7.9

1. May 23, 2017
    Este juego es una obra de arte, tiene un personaje carismático, una historia que engancha desde el primer minuto, un mapa de buen tamaño, buen apuntado, conducción buena también, cero problemas de bugs, gran cantidad de horas de juego y gran cantidad de vehículos.
    En fin, lo recomiendo al 100%.
  2. May 27, 2015
    Really good game kinda like GTA without all the guns mostly about fighting. If anything they should add is an online mode like GTA4 has like Cops and Robbers, Team Deathmatch, etc.
  3. Mar 26, 2014
    Sleeping dogs feels like Fighting Force or Dynamite Cop or Arkham City meets Grand Theft Auto. You can interweave the environment in battles and chases, the game is very free flowing. Not a cheap clone, more a cumulation of sugar and spice and all things nice.
  4. Mar 19, 2014
    I've always been a fan of true crime games, coz they do something different. And Sleeping dogs is no exception.

Pros: Solid, deep main story. With unsuspecting plot twists. Fast, fluid hand to hand combat. Good shooting mechanics both in vehicles and on foot, with Bullet time like slow mo, if you're fan of max Payne, you will feel right at home here. Driving mechanics are fun and

Pros:
    Solid, deep main story. With unsuspecting plot twists.
    Fast, fluid hand to hand combat.
    Driving mechanics are fun and arcadey.
    Voice acting, is spot on.
    Nice visuals, and colour palette.
    Heaps to do, I got 100% done in this, and I don't usually but this was definitely worth while.
    FUN. And levelling up systems are good and useful.
    Great protagonist.

Cons:
    Even though, this a combat based game, and I love and prefer that idea, but since the weapons and feel of them are so good. I wish you could keep them, instead of stealing them.

A better more popular sound track for in game radio's, not they weren't bad but a few more recognisable songs.

Facial animations could of been slightly better.
  5. Mar 2, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto is known as setting the standard for adult open world games. And for the most part, it remains on top. However, all though it may rule with the sum of its parts, Sleeping Dogs manages to be so much better in some specific areas. Kung Fu is prominent in this game, lowering the overusage of gunfights, and giving an extremely fun combat system with nicely flowing animations,Grand Theft Auto is known as setting the standard for adult open world games. And for the most part, it remains on top. However, all though it may rule with the sum of its parts, Sleeping Dogs manages to be so much better in some specific areas. Kung Fu is prominent in this game, lowering the overusage of gunfights, and giving an extremely fun combat system with nicely flowing animations, consistent challenge, and satisfying gameplay. The story is more focused, with characters just as interesting as GTA's. Driving feels more solid, with added action mechanics that offer a nice balance between the realism of GTA and the silliness of Saints Row. The graphics in the world of Hong Kong are beautifully detailed and drawn, massive, full of exploration and collectibles to be had.
    Buy this game now.
  6. Mar 2, 2014
    Sleeping Dogs is basically Asian Grand Theft Auto. The only major difference besides location and different developers, is that Sleeping Dogs is very heavily melee combat based whereas GTA is primarily guns. Sleeping Dogs allows you to learn combination moves and special finishers that gives you thrills. Great graphics, great story. If you missed downloading this game last month for free,Sleeping Dogs is basically Asian Grand Theft Auto. The only major difference besides location and different developers, is that Sleeping Dogs is very heavily melee combat based whereas GTA is primarily guns. Sleeping Dogs allows you to learn combination moves and special finishers that gives you thrills. Great graphics, great story. If you missed downloading this game last month for free, I apologize, but it is worth money if you haven't played it. Expand
  7. Jan 4, 2014
    Definitely a must buy. At first I thought that this game would be a mistake to buy but them after a few minutes I fell inlove with this game and all of the content that comes with it especially at the end leaving me with a sad face because a game as good as this should never end.
  8. Jan 3, 2014
    Damn, this game was, and still is, great. Just beat it after 3 days of playing. The story was awesome, the combat was intense, and I could walk around for hours aimlessly, admiring the scenery. The graphics where beautiful, especially when it was raining. The sound track fit in well with every situation, and the radio has enough genres for everyone to enjoy. Still got more then 75% of theDamn, this game was, and still is, great. Just beat it after 3 days of playing. The story was awesome, the combat was intense, and I could walk around for hours aimlessly, admiring the scenery. The graphics where beautiful, especially when it was raining. The sound track fit in well with every situation, and the radio has enough genres for everyone to enjoy. Still got more then 75% of the side missions to complete, barely started on the collectibles, and people to one up on the leader boards. Expand
  9. Jan 2, 2014
    Sleeping Dogs was a real surprise hit for me; it’s a big, beautiful, invited open world that really does draw you in from the moment it begins. You start off on a rainy Hong Kong night as you are taking part in a drug deal that (as introductions like this so often do) goes horribly and violently wrong, you are almost immediately thrown head first into the action in what acts as a niceSleeping Dogs was a real surprise hit for me; it’s a big, beautiful, invited open world that really does draw you in from the moment it begins. You start off on a rainy Hong Kong night as you are taking part in a drug deal that (as introductions like this so often do) goes horribly and violently wrong, you are almost immediately thrown head first into the action in what acts as a nice fluid tutorial mission that has Sleeping Dogs 2you sprinting through a fish market/harbour type place jumping over and across different obstacles and generally trying to parkour your way away from the pursuing police force. This gives you a really good chance to work on your timing which is a crucial part of the gameplay mechanics and whereas getting it wrong here won’t necessarily do anything but make you look like a dick, getting it wrong once you are released into the wild later on can and will swiftly become the death of you! After the chase and the first real (and quite frankly impressive looking) cutscene you are put back in control on Shen and thrown into what is to be expected of a game like this; the mandatory introduction mission. This mission has your old friend Jackie Ma taking you on a tour of the town, introducing you to some of the key characters in the game and giving you a chance to practice some of the key features of the game as well. Everything from the combat, to the way missions are rated, the shopping experiences and some of the side missions you can expect along the way.Sleeping Dogs 4

The combat system in Sleeping Dogs is something that has had a lot of time and care put into. It is beautifully simple to learn but devilishly tricky to master. You’re first introduction to the in-game fisticuffs come when you and Jackie and ambushed by a group of rival gang members and it gives you the chance to try out some of the more basic combo attacks as well as the heavy and light combinations. This is all seems pretty cool but then you are introduced to the grapple mechanic which is a nice touch, you are able to grab some of the weaker enemies, drag them around the room, toss them around and then eventually you are shown how to perform Sleeping Dogs 10environmental kills which, if I’m being honest, are awesome!! The first environmental kill you get to perform involves throwing someone onto a counter and slamming the metal shutters down onto them with full force. Beautifully violent indeed!! Now being able to punch people repeatedly is all well and good but it’s only going to get you so far; you’re also going to need to stay alive; this is where the countering and blocking system comes into play. Very much like the attacking system this is nice and simple at first but is tricky to master, especially later in the game when you start fighting larger groups of people.

The mission ranking system is handled very nicely as well, as you are in a constant conflict by Sleeping Dogs 6trying to climb the ranks of the Triads and still being a cop you have 2 different ratings for each mission; The Triad rating and the Cop rating. The Triad rating meter is fuelled by violence and by finding creative and destructive ways of defeating enemies whereas the cop rating starts off as a full meter and, as you can imagine, starts to empty as you do morally questionable things. Basically if you want a good overall rating on missions you can still be a raging punch machine but you can’t act like a reckless sociopath while you do it. This adds a very nice dynamic to the gameplay and makes you actually think about what you’re doing instead of acting like the Asian Hulk all the time.

Sleeping Dogs 8When you find yourself free from the confines of the storyline or you just fancy a break there is plenty to keep you distracted throughout Hong Kong; the main event being the Favour system. When you look at your map you can see it is covered by these little yellow icons, each of these is a favour that somebody needs doing, these range from silly little things like delivering something to someone or giving someone a ride all the way through to damned near gang warfare and with each favour you do for someone not only do you earn a little money for someone you also work towards filling you Face Meter. Think of the face meter as a universal karmic reward system; the higher your rating goes, the more cool you get to unlock. The favours aren’t the only distraction to be had however, if you just fancy taking in the sights or going on a little adventure that’s absolutely fine as Sleeping Dogs 5well as there is an incredibly huge amount of things that Hong Kong has to offer. Some of these things range from: gambling, putting money on a fight, going to get a “massage”, going to stretch your vocal muscles at a Karaoke bar, going shopping for a new car or some new clothes or hunting out some of the many, many collectables. What you do is completely up to you, no one is going to judge!

Full review: http://idiotbox.co.uk/sleeping-dogs-review/
  10. Dec 30, 2013
    Não chega a ser um jogo ruim até que bem divertido porem o que mais irrita a mecânica de direção dos automóveis que não muito boa dando uma experiência de direção horrível e que me faz muitas vezs optar em usar as motocicletas.
  11. Dec 9, 2013
    There's really not a lot of flaws to find in this game, and I'm stretching to even point out the ones I did "find". Sure, we could go with the whole "GTA RIP OFF!!" nonsense, but let's be honest here: Sleeping Dogs doesn't hide the fact that it borrows heavily from the successful sandbox pioneer. Every sandbox game does. So let's skip that whole tripe and move on to deeper issues, and thenThere's really not a lot of flaws to find in this game, and I'm stretching to even point out the ones I did "find". Sure, we could go with the whole "GTA RIP OFF!!" nonsense, but let's be honest here: Sleeping Dogs doesn't hide the fact that it borrows heavily from the successful sandbox pioneer. Every sandbox game does. So let's skip that whole tripe and move on to deeper issues, and then let's talk about why I gave this game a solid 9.

For those of you who haven't picked up in what this game is about, it's fairly simple: Undercover cop with a shady past gets in over his head with Hong Kong's Triad gangs and chaos ensues. Wei Chen, the main character, is a solid fellow that I find myself rooting for throughout, and keeps things interesting with his little known past that pops up every once in awhile. He has a lot of depth, and that's a much needed factor when it comes to sandbox storylines. The gameplay is very GTA influenced, with cars ready to steal, guns ready to blaze, and odd jobs ready to be accomplished.

Now, moving on to the flaws (before I dive into anything else), as minute and nitpicky as it may seem, the fun and deep combat has some issues. While I enjoy it's Batman Arkham style gameplay, it doesn't flow as well. It feels slightly janky and somewhat unpolished. There are also graphical nit picks like characters arms and legs protruding through walls and that usual thing. Even the slow as molasses cursor for your map is kind of annoying. They couldn't make that slightly speedier? (If these are the only flaws I can find, than that's a good sign)

Despite those little nitpicky finds, this game is a remarkable play. It's graphics are lush, pretty, and detailed. The vehicle designs are outstanding. The city is large and full of things to look out for and do. The elements, like water and rain, are very well done. The sounds and voice acting are spot on and seamless, which is a triumph for sound editors to hear. The gameplay is fun and rewarding, and dare I say, outdoes any of it's sandbox counterparts. While the combat, as I said above, has its flaws, it's still fun to play, especially with an upgrade system that boosts your skills. The gunplay is a blast, like something out of a John Woo movie. The story is solid enough, although it had its weak moments. The game offers a buffet of things to do and lots of ways to earn money and skill points. Lastly, Sleeping Dogs offers one of the best vehicle control you've ever played in a game like this. Its fast, smooth, easy to control, and of course amazingly fun. Add elements like multi directional ramming, shooting out the window (John Woo style), bailing out at full speed, and hijacking other cars, and you've won me over lickity split.

Honestly, there's so much right with this game and so few things wrong, that it saddens me to know it didn't get the hype it deserved.  I would urge you to try this game out.
  12. Sep 24, 2013
    This is a great videogame. It really is. The gameplay is fantastic, the driving is excellent, the missions are alot of fun. It's just a very fun game, and a great addition to the sandbox genre. The campaign is a solid 10-12 hours and there's some bonus activities to complete as well. I had alot of fun with this one. My rating:8.5/10
  13. Aug 25, 2013
    A breath of fresh air in the open world genre. A game that allows for exploration through a non traditional open world environment (Hong Kong) and also a great list of characters that are superbly voice acted. The game takes a huge focus on hand to hand combat and does it so well with a number of brutal combos that include counters, heavy attacks, light attacks and special moves as well asA breath of fresh air in the open world genre. A game that allows for exploration through a non traditional open world environment (Hong Kong) and also a great list of characters that are superbly voice acted. The game takes a huge focus on hand to hand combat and does it so well with a number of brutal combos that include counters, heavy attacks, light attacks and special moves as well as the brutal environmental take downs. the driving is a lot of fun and feels very arcade style. there is lots to do including races, customizing cars, buying clothes, exploring the city, going out on dates and of course side missions for the triad and police groups. easily one of my favorite games of 2012. Expand
  14. Aug 19, 2013
    Much like the title of the game, this one is a sleeper. It's like a more fine-tuned version of GTA, with more character development and a much more satisfying story, pick this one up people
  15. Aug 18, 2013
    This game is simply fantastic. In the alley of the GTA series, this game brings something more to the genre. The world (Hongkong) feels alive and vivid, the combat system is good and fun, the main-missions and side-missions are exciting and the character you control that jumps between police and triad missions feels conflicted and interesting. In comparison with GTA IV this game feels aThis game is simply fantastic. In the alley of the GTA series, this game brings something more to the genre. The world (Hongkong) feels alive and vivid, the combat system is good and fun, the main-missions and side-missions are exciting and the character you control that jumps between police and triad missions feels conflicted and interesting. In comparison with GTA IV this game feels a lot more complete in my opinion, and it sometimes feels like they took GTA IV and remade it the right way.

I wanted to write something negative about this game since there is always something with every game, but im really struggling to find something. This game just holds you tight for the entire ride, and its well worth buying!
  16. Aug 5, 2013
    It's a delight to find a game that does a GTA game better than GTA. The combat is vastly superior to all entries of the GTA franchise, the storyline is tense and engage all the way through and the arcade-like style of driving makes for an exhilarating experience of Hong Kong...also makes me hungry for Pork Buns...
  17. Jun 7, 2013
    Sleeping Dogs is like if Mafia II, GTA IV and Yakuza mixed together, sadly It won't blow you away but Sleeping Dogs is a unique, good quality open world game. It lacks a bit of polish and it's graphics and character models feel somewhat dated but it maintains a great variety of mission types and gameplay. It incorporates a combat system similar to the Batman games but contains more depthSleeping Dogs is like if Mafia II, GTA IV and Yakuza mixed together, sadly It won't blow you away but Sleeping Dogs is a unique, good quality open world game. It lacks a bit of polish and it's graphics and character models feel somewhat dated but it maintains a great variety of mission types and gameplay. It incorporates a combat system similar to the Batman games but contains more depth and violence, that's mixed in with some decent third person shooter styled sequences. The narrative and story progression is good and major plot points occur over it's 15 hour long campaign quite rapidly and at a good pace, the narrative itself in the broadest sense is quite predictable but still remains quite well done and there is enough surprises to keep you enthralled.
    Sleeping Dogs feels like it could of been a lot more, but is definitely worth a play for an gamer.
  18. Jun 6, 2013
    A surprisingly good game. A well-written enjoyable story combined with a living active Hong Kong makes Sleeping Dogs worth playing and for me every penny was well spent on this game. And the good news for Play Station Plus members is that the game is free for download. So for PS+ members there is absolutely no excuse not to download Sleeping Dogs. I even found the game more enjoying thanA surprisingly good game. A well-written enjoyable story combined with a living active Hong Kong makes Sleeping Dogs worth playing and for me every penny was well spent on this game. And the good news for Play Station Plus members is that the game is free for download. So for PS+ members there is absolutely no excuse not to download Sleeping Dogs. I even found the game more enjoying than GTA IV. Sleeping Dogs is ironically the sleeper hit of the game. Expand
  19. Jun 3, 2013
    This is one of the better open-world games not named Batman: Arkham City, GTA or Saints Row. The action in of itself is combination of both Batman and Saints Row with a tad more realism of GTA. The portrayal of Hong Kong is surprisingly accurate although abbreviated. The acting is amazing. The story has elements of Infernal Affairs and pays homages to other Hong Kong/martial artsThis is one of the better open-world games not named Batman: Arkham City, GTA or Saints Row. The action in of itself is combination of both Batman and Saints Row with a tad more realism of GTA. The portrayal of Hong Kong is surprisingly accurate although abbreviated. The acting is amazing. The story has elements of Infernal Affairs and pays homages to other Hong Kong/martial arts films. The cons include the traveling between the islands of Hong Kong which should be improved (hopefully) by the next installment, and the constant use of items. The RPG-hybrid portion of the game is done very well. Overall, it's a must-buy although it still begs for some improvements. Expand
  20. May 30, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto plus Batman Arkham City like combat equals a fun game. I enjoyed this game a lot and loved how it was harder to come across guns that in Grand Theft Auto. This is a fun game that I do not regret buying.
  21. May 19, 2013
    Between its fantastic melee combat, rich visuals, engaging story and well-done RPG elements, Sleeping Dogs raises the bar of the open world genre. Your move, GTA.
  22. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sleeping Dogs does some things better than even the cream of the crop, and its story will be what keeps you focused on playing. The fact that the game happens to play well is simply icing on the cake. Expand
  23. May 14, 2013
    This game is pretty much fantastic. I loved every aspect of it.

This game is pretty much fantastic. I loved every aspect of it.

My main attraction to the game though was the fighting mechanics, if you've played Batman: Arkham Asylum City you will understand why. I love how fluent the fighting is, how you can string combos together and powerful moves to destroy a mass amount of enemies. I basically felt as if sometimes I wasn't actually playing the game, instead watching a great martial arts movie (I'm a sucker for those) with superb fighting scenes.

The graphics are nice and I love the culture that the game portrays, theres also a decent amount of things to do when not completing the story. I will say though that I was kind of disappointed at how short the story was, I wasn't mad at the developers for it though. It's simply because I enjoyed the game that much I sort of didn't want it to end so soon.

It's worth a buy if you're into free roam open world games with great fighting mechanics, fun races and a decent storyline. I recommended it to a few friends and they really enjoyed it.
  24. May 7, 2013
    The game is incredibly good. And this is coming from a gamer who doesn't play any GTA or similar. The story is mature and good, Honk Kong is full of life, side-quests and collectibles and the gameplay is quite enjoyable in every way possible.
    And now is on 'Classics', so it's a must buy :D
  25. Apr 30, 2013
    the gameplay is solid and smooth. although there is nothing new and creative in this game, i somehow enjoyed it a lot. for sure it is better than SR:the third. plus, i am from China, i can say they put hard work into the city and environment design to make the city a real HONGKONG. the background voice acting and sound are just amazing. i like gta mostly for the free roaming in cars, samethe gameplay is solid and smooth. although there is nothing new and creative in this game, i somehow enjoyed it a lot. for sure it is better than SR:the third. plus, i am from China, i can say they put hard work into the city and environment design to make the city a real HONGKONG. the background voice acting and sound are just amazing. i like gta mostly for the free roaming in cars, same here, love driving cars around the city. the combat is ok, not as fun as in batman game, but better than in AC. For me, it is a 7 game, i give it one more point for the believable hongkong feelings. Expand
  26. Apr 22, 2013
    Sleeping dogs is an amazing sandbox game from square enix, who in the last few years have had som pretty terrible games. the story is awesome way better then what gta has done in the past few attempts as you play both sides of the law in the game and the writing/voice acting int the game is top notch. there are some truely big stars in this one. the combat is alot like the latest batmanSleeping dogs is an amazing sandbox game from square enix, who in the last few years have had som pretty terrible games. the story is awesome way better then what gta has done in the past few attempts as you play both sides of the law in the game and the writing/voice acting int the game is top notch. there are some truely big stars in this one. the combat is alot like the latest batman games but with more depth such as unlockable combos and perks. the driving and gunplay are also quite good with the driving being quite arcady feeling and the guns dealing definative damage. the graphics in the game are definately not going to blow you away like crysis 3 or skyrim but they are seviceable and some of the textures are quite nice to look at. over all the game is quite amazing, the story is good, gameplay is enjoyable, and its a fairly long game if you want to get 100% completeion. also at 30 bucks used right now at gamestop, nows the best time to experience this gem. Expand
  27. Apr 14, 2013
    ¿Que tiene que tener un sandox para llamar mi atención? no se.

Sleeping Dogs. La verdad que no se como fue que me llego a interesar este juego porque en general a mi los sandbox me aburren, nunca me eh terminado un GTA porque como dije me aburren a excepción de Red dead redemption que eso es una hermosa obra de arte pero fue la acción que me llamo la atención?...Repito no se que fue
    ¿Que tiene que tener un sandox para llamar mi atención? no se.

Sleeping Dogs.

La verdad que no se como fue que me llego a interesar este juego porque en general a mi los sandbox me aburren, nunca me eh terminado un GTA porque como dije me aburren a excepción de Red dead redemption que eso es una hermosa obra de arte pero fue la acción que me llamo la atención?...Repito no se que fue lo que me llamo pero la verdad que no me arrepiento de que haya interesado porque los muchachos de square enix y united front games hicieron un gran juego y para que yo termine y me dieran las ganas de platinarlo(que no lo hice) es porque realmente vale la pena jugarlo. El juego esta basado en Hong kong donde nuestro querido protagonista wei shen hace papel de un policia encubierto tras haberse mandado unas cagadas en los Estados unidos, pero para hacer bien su trabajo tiene que jugar el papel de justiciero y de mafioso. La historia esta buena, no es del todo una alegria sino que tiene sus giros drásticos y que te den ganas de matar es algo genial :B (hablo en el juego, no te dan ganas de matar en the real life).
    Durante todo el juego podemos aumentar de rango en distintas cosas por ejemplo Cosas de policías, de maleantes, etc; la ambientación de hong kong es genial no es un mapa grande pero los detalles de la ciudad son buenos y tiene mucha vida, esta llena de gente que cada uno hace lo suyo y no siempre lo mismo(no se si me llegan a entender a lo que me refiero).

Gráficamente el juego es genial, supieron utilizar muy bien el motor havok. Cada detalle de la ciudad, el agua, cuando estas mojado todo eso se ve genial.
    Su jugabilidad es mas que buena demasiada cómoda, nada de que quejarme o opinar al respecto.
    Sonido esta bien, tiene buena banda sonora y sería un punto a favor a mis gustos.
    La acción es genial, mucha y mucha acción de la buena, y no solo tiros a pie sino en autos a persecución sino las peleas "mano a mano", pelear contra muchos es algo divertido ya que wei shen es una mezcla entre jackie chan y bruce lee.

Como todo juego tiene sus cosas malas y lo principal serían los Bugs osea en que juego sandox no están presentes nuestros queridos bugs? en sleeping dogs no hacen la excepción también carece de originalidad esta bien que tenga muy buena historia muy buena jugabilidad pero no van a ver nada que no hayan visto en un gta.

Sleeping dogs es un excelente juego de acción, un hong kong lleno de vida que no siempre encontraras algo divertido que hacer, aunque no es mas que una copia de GTA
  28. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is incredibly fun to play. If you don't like games with a storyline then you can still play this game. This is a free roam game that leaves you wanting to create mayhem all over the city just for the heck of it. It will leave you exploring for hours on end. If you don't care about that then the storyline is GREAT. You know it has a good story when you feel sympathetic towards theThis game is incredibly fun to play. If you don't like games with a storyline then you can still play this game. This is a free roam game that leaves you wanting to create mayhem all over the city just for the heck of it. It will leave you exploring for hours on end. If you don't care about that then the storyline is GREAT. You know it has a good story when you feel sympathetic towards the characters when something happens. The fighting system is great and the way they made the enemies glow when they are about to attack makes it not too hard and not too easy. Plus there's new moves you can learn and new guns you can equip the game is awesome! Overall this game is a must play for anyone. 9 out of 10. Expand
  29. Mar 23, 2013
    Once I started playing this game I played nothing else. Played 3 hours a day for over week until completion.

Is it a GTA clone? Well, yes but I found it a better game GTA shooting is very clunky where as the shooting in Sleeping Dogs is a lot better executed. Also you don't use guns all that much and rely on hand to hand combat which is similar, but better than Batman Arkham

Also you don't use guns all that much and rely on hand to hand combat which is similar, but better than Batman Arkham Asylum City

Right now this game can be picked up for a very reasonable price and is well worth it if you like games like GTA, Saints Row or Red Dead Redemption
  30. Mar 8, 2013
    wonderful game-play,stunning environments and a very believable plot worthy of a movie all make this a must play game and is truly a very unique gaming experience

1. Jan 14, 2013
    Sleeping Dogs had been in development as the next installment of Activision's "True Crime" franchise but the publisher ceased funding and cancelled it. Square Enix turned up to salvage the project and Sleeping Dogs was the result. The fact it turned out as good as it did -- that it's executed so well, performs as well as it does, sets the bar for open world combat and driving -- made Sleeping Dogs, story stumbles aside, the most surprising game of 2012.
  2. Sep 23, 2012
    As much as it may lack polish and finesse, Sleeping Dogs makes up for its minor shortcomings with pure entertainment. [Issue#89,p.78]
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Sep 18, 2012
    Sleeping Dogs is an addictive diamond in the rough with a compelling story and insane combat only slightly let down by poor driving and racing mechanics. [Oct 2012, p.54]