8.1

1. RaffiC
    Aug 7, 2008
    Overrated by most, overpriced by anyone's standards. The controllers/instruments are of poor quality and design. Gameplay is so-so. I much prefer the fret board of GH2-3, and even their bango-sized guitar, over RB crap. I'll give them points for graphics and character customizability, as well as endowing the additional instruments for song play. Speaking of which, their song Overrated by most, overpriced by anyone's standards. The controllers/instruments are of poor quality and design. Gameplay is so-so. I much prefer the fret board of GH2-3, and even their bango-sized guitar, over RB crap. I'll give them points for graphics and character customizability, as well as endowing the additional instruments for song play. Speaking of which, their song list isn't bad, about the same as GH3 in overall quality nd enjoyability. Overall, i thoroughly regret the purchase and would not recommend it to any soloists. It's, IMO, intending for those wanting to play with their friends or family 90+ percent of the time. Expand
  2. RyanF.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Not worth the price. Broke already
  3. DaveE.
    Apr 8, 2008
    The reason I'm voting this game 0 is the price. The UK pricing is £180... That's more than the console. The game is 170 US dollars... So the UK prices works out at about 355 US dollars for EXACTLY the same game, just cause we happen to live over the ocean. Disgraceful!
  4. MorganK.
    Dec 13, 2007
    So close to greatness, but unfortunately a totally broken, failed release. All my interested friends who were psyched to play after months of me talking about it came over the night of the launch and we played all night - it was great fun and everyone had a blast. Towards the end of the night the Stratocaster died on the downstrum like most people's. At the time it was being played So close to greatness, but unfortunately a totally broken, failed release. All my interested friends who were psyched to play after months of me talking about it came over the night of the launch and we played all night - it was great fun and everyone had a blast. Towards the end of the night the Stratocaster died on the downstrum like most people's. At the time it was being played on Medium bass. It was ok, though, as we were mostly going to be a three piece band and I still had the Xplorer from Guitar Hero II to use and I'd been reading on here that others were having the same problem and the replacements were on the way out. After a couple of days i did the non-express RMA. Although the shipper mis-delivered it, I did eventually get the empty RMA box and send the guitar out. As of today, no replacement has arrived. As we played I noticed huge issues for the mic lagging way behind the vocal tracks - this has been well documented on here as a software issue - and it was ok as long as you didn't have to do a speaking/rapping part on one of the higher difficulties. Also, having sung in a couple of bands, i have a pretty projecting singing voice, but I had to rein that way in to keep the cheap mic from freaking out at louder sounds, even after turning the sensitivity way down. It seems to be fine there as long as you are singing in a high head voice with no vibrato - which sounds really stupid most of the time, but it was still funny to hear my friends do it. For a while. I was going to buy a new, better USB mic, but was waiting for the mic lag problem to be fixed. I guess it doesn't matter now, though. Also, we started to notice a crack forming and the hinge of the bass pedal. We have just started to get to the beginnings of Hard drumming and since I'd been hearing about broken bass pedals on here since launch, I'd enforced a socks-only drumming rule. So anticipating it breaking fully eventually, I did another non-Express RMA for the pedal. Yesterday the bass pedal snapped about 30 seconds after our first play through the just-purchased DLC, The Ramones Rockaway Beach with the drummer on Easy, in socks. It snapped in a totally different place than the first crack - halfway between the hinge and the spring, easily breaking through the support plastic crisscrosses on the bottom. So, since after several days my RMA box for the pedal still hadn't shipped according to the UPS site, I called EA Support to see if I could upgrade the RMA to Express by giving them my credit card. After 2 attempts, I was both times disconnected immediately when I hit '1' to speak with Customer Support instead of the automated menu tree. As of this writing, the empty RMA box still hasn't shipped. Even after all this - now that the only properly functioning piece of hardware in this game is my 2 year old-that-I bought-used and heavily-abused-through-Expert Guitar Hero II Xplorer. The concept is great, the software is pretty solid, but the massive scale of the peripheral failure taints this game to the extent that it cannot be recommended. It's not worth the headache of dealing with endless cycle of failed hardware and 2 month warranties - either give it a year and see if they've fixed all their problems, or simply wait for Rock Band 2, because this is a trainwreck. Expand
  5. Davie
    Feb 5, 2008
    I feel you have to judge a game by playing it youself before you review it. Sadly this isn't released in the UK or the whole of europe and wont be for anytime soon. So it gets a low score.
  6. SophiaL.
    Jan 13, 2008
    Could have been a great game, but the rushed-to-market instruments ruin it. While some have had luck with getting fixed instruments, we've spent months waiting for the 'fixed' hardware only to get the same faulty gear back. Unfortunately we can't even sell it, as the widespread failure rate on the hardware blocks GameStop from letting you sell it back - while it's Could have been a great game, but the rushed-to-market instruments ruin it. While some have had luck with getting fixed instruments, we've spent months waiting for the 'fixed' hardware only to get the same faulty gear back. Unfortunately we can't even sell it, as the widespread failure rate on the hardware blocks GameStop from letting you sell it back - while it's a fun concept, the execution is miserable - everyone should just wait for Rock Band II rather than get screwed over by EA and Harmonix on this disaster. The brilliant concept is undeniable, the 4th rate hardware is inexcusable - if you're reading this ad thinking 'whatever, my drum pedal is fine' just give it a couple more weeks and I 'd bet money it's' busted - they knew the hardware was faulty and shipped it anyway just to make their holiday revenue look better - the gear is crap and woe be unto anyone who buys this and expects it to last more than a month - never have I seen a better example of reviews-gone-wrong than this, where the game itself is left unplayable by faulty hardware - avoid at all costs!! Expand
  7. OliverB.
    Jul 15, 2008
    First of all I live in Denmark. this game has not been released in Denmark yet, even though its been out for almost a year in America, and when its finally released, it will most likely cost 3 times more than the American version. currently I am in America, but i cant buy rock band here and take it home because it wont run on my xbox because its European. this game is a joke. Its just the First of all I live in Denmark. this game has not been released in Denmark yet, even though its been out for almost a year in America, and when its finally released, it will most likely cost 3 times more than the American version. currently I am in America, but i cant buy rock band here and take it home because it wont run on my xbox because its European. this game is a joke. Its just the old cliche: Europe get the same thing just some months later to a much higher price. it happened with the PS3, the iPhone and many other products. I hope fable 2 will be euro exclusive for 6 months, just so the Americans can see how it feels to be shat on just because you live in a different part of the world. Expand
  8. Bauermill
    Dec 11, 2007
    This game is mediocre compared to any Guitar Hero game. The only good thing is the song list, but the chinsey instruments and bad controls kill any reason to buy this game.
  9. M.D.
    Jan 13, 2008
    WE played the instruments as softy as possible and everyone of them broke within a couple off weeks - this is a very poorly made game ans should be avoided. I feel bad for everyone who bought this and feels like their gear is doing ok - just look at the Rockband.com forums - EVERYONE's hardware is broken - it's just a matter of time. We've all been ripped off!!
  10. TonyQ.
    Jan 31, 2008
    If I were dumb I'd play this game. Too bad my IQ is in the millions. I don't understand why all of my friends think this game is amazing. We fight about it all the time and I win every argument because my points are discussed with greater clarity and I'm better at name calling. The developers should be embarrassed .
  11. FredB.
    Jun 28, 2008
    This game has poor graphics for a XBOX360 game and poor taste. It appeals to little teenagers though.

1. Rock Band is so close to being a must-have game for any self respecting, music-loving gamer, but unless you’ve got money to burn and friends on tap, Rock Band isn’t half the game it could have been for half the cost [Say again, Bilbo - Ed].
  2. Problems are present, such as the inclusion of a few foreign tracks in mystery set lists during the World Tour (not the easiest of songs to jump into without having any prior experience) and we still prefer the guitars included with Guitar Hero, but these aren't enough to hurt what is a unique gaming experience.
  3. Rock Band's longevity will last as long as it has support for it.