6.7

1. Oct 1, 2014
    Absolutely loved this game! Played the first PC version, but this adds a lot more game play with the new levels. The music is really good and when you play in total pitch dark, it can seriously creep you out. But then again, I spook easy! All those subtle sound effects really get in your head and you start inventing sounds in your damn room! Overall, I think the Indie devs at Blue Isle didAbsolutely loved this game! Played the first PC version, but this adds a lot more game play with the new levels. The music is really good and when you play in total pitch dark, it can seriously creep you out. But then again, I spook easy! All those subtle sound effects really get in your head and you start inventing sounds in your damn room! Overall, I think the Indie devs at Blue Isle did a super job! Expand
  2. Sep 24, 2014
    I give it a 7 because I do like this game but this port is horrendous, the fps is awful as at the beginning it dropped so many times it felt like I was using my laptop. For some reason to zoom in and out you click the right stick instead of obviously using the bumpers. Also the graphics, omg the graphics... This should be on Next Gen not current gen.
  3. Dec 22, 2014
    Not being a whole review, but more as judgement, this game is an okay PC port, but in all reality, it is the same thing as what you can find on the PC, but with downgraded graphics and many bugs.

Playing the first couple of missions are buggy, including the fact that that slenderman can get stuck inside many objects. If you want to play this game, just get it on PC if you have one,

If you want to play this game, just get it on PC if you have one, and if you don't, this will give you the similar experience.
  4. Sep 29, 2014
    Truly a very scary game, well deserving of the Slender name. I can get over the graphics if the game is fun and boy is it fun! I hoped for a longer campaign but maybe we will see some dlc? Great game either way.
  5. Jan 30, 2015
    I would rate this game 10, mainly because of the highly detailed scenery and the truly terrifying jumpscares. It took me a good 3 hours to complete the game, mainly due to being too scared to play, heh. The extra details on the console version makes the gameplay even more nerve crunching. At some points, it got me screaming, in both fear and surprise. Adding Charlie was even better, theI would rate this game 10, mainly because of the highly detailed scenery and the truly terrifying jumpscares. It took me a good 3 hours to complete the game, mainly due to being too scared to play, heh. The extra details on the console version makes the gameplay even more nerve crunching. At some points, it got me screaming, in both fear and surprise. Adding Charlie was even better, the extra levels really got me. throughout the game, my heart was pounding and I was trembling. I really do love this game, and I would certainly play it again. Expand
  6. Oct 8, 2014
    Love this game. I didn't find it all that scary after the first few encounters but there were a few good scares. the game is really fun to play and that is why I have given it an 8. The developers have added more levels and done a really good job of extending the game play and there is real motivation to try to complete the game on hardcore. There is level select and lots ofLove this game. I didn't find it all that scary after the first few encounters but there were a few good scares. the game is really fun to play and that is why I have given it an 8. The developers have added more levels and done a really good job of extending the game play and there is real motivation to try to complete the game on hardcore. There is level select and lots of collectibles. Overall a quality purchase for only $9, totally worth it. Expand
  7. May 28, 2014
    finally this game is coming for xbox 360 (and later for ps3 too)...it's a really scarry game with a good graphics and great concept...too bad is too damn short :/
  8. Feb 28, 2015
    Did we really need another Slender game? It may be only a port, but nonetheless, terrible and just a port. Boring, uncollective, and just plain. Move over, slender?
  9. Jun 6, 2015
    Nothing happened after twenty minutes of playing this game. No story. No action. No interest. Slender The Arrival is a zero for people that have played any other survival horror game.
  10. Sep 24, 2014
    The game is actually very well with creating a very oppressive atmosphere, along with paranoia and at times disorientation (which can be good for creating more fear, but at times frustration). Game had a great storyline, one that is much less confusing than the original release. Also to mention it has more fearful gameplay. The graphics were a bit of a shock to see with the downgrade toThe game is actually very well with creating a very oppressive atmosphere, along with paranoia and at times disorientation (which can be good for creating more fear, but at times frustration). Game had a great storyline, one that is much less confusing than the original release. Also to mention it has more fearful gameplay. The graphics were a bit of a shock to see with the downgrade to last-generation console standards. It is clear that this game would be much better visually on the Xbox One/PS4. Expand
  11. Apr 18, 2015
    This game is pretty short, but still manages to deliver some good scares and atmosphere. I especially like how this game combines jumpscares with more subtle, atmospheric horror.
  12. Jun 18, 2015
    This game defines indie survival horror. Keep in mind, this game was made by an indie developer. And standing for what it is and what it was even advertised as fulfills its promises completely. They even state in the FAQ section that the visuals were improved, but still kept to the same feel of The Eight Pages. They intentionally made it look better, but not the best. The story was meantThis game defines indie survival horror. Keep in mind, this game was made by an indie developer. And standing for what it is and what it was even advertised as fulfills its promises completely. They even state in the FAQ section that the visuals were improved, but still kept to the same feel of The Eight Pages. They intentionally made it look better, but not the best. The story was meant to be included, and it is pretty easy to understand through notes that you collect and if you take time to think into it. But it wasn't meant to be a huge thing, no, it was meant to be the way it exactly is. An extension of The Eight Pages. Adding two new villains, and difficulty settings. Which yes, the difficulties actually vary the gameplay. Hardcore is incredibly hard, the flashlight runs out in probably ten to fifteen minutes. It depletes on the other difficulties except for easy. The experience was overall fun, from the beginning through, it is based around exploration surprisingly. I really enjoyed walking around the full and complete maps to find every collectable. Some collectables are vital to know the story, some are just signs and cool little additions. I spent fifteen hours playing this game on every difficulty setting, collecting every collectable, and getting every achievement. I still enjoy replaying it. The game also features a little randomization, while small, the notes in The Eight Pages section are randomized locations. Spawn points are one of two places I have discovered. Some landmarks even change locations. The flashlight in the beginning is in different locations, generators, the path to follow near the end. I found the game to be jump worthy. It scared the living daylights out of me, every villain. Play this with the Oculus and you may have a heart attack. I'm not kidding. There are nine main levels, some are based solely around exploration. 5 of the 9 have real threats to the player. The music score is compelling and it really adds to the game's overall atmosphere. This game really surprised me with its release, sure there's bugs and a couple glitches near the beginning of the game. Once you get past those though, it's really an amazing game. The easter eggs are featured in the game as well that were in the PC original release. It features a recreation of the original The Eight Pages map. And it's overall a solid game. The game should take you on your first playthrough, approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes. You will love to replay it though, and be prepared to jump. The characters have a backstory, the events roll out in sort of a twist. Everything makes sense if you really are focused on the game. There are secrets, hidden scares, it really is an indie masterpiece. I would love for Blue Isle Studios to follow this and make another Slender game just like it. It blew my mind, full 10/10. Brilliant, no developer can do this better. There are discounts on the game every now and then on the 360, I know Steam has outrageously cheap prices for it every now and then. So there is no excuse for a big survival horror fan to not pick this up. Expand

1. Dec 11, 2014
    With a few effective scares and hints of an interesting story, Slender: The Arrival is the kind of experience that anyone looking to juice their heartrate for half an hour should seek out. After the shock has worn off, though, the game has nothing left to offer.
  2. Oct 31, 2014
    While the concept still works on the console the greatest horror lies in the technical execution, which is really terrifying with its frame drops, lowres textures and meager sound design.
  3. Oct 27, 2014
    A plain porting from PC which doesn't contain enough substance to justify the admission ticket, quickly ending up on the boring side of the spectrum.