7.9

1. Mar 2, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto is known as setting the standard for adult open world games. And for the most part, it remains on top. However, all though it may rule with the sum of its parts, Sleeping Dogs manages to be so much better in some specific areas. Kung Fu is prominent in this game, lowering the overusage of gunfights, and giving an extremely fun combat system with nicely flowing animations,Grand Theft Auto is known as setting the standard for adult open world games. And for the most part, it remains on top. However, all though it may rule with the sum of its parts, Sleeping Dogs manages to be so much better in some specific areas. Kung Fu is prominent in this game, lowering the overusage of gunfights, and giving an extremely fun combat system with nicely flowing animations, consistent challenge, and satisfying gameplay. The story is more focused, with characters just as interesting as GTA's. Driving feels more solid, with added action mechanics that offer a nice balance between the realism of GTA and the silliness of Saints Row. The graphics in the world of Hong Kong are beautifully detailed and drawn, massive, full of exploration and collectibles to be had.
    Buy this game now.
  2. Jan 4, 2014
    Definitely a must buy. At first I thought that this game would be a mistake to buy but them after a few minutes I fell inlove with this game and all of the content that comes with it especially at the end leaving me with a sad face because a game as good as this should never end.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Damn, this game was, and still is, great. Just beat it after 3 days of playing. The story was awesome, the combat was intense, and I could walk around for hours aimlessly, admiring the scenery. The graphics where beautiful, especially when it was raining. The sound track fit in well with every situation, and the radio has enough genres for everyone to enjoy. Still got more then 75% of theDamn, this game was, and still is, great. Just beat it after 3 days of playing. The story was awesome, the combat was intense, and I could walk around for hours aimlessly, admiring the scenery. The graphics where beautiful, especially when it was raining. The sound track fit in well with every situation, and the radio has enough genres for everyone to enjoy. Still got more then 75% of the side missions to complete, barely started on the collectibles, and people to one up on the leader boards. Expand
  4. Jan 2, 2014
    Sleeping Dogs was a real surprise hit for me; it’s a big, beautiful, invited open world that really does draw you in from the moment it begins. You start off on a rainy Hong Kong night as you are taking part in a drug deal that (as introductions like this so often do) goes horribly and violently wrong, you are almost immediately thrown head first into the action in what acts as a niceSleeping Dogs was a real surprise hit for me; it’s a big, beautiful, invited open world that really does draw you in from the moment it begins. You start off on a rainy Hong Kong night as you are taking part in a drug deal that (as introductions like this so often do) goes horribly and violently wrong, you are almost immediately thrown head first into the action in what acts as a nice fluid tutorial mission that has Sleeping Dogs 2you sprinting through a fish market/harbour type place jumping over and across different obstacles and generally trying to parkour your way away from the pursuing police force. This gives you a really good chance to work on your timing which is a crucial part of the gameplay mechanics and whereas getting it wrong here won’t necessarily do anything but make you look like a dick, getting it wrong once you are released into the wild later on can and will swiftly become the death of you! After the chase and the first real (and quite frankly impressive looking) cutscene you are put back in control on Shen and thrown into what is to be expected of a game like this; the mandatory introduction mission. This mission has your old friend Jackie Ma taking you on a tour of the town, introducing you to some of the key characters in the game and giving you a chance to practice some of the key features of the game as well. Everything from the combat, to the way missions are rated, the shopping experiences and some of the side missions you can expect along the way.Sleeping Dogs 4

The combat system in Sleeping Dogs is something that has had a lot of time and care put into. It is beautifully simple to learn but devilishly tricky to master. You’re first introduction to the in-game fisticuffs come when you and Jackie and ambushed by a group of rival gang members and it gives you the chance to try out some of the more basic combo attacks as well as the heavy and light combinations. This is all seems pretty cool but then you are introduced to the grapple mechanic which is a nice touch, you are able to grab some of the weaker enemies, drag them around the room, toss them around and then eventually you are shown how to perform Sleeping Dogs 10environmental kills which, if I’m being honest, are awesome!! The first environmental kill you get to perform involves throwing someone onto a counter and slamming the metal shutters down onto them with full force. Beautifully violent indeed!! Now being able to punch people repeatedly is all well and good but it’s only going to get you so far; you’re also going to need to stay alive; this is where the countering and blocking system comes into play. Very much like the attacking system this is nice and simple at first but is tricky to master, especially later in the game when you start fighting larger groups of people.

The mission ranking system is handled very nicely as well, as you are in a constant conflict by Sleeping Dogs 6trying to climb the ranks of the Triads and still being a cop you have 2 different ratings for each mission; The Triad rating and the Cop rating. The Triad rating meter is fuelled by violence and by finding creative and destructive ways of defeating enemies whereas the cop rating starts off as a full meter and, as you can imagine, starts to empty as you do morally questionable things. Basically if you want a good overall rating on missions you can still be a raging punch machine but you can’t act like a reckless sociopath while you do it. This adds a very nice dynamic to the gameplay and makes you actually think about what you’re doing instead of acting like the Asian Hulk all the time.

Sleeping Dogs 8When you find yourself free from the confines of the storyline or you just fancy a break there is plenty to keep you distracted throughout Hong Kong; the main event being the Favour system. When you look at your map you can see it is covered by these little yellow icons, each of these is a favour that somebody needs doing, these range from silly little things like delivering something to someone or giving someone a ride all the way through to damned near gang warfare and with each favour you do for someone not only do you earn a little money for someone you also work towards filling you Face Meter. Think of the face meter as a universal karmic reward system; the higher your rating goes, the more cool you get to unlock. The favours aren’t the only distraction to be had however, if you just fancy taking in the sights or going on a little adventure that’s absolutely fine as Sleeping Dogs 5well as there is an incredibly huge amount of things that Hong Kong has to offer. Some of these things range from: gambling, putting money on a fight, going to get a “massage”, going to stretch your vocal muscles at a Karaoke bar, going shopping for a new car or some new clothes or hunting out some of the many, many collectables. What you do is completely up to you, no one is going to judge!

Full review: http://idiotbox.co.uk/sleeping-dogs-review/
  5. Dec 9, 2013
    There's really not a lot of flaws to find in this game, and I'm stretching to even point out the ones I did "find". Sure, we could go with the whole "GTA RIP OFF!!" nonsense, but let's be honest here: Sleeping Dogs doesn't hide the fact that it borrows heavily from the successful sandbox pioneer. Every sandbox game does. So let's skip that whole tripe and move on to deeper issues, and thenThere's really not a lot of flaws to find in this game, and I'm stretching to even point out the ones I did "find". Sure, we could go with the whole "GTA RIP OFF!!" nonsense, but let's be honest here: Sleeping Dogs doesn't hide the fact that it borrows heavily from the successful sandbox pioneer. Every sandbox game does. So let's skip that whole tripe and move on to deeper issues, and then let's talk about why I gave this game a solid 9.

For those of you who haven't picked up in what this game is about, it's fairly simple: Undercover cop with a shady past gets in over his head with Hong Kong's Triad gangs and chaos ensues. Wei Chen, the main character, is a solid fellow that I find myself rooting for throughout, and keeps things interesting with his little known past that pops up every once in awhile. He has a lot of depth, and that's a much needed factor when it comes to sandbox storylines. The gameplay is very GTA influenced, with cars ready to steal, guns ready to blaze, and odd jobs ready to be accomplished.

Now, moving on to the flaws (before I dive into anything else), as minute and nitpicky as it may seem, the fun and deep combat has some issues. While I enjoy it's Batman Arkham style gameplay, it doesn't flow as well. It feels slightly janky and somewhat unpolished. There are also graphical nit picks like characters arms and legs protruding through walls and that usual thing. Even the slow as molasses cursor for your map is kind of annoying. They couldn't make that slightly speedier? (If these are the only flaws I can find, than that's a good sign)

Despite those little nitpicky finds, this game is a remarkable play. It's graphics are lush, pretty, and detailed. The vehicle designs are outstanding. The city is large and full of things to look out for and do. The elements, like water and rain, are very well done. The sounds and voice acting are spot on and seamless, which is a triumph for sound editors to hear. The gameplay is fun and rewarding, and dare I say, outdoes any of it's sandbox counterparts. While the combat, as I said above, has its flaws, it's still fun to play, especially with an upgrade system that boosts your skills. The gunplay is a blast, like something out of a John Woo movie. The story is solid enough, although it had its weak moments. The game offers a buffet of things to do and lots of ways to earn money and skill points. Lastly, Sleeping Dogs offers one of the best vehicle control you've ever played in a game like this. Its fast, smooth, easy to control, and of course amazingly fun. Add elements like multi directional ramming, shooting out the window (John Woo style), bailing out at full speed, and hijacking other cars, and you've won me over lickity split.

Honestly, there's so much right with this game and so few things wrong, that it saddens me to know it didn't get the hype it deserved.  I would urge you to try this game out.
  6. Aug 25, 2013
    A breath of fresh air in the open world genre. A game that allows for exploration through a non traditional open world environment (Hong Kong) and also a great list of characters that are superbly voice acted. The game takes a huge focus on hand to hand combat and does it so well with a number of brutal combos that include counters, heavy attacks, light attacks and special moves as well asA breath of fresh air in the open world genre. A game that allows for exploration through a non traditional open world environment (Hong Kong) and also a great list of characters that are superbly voice acted. The game takes a huge focus on hand to hand combat and does it so well with a number of brutal combos that include counters, heavy attacks, light attacks and special moves as well as the brutal environmental take downs. the driving is a lot of fun and feels very arcade style. there is lots to do including races, customizing cars, buying clothes, exploring the city, going out on dates and of course side missions for the triad and police groups. easily one of my favorite games of 2012. Expand
  7. Aug 18, 2013
    This game is simply fantastic. In the alley of the GTA series, this game brings something more to the genre. The world (Hongkong) feels alive and vivid, the combat system is good and fun, the main-missions and side-missions are exciting and the character you control that jumps between police and triad missions feels conflicted and interesting. In comparison with GTA IV this game feels aThis game is simply fantastic. In the alley of the GTA series, this game brings something more to the genre. The world (Hongkong) feels alive and vivid, the combat system is good and fun, the main-missions and side-missions are exciting and the character you control that jumps between police and triad missions feels conflicted and interesting. In comparison with GTA IV this game feels a lot more complete in my opinion, and it sometimes feels like they took GTA IV and remade it the right way.

I wanted to write something negative about this game since there is always something with every game, but im really struggling to find something. This game just holds you tight for the entire ride, and its well worth buying!
  8. Aug 5, 2013
    It's a delight to find a game that does a GTA game better than GTA. The combat is vastly superior to all entries of the GTA franchise, the storyline is tense and engage all the way through and the arcade-like style of driving makes for an exhilarating experience of Hong Kong...also makes me hungry for Pork Buns...
  9. Jun 6, 2013
    A surprisingly good game. A well-written enjoyable story combined with a living active Hong Kong makes Sleeping Dogs worth playing and for me every penny was well spent on this game. And the good news for Play Station Plus members is that the game is free for download. So for PS+ members there is absolutely no excuse not to download Sleeping Dogs. I even found the game more enjoying thanA surprisingly good game. A well-written enjoyable story combined with a living active Hong Kong makes Sleeping Dogs worth playing and for me every penny was well spent on this game. And the good news for Play Station Plus members is that the game is free for download. So for PS+ members there is absolutely no excuse not to download Sleeping Dogs. I even found the game more enjoying than GTA IV. Sleeping Dogs is ironically the sleeper hit of the game. Expand
  10. Jun 3, 2013
    This is one of the better open-world games not named Batman: Arkham City, GTA or Saints Row. The action in of itself is combination of both Batman and Saints Row with a tad more realism of GTA. The portrayal of Hong Kong is surprisingly accurate although abbreviated. The acting is amazing. The story has elements of Infernal Affairs and pays homages to other Hong Kong/martial artsThis is one of the better open-world games not named Batman: Arkham City, GTA or Saints Row. The action in of itself is combination of both Batman and Saints Row with a tad more realism of GTA. The portrayal of Hong Kong is surprisingly accurate although abbreviated. The acting is amazing. The story has elements of Infernal Affairs and pays homages to other Hong Kong/martial arts films. The cons include the traveling between the islands of Hong Kong which should be improved (hopefully) by the next installment, and the constant use of items. The RPG-hybrid portion of the game is done very well. Overall, it's a must-buy although it still begs for some improvements. Expand
  11. May 19, 2013
    Between its fantastic melee combat, rich visuals, engaging story and well-done RPG elements, Sleeping Dogs raises the bar of the open world genre. Your move, GTA.
  12. May 14, 2013
    This game is pretty much fantastic. I loved every aspect of it.

This game is pretty much fantastic. I loved every aspect of it.

My main attraction to the game though was the fighting mechanics, if you've played Batman: Arkham Asylum City you will understand why. I love how fluent the fighting is, how you can string combos together and powerful moves to destroy a mass amount of enemies. I basically felt as if sometimes I wasn't actually playing the game, instead watching a great martial arts movie (I'm a sucker for those) with superb fighting scenes.

The graphics are nice and I love the culture that the game portrays, theres also a decent amount of things to do when not completing the story. I will say though that I was kind of disappointed at how short the story was, I wasn't mad at the developers for it though. It's simply because I enjoyed the game that much I sort of didn't want it to end so soon.

It's worth a buy if you're into free roam open world games with great fighting mechanics, fun races and a decent storyline. I recommended it to a few friends and they really enjoyed it.
  13. May 7, 2013
    The game is incredibly good. And this is coming from a gamer who doesn't play any GTA or similar. The story is mature and good, Honk Kong is full of life, side-quests and collectibles and the gameplay is quite enjoyable in every way possible.
    And now is on 'Classics', so it's a must buy :D
  14. Apr 22, 2013
    Sleeping dogs is an amazing sandbox game from square enix, who in the last few years have had som pretty terrible games. the story is awesome way better then what gta has done in the past few attempts as you play both sides of the law in the game and the writing/voice acting int the game is top notch. there are some truely big stars in this one. the combat is alot like the latest batmanSleeping dogs is an amazing sandbox game from square enix, who in the last few years have had som pretty terrible games. the story is awesome way better then what gta has done in the past few attempts as you play both sides of the law in the game and the writing/voice acting int the game is top notch. there are some truely big stars in this one. the combat is alot like the latest batman games but with more depth such as unlockable combos and perks. the driving and gunplay are also quite good with the driving being quite arcady feeling and the guns dealing definative damage. the graphics in the game are definately not going to blow you away like crysis 3 or skyrim but they are seviceable and some of the textures are quite nice to look at. over all the game is quite amazing, the story is good, gameplay is enjoyable, and its a fairly long game if you want to get 100% completeion. also at 30 bucks used right now at gamestop, nows the best time to experience this gem. Expand
  15. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is incredibly fun to play. If you don't like games with a storyline then you can still play this game. This is a free roam game that leaves you wanting to create mayhem all over the city just for the heck of it. It will leave you exploring for hours on end. If you don't care about that then the storyline is GREAT. You know it has a good story when you feel sympathetic towards theThis game is incredibly fun to play. If you don't like games with a storyline then you can still play this game. This is a free roam game that leaves you wanting to create mayhem all over the city just for the heck of it. It will leave you exploring for hours on end. If you don't care about that then the storyline is GREAT. You know it has a good story when you feel sympathetic towards the characters when something happens. The fighting system is great and the way they made the enemies glow when they are about to attack makes it not too hard and not too easy. Plus there's new moves you can learn and new guns you can equip the game is awesome! Overall this game is a must play for anyone. 9 out of 10. Expand
  16. Mar 23, 2013
    Once I started playing this game I played nothing else. Played 3 hours a day for over week until completion.

Is it a GTA clone? Well, yes but I found it a better game GTA shooting is very clunky where as the shooting in Sleeping Dogs is a lot better executed. Also you don't use guns all that much and rely on hand to hand combat which is similar, but better than Batman Arkham

Also you don't use guns all that much and rely on hand to hand combat which is similar, but better than Batman Arkham Asylum City

Right now this game can be picked up for a very reasonable price and is well worth it if you like games like GTA, Saints Row or Red Dead Redemption
  17. Mar 8, 2013
    wonderful game-play,stunning environments and a very believable plot worthy of a movie all make this a must play game and is truly a very unique gaming experience
  18. Feb 21, 2013
    I'll tell you ahead of the game, beautiful, good, and boredom. I recommend.
    But there are graphical errors, I could not tell you anything. If you play the game out, then you can still do side missions. They are good.
  19. Jan 5, 2013
    Normally I find only one good game per year. 2010 it was GTA IV. 2011 it was Red Dead Redemption. 2012 I found three: Metro 2033, L.A. Noire and Witcher 2. All three completely blew me away, I was spending nights in front of them. Now 2013 starts even better: Sleeping Dogs is way better than GTA IV, indeed it is even better than I suppose GTA 5 to become. Basically, you do the same things,Normally I find only one good game per year. 2010 it was GTA IV. 2011 it was Red Dead Redemption. 2012 I found three: Metro 2033, L.A. Noire and Witcher 2. All three completely blew me away, I was spending nights in front of them. Now 2013 starts even better: Sleeping Dogs is way better than GTA IV, indeed it is even better than I suppose GTA 5 to become. Basically, you do the same things, open world with short fighting missions. What makes the difference, is the fighting and shooting with some RPG-style feature development. Also, graphics and animations are more than state of art. Finally, I like the plot and the characters. This game deserves a 10. Expand
  20. Dec 28, 2012
    If we make a consensus in comparison to other years, we had a lot of sandbox games in 2012. So, why Sleeping Dogs? Besides having Lucy Liu and Emma Stone in the voice acting, Sleeping Dogs promised since the beginning of the rumours an entire Hong Kong just for us. And that's awesome. Square Enix has developed not only an amazingly immense sandbox but mixed it with a turbulent storyIf we make a consensus in comparison to other years, we had a lot of sandbox games in 2012. So, why Sleeping Dogs? Besides having Lucy Liu and Emma Stone in the voice acting, Sleeping Dogs promised since the beginning of the rumours an entire Hong Kong just for us. And that's awesome. Square Enix has developed not only an amazingly immense sandbox but mixed it with a turbulent story involving a cop with a shadowy past, involved undercover in the chinese mafia. The story is good, but not as good as all the things you are allowed to do in the actual game. During the game, we will win (or lose) points depending on our actions, and these points can be Cop Points, Triad Points or Face Points. These points allow us to unlock perks which can make us steal weapons immediately from enemies, learn some incredible kung-fu moves or steal cars without anyone noticing (How cool is that?), and between the Cop missions and the Triad missions, we have also the secondary missions called Face missions (The one that unlocks Face Point, duh!). Also, the city has places were we can gamble, sing karaoke, dance, take a massage or...well...get a little bit of attention by the ladies. Also we have to find boxes and statues to unlock cool things, hack cameras, drive passangers as a bus drivers, and the list goes on. Sleeping Dogs is one of the most extense sandbox, where almost everything is possible. Unfortunately, there isn't online features, but still, there is a kind of leaderbord thing you can share with friends! (Oh my god! That's such a piece of sh**! No one cares about leaderbords!), but even alone, this sandbox is still fun, and the story also should please critics with its dramatic theme and outstanding voice acting. Also, the game looks awesome, the city is one of the best-designed cities I've ever seen in a video game and....and....I DON'T CARE! IT'S FREAKING AWESOME! So, fun? Check. Story? Check. Is it Superb? Well, no. It struggles to give a sort of wrong appeal. But well, it's good enough for a 9. Expand
  21. M1R
    Nov 12, 2012
    This game is AWESOME. To be honest, the story, characters, features and all that are GREAT. The best part of the game is the dopeness of the melee combat system. If you're the guy who plays this type of game and haven't played it before yet, I'D SAY YOU GO GRAB THIS GAME AND U WON'T REGRET IT!!!
  22. Nov 7, 2012
    Sleeping Dogs was a breath of fresh air. Its story was great and I can say it was a better story than Grand Theft Auto 4. Also the characters are memorable and I found myself caring for all of them. The collectible were addicting I found myself trying to get 100% completion and found each and every health shrine, cash box, and security camera. I highly recommend this game especially if itsSleeping Dogs was a breath of fresh air. Its story was great and I can say it was a better story than Grand Theft Auto 4. Also the characters are memorable and I found myself caring for all of them. The collectible were addicting I found myself trying to get 100% completion and found each and every health shrine, cash box, and security camera. I highly recommend this game especially if its on sale. I give it a 9 out of 10 Expand
  23. Nov 6, 2012
    Best game i have played last year. Great story, great characters and incredible soundtrack. Detailizing huge city with superb atmosphere. And veeery good fights!)
  24. Oct 17, 2012
    Don't know why this game is getting so much heat. The story was gripping, the fighting was fast paced awesomeness, the city was really well created and the driving was fun. Only gripe is that ended too damn quickly.
  25. Oct 14, 2012
    Sleeping Dogs is a game that almost never saw the light of day, which is shocking considering how good this game turned out. The core gameplay in Sleeping Dogs offers a lot of variety. The driving is fun and arcade-like, so the handling is simple and intuitive, but it offers depth, like ramming your enemies off of the road or jumping from your car to another car and jacking it. TheSleeping Dogs is a game that almost never saw the light of day, which is shocking considering how good this game turned out. The core gameplay in Sleeping Dogs offers a lot of variety. The driving is fun and arcade-like, so the handling is simple and intuitive, but it offers depth, like ramming your enemies off of the road or jumping from your car to another car and jacking it. The shooting is basic, so it doesn't offer much depth, but there is a bullet-time feature, a la Max Payne, which makes gun combat really fun, though it must be noted that gun combat is not the focus of the game. Now onto melee, which is the focus of the game, is similar to the combat in Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, meaning it's a ton of fun and pretty stylish. In addition, you can use context-sensitive environmental attacks, allowing you to shove an enemy's head in a fan, throw him in a dumpster, impale him on swordfish, etc. It's all handled pretty gracefully and flows together nicely. Now onto the parkour, which is a real blast. Your character can climb, jump, leap, etc., so your character has real agility and makes you feel like you can get away from any bad situation or chase after those who are trying to escape you. Sleeping Dogs has a lot of talent, all lending to the story, voice acting, and the cast of characters. In many pre-release trailers and previews, they pointed out Hollywood talent like Emma Stone, but just about everyone here contributes their voice talents to make the story and characters interesting and fully realized. While the story isn't original, it's done so well that originality isn't necessary. This is a game that knows what it wants to be and completely succeeds at it. This is a top notch production from beginning to end. Without a doubt, Sleeping Dogs is my favorite looking game of this kind. To compare, you have Grand Theft Auto IV and the Saints Row games, and I believe Sleeping Dogs is the most impressive looking of the bunch. While the map is smaller and surely allows for more details, it's those details that make the world feel like it's living and breathing, which adds to the overall atmosphere of this beautiful world that is yours to explore and discover all of the little secrets it has packed within it. Expand
  26. Oct 12, 2012
    Ignore anyone who says this game is bad. I am extremley picky when it comes to games, i recently bought Darksiders 2 and found it boring.

This has some new elements, high speed car hijacking is fantastic. Combat is great and the graphics are fine.

If you are looking for a great story and something to entertain you until GTA V buy this game.
  27. Oct 5, 2012
    Pretty much a GTA IV on drugs, in hong kong. Freaking awesome, great graphics, awesome story, and a buy for any sandbox lover like me.
  28. Sep 30, 2012
    It's simply like GTA, just better and more rewarding fun without pointless gimmicks you won't enjoy doing over and over. One of my favorite games of the year.
  29. Sep 12, 2012
    Great "Action Movie" style sandbox game. Combat is similar to Batman Arkham Asylum (strikes, counterstrikes, grabs) with some environment kills that make combat easy to pick up and enjoyable to pull off.
    Driving keeps with the action film theme by keeping simple and arcadey. There's plenty to do and collect in the game. The main storyline is fairly quick (by open world standards) but if you're the type of person who does side missions and looks for colelctables you'll spend plenty of time in game. I just finished the storyline at 28 hours in-game and I still have some colelctables to find and some races to finish off and some events to finish.

I really enjoyed playing this and look forward to future dlc and/or the next title.
  30. Sep 12, 2012
    Awesome! This game has to be the best I've played in a while, whilst GTA focuses on endless pockets you can only really carry 1 gun in Sleeping Dogs. Which I think is a good thing and helps the game seem more realistic, gameplay is great and the free roam aspect is so in-depth I forget the missions are even there. 10 out of 10 and a must buy (or rent)

1. Jan 14, 2013
    Sleeping Dogs had been in development as the next installment of Activision's "True Crime" franchise but the publisher ceased funding and cancelled it. Square Enix turned up to salvage the project and Sleeping Dogs was the result. The fact it turned out as good as it did -- that it's executed so well, performs as well as it does, sets the bar for open world combat and driving -- made Sleeping Dogs, story stumbles aside, the most surprising game of 2012.
  2. Sep 23, 2012
    As much as it may lack polish and finesse, Sleeping Dogs makes up for its minor shortcomings with pure entertainment. [Issue#89,p.78]
  3. Sep 18, 2012
    Sleeping Dogs is an addictive diamond in the rough with a compelling story and insane combat only slightly let down by poor driving and racing mechanics. [Oct 2012, p.54]