7.6

1. Nov 15, 2011
    "Saint Row: The Third" is the craziest sandbox game i've played up to date. Those people who expect beautiful graphics and amazing story like "GTA 4" will either love or hate this, cause this is NOTHING like GTA. The story's got some unique missions but a decent story. The graphics aren't the best, but you can at least see it. The best thing for "SR 3" is the open world environment. ****"Saint Row: The Third" is the craziest sandbox game i've played up to date. Those people who expect beautiful graphics and amazing story like "GTA 4" will either love or hate this, cause this is NOTHING like GTA. The story's got some unique missions but a decent story. The graphics aren't the best, but you can at least see it. The best thing for "SR 3" is the open world environment. **** the cops, kill whores, dance with gay men...Everything IS POSSIBLE. Sex change? You got it. Running around naked while hitting pedestrians with a **** stick? You got it. Flying around with Jets blowing up **** You ****in got it! Overall the game is meant for you to enjoy and relax, to do stuff you never can do in reality. Have fun, fellow saints :)!!!! Expand
  2. Jul 11, 2013
    Honestly I though this game was messed up, it was very repetitive and boring after a while.The magic crap ruins the game to me.It was an okay game as we speak.
  3. Mar 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Saints Row is a great game to sit around and do extremely strange stuff in. Itâ Expand
  4. May 25, 2012
    The game is great, but I feel that there is less to explore not as much content as before. Even so what it lacks in longer story and more exploration it makes up in well....crazy sh***t so its worth every dollar. I highly recommend it to fans of senseless violence.
  5. Sep 30, 2014
    A massive step down from the amazing quality of Saints Row 2. It's certainly not a terrible game, but it's just simply not as fun or as unique as it's predecessor.
  6. Aug 14, 2014
    I walked in thinking Saints Row 3 was gonna be a blast. And it was, for the first 3 hours. The game throws everything at you, and you have tons of fun playing with them. But the novelty wears off when you realise you can access things really quickly. The shooting and driving is really fun, especially when you're in a helicopter. And it's really funny. But since you do things so much,I walked in thinking Saints Row 3 was gonna be a blast. And it was, for the first 3 hours. The game throws everything at you, and you have tons of fun playing with them. But the novelty wears off when you realise you can access things really quickly. The shooting and driving is really fun, especially when you're in a helicopter. And it's really funny. But since you do things so much, things get REALLY BORING, REALLY FAST! Expand
  7. Nov 21, 2011
    Saints Row the Third is a very fun sandbox game. It allows you to cause tons of chaos with your gang and customize them and your character a lot. That being said though I feel like the game is lacking the vast amount of content Saints Row 2 had. I don't feel like there are as many weapons and stores. To me it almost feels like they took away stuff so they could add it as dlc for later.Saints Row the Third is a very fun sandbox game. It allows you to cause tons of chaos with your gang and customize them and your character a lot. That being said though I feel like the game is lacking the vast amount of content Saints Row 2 had. I don't feel like there are as many weapons and stores. To me it almost feels like they took away stuff so they could add it as dlc for later. That being said though its a pretty fun game! Expand
  8. Nov 18, 2011
    I wasn't sure what to expect, but what I got was a trip down memory to the countless hours I spent being a nuisance to the citizens of GTA: San Andreas. This is my first Saint's Row, FYI. The story missions are somewhat interesting, but I've only done a couple so far. I'm having an incredible time just racing around doing side missions like "tank mayhem" where you, well, start mayhem in aI wasn't sure what to expect, but what I got was a trip down memory to the countless hours I spent being a nuisance to the citizens of GTA: San Andreas. This is my first Saint's Row, FYI. The story missions are somewhat interesting, but I've only done a couple so far. I'm having an incredible time just racing around doing side missions like "tank mayhem" where you, well, start mayhem in a tank and attempt to cause a certain dollar amount of damage. Then there is "Professor Gerki's Super Ethical Reality Climax" side missions. It is essentially a corridor shooter where you go through an obstacle course of fire, electricity and mascots trying to shoot or bludgeon you. Again, you need to get up to a certain dollar value of points to pass. It's definitely not for everyone, but I'm having a blast! Expand
  9. Nov 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let me start by saying I'm bout 20% of the way through this game so there's no huge spoiler here...
    This is easily the best Saints Row game available. Very over the top, even for Saints Row... which is why I'm a little disappointed. It looks amazing, very clean. Very FUN! The death of Johnny Gat hit me like the Death of Optimus Prime in the original Transformers movies from the 80s. ( Its in the first 10-20 or so minutes don't think I ruined your experience) The story has a good base, many of the activities return from the previous games. Some new ones like Tank Mayhem, are fun. All of the old faces are there, Shondi, Pierce, Gat, and some new faces which I think they made to much of a reach for. A wrestler (Voiced by Hulk Hogan), a pimp (who sounds like T-Pain & gets extremely irritating very quickly) and an EX FBI agent. All of which I THINK they could have done a better job on. The unlocks are all based on respect you now have to purchase them, which i think extends the game play the cars are great. They even brough on some actual Rim companies to make them more accurate and true to like looking(Lexani for one) A nice step up, but to far out in my opinion.
  10. Nov 24, 2011
    It has to be said, the parallels to the GTA series and it's ever familiar carjacking, cop shooting, gangbanging (bowling?) gameplay are no coincidence. But in my opinion, Saints Row: The Third is very much a worthy alternative to Rockstar's latest offering, for the most part - it was pretty clear from the beginning where Volition was taking The Third; over the top - wacky, creative,It has to be said, the parallels to the GTA series and it's ever familiar carjacking, cop shooting, gangbanging (bowling?) gameplay are no coincidence. But in my opinion, Saints Row: The Third is very much a worthy alternative to Rockstar's latest offering, for the most part - it was pretty clear from the beginning where Volition was taking The Third; over the top - wacky, creative, unadulterated, colourful fun (and all in co-op! Which is as fun as it has ever been) which for me, is why. After the incredible experience that was San Andreas, I was as excited as anyone about GTA IV. I played Saints Row and it was fun for what it was; a thinly veiled, cheap but admirably tongue in cheek GTA knock-off. And I, like a lot of people, was expecting a lot from IV. And in many ways, it delivered. But in my opinion, it missed the mark in so many others, but not to turn this into a review of GTA IV... My point is, Saints Row: The Third appeals to me because it really hits a lot of those marks GTA missed. The world is vibrant and colourful as opposed to GTA IV's washy pallet of browns and greys. The side activities at least seem worthwhile (again, bowling with Roman). The actual gameplay has improved a lot since Saints Row 2. Everything is a lot better, most notably the driving. The combat is fun and the weapons are satisfying enough. Explosions are beautiful to behold, in fact. And many of the control frustrations experienced in GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption are thankfully not a problem here. The game generally has a good sense of humour, if a little immature at times (the massive, floppy **** and balls **** bat falls into this category in my opinion) and most of the characters are enjoyable enough (although a few are just a little bit irritating, especially the pimp that talks in **** auto-tune). The story is predictably nothing incredible, what with having to hold together so many random gameplay elements, but it's enough, and when you're enjoying so many wacky co-op shenanigans, who cares? This isn't GTA, after all. And if you enjoyed Saints Row 2, you'll know what to expect.

But as someone that really enjoyed Saints Row 2, I have a couple of small complaints. One of the fun things about Saints Row 2 was the insane amount of customisation options you could play with. Everything from your character's appearance and some fun characteristics to giving your car a tacky spoiler and retractable **** wheel scythes, chariot style. However, in The Third, Volition have sadly watered this down somewhat. Clothing is now mostly bought in outfits and aside from the predictable wacky mascot and ninja costumes there are seemingly nowhere near as many options. You can run around looking stupid but I'll bet it won't be your carefully crafted stupid, just the bright pink mascot costume you've resorted to because nothing else appealed. And I could swear there are a couple of duplicated items with different names... The car customisation offers about the same level of possibilities. The only notable additions, aside from the new cars and their options, is neon under glow and a couple of licensed bits and pieces that to me seem out of place, as someone cynical about advertising and product placement, which isn't limited to the garage, tsk tsk... And you still can't so much as change the colour of any air or water vehicles. Although it is still hilariously called 'Rim-Jobs'... It's also lacking the constant rewards you used to get upon completing the many activities, as well as ditching the eight levels format. Although the upgrades system is undeniably good.

If I have to give it a number, it'll be a seven. It's worth playing, more so with a buddy. But as much as an improvement on the series as it is, I can't help but feel like it abandoned at least a couple of the things that made me such a fan of the last game. And chances are a fourth Saints Row would be even more of a departure... I'm sure I'll still have plenty of fun with this though, and I'm sure most of you would too.
  11. Nov 23, 2011
    I basically was able to create my own intense 30 min Micheal Bay action sequence in co-op with 5-star STAG and Gang notoriety. It was incredible. We weren't even doing anything related to game except simply messing around in world making up our own rules and objectives (get the to airport in tanks). There is no other game that can offer these kinds of experiences, its in a league all ofI basically was able to create my own intense 30 min Micheal Bay action sequence in co-op with 5-star STAG and Gang notoriety. It was incredible. We weren't even doing anything related to game except simply messing around in world making up our own rules and objectives (get the to airport in tanks). There is no other game that can offer these kinds of experiences, its in a league all of its own, and simply put, the best openworld-SANDBOX game I've ever played. Expand
  12. Dec 1, 2011
    For months we were dripfed snippets of demented carnage sprinkled with **** bats and psycho cats. Journalists crawled back from previews, blood pouring from their noses, gasping of the insanity of the game we were about to be exposed to. "Jesus, this game is insane", they gibbered. "You are about to go FULL RETARD for this game". Then gouged out their own eyes and began to worshipFor months we were dripfed snippets of demented carnage sprinkled with **** bats and psycho cats. Journalists crawled back from previews, blood pouring from their noses, gasping of the insanity of the game we were about to be exposed to. "Jesus, this game is insane", they gibbered. "You are about to go FULL RETARD for this game". Then gouged out their own eyes and began to worship c'thulhu.

And now we've got it.

Welllllll... it isn't really insane, is it? The promises of a rocket-ride of utterly original gameplay are, at best, scandalous exaggeration. It doesn't even have many activities that aren't copied wholesale from Saint's Row 2. In fact, this is a very down-to-earth sequel to a great game. It's very, very good, but it's linear. It's grounded. It's a lot of respectable things that it's put a lot of effort pretending not to be, just so people will think they'll like it on a very superficial level.

It's like a guy at a party who everyone describes as CRAZY. He isn't crazy, is he, he's an accountant who sings unaccompanied karaoke when he's drunk and introduces himself with pencils up his nose. In fact, you wouldn't even want to spend that much time with him. And so it is with Saint's Row.

Of course all of this is coloured by the recent gaming landscape. SR3 was released a week after Skyrim, a game which contrasts the crazy accountant by sitting quietly in the corner sipping good scotch and charming the underwear off all present with modest tales of its adventures exploring the continent.

And they'll all be true.

Saint's Row 3, when I think about it, is best described as epic marketing effort and bad release timing conspiring to improbably replace what should have been a lovely surprise with a vague feeling of disappointment. And guilt at being such a spoiled brat for being disappointed with what is, after all, a very good game. If I'd paid twenty pounds for it, I would have loved it. Unfortunately I paid thirty-five, and feel a little shortchanged.
  13. Nov 21, 2011
    Ok I will start saying this is the best SR of the series. Graphics arent superb but are way better than previous. Car handling, respect, character upgrade, melee combat, sound, and vehicles have been really improved and there is not a single boring mission this time arround, but they are less and the game its really short if you ignore side missions and activities. Really loved it.
  14. Nov 20, 2011
    Bought this on Friday night. I have to say i was disappointed at first due to the poor framerate and ropey driving animations, but it grew on me eventually. Very OTT which is by no means a bad thing and a wealth of customisable options. Recommended for the gamer who's looking to pass a few days before going back to MW3 again
  15. Nov 21, 2011
    Great game!! Loads of fun with plenty to do!! Missions are crazy, reason it doesnt get a full 10 is there is no car showrooms or bike showroom where u can purchase vehicles like you could in saints 2 and no spinner wheels or car hydrolics which is i think a step back as were both featured in the previous games !!
  16. Nov 22, 2011
    Saints Row: The Third is a bad-ass game. This is what all the GTA fans can do while waiting for GTA5. It's certainly better than GTA4 in my opinion. The humor, gameplay, and straight-up raucous fun, will have you playing this game for hours!
  17. Nov 23, 2011
    Saint's Row: the Third is a fun, chaotic sandbox game with plenty of potential. The Co-op is easy and intuitive, allowing for 2 player open world play, co-op activities and campaign missions. The campaign missions are fun and unique, though the story seems a bit weak compared to previous games. The game overall is great, though it does have it's problems.

I was quite disappointed by

I was quite disappointed by some of the changes Volition decided to go with for Saint's Row: the Third. Many of my favourite activities from SR2 have been removed such as Fuzz, Septic Avenger and Fight Club, though Professor Genki's S.E.R.C. and Tank Mayhem are welcome additions.

My biggest complaint though is how much they have reduced the customization options since the previous game. It feels like a step backwords with the reduced options.

The Character body sliders have been removed, instead replaced with the Skinny/Fat/Strong triangle style body selector. Ability modifiers such as dual wielding are permanent, once you can dual wield, you always dual wield. There is no option of selecting 1 or 2 guns like in SR2 and the weapon selection is much less diverse.

Several clothing layers have been removed, replaced with preset clothing combinations instead. If you want a specific shirt/coat option you better hope that someone at volition wanted it as well or you are out of luck. Gone are the 4 layer torso options, ability to have multiple rings or piercings, etc... Also the selection of clothes seems quite limited, with many of the NPCs having much better options then the player is given.

Vehicles have also been affected by this with the removal of Spinners and hydraulics and vehicles that were previously customizable can no longer be upgraded such as the Bear APC. I was really hoping for an expansion of the customization options, maybe allowing boats and planes to be customized, but instead they decided to reduce the player's options rather then expand them.
  18. Dec 11, 2011
    I was expecting a little bit more of a badass feel. That said, it was a hell of a good time. It kept the laughs coming. With the obvious exception of there being way too many **** Customization is awesome, which is what GTA lacks in. You can style your character, weapons, and most importantly, your ride, to the way you want it. The opposing gangs are a little corny. I didn't like theI was expecting a little bit more of a badass feel. That said, it was a hell of a good time. It kept the laughs coming. With the obvious exception of there being way too many **** Customization is awesome, which is what GTA lacks in. You can style your character, weapons, and most importantly, your ride, to the way you want it. The opposing gangs are a little corny. I didn't like the Luchadores (a gang of wrestlers) especially when I found out they were basically the main antagonists. The extras like the activities, assassinations, vehicle thefts, etc. were cool and I enjoy the expanded array of vehicles, with a few zany additions. The one thing that kept me from voting it a 9 was the ability to make your character completely invincible with enough money. That's kind of stupid. Expand
  19. Nov 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am actually going to give this a 9, a 10 is in order but it is still very similar to Saint's Row 2 just different city. To all the people trying to compare it to GTA, just stop. This game is Saints Row, Volition even said themselves that they want to take the GTA genre and give it what people want. The ability to do whatever they want. Over the top wacky things! Did they deliver? Yes, Yes they did. Prof. Genki is AWESOME and actually challenging. The weapons are awesome, the customization is more in depth. Still would like to see some more added features to car customization though. That would make me a happy panda!

BTW, I marked this as containing spoilers due to the mention of Prof. Genki and the activities being a little challenging. Not really a spoiler but some crymores might think so!
  20. Dec 20, 2011
    This game is no where near as crazy as it would like to be, and it doesnt live up to any of the hype that came before it. But that doesnt take anything away from what is a great action game with some truely spectacular set peices. The voice acting is much better than some AAA titles out there and the story isnt to bad either. But its anything but original. Its worth a place in your gameThis game is no where near as crazy as it would like to be, and it doesnt live up to any of the hype that came before it. But that doesnt take anything away from what is a great action game with some truely spectacular set peices. The voice acting is much better than some AAA titles out there and the story isnt to bad either. But its anything but original. Its worth a place in your game collection just to get away from all those serious time consuming titles that are without a doubt in everyones collection. Great stress buster too!! Expand
  21. Nov 17, 2011
    Great game, lots of fun and epic randomness. That's what this game is, and the game is good at it. Sadly, no larger scale co-op, or competitive mp modes, so that part feels like a bit of a step back. It's fun, though, and that's what it aims to be.
  22. Nov 15, 2011
    Saints Row: The Third hits more than it misses, but unfortunately it ended up a victim of it's own immense hype, and while it is a fantastic game, ultimately Saints Row 2 is the best of the series, as 'The Third' iteration of this series, the game play has been seen in all the hilarious videos, **** bats, man-o-canons, etc but the overall repetitive nature of the side missions remains andSaints Row: The Third hits more than it misses, but unfortunately it ended up a victim of it's own immense hype, and while it is a fantastic game, ultimately Saints Row 2 is the best of the series, as 'The Third' iteration of this series, the game play has been seen in all the hilarious videos, **** bats, man-o-canons, etc but the overall repetitive nature of the side missions remains and the story is somewhat weaker than the second, but story only serves to give backdrop to the fantastic world that is the city of Steelport. The game is fantastic, and well worth your money, but unfortunately it did fall short of a perfect sequel to the already fantastic game that was Saints Row 2, and it's enormous expectations led to the game feeling somewhat less than what many may have expected. BUY IT. Expand
  23. Nov 17, 2011
    The game is decent however it falls short when compared to a lot of the other sandbox games. Not very original and the game is quite short. Graphics seem dated and there seems to be no true character development throughout the story
  24. Nov 20, 2011
    Saints Row the third is undoubtedly the best in the series, the story is exactly what the developers intended it to be, ridiculous, stupid fun. There a lot of parodies/references to other games,movies,pop cultures etc.. Some people complain about the customization being less than SR2 and greatly misguided, i didnt notice anything missing, the characters look much better than SR2 and if youSaints Row the third is undoubtedly the best in the series, the story is exactly what the developers intended it to be, ridiculous, stupid fun. There a lot of parodies/references to other games,movies,pop cultures etc.. Some people complain about the customization being less than SR2 and greatly misguided, i didnt notice anything missing, the characters look much better than SR2 and if you make a female custom they look much better than they did in SR2. The Control scheme see's some changes to more popular shooters(call of duty) because they changed melee to click Right stick (RS), aim in to left trigger (LT) but bennefit the game greatly my only complaint i helicopter driving being just as bad as SR2, the got the gunning right but altitude changing is annoying on face buttons and should be the Left and Right bumpers. Gameplays an 8
    Story gets a 7
    Graphics are 8
    replay Value: 9
  25. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is the most fun off the wall redicilous fun game ever put out on the x box. I would recomend this game to anyone who wants to have st back and have some fun
  26. Nov 21, 2011
    A dirty, violent and overall fantastic sandbox game. This is no GTA and thats an accomplishment in it's self, While the graphics leave something to be desired they do not detract from the overall experience of the game which in the end is solely built for the gamer to truly have fun. Co-op works flawlessly and sharing the ridiculousness of Saints Row: The Third with someone else isA dirty, violent and overall fantastic sandbox game. This is no GTA and thats an accomplishment in it's self, While the graphics leave something to be desired they do not detract from the overall experience of the game which in the end is solely built for the gamer to truly have fun. Co-op works flawlessly and sharing the ridiculousness of Saints Row: The Third with someone else is fantastic. The game does not take itself serious and the references to other games will get a chuckle of almost any gamer. Saints Row: The Third is a fun comedic experience that fans of sandbox games shouldn't miss. Expand
  27. Nov 18, 2011
    Thin on plot,but that makes up for it in the fun factor. I don't normally laugh out loud at a game, but some of the things you do, or see are just so hilarious that you have to.
  28. Nov 22, 2011
    Out of all the games that have come up since fall, this is by far one of my favorites, it's neck and neck with Batman and Skyrim. I don't think I've ever laughed so much or as hard playing this game as anything else. I love the fact that you can do anything you want in this game, and some of my favorite moments have come from screwing around in the city, and not doing any real missions -Out of all the games that have come up since fall, this is by far one of my favorites, it's neck and neck with Batman and Skyrim. I don't think I've ever laughed so much or as hard playing this game as anything else. I love the fact that you can do anything you want in this game, and some of my favorite moments have come from screwing around in the city, and not doing any real missions - although the campaign is epic, too. It's a true sandbox title and I love the fact that it plays like an RPG where not only do you build how the character looks, but also your weapon upgrades, perks, and skills. Co-op is absolutely brilliant and increases the fun-factor ten fold. I've already put over 40 hours into the game and have over half the missions left. Love it!!! Expand
  29. Nov 15, 2011
    I cannot find more than two things that i don't like about the game. One, slightly over the line in terms of vulgarness and violence, but that is what saints row is about. Two, the makers could have spent a little bit more time on the plot of the game, however saints row lets you create your own character and actions. A great free play game with much better graphics than last game. If youI cannot find more than two things that i don't like about the game. One, slightly over the line in terms of vulgarness and violence, but that is what saints row is about. Two, the makers could have spent a little bit more time on the plot of the game, however saints row lets you create your own character and actions. A great free play game with much better graphics than last game. If you liked the past Saints rows, you will love this one. Expand
  30. Nov 16, 2011
    As over the top as the first two - some great set pieces, and some awesome action. The creation mode had my "Tobias Funke" clone on the streets slapping down fools and jacking cars in style in no time. The UAV mode is pretty damn cool - and I also really dug the skydiving and flying parts. Great graphics, top notch voice acting - but I can't help but feel that there could have been aAs over the top as the first two - some great set pieces, and some awesome action. The creation mode had my "Tobias Funke" clone on the streets slapping down fools and jacking cars in style in no time. The UAV mode is pretty damn cool - and I also really dug the skydiving and flying parts. Great graphics, top notch voice acting - but I can't help but feel that there could have been a little more variety of radio stations.. already very sick of Kanye's "Power." Expand
  31. Nov 17, 2011
    This game is fun and crayzie like everyone says but it feels too much like SR2. The graphics are almost the same , the gameplay mechanics still feel clunky, Not to mention this is a very glitchy game. I really expect a little more from SR3.
  32. Nov 19, 2011
    Saints Row: The Third is concluded into one word "chaos", many games limit you to what you can do and what you have to do, but in saints row the third, the possibility is limitless, you can go on a mission to escort your friends while shooting from the window or simply fly a chopter and blow everyone up, you can customize your character anyway you want, wear any clothes or if any at all.Saints Row: The Third is concluded into one word "chaos", many games limit you to what you can do and what you have to do, but in saints row the third, the possibility is limitless, you can go on a mission to escort your friends while shooting from the window or simply fly a chopter and blow everyone up, you can customize your character anyway you want, wear any clothes or if any at all. Vehicle customization, weapon upgrade and character upgrade really put you in alot of time to earn money to buy all those. All the activities and collectable will kept you occupied for quite some time even though activities will feel like playing the same thing over and over. Coop is very fun, while roaming the chaotic city of steelport and destroying everything in the way. The story plot was short but does offer a decent storyline. Graphics will not have alot of changes but who cares about graphics when you have a war going on. They also adding reference from other series to make saints row the third more hilarious. Overall the game is very fun alone or with a friend, all those customization will kept you busy for a long time, the storyline might seem abit too short but its great, this game is a must buy. Expand
  33. Nov 17, 2011
    Beat the game within 2 days of owning it. Co-op works great that is IF you have a person to play with because the "Steam Matchmaking" option does not work at all so its impossible to find anyone else to play with unless they are friends. Have done all the content in the game and it was fun for the time, This is a game to be played casually with a friends and just to do random stuff onBeat the game within 2 days of owning it. Co-op works great that is IF you have a person to play with because the "Steam Matchmaking" option does not work at all so its impossible to find anyone else to play with unless they are friends. Have done all the content in the game and it was fun for the time, This is a game to be played casually with a friends and just to do random stuff on which is a fun time waster and also show-off you character and customization. Expand
  34. Nov 18, 2011
    No complaints at all this time around...much improved over the previous. Co-op play is great. Granted, the DLC will get expensive, but I have enough content to keep me easily content for now.
  35. Nov 20, 2011
    After Yahtzee Croshaw's review of SR2, I decided to give it a try. I loved it: the sandbox feel of GTA without having to cart around your annoying cousin. So of course I would pick up Saints Row: The Third. No super cathartic emotional story-lines here, which is fine. The game is fun for the sake of fun. The weapons upgrade system, as well as the character upgrade system is surprisinglyAfter Yahtzee Croshaw's review of SR2, I decided to give it a try. I loved it: the sandbox feel of GTA without having to cart around your annoying cousin. So of course I would pick up Saints Row: The Third. No super cathartic emotional story-lines here, which is fine. The game is fun for the sake of fun. The weapons upgrade system, as well as the character upgrade system is surprisingly deep. The gameplay is over-the-top, and I've logged nearly 20 hours and I've yet to obtain 100% (despite what most negative reviews are saying, the game is not that short, considering all of the missions, activities, collectibles, easter eggs, scrambled eggs, eggs & bacon, Kevin Bacon, etc.). Graphics aren't incredible, but they serve the game, and out of vehicle movement doesn't always feel the tightest. However, if I were to change just one thing about this game, it would be the controller configuration. SPECIFICALLY: The button to hold in order to revive homies=Y. The button to enter vehicles=Y. The button to access crib menus=Y. The button to open doors=X...just kidding. It's Y. This causes for some small, but unnecessary frustrations. For instance, you better hope your buddy isn't bleeding out adjacent to any cars, or else you'll be leaving his ass behind, rightfully so for what he did to you five minutes ago with that purple-shafty thing.
    SR3's strongest feature is the Co-op. Play the game with your friend for some hilarity and fun. Smash him with a **** call an airstrike on him, steal his car via remote control. Cooperatively, you will be able to play all of the missions and activities, but you will want to also explore/destroy the city too. Isn't that the point of a sandbox in the first place? You may be bogged down with games from the fall; 2011 has seen it's share of great games released. However, if you won't pick it up because you are waiting for GTA V, you are only cheating yourself, and I almost feel bad for you. Almost.
    P.S. I would gladly give the game a 9.5, but apparently whole numbers is the way to go, so 10 it is!
  36. Nov 21, 2011
    Excellent game overall, the main story line took me around 15 hours to complete. Fair enough it's quite short but I'd much prefer it to be this short and amazing story rather than a long story and not as good story. One last thing I was slightly disappointed about was the fact I was hoping for 4 player co-op and it only has two player. At the end of the day I am a huge fan of the SaintsExcellent game overall, the main story line took me around 15 hours to complete. Fair enough it's quite short but I'd much prefer it to be this short and amazing story rather than a long story and not as good story. One last thing I was slightly disappointed about was the fact I was hoping for 4 player co-op and it only has two player. At the end of the day I am a huge fan of the Saints Row series and I would rate this game 9.8 Expand
  37. May 23, 2012
    I really liked Saints Row and Saints Row 2 but this game is just absurd. If you like crazy gameplay with no real sense than this game is for you, but just not for me. Sorry but they overdone this third part in my opinion, i like fun and joke sand everything but this was too much. There is also not very much to do and you are through it very fast and i was very disappointed as a fan of theI really liked Saints Row and Saints Row 2 but this game is just absurd. If you like crazy gameplay with no real sense than this game is for you, but just not for me. Sorry but they overdone this third part in my opinion, i like fun and joke sand everything but this was too much. There is also not very much to do and you are through it very fast and i was very disappointed as a fan of the previous games. The only thing they made better are the graphics, the AI, the gameplay, the plot, the weapons and the whole city just got worse and short. What a pity! I wanted this so bad but this game is simply a shame for the series. Expand
  38. Nov 25, 2011
    If you liked No 2,your sure to love this game also.Theres alot of very cool moments in the game.Great to see it still has Co-Op.That really sets this game apart from other sanddbox games,with maybe the exception of Crackdown & makes it a whole lotta more fun.The graphics,car handling & engine sounds have been improved,which is good,because thats where the game needed work.Dont get me wrongIf you liked No 2,your sure to love this game also.Theres alot of very cool moments in the game.Great to see it still has Co-Op.That really sets this game apart from other sanddbox games,with maybe the exception of Crackdown & makes it a whole lotta more fun.The graphics,car handling & engine sounds have been improved,which is good,because thats where the game needed work.Dont get me wrong though,the car handling still needs more work,with attention needed specifically to throttle control,because,well,you dont have much control over it.You seem to be either accelerating or Decelerating.Its difficult to maintain the speed you want,but i dont want to use cruise control,as theres too much traffic & stopping & starting for that.Also,while the engine sound is improved,its continually going up a gear through seemingly endless gears while you have the accelerator down..Now if they could make the handling like GTA 4,that would be perfect! Another criticism,is that they've gone way too over the top with the 'Zany'ness.Maybe they've done it as a knee-jerk reaction to the criticism that GTAIV was TOO serious(something that i didn't mind btw),but they've gone too much the other way in this game..Its out of place in a GTA style game thats about gang Warfare,so would like to see a more serious tone in the next game please.I mean Hoverbikes,& Big gloves that allow you to puch cars into the air & the Hyper reality show? C'mon on! TOO much... There doesnt seem to be as much of a choice with clothing as the last game either. So while this is a game thats not without its faults,all in all though,this game is alot of fun,& theres planty to do in it.Just hope they tone down the crazyness in the next one Expand
  39. dz9
    Jan 14, 2012
    Yes this game does get a 10, but keep in mind that I don't put this on the same scale as Battlefield or Mass Effect, it is a 10 FOR WHAT IT IS. And what it is, is a fun, action packed, crazy, insane, funny, thrilling experience, what more can you ask for in a game. The only small gripe I have is that the tone is drastically different from the previous two SR titles. Whereas the last twoYes this game does get a 10, but keep in mind that I don't put this on the same scale as Battlefield or Mass Effect, it is a 10 FOR WHAT IT IS. And what it is, is a fun, action packed, crazy, insane, funny, thrilling experience, what more can you ask for in a game. The only small gripe I have is that the tone is drastically different from the previous two SR titles. Whereas the last two titles were realistic gang GTA clones, this one is a unique and fictional fantasy war. This is what real gaming should be, it completely immerses us in it. It lets us unleash the thug part in all of us. This game has hours upon hours of side quests and content in general and there is never a dull moment. The Good: Unique, and just simply....fun. The Bad: The graphics lack slightly. In the End: Don't pick up this game expecting a realistic gang simulation, this game throws reality out of the window and puts a fun action packed joy ride in its place! Expand
  40. Nov 28, 2011
    The open world genre is suppost to do one thing only, Show the player a good time. And let me tell you, Saints Row The Third is not just a good time, but one of the best games this year. The action is fast paced and funny. While this game could be considered a GTA clone, It is a good one. GTA was too serious this game kind of doesnt care. If you are reading this GET THIS GAME
  41. Dec 16, 2011
    I've play a few sheer minutes of Saints Row 1 and 2 then decided to pick this game up for a try. And I have to say, it is extremely fun, and has provided me with hours of entertainment. I feel like I'm playing GTA4 with hacks and cheats, it's overall a ton of fun, and I can't put it down for more than a few hours. The story is lacking, but the missions themselves are fun, and entertaining.I've play a few sheer minutes of Saints Row 1 and 2 then decided to pick this game up for a try. And I have to say, it is extremely fun, and has provided me with hours of entertainment. I feel like I'm playing GTA4 with hacks and cheats, it's overall a ton of fun, and I can't put it down for more than a few hours. The story is lacking, but the missions themselves are fun, and entertaining. And there is a mode called "Whored mode" where you fight waves of well, random **** Every wave is different and unique in it's own way, and that mode alone has kept me coming back to the game. Expand
  42. Dec 6, 2011
    Saints Row the third is what GTA should be. The game don't pretend to be realistic, and give a very great dose of fun, laugh and adrenaline. If the storyline is somehow short, the sandbox city is large enough to bring a lot of amusing playtime.
  43. Nov 25, 2011
    Off the wall style sums this game up. Does that equal a great game? No. Push all the wackyness and over the top missions, the game falls short on both length and variety. Customization is there but it's nothing compared to Saints Row 2. The world itself is not that big compared to the previous releases. After playing and beating it, I felt as if though the game was a base for futureOff the wall style sums this game up. Does that equal a great game? No. Push all the wackyness and over the top missions, the game falls short on both length and variety. Customization is there but it's nothing compared to Saints Row 2. The world itself is not that big compared to the previous releases. After playing and beating it, I felt as if though the game was a base for future dlc and was meant to be short. There are better games out there, wait till a bundle comes out because this game is not worth over 50 US dollars. Expand
  44. Dec 26, 2011
    Having played SR and SR2, Saints Row the Third leaves me sort of frustrated. SR3 introduces its own fresh style gameplay, the combat system is better than ever and the new activities like tiger escort and Genki S.E.R.C are ridiculously fun. Gang operations, improved driving, and crazy new weapons and vehicles are the ****. The easy to access cell phone make many previous features nowHaving played SR and SR2, Saints Row the Third leaves me sort of frustrated. SR3 introduces its own fresh style gameplay, the combat system is better than ever and the new activities like tiger escort and Genki S.E.R.C are ridiculously fun. Gang operations, improved driving, and crazy new weapons and vehicles are the ****. The easy to access cell phone make many previous features now easier to access and Co-op is still fun as ever. The craziness of the game is definitely the highlight. for example I found myself at one point defending a costume shop with a purple **** fighting waves of mascots that drove golf carts and smart cars. Oh, and the awesome button, is AWESOME. However, the game's story goes from good in the first half to terrible in the second half. The voice acting is excellent (especially with the 1st female voice) but direction they went with some characters annoys me and the game is entirely too short. I still have not beat SR2 completion-wise, I already have 100% completion and all achievements in SR3 in just over 30 hours. They also took out some very fun activities like crowd control, septic avenger (which is sort of replaced by tank mayhem now), fuzz, and fight club. Though they may have added new customization they took some out at the same time like layering clothes and more but you'll still find something you like. There are also some small things they took out that just pisses me off like the ability to pick up and throw objects and the ability to replay missions, additionally, the game still has some bugs. The game expanded well in some areas but lost some of what made SR2 fun. In SR2 there were 3 distinct gangs but in SR3 it feels like there is only one big gang. Despite these problems, I found myself constantly having driving down the street blowing the **** out of everything and also making a second profile on the game and quite frankly the game was still tons of fun. SR3 is a breath of fresh air in the open world franchise. If you have played SR2 you may find yourself disappointed and feeling a little empty in some areas, but, if this is your first time to the series be prepared to have tons of crazy, over-the-top action and many hours of gut-busting fun. Expand
  45. Feb 10, 2012
    Saints Row: The Third is a game that doesn't take itself seriously....and that's why it's so great. It is over the top done right, and games were made to not take itself seriously in the first place. I love the cast of characters and it's a game i would recommend. Buy one, no hell buy 2 so you can give one to your friend and you can both destroy the city in style.
  46. Feb 13, 2012
    Same as skyrim. Really good as saints 2 was. Big city to **** about in lots of far fetched **** thats just ****ing hilarious to play through like a big sky fortress hovering over the city and you have to destroy it or jumping through the **** of a flying plane while skydiving or unleashing gas that creates zombies which later you can use to get a horde of the undead. Only thing thatSame as skyrim. Really good as saints 2 was. Big city to **** about in lots of far fetched **** thats just ****ing hilarious to play through like a big sky fortress hovering over the city and you have to destroy it or jumping through the **** of a flying plane while skydiving or unleashing gas that creates zombies which later you can use to get a horde of the undead. Only thing that disappointed was the lack of variety in the fact you had 2 guns in each section about 5 melee weapons and a couple of special guns, the upgrade system didnt really make it any more diverse same goes for planes and cars i was hoping you'd add a bit more in those columns but I suppose you can't get everything. Oh yeah and you disappointed me with the online passes and the dlc which would be worth it but is just that tiny bit over the top expensive for me to buy. Like paying for invincibility and unlimited ammo, really? Expand
  47. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm f@$in jazzed - what an escape from the doldrums of daily life and a nagging wife. Love it! Not a bad story and plot, great new cast of murderous characters. The humor is spot on most of the time, and a bit lame in a still funny way at others. Nice job on the trilogy THQ!
  48. Nov 22, 2011
    What we have here is a real passion for what everyone wants out of an open world game,except people that don't know anything about gaming.Fun,brilliance a luxury in gaming where the games released in 2011 are the best yet to ever be released.What a year,we still have around 40 days left too.This game has it all,depth,excitement,great graphics,insane replay factor,co-op mode that is to dieWhat we have here is a real passion for what everyone wants out of an open world game,except people that don't know anything about gaming.Fun,brilliance a luxury in gaming where the games released in 2011 are the best yet to ever be released.What a year,we still have around 40 days left too.This game has it all,depth,excitement,great graphics,insane replay factor,co-op mode that is to die for,but to just play this game solo is worth the price of admission and everything else is just a bonus.This game is so good that it makes you want to dust off your Saint's Row 1 and 2 to play them some more.Some people probably aren't even done with Saint's Row 2.60 dollars for this much content is a gift to gamer's,I tip my hat to you Volition!Perfect 10 Expand
  49. Nov 16, 2011
    Such a well scripted game. This will be the first game you play that you will laugh out loud at while playing! I love the zanyness of this franchise and with the DLC, should give the upcoming GTA V a run for its money, at least make Rockstar really focus on improving their franchise. Buy Saints Row the Third, it will not disappoint! 8/10.
  50. Jan 5, 2012
    Many freezes, crashes, bugs and problems make this title a bad thing to get for $60. This game also has DLC, however, the DLC is already on disk. Also the bugs can cause major problems to your system. Stay clear and wait for the bargan bin. Dont get me wrong, its good, but not that good. I loved SR1 and 2 but this is NOT good. Also the stuff you may see on the case such as the man a pultMany freezes, crashes, bugs and problems make this title a bad thing to get for $60. This game also has DLC, however, the DLC is already on disk. Also the bugs can cause major problems to your system. Stay clear and wait for the bargan bin. Dont get me wrong, its good, but not that good. I loved SR1 and 2 but this is NOT good. Also the stuff you may see on the case such as the man a pult car is not in the game, its for pre order people. Expand
  51. Nov 15, 2011
    Loving The Third! They've tightened the game controls up which is a big plus. Amusing, creative, humorous, and now **solid play**, which is a big plus. This will consume a lot of my time over the next few months...
  52. Nov 15, 2011
    Finally i played this game and fulfilled my expectations more than i thought. SR The third isnt probably the best game i played this year but its the funniest. With cool and hilarious dialogs and innovated facts that makes my dreams come true. btw.. i played like 4 hours yesterday doing 3 missions and crazy **** and i got like 5% of the game. So i hope it keeps taking this longer. Thanks!
  53. Jan 14, 2012
    Saints Row 3?, More like Saints Row 2.5 ,because this game feels like nothing more than a big DLC filled with a lifeless city, choppy AI, and the absolute worst storyline in the series. And that is saying alot because the first two games were amazing, and had balance. The only improvement they made was the graphics, and the **** QTE. This game really tries too hard to be over the top and iSaints Row 3?, More like Saints Row 2.5 ,because this game feels like nothing more than a big DLC filled with a lifeless city, choppy AI, and the absolute worst storyline in the series. And that is saying alot because the first two games were amazing, and had balance. The only improvement they made was the graphics, and the **** QTE. This game really tries too hard to be over the top and i cant comprehend why this game got critical acclaim. The critics obviously didnt play passed the first 3 or 4 hrs. As a Saints Row fan im extremely dissappointed because i expected better of Voilition. My advice is to not buy this game and just rent it. If you want a good SR game then buy SR2, its like 20 dollars now. Im mad i preordered this trash. SR4 will definitely be coming from gamefly for me. Expand
  54. Nov 16, 2011
    Simply amazing. This is one of those gems that may not have the best graphics, but is so much FUN to play. I love all the different kinds of missions, and the voice acting is top notch. The only thing that puts a sour taste in my mouth is all this DLC released on launch day. Tons of this nickle and dime DLC after i just paid $60 is unfortunate.
  55. Nov 21, 2011
    What a crazy game, one minute your flying round on a motorbike the next your driving a tank around trying to cause as much destruction as possible!! The graphics could be better, but they have spent more time on the story and to me this has shown. I also like how the gangs are set up on the game, being able to go from crib to crib then change your vehicles in the garage to make the colourWhat a crazy game, one minute your flying round on a motorbike the next your driving a tank around trying to cause as much destruction as possible!! The graphics could be better, but they have spent more time on the story and to me this has shown. I also like how the gangs are set up on the game, being able to go from crib to crib then change your vehicles in the garage to make the colour scheme the same as your gangs colours! Expand
  56. Nov 21, 2011
    Finally a game that is not wasted on realism! Saint Row: The Third is a nice brake from trying to make everything look real and must save the world plot lines. I spent over an hour customizing my character in the character station. I only wish they would of added things like wings, devil tails and robot appendages. I was so close to making nightcrawler from x-men LOL. Leveling up items inFinally a game that is not wasted on realism! Saint Row: The Third is a nice brake from trying to make everything look real and must save the world plot lines. I spent over an hour customizing my character in the character station. I only wish they would of added things like wings, devil tails and robot appendages. I was so close to making nightcrawler from x-men LOL. Leveling up items in the game made the game lasted longer. The story was much better this time around even though the plot was out in space. Saints Row: The Third is nothing like GTA 4 you can't compare something that is so out there to something that was trying to be ground in reality. I would of gave a high score if they added a longer campaign and crazier weapons like the sonic boom. However Saints Row: The Third is on track and I can't wait for the Fourth. As for the DLC I wouldn't mind paying if it added new customization, weapons and more campaign time. Expand
  57. Nov 22, 2011
    Was surprised by how much this game really strayed away from the Grand Theft Auto formula. There's better story here and so much more to do in the world rather than doing simple missions that really have no point. Believe me, this game is even more violent than GTA!
  58. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is fun if you have no taste for plot and realism, however i do. In this game you type in cheats and mindlessly go around blowing innocent people's heads off. The plot is poorly made and there is little improvement on the graphics from the last one. However it is fun once in a while (just as i said before) to mindlessly blow someone's head off. That is why this game is a sandbox,This game is fun if you have no taste for plot and realism, however i do. In this game you type in cheats and mindlessly go around blowing innocent people's heads off. The plot is poorly made and there is little improvement on the graphics from the last one. However it is fun once in a while (just as i said before) to mindlessly blow someone's head off. That is why this game is a sandbox, so if you like running around naked beating people up with **** this game is right for you. Expand
  59. Nov 15, 2011
    Tried it out at a friend's house. Too crazy for me, almost chaotic, but that is why it is fun too. Just not for me, reminds me of GTA just too ridiculous.
  60. Nov 15, 2011
    For PC version
    For PC version
    Found this game to be great. Dosent take itself to seriously but is uber fun to play. Takes all the good things from SR2 and expands on them while delivering a much better, stable game on PC. The overall map is a little smaller than in SR2 but bigger than the first one, while I would have liked a little more room after awhile you don't really notice. Also more cartoony than the first two (which I belive is a good thing). Controls are decent for PC, driving is ok and not too jerky while other modes are even better (Helis) My only complaint is jets, using WSAD is alittle awkward so i use a controller for those moments. Like other reviews say this is not GTA but I think its MUCH better and alot more fun.
  61. Nov 15, 2011
    The game is absolutely over the top, and I'm loving it. While other games have become a bit stale *cough* MW3 *cough*, this game has actually found its stride with its third release. The world is full of surprises and exhilarating set pieces. I'd highly recommend it to anybody with a sense of humor ;o)
  62. Nov 15, 2011
    This game is a true work of art! I huge open city game that allows you to do pretty much whatever you want to. A action packed and stunning story. The greatest free roam city game since Grand Theft Auto IV. In fact, it kicks Grand Theft Autos a**!!! The best part Whored Mode!!!
  63. Nov 15, 2011
    BUY IT! I won't ruin any of the surprises here because it is more fun to play it and watch the crazy unfold. Just buy it and enjoy, don't take it, or life, too seriously!
  64. Apr 16, 2012
    Saints Row 3 is a faster paced more streamlined version of Saints Row 2.

The story line is very loose, disjointed and the plot is virtually non existent â
  65. Nov 26, 2011
    This is the first saints row game I've bought! I've found this game a lot of fun and really easy on the eye! I can't put this game down its smooth and really enjoyable! It reminds me of GTA San Andreas but a whole lot crazy and f**ked up! LOVE IT!!! Go and buy it! Great game!
  66. Oct 13, 2013
    The game for one, is too short. It has a lot less content than any other game in the series, and it does not deserve the term Saints Row. What made the previous games bad, it took that and amplified it by 100. Once the story is finished, there is no replay value whatsoever. The characters have been desecrated beyond belief. The game also features a upgrade system, it would've beenThe game for one, is too short. It has a lot less content than any other game in the series, and it does not deserve the term Saints Row. What made the previous games bad, it took that and amplified it by 100. Once the story is finished, there is no replay value whatsoever. The characters have been desecrated beyond belief. The game also features a upgrade system, it would've been somewhat good if not for one fact. YOU CAN'T RE-SPEC. The upgrade system renders you immune to any sort of damage, and the game just becomes tedious and disgustingly boring. The customization is I can't even talk about, that's how disgustingly it is. Overall, this lump of dog is a disgrace to the other Saints Row games. It is neither fun, or funny. At all. Expand
  67. Nov 19, 2011
    The game is far too short and the DLC pack is a rip off for $20, it's worth is at least $5. It's best to buy this game when the price gets low to avoid disappointment. Would make a good bargain game for later instead of wasting your money now. Get Skyrim instead if money is tight, HOURS OF FUN!.
  68. Nov 15, 2011
    Game of the Year, GTA on steroids. This game is explosive, fun, and takes gaming to a level we have never seen before. This game is the bad boy of the gaming industry.
  69. Nov 15, 2011
    I've only played the game partway through thus far, but the first few action sequences were amazing. If you are a fan of Saints Row 1 and 2, you'll see that The Third completely blows those two away. The biggest improvements are in the absurdity and the graphics. Everyone has already mentioned the craziness, so I'll focus on the graphics. The city is simply amazing. The buildings areI've only played the game partway through thus far, but the first few action sequences were amazing. If you are a fan of Saints Row 1 and 2, you'll see that The Third completely blows those two away. The biggest improvements are in the absurdity and the graphics. Everyone has already mentioned the craziness, so I'll focus on the graphics. The city is simply amazing. The buildings are elaborately modeled and impressive, especially the casino, which becomes even flashier as you increase in stages. It's the little things that you don't notice at first that make a difference as well, such as the streetlights modeled to look like scantily clad women. Overall, this is such an extremely original game-there's nothing else like it on the market. I'd highly recommend checking it out. Expand
  70. Nov 20, 2011
    It seems pretty obvious that Volition is cashing out on the series with this title. There is less customization, fewer missions, and the game just feels a whole lot emptier than Saints Row 2. Content that should have been in the game to begin with (Such as cheat codes that were in Saints Row 2) has been removed and packaged as day one DLC. There isn't anywhere near as much of a soundtrackIt seems pretty obvious that Volition is cashing out on the series with this title. There is less customization, fewer missions, and the game just feels a whole lot emptier than Saints Row 2. Content that should have been in the game to begin with (Such as cheat codes that were in Saints Row 2) has been removed and packaged as day one DLC. There isn't anywhere near as much of a soundtrack as compared to the previous title. Oh, and you need an Online Pass, even though the competitive multiplayer has been removed. Expand
  71. Nov 15, 2011
    Crazy, fun, but highly inappropriate. This game is fun, but it lacks taste and an actual authentic script. It's over the top, but not in a good way.
  72. Nov 16, 2011

I first would like to point out that there is NOT $20 content currently available for this game. The people that are giving this game low scores for this reason should understand that the $20 additional cost is a SEASON PASS that the game has available. It is $20 for 4 pieces of content that will be available over the course of the next year. You can buy each of these individually for less than $12 each when they become available. This is something that MOST GAMES are doing nowadays. Games Gears of War 3, COD:MW3, and Skyrim for example, are doing the same thing when it comes to content not being initially available. I name these games for example because 2 of the people who gave tis game a low score because you had to buy additional content gave these games high ratings. Now, for those people who gave this game a low score because it is not their type of game, I applaud you. You at least recognize that this is not a game for everyone as it is an over the top game. You gave this game a fair review and I respect you for that. This game is great. I would LOVE to give this a higher score, but there are just too many glitches with the game. This does not remove the fact that the game isn't fun, but it does show that more work could have been put in to it to make it a perfect game for the person with ADHD. Even the glitches make the game fun for the more part, but they are obvious glitches and those cannot be overlooked. If you would like to run naked down the street with a semi-auto and jump onto a person's face straddling them, then stop reading and get 2 copies of this game so you can play with a close friend and let the rottness begin! ("rottness" is NOT misspelled, btw. That was done on purpose.)

73. Nov 15, 2011
    I have two words for you: MUST BUY!!! The humor in this game is the polar opposite of politically correct, and that is exactly what will make you LOL time and again paired with "I can't believe they just said/did this!!" But even way in the beginning the customer characterization was killing me as I was skipping through the different taunts. Frickin' awesome!! The gameplay and missionsI have two words for you: MUST BUY!!! The humor in this game is the polar opposite of politically correct, and that is exactly what will make you LOL time and again paired with "I can't believe they just said/did this!!" But even way in the beginning the customer characterization was killing me as I was skipping through the different taunts. Frickin' awesome!! The gameplay and missions are solid. LOVING IT!!! Expand
  74. Nov 15, 2011
    Let me start off by saying, Wow! This game is literally the best thing i've played all year! and i've played Uncharted 3! The Graphics are a million times better than SR2 plus the soundtrack! There is nothing more fun than driving around Steelport on a bike in nothing but a G-string and bunny head while listening to Machinehead by Bush! The cars look and drive smoother, the characters areLet me start off by saying, Wow! This game is literally the best thing i've played all year! and i've played Uncharted 3! The Graphics are a million times better than SR2 plus the soundtrack! There is nothing more fun than driving around Steelport on a bike in nothing but a G-string and bunny head while listening to Machinehead by Bush! The cars look and drive smoother, the characters are more likeable (Shaundi doesn't have that husky voice that was extremely annoying!) overall,the story is pretty cool, the humour is excellent and the craziness is cranked up to 11! although it may get buried under Skyrim,MW 3, Halo anniversary and AC:R but it will literally blow the mind of anyone who plays it! Must Buy!!! Expand
  75. Nov 20, 2011
    Huge step back from Saints row 2. less customization, less missions,less weapon just less of everything. the over world is dull and bland with lifeless a.i. the gameplay is streamlined down to nut punches,posing and quick time events. the only positives from this game is the humor and Story missions there are fewer missions but they are better. The game is nothing but a hollowedHuge step back from Saints row 2. less customization, less missions,less weapon just less of everything. the over world is dull and bland with lifeless a.i. the gameplay is streamlined down to nut punches,posing and quick time events. the only positives from this game is the humor and Story missions there are fewer missions but they are better. The game is nothing but a hollowed streamlined version of Saints row 2, taking out gameplay features is never a good thing. Expand
  76. Nov 15, 2011
    Wild, crazy, unusual, unexpected humor. Graphics and sound A+.......If only the sheep would stop drinking the GTA kool aid, maybe they could experience a real thrill ride here.......Now let me get my purple **** out so I can play some more
  77. Nov 17, 2011
    See, Grand Theft Auto takes itself seriously where the only fun thing to do in GTA is to kill as many people as possible. This game embraces the fact that a city environment needs to be filled with gimps driving rickshaws and gangbangers dressed as Mexican wrestlers for you to kill with standard guns but also ludicrous hardware. The story is stupid, but knows it's stupid, and that factSee, Grand Theft Auto takes itself seriously where the only fun thing to do in GTA is to kill as many people as possible. This game embraces the fact that a city environment needs to be filled with gimps driving rickshaws and gangbangers dressed as Mexican wrestlers for you to kill with standard guns but also ludicrous hardware. The story is stupid, but knows it's stupid, and that fact alone makes it many times better than GTA. Expand
  78. Nov 15, 2011
    Best game of the year!! I have Batman (which is awesome) and Skyrim (very disapointing as it's the same game as Oblivion with updated graphics) but Saints Row is my favorite!!! The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is fun and challenging and the missions are...uh, OVER THE TOP!! You play video games to have fun and this is all KINDS of fun!! I will be playing this for a long time :)
  79. Nov 15, 2011
    Incredible, ridiculous, breath-taking, shocking, and hilarious! This game is as crazy as a game can get without devaluing itself in the process. It's unbelievable how long you can play this game without feeling even a little bored. Saints Row: The Third is Volition's best work, a testament to what a good dev team can do with a lot of time and great ideas. The graphics aren't outdated, theIncredible, ridiculous, breath-taking, shocking, and hilarious! This game is as crazy as a game can get without devaluing itself in the process. It's unbelievable how long you can play this game without feeling even a little bored. Saints Row: The Third is Volition's best work, a testament to what a good dev team can do with a lot of time and great ideas. The graphics aren't outdated, the voice work is great, the story is fun, the customization options are superb, and WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING THIS GAME RIGHT NOW!? Expand
  80. Nov 22, 2011
    Saints row the turd, some fun things like the flying bike, and some cool weapons but most of the good things from saints row 2 taken out. Customisation means make a building taller. Wow. Story is thrown together and makes no sense, each mission is no longer then 10 minutes or 5 if playing co-op. this would be so much better with 8-10 players online free roam. But it's just basic, a monkeySaints row the turd, some fun things like the flying bike, and some cool weapons but most of the good things from saints row 2 taken out. Customisation means make a building taller. Wow. Story is thrown together and makes no sense, each mission is no longer then 10 minutes or 5 if playing co-op. this would be so much better with 8-10 players online free roam. But it's just basic, a monkey could complete this in under 3 hours. Activities are soo easy boring and pointless. No rewarded for completing them and a rip off DLC that you get anyway from levelling up. Whored mode should be called bored mode. And no death matches make it a rip off. Yes some fun things but sooo many good thigs taken away and all the fun weapons and vehicles make it hard to enjoy for more then an hour with no one to show them off to, well one friend but online free roam would make it soooooooooo much better. If I was trying to make a statement of it being a fun game that doesn't take it self seariously I would have cheats where you can swing around like spiderman, fly like superman, pick people up without having to use them as a human shield, flying planes upside down without the camera spamming out then having to pretend its not any different by using the bumper buttons. Just soooooo bad, they took out a huge map, buying decent stores and houses and properties. And passed off the fun with about 2 weapons and a hover bike. And killing of JG WTF! A total let down, and to then ask for a online code and offer a season pass omg! Not worth it, there's about 2 hours 50 mins difference between playing co-op and putting the code in. And not a good easteregg to mention. This should be saints row 1.5 not 3! Ohh well roll on gta5 because most 360 games this year have been total **** batman letdown, gears letdown, dead rising rip off now this..... Uncharted 3 or skyward sword are head and shoulders above anything for G.O.T.Y. Expand
  81. Nov 17, 2011
    if this was released in 2009 it would have been good but its just too simple really and you get bored quick, this game will be catching dust on a shelf in a week
  82. Nov 19, 2011
    I hate cutscenes. I despise them. They take you out of the game, make you into a passive viewer in what should be an actively engaging medium. It's why I gave up on Deus Ex: HR, the CoD series, and numerous other titles, and most singleplayer games. I don't want to watch some game designers (same) idea of a movie.

SR:III has the first cutscenes EVER that I actually ~enjoy~. Plus the rest

SR:III has the first cutscenes EVER that I actually ~enjoy~. Plus the rest of the game is a party. :)
  83. Nov 18, 2011
    Short game,but their are downloadable mission content,good free roam,with a lot improved since saints row 2.and a all around fun and over the top gaming experience.
  84. Nov 15, 2011
    Stupendous. A triumph. First off, gameplay. A man cartwheels down a street, urinating as he proceeds. A blimp crushes a crowd of innocent children. Hyenas tear the flesh from expensive prostitutes. Like any fine wine, it only improves with time. The carnage, limited at first, starts off bitter, but becomes (I recommend Hennigan's brand wine, by the way), succulent... still a tad bitterStupendous. A triumph. First off, gameplay. A man cartwheels down a street, urinating as he proceeds. A blimp crushes a crowd of innocent children. Hyenas tear the flesh from expensive prostitutes. Like any fine wine, it only improves with time. The carnage, limited at first, starts off bitter, but becomes (I recommend Hennigan's brand wine, by the way), succulent... still a tad bitter but... succulent. It must be experienced to truly understand.

Onto graphics. The level of detail is staggering. For, example while driving my BMW, I couldn't help but notice a scratch on the paint (probably from a resentful peasant). The game has drivable BMWs as well, but unlike my real life vehicle, they lack any scratches (detailed though they are).

The characters are as interesting as they are varied. A young couple struggles to make ends meet for their autistic child. A portly fellow conceals his kindliness underneath a mask of hatred. A vacationing bear surprises us with a heartrending tale of lost love. They all add up to make the somber world feel lived in, much as an Armani suit expands (ever so slightly) to fit the wearer; a comforting vacancy, as it were.

However, as the story reaches its end, there are gut-wrenching moments. Children should not be allowed to see some of the later scenes of the game, and neither should dogs. I say this only because my poodle urinated spontaneously after watching a scene involving a jackhammer and several rats (there is also a stick of deodorant involved but, alas, I cannot discuss why). All of these elements blend together to make something tasteful- exquisite even. It should not be overlooked, but savored. And enjoyed. Thank you.
  85. Nov 16, 2011
    Very solid game overall. I actually liked SR2 a little better. It seems like the police are a little more apt to chase you down this time around. This is a little closer to the ethical dynamic in Grand Theft Auto. I admit that I'm not at a very high level yet, and have not upgraded the 'wanted' ability, but I'm not getting the same feeling of being able do to 'whatever I want' right away.Very solid game overall. I actually liked SR2 a little better. It seems like the police are a little more apt to chase you down this time around. This is a little closer to the ethical dynamic in Grand Theft Auto. I admit that I'm not at a very high level yet, and have not upgraded the 'wanted' ability, but I'm not getting the same feeling of being able do to 'whatever I want' right away. Some moments have been satisfying. Looking forward to more craziness. Expand
  86. Nov 15, 2011
    Awesome game!!!! This game relieves so much stress. It is one of a kind. I am playing for 5 hours now and cant get enough. Love it!!! Some people might not like it due to it not being serious but for alot of people it will make you laugh for so long. And it is sandbox type of game so it never gets boring.
  87. Nov 30, 2011
    Saints Row: The Third succeeds at one thing: sheer fun. It's not as polished or as good as GTA IV, but it's significantly more zany. Fighter jets, apocofists, **** bats, cyber demons, hover bikes-it's ridiculously over the top stuff, but it's definately enjoyable. The main campaign is littered with filler-missions, but the core missions themselves are brilliantly mad yet enjoyableSaints Row: The Third succeeds at one thing: sheer fun. It's not as polished or as good as GTA IV, but it's significantly more zany. Fighter jets, apocofists, **** bats, cyber demons, hover bikes-it's ridiculously over the top stuff, but it's definately enjoyable. The main campaign is littered with filler-missions, but the core missions themselves are brilliantly mad yet enjoyable shootouts. The games take on Gears Of Wars Horde mode, titled Whored Mode, is a load of crap, but it;'s a funny load of crap. It's retains the generally lack of sanity found in the main game, but focuses on the simple but fairly weak shooting. All in all, it's a more polished Saints Row 2, with loads more stuff, prettier graphics, and a laser firing fighter jet. Essential...if you can forgive it's flaws. Expand
  88. Jul 4, 2012
    Let me start and say this is not your serious sandbox experience. This is a over the top sandbox experience with thrills and spills. Graphics are behind a few years and sounds of the environments are not synchronized with the actions taking place. The main story in these games seem to be generally the same, with no innovations. But the voice acting and comedic take on life is a refreshingLet me start and say this is not your serious sandbox experience. This is a over the top sandbox experience with thrills and spills. Graphics are behind a few years and sounds of the environments are not synchronized with the actions taking place. The main story in these games seem to be generally the same, with no innovations. But the voice acting and comedic take on life is a refreshing side. A lot goes on in Steelport (the city you venture in) including air battles with cool futuristic jets and challenges set all over the city from insurance fraud to a game show you can star in (listen to the hosts of the game show, they are funny!). Yes this is a open world modern day action game, but Saints Row the Third lacks structure in giving you more interesting side missions outside of your everyday bad ass actions. If your itching over this summer for GTA 5, buy Saints Row the Third for a discounted price and enjoy some open world chaos. Expand
  89. Nov 26, 2011
    Reality hits you heard bro! Saint's Row: The Third is all about that, by avoiding realistic measures, it manages to stay up on its feet and dance to a beat of none sense and unforgettable ridiculousness. Volition has finally stepped down to raise this madness to a higher level of over the top gaming experience.
  90. Dec 4, 2011
    Saints Row is a great game that is laugh-out-loud hilarious and fun to play. The game is basically Grand Theft Auto but 60 times the ridiculousness not as great as GTA but that is not the point. The amount of customization that SR 3 gives you is just amazing and you can customize anything about your character and other things, it is pretty fun. The environment of Steelport is great andSaints Row is a great game that is laugh-out-loud hilarious and fun to play. The game is basically Grand Theft Auto but 60 times the ridiculousness not as great as GTA but that is not the point. The amount of customization that SR 3 gives you is just amazing and you can customize anything about your character and other things, it is pretty fun. The environment of Steelport is great and allows you to do whatever you want and is a blast to be in with so much fun stuff to do, however the graphic textures, framerate slows, texture pop-ins and the amount of activity or lack thereoff do make the city feel sort of bland and uninspired. The graphics are good for the most part but the graphics can be god-awful at times that makes you think you are playing a 2006 game and kind of hampers the experience. The voice acting is good for the most part. The gameplay controls are fairly good as it is makes the game fun to play but maybe a few tweaks to the controls could have been made to make gameplay more smoother like adding a button to take cover but not too bad, I can't help but feel that GTA IV addressed SR3's control issues. The plot of SR 3 is not all-too-great and just serves as an excuse for you to do some crazy stuff so you might be a bit dissapointed in the plot but the plot is definately better than the previous two's plots but it does get really bad and really messy towards the end but the game is more about having fun than having an epic story and the game is whacky that does not really take itself seriously at all. GTA is a much better game has the story is more concentrated, the graphics, are better and you can do more with a fun experience but Saints Row still offers it's share of fun. Overall, SR 3 is a fun game that is worth playing, if the graphics, sound, contols, and story were cleaned up, it would be a great game. SR 3 stands no chance against Uncharted 3, Arkham City, or GTA IV (Saints Row will always be trumped by GTA, there is no denying that) but Saints Row is still worth playing if you just want to have fun but it's not anything memorable like GTA or Call of Duty though. Breakdown for "Saints Row: The Third": Presentation: 8.5, Graphics: 8, Sound: 8.5, Playability: 8.6, Lasting Appeal: 8.5, Verdict: 8.3 out of 10 "Great"â Expand
  91. Nov 29, 2011
    When you are able to shoot an RPG and call in an airstrike while you are driving around in a car, that game is already better than the highly overrated Grand Theft Auto 4.
  92. Nov 30, 2011
    This was a game I initially felt I would avoid, it looked to me like it was a poor man's GTA using gimmicks to lure in gamers and was probably lacking in real gameplay. I decided to take the plunge and bought the game anyway on recommendation from a friend and to my surprise it's much more entertaining than I expected, I have since bought a second copy to play with a family member andThis was a game I initially felt I would avoid, it looked to me like it was a poor man's GTA using gimmicks to lure in gamers and was probably lacking in real gameplay. I decided to take the plunge and bought the game anyway on recommendation from a friend and to my surprise it's much more entertaining than I expected, I have since bought a second copy to play with a family member and find the co-op system works very well and does not feel like a simple add-on to the single player game - I can level my character up and unlock elements of the game in either solo or coop and playing together is great fun - its a game with lots of 'haha watch this...' moments during coop play. Its graphics aren't the best, it isn't the best shooter or driving game or the most detailed sandbox out there but the whole experience added up is definitely worth the entry fee and there are plenty of ways to keep yourself amused in the game, especially if you have a friend or family member to play along with. Expand
  93. Nov 26, 2011
    An exceptionally fun, un-apologetically juvenile endeavor that serves as a healthy compliment to the severity that's been 'Shooter Season 2011'. SR: TT, comes out swinging from the beginning with some great high concept missions and dialogue that could have very easily been overtly crude (a 'la Bulletstorm) but thankfully was closer to the biting wit of GTA of old. If GTA and SR were oldAn exceptionally fun, un-apologetically juvenile endeavor that serves as a healthy compliment to the severity that's been 'Shooter Season 2011'. SR: TT, comes out swinging from the beginning with some great high concept missions and dialogue that could have very easily been overtly crude (a 'la Bulletstorm) but thankfully was closer to the biting wit of GTA of old. If GTA and SR were old college buddies, GTA would be the one who got his Masters, started interning at big businesses while still partying on the side but after a few years, matured a bit and found himself the new company CEO, whereas SR would have the BFA in Fine Arts, who got a job as a tattoo artist or a stuntman, which may not be as glamorous as running a major company, but men like that do WHAT THEY WANT, WHEN THEY WANT, and SR is that 'man'. It takes maturity over its knee and spanks it with the biggest purple phallus you and I've ever seen. The character graphics and animations are a little dated, but the city is absolutely stunning, and brimming with hilarious ad work, radio stations (Adult Swim has it's own station). The game functionality provides some of the smoothest shooting and driving I've ever experienced. The controls are fantastically responsive and the 'drifting' system handles beautifully. The story is fairly simple, Saints start on top, Saints get brought down a peg, Saints don't like that, Saints kill EVERYONE. But in between are some genuinely likeable characters, my favorite among them is a pimp with a trach who speaks through an auto-tuner and a goliath named Oleg, both of who's intros alone you won't forget for some time, especially if you find yourself behind Oleg climbing stairs right after you save him (it'll make sense when you play it). The character customization system is out of this world. I can't stress enough how much I love being able to create a character with a voice who interacts in cutscenes (Mass Effect is another great example of this) And the ability to visit a plastic surgeon in game to change everything (sex included) means so far I've been an a bi-special furry, Harley Quinn, Bruce Campbell, Marv from Sin City, and Macho Man Randy Savage, why... because I can, because Saint's Row allows it. The few times this game ever 'disappointed' me were when certain elements were presented that I unfairly compared to Just Cause 2, namely the fluidity of skydiving and parachuting, In SR the free falling feels a bit more like I'm on rails but it's also not core gameplay so maybe it's not fair to compare the two. Some of the Act 2 missions can get a bit repetitive, in fact most of Act 2's character missions merely introduce you to side missions that can be found anywhere, but there's not a moment of it that isn't fun, so I'm not going to hold it against the game. In short, if you've been bouncing from one stone cold serious game to another the last few months, this is the light-hearted reprieve you've needed, and they just so happened to sneak in flawless game mechanics and a fantastic character roster to sweeten the pot. Can't recommend this game enough. Expand
  94. Nov 29, 2011
    This game is insane, so much fun to play. Games these days take themselves way too seriously and its so refreshing to have a game that focuses on fun.
  95. Nov 30, 2011
    Gran juego, divertido y muy entretenido! aunque le faltaria un modo competitivo para darle mas vida al juego, aun asi es 100% recomendable! es el tipico juego que no importa que no tenga modo competitivo ya que puedes pasarte horas haciendo las misiones principales y las misiones secundarias, por lo menos a mi se me pasa las horas sin darme cuenta.
  96. Aug 8, 2012
    This game was absolutely hilarious, I liked the craziness it delivered, along with the non-stop action, playing this with friends is like a night out in itself, however playing it solo isn't that rewarding.
  97. Mar 2, 2014
    Third person free roam game, developed by volition, published by THQ/ Deepsilver.

Pros:
    Lots of stuff to do.
    Funny.
    Colourful graphics.
    Highly customisable.
    Every mission is different.
    Good choices.
    Highly replay able.
    Good characters with personality.
    Good length: about 30hrs.
    Supports Co-Op.

Cons:
    Too easy.
    Lifeless city, Stillwater was better.
  98. Aug 6, 2014
    well well well saints row ermmmmm crap to start with, I thought this game looked really good but I was soooooooo wrong. The game play sucks so boring and stupid, 6 million bullets in ur head and you still live , I find all you do in this game is fight loads of people and get no where. I cannot understand why this poop is so high rated, doesn't the price drop of the game tell youwell well well saints row ermmmmm crap to start with, I thought this game looked really good but I was soooooooo wrong. The game play sucks so boring and stupid, 6 million bullets in ur head and you still live , I find all you do in this game is fight loads of people and get no where. I cannot understand why this poop is so high rated, doesn't the price drop of the game tell you something straight away, im so glad I only borrowed it and never bought it as would of been a complete waste of money, I played this for about 20 mins and I wish I could have that 20 mins of my life back,,,sorry saints fans this SUCKS......... Expand
  99. Feb 20, 2015
    I have to admit, "Saints Row: The Third," is okay. It wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing per say. I couldn't stand the fact that a notorious street gang went from selling drugs to being "pop icons." I thought that was the stupidest thing that adult swim changed. I totally understand they wanted to do something different but it was completely stupid to change the whole main plot of the story,I have to admit, "Saints Row: The Third," is okay. It wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing per say. I couldn't stand the fact that a notorious street gang went from selling drugs to being "pop icons." I thought that was the stupidest thing that adult swim changed. I totally understand they wanted to do something different but it was completely stupid to change the whole main plot of the story, that's the huge thing. The activities was alright, not the greatest, but alright. At least they kept that. They did follow the story at least a little bit, the third street saints was still ran like a gang. There was some funny moments in it, I have to admit, running around with a **** and beating people with it was hilarious!! The combat system did improve with more executions!! That is one positive aspect of the game. But this game is specifically designed for more of the laid back gamer who just wants to get together with friends and have fun with them. This isn't like the first and second one at all. I think that the first and second saints row is built for the more serious gamers which includes myself. That's just my opinion. But back to reviewing the game, I just don't look at a gang being "pop icons." Like I said, I thought that was the stupidest thing adult swim could've done. That's why I rate this a 5. When I found out that adult swim changed the whole plot of the game went down a lot (basically from a 10 down to 6). Like I said, this game is more for the laid back gamer who just play for fun. This isn't for serious gamers. Expand
  100. Jan 15, 2012
    Make no mistake, Saints Row The Third has some problems. Having to do side missions during the main story arc is the most agregious of my complaints. And yes, on a technical level and on the besis of narrative- particularly the ending, SR3 appears mundane. However, there is more fun to be had in one mission of this game than many other sandbox games can muster in their entirety. The gameMake no mistake, Saints Row The Third has some problems. Having to do side missions during the main story arc is the most agregious of my complaints. And yes, on a technical level and on the besis of narrative- particularly the ending, SR3 appears mundane. However, there is more fun to be had in one mission of this game than many other sandbox games can muster in their entirety. The game lets you loose to have fun, reigning missiles down that decimate all manner of vehicles. Some of the side missions are crazy in their inventiveness too, such as trying to drive around with confidence, when a Bengal tiger is in the passenger seat next to you. Also, other than the duff missions- there are some truly explosive, unforgettable, insane and downright exciting missions to enjoy. So I reiterate, SR3 doesn't boast the soaring production values of GTA IV, nor is it very smart, but it provides the kind of hilarity that no other game can claim in large quantities like SR3. Expand

1. Feb 15, 2012
    Volition gets many things right in Saints Row: The Third in what is no doubt a fine sequel, but it's very much a case of sequelitis for the THQ franchise. The zany and over-the-top nature, well-written script and whole host of sandbox toys are held back ever so slightly by the oddly paced and repetitive proceedings of the game's main story.
  2. Feb 7, 2012
    Saint's Row: The Third sets out with a great ambition of giving the player freedom and an arsenal of fun elements to play with. Unfortunately, though, the game still falls a bit short with a somewhat childish sense of humour and quirky game mechanics.
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    Despite my gripes with the multiplayer options, the 10-to-12-hour campaign's still very much worth the price of admission, and it needs to be seen to be believed-trust me, this game's done more than enough to earn its "M" rating from the ESRB.