake)... Plus more if you beat the whole game! I bet you people who whine about this game would be a WHOLE LOT more pissed if they made it a strictly Chris campaign, where you get no options. That's why I'm happy; I get the best of all the worlds, and the way the stories are interwoven, I think is really awesome and made my jaw drop on more than one occasion to realize where I was and what I was looking at.

I appreciate the linearity because I think it delivers a better story, then if you had more of an open world type place. I think this is similar to an amazing blockbuster movie that you're playing. The sights and especially the sounds (if you have at least a decent home theater) are phenomenal. I love the characters, the stories, the connection, the co-op, the extras, the graphics, ESPECIALLY the sound, and pretty much everything else.

Get off your high horse and stop trying to drudge up the past and let the series evolve. It's people who don't know how to spot a good game like this that keep us playing the same games over and over and over. You people make it sound like you want Resident Evil to be like Call of Duty for the survival horror genre, where you keep getting a re-hash of the same garbage over and over again.

Me personally, I LOVE this game and I appreciate them evolving the series and leaving us with options!

Thank you Capcom, you rock! :D
  72. Nov 8, 2012
    Good step up from Resident Evil 5, you can actually move and shoot, but to me it still felt a lot like RE5, i guess people really weren't ready for a faster paced Resident Evil, but I've played everyone and thought this was a great addition to the series.
  73. Nov 24, 2012
    I have played most of this game already and I can tell you it gets a 10 in my opinion. I don't understand all the whining. Yes, there are some challenging parts and I'm guessing that's what made the haters not like this game. It is simply a masterpiece. The attention to detail is amazing and I have never played a game where I did so much jumping falling climbing running action actionI have played most of this game already and I can tell you it gets a 10 in my opinion. I don't understand all the whining. Yes, there are some challenging parts and I'm guessing that's what made the haters not like this game. It is simply a masterpiece. The attention to detail is amazing and I have never played a game where I did so much jumping falling climbing running action action action nonstop. The game actually makes me lose time and place and the phrase for that my friends is Total Immersion. If you don't like the quicktime events just play it on Amateur setting. Remember the word "easy" in Japanese translates to english as "Hard". But seriously, I love this game and will play it many times over and again. At the end of Chris' campaign I felt an odd emotion of regret over his partner's situation. Haven't felt like that in a while and haven't given a game a 10 since the first Turok game in the mid-90's. Buy it and enjoy. Expand
  74. Nov 28, 2012
    Awesome game really. In terms of storytelling its really Good, voice acting is good too. Not sure why there are so many negative reviews? People need to realise we cant go back to Resident evil 1-3, its just not possible. Get with the times people! 4 games in one!
  75. Dec 10, 2012
    The 0's on this game are completely ridiculous. I don't believe this is a perfect game this is just to counter all the exaggeration from fans of the series. I would put this game at about a 6 not terrible or amazing but decent. This is not the same survival horror it used to be it is a linear TPS with coop. I've played about 6 hours into it so far in coop with a friend and we are having aThe 0's on this game are completely ridiculous. I don't believe this is a perfect game this is just to counter all the exaggeration from fans of the series. I would put this game at about a 6 not terrible or amazing but decent. This is not the same survival horror it used to be it is a linear TPS with coop. I've played about 6 hours into it so far in coop with a friend and we are having a blast. So I admit i can't give an opinion on the single player and honestly I don't think i would want to do it. There is still some aspect of ammo conservation if you're playing on professional since the zombies don't always go down that easily. It also does create that feel of desperation if you're being swarmed by zombies and the feeling of teamwork when you have to help your partner when he/she gets caught. QTE I feel is more a matter of preference and i like it but many don't. QTE isn't all that prevalent in the game though since it's usually focused around bosses. In terms of controls and gameplay i don't see what everyone is making a big deal about. I manage to play the game just fine. My biggest gripe with the gameplay is the cutscenes are placed in very annoying spots. If their are zombies nearby and you enter a cutscene next thing you know they're right next to you. Graphics are average and a little good at best. I just wish people would rate the game on its merit and not simply as a comparison to what it was before. It's not a perfect game and it's definitely not what it was but it is not what many fans of the series make it out to be. Play a demo at least give it a chance to see if you enjoy it although i would advise you to bring a friend. Expand
  76. Dec 28, 2012
    I have only tried the DEMO version so far, but then again, it satisfied me more than the past games when I first played them. Resident Evil 6 is a totally new game that will entertain gamers even if they've never played a Resident Evil game before.
  77. Jan 23, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 right was not what everyone expected more now we have two important details to choose from, a note 4.7 for a game so famous? 4.7 re6 deserves as terror, more like action / adventure game and much more.
    must gather all the good points of the game as it is not possible that the game does not have any point to make it as good to earn at least a 6.0
  78. Jan 25, 2013
    The game is just great! I am very glad that it changed from a slow sadness, to active fun! The game has become more dynamic and lively. I am very pleased that Tsaptsom decided to make changes to the game, as they went to her only benefit! To all fans of zombies, I recommend!
  79. Feb 11, 2013
    Do not listen to any bad reviews about this game! From walking and shooting to quick shots this game has evolved into the most amazing resident evil game there is! It is great to play and the overall game play is very comfortable and enjoyable. The QTEs are understandable because it makes it realistic, if you get grabbed by a creature it's not just going to get off of you you have to workDo not listen to any bad reviews about this game! From walking and shooting to quick shots this game has evolved into the most amazing resident evil game there is! It is great to play and the overall game play is very comfortable and enjoyable. The QTEs are understandable because it makes it realistic, if you get grabbed by a creature it's not just going to get off of you you have to work for it! Gamers will never be happy if it changes too much they will complain and if it doesn't change enough they will cry for more change. This game is perfect i love every resident evil game and own almost every one and this is by far the best one and i am still playing it four months later and will keep playing it! Good job Capcom you guys are doing great! Expand
  80. Feb 25, 2013
    I don't get why people hate this game so much, theirs so many new things in this game, the shooting mechanics are awesome and so are the graphics. The gameplay is also pretty fun and so far I don't even want to put my controller down. So far I'm on Leon's campaign and I really like how they brought back regular zombies and also being able to walk and shoot it very well used as is rolling.I don't get why people hate this game so much, theirs so many new things in this game, the shooting mechanics are awesome and so are the graphics. The gameplay is also pretty fun and so far I don't even want to put my controller down. So far I'm on Leon's campaign and I really like how they brought back regular zombies and also being able to walk and shoot it very well used as is rolling. The combo system is also very well thought out. This game was well worth my money and I think capcom did a great job. The only thing I dot like about the game is te different campaigns, I would much rather prefer one whole campaign. Expand
  81. Feb 26, 2013
    I believe that Resident evil 6 was a AMAZING game, sure it isnt as scary as it used to be but i never found the game scary in the 1st place. i believe that the Tensity was the "Horror" all along because the originals were never scary, it was the tense of having limited ammo and the damn camera settings that made it scary not to mention how many bullets it takes to kill one zombie. i loveI believe that Resident evil 6 was a AMAZING game, sure it isnt as scary as it used to be but i never found the game scary in the 1st place. i believe that the Tensity was the "Horror" all along because the originals were never scary, it was the tense of having limited ammo and the damn camera settings that made it scary not to mention how many bullets it takes to kill one zombie. i love the way resident evil has evolved and when i play it, im so into the amazing story and i feel like a badass when it comes to the gameplay. ResidentEvil Fan Forever! Expand
  82. Mar 14, 2013
    I don't understand the negative reviews I have heard. This game is just amazing. The game controls are easy to pick up and the different campaigns add length to the game. Not only that but each of the campaigns has a different perspective of the story. So you may not understand what someone is talking about in one campaign, then it will make sense once you play a different one. By farI don't understand the negative reviews I have heard. This game is just amazing. The game controls are easy to pick up and the different campaigns add length to the game. Not only that but each of the campaigns has a different perspective of the story. So you may not understand what someone is talking about in one campaign, then it will make sense once you play a different one. By far though my favorite thing in the game is the counter system. If you time pressing the melee button correctly, you will counter attack an enemy. Just about every enemy in the game has attacks that you can counter. So master this and you will be nearly untouchable. This is especially fun in mercenaries. Being surrounded and enemies can't even hit you, once you're good at it. You can also play the campaign and the Mercenaries with a friend in couch co-op. My only complaint about the game is the cut scenes. during the game, it will stop and the camera will zoom in on a door or something to show you where you need to go or something of interest. During those moments you cannot move your character, but they can still be hit by enemy attacks at the beginning and end of the short video. This has caused so much unnecessary damage, so it does get annoying. But the gameplay and everything makes up for it so I can look past it. If you don't like action games then I can see why this game gets bad reviews. I have played all the previous Resident Evil titles and they are more horror based. Except for 4 and 5. 4 is a bit of a mix. I think change is always welcome. Don't want a series to get so repetitive that it gets boring. To me this is a very welcome change. Expand
  83. Mar 24, 2013
    I can't understand why such a game like this one gets this bad review in my opinion this one is very great action game and one of the best in the series....very smooth one.
  84. Apr 9, 2013
    If you have been following the RE storyline, this new installment increases the deep story driven series. The game deserves a ten because in the last two RE games capcom introduced the upgrade ability to guns and health. Along with purchase of weapons and some gear. In RE 6 You can find weapons along the way, more realistic I feel. And instead of upgrades you have skill points you use toIf you have been following the RE storyline, this new installment increases the deep story driven series. The game deserves a ten because in the last two RE games capcom introduced the upgrade ability to guns and health. Along with purchase of weapons and some gear. In RE 6 You can find weapons along the way, more realistic I feel. And instead of upgrades you have skill points you use to give yourself some perks and upgradable as well. This is a different step in RE that feels more like the originals becasue you have to find things to survive.

And another thing about survival. Alot of people are saying its not a survival horror game. I beat RE2 in under two hours once I new how to beat the game. So they were never really the peek around corner and walk with your gun drawn kind of game. They were puzzle games in the 90's and there horror/action now, with some puzzles. RE has not left there roots, just follow the story and you will understand. There are no plot holes in any of the games and transitions between games. The story is the reason why your not creeping around a police station or mansion by yourself anymore.
    The situation of bio terror has grown so big that if you didnt have action it wouldnt feel like theres a global threat.

Alot of people bash this game and they are just stupid because if they really have played the other games they would understand why the game play has changed. No one on here even talks about the story and how theres nothing wrong with it. Everyone just wants to put a fat 0 on here and hurt the franchise.

The game is very long the first time through as well so be prepared. Auto save feature alows you to stop at certain points. My only issue with the game is the new inventory screen. There is no pause button so the journey never stops while playing, and due to the scrolling inventory system it makes it hard to put together meds quickly to heal yourself.

Resident Evil 6 blew me away with stunning cutscenes and a few parts made me jump just like in RE2. I am 24 and not a 13 year old writing this so take into account I know what I am talking about. I started playing RE since the begining and have no intensions on stopping. There is a reason my tag is FinalEvil. RE1337RE
  85. Apr 27, 2013
    A Master Piece i loved it toma tiempo acostumbrate a la camara despues de eso te das cuenta que era un cambio necesario graficas muy buenas musica historia... en fin lo recomiendo ampliamente
  86. May 17, 2013
    I give this game a 10 to compensate the 0-votings honestly, a 0-rating? For me its a solid 8-9! I always make my own opinion, and iam glad that i looked into re6, because otherwise i had missed a brilliant and fun game! You have stunning graphics, good sound, very good animated zombies, some zombie-minibosses, lots of weapons and tons of content!

Sure, its not the classic-re anymore,

Sure, its not the classic-re anymore, but i think re6 is a very good resident evil anyway!
  87. Jun 3, 2013
    Lost Planet 2 & Rezi 6 are two of the best out there. If you enjoy Co-Op gaming as much as we do then get into System link co-op campaign games. You'll need 2 consoles, two screens and 2 copies of the game to play this thru with a buddy. Or two PC's.

Don't listen to most modern snobby gamers who love to wine & because they think they know what's good or right. They literally have no clue. Grab a friend and play thru this.

Check out 'Co-optimus' for more Lan System link co-op campaign games
  88. Oct 14, 2013
    I am currently four hours into the game but my brother and I had so much fun playing coop I can't contain my excitement. This is an awesome awesome game. The controls are responsive and it's skill based.

After years and years of fighting Zombies the character should be pros by now and that's the way it feels. Overall we love it.
  89. Jan 20, 2014
    I think this game was the best of all RE games compared to 5, this is a better version with better stories and many more, I think the 2 PLayer part of this game, like 5, is awesome since the truth is that I'm not good with horror games or movies and it would be really awesome to have this kind of game in future references >(IMPORTANT TIP[Please Don't Edit])< I think it would be better ifI think this game was the best of all RE games compared to 5, this is a better version with better stories and many more, I think the 2 PLayer part of this game, like 5, is awesome since the truth is that I'm not good with horror games or movies and it would be really awesome to have this kind of game in future references >(IMPORTANT TIP[Please Don't Edit])< I think it would be better if all RE games in the future would have 2 players. I know almost many fans of RE will hate this but, what do you think if there is a choice were the player who will play the game can pick if he/she want's the game to be with someone or not. Because in RE:Revelations i didn't like the fact that there are 2 characters but the AI doesn't help. Reason why i bought Revelations was because i thought it would be Excellent same as 6. But sadly that ruined my expectations (I'm still going to write a review for Revelations) So if someone here sees this and has a connection with Capcom or Nintendo please do send this on behalf of some of us

BTW= Loved the graphics of 6 and also how there were 3 different Story Lines. I also loved Revelations new graphics but the fact that i can't play 2 players or the AI doesn't help (Literally) Got me bad since i bought revelations cause i thought it would be fun, horrific, and had a lot of action
    Also Loved the part Jake and Sherry's Romance. I think it would be better if RE in the future would have romantic pairs like them (Jake and Sherry i mean)

Advanced thank's for reading this I'm not saying that RE:Revelations was a huge letdown cause infact i loved it just a little disappointed that i can't finish the game without someone beside me :(
  90. Mar 8, 2014
    Resident Evil is a very popular franchise and also a longevive one. I can truly say that Revelation and 6 broke the ice; the best until now, maybe better than 4, but I am not going to compare the latest games with a 10-years-old games.
    Resident Evil 6 impressed me and I think a lot of players. The story and the connectivity made me think about Capcom capacity and concept. The graphics are awesome, especially on PC. The gameplay is good polished, as it tests you everytime, giving you some decisions and something new at every story of that 4.
    The characters are cool and has different personalities. I like that everyone had its own role in the story and Ada made a lot of players asking: ,, Is she good or evil?"
    But no, I said, the graphics, characters, levels, story, gameplay and places are great.
    The thing I liked best and I hardly understood is that the story is following the same way as the first Resident Evil, 4 and also Raccoon city, which is great and a rare thing, as every new game in a series changes completely the story, but here no.
    So, it's a very good game, the best in RE franchise. So, I give it a 10
  91. Apr 16, 2014
    guys guys,, R.E 6 Was Based on all R.E movies so stop finding something else that you can't find,,
    R.E 1,2,3 was so way back 13 years ago so stop comparing old time to future,, move on guys,,
  92. Dec 17, 2012
    i really don't know why everybody hates this game so much. it's not a rehashing of the old games and that seems to be all people want. that's really boring. they took it to a new angle and it's interesting. it's not perfect but it's a good game.
  93. Oct 23, 2012
    I'll start by saying that i've never seen such an organised display of childish behaviour than i've seen when i look at a lot of these so-called 'reviews'!.. All you people that have tried to sabatage this games metascore with these 'zero' reviews should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.You make me embarassed to be a gamer right now,because whatever your issues are with the gameI'll start by saying that i've never seen such an organised display of childish behaviour than i've seen when i look at a lot of these so-called 'reviews'!.. All you people that have tried to sabatage this games metascore with these 'zero' reviews should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.You make me embarassed to be a gamer right now,because whatever your issues are with the game straying a bit from its roots(which i will get to later),does not make this a bad game in the least by default,& by giving this game these zeroes,you are not only undermiming a game that is actually pretty good & has had a lot of work put into it,but are discretiting the user reviews on the whole.People are supposed to be able to come here & trust our fellow gamers opinions & be able to use them as reference,but its nasty hate campaigns like this that make all that untrustworthy,& frankly a joke..
    Right,onto the game itself..
    Ok,unlike some on here,i am goin to be judging this as a game,& therefore not on what the game isn't,but what the game IS.. & what the game is,is an enjoyable,cinematic,highly polished,extremely long experience for this kind of game that has an extremely generous amount of content.By generous amount of content,i mean 4(yes 4)campaigns that 'each' equal the length of your average game nowadays such as Call of Duty,or even Dishonored,The Mercenaries mode & Agent Hunt mode,all playable in either single player or Co-Op.All this is on the disk,so make no mistake,this is a very generous package indeed.
    The overall story is split into 4 seperate campaigns that can be played in whatever order you prefer.These campaigns tell the story of the war against bioterrorism from 4 different 'viewpoints' if you like,4 different perspectives,which in my opinion,adds a lot of veriety to the game.These campaigns are Leon S Kennedy's,Chris Redfield's,Jake Muller's & Ada Wong's.

Leon's campaign is perhaps the closest in pace,tone & feel to the earlier Resident Evil games.It is slower paced & goes for tension,but for me reminds me of why the series needed to move on from those earlier titles in the series,as not a great deal actually happens until later on.Its still a campaign with some great moments though,& should(or should i say 'would have' satisfied those people who want a more classic Resident Evil experience,that is if they wernt so busy with their fingers in their ears,going la la la la la i'm not listening,la la la la la.. The campaign itself represents the investagive side of the events going on,as a special agent.

Chris's campaign represents the governments or Militarys if you like,reaction & response to the worldwide threat of bioterrorism,through the the eyes of a BSAA team,& as a result,is a faster paced experience than Leon's.Whie this is not obviously as close to the series roots,its still nontheless fun,epic & conveys the militarys response to the threats well enough.I must give special note to the acting,as i thought the acting of Chris & Piers were both very good,with Chris especially as he seems to genuinely care about his men.

Jake's campaign is from the perspective of someone who is caught up in the series of events that the game covers,& is primarily about survival to him & his companion.He doesn't know why he's involved,& i wont say why,for anyone that doesn't know.Its similarly paced to Chris's campaign,but with some slower sections for good measure,all the while having a theme of being persued for reasons he doesn't know..

Ada's campaign is from the perspective from 'the bad guy' for want of a better word.She's heavily involved in the bioterrorism thats currently plagueing the world in the game.It has some busy moments,but also some puzzle elements reminiscent of the older titles in the series.

I don't have the space here to go into Mercenaries & Agent Hunt modes,but as i say,all in all, a very generous package indeed,& this is why i just don't get the level of hate & apathy towards this game.. I do understand the concept that its not as close to the eatlier titles as some would like,but this is still a good game,& the marks that a lot have given this for the wrong or petty reasons is insulting frankly.At worst you have Leons campaign,a full length classic Resi experience with Zombies & tension,so whats the problem!? Personally,i think the franchise needed to move on.The story certainly has.The virus is a global threat now,so we cant be wandering back & forth through rooms for hours in a mansion in the woods,ferrying keys & bits of crests to open doors,literally useless Hand to hand & shooting at enemies that are offscreen! Thats was ok for its time,but do you really want to go back to all that now i know i don't.If Capcom hadn't chanded the formula,they'd rightly get criticised for not evolving,such as Activision with CoD,& when they do change,& bend over backwards to try to please all,they get this reaction?! One just cant help feeling,Capcom can't win these days..
  94. Sep 9, 2013
    Baffled by all the negative reviews for this game. You get several campaigns, all pretty long with different characters and playing styles. Online component is really good (mercenaries is a blast). The graphics are top notch and make you feel as though you're in a film, and the audio is also strong with a good music score in particular. Only downside is the quick time events break up theBaffled by all the negative reviews for this game. You get several campaigns, all pretty long with different characters and playing styles. Online component is really good (mercenaries is a blast). The graphics are top notch and make you feel as though you're in a film, and the audio is also strong with a good music score in particular. Only downside is the quick time events break up the pacing somewhat. An impressive game in so many ways I don't understand why people are slamming it so much. Expand
  95. Nov 11, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a game very doubtful to evaluate. The main problem was the bet Capcom just innovation. The staff cared so much that he forgot to innovate polishing in some points. Still, the game can be great.

- Visual: 8.8
      - Gameplay: 7.0
      - History: 9.2
      - Audio: 8.4
      - Fun: 9.8

- Final Rating: 9.0
  96. Oct 3, 2012
    I don't understand all the hate. Resident Evil 6 is a great game that is far better than it's predecessor (Resident Evil 5) with great graphics, better and improved controls and is much more fun to play. It's my favourite since Resident Evil 4. I honest don't understand why all these trolls are attacking this game, I don't think there is much wrong with the game (apart from the cameraI don't understand all the hate. Resident Evil 6 is a great game that is far better than it's predecessor (Resident Evil 5) with great graphics, better and improved controls and is much more fun to play. It's my favourite since Resident Evil 4. I honest don't understand why all these trolls are attacking this game, I don't think there is much wrong with the game (apart from the camera work) and is actually really fun to play, much better than most mainstream games such as Call of Duty and other types. Don't let the trolls fool you, this is a great game and don't let them ruin the fun for you. Expand
  97. Oct 7, 2012
    I will like to say one thing to all the people who gave this game negative reviews and that is; what did you all expect. This is entirely every gamers fault who praised Resident Evil 4 for leading this series to this and any other series into its direction. We cant blame companies for adding certain aspects of a game like QTE, cutscenes,its linear gamestyle and gameplay mechanics to a gameI will like to say one thing to all the people who gave this game negative reviews and that is; what did you all expect. This is entirely every gamers fault who praised Resident Evil 4 for leading this series to this and any other series into its direction. We cant blame companies for adding certain aspects of a game like QTE, cutscenes,its linear gamestyle and gameplay mechanics to a game we like and adding there twist on it. I cant be mad at this game for that because that is what is expected of it. The fans are the ones that killed this series and the same is going to happen with Dead Space 3. As for my take on Resident Evil 6 well I have to say as a fan of the series and playing all the games this is by far the true sequel I was waiting for since playing Nemesis. I was not a fan of the sibling rivalries of the Redfields and Ashfords in Code Veronica. I was not a fan of the Gun Survivors or the outbreaks games. Resident Evil 4 was to me the worst of the franchise which didn't explain anything at all and was a complete detachment of the series. As for Resident Evil 5 well we have to blame Resident Evil 4 and Gears of War co-op for that and that.

My only gripe with the game was the amount of cutscenes this game had. Its something that's expected with games now especially ones made in Japan. This to me is the biggest problem with the game industry. I believe that these game developers need someone to advise them how much of this **** is needed and relevant in telling a story without sacrificing gameplay and also it helps decrease the games production value considerably. Its like they are confused in what they are trying to develop, a game or a movie.

The other thing was the wrestling combat. As for ammo I never had a problem since the first skill I bought was the increase item drop. Which to me made the most sense to pick up first. This game took all the best stuff from all the games and made it feel new. Zombies are back on fans demand and people still complain. There is a total of 4 campaigns and multiplayer elements which is alot of stuff on a PS3 disc. So I suggest buying this game because quite frankly as since the year began there really hasnt been any good games released so far. So I say give it a try you'll be surprised.
  98. Oct 8, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 follows in the footsteps of both 4 ( with 4 it has big shoes to fill) & 5 and does so brilliantly as it emulates the 4th's gritty setting and tension while keeping the 5th's lust for blood and guns it isn
  99. Oct 3, 2012
    I have read, re-read, and re-evaluated all of these reviews. And all I have to say is you need to think of it as a Resident Evil game, rather than an action game. And then it truly shines Yes it has different mechanics, yes it has its problems. But it still has that old school resident evil feel that we all know and love. Give it a try. I promise you won't be disappointed.
  100. Oct 12, 2012
    Resident Evil ha cambiado y es un juego super completo y entretenido... no te dejes llevar por los reviews... sin duda si eres un real fanatico de la franquicia te encantara.... no es un juego perfecto pero es de lo mejor que ha salido de la franquicia... tienes para todos los gustos
  101. Oct 4, 2012
    The
    This game does NOT deserve such low ratings!

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.