7.8

1. Sep 6, 2013
    This game is not up to the expectations. Its below the expected.The graphics are poor. The gameplay and fightstyles and storyline are the only plus points in this game.
  2. Jan 15, 2014
    As someone who got this free with an Xbox Live Gold Membership, this game is garbage. The game literally makes me sick to my stomach when I play it, especially when driving. Why you ask? Because it's so damn blurry. Literally, the whole game is like a huge blur when fighting, driving, etc... Besides that, the game looks like a cartoon. When I slam a guy's head into a exhaust fan, I expect his head to get chopped up. But no, he falls out of the damn thing with no blood or cuts on his face whatsoever. That's another thing, the violence in this game is so kiddy. Seriously, play GTA and you'll see a huge difference. All the enemies are sterotypical racist kung-fu guys that yell "wah!" and "yee!" and "hah!" constantly. I know it's supposed to be Hong Kong but for pete's sake, this isn't a Jackie Chan movie. Besides, Jackie Chan is a disgrace to his people and culture because he makes fun of himself literally all the time. Anyway, just don't even think about buying this game if you want an enjoyable experience. The formula is this: Drive to this location, beat up 20 guys, drive somewhere else, pick up this person, etc, etc... Borrrinnng! Jeez... Expand
  3. Mar 14, 2013
    I am quite disappointed with the game. The story is waaaaaayyy too predictable and a bit too boring. The fighting is fun but the AIs are a bit too sluggish. As a kung fu based game I really thought the fighting would be very fast, quick and tense but instead the most of the AIs are always standing around waiting for you to go to them and attack them then they attack you. The driving mechanic is bit clunky. The Hong Kong theme is quite good though and some of the activities are quite cool like the karaoke. But the game became quite boring too quickly. SOme of the side missions are quite boring but there are some quite fun side missions especially the ones that have Wei surrounded by enemies and Wei have to fight his way out. Sleeping dogs went below my expectation but this game got potential. Expand
  4. Jan 11, 2014
    I love the game dont get me wrong it is wonderful. But when I fight it doesnt counter their attacks which is annoying if you are fighting many people. I also dont like that when ever I get in missions to fight there are like 6 to 10 guys which i think is far too much and you dont regenerate. When you do regenerate it is only to half health that is why I gave it the score i did.

1. Jan 14, 2013
    Sleeping Dogs had been in development as the next installment of Activision's "True Crime" franchise but the publisher ceased funding and cancelled it. Square Enix turned up to salvage the project and Sleeping Dogs was the result. The fact it turned out as good as it did -- that it's executed so well, performs as well as it does, sets the bar for open world combat and driving -- made Sleeping Dogs, story stumbles aside, the most surprising game of 2012.
  2. Sep 23, 2012
    As much as it may lack polish and finesse, Sleeping Dogs makes up for its minor shortcomings with pure entertainment. [Issue#89,p.78]
  3. Sep 18, 2012
    Sleeping Dogs is an addictive diamond in the rough with a compelling story and insane combat only slightly let down by poor driving and racing mechanics. [Oct 2012, p.54]