1.3

Overwhelming dislike- based on 374 Ratings

1. Jun 28, 2013
    Normally when someone says "This looks and plays like a PS2 game" they are exaggerating.
    This game however is an exception to that, it is awful and could be mistaken for a PS2 game.
    It is overly shallow with a terrible combat system and awful bike physics, the game is covered in pointless padding with you riding your bike to locations with very little happening. When things do happen

When things do happen it doesn't make any logical sense such as tank trucks deciding to park sideways in the road for no apparent reason.

This game seems like it should have released at the start of this console gen, it would have made more sense for this garbage to be launched then with other rubbish like Vampire Rain.

This is the worst game to come out in the last few years and should never be bought, its not so bad its good like Deadly Premonition for example. Its just terrible and a disgrace to be released by Quick Silver when they knew full damn well how broken and awful this game is.

They should have left it cancelled.

I'm not even going to talk about the awkward fully clothed sex scenes and boring mass of QTE's

It would be generous to give this game a 1.
  2. Jun 30, 2013
    We were promised a '60's paradise in this game,but all we got is a lot of Quick Time Events.
    I can't say anything good about it.
    Let's take a look at the graphics,they suck,textures are so bad.
    Let's take a look at the gameplay,too darn repetitive.
    This game is kinda saved from 1/10 thanks to it's idea.
    All in all,this game gets an 2/10.
  3. Jun 29, 2013
    Worse than anyone can imagine should be avoided by everyone on earth.

Zero gameplay, disgusting controls, production values from the toilet.

Expect returned copies to be sitting alongside ET very soon.
  4. Jun 30, 2013
    Don’t play Ride to Hell: Retribution. Don’t think about playing it. Don’t think about thinking about playing it. Forget it exists, and continue your life as though it never did.
  5. Jun 29, 2013
    Sad how the only points given to this game are from a Dev boosting its score. You have to slum pretty hard to try to deceive people into buying your game.
  6. Jul 29, 2013
    Instead of focusing on everything that's wrong with this game, I'll focus on what's right with it: literally the one correct thing about the game is that the "Ride to Hell" part is scarily accurate.
  7. Jun 28, 2013
    Well, Ride to Hell: Retribution does what it says, it's your retribution for riding to hell, a true ride to hell.

Oh, and to reach the 150 min I can add that citizenkaneofvi rated all three PC, PS3 and X360 versions 10, since I love justice I'm gonna bulldoze it's 10s on all the platforms.

What a missed chance of an interesting idea.
  8. JEK
    Jun 30, 2013
    I thought Aliens colonial Marines was the bad gane until I played this one. I was hoping this will be a decent game when I saw the trailer last month. After all this is the company that brought us dead island franchise and took over/published Metro Last light. When I played this game. The Graphics is really bad not to mention the poor gameplay. I tried to play it again hoping the gamesI thought Aliens colonial Marines was the bad gane until I played this one. I was hoping this will be a decent game when I saw the trailer last month. After all this is the company that brought us dead island franchise and took over/published Metro Last light. When I played this game. The Graphics is really bad not to mention the poor gameplay. I tried to play it again hoping the games gets better. After disgusted again I uninstalled the game and vowed not to play this again. DONT BUY THIS. Expand
  9. Jun 29, 2013
    Ride to Hell: Retribution is the worst game ever! Don't buy it!
    Why they Release THIS in 2013?! Gameplay,Graphics...
    And the story? Vengeance for brother... one good guy vs 9999 bad guys.. I like bikes but this...oh
  10. Aug 16, 2013
    Could be worse than cancer. The gameplay is virtually not there at all. the art is from 8 years ago, Half life 2 looks better and it is9 years old. women are just used as swx machines and are nothing else, a truly awful game.
  11. Jul 8, 2013
    Seriously why the hell does a game like this exist? They may be lucky if they even sell 1000 copies of this horrible production... Ride to Hell: Retribution isn't even worth playing for free!
  12. Jul 23, 2013
    The graphics suck so bad in this game and I can't drive correctly in this piece of crap game. This is garbage stay away from this game unless you want stress.
  13. Sep 19, 2013
    Save your money on this guys! Oh, and if that's the real Major Nelson giving this game a 9/10, he's lost all my respect... Then again, it's probably just a troll. But whatever... Save your money on this one guys, the controls are awful and the graphics look like they're from the PlayStation 2 era. I don't know how someone can get away with releasing this literal ride to Hell in 2013... TheSave your money on this guys! Oh, and if that's the real Major Nelson giving this game a 9/10, he's lost all my respect... Then again, it's probably just a troll. But whatever... Save your money on this one guys, the controls are awful and the graphics look like they're from the PlayStation 2 era. I don't know how someone can get away with releasing this literal ride to Hell in 2013... The developers should have their funding taken away forever, and not be allowed to make another game again... Expand
  14. Aug 20, 2013
    This game sucks. Let me get it out of the way right now. This is, without a doubt, the worst game of 2013 thus far.
    That said, you must play this game, or watch a let's play of it. It's absolutely hilarious. Not worth $30 of your own money, but hilarious nonetheless.

Performance: Looks like an early-era PS2 game. The models are weird and blocky, textures are exceedingly horrible, and glitches pop up all over the place. Throw in random crashes, and just as random FPS dives, you have a game that one may consider, "Not very optimized and good looking". They're that bad.

Sound: About six or seven music tracks that repeat throughout the entire game. You'll grow bored with them quickly. The sound effects are weak, and makes it seem like you're hitting your foes with Nerf weapons. However, the saving grace is the hilariously bad voice acting.

The VA is Resident Evil 1 quality, and that's not entirely a bad thing. Just about every line in this game is read so awkwardly it's sure to bring a smile to your face.

Control: I won't be judging the game's control, as much as I'll be judging the lack of it. There are two "modes" in the game: When you're on a motorcycle, and when you're on foot.

On a motorcycle, the controls are hilariously bad. There's no physics, you awkwardly slide around on the bike, and the Powerslide move is...you just have to see it. What's not so hilarious is the combat on a 'cycle: To beat enemies, you have to mash a button until a bar is full, then they're instantly killed. Repeat about 10 times per section. It's not great.

On foot, you have full access to your weapons. You can point, shoot, and take cover, generic stuff, but you can also, like Dead to Rights: Retribution, mix it up with melee combat. And, just like in Dead to Rights: Retribution, it doesn't work very well.

Melee combat works like this: Preform the guard block on someone, mash the attack button, repeat. There's a counter mechanic, like Arkham Asylum/City, but it doesn't serve that much of a purpose, since most of the fist fights are painfully easy and repetitive.

Occasionally, the protagonist gets mad and makes a hilarious scream, and then preforms an insta-kill QTE that actually takes longer to kill the enemies as opposed to just hitting them. Worth seeing at least once.

Gunplay, well, it works. You can shoot things, but even the tutorial games developed in the Gamemaker engine can pull that off. The real issue is, a lot of the controls revolve around QTEs. That's not okay, at all.

Gameplay: You play as Jake Conway, the son of William Conway, who was part of a bike gang known as Retribution. Your brother was killed by a rival gang named The Devil's Hand, and Jake is out for revenge. Don't worry, the story doesn't get any deeper than this, and just about everyone has no character development at all.

With a storyline as simple as this, they certainly did a good job making it seem more complicated than it really is: The beginning of the game is nothing but a swarm of flashbacks, and it does a great job confusing you. However, the best part of this game are the cutscenes, with many of them making no sense, and all of them poorly done in a hilarious fashion.

The 'cycle segments are super repetitive, with the same dull combat all the way through. More excitingly, sometimes your bike will randomly explode, and you'll have to load from the last checkpoint.

On foot, enemies range from generic thin goons who take only a few punches/shots to take out, to Jason wannabes who are damn-near immune to everything. I wasted what seemed like fifty bullets, trying to take one out.

Supposedly, you have to destroy a barrel to kill them more efficiently, but doing so only screwed up my screen, and did damage to me. All the guns are boring, and the melee combat is spam-y as all get-out.

The boss fights are all gimmicks. The first one being you chasing him down on a bike, with a machine gun. You literally have no room for error, and every time you fail, it's all the way at the beginning of the segment. The checkpoints in this game are the worst I've seen in a while. You die, you're doing a 20-minute segment over again, more often than not.

After that, you have a 'town' where you can buy weapons and upgrade your bike. The bike upgrade system isn't bad, but it's completely pointless. There's not much else to do other than go to the next mission.

Oh, there are sex scenes, where you take the women of the Devil's Hand, after beating up their lovers. While fully clothed. There's even a five-on-one situation, where everyone is clothed. So don't worry, not only are they being blatantly sexist (every woman is there for sex), they're also being exceedingly stupid.

This was originally gonna be a sandbox game, like GTA. And I like the ideas it had. A year after that, they rushed it after realized they didn't either have the ability or the time, and we get this glitchy, barely playable mess. Hilarious to watch, but don't buy it yourself.
  15. Aug 14, 2013
    Looks like Fast and Furious: Showdown has some competition. I've played some PS2 games that had better graphics and physics than this atrocity. It should be a crime to sell this game anywhere in the world. This is probably the worst video game of this generation, and one of the worst games of all time. Its not worth 15, its not worth 10, its not worth 5, its not worth five cents. TheLooks like Fast and Furious: Showdown has some competition. I've played some PS2 games that had better graphics and physics than this atrocity. It should be a crime to sell this game anywhere in the world. This is probably the worst video game of this generation, and one of the worst games of all time. Its not worth 15, its not worth 10, its not worth 5, its not worth five cents. The only reason one should ever buy this game is to get a good laugh at how terrible it is. Expand
  16. Aug 18, 2013
    Console version makes this game very slightly better, at least that fixes the problem with broken aiming. But that's still not enough to save this game from being the worst creation of current generation. Shortly, don't play it.
  17. Aug 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game may just be worth getting solely for the sheer amount of laughter you will experience whilst playing this game, unfortunately you will be laughing AT the game not with it.
    The game is ridiculously broken story wise game play wise and logic wise like seriously when the game tried to teach me how to power-slide I realized you could just power-slide for virtually forever with no momentum and then I veered off to thee right and I'm not even joking here, just blew up randomly for no apparent reason, more tedious game-play later and a girl decided she wanted to thank me with sex through her overalls for beating her ex husband up.....I can't really overstate how bad this game is don't buy it unless you enjoy playing bad games oh and as a side note when your brother dies why the hell he screams NOOOOOOO in the way that I would scream no if the world ran out of bacon I have no idea
  18. Nov 1, 2013
    Never rated a game so low
    Is a pile of Everything is bad in this game. Every single thing
    Whoever made it should just quit life because this is garbage
  19. Jul 29, 2013
    One of those sh*tty arcade games from the 80's that you can't help but play because it's so hilariously bad. It may not be worth playing, but watch gameplay on youtube if you want to laugh your ass off.
  20. Aug 29, 2013
    This game is godawful, But brings anew list of idea's that people will on, But the game could of've been awesome. At least the best part about the game is the soundtrack itself!
    Though I mainly enjoy this game for it's Humor glitch's and bugs.
    These game is 9/10 if your looking for a humorous time, In other words; I give it a 2/10
  21. Nov 1, 2013
    How about this, go to your nearest landfill site and find how many copies of this game are in this landfill site it could take you a while but I'll assure you you'll find quite a few.
  22. Nov 26, 2013
    Seriously, I can't find another "game" that's worse than this. Other than Day One: Garry's Incident, of course.
    Deep Silver decided to sew together a racing game with GTA, and rake in all the cash they can get from over-excited 12 year-olds that weren't already addicted to Call of Duty.
    But seriously, if you're going to put sex in a game, at least let me get a boner from it.
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    C'mon Deep Silver you are better than this.

This game is soo broken and frustrating and i can't believe my brain has exploded yet. chopped full of bugs and cheap deaths. This game gives players a plethora of deaths, and hilariously bad fighting mechanics. if you are that sadistic. and want a painfully bad game to get mad at and bust your TV or Monitor? Play it then.
  24. Nov 8, 2013
    All I can say about this game is that it is terrible and anyone who believes this game is great really need to play it again with smarts of how bad it is. This is literally a prime example of a terrible execution of how a game plays. Graphics are weak comparing to old gen consoles (Yes, PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox graphics) that shows how lazy the developers are. The worst offense is theAll I can say about this game is that it is terrible and anyone who believes this game is great really need to play it again with smarts of how bad it is. This is literally a prime example of a terrible execution of how a game plays. Graphics are weak comparing to old gen consoles (Yes, PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox graphics) that shows how lazy the developers are. The worst offense is the gameplay. The fighting mechanics are more of a long chore of mashing buttons and the shooting mechanics are mediocre with all (I mean ALL) weapons are like peashooters until if you manage to pull off headshots (Which is easy to do) that will put them down immediately. The motorbike driving mechanics are repetitive that makes it either too easy or well, no sense of it needing it there. It terribly reminds me of two terrible games: Shellshock 2 Blood Trails and Duke Nukem Forever. In result, avoid this game like the plague or if you have this game return it or use it for trade-in money. This is the only best thing you can do with it. Expand
  25. Jan 26, 2014
    This is one of those games that we are going to analyze all it's faults (it has many) and make fun of forever. This game has the maturity of an 8 year old and the mind of a kinky sex addict. The game looks like an alpha and it is a crime people paid to play it. Angry Joe did a great review of this. Deep Silver tried to make him take it down but they gave up because people flocked to theirThis is one of those games that we are going to analyze all it's faults (it has many) and make fun of forever. This game has the maturity of an 8 year old and the mind of a kinky sex addict. The game looks like an alpha and it is a crime people paid to play it. Angry Joe did a great review of this. Deep Silver tried to make him take it down but they gave up because people flocked to their twitter and complained. Honestly what a **** thing to do just because he reviewed your **** game honestly. Expand
  26. Aug 18, 2013
    Sometimes, we get across thing in our lives that, we can't just simply ignore, we end up becoming fascinated with that thing, interested in it, and 'till the end of ours lifes, we wonder about it, and this happened to me when I first saw this game, and asked myself: "Wtf is that 1% in the cover?", and I may finally have the answer for that, that, is the freaking score of the game.Sometimes, we get across thing in our lives that, we can't just simply ignore, we end up becoming fascinated with that thing, interested in it, and 'till the end of ours lifes, we wonder about it, and this happened to me when I first saw this game, and asked myself: "Wtf is that 1% in the cover?", and I may finally have the answer for that, that, is the freaking score of the game.

Seriously, why release something like this? In the opening sequence we already realise that we're in for a hell of a ride, a ride straight to gamers hell, this game simply takes the player to a world of gameplay, stupid story full of dum characters, and terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE gameplay. It's unfinished, simple as that, unfinished, that is the only explanation that can be given, for a game so broken and bugged like this.

There are no redeemable factors about this game, it just don't. Gameplay is so god awful that most part of the time you just progress in the story by pure and random luck, when the enemies just freeze up and stop moving or shooting, or when you're just lucky enough to be able to manage the terrible controls of the bike. I remember seeing this game a few years ago, in the Arkade magazine, and I actually thought that this could be a good game, that they could use it's premise to make it an underrated classic, maybe the next Full Throttle, but I was just dreaming.

The story is so godamm stupid I don't even wanna talk about it. All the characters are ridiculous caricatures and poorly voiced over, not a single one can be saved from this gigantic pile of thrash, and I do expect that none of this game voice actors ever make it again into another one.

This game goes as far as having people comparing it to BIG RIGS: OVER THE ROAD RACING, you heard it, f*cking Big Rigs, isn't that enough for you to realize how bad this is? I don't think I need to explain more.
  27. Aug 28, 2013
    Im giving it 1 because the game is sooooo teeeeeeeeerrible,that I almost had some fun! But the best thing to do is just forget this game was ever made
  28. Aug 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ride to Hell takes false advertising to a new level. It promises well developed, fun and innovative gameplay with the addition of fun bike sequences and a gripping story that will have you on the edge your seat for the entire game. Instead we are given literally in all it's rights, a "Ride to Hell"

This game had been in development for more than a few years and on release day all they got it is an army of unappeased customers. The game offers lack-luster game-play with very stiff generic mechanics and throughout the whole game you will find it nothing but a chore. You get boring shooting gallery's which you transition either through a barrage of loading screens and terrible cut-scenes filled with awful voice acting, stale sound and hardly any character development.

The bike sections are just criminal there is no freedom and is more of an annoyance than anything. You go down a linear path riding your bike that seems to have almost no physics at all, and seems almost weightless as it constantly veers off one side to another. There is no punishment for hitting an obstacle of any sort, these obstacles consist of a wooden fence at the side and a nauseating amount of props lighting effects and explosions as the half-assed AI fly's into the wooden fence and explodes.

As for sound design. It's something you would get in a fisher prices advert. (Might be pushing it) they seem to be something you would get off a soundboard, or MP3 website. Some websites offer even higher quality sounds than that in the game. The soundtrack is repetitive and irritating in all respects and I had found myself turning that quite quickly.

As well as for story? You will find yourself lost throughout and will have no clue what is going on. Especially the intro to the game being a turret gallery. The game will also put you through very awkward "Sex" scenes I put it in commas as really it's just character models fully clothed doing inappropriate things that are way too detailed for anyone's liking. The way you get to sit through these awkward sequences is by... Beating up a womans husband. Killing a rapist in an alleyway. Because I am sure after that sort of experience any girl would want to rip your clothes off.

All in all I think this game is just awful, the price is criminal and is like robbing candy from a baby at £30 base price. $40 dollars I think in US it is most definitely not worth it. This game would even make reviewers like IGN not want to take a large sum of money to appraise this game. This is not a must buy and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It is a shame with a game that could of had a lot of potential and such a great premise with a unique art style to fall so flat and become a monotonous chore.

Final Score| 1/10 -God awful mess.
  29. Aug 31, 2013
    AWFUL!!! AWFUL!!!!! AWFUL!!!! This is the worst game I have ever played!!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! Don't even play it just to see how bad it is!!!! This is without a doubt the worst game ever released on console or PC!!! Big Rigs was so bad its good, cause it was one big glitch, but this actually tries to take itself seriously WTF!!!! This looks like a game from 2003, THATS NO JOKE!!!AWFUL!!! AWFUL!!!!! AWFUL!!!! This is the worst game I have ever played!!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! Don't even play it just to see how bad it is!!!! This is without a doubt the worst game ever released on console or PC!!! Big Rigs was so bad its good, cause it was one big glitch, but this actually tries to take itself seriously WTF!!!! This looks like a game from 2003, THATS NO JOKE!!! Everything about this game SUCKS!!!! If I could go negative I would I would give it a -5 out of 10!!! An EPIC FAIL ON EVERY LEVEL! Expand
  30. Aug 31, 2013
    This game is broken. Don't buy it. There are lots of people giving good ratings to this game. Don't listen to them, you know who you are. There is no re-playability (why would you do this in the first place, be my guest) and no distinguishing parts that make this game stand out. There is no unique content, like the developers decided it was too hard and made a hollow shell of a game thatThis game is broken. Don't buy it. There are lots of people giving good ratings to this game. Don't listen to them, you know who you are. There is no re-playability (why would you do this in the first place, be my guest) and no distinguishing parts that make this game stand out. There is no unique content, like the developers decided it was too hard and made a hollow shell of a game that USED to have a good concept. Please Don't Play This. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 14 Critics

1. Sep 2, 2013
    The camera, controls, graphics, voice acting and combat aren't just broken - they're hilariously broken. [Oct 2013, p.77]
    A startling glimpse into true hell. [Sept 2013, p.86]
  3. Aug 13, 2013
    Let’s leave it with Jake’s own words, spoken as if holding up a mirror to his own life: “Swear to god - I’d rather be polishing boots than sit through this crap.”