1.3

Overwhelming dislike- based on 353 Ratings

1. Jun 30, 2013
    Don’t play Ride to Hell: Retribution. Don’t think about playing it. Don’t think about thinking about playing it. Forget it exists, and continue your life as though it never did.
  2. Jun 28, 2013
    Normally when someone says "This looks and plays like a PS2 game" they are exaggerating.
    This game however is an exception to that, it is awful and could be mistaken for a PS2 game.
    It is overly shallow with a terrible combat system and awful bike physics, the game is covered in pointless padding with you riding your bike to locations with very little happening. When things do happen

When things do happen it doesn't make any logical sense such as tank trucks deciding to park sideways in the road for no apparent reason.

This game seems like it should have released at the start of this console gen, it would have made more sense for this garbage to be launched then with other rubbish like Vampire Rain.

This is the worst game to come out in the last few years and should never be bought, its not so bad its good like Deadly Premonition for example. Its just terrible and a disgrace to be released by Quick Silver when they knew full damn well how broken and awful this game is.

They should have left it cancelled.

I'm not even going to talk about the awkward fully clothed sex scenes and boring mass of QTE's

It would be generous to give this game a 1.
  3. Jun 29, 2013
    Worse than anyone can imagine should be avoided by everyone on earth.

Zero gameplay, disgusting controls, production values from the toilet.

Expect returned copies to be sitting alongside ET very soon.
  4. Jun 30, 2013
    We were promised a '60's paradise in this game,but all we got is a lot of Quick Time Events.
    I can't say anything good about it.
    Let's take a look at the graphics,they suck,textures are so bad.
    Let's take a look at the gameplay,too darn repetitive.
    This game is kinda saved from 1/10 thanks to it's idea.
    All in all,this game gets an 2/10.
  5. Jul 3, 2013
    I'll be honest, this game deserves a 1. It has terrible driving physics, gameplay, a ridiculous story, and fully clothed sex scenes.The reason I gave the game a 3, however, is because of how hilarious the game is to play with a couple of mates and a fridge full of beer. The glitches are so horrific that it's hard to believe the game could possibly make it to store shelves. I recommendI'll be honest, this game deserves a 1. It has terrible driving physics, gameplay, a ridiculous story, and fully clothed sex scenes.The reason I gave the game a 3, however, is because of how hilarious the game is to play with a couple of mates and a fridge full of beer. The glitches are so horrific that it's hard to believe the game could possibly make it to store shelves. I recommend buying the game for $10 in a month or two, inviting some friends over, getting smashed, and having a night of drunken fun. Expand
  6. Jun 29, 2013
    Sad how the only points given to this game are from a Dev boosting its score. You have to slum pretty hard to try to deceive people into buying your game.
  7. Jul 29, 2013
    Instead of focusing on everything that's wrong with this game, I'll focus on what's right with it: literally the one correct thing about the game is that the "Ride to Hell" part is scarily accurate.
  8. Jun 28, 2013
    Well, Ride to Hell: Retribution does what it says, it's your retribution for riding to hell, a true ride to hell.

Oh, and to reach the 150 min I can add that citizenkaneofvi rated all three PC, PS3 and X360 versions 10, since I love justice I'm gonna bulldoze it's 10s on all the platforms.

What a missed chance of an interesting idea.
  9. JEK
    Jun 30, 2013
    I thought Aliens colonial Marines was the bad gane until I played this one. I was hoping this will be a decent game when I saw the trailer last month. After all this is the company that brought us dead island franchise and took over/published Metro Last light. When I played this game. The Graphics is really bad not to mention the poor gameplay. I tried to play it again hoping the gamesI thought Aliens colonial Marines was the bad gane until I played this one. I was hoping this will be a decent game when I saw the trailer last month. After all this is the company that brought us dead island franchise and took over/published Metro Last light. When I played this game. The Graphics is really bad not to mention the poor gameplay. I tried to play it again hoping the games gets better. After disgusted again I uninstalled the game and vowed not to play this again. DONT BUY THIS. Expand
  10. Jul 17, 2013
    I remembered how they annouced the Ride to Hell back in 2008 and they said it will be out in 2009, and nothing happened until now! Duke Nukem Forever's story is same here! They just put some random things inside the game just to release it! And what do we got?! Nothing except awful, generic and frustrating game! Controls, graphics, physics... EVERYTHING IS COMPLETELY AWFUL!! Don't buy thisI remembered how they annouced the Ride to Hell back in 2008 and they said it will be out in 2009, and nothing happened until now! Duke Nukem Forever's story is same here! They just put some random things inside the game just to release it! And what do we got?! Nothing except awful, generic and frustrating game! Controls, graphics, physics... EVERYTHING IS COMPLETELY AWFUL!! Don't buy this game, save your money. Expand
  11. Jun 29, 2013
    Ride to Hell: Retribution is the worst game ever! Don't buy it!
    Why they Release THIS in 2013?! Gameplay,Graphics...
    And the story? Vengeance for brother... one good guy vs 9999 bad guys.. I like bikes but this...oh
  12. Jun 29, 2013
    This game is just a pile of garbage. I am the type of person who would try to look at the bright side of everything (this game has one redeeming quality). The game falls short on many, if not all, key points of what makes a game a game. The graphics are alright in some places, but absolutely terrible in many more. The games mechanics are super clunky and unresponsive. The game alsoThis game is just a pile of garbage. I am the type of person who would try to look at the bright side of everything (this game has one redeeming quality). The game falls short on many, if not all, key points of what makes a game a game. The graphics are alright in some places, but absolutely terrible in many more. The games mechanics are super clunky and unresponsive. The game also lacks visual and audible feedback letting you know if you're doing something right or wrong. Sound is by far the worst part of this game. It lacks a lot of sound effects, and the ones that it does have are awful. For example, this is a biker game. One of the key points of a biker game is the motorcycle. The bikes in this game literally sound like weed wackers. The game's ONE redeeming factor is the music, only because they use proprietary licenses instead of in-house music. The one redeeming factor, however, doesn't matter if music isn't played. Many a level I went through without music ever playing. Checkpointing is piss poor, story is uninspired, combat is bad, multiplayer is boring. Just don't buy this game. This is an example of a quickly put together game made solely for profit. Expand
  13. Aug 16, 2013
    Could be worse than cancer. The gameplay is virtually not there at all. the art is from 8 years ago, Half life 2 looks better and it is9 years old. women are just used as swx machines and are nothing else, a truly awful game.
  14. Nov 5, 2013
    DESTROY ALL COPIES OF THIS GAME!!!!!!!!! IT is an abomination!!!!! The gameplay,story, cutscenes, missions, riding mechanics, A.I, movement, characters, weapons, music and sex scenes are a complete and utter JOKE!!! This game makes Marlow Briggs look like a good game even though it is not.
  15. Aug 3, 2013
    this game sucks the sound sucks the graphics suck the gameplay sucks and the story sucks. if you like this game you probably like bubsy 3d and sonic 06 and call of duty
  16. Jul 23, 2013
    The graphics suck so bad in this game and I can't drive correctly in this piece of crap game. This is garbage stay away from this game unless you want stress.
  17. Aug 30, 2013
    In Ride To Hell you do indeed ride to hell, because anything this glitchy, this boring and this awful will force anyone to ride to the darkest depths of hell.
  18. Jul 8, 2013
    Seriously why the hell does a game like this exist? They may be lucky if they even sell 1000 copies of this horrible production... Ride to Hell: Retribution isn't even worth playing for free!
  19. Sep 19, 2013
    Save your money on this guys! Oh, and if that's the real Major Nelson giving this game a 9/10, he's lost all my respect... Then again, it's probably just a troll. But whatever... Save your money on this one guys, the controls are awful and the graphics look like they're from the PlayStation 2 era. I don't know how someone can get away with releasing this literal ride to Hell in 2013... TheSave your money on this guys! Oh, and if that's the real Major Nelson giving this game a 9/10, he's lost all my respect... Then again, it's probably just a troll. But whatever... Save your money on this one guys, the controls are awful and the graphics look like they're from the PlayStation 2 era. I don't know how someone can get away with releasing this literal ride to Hell in 2013... The developers should have their funding taken away forever, and not be allowed to make another game again... Expand
  20. Aug 20, 2013
    This game sucks. Let me get it out of the way right now. This is, without a doubt, the worst game of 2013 thus far.
    That said, you must play this game, or watch a let's play of it. It's absolutely hilarious. Not worth $30 of your own money, but hilarious nonetheless.

Performance: Looks like an early-era PS2 game. The models are weird and blocky, textures are exceedingly horrible, and glitches pop up all over the place. Throw in random crashes, and just as random FPS dives, you have a game that one may consider, "Not very optimized and good looking". They're that bad.

Sound: About six or seven music tracks that repeat throughout the entire game. You'll grow bored with them quickly. The sound effects are weak, and makes it seem like you're hitting your foes with Nerf weapons. However, the saving grace is the hilariously bad voice acting.

The VA is Resident Evil 1 quality, and that's not entirely a bad thing. Just about every line in this game is read so awkwardly it's sure to bring a smile to your face.

Control: I won't be judging the game's control, as much as I'll be judging the lack of it. There are two "modes" in the game: When you're on a motorcycle, and when you're on foot.

On a motorcycle, the controls are hilariously bad. There's no physics, you awkwardly slide around on the bike, and the Powerslide move is...you just have to see it. What's not so hilarious is the combat on a 'cycle: To beat enemies, you have to mash a button until a bar is full, then they're instantly killed. Repeat about 10 times per section. It's not great.

On foot, you have full access to your weapons. You can point, shoot, and take cover, generic stuff, but you can also, like Dead to Rights: Retribution, mix it up with melee combat. And, just like in Dead to Rights: Retribution, it doesn't work very well.

Melee combat works like this: Preform the guard block on someone, mash the attack button, repeat. There's a counter mechanic, like Arkham Asylum/City, but it doesn't serve that much of a purpose, since most of the fist fights are painfully easy and repetitive.

Occasionally, the protagonist gets mad and makes a hilarious scream, and then preforms an insta-kill QTE that actually takes longer to kill the enemies as opposed to just hitting them. Worth seeing at least once.

Gunplay, well, it works. You can shoot things, but even the tutorial games developed in the Gamemaker engine can pull that off. The real issue is, a lot of the controls revolve around QTEs. That's not okay, at all.

Gameplay: You play as Jake Conway, the son of William Conway, who was part of a bike gang known as Retribution. Your brother was killed by a rival gang named The Devil's Hand, and Jake is out for revenge. Don't worry, the story doesn't get any deeper than this, and just about everyone has no character development at all.

With a storyline as simple as this, they certainly did a good job making it seem more complicated than it really is: The beginning of the game is nothing but a swarm of flashbacks, and it does a great job confusing you. However, the best part of this game are the cutscenes, with many of them making no sense, and all of them poorly done in a hilarious fashion.

The 'cycle segments are super repetitive, with the same dull combat all the way through. More excitingly, sometimes your bike will randomly explode, and you'll have to load from the last checkpoint.

On foot, enemies range from generic thin goons who take only a few punches/shots to take out, to Jason wannabes who are damn-near immune to everything. I wasted what seemed like fifty bullets, trying to take one out.

Supposedly, you have to destroy a barrel to kill them more efficiently, but doing so only screwed up my screen, and did damage to me. All the guns are boring, and the melee combat is spam-y as all get-out.

The boss fights are all gimmicks. The first one being you chasing him down on a bike, with a machine gun. You literally have no room for error, and every time you fail, it's all the way at the beginning of the segment. The checkpoints in this game are the worst I've seen in a while. You die, you're doing a 20-minute segment over again, more often than not.

After that, you have a 'town' where you can buy weapons and upgrade your bike. The bike upgrade system isn't bad, but it's completely pointless. There's not much else to do other than go to the next mission.

Oh, there are sex scenes, where you take the women of the Devil's Hand, after beating up their lovers. While fully clothed. There's even a five-on-one situation, where everyone is clothed. So don't worry, not only are they being blatantly sexist (every woman is there for sex), they're also being exceedingly stupid.

This was originally gonna be a sandbox game, like GTA. And I like the ideas it had. A year after that, they rushed it after realized they didn't either have the ability or the time, and we get this glitchy, barely playable mess. Hilarious to watch, but don't buy it yourself.
  21. Jul 10, 2013
    should i even start to think about playing this crappy title???? ahhh i think not the action and meat of the game is chunky at best and there is no story line whatsoever
  22. Aug 14, 2013
    Looks like Fast and Furious: Showdown has some competition. I've played some PS2 games that had better graphics and physics than this atrocity. It should be a crime to sell this game anywhere in the world. This is probably the worst video game of this generation, and one of the worst games of all time. Its not worth 15, its not worth 10, its not worth 5, its not worth five cents. TheLooks like Fast and Furious: Showdown has some competition. I've played some PS2 games that had better graphics and physics than this atrocity. It should be a crime to sell this game anywhere in the world. This is probably the worst video game of this generation, and one of the worst games of all time. Its not worth 15, its not worth 10, its not worth 5, its not worth five cents. The only reason one should ever buy this game is to get a good laugh at how terrible it is. Expand
  23. Jul 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game.... its just... a horrific abomination called "a game". Its pure and utter s*it if i may say so. The first like 20 scenes of the intro doesn't even add up. Hey, i'm cruising down the highway, hey i'm standing in a turret shooting people, hey i'm on the highway again, hey now i'm fighting some random dude, hey i'm on the highway again. Then it just flips to a "10 years earlier" screen. 10 years before what? What the duck just happened?

The controls are completely awful too. Space to accelerate and R to break. Who does that? There is no way of stopping the bike either, just slow down a bit. If you gently bump into something, the game just resets you a couple of meters back. There was even one time where i turned a bit too straight to the right, i guess, and just exploded. Just randomly exploded. The fighting is basically Quick Time Events and mash the left mouse button. When you fight someone on a bike, the game drives for you while you do quick time events. Its not even slightly fun, and i usually like QTE's.

The graphics isn't even that good either. It might have been good graphics if it was 2008 or something. There is even a scene where the guy you are playing as, have sex with a girl wearing an overall... a freaking overall.. She doesn't take it of or something.

Summary: Completely awful, don't even think about buying it. Its horrid, its awful, its just a mess. If it goes for like $5, then maybe it might slightly be some kind of worth buying it.
  24. Aug 18, 2013
    Console version makes this game very slightly better, at least that fixes the problem with broken aiming. But that's still not enough to save this game from being the worst creation of current generation. Shortly, don't play it.
  25. Jul 29, 2013
    One of those sh*tty arcade games from the 80's that you can't help but play because it's so hilariously bad. It may not be worth playing, but watch gameplay on youtube if you want to laugh your ass off.
  26. Aug 26, 2013
    You know, I would insult this game a lot, but I see that you guys already have. So I guess I'll just contribute to the bad score that this bad game deserves.
  27. Jul 25, 2013
    This is a game I was expecting for 4 years. I saw first concept arts at 2009, and thought that is Full Throttle 2 I was waiting for!
    And finally it released.. Well, background of the game is till cool, but graphics, gameplay, and scenario are awful. The 3D models and skeletons of people in game are primitive, textures are low, you can't even read a colors on their jackets!
    Gameplay is
    Gameplay is screwed, it looks like a bad port from a PS2 with all possible bugs.
    And scenario is so weak I can't even speak about it.
    This game is a real digital trash. I really regret money and time I spent for it.
  28. Aug 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game may just be worth getting solely for the sheer amount of laughter you will experience whilst playing this game, unfortunately you will be laughing AT the game not with it.
    The game is ridiculously broken story wise game play wise and logic wise like seriously when the game tried to teach me how to power-slide I realized you could just power-slide for virtually forever with no momentum and then I veered off to thee right and I'm not even joking here, just blew up randomly for no apparent reason, more tedious game-play later and a girl decided she wanted to thank me with sex through her overalls for beating her ex husband up.....I can't really overstate how bad this game is don't buy it unless you enjoy playing bad games oh and as a side note when your brother dies why the hell he screams NOOOOOOO in the way that I would scream no if the world ran out of bacon I have no idea
  29. Aug 29, 2013
    This game is godawful, But brings anew list of idea's that people will on, But the game could of've been awesome. At least the best part about the game is the soundtrack itself!
    Though I mainly enjoy this game for it's Humor glitch's and bugs.
    These game is 9/10 if your looking for a humorous time, In other words; I give it a 2/10
  30. Nov 1, 2013
    How about this, go to your nearest landfill site and find how many copies of this game are in this landfill site it could take you a while but I'll assure you you'll find quite a few.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 14 Critics

1. Sep 2, 2013
    The camera, controls, graphics, voice acting and combat aren't just broken - they're hilariously broken. [Oct 2013, p.77]
    A startling glimpse into true hell. [Sept 2013, p.86]
  3. Aug 13, 2013
    Let’s leave it with Jake’s own words, spoken as if holding up a mirror to his own life: “Swear to god - I’d rather be polishing boots than sit through this crap.”