7.5

1. Jul 5, 2012
    One of the few actual dungeon crawlers on the 360 and well worth playing. Sacred 2 had one of the best loot grabbing systems I have ever experienced, as you could set several options and grab loot in a circular area. Tons of exploration with a giant world map, plus more quests than you could ever want. There are only two small things that keep this from being a 10 for me. First, no skillOne of the few actual dungeon crawlers on the 360 and well worth playing. Sacred 2 had one of the best loot grabbing systems I have ever experienced, as you could set several options and grab loot in a circular area. Tons of exploration with a giant world map, plus more quests than you could ever want. There are only two small things that keep this from being a 10 for me. First, no skill and attribute point respec/reset. This can be very bad if you get too far in the game and find you messed up with a skill point or even attribute point. Plan your character very carefully. The other thing, they were unable to make one last patch to fix some minor glitch issues, but they are not game killers at all. This is actually not the companies fault as they were disbanded. Expand
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    Sacred 2 scratches an itch very rarely seen on consoles. As all reviews have stated there are bugs. There are a lot of bugs. However ive found that this game caters to quantity over quality. Not to say there are no quality aspects of this game, its just that this game is massive. And that is still an understatement. Essentially 5 new game plusses, 6 classes with a 200 level cap, 600 questsSacred 2 scratches an itch very rarely seen on consoles. As all reviews have stated there are bugs. There are a lot of bugs. However ive found that this game caters to quantity over quality. Not to say there are no quality aspects of this game, its just that this game is massive. And that is still an understatement. Essentially 5 new game plusses, 6 classes with a 200 level cap, 600 quests and a map that has taken me over 100 hours to fill only a little over 50%. The navigation is confusing and a little more than frustrating at first but you learn how to use it. However ive found that this game encourages exploration. Ive yet to find all 42 towns and i still discover little hidden areas every time i play. The detail put into the environment is outstanding. If you zoom in while exploring a house youll find little objects such as coffee mugs or toilet paper unraveling off a spool in a bathroom. There are places in the world you will never find if you dont set foot off the beaten path. Speaking of which there are 20 screen filling bosses that have nothing to do with the story.

The controls are fantastic. You have more skills than you can slot. And with the left and right triggers opening up their own skill menu plus the default face buttons you have 12 slots into which you can put any skill or weapon set. I have yet to see a game that allows you to equip 12 skills at once. It allows you to grab loot in an area rather than per item so you can swallow lots of loot without missing a beat. However you do not share loot within multiplayer so communicate if youre playing with someone else. This also comes with a filter so you can stop filling your inventory with low level gear.

This is a very numbers heavy game and i hate numbers. However sacred literally lays out all your combined stats like chance to find valuables or skill regen time reduction so you know where you are in terms of building your character. It lists your last 3 opponents and their stats so you can see beyond just damage numbers. It wont let you respec but it does lay out everything about your character so when the level up happens you can make a sound decision as to where you want to take them.

Yes there are flaws and this game very rarely, if ever, holds your hand. You will be punished for not considering your point placements. ive had to redo my warrior 4 times before i understood how to turn him into a pure summoning necromancer. And thats only one option of one character. Ive made four characters with that warrior being my most recent. You can turn him into a tank or one man army if youd rather just rush sword first into mobs. Unless youre in a town, or can become permanently invisible like my necro, then no amount of pausing will save you from the enemy. A bathroom break requires a trip to town or you lose your precious survival bonus when you die. Story is stupid but thats not what this game is about. For those who complain about story are looking in the wrong place. Voice acting is not good but honestly the same things applies. The world has more character and depth than any NPC you will encounter.

I can go on and on about the little things this game does so well. Theres more to love here than hate but you gotta take the game for what it is. It is a loot fest grinder filled to the brim with content and love. It is a dungeon crawler that presents you with a vast and varied world to explore. Everything about the world feels natural and there are no procedurally generated dungeons. The whole issue with the camera is due to how much there is to see. The game cannot render the amount of world you would be exposed to. Its just too freaking big. Skyrim would fall to its knees and cry at the potential vistas and hidden gems scattered throughout the world. I traded diablo 3 in because i was spoiled by the amount of exploration and detail this game offers. For ten bucks used screw the reviews. This game is worth the chance. If you decide to pick it up take it slow at first. It will take you a long time to really scratch the surface but once it clicks its hard to put the controller down. Just one more quest...

Oh yeah... Did i mention 2 player same screen co op, 4 player online co op with shared exp., and a free roam with the option of PvP. And because players host, unless no one ever plays again, servers cant be shut down. Try it out and i hope to see new faces to wreck mobs with.
  3. GregoryW.
    May 30, 2009
    No game is without flaws....and Sacred 2 is no exception. However, in spite of it's alleged "problems", Sacred 2 succeeds in delivering the goods (i.e. fun). In an age where FPS or First Person Perspective games are the gold standard of console/PC gaming, Sacred 2's "isometic" look and retro-hack/slash play will seem antiquated and backwards. But for RPG enthusiasts without such No game is without flaws....and Sacred 2 is no exception. However, in spite of it's alleged "problems", Sacred 2 succeeds in delivering the goods (i.e. fun). In an age where FPS or First Person Perspective games are the gold standard of console/PC gaming, Sacred 2's "isometic" look and retro-hack/slash play will seem antiquated and backwards. But for RPG enthusiasts without such prejudices, Sacred 2 will be nothing short of fun and engaging. Let the critics be enamored with the "latest and greatest" trends to beam at or blast for their publications. But for those of us who believe in the motto "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it", Sacred 2's game play and approach is exactly what the "next-gen" consoles need. Expand
    May 13, 2009
    One of the most under rated games in awhile. The graphics, sounds, and attention to detail in the game world is top notch. I don't understand how some of the media have critisized the graphics. They are way above average. I looked at some of the screenshots from the reviews before buying and I can only guess that they must have went out of their way to take in-game pics from the game One of the most under rated games in awhile. The graphics, sounds, and attention to detail in the game world is top notch. I don't understand how some of the media have critisized the graphics. They are way above average. I looked at some of the screenshots from the reviews before buying and I can only guess that they must have went out of their way to take in-game pics from the game that were not flattering. After everything is said and done this game is just plain FUN! My only minor gripe worth noting is the lack of a good manual/tutorial. The story might not seem that good, but I believe that's only because there are SO MANY side quests that distract you from the main story line. Diablo for the consoles is here. Expand
  5. JS
    May 14, 2009
    This game is fantastic. I tried the PC demo and would have given it a 60% ( on the PC ). The Xbox 360 version is better & very fun to play ;-) I'm loving it!
  6. DanC
    May 15, 2009
    If you want a Baldur's Gate or Champions of Norath type game on your 360, this game is fantastic. Great 4 player co-op. and an absolutely massive overworld to explore. Ignore the negative reviews. If this is the type of game you want, you'll love this one. There are few minor glitches but they are rare and none are that serious.
  7. grantr
    May 21, 2009
    I can't ignore the obvious flaws (occasional graphic tearing, one freeze--may have been my xbox--and getting killed while in a menu screen...), but it's just plain simple fun with enough depth to make it last. You can even customize the moves and choose the way they're upgraded. This is similar to Diablo and akin to Oblivion in that you have a huge world to explore. It is I can't ignore the obvious flaws (occasional graphic tearing, one freeze--may have been my xbox--and getting killed while in a menu screen...), but it's just plain simple fun with enough depth to make it last. You can even customize the moves and choose the way they're upgraded. This is similar to Diablo and akin to Oblivion in that you have a huge world to explore. It is NOT like oblivion however, in that the game throws enemies at you every moment, and doesn't punish you for entering people's houses or opening safes. Also, unlike Champions, you rarely get items that are more than 1 level above your level. From what I've seen from the lower reviews, their main gripes seem to be with dungeon-crawler RPGs in general. This is a genre in itself--you either like it or hate it. Expand
  8. BrandonR
    May 13, 2009
    Closest thing to a Diablo-esque game in quite some time. It does have some quirks sometimes, but definitely an enjoyable game with literally over 100 hours of quests. You may be as surprised as me when your 30 hours has only accounted for 17.2% of the Main quest. Replay value is high with both good and evil missions and over 600 side quests to shake a leg at.

The true draw here is the combat and class customization, so if you've got a few friends around it could serve as a solid distraction for a while with its options for online play while you wait for something better to come along.
  2. SACRED 2: Fallen Angel is mostly a level grind that will appeal to hardcore Diablo fans jonesing for another dungeon crawler fix. The Xbox 360 version is a bit of a disappointment, due to a fair share of bugs and port issues.
  3. In fact, with the exception of menu interfaces and loading times in towns, this is actually better than the PC version, if just for the fact that it didn’t crash once during my combined 50 hours of playtime.