7.8

1. Jul 31, 2014
    Alright, my first review. This game is a failed sequel to the original. The World Tour looks dumb, the way you unlock characters is just not right, no one who's a racing fan DON'T want to this way to unlock characters. The CPU's is shown to be unfair and cheap, I don't know half of the characters without profiles, which this game don't have. And last the DLC is boring, the PC version is unfair and more focus then the console version.

Toughest challenge for Mario Kart? Not by a long shot, more like the easy challenge for Mario Kart. 1 out of 10.
  2. May 19, 2013
    I used to like Sonic. I remember two years earlier (Grade 6) I wore a Sonic hat shaped like his quills to school and pretended me and my friends were Sonic characters, and eagerly awaited Sonic Generations, the one game I was looking forward to the most that year. But I've since changed. Sonic is a game for babies, and yet his fanbase is flooded with whiny and idiotic teens and adults. Only recently have I decided to stop playing Sonic. Now let's get into reviewing the actual game. It's a TRAINWRECK of a kart racer, a homage to retro Sega, a Sonic game and as a material object. I thought the worst was behind Sonic, and that the future for him looked brighter. Far from it. This is THE worst Sonic game ever made, and one of the worst games in history.
    Let's start off small. The game is a sad and blatant cash grab. It's clearly ripping off Mario Kart 7 with its 'land, air and water' gimmick. Sadly there's no avoiding a comparison between the two games, and it won't be pretty. On one hand, MK7 was a polished and well-made kart racer (possibly the best in the series, even), wheras ASRT is broken, ugly and disgraceful. Oh yeah, you thought Sonic 06 was broken? This one has millions more glitches. MILLIONS. I couldn't play a single race without at least ten glitches. The collision detection dissapears for both objects and item boxes, the vehicle wouldn't transform at the right time (when I come to a body of water, it would stay in car mode, and my character drowned) and sometimes the position ranking doesn't even go up, meaning that you can stay in lead all throughout a race and come in last, all because the position ranking wouldn't move. The all-star moves are a joke. They are seriously downgraded from the first game, because now THEY DO NOTHING. I'm not even joking, they're just eye candy! As far as I'm concerned it's another glitch. I wouldn't be suprised at all. Split-screen multiplayer lags everywhere, making one short race take up to an hour! Online multiplaer is arguably even WORSE. The game was supposed to pay homage to Sega's glory days, back when they didn't suck, but they just ended up ruining all their franchises. I'd give this game a 1 out of 10 if the music was any decent, but it's godawful (enough to make Ke$ha's music seem like a masterpiece), so a 0 it is. One of the worst things ever created.
  3. Feb 28, 2013
    Oh dear. What a mess. fro the offset you can't help but compare it to the industry standard set by Nintendo with their far superior outings of Mario Kart. There really hasn't been much improved since the last game. Controlling either car, boat or plane (it alternates on laps) all feel either a mix of light or terribly clunky. Track design is mediocre at best but other times it feels such a let down and uninspiring. Music and sound effects are ear piercingly awful. Gone are the days of Sega's triumphant music composers and here we have some generic beats that don't reflect any nostalgia whatsoever. I don't want to reminded by stupid voice overs what part of the Menu I'm selecting, nor do I want to be told what lame projectiles or abilities I've driven over all the time. Yes ok, it has Vyse from Skies of Arcadia, and occasionally I had a few good laps and felt this is ok then it brings me back to the benchmark game: Mario Kart. No other 'toon racer will ever come close to matching the enjoyment of Nintendo's finest and this is a very dull and half-hearted attempt on a collection of Sega mascots killed in a blender. Sorry it really is that bad. Expand
  4. Nov 25, 2012
    Sadly this little racer just hasn't what it takes to be a Mario Kart beater. It never even come close. Boring track design and characters just not as charming as nintendo's.

1. Jan 23, 2013
    Devilishly hard, but also very rewarding. Sharp controls, sugary colours, plentiful fan service and for the most part highly successful track designs combine to make one excellent arcade racer. [Jan 2013]
  2. Jan 19, 2013
    Blue skies, great control and a real challenge - Transformed has all the hallmarks of one of the classic Sega games it brilliantly celebrates. Still, the less devoted may find it too playful for a hardcore racer, or too hardcore for a playful one. [Issue#93, p.81]
  3. Jan 6, 2013
    Out of three recently released karting games – other two being F1 Racing Stars and LittleBigPlanet Karting – this is the best one, especially if you look at them through the eyes of a real gamer. [1/2013, p.70]