Rocksmith Xbox 360

8.2

1. Jan 3, 2012
    Artist "Muse" song "unnatural selection" Fret numbers are wrong, I have to play this song down a fret compared to what is on screen, the arrow is on red 5, i have to play red 4..........any one else have this problem? this is as far as i have made it so far, just wondering if there are any other songs with this problem?
  2. Oct 10, 2012
    Been playing guitar for nearly 10 years and I wish something like this was available when I started learning. It makes a lot of the more tedious aspects of learning the instrument quite fun and encourages you to keep improving yourself. Even for someone like myself it's a great way to learn new songs and to brush up on a few things that I've never been that great at (learning chords,Been playing guitar for nearly 10 years and I wish something like this was available when I started learning. It makes a lot of the more tedious aspects of learning the instrument quite fun and encourages you to keep improving yourself. Even for someone like myself it's a great way to learn new songs and to brush up on a few things that I've never been that great at (learning chords, scales).

Unfortunately the game is marred by some bad design choices. The menus are extremely unintuitive and user unfriendly, at times its like navigating a maze to try and find something that should be quite straightforward such as practicing a particular piece of a song. Once you navigate through the menus the loading times are quite long and you are forced to check your tuning before you start any song or exercise. Upon completing the song you are straight into another long load screen before any option to retry is presented meaning going through the loading and tuning routine again. This gets very tedious very quickly.

Lag is also an issue but can be corrected by using different setups as shown in the manual. A hassle for sure but this is the fault of the post processing done by your TV, not the Game or Xbox and is unavoidable.

All being said the positives of this game far outweigh the negatives. The negative points can mostly be put down to a poor user interface whereas the main part of actually playing and learning the guitar is done a lot better than I thought it would be. I really hope Ubisoft see fit for a sequel as if the poor UI were fixed and a few nagging design choices changed this game would be pretty faultless.

1. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Dec 1, 2012
    A novel idea and clever piece of kit, but indecision on whether it's a videogame or learning tool is a downfall, along with its confusing bespoke notation method. [Issue#91, p.82]
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    A great first step in a much needed new directions in the music game genre.
    You'd be mad to buy an electric guitar and not fork out for Rocksmith as well. [Dec 2012, p.95]