Saints Row IV Xbox 360

6.5

1. Sep 20, 2013
    This game is like playing Saints Row 3 while on an acid trip. Why?!? Same exact thing as the previous installment. But oh wait some how i got super powers and did i forget to mention i get to become the president of the good old U.S of A?? I get to call the shots while assaulting citizens with huge And some how on top of this an Alien invasion is taking place in my very familiar wonderfulThis game is like playing Saints Row 3 while on an acid trip. Why?!? Same exact thing as the previous installment. But oh wait some how i got super powers and did i forget to mention i get to become the president of the good old U.S of A?? I get to call the shots while assaulting citizens with huge And some how on top of this an Alien invasion is taking place in my very familiar wonderful city of steelport. lol if your into bad games and have no taste for the good stuff you should go out waste your hard earn $60 bucks on this soon to be bargain bin game or you can get your money's worth buy picking up GTA V(SAME PRICE). If GTA not your style pick up Saints Row 2. AVIOD THIS GAME Expand
  2. Aug 20, 2013
    I liked all of the saints row games up until this one. It seems like the writers/developers were trying too hard to make something "unique" but ended up making a silly game. The story is just plain stupid. The mechanics get old after a while. They could have done better. Deep Silver could have taken the game a little more serious. On the other hand, if you like silly a$$ games, they dontI liked all of the saints row games up until this one. It seems like the writers/developers were trying too hard to make something "unique" but ended up making a silly game. The story is just plain stupid. The mechanics get old after a while. They could have done better. Deep Silver could have taken the game a little more serious. On the other hand, if you like silly a$$ games, they dont get any sillier than this. Also, i usually dont care much about graphics but this looks like early 360 graphics. Coming off of playing Splinter Cell blacklist to playing this made it feel like i was playing a PS2 game. AI are also dumb. Really dumb. Expand
  3. Aug 24, 2013
    short game, worse than sr3 and thats saying alot i cant believe they would be so out of touch with their fans. if you like this game you are not true sr fan
  4. Aug 25, 2013
    Biggest letdown in the history of games. Saint's Row used to be a great series that you could have fun playing over and over again. This 'game' is noting more than something that should have been included on a dlc. No safe houses. Very few new anything as far as clothes or cars. Even took away the quick action melee combat. This so called game is not worth $10 brand new. Much less theBiggest letdown in the history of games. Saint's Row used to be a great series that you could have fun playing over and over again. This 'game' is noting more than something that should have been included on a dlc. No safe houses. Very few new anything as far as clothes or cars. Even took away the quick action melee combat. This so called game is not worth $10 brand new. Much less the ridiculous retail cost. Do not buy this. Period. Expand
  5. Sep 21, 2013
    Boring.....boring game...... I liked SR games in the past this is pure garbage!!!! This review needs150 characters so, Ill continue to say this game is boring.......... boring ..........boring....... boring................. will that do?????
  6. Feb 28, 2014
    Just traded this in. It's pretty bad. Got so bored with it after about five hours. It's just stupid with awful controls and combat. It's like a very poor mans crackdown. Saints row 1 & 2 were great as well. Such a shame.
  7. Sep 14, 2013
    ......Um......what. SRIV is the worst of the series by far it should have been a dlc for SR3 but no. Some of the powers are cool and costume designs but the graphics suck i think there was one mission i enjoyed. SRIV is not as good as SR2 or SR3. If you are looking for a retarded game with lots of violence and "things" I recommend the game "Deadpool". I give SR4 a, 4/10.
  8. Oct 13, 2013
    This game was not what I expected to it to be. First off it is basically SR3 with a few new features. You are still in the city of steelport, you still have basically the same guns from SR3 and the same activities. But with the introduction of super powers. Car customization is better than SR3, but whats the use of cars when you can run at super speed. But if you crave more of the SRThis game was not what I expected to it to be. First off it is basically SR3 with a few new features. You are still in the city of steelport, you still have basically the same guns from SR3 and the same activities. But with the introduction of super powers. Car customization is better than SR3, but whats the use of cars when you can run at super speed. But if you crave more of the SR universe and still wanna goof around with friends, then this game is good for that. Expand
  9. Sep 27, 2013
    This game is the shallowest in the series, originally slated as an expansion and that is where it should have stayed as chargeing full price for this game is criminal, even at $20 I would only consider this in a drought.

The game is an exact copy of the previous game, same city, characters, textures, everything. There is not a single improvement to be had and numerous shortcomings thanks to its bloated and padded gameplay. There is no plot what so ever, you become the president, in a quick 2 minute intro and then aliens invade. From there the gameplay and story ends, you spend the rest of the time meandering from one part of the city to the other hacking stores collecting mindlessly tedious data bits (a woefull attempt at crackdown orbs, there are 1200 just to annoy you) and repetitively killing the same sets of aliens in the same manner for the entirety of the game. There is absolutely no variance and nothing of substance. The only thing actually added to this poor entry in the series is the addition of super powers which do nothing but ruin previous aspects of the genre (traveling and combat). Instead of driving a car you just jump and glide and sprint from one end of the map to the other in seconds. This ease of movement removes any and all tactics or danger from combat completly. Couple these powers which let you escape any situation at any moment with the elemental and telekinetic abilities you acquire and the game really hits its monotonous stride.

For my entire play through the game my experience consisted of get quest,enter digital world, jump jump glide, arrive at location, hack shop, jump/glide to 2nd location kill batch of aliens(with ice blast and single pistol shot) sitting on the 25th bit of identical alien tech, exit the digital world and repeat.

Had the game been left as an expansion these repetitive bits would have been kept at a minimum and we would have mostly story and some actual depth within the game. However the choice to make it a fully fledged number in the series forces me to rate it the very worst in the saints row universe and not even worth picking up at bargain basement prices, with its distinct lack of respect for player time and intelligence.
  10. Jan 30, 2014
    Still has PS2 level graphics even though they have been doing this for nearly 7 years. Recycled city from the last game. Still has crappy car physics but not as bad as the first 2 games. Storyline is stale at best but has some interesting and goofy bits. Same elements from the third game but added new stuff. Very phony guns. But at least I like some of it.
  11. Nov 13, 2014
    I'm very disappointed, and I have to say it should of stayed a DLC. The map is the same, the storyline is short and bland, cars are useless due to use do the superpowers, it's just boring.
  12. Dec 5, 2015
    DLC of Saints row 3.This game sucks that has ruined the saga.It is totally absurd, it does not make sense. It looks like a **** dlc. $ 70 invested worst of my life

1. Hyper Magazine
    Oct 3, 2013
    It may not blow your mind graphically and has some niggling issues, but this is easily the most fun you can have with you clothes on, or pixelated off. [Nov 2013, p.60]
  2. games(TM)
    Sep 23, 2013
    Volition needs to plan its next steps carefully, or run the risk of losing the fan base it has worked so hard to claw away from those that didn't quite click with GTA IV. [Issue#139, p.86]
  3. Sep 20, 2013
    If it were released as a "mega expansion pack" Saints Row IV would have been a "must buy". As it is it can only be recommended to die-hard fans of the franchise.