Resident Evil 6 Xbox 360

5.0

1. Oct 7, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 offers a variety of brand new fun changes and additions that make it different from others, but even though the game is very big, it still lacks to original formula many fans crave for.
  2. Jun 8, 2013
    Action horror. That's what this game is all about. It's not survival horror anymore. That's the thing: It lost its mystery and creativity. It's just a "KILL-DA-MONSTAH!!! Game". It's not original. But not everything is bad. The story (the videos in the game) are good. The campaigns are all related to each other and the graphics are excellent. Of course, Leon's campaign is the best oneAction horror. That's what this game is all about. It's not survival horror anymore. That's the thing: It lost its mystery and creativity. It's just a "KILL-DA-MONSTAH!!! Game". It's not original. But not everything is bad. The story (the videos in the game) are good. The campaigns are all related to each other and the graphics are excellent. Of course, Leon's campaign is the best one here, but the other ones are kind of worth playing too. I'd suggest you buying this only if you're not one of those fans who doesn't accept changes. If you're open to see a RE transition to action horror (like RE5), go ahead and buy it. Otherwise... keep out. Expand
  3. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a guy who likes to embrace change, especially change in video games. I love the first three Resident Evil games and Code Veronica X, but Resident Evil 4 blew my mind with its revolutionary gunplay and fantastic pacing. I still consider it one of the best games I've ever played. Resident Evil 5 didn't change things up much aside from providing players with a great co-op experience, butI'm a guy who likes to embrace change, especially change in video games. I love the first three Resident Evil games and Code Veronica X, but Resident Evil 4 blew my mind with its revolutionary gunplay and fantastic pacing. I still consider it one of the best games I've ever played. Resident Evil 5 didn't change things up much aside from providing players with a great co-op experience, but I still enjoyed the time I spent with it. As I learned more and more about the extreme modifications being made to the Resident Evil formula in the sixth game I admittedly got a little worried. Now that I've played the game my fears have been somewhat confirmed.

Resident Evil used to aim to frighten by taking it slow and doling out its surprises a little at a time. Now it's all about delivering thrills through bullets and explosions, which is fine in small doses. Unfortunately, Resident Evil 6 doesn't believe in doing anything small; it's the noisiest Resident Evil game yet. It seems as if something is blowing up every two minutes. The characters are always shouting something at each other, which is more annoying than helpful. No ammo was spared in the making of this game; it's all about guns, guns, guns. A large majority of the zombies even carry guns.

The franticness of the game becomes tiresome after a while, and the length doesn't help. It took me over 20 hours to complete Resident Evil 4 and I loved almost every second of it. I don't mind a long game as long as it's well-paced. The thing is, Resident Evil 6 isn't. It begins with a bang, literally, and never lets up, which is fine for a five-hour Call of Duty single-player campaign, but not for a game that lasts over 20 hours.

Also, the game lacks focus. Having three separate campaigns that revolve around three completely different central ideas is cool, but those ideas are implemented badly here. Chris Redfield's campaign is akin to a militaristic shooter and could very well be considered one if not for the strange enemies. As such, it contains the bulk of the game's set pieces and loudness and I grew weary of it after one chapter. Jake Muller is a really terrible character, but his campaign, which is obviously based on Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, is exciting
  4. Oct 7, 2012
    I really liked this game, with the exception of the overused QTE's each campaign has a different play style. and caters for different types of players. Merc mode is amazing, especially the music. Leon's campaign is especially good, it brings back the Zombies which haven't been seen since Code Veronica, and they can also use guns and armor which means you have to mix up the tactics toI really liked this game, with the exception of the overused QTE's each campaign has a different play style. and caters for different types of players. Merc mode is amazing, especially the music. Leon's campaign is especially good, it brings back the Zombies which haven't been seen since Code Veronica, and they can also use guns and armor which means you have to mix up the tactics to take them out, instead of just popping them in the head.

Pulling off special moves is very satisfying, especially Chris' as he can lift up and J'avo and throw them to the ground. Getting back to what I don't like, is the QTE's. I think they are way overused in this game, and in some cases especially near the end of Leon's campaign the QTE doesn't seem to register that I pressed the right button at the right time.

There were also several moments where you have to run from things, and these are also way overused, there is at least one section in each campaign (Minus the prelude) where you have to do an indina jones style run away.

Is this a bad game? No it's not, and it's a shame that the people who have it a Zero are just CoD/Gears Fanboys.

This game is a solid action game, it has some elements to it, and I am happy that most of the un-needed puzzles from past RE games are not present.

Another thing I do not like is that each campaign (Apart from Chris') just starts. Take Leon's campaign, how did the president end up being infected in the first place? In fact how did the whole thing start? The story is all over the place, but once you get the jist of it you'll understand.

As I said this is not a bad game, it's a decent action title, but I don't think it should have been part of the main series. It probably would have been better as a spin off like ORC was.
  5. Mar 8, 2016
    Even though Resident Evil 6 is another shark-jumping moment for the series as it divulges in action game cliches and features plenty of over-the-top moments, I thought this game was nothing but dumb and somewhat ambitious fun.
  6. Mar 16, 2013
    Yup..it's Ninja Gaiden 3 all over again..A renowned Japanese series decided to include 'Western style' influences with mixed results. Just to be clear, I am a big fan of Resident Evil, and after the excellent, RE Revelations on the 3DS, I was thinking that Capcom has finally fixed some of the series shortcomings. Instead, that game only sold around 500-600 thousand copy worldwide so far.Yup..it's Ninja Gaiden 3 all over again..A renowned Japanese series decided to include 'Western style' influences with mixed results. Just to be clear, I am a big fan of Resident Evil, and after the excellent, RE Revelations on the 3DS, I was thinking that Capcom has finally fixed some of the series shortcomings. Instead, that game only sold around 500-600 thousand copy worldwide so far. Hence, this ambitious, but scatter shot installment of this series, which felt an amalgamation of Uncharted and Gears of War, mixed in with a bit of Call of Duty. The game is long with 4 campaigns, and contains some excellent production values. But by simply throwing everything to the wall,and expecting something to stick, Capcom made the game unfocused. This is one of Capcom's biggest production ever, which is also its shortcomings. Campaigns felt like they were designed by different teams (NOTE: they were). Nevertheless, it is still an exciting game, with some memorable scenes. In my opinion, it is an improvement over RE 5, but a step down from REVELATIONS. If you want classic RE, get REVELATIONS for the 3DS Expand
  7. Oct 10, 2012
    I'll be honest and say that I've only completed Leon and Chris' campaigns at the moment (on Veteran so not sure how the game differs in other difficulties) but I believe the 15ish hours that I've put into the game has given me a pretty good idea of what the rest will be like. First of all, it's not a terrible game. It's far different than what people would have expected, yes, but it'sI'll be honest and say that I've only completed Leon and Chris' campaigns at the moment (on Veteran so not sure how the game differs in other difficulties) but I believe the 15ish hours that I've put into the game has given me a pretty good idea of what the rest will be like. First of all, it's not a terrible game. It's far different than what people would have expected, yes, but it's not a bad game. Many people are hating on the controls but I found that after a bit of time with them they felt natural and I was dodging and popping off headshots without much trouble. One big standout when in regards to gameplay is that RE6 has a MUCH greater emphasis on hand to hand combat. It's basically a necessity but I feel the implementation was done well and feels visceral. Level design and set pieces are hit or miss but generally get the job done. RE6 shines when it tries to get back to it's roots of survival horror and Leon's campaign has a number of great moments. Chris' campaign fell a bit more flat due to the repetitive nature of some of the gunfights and lack of tension during most of it (save one area where you're scrambling to retrieve keys in tight corridors while numerous monsters capable of 1-shotting you are wandering the halls). My assumption is that Jake's campaign will play more like Chris' and Ada's will be more like Leon's but ultimately the game has kept me engaged enough to want to see it all the way through. Despite it's flaws, it's very entertaining and worth a play but you may want to wait until the price drops. Expand
  8. Oct 2, 2012
    Firstly let's get the bad stuff out of the way. Resident evil 6 is not a survival horror. Those fans expecting edge of your seat, ammo conserving tension are not gonna be happy at all. This is as far a cry from the original 1992 game as you can get. Resident evil 6 is an action/shooter game with puzzle elements and a dash of exploration thrown in.

There I've said it. Now onto the nitty

There I've said it. Now onto the nitty gritty. I've decided to approach this game as a stand alone title instead of just whining on about how survival horror is dead and how the zombies carry guns and how great the past titles were. Let's face it people, like a c-virus infected entity, RE has has to adapt to survive. It has evolved into a game to appeal to the masses (or rather 4 games).

Therein lies it's biggest success and it's biggest failure. RE6 offers 4 completely different gameplay experiences. Whether you want classic (yet very diluted) RE game play of Leon's campaign, straight up action scooter of Chris', Action hand to hand running (always running) adventures of jake's or even puzzle solving of Ada's then RE6 is your go to guy. The problem is that it doesn't ever really excel at any one of the styles of play. Leon's campaign is hindered by just too many QTEs and it at times extremely dark in places. This is to help create tension but at times you find yourself walking into a zombie you just couldn't see standing in front of you. Chris' all out shooter game play is OK in small doses but quickly get's dull for anyone who isn't a big fan of the GOW style offerings.

Jake's is just a bit of a mish-mash of styles with a massive amount of QTEs and lost of running and jumping. All of which aren't really done that well.

Ada's campaign feels like a bit of an afterthought with simple puzzles and a severe lack of Co-op.

Which leads nicely onto Co-op. I've yet to really test out online but I'm a big fan of RE6's offline split screen campaign. The game gives a really good account of itself when you're blasting away alongside a buddy. Much like Borderland's RE6 is a must play from a co-op perspective. RE6 had a huge workforce working on many different aspects of the game and this really shows in the final product. It feels just a bit mashed together with many elements that work and many that don't all being tagged together to make what is a real behemoth of a game that never really hit the heights it so very nearly threatens to. This game feels more like a mutated experiment by Capcom just to see what they can do with 4-5 different genres. So if you like action/adventure/shooter/platformer/slight horror/puzzler games then why shell out for 4 different titles when RE6 does the job of all 4... just not that well.
  9. Oct 4, 2012
    This is not the Resident Evil I've been waiting for. And that's sad. I really thought that after the amazing Revelations on the 3DS they finally turned back to their origins... but they are not. RE6 story is a mess, too many QTE and even the campaign's beginning is bad rendered. Not a general introduction? How did Sherry and Jake meet? Leon's suddenly there at the right moment? What was heThis is not the Resident Evil I've been waiting for. And that's sad. I really thought that after the amazing Revelations on the 3DS they finally turned back to their origins... but they are not. RE6 story is a mess, too many QTE and even the campaign's beginning is bad rendered. Not a general introduction? How did Sherry and Jake meet? Leon's suddenly there at the right moment? What was he doing there? If the president was zombified, how has that happened? Hasn't he got bodyguards? Leon was there right? Why isn't he a zombie? Chris's scenery has too much action, and not even the good one. Only positive things is the graphic/atmosphere (especially in Leon's campaign) and maybe some of the online modes... Why can't they just follow RE: Revelations path? That was the good way :( Expand
  10. Oct 4, 2012
    The fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vsThe fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vs Capcom. All of it. I've been a fan of Capcom for like, 20 years ever since I was a little kid with my NES and SNES. As somebody who is actually playing this game and giving it a real chance, there are no words. Resident Evil fans are delusional. It has NEVER been the scariest game series out there, all it ever did was help make the style popular. The Resident Evil series has working its way toward this for a decade. Resident Evil has been gradually more and more similar to a blockbuster action movie ever since the second game. You people honestly think starting the game by crashing a car into a giant fire pit is frightening? You think the gigantic bosses, rocket launchers and explosions are the sign of a game that's trying to frighten you? Resident Evil would have gone this way sooner if technology had allowed it. Capcom tried to make a pure action game with Dino Crisis 2. They quickly learned the PS1 wasn't capable of it and kept making traditional Resident Evil games. As soon as the PS2 came out one of the first games the company released was Devil May Cry. That game was ORIGINALLY going to be Resident Evil 4, but became its own series. After that we got Resident Evil 4 as we know it today, and it's an action game. Fans need to stop crying and believing they're being betrayed. If you want a "true" Resident Evil experience the only one that exists is the original from 1996. This is a solid and extremely long action game with amazing graphics, cool environments and decent 3rd person shooting gameplay. It's also one of the only decent games out there that allows 2 player split screen, and there will be a lot of people who love it for the sake of being able to play with their friends. I'm only sad that the Resident Evil series doesn't feature any kind of puzzles anymore, but I'm also smart enough to realize that if I want that I have the older games to play. I still play the original from time to time. I know how to appreciate what I already have. I'd give this game a 7 out of 10 myself. Because I can use my brain. Thank you. Expand
  11. Oct 17, 2012
    It truly is a better game than many critics and rabid fans have labeled it. While it's not the most original installment in the series, it truly gives the fans a little bit of everything. This may be preferable by some, but likely not by the majority who would rather have the game focused in one major area.
  12. Oct 5, 2012
    I'll begin my saying yes I am a diehard fan, and yes I am overall disappointed with this game as I felt Capcom should stop trying to attract the attention of the 3rd person shooter market where it has stiff competition with the likes of Gears of War and to be honest, it isnt going to better them. Instead it should be staying true to real fans of the series who are the reason it is such aI'll begin my saying yes I am a diehard fan, and yes I am overall disappointed with this game as I felt Capcom should stop trying to attract the attention of the 3rd person shooter market where it has stiff competition with the likes of Gears of War and to be honest, it isnt going to better them. Instead it should be staying true to real fans of the series who are the reason it is such a successful franchise. That being said I think this game is getting a very undeserved bad rap. On the whole, this game isnt bad. I was so worried after playing the demo that I almost didnt buy the game, but perhaps it was because of such low expectations that I found myself pleasantly surprised when I launched Leon's campaign. While technically not horror, this is as close as we have been for some time. Locations are dark, atmospheric and dank. Lighting is used to excellent effect, especially at one point when you find yourself in an underground tube station. Also the primary enemy here is zombies, and lots of them. I thought after playing the demo that melee combat was cheesy but Ive actually grown fond of it. Some of the finishing moves you can use to down zombies are especially satisfying, particularly one involving a broken glass bottle.

Granted as many people have said, the game is filled with annoying QTE's, awkward camera shifts and moment of just pure stupidity when the game decides that unless you are psychic, you are going to die. These marr the game somewhat, but I have been able to overlook them for the most part. The story crossovers, although having only seen one involving Sherry and Leon, are interesting to say the least, and it was particularly nostalgic to witness the chemistry between the two carrying over from RE2.

As I havent played any of the other scenarios, and considering what I have read about Chris', I dont really want to, I wont talk any further. Other than to say this game is nowhere near as bad people make out, but also not what i hoped it would be.

On another note, Nichtswisser is a total idiot. He mentions that this game is a poor mans CoD but if he had played CoD2 or 4 he would know that today's CoD is itself a poor man's CoD....or an uneducated mans Battlefield. He also states that this game steals ideas from RE6...but you only have to go back to 2006 when the original GoW borrowed heavily from the fantastic RE4, and I use the term borrowed not stolen because the developers at Epic even acknowledged RE4 as a huge inspiration for their game. Also, how many metaphors does a review need?

I will finish saying only this: BRING CLARE REDFIELD BACK FFS!
  13. Oct 6, 2012
    Is the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offerIs the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offer completely different gameplay styles. We have Agent Hunt mode, mercenaries, co-op (up to four players) along with the standard changes to game mechanics, graphics and story. When you throw it all together, you end up with a game that bit off more than it could chew. Agent Hunt mode is generally short and unsatisfying. The four player coop depends on almost astronomical odds to actually happen. The four campaigns offer varying degrees of success. With all that being said, I still find myself enjoying the game. It offers one of the best story lines in the series, the computer AI has been improved from Resident Evil 5, and the gunplay is still very solid. The new character customization system offers players the chance to specialize in some unique and diverse ways. If you are looking for scary, the newest iteration will probably disappoint, but Resident Evil 5 wasn't that scary either. If you are looking for another standard Resident Evil game, you may not like it. RE6 takes a lot of risks, and doesn't necessarily get back an equal amount of reward. However, it is still a strong title and it makes me very excited for the future of this series. Expand
  14. Oct 9, 2012
    Trying to be fair to the game, here is a honest review. RE 6 is not a good game compared to RE4 and RE5 mainly because the story isn't as good because the campaigns are really short. 4 campaigns about half the length of the previous two games really bring down the quality of the game. The game plan fun though, bringing back the zombies makes the game fun to play and you will enjoyTrying to be fair to the game, here is a honest review. RE 6 is not a good game compared to RE4 and RE5 mainly because the story isn't as good because the campaigns are really short. 4 campaigns about half the length of the previous two games really bring down the quality of the game. The game plan fun though, bringing back the zombies makes the game fun to play and you will enjoy playing the game. I hope similar gameplay is available in the future games, but the campaigns need work, no more short campaigns could've made the game much better. I haven't played online, but the single player campaign gives you a lot of game play (20 hours). I understand the low user rating because this game is a slight disappointment, but RE and shooter fans will enjoy the game. Hopefully capcom stays away from the short campaigns in the future. Leon's campaign is the best so please give the game a chance and see what you think Expand
  15. Oct 10, 2012
    Yeah ok, we all got it: it's not the Resident Evil that we came to appreciate and love back in the 90s. I'd like the thinking people to get over the QQ of all the fanboys and actually give this game a try.
    Mind you, it's not the best game ever made, much less the best Resident Evil ever made: the controls take a while to get used to, especially if you still have your brain set on RE4-5, but it gets better after playing a bit. The whole story and atmosphere has moved from the horror genre to a more action packed game style, which is not really a problem, as the feel of your typical RE is still there. Everything is faster, easier, more on par with today's shooters (yes, you can finally STRAFE AND DODGE). If the AI partner in RE5 made you want to pull your own eyes out, this time the bot controlled partner is there but not really there: doesn't get in the way, has his/her own ammo, doesn't require healing, doesn't spam his/her healings on you, and is actually very helpful instead of being a pure pain in the butt.

Now, the bad sides of the game: the main menu is poor in design and really not intuitive. Playing a local co-op can be a very frustrating experience, both because it takes a while to figure out how to actually do it, and also because the local split-screen is a complete mess. To keep the aspect ratio, you're forced to play in two tiny little windows with tons of blank space on the sides and there's no way to fix it. You're given the opportunity to play with unlimited ammo on the get-go, and while it's completely optional, it made me think "Kids these days want everything handed over to them". There is a cover system in the game, like leaning on a wall and peeking out to shoot, but it's extremely sloppy and unresponsive: most of the times it doesn't work or it isn't necessary, since the zombies with a form of ranged attack are few in between. I'm guessing it'll be more useful if there's any form of player versus player, but considering how hard it is to make your character stick to a wall, I doubt this feature will be of any use.

Cutting the crap: I give this game a 7. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. I enjoy the characters, the skill system, the general feel of the game, the action. Don't listen to the people QQing and give it a try. All in all, it's a solid game.
  16. Nov 18, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a good arcade 3rd person shooter but not so much a survival horror as tries to be. Resident Evil series changed its roots into more of action placed shooter since the over the shoulder view point that Resident Evil 4 applied. Since then, the newer Resident Evil games seem to disappointed others leaving behind the horror feeling that many fans grew up with. Personally,Resident Evil 6 is a good arcade 3rd person shooter but not so much a survival horror as tries to be. Resident Evil series changed its roots into more of action placed shooter since the over the shoulder view point that Resident Evil 4 applied. Since then, the newer Resident Evil games seem to disappointed others leaving behind the horror feeling that many fans grew up with. Personally, Resident Evil 6 isn't so bad if your welling to pass on that Resident Evil 6 isn't a survival horror any more and decently right has an arcade shooter.

Resident Evil 6 has 3 main campaigns that differ in characters, few locations, and scenarios which they all play as an action 3rd person shooter. Leon's campaign comes close to feeling like a horror shooter(For half the campaign at lest), Chris's Campaign plays out like a military shooter facing infected mercenaries, and Jake's has a mix of both Leon's and Chris campaign while getting constantly chanced by a nemsis like creature. Each campaign is cooperative up to 2 players through out the campaign, each of those campaign last around 5 to 6 hours long. Friends or randoms can join your game while on session if you want the option to turn on for it.

The story branches out into an Zombie Outbreak in the U.S. and then into china caused by (you guessed it) Neo Umbrella and their gang of infected zombie like mercenaries called J'avo. Each campaign connects with one another revealing story bits you didn't know from campaign. I thought this worked pretty discovering the threat and the man behind the cause. As the characters from their campaigns try to resolve their problems, at points, they will meet up in the same location. If another couple in their play through is at that same part where both campaigns meet allows you to play along side them in a 4 player cooperative moment. After completing all 3 campaigns, another campaign(single player) opens up at the side of another character that see in the shadows(New update may have her unlocked instantly and adds as well co-op as well). She fills in some of the missing gaps of the story. Speaking of gaps, small plot holes are left empty and the villain doesn't have real good excuse for his doing.

Resident Evil 6 plays like a 3rd person shooter allowing you for the first in a RE game to move and shoot. You go in cover in fire fights which takes awhile to get used too and jump into the floor in a aiming position just avoid incoming hits. Melee attacks pack a real punch which kills your foes faster then bullets. Your only limited to Melee depending on how much stamina you balancing from small amount of ammo if played on the harder difficulties. The game tries to be a horror game limiting the amount of ammo but in my opinion, doesn't really work well. From the start of the peloge, your introduce into quick time events. As it does feel like a pain at first, it does add attention for some moments as like small mini games. Expect the whole game to be quick time events if your into those types of games. Going into this game, you may have to expect some boring moments before gets a little better. If you can deal with slow and repetitive moments, you may have another problem with the camera(New Update allows you adjust camera). This mainly due to the camera zooming into events that could somewhat blind you. Its alot worse when your in hallways and the camera has a hard time following you. Death can be cheap and out of no but this isn't too much of a big since death isn't too punishing. Despite being a co-op game, you can't trade with your partner. Weapons and ammo you find are for your self and stay with you in till you lose you delete your save data. I don't see my self going back into this game after completion. 2 other extra modes such as Mercenaries mode and Agent hunt mode Mercenaries mode is another horde like mode where you try to kill as many enemies as you can before time runs out. With out pre-orders or maybe a DLC, there are only 3 maps for mercenaries leaving out 3 others impossible to get with out buying the game 3 times from pre-orders or waiting for a DLC. Customs are unlock-able with their own load out but their not usable for the main campaign. Agent hunt mode allows you invade other couples in their game if they have the option turn on. Its fun for a little bit but its very limited with controls and you leave the players game after they leave the area or one of them die. Resident Evil 6 isn't that bad and can be very fun if you can deal passed with some of the poor moments and cheesy deaths. The game makes a good arcade 3rd person shooter but not so much a horror survival game. It tries to be a horror shooter but it doesn't work well and it slows the game down. For what its worth, I suggest you ether rent the game for the week or wait for a price drop.
  17. Dec 31, 2013
    Certamente não foi o melhor jogo da franquia, porém não foi o tão ruim, apesar de perder o o tom survivor mesmo assim um jogo divertido e cheio de ação.
  18. Nov 29, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is not bad after all,but i wanna survival horror not action! CAPCOM LISTEN THE FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Feb 17, 2013
    Aside from annoying QTE, this game should not be judged solely for it's lack in horror elements. Improving problems that were present in 5, the AI is enhanced, additional game play methods are fairly welcome, the soundtrack is enjoyable, and a story with four separate scenarios crossing over each other makes Resident Evil 6 one of the more interesting entries in the series.
  20. Apr 24, 2013
    This was my first Resident Evil game, I played through on easy, and had no expectations going in and it was a nice bit of fun. Kicking zombies in the face, shooting them, just get stuck into some zombie guts and don't take it too seriously.
  21. May 14, 2013
    Okay so let me start by saying yes I am a Resident evil fan boy. But! I will be completely honest in this review.
    So in RE6 theres 3 different campaigns plus Ada's if you beat the game but now you can just down load it or whatever each campaign crosses into each other and you can play it online with someone else so its pretty cool but it still doesn't help out in this review. I'm gonna go from bad to good in this so here I go.
    1. Jake's story.
    Okay so Jake is wesker's son and he's a mercenary thats got something in his blood that'll save the world and we find him in this place shooting up something I don't know. But along comes his partner Sherry Birkin from resident evil 2 she was a little kid back then now shes all grown up and hot and stuff. This campaign was bad let me just come out and say that it could've been more I feel like this one was made so say hey! Look blows up check this one out! Yeah NO! With repetitive boss battles and frustrating "melee" attacks and a dumb story line I was royally pissed off in the end of this story and glad that it was over when I finished this one.

2.Chris's story
    Okay so I'll say Chris's was decent compared to Jake's. okay so in this story its a few years after he killed wesker and went through the hell that was RE5 so now we see him drunk as in this European bar where we meet his partner Pierce Nivans who I'll say I really liked He's a bad ass I kind of like the relationship tey have its pretty cool this one I can say capcom actually tried in this seeing how its Chris Redfield and all but going on...in this the boss battles are pretty damn cool the action is fun and blows up! But theres NO ****ING HORROR ELEMENTS IN THIS!!! WTF capcom by far I was saddened by the ending but also happy with it.

1.Leon's story.
    Okay so Leon has come a long way we can all say that after kicking ass and practically becoming the face of resident evil in RE4 we now find our hero in washington D.C with a very hot Helena Harper whos like a secret service agent or something I don't remember. Anyway this campaign is a throw back to RE2 kind of. Not a whole lot of horror in this but theres not alot of action either his story is pretty epic like Chris's so its safe to say Leon's campaign saved this game from a pretty bad review from me. Also it has some cool little easter eggs I found so yeah haha I liked that. But in this you're trying to find out who attacked washington and also prevent another outbreak in Japan. Its pretty cool and fun too I just wish it would've had some horror in it all I found was one good jump scare in the bathroom and then that was it. But this one was my favorite though.

4. Adas story okay so in ads its more of a fill in the blank story its annoying and dumb thats all.

Collectively this game could've been more if they havn't tried to satisfy everybody and stayed true to if core. The moving while you shoot thing is okay but it just makes the camera all messed up and junk and it pissed me off alot as sometimes I'd find myself running into walls and end up getting killed. But I will say this all the stories are pretty cool. Lemme reframe that the story is pretty damn good.
    A damaged Chris Redfield a pissed off Leon and a kick ass jake. All add up to a good story but capcom falls short in this one so I'll give it a 7 its still a cool game but not the greatest. Hopefully capcom will revive the series some how. Maybe it will be with Revelations being ported or maybe Resident evil 7 but I'll be there to support my favorite franchise thats pissing me off but maybe just maybe they'll bring back that old resident evil feel.
  22. Nov 14, 2015
    Graphical good, cool characters, divided into chapters each around 40 minutes 1 hour 1 hour 30 minutes.
    Do not swear by that RE6 has almost not at elemneto survival horror but is a great action game
    Final note: 7.6
  23. Oct 4, 2012
    Most disappointing Resident Evil game in the series. Good graphics, enjoyable co op, bad Chris and Jake campaign, lack of horror (game made me laugh when I saw zombies with guns and CoD gameplay mechanics). Average game - definitely worse than Resident Evil 4 and 5. Not worth 59 $ in my opinion. Wait for the price cut!!!
  24. Oct 30, 2012
    I gotta say this game was very fun and very disappointing at the same time. Fun because I played split-screen co-op throughout the campaign with my brother, and enjoyed the story. But got very disappointed once I played Ada's campagin( which forces you to play single player) and realized how poor the game was. I didn't even make it through the first level of her campaign (that's how bad itI gotta say this game was very fun and very disappointing at the same time. Fun because I played split-screen co-op throughout the campaign with my brother, and enjoyed the story. But got very disappointed once I played Ada's campagin( which forces you to play single player) and realized how poor the game was. I didn't even make it through the first level of her campaign (that's how bad it was). Now the game has many flaws like the aiming in which the default aiming is broken but YOU HAVE TO SWITCH TO LASER SIGHT, IT'LL MAKE THE GAME MORE PLAYABLE. The deaths are also very cheap, and the camera angels are awkward and very off at times, in return also causing non-nonsensical deaths. Now all three campaigns are decent ( Leon's being my favorite) but very forgettable at the same time. I think this game would have been better received if Crapcom had given consumers a decent tutorial on how to use the changes they have made to the genre. Overall a decent game, but very disappointing, Woulda given it a 7, if it wasn't for Ada's campaign that left a bad taste in my mouth. If you have a weekend to spare, it won't hurt to play, but I wouldn't recommend buying this forgettable piece of Japanese trash. Expand
  25. Oct 24, 2012
    I haven't seen a game reviewed this poorly since The Expendables 2 Videogame! The game looks great, gives the player multiple experiences on one disc, enhances on the series, and is kick ass. What is going on here??? The story and the way it ties with each character is beyond good, it's great. The fear is not totally in your face but the feeling of isolation at points can be terrifying. DoI haven't seen a game reviewed this poorly since The Expendables 2 Videogame! The game looks great, gives the player multiple experiences on one disc, enhances on the series, and is kick ass. What is going on here??? The story and the way it ties with each character is beyond good, it's great. The fear is not totally in your face but the feeling of isolation at points can be terrifying. Do I like it more than a lot of games I have played... No. Do I recommend it to purchase... No. Do I think it deserves a 2 or a 4... Hell no. And if you think that it is worse than Operation Raccoon City... You should be put in a mental institution. I would love to read some thoughts from the haters and talk about what they think on the podcast, send me a tweet @LiquidPodcast so I can get your opinions out to my listeners. I'd like a healthy debate. And hear my full review with your comments on the show, http://liquidgamer.podbean.com Expand
  26. Oct 2, 2012
    Not Bad, just not exactly good. The Controls are a bit wonky, they can be very unresponsive at times. The need for a cover system slightly confuses me since you are fighting Zombies. It does offer some good fun moments. If you had to say which campaign was the best, I would have to say that Ada Wongs one is, because you are isolated and there are more puzzles, like old school ResidentNot Bad, just not exactly good. The Controls are a bit wonky, they can be very unresponsive at times. The need for a cover system slightly confuses me since you are fighting Zombies. It does offer some good fun moments. If you had to say which campaign was the best, I would have to say that Ada Wongs one is, because you are isolated and there are more puzzles, like old school Resident Evil. The Multiplayer modes are decent, but once again not great. The cutscenes are excellent though. One thing I do not understand is why Capcom does not go back to the Horror mechanics and gameplay. Thank goodness you can now move and shoot, but still we need horror. This is just way too different. I reckon if this was not a Resident Evil game I would have scored it higher, but since it is, I have to give it a 6. Dissapointing, I was really hoping for a return to the good. Expand
  27. Dec 22, 2012
    Don't be fooled by the trailer with the beginning of Leon's campaign, this is no longer a survival horror series. It's straight up 3rd person shooter. If you had any fun with RE5, you'll have some fun with this one as well. Chris's gun-centric campaign is downright awful though - the controls are still **** so you'll be constantly knocked on your ass by gunfire, taking several secondsDon't be fooled by the trailer with the beginning of Leon's campaign, this is no longer a survival horror series. It's straight up 3rd person shooter. If you had any fun with RE5, you'll have some fun with this one as well. Chris's gun-centric campaign is downright awful though - the controls are still **** so you'll be constantly knocked on your ass by gunfire, taking several seconds to get back up. Sometimes this will happen several times in a row and there is literally nothing you can do to stop it. Expand
  28. Oct 2, 2012
    This is the first time I have seen a metacritic score so incredibly, mind bogglingly low, that the only explanation is that there is a cult of people on facebook dedicated to getting their way into the Guinness book of world records. Seriously though, I played a bit of this game, it looks awesome, and while the quicktime pissed me off the zombie shooting is, well, zombie shooting. AndThis is the first time I have seen a metacritic score so incredibly, mind bogglingly low, that the only explanation is that there is a cult of people on facebook dedicated to getting their way into the Guinness book of world records. Seriously though, I played a bit of this game, it looks awesome, and while the quicktime pissed me off the zombie shooting is, well, zombie shooting. And the whole epic, macho zombie apocalypse atmosphere that the movies have done so well seems to have found its way into the game, and I can't say that's necessarily a bad thing. In fact, the main reason I didn't like it is I had no idea what was going on, because I have played none, yes none, of the other games. And for the record, I really hope that they work more of the Wizard of Oz into the RE franchise.
    And you only need to look as far as the usernames of some of the downvoters to see they are kinda sorta only messing with you. ResidentEvil992, Trololool, qwertyz.
  29. Oct 4, 2012
    Most complaints i see about this game deal with the fact that the genre shifts from horror to action, which I can agree with. That in itself shouldn't reflect on the score of the game, however I myself enjoy a good action game and I wasn't incredibly impressed. The new melee components are fairly sloppy and the save system is irritating. Every partner I've played with quit on me becauseMost complaints i see about this game deal with the fact that the genre shifts from horror to action, which I can agree with. That in itself shouldn't reflect on the score of the game, however I myself enjoy a good action game and I wasn't incredibly impressed. The new melee components are fairly sloppy and the save system is irritating. Every partner I've played with quit on me because they got bored, so I was forced to start over from the beginning of the chapter. This leads me to conclude that the co-op isn't as enjoyable as Resident Evil 5's. That said, they did a respectable job with the amount of content in the campaign as well as differentiating the types of enemies in game (although some of them seemed like something from left 4 dead). I may have given this game a better than average score, but I am legitimately disappointed. Expand
  30. Oct 2, 2012
    This is a game that everyone should play right now cause it is very good and made by a good company called capcom that makes great game always and everyone and enjoys them a lot so you should too and especially not hesitate now and instead buy this excellent game cause it has good reviews and good gameplay and i love the graphics that the game has much better than Resident Evil 5 which hadThis is a game that everyone should play right now cause it is very good and made by a good company called capcom that makes great game always and everyone and enjoys them a lot so you should too and especially not hesitate now and instead buy this excellent game cause it has good reviews and good gameplay and i love the graphics that the game has much better than Resident Evil 5 which had orange graphics. Expand
  31. Oct 2, 2012
    To start of with, the content is decent. Multiple campaigns and good long game play, which at some points can feel a little drawn out. Long chapters as well really boost the length of the game and move with good pace to ensure your not dungeon crawling through a subway system or desolate city. The game doesn't move much past the controls and dynamics of the previous release, with the sameTo start of with, the content is decent. Multiple campaigns and good long game play, which at some points can feel a little drawn out. Long chapters as well really boost the length of the game and move with good pace to ensure your not dungeon crawling through a subway system or desolate city. The game doesn't move much past the controls and dynamics of the previous release, with the same over the shoulder angle and computer controlled melee attacks. The melee attacks are a lot more rounded, however, and feel useful especially early in game. The gun and weapon effects are good and powerful; if you shoot the knee you notice the difference but could easily have been better.
    At one or two points stagnant zombies laying in wait for a timed event to happen are considered environment, only minutes later to come "to life", which seems a little peculiar and unrealistic especially if you've just unloaded a few rounds at them. If your familiar with the interface of the previous game your going to have to learn another one, but really boost the amount of equipment you can carry. Not complex but fiddly to start. If you a fan of the previous iteration then your not going to be disappointed and you may be used to the change if you played through the series.
    Bad points: Similar to the previous, some better AI and less mindless mindless zombies.
    Good points: A sense of completionist accomplishment, decent action and decent fun. You also get to shoot zombies in the face all under the name of Redfield.
  32. Oct 3, 2012
    Yes we understand that if game developers implemented every thing we the fans wanted the game itself might not turn out too great. However like resident evil 5 resident 6 made a huge left turn,turning a survival horror franchise into a non challenging linear game. Am I saying Resident evil 6 is a bad game no i just don't think the series deserves to call itself Resident Evil anymore
  33. Oct 8, 2012
    Alright, I get it. This is not the game you have been waiting and you are disappointed and in a huff, but it is way too childish and ridiculous to give this game a 0. The gameplay is weak (I only played Leon halfway), the lack of crowd control is a loss, the impact of the bullets on the zombies is less satisfying, IA is annoying, cutscenes intrusive ..., but this is a fully functionalAlright, I get it. This is not the game you have been waiting and you are disappointed and in a huff, but it is way too childish and ridiculous to give this game a 0. The gameplay is weak (I only played Leon halfway), the lack of crowd control is a loss, the impact of the bullets on the zombies is less satisfying, IA is annoying, cutscenes intrusive ..., but this is a fully functional game, completely playable and enjoyable by many who can be mislead by the ridiculous average user score this game is getting.
    RE 4 was also severely criticized and widely lampooned and with time it has come to be one of the most praised chapters in the franchise because it took years to the herd of narrow-minded nerds out there to realize that the mechanics of the game had changed. I just wonder if the new moves system and the new melee attack system aren't just a new change an that when we get to grips with it we will be having as much fun as we did with RE 4. With such narrow-minded bigots It may take years.
  34. Oct 9, 2012
    A decent but also flawed game. For what you get, well worth the money and way better than ORC for sure. I plan on playing this one for quite a while.
  35. Aug 15, 2013
    You know what's my opinion. I just bought RE 6 for the Xbox, back then RE series was a big deal. Resident evil 6 is my first game of Resident Evil game I bought. Capcom tried to make it the best, like that was there last game of the sleries. The game is not bad but not good. Leons campain was the best for the game but now for Chris the zombies got guns, it is trying to be like Gears ofYou know what's my opinion. I just bought RE 6 for the Xbox, back then RE series was a big deal. Resident evil 6 is my first game of Resident Evil game I bought. Capcom tried to make it the best, like that was there last game of the sleries. The game is not bad but not good. Leons campain was the best for the game but now for Chris the zombies got guns, it is trying to be like Gears of War, the game got sick graphic. The series meant to be action and horror. Now zombies shoot your ass. Ill rate this game 6 stars to me. Expand
  36. Dec 30, 2013
    I consider myself a fan of Resident Evil games and if you are nostalgic about the old Resident Evil, don't play this game, Leon campaign is really good by the way, it TRIES to be like the old school RE. Its an enjoyable game, again, specially Leon's campaign. Chris campaign is the worst, nothing special. Graphics are great and the co-op is fun. If you want to enjoy a Resident Evil gameI consider myself a fan of Resident Evil games and if you are nostalgic about the old Resident Evil, don't play this game, Leon campaign is really good by the way, it TRIES to be like the old school RE. Its an enjoyable game, again, specially Leon's campaign. Chris campaign is the worst, nothing special. Graphics are great and the co-op is fun. If you want to enjoy a Resident Evil game that feels a little bit more like the old school Resident Evil game, I recommend Resident Evil Revelations (even when it's all about mutants, not normal zombies) if they follow that path for the 7th game, it will be great.

Leon: 8/10
    Sherry: 5/10
    Chris: 4/10 (as game, Chris' levels are quite enjoyable; as Resident Evil game, those are quite horrible)
    Ada: 6/10
  37. Sep 30, 2014
    As a Resi game this is bad. Really bad. But if you look at it as an action game, it's actually quite good. The visuals are great and the gameplay is fluid, but it's simply not Resi anymore. I'm bordering my score between what I'd rate it as an action game and what I'd rate it as a Resi game, 8 and 4 respectively.
  38. Jun 5, 2015
    It's mediocre, but not awful. It does nothing great. The exposition is clunky, in that it barely comes through in the story. The game play is pretty fun, but that's about where it ends. Each character only gets certain weapons, and there is no upgrading or choice in the matter. They were trying to tell one big, epic story but ended up with 4 pretty bland ones. Like I said, it's mediocre,It's mediocre, but not awful. It does nothing great. The exposition is clunky, in that it barely comes through in the story. The game play is pretty fun, but that's about where it ends. Each character only gets certain weapons, and there is no upgrading or choice in the matter. They were trying to tell one big, epic story but ended up with 4 pretty bland ones. Like I said, it's mediocre, but it's not a 0. Expand
  39. Sep 15, 2014
    While ultimately Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game, it isn't quite the survival horror game it was marketed as. Featuring 4 campaigns, 2 of them feel more like a generic 3rd person shoot-em-up. The other two attempt to go the horror rout, but don't quite make the cut.

What really seems to have gone on here is that Capcom tried to include too much - writing 4 narratives and trying to include clever tie-ins between them, rather than investing in one fantastic campaign. They tried to revamp the combat and inventory systems, but failed miserably in doing so, making the combat controls clunky and overly complex, and turning your inventory into an overly complex slide system. It didn't really play like any Resident Evil before it. While Capcom clearly thought that fans would like the more fast paced style and new options for combat, we didn't

If you aren't already a fan of the series, start elsewhere. If you are a fan, you may find some level of joy in playing this game, at least to say that you made it through.
  40. Dec 15, 2014
    A good attempt at trying to pull off the mix of horror and action to please everyone, but just wasn't executed well. This story can be very over the top at times, which is normal for a Resident Evil game, but RE6 takes it to a new level. The co-op modes are fun, like the timed survival, but the campaign leaves a lot to be desired. The Leon campaign does feel familiar, and in my opinionA good attempt at trying to pull off the mix of horror and action to please everyone, but just wasn't executed well. This story can be very over the top at times, which is normal for a Resident Evil game, but RE6 takes it to a new level. The co-op modes are fun, like the timed survival, but the campaign leaves a lot to be desired. The Leon campaign does feel familiar, and in my opinion the best of the main three, but again it just gets to a point where the action takes over and is way too over the top. If it wasn't for the characters involved, this really wouldn't feel like a Resident Evil game at all. A decent game that can be fun to play at times, but doesn't hold up anywhere close to the series it is branching from. Expand
  41. Oct 2, 2012
    I am amazed. Amazed at how bad this game is. It's important to note that I have enjoyed all the previous Resident Evil games before this (meaning 1 through 5) and Resident Evil 4 is truly one of my absolute favorite games of all time. The good? The production values. The cut scenes, at times annoying, can be impressive to watch but can get very obnoxious to sit through when one isI am amazed. Amazed at how bad this game is. It's important to note that I have enjoyed all the previous Resident Evil games before this (meaning 1 through 5) and Resident Evil 4 is truly one of my absolute favorite games of all time. The good? The production values. The cut scenes, at times annoying, can be impressive to watch but can get very obnoxious to sit through when one is over and then you get to literally walk down a street for 10 feet and then have to sit through another one. This isn't a good game. And what's important to note is that Capcom made 7 million copies of this mess. So if you're at all interested in buying this game, just wait a few months, this game will drop in price quicker than any other. Expand
  42. Oct 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the perfect example of lots of good ideas being thrown together and compiled too quickly. Having 4 separate campaigns each with a unique feel is a good idea. Being forced to replay the exact same sequence in subsequent adventures and re-watching cutscenes is not. Four player co-op sounds great, but it only happens at those crossover events, so don't plan on playing with 3 friends from the beginning. The gunplay is improved, but now instead of action/horror we're playing a 3rd person shooter. The idea is to trade the fear, delicate planning and conservation of ammo, and puzzles for non-stop action and a thrilling story. While the action may be non-stop, the story isn't exactly compelling. It seems drawn from the same brilliant (sarcasm!) minds as the RE movies. To be fair the stories for past adventures weren't astounding, but if story was the focus, consider the ball dropped. And I find it strange that the producers have no problem converting Ada from thief to hero to villain over the course of the series, but seem to have a problem in displaying her in anything but red evening wear... even in a blizzard. (Note to producers: a female character can be sexy without slow motion graceful fighting or gratuitous cleavage). And they seem to be unable to show Chris in anything but a familiar green and gray uniform. Etc for the other familiars. As fans, we don't need the same costumes every time to know who the characters are. While I do applaud the "realism" of loading these professional agents with appropriate weapons from the get-go, that didn't need to take away from the classic loadout system and the occasional manifestation of a new and better weapon. Force me to use up my ammo and make the tough choice of holding on to an empty weapon in the hopes of finding more ammo and ditching my snipe rifle for the sure a less powerful .22 caliber pistol which I have a whole box of rounds. Further, why would you ever scrap the weapon upgrade system? And for a nearly useless skill system? There was a major opportunity for improvement missed. The quick time events were exciting and new in the RE:4, but now they seem to happen every 6 minutes. This means that in certain instances, instead of sitting back in accomplishment after beating a boss or reaching a major plot point, you have to be constantly ready in case someone attacks you in the middle of a monologue. At the very least Leon's segment felt familiar, but there was less searching, puzzle solving, and fearful tension than fighting off zombie after zombie with overpowered melee only to realize that I was going to have plenty of ammo coming. Chris' section was constant over the shoulder run and gunning where Chris keeps almost getting blown up. It was like playing Mass Effect 3 without the biotic powers. At least he finally meets Ada... Who is now insane. Jake's section is ridiculous. I'm firm in my belief that the "No Hope" tag line comes from the fact that the Ustanak is invincible. What hope does mankind have against that thing? Plus, I'm ok with shooting an occasional barrel such that it explodes, but is it necessary to fall back on this cliche for every overpowered enemy? I feel like RE:5 did a fair job at making these invincible boss fights varied. Maybe that's just comparatively. Still, there are improvements. Enemies are varied. Movement is better. Dodging, sliding, and taking cover are fun once you know what you're doing. Melee may see overpowered, but I enjoyed palming thrusting enemies end over end. Moreover, there are basically four separate stories. Huge amounts of game (with minimal repetition). Most of the game can be played with two players. Plus some set piece events are highly rewarding when you have a real live person covering your back. Mercenaries is back and even better with the new controls. If this were a new franchise, I would say it was a good first try. But coming off RE:5 which was decent, this feels lazy and as the scores indicate: insulting to longtime fans of the series. Expand
  43. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the most dissapointing game of 2012. This game isn't RE. Its Gears of Evilfield 6. Instead of fallowing the traditional RE formula, Capcom decides to spice things up a bit by adding QTE's to everything and dumbing down the gameplay. The game isn't even scary anymore once you know that you have a lot of guns and don't burn through ammo as much as RE4. I'm a huge RE fan and I quiteBy far the most dissapointing game of 2012. This game isn't RE. Its Gears of Evilfield 6. Instead of fallowing the traditional RE formula, Capcom decides to spice things up a bit by adding QTE's to everything and dumbing down the gameplay. The game isn't even scary anymore once you know that you have a lot of guns and don't burn through ammo as much as RE4. I'm a huge RE fan and I quite frankly see that Capcom is becoming the next Blizzard Entertainment. By the way, the gameplay is way to dull. Legit like 3/4 of this game is cut scenes while the other quarter is actual gameplay. It feels like i'm playing the sequal to Heavy Rain. They should probably call it Gears of Evil Rain 2. The cover system is broken as is the agent game mode. It's a big game with 4 campaigns and all but the only interesting campaign is Leon's and quite frankly it's where I had the most fun. There are some very memorable stuff in this campaign and it's the only plus that I can think of in this game besides the graphics and sounds which are great. The story overall is well written too for Leon's campaign. The other stories are all scattered and thats a shame. They all do end up making a likeable ending though. Leon's campaign would get an 8 from me and the rest of a game gets a 1. If you're a fan of RE like me,then be prepared to be let down. However, if you're a fan of Gears of War, then this game is for you. So long Capcom and RE. Its been fun. Expand
  44. Oct 3, 2012
    This game isn't so bad that it deserves such a low user score. However, it's still probably the worst game in the core Resident Evil series. There is no horror to be had here, and the gruesome elements such as disembodied monsters, blood leaking everywhere and slimy monsters don't really have the effect that they had years ago as we've all been desensitised by it over the years.

As for

As for the actual gameplay, it's very rigid, the characters are very one-dimensional (I feel no compassion for any of the characters and I feel no threat or fear from any of the enemies), and the quick-time events (QTEs) are almost as common as the ones you'd find in a game like Heavy Rain (and that game was JUST a bunch of QTEs). However it's still quite fun shooting your way through the levels, it's just a shame there is barely any atmosphere or interactivity. The graphics are disappointing. Some textures are downright ridiculous, and makes the game feel as if it was rushed. The game in general has an unfinished feel about it.

It's a shame, as Resident Evil 5 actually felt like it had some substance, you had more control over your abilities and there was actually a couple of reasons to wander off in the levels. Here, there is nothing like that. There are some abilities you can enhance your character with but to be honest it's not the same as being able to upgrade your weapons selectively. I'm sure you've already made your conclusion about the game already, but as a person who's played all of the core Resident Evil games since the first one on the Sega Saturn, I'd say it's a pretty good game in general, but as a Resident Evil fan I'm massively disappointed.
  45. Oct 5, 2012
    This is without a doubt the most disappointing game of 2012 I played Leon´s campaign and it was fine, the zombies are back, you see chaos around the city, and some of the environments are dark and lonely but the rest of the games it sucks. Chris campaign is horrible the enemies in his campaign are mutated SOLDIERS..... WHAT?! the literally turned RE into a mediocre version of GhostThis is without a doubt the most disappointing game of 2012 I played Leon´s campaign and it was fine, the zombies are back, you see chaos around the city, and some of the environments are dark and lonely but the rest of the games it sucks. Chris campaign is horrible the enemies in his campaign are mutated SOLDIERS..... WHAT?! the literally turned RE into a mediocre version of Ghost Recon with mutated soldiers that carry around machineguns and sniper rifle that campaign. is so boring and so repetitive it´s not even worth to play it for 5 minutes. Jake campaign does nothing special the enemies are the same mutated soldiers that appear in Chris campaign. This game was supposed to be the biggest RE of all but instead it turned out to be disappointing the only 2 good things about RE6 is Leon campaign and the mercenaries mode with zombies. If you want to play a good RE game that combines perfectly action and horror get RE, hell even RE revelations is better than this. Expand
  46. Mar 7, 2013
    Oh boy! Where did my Resident Evil go? Just throw RE 1, 2 and 3 in a pot and piss on it Capcom! RE4 was ok. Nothing great. RE5 was a warning of RE6 would become. A MESS! RE is not a fast action packed game. RE6 seems to be the next Call of Duty. After finishing the Leon's story, I realized that there at least 20 more hours to go, so I gave up. TRASH!
  47. Oct 2, 2012
    The game has really lost it's charm and what it once was, and it's okay for sequels to strive of their original style, the Resident Evil 5 direction was a bold one. Yet, it worked, maybe not flawlessly but it was acceptable. This is just a shooter with "zombies", I won't lie, it is quite disappointing. The gameplay is clunky and the graphics look like a step back for some odd reason.The game has really lost it's charm and what it once was, and it's okay for sequels to strive of their original style, the Resident Evil 5 direction was a bold one. Yet, it worked, maybe not flawlessly but it was acceptable. This is just a shooter with "zombies", I won't lie, it is quite disappointing. The gameplay is clunky and the graphics look like a step back for some odd reason. Pre-ordered it, got it, now I want to sell it Expand
  48. Oct 5, 2012
    Sigh...If you check those new reviewers who give RE6 a 10 at Oct. 5 named : RedLord, Jesus_Drake, Moongle Fan, Brazilian_Fan, Bono_Box, and Lopez_Show2. You will find out all 6 of them give the same score for same game on both game console. Then you get somebody named like triumphant 444 and triumphant 222. These reviews can only make RE6 looks good but can't fix RE6's problems on camera,Sigh...If you check those new reviewers who give RE6 a 10 at Oct. 5 named : RedLord, Jesus_Drake, Moongle Fan, Brazilian_Fan, Bono_Box, and Lopez_Show2. You will find out all 6 of them give the same score for same game on both game console. Then you get somebody named like triumphant 444 and triumphant 222. These reviews can only make RE6 looks good but can't fix RE6's problems on camera, menu, unbalanced combat system and too much QTEs. Yes, the game is kind of fun on the story line but you get to feel that pleasure after 20 hours. And before that, it's bad design is really annoying and you can see the factors from other action games, which can't make you feel excited to play this game Expand
  49. Feb 19, 2013
    Having played Resident Evil's 1-5 as well as some of the spin-off titles, I came to this game expecting to have a similarly enjoyable time. What I got was a sorry shambles of a game, with a fairly weak storyline, frustrating combat and some truly broken mechanics. The graphics are solid and the co-op option makes the game much more enjoyable to trawl through. Overall, Resident Evil 6 wasHaving played Resident Evil's 1-5 as well as some of the spin-off titles, I came to this game expecting to have a similarly enjoyable time. What I got was a sorry shambles of a game, with a fairly weak storyline, frustrating combat and some truly broken mechanics. The graphics are solid and the co-op option makes the game much more enjoyable to trawl through. Overall, Resident Evil 6 was very disappointing and I would only recommend it to those hardcore Resi fans who want to "complete" the series. Expand
  50. Oct 2, 2012
    I am not going to go into an extended review, I'll just say avoid this game like the plague it fails as a resident evil game and it fails as a stand alone game. If you have to absolutely have to play it wait till the price drops to avoid been burnt.
  51. Oct 2, 2012
    Huge letdown. I was expecting 5 and 4's lovechild, but I got a balls to the wall non stop testosterone action game that wasn't even a good action game at that. On top of all that, it's 30+ hours with all campaigns. No joke, each one is 8 hours. If you really want to try it out, just rent it. Save your money and wait for dishonered and other triple A title coming this year.
  52. Oct 7, 2012
    I'm begging you. Just give me a true sequel to Resident Evil 4 (one of my favorite games ever).

A resident evil game will always be compared against the pinical of the franchise. With a bar set so high, is Capcom too intimidated to make another game truly in the same genre? Why else would their games continually stray further from what their fans want?
  53. Oct 7, 2012
    I was excited for RE6, and it really let me down. It's way better than 5, but that's not saying too much. Leon's campaign was by far the best, but it failed to capture everything I loved about RE4. Overall I feel like the main problem is RE is stuck in the middle of two genres. It's trying to push toward being an action game, but still hangs on to some of its survival horror roots. ThisI was excited for RE6, and it really let me down. It's way better than 5, but that's not saying too much. Leon's campaign was by far the best, but it failed to capture everything I loved about RE4. Overall I feel like the main problem is RE is stuck in the middle of two genres. It's trying to push toward being an action game, but still hangs on to some of its survival horror roots. This just ends up being a disaster. I found a lot in Chris' campaign that I'd be faced with a ton of enemies, but ammo would be far too scarce for an action game.
    The story was heading in the right direction, but the endings left me dissatisfied. Overall the game was filled with problems: repetitive boss fights, low ammo, too many QTEs, and a few ridiculous story scenes. But that doesn't mean it isn't totally worth passing by. My recommendation: if you liked RE 4 and/or 5, play through the story with infinite ammo on, and just have some mindless fun and see the story, then finish up with some mercenaries. Otherwise, if you we're hoping for a survival horror game, just pass it by, and hope that Capcom learns from its mistakes.
  54. Oct 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I want to like it, I really do but I'm finding this game to be a chore to play....

To start this review I've loved nearly all RE Games, even loved RE5 (so that should give you an idea of how easily satisfied I can be). What this game lacks is that something..... something they call Gameplay, I'm not talking about physically being able to play a game, RE6 does not grab my attention, does not make me crave more, does not make me want to replay it several times over regardless of all the additional content they throw at it.

To give you an idea of what I mean this game just isn't well polished, the aiming and shooting system just feels sub-par to what was previous in the series.. and so far if I've ever been stuck in a situation I can than resort to kicking the cr*p out of anything. Theres just no satisfaction in it which to be completely honest I'm finding to be disappointing.
    The scares also feel so predictable, the Leon campaign which I had high hopes for started really well until you get to a certain elevator scene right near the start and than the atmosphere is lost on this game. The most common scare attempt is you will walk along a corridor and notice a body lying on the floor, as soon as you step right next to it it will than spring to life and grab you.. this happens a lot! The system is flawed in the respect that you can't even shoot it prior to walking near it in an attempt to wake it up. I won't hammer on about the QTE, they do become very tedious VERY quickly and the odd work of camera angles is a truth that cannot be ignored. The controls feel very odd and un-responsive at times in this game which is an annoying thing to come across where I find myself hammering the reload button in a vain attempt to reload.

That said there are things about this game that I do like, the storyline I think is excellent which thankfully the series has become renowned for. The voice acting is excellent which is seriously odd when you think of where it all began (ahem "Jill Sandwich") so it is nice that they did improve on this.
    I like the fact that they have encorporated so much into the story but this game needed a lot more time, you could tell they were on a deadline to have it completed and sadly the faults in this game are just too much to forgive.

If like me you are compelled to play this game than for your sake just rent it! It's certainly not worth the price tag... I'm giving it a 5/10 because the story is good, should have just made it a dvd!
  55. Oct 11, 2012
    The reviews up are just shredding this game. But to be honest, I can't fault them. I was there, saving up my $$$ for months just to buy a PS1 and play Resident Evil. I have been there from RE1 all the way till now. The only reason I even purchased a Dreamcast system was for RE: Code Veronica.

I see RE6 for rent and snap it up to take home. I put it in my Xbox 360 and played for 20 minutes. I put the controller down, put it back in the rental box and returned it. It was that horrifyingly stripped of everything Resident Evil used to be so long ago.

This is a generic action shooter with undead creatures roaming around that you can kill or melee to death. It is linear, which is everything that the old RE's never stood for. You could adventure and explore to your own peril if you so chose, and you would hopefully find a single box of 10 bullets or 1 round for a grenade launcher you didn't even have yet, which would only make you salivate to finally find that grenade launcher. None of this exists in this game.

If you are a new comer to the RE franchise, then welcome aboard. You'll love the game because you never tried the older ones that actually challenged you. If you are an old-school RE fan, then let this one slip past and fade into obscurity where it belongs.

I did not like anything about the game and how it started or kept going. It was boring and linear, and the QTE's (button pushing Quick Time Events) yank you right out of the game and don't allow you to even look up on the screen to see whatever the hell your character is doing during the cutscene. Dev's..? I'd actually like to WATCH the cutscene, instead of keeping my eyes focused on the bottom of the screen like I'm watching a subbed Jap anime. This game is a shallow shadow of it's former glory. Old-schoolers stay away, leave this game for the fluffy noobs that never knew how awesome RE used to be....

And for those thinking: "dude... this guy only played 20 minutes of the first chapter... wtf, how can he write a bad review... QQQ?"
    To answer: I've played countless games, and if it's fun I'll play it. If it sucks, then I stop playing after a little bit and return the rental. I fell asleep playing RE 5 and couldn't get past the linear boring play style of RE 6. Something has happened to this franchise.

I had more fun playing Mark of the Ninja (a new 2-D side scroller, put over 30 hrs+ into it), this game got on my last nerve in under 20 minutes...
  56. Oct 26, 2012
    Well, I have played the Leon and Jake campaigns and I am working on the Chris campaign at the moment. The Leon campaign, as many have said previously, is the best of the bunch. Granted I have not played the entire Chris campaign nor the Ada campaign but I base my opinion on my experience so far. The game is an okay TPS. There are WAY too many QTE's for any game. I like the ability toWell, I have played the Leon and Jake campaigns and I am working on the Chris campaign at the moment. The Leon campaign, as many have said previously, is the best of the bunch. Granted I have not played the entire Chris campaign nor the Ada campaign but I base my opinion on my experience so far. The game is an okay TPS. There are WAY too many QTE's for any game. I like the ability to move and shoot although this mechanic could be better, it still feels a little clunky. As a survival horror game this game fails utterly. Though since I don't think the designers really intended this to be survival horror I feel that assesing the game as a survival horror game isn't fair. Would I like it to be survival horror? Yes. I would like Capcom to "go back to basics" in terms of the genre and come up with a RE that harkens back to days of yore with the new move and shoot mechanics (a bit more polished though). I believe Capcom has stated there is no money in Survival Horror hence the switch to action with elements of horror. Based on the multiple reviews here I think they are wrong. It's my opinion so take it as you will.

I knew coming in this would not be the RE of years ago. I bought it for the continuation of the story. I rate it a 5/10 for that.
  57. Nov 25, 2012
    De bonnes idées mais malheureusement pas assez exploité. On sens bien que Capcom veut faire quelques chose de bien qui explose en tout point mais malheureusement c'est qualité qui prime au terme de la quantité. Le scénario est aussi bidon qu'un épisode de Derrick, les graphismes ne sont pas à la hauteur des espérances, le gameplay etDe bonnes idées mais malheureusement pas assez exploité. On sens bien que Capcom veut faire quelques chose de bien qui explose en tout point mais malheureusement c'est qualité qui prime au terme de la quantité. Le scénario est aussi bidon qu'un épisode de Derrick, les graphismes ne sont pas à la hauteur des espérances, le gameplay et le bestiaire sont les seule gros point fort du jeux. La campagne de Léon est à mourir d'ennuie durant les deux premières et dernières heures, les autre campagne sont totalement inutile. Si Capcom avait fait un Resident Evil ou l'on aurait seulement la campagne de Léo et 10 heures de jeux, personne n'aurait rien dit et la qualité serait présente largement car c'est bien plus facile de ce concentré sur 10 heures de jeux plutôt que 30 heures de jeux qui ne se répète pas et ou tout est cohérents. Bref, un jeux qui m'a beaucoup dessus et pourtant je n'en attendais pas forcément beaucoup mais ont fait avec se que l'on as et j'attend un futur Resident Evil pour la prochaine génération pour voir si Capcom peut redresser la barre bien basse de ces dix dernière années. Expand
  58. Aug 1, 2013
    I'm going to get straight to the point and try not to waste your time. If you are looking for an amazing survival horror game, go play Dead Space (the first one, 2-3 turned out to be just as big of a disappointment as RE5-6). Resident Evil 6 is a solid action game... Well... it would be... If there was anyone to play it with! There are basically no people to play this game with via xboxI'm going to get straight to the point and try not to waste your time. If you are looking for an amazing survival horror game, go play Dead Space (the first one, 2-3 turned out to be just as big of a disappointment as RE5-6). Resident Evil 6 is a solid action game... Well... it would be... If there was anyone to play it with! There are basically no people to play this game with via xbox live... which is kinda ridiculous; I mean, I have no interest at all in babysitting Helena on Professional difficulty, therefore, Re6 is a waste of money. Would it be good if there was anyone to play it with? Perhaps, for some people, but for those looking for a survival horror epic, this ain't it. GO PLAY DEAD SPACE! Expand
  59. Apr 25, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 can be summed up in one word: disgrace. A game that has literally no values other than it's functional to some extent, can give you and a buddy a laugh from how awful it is, length and a strong identity. Capcom decided to rape the worst possible John Woo flick with it's Resident Evil member. The product of this travesty is a game that tries to duplicate the randomness andResident Evil 6 can be summed up in one word: disgrace. A game that has literally no values other than it's functional to some extent, can give you and a buddy a laugh from how awful it is, length and a strong identity. Capcom decided to rape the worst possible John Woo flick with it's Resident Evil member. The product of this travesty is a game that tries to duplicate the randomness and "epicness" of Micheal Bay's CGI effects. Unfortunately, it doesn't even get that right at times. The fact that the game strays from the horror experience is in no way a negative, but the way in which it executes its new direction is painful. The game is, like I mentioned before, functional to some extent. The combat is completely off, the controls try to get your character killed at all times, and so does the epileptic camera. The game feels clunky, like it's made by a developer with no previous experience. The fighting system, though imaginative, is broken to the bone. Your character can execute rolls, dodges and melee combat is always an option. Still, the clunky controls mess up the experience whenever it starts growing on you. Still, the game has some redeeming qualities. Like any co-op game, it's simply fun to play with a buddy. The lengthy campaigns also feature some stand out moments that I personally had a blast playing through. By far the most memorable being the Gun Store siege in Leon's campaign and the Cave scene in Jake's campaign. In short summary, pretty solid and memorable popcorn entertainment in half decent graphics with terrible gameplay. 5/5 Expand
  60. May 30, 2013
    This game was disappointing, but I will give it some credit. In Leon's campaign, it did bring back a survival horror feel to the game with zombies and dark corridors, and I liked it a lot. I also liked the 3rd chapter in Chris's campaign where your squad is getting picked off one by one by a snake not on a plane. It adds tension Another thing I liked was Ada's campaign adding some prettyThis game was disappointing, but I will give it some credit. In Leon's campaign, it did bring back a survival horror feel to the game with zombies and dark corridors, and I liked it a lot. I also liked the 3rd chapter in Chris's campaign where your squad is getting picked off one by one by a snake not on a plane. It adds tension Another thing I liked was Ada's campaign adding some pretty challenging puzzles and nicely intertwined all 3 campaigns nicely. HOWEVER, this does not mean it was a great game. This game falls flat for trying to please fans of both parties. The fans who want it to be survival horror and does who prefer the action survival elements. And as a result it collapses in on itself. What killed tension and suspense is how much of a bad your character is. It doesn't matter who you're playing as, but you can easily dispatch enemies without a problem. If the opposition poses little to no threat, the tension is dissolved and it gets boring. There were times where the game clearly wanted you to run because of the overwhelming amount of enemies, but because it's so easy to kill them all and how much of a badass you are with unarmed combat, you can just stay there and whale on all the enemies. This is an ungraceful sequel that isn't as bad as other games I've played, but this is a stain on the Resident Evil franchise. Expand
  61. Apr 1, 2015
    It’s a “bleh” game and I would NOT recommend adding to your play list. You should not spend your time or money on if you consider either to be precious, but it’ll pass the time if you have nothing better to do.
  62. Jul 25, 2014
    Good, but very disappointing. The combat was great, the graphics were good, the puzzles were meh but the story was repetitive, boring, and made no sense. This might be the most disappointing Resident evil I've played. Looking back at what 4 and 5 did, this is just sad. I really have nothing to say.
  63. Jan 18, 2016
    Still playing this game (and not in a good way). I got this Christmas 2012 and played it here and there and so far, 3 years later, I've finished Leon's campaign and just finished Chapter 4 of Chris's. I can say that this game is not nearly as good as any previous Resident Evil. It's very clunky. The first Resident Evil will forever be a class as well as 2 and 4 and I even loved 5!

I

I cannot play this game in long bouts because well it's clunky and annoying. The camera angles are terrible and the responsiveness is awful. It's not that the responsiveness is really the problem, it's how the controls work with the game. It's just very awkward. Also, it's extremely hard to make it through the game without infinite ammo. There are waves and waves of zombies everywhere but I can't really do anything to them because I have no ammo yet it keeps giving me "survive the wave" and "kill all zombies" objectives. So it makes it to where it's a chore to even play the game.

The save feature is also terrible. Like I said before, I can usually make my plays of this game about 30 minutes before I start getting angry again and never wanna finish the game. But I'm stuck playing 2-3 hours anyway just to finish a chapter. But maybe these thoughts will change whenever I unlock infinite ammo on a gun.

I understand that survival horror is just that, conserving ammo for when it's needed and feeling like you're gonna run out of supplies but part of the classic 1st game is that there really aren't that many zombies to worry about. And they don't come in waves, and you're able to stock up before the time to use them is needed.

Now the good things I can say about the game is the graphics and story. It's cool how everyone's story is weaved in and the cinematics are nice. I also love the UI; I thought it was very creative.

All in all, I plan to eventually finish this game and hopefully it will be soon but playing through this game is such a chore. The first two are classic survival horror, 4 felt like Zelda with zombies, and 5, while different, still had an action game charm, but this doesn't feel anything remotely related to any of the above and will forever be the step-child of the series.
  64. Oct 28, 2015
    OK lets start, The gameplay sucks,there are no puzzles (good ones at least) and the J'avos ruined the game among some other stuff that really screw the experience.
    Why am i giving this game a 5 then?Because it isn't that bad of a game if we don't look back to others resident evil games and if the game kinesthetic didn't sucked this would have been a decent action game.....
  65. Oct 5, 2012
    unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality thatunprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Collapse

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 4, 2012
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.