Sonic the Hedgehog Xbox 360

4.4

1. Sep 28, 2016
    O jogo era para ser grandioso, mas a sega lançou o jogo em fase beta mesmo assim, cheio de erros, alguns personagens tem graficos feios, cheio de bugs e historia estranha de romance entre a princesa e sonic
  2. Sep 18, 2016
    Bad gameplay, bad new characters, bad stages, BAD EVERYTHING. The only thing that is "good" in the game are the musics. His World is a perfect song for a final battle or for a epic moment. But every other aspect are SH#T !
  3. Aug 17, 2016
    This game is frustratingly awful. I had a hard time with every level glitching out and killing me time after time. The loading time though annoying is manageable except for the pointless parts where it takes you to a three second piece of dialogue in betwen loading screens! The graphics for being an early xbnox 360 and ps3 game, are pretty decent. The music is okay too. But the combat forThis game is frustratingly awful. I had a hard time with every level glitching out and killing me time after time. The loading time though annoying is manageable except for the pointless parts where it takes you to a three second piece of dialogue in betwen loading screens! The graphics for being an early xbnox 360 and ps3 game, are pretty decent. The music is okay too. But the combat for silver and all characters aside from shadow and sonic are just awful. That is why it gets a two and that's pushing it. Expand
  4. Jul 31, 2016
    A barely functioning sub-par game that constantly has frame-rate drops, slowdown and tediously long loading screens with a nonsensical convoluted story with more holes than Swiss Cheese.
  5. Jul 16, 2016
    THIS is the worst game ever loading times bad story and THE BUGS
    the only good thing is the music tracks i have the ps3 version btw
    i got this on xmas of 2015 i wanted ist btw
  6. Jul 9, 2016
    One of the worst games ive ever played. The animation and music were OK, and that's it. That's just it.
    The game was so beginner unfriendly. Its kind of like this: Thanks for buying Sonic 06! Now do a speedrun level and learn all the controls and physics for this game. I got to what I think was the 2nd level, and then got trapped in a hole I couldn't escape. After a few minutes of trying to escape, I realized this game was bad and I haven't played it since. Not a good 2012 Christmas present, don't buy this.
  7. Jun 29, 2016
    Sonic 06 is an absolute slap in the face to all Sonic fans. This game is a broken mess. There are glitches everywhere, the graphics are unimpressive, the story is stupid and confusing, and the game as a whole is uninteresting. The only good thing about this game is the soundtrack. I'm a hardcore sonic fan, but this is not even worth renting for a laugh.
  8. May 29, 2016
    The best thing I can say about this "game" is the opening cut-scene's graphics like oh my god looks like we won't be seeing anything like this anymore in the game. Sonic's character is pretty good I guess 3/10.
  9. May 17, 2016
    Seriously, screw this game this is so terrible that I don't even know why SEGA is still around but this game could have been so much better but stupid SEGA rushed development but I will admit that the music is awesome. This game is still so terrible it shouldn't even exist and I urge anyone who bought this waste of your time, money and sanity to burn it with a blowtorch,cut it with aSeriously, screw this game this is so terrible that I don't even know why SEGA is still around but this game could have been so much better but stupid SEGA rushed development but I will admit that the music is awesome. This game is still so terrible it shouldn't even exist and I urge anyone who bought this waste of your time, money and sanity to burn it with a blowtorch,cut it with a chainsaw, crush it with a car and burn it even more to send it back where it came from. Hell. Expand
  10. Apr 25, 2016
    Its disgusting how this game even has the audacity to even use the name of the first beloved Sonic classic as if it will be anything like the first game
  11. Apr 4, 2016
    This was the game that really started to ruin sonics legacy. We are probably never going to get a good sonic game are we. Or even a good show. It glitches, storyline sucks, and gameplay is terrible.
  12. Mar 10, 2016
    Wow... wow... I knew this game was bad, but it didn't know it was this bad. Sonic the Hedgehog is so unfinished it's laughable. How the hell can you glitch through levels? I know there are lot more bugs but that's just laziness right there. And don't get me started on Silver. The reason I gave it a little credit, because of the music, and how great it looks for 2006. Other than that, binWow... wow... I knew this game was bad, but it didn't know it was this bad. Sonic the Hedgehog is so unfinished it's laughable. How the hell can you glitch through levels? I know there are lot more bugs but that's just laziness right there. And don't get me started on Silver. The reason I gave it a little credit, because of the music, and how great it looks for 2006. Other than that, bin this POS. Expand
  13. Feb 22, 2016
    This game is terrible, the character's are lame, the story makes no sense, there are glitches everywhere, the game-play is horrible, the camera feels like an epilepsy victim was using it, the loading screen's are annoying, the controls are insane, and Sonic is so fast, that the game play 's by itself, the only good thing about this game is that the graphics look very nice, but that'sThis game is terrible, the character's are lame, the story makes no sense, there are glitches everywhere, the game-play is horrible, the camera feels like an epilepsy victim was using it, the loading screen's are annoying, the controls are insane, and Sonic is so fast, that the game play 's by itself, the only good thing about this game is that the graphics look very nice, but that's saying much, DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME!!
    Play other 3D game's, like Mario or Zelda.
  14. Feb 18, 2016
    If you're a Sonic fan or not, you'll most likely be disappointed with this lazily rushed game. Because there's another game with the same name (there's a 1991 game of the same name on the Sega Genesis), people commonly call it Sonic 2006 or Sonic 06 or whatever. This is by far the worst installment to celebrate an anniversary on a franchise ever. (It was made to celebrate 15 years of theIf you're a Sonic fan or not, you'll most likely be disappointed with this lazily rushed game. Because there's another game with the same name (there's a 1991 game of the same name on the Sega Genesis), people commonly call it Sonic 2006 or Sonic 06 or whatever. This is by far the worst installment to celebrate an anniversary on a franchise ever. (It was made to celebrate 15 years of the hedgehog).

It did, on the other hand, generates us some good ideas. That's the good part about this game. Sadly, everything else is most likely ruined thanks to Sega rushing on the game.
  15. Feb 6, 2016
    Sonic '06... Sonic '06... oh my gosh. Ten years later, and it is still a terrible, broken, and sometimes unfinished mess. I know this game was rushed and development started right after Shadow's game and Sonic Team had to adjust to the new Xbox 360 and PS3 hardware and it was Sonic's 15th anniversary, but seriously? Why? I know Sonic gets anniversary titles like the 10th anniversary titleSonic '06... Sonic '06... oh my gosh. Ten years later, and it is still a terrible, broken, and sometimes unfinished mess. I know this game was rushed and development started right after Shadow's game and Sonic Team had to adjust to the new Xbox 360 and PS3 hardware and it was Sonic's 15th anniversary, but seriously? Why? I know Sonic gets anniversary titles like the 10th anniversary title Sonic Adventure 2 and the 20th anniversary title Sonic Generations (and whatever he's getting for his 25th, which, at the time of this review, has not been announced yet), but couldn't they have just delayed it a year to perfect their game?

This game contains a terrible plot, broken gameplay, plot holes, and horrendous voice direction. The story here is just, just awful. Sonic saves newcomer Elise so many times (and that's his story, I'm serious), Shadow deals with a new villain named Mephiles (that's his whole story), and newcomer Silver deals with new villain Iblis (and again, that's it). When their stories are (somehow) beaten, you unlock the last story. It's terrible, but I will admit, the final boss is alright. And that's it. I will not spoil the last story for you, for some reason. I just don't like to talk about spoilers if somebody else hasn't experienced it.

The gameplay is alright, but cheap. Sometimes, you'll just do a homing attack so far, you'll fall into a bottomless pit. Jumping onto other rails doesn't work.

There are some things I honestly love. The art direction, the graphics, and the music are honestly fantastic. Everything else, well, isn't.

Sonic '06 had potential to be great. If only SEGA had given Sonic Team more development time.
  16. Feb 4, 2016
    the best way to describe this game is broken. the physic engine in this game is so broken that it utterly destroys any fun you could have while playing this game. and if that wasn't enough the game is full with bugs and glitches, the loading screens are so frequent and so long, the story is terrible and even disturbing at times, the camera lives an independent live making a lot of the bossthe best way to describe this game is broken. the physic engine in this game is so broken that it utterly destroys any fun you could have while playing this game. and if that wasn't enough the game is full with bugs and glitches, the loading screens are so frequent and so long, the story is terrible and even disturbing at times, the camera lives an independent live making a lot of the boss fights unfair (looking at you Silver the Hedgehog) and even the characters suck (saying a lot when your franchise is known for creating numerous useless and/or annoying characters). the only good thing about this game is the soundtrack but you can just as well listen it on you-tube for free. Expand
  17. Feb 2, 2016
    This game is the most universally panned Sonic game, other than maybe Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Let me be clear. I am NOT a Sonic fan. I am NOT a Sonic hater. The story for this game is... ugh... well, to be fair, the only reason people hate the story is because of beastiality. If it weren't a Sonic game, if Sonic and friends were replaced with humans (other than the fact that theThis game is the most universally panned Sonic game, other than maybe Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Let me be clear. I am NOT a Sonic fan. I am NOT a Sonic hater. The story for this game is... ugh... well, to be fair, the only reason people hate the story is because of beastiality. If it weren't a Sonic game, if Sonic and friends were replaced with humans (other than the fact that the gameplay wouldn't make sense without Sonic,) no one would have a problem with the story. Or the Hero/Damsel kiss. On to the gameplay! The gameplay is fine. It plays like any other modern Sonic game. The biggest problem is the glitches and load times. This game is filled to the brim with bugs. You can be going at a high speed, experiencing what you want to experience in a Sonic game, but suddenly get hit by... what? Whether this is lag or a glitch can't help this. Sonic Team is about as irresponsible with their games as a crappy "indie" developers on Steam early access. You CANNOT release a game in this state. That is not okay. The load times are, as I mentioned, awful. You can talk to an NPC, load for an annoying amount of time, they say a line or two, and MORE LOADING. It makes you wonder if anyone actually tested the game. The only good parts are the graphics and the gameplay, on the off-chance that the gameplay will work. But wait, Shadow's in it? Silver? This game is the reason FURRIES exist?? Dammit.

There are plenty of fans of this game. These fans are blinded by... I don't know. They like Sonic the Hedgehog so damn much that they can't comprehend how unbearable this game is. Let's get this straight. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to praise the series' embarrassingly wet underwear. I LOVE Pokemon, Mario, and even things that didn't stem from video games, such as DragonBall Z. But even my most beloved titles have Pokemon Rumble U, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, and DragonBall GT. It is okay to dislike your favorite IP's skid marks. This game's condition is inexcusable, so treat it as such.
  18. Jan 14, 2016
    This game changed my life forever; with stunning graphics and coded with amazing skill, not a glitch can be found in this masterpiece OF AFUL SH*T THIS GAME IS THE WORST DONT PLAY THIS F*CKING GAME!
  19. Jan 8, 2016
    Now let me tell you, this is better than sonic boom: rise of the lyrics, but this game IS AWFUL!

Graphics (3/10) Even though the graphics are good, I think they are only focused on the graphics, not the Gameplay. Soundtrack (10/10) Very good soundtrack. Gameplay (0/10) This game is a buggy mess, and loading takes over a minute to load (well for me at least) Story

Graphics (3/10)

Soundtrack (10/10)

Very good soundtrack.

Gameplay (0/10)

Story (0/10)

Story is awful and confusing

20. Nov 22, 2015
    Its by far one of the worse sonic games or one of the worse games I have ever played I only like a little bit of the story the music and the characters (except for elise) im just giving it a 3
  21. Nov 15, 2015
    anyone that says this is a good game needs their head exammined i respect sonic team and sega they have great games but this is just awful i cant get past the first level becuse of glitches and sonic dissapering:/
  22. Nov 15, 2015
    This is by faaaaaaaar ther game ive ever ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ing played.I only enjoyed one thing the sound track (Which you can buy seperatley) I liked the cutscene where shadow kicks silver in the head but the sheer awfulness of this game lies in the amont of glitches Bad level design Pukey charachtar developments and fan service which failed misserabally I dont think any fan wanted this ( ͡° ͜ʖThis is by faaaaaaaar ther game ive ever ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ing played.I only enjoyed one thing the sound track (Which you can buy seperatley) I liked the cutscene where shadow kicks silver in the head but the sheer awfulness of this game lies in the amont of glitches Bad level design Pukey charachtar developments and fan service which failed misserabally I dont think any fan wanted this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)house of a game. Expand
  23. Oct 17, 2015
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 is the worst game I have ever played. It has too many glitches and has a lot of annoying characters and some horrible voice actors. That is all
  24. Oct 14, 2015
    Sonic the Hedgehog has been a likable character since the days of the Sega Genesis. Sonic Adventure started out in the Dreamcast and became one of the most successful games on the platform in the mid 1990's. Up until now has Sega released a poorly optimized Sonic game that doesn't stand its own ground thanks to its clunky gameplay and its unfair lives system.

You start off by choosing

You start off by choosing three stories that all have to be completed before you face the final boss of the game. You start off by choosing three main characters; Sonic, Shadow, and Silver. Sure all of these characters maybe fun to play as when you first get the feeling, then comes the gameplay. I personally start off with Sonic to play as first.

The game starts off with a cutscene that looks like a Final Fantasy game; the human characters look atrociously animated and does not feel like you are a playing a Sonic game. A princess named Elise is kidnapped by Dr. Eggman, Sonic must chase and look for princess Elise before anything else goes wrong. The game introduces more characters along the way; such as Tails, Kunkles, Amy etc.

After you finally gain control of Sonic, the game feels extremely sensitive to the controls in which you are controlling. For example, if you slightly tilt the controller, Sonic will walk at a normal pace, but if you hold it all the way forward, he will run so fast that it is really difficult to control him and you will very likely die at multiple sections of the game due to the sensitive controls and movement of Sonic. There are mini-games you can play in the town you are placed in, but why play them? Choosing to accept a mini-game will put you in a twenty second loading screen to read of a short description of that mini-game, but then you have to wait another twenty seconds then fully begin the mini-game. The mini-games themselves don't do very much to help you out; if you could get complete a mini-game in the given time you are supposed to beat, you will be given currency to buy items that could potentially help out Sonic in his quest.

Then there are the HUB worlds, which are not all that great unfortunately. The first level starts out exciting with Sonic going using a loop-de-loop; then he slides on the water to go on the beach to continue the level. The game wants you to have high expectations for the rest of the game, and if does a really great job at that. At one part in the level, you start playing as Tails. Tails is way more sensitive than Sonic, he has a flying ability that is just as clunky as Sonic's movement. Then he has this attack that he uses to throw rings that are used as a bomb. I died multiple times due to a substantial amount of glitches throughout the level. For example, I was playing as Sonic at one point, I noticed this loop I could run up, when I tried going up the loop, I instead teleported somewhere in the water and then drowned and lost a life (which by the way, hedgehogs in real life can swim).

Then I get to the second part of the level where I only have two lives left. I had no idea what I was supposed to do, and the game doesn't explain what is going on. Basically you are placed in a auto-scroller, Sonic moves all by himself and runs so fast that you can only move him left and right. Sonic runs so fast that you literally have to push left or right on your controller to get him where he needs to go. Unfortunately, I lost all of my lives on this section because I hit something and died in one hit, even though I had rings left as health. I lost another life when I was going up on a loop, Sonic was running too close to the left that when he was at the end, he missed the speed-booster and ended up falling in the water, leading me to start the entire start of the game all over again.

I attempted to try and beat this level five times and never got past it. I did try Shadow and Silver's story, but thy are just as broken as Sonic's. As Shadow, he is more sensitive than Sonic, I could assume this because he moves like he is wearing roller-blades. As Silver, he uses a telekinesis power that I thought was unique to his character, but its hit detection is what makes it unbearable to use. Just some examples that could have worked and what could have made the game so much more better.

The original soundtrack for the game is one of the things I actually liked about the game; it could go from very calming to very intense depending on what level you are on. I also liked how you could play multiple characters and all have a different story; I won't spoil anything, but I did find the characters' stories to be interesting and that we get to learn their backstories and what their problems are.

Sega could have made this highly anticipated work. Sonic fans will surely be disappointed by frustrating gameplay and the terrible controls. We will have to see what Sega brings to us next on Sonic's 25th anniversary, maybe they will make the ultimate comeback and bring us a well-though Sonic game for everyone.
  25. Oct 6, 2015
    Maybe it's good? I don't know, I ordered it from Amazon and it never came. It's a shame, I was pretty excited to check it out. Oh well, better luck next time, I guess.
  26. Aug 31, 2015
    This game is an abomination for the sonic the hedgehog series. poor controls, tons of glitches, bad graphics long loading screens, and a crappy storyline. The Silver boss was annoying, the only things he kept saying was "it's no use" and "take this" and this game even has bestiality (you know, that scene where elsie kisses sonic to bring him back to life). Also, expect cheap deaths. theThis game is an abomination for the sonic the hedgehog series. poor controls, tons of glitches, bad graphics long loading screens, and a crappy storyline. The Silver boss was annoying, the only things he kept saying was "it's no use" and "take this" and this game even has bestiality (you know, that scene where elsie kisses sonic to bring him back to life). Also, expect cheap deaths. the game would have been better if Sega and Sonic team never rushed this game out for the launch of the Xbox 360 and PS3 and got rid of the romance between Elise and Sonic. just imagine if they never rushed this game out and had more time to work with it Expand
  27. Aug 17, 2015
    This game is really bad. Loading screens are long and happen way too much, just like burning to death. The plot is so bad that it makes me want to pull out my teeth and eat them. Eggman looks akin to a serial ravisher. But hey, at least the music is good.
  28. Aug 7, 2015
    This game was created for Sonic's 15th. Anniversary, but failed to provide us with fun.
    Storyline: Terrible
    Loading time: Slow. My longest wait was 42 seconds(I counted) Amount of Glitches: 43 Billion This was meant to be a REBOOT for the series but nearly killed it. I would buy another 10 copies of Sonic Boom and complete them than complete this game. I own this game myself and I
    Storyline: Terrible
    Loading time: Slow. My longest wait was 42 seconds(I counted)
    Amount of Glitches: 43 Billion
    I own this game myself and I refuse to put it into my PS3 ever again.
  29. Jul 4, 2015
    Even from someone or somebody who hasn't played the game, falling through levels, interrupted controls, self minded cameras, and 20 second load times times 4 to a total of 1 minute and 20 seconds from other people trying to play this mess is just enough for us to decide if we want to play this. This is easily the worst Sonic game. If this was released in 2007, if would've fine. But, no. IEven from someone or somebody who hasn't played the game, falling through levels, interrupted controls, self minded cameras, and 20 second load times times 4 to a total of 1 minute and 20 seconds from other people trying to play this mess is just enough for us to decide if we want to play this. This is easily the worst Sonic game. If this was released in 2007, if would've fine. But, no. I guess it's not worth the effort on solving the game's problems. Princess Elise kissing Sonic will make you regret on watching that Disney movie Beauty and the Beast. The music and Silver the Hedgehog are the only best parts in the game. Silver is actually one of my favorite Sonic characters later on. The music is so great that Sega should reuse it for later games, just like they did on Sonic Generations. Sonic '06 went on and became non-canon to the series' continuity, but that's for the best. Expand
  30. Jun 27, 2015
    This is the worst piece of crap that I ever played in my life. Stay away from Sonic 06, its just a waste of time that wants to pee you off. I'm serious, with all its glitches, a story line that has plot holes all over the place, and there decision making of level designs, and how it all ended on me telling me that I played this game all for nothing, because once Elise blew out the flamesThis is the worst piece of crap that I ever played in my life. Stay away from Sonic 06, its just a waste of time that wants to pee you off. I'm serious, with all its glitches, a story line that has plot holes all over the place, and there decision making of level designs, and how it all ended on me telling me that I played this game all for nothing, because once Elise blew out the flames of Solaris, the sonic fans (Which includes me) have to accept the fact that Sonic 06 never happened. Well, you know how they could have just done that? By never making this awful game at all. And what makes me more angry is that people say Sonic Boom is worse then this garbage. Oh yeah, let's not forget the fact that this was going to replace the original sonic story line. Yes people, this game was supposed to replace everything that we knew about sonic, by restarting the series all over again. And this pile of crap was that game. So seriously, if someone tells you this game wasn't that bad, then you make them play the game until its finished, as they get frustrated upon hours and hours to how horrible it is, and then after they finished the game, you better say, "Oh yeah, its that bad!" Expand
  31. Jun 11, 2015
    I got this game for my Xbox 360 without looking at the reviews (foolish of me, I know) but it looked like a cool sonic game. I was wrong. This game is a complete mess and I hate almost everything about it. The only thing I liked about this game was that the music was good. The game has pretty bad controls, bad gameplay, an okay storyline, and average graphics. Nevertheless, this gameI got this game for my Xbox 360 without looking at the reviews (foolish of me, I know) but it looked like a cool sonic game. I was wrong. This game is a complete mess and I hate almost everything about it. The only thing I liked about this game was that the music was good. The game has pretty bad controls, bad gameplay, an okay storyline, and average graphics. Nevertheless, this game receives a 4 from me. Expand
  32. May 9, 2015
    I remember a few years ago, I watched one of the trailers of the game, and I thought it looked awesome. I never decided to look up game play, and I pretty much thought it was going to be the best game ever. Then, my 9 year old mind was blown on how bad it was. The game was hardly playable and the controls were really clunky. It took me ages to beat the first level because I had so muchI remember a few years ago, I watched one of the trailers of the game, and I thought it looked awesome. I never decided to look up game play, and I pretty much thought it was going to be the best game ever. Then, my 9 year old mind was blown on how bad it was. The game was hardly playable and the controls were really clunky. It took me ages to beat the first level because I had so much trouble trying to fly Tails. No wonder the game has such a bad reputation. I'm still a big Sonic fan, modern and classic, but this is a huge blemish on a great game series. Even though the soundtrack was great. Expand
  33. Apr 11, 2015
    sonic 06 is one of the worst game ever made. it's loading takes to long the gameplay is broken. it just so not fun and just horrible do not play this game.
  34. Mar 22, 2015
    Sonic is introduced to the human world for the first time, (Apparently, neglecting the anime Sonic X, Sonic adventure 1, sonic adventure 2) letting the player control the trio Sonic, Shadow, and newcomer Silver. Throughout all three campaigns the player is told that the world will be destroyed by a monster named Iblis, who is lying dormant inside of the damsel Princess Elise. Its up to theSonic is introduced to the human world for the first time, (Apparently, neglecting the anime Sonic X, Sonic adventure 1, sonic adventure 2) letting the player control the trio Sonic, Shadow, and newcomer Silver. Throughout all three campaigns the player is told that the world will be destroyed by a monster named Iblis, who is lying dormant inside of the damsel Princess Elise. Its up to the trio to stop the antagonists Mephilis and Iblis while trying to find chaos emeralds. Expand
  35. Mar 14, 2015
    "It's no use!" -Sonic from Silver fight Do you honestly have to go to this website to see if Sonic 2006 is a good game? Well, both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are equally bad.
  36. Mar 2, 2015
    You need to play this game to understand how bad it is. Bad controls, bad story, bad gameplay, insane load times, frustrating difficulty. It's a complete mess.
  37. Dec 12, 2014
    I recently decided to give this game another chance. I bought this game when it was new back in 2006, and never actually got around to finishing it. Loading up my old save file quickly reminded me why. Sonic '06 is truly a shining example of how good ideas don't matter if you can't actually implement them and polish them properly.

First, the positives and the good ideas. The gameplay is

First, the positives and the good ideas. The gameplay is very much inspired by sonic adventure, with a hub world linking to several linear levels that open in up progression, as well as 3 different campaigns, one for each character. Fortunately, gone are the hunting and gathering sections seen in the adventure titles. This game tries to be one thing, a sonic game, and that's just the way it should be. Trading in points for upgrades adds a little bit of depth to the gameplay, and allows you to use some new moves. The voice acting, while not great, is definitely better than previous 3D entries in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. The one very notable thing about this game that's actually fantastic is the music. Unfortunately, this is where the positives end.

This game, despite its good intentions, is a horrible, broken, unfinished mess. The hub world is barren and filled with stock characters. These stock characters can give you tasks, for which to complete you have to sit through 4(!) loading screens, completely negating any desire to play them. This is made worse by the loading times, which are absolutely awful, even when installed to your hard drive. These are even worse on the PS3 version. What it's loading, I'm not entirely sure, given the textures and models are of -extremely- poor quality. Despite the poor quality of the visuals, the game has frequent framerate drops and screen tearing. Glitches and bugs abound, this is definitely a game that did not receive any playtesting. Sections of levels are littered with unfair pitfall deaths, bugs that cause you to fall through the level geometry and a difficulty curve that's all over the map.

Despite how terrible this game really is, there is an odd sense of enjoyment that you can get from playing it, although it's the same kind of enjoyment one gets while watching The Room. While not the worst game ever made by a very long stretch, this is among the largest disappointments to ever come out of Sega. What a mess...
  38. Dec 6, 2014
    Gameplay 50% : 3
    The Characters´s Main Gameplay is regular, but the Speed Seccion, Skateboarding and Vehicle seccions , are poorly programmed, the load times are too long and .... YEAH THE **** BUGS
    Story: 10%: 3 Positive: Shadow and the Team Dark Unnecessary charcters , the Mephiles's stupid plan, Time Paradox inconsistencies , Princess Elise............................Princess Elise
    Gameplay 50% : 3

Extra 10 % : 5
    The Multiplayer mode : its okay
    The Extra Missions: are okay
  39. Dec 5, 2014
    This game is just horrible. The fact that this game is still selling in stores makes me want to just take every single sonic 06' game disc in store and cut it with scissors. UNPLAYABLE. I bought a new copy of this game and DAMN was it glitchy. I knew it wasn't my system it was working PERFECTLY, so this game is just disastrous.
  40. Nov 20, 2014
    Yack, that's almost everything you need to say about this piece of crap. I'm a Sonic-fan and this unfinished garbage really hurts my black soul. Still I can say I like the overall level design - in rare moments it has the same feeling like the Adventure-titles have - and musics are pretty nice. Everything else, well, is **** Nothing more to say.
  41. Oct 20, 2014
    I hate this game it was so unplayable, so poorly programmed and a storyline that would be laughed off a fan fiction site how sega though this was acceptable is unbelievable
  42. Oct 19, 2014
    Ugh, we're here now, huh? We're at the game that brought a company mascot to his knees, and almost killed him...both figuratively and literally? This game is commonly known as SHYTE, so obviously since I like most Sonic games, I wanted to try it out. There were some things I enjoyed, some things I found mildly annoying, AND SOME THINGS THAT JUST PISSED ME OFF! Lets begin with the story. IUgh, we're here now, huh? We're at the game that brought a company mascot to his knees, and almost killed him...both figuratively and literally? This game is commonly known as SHYTE, so obviously since I like most Sonic games, I wanted to try it out. There were some things I enjoyed, some things I found mildly annoying, AND SOME THINGS THAT JUST PISSED ME OFF! Lets begin with the story. I can see effort was put into it...sometimes...but it simply doesn't work for a Sonic game! I don't see why around the 2000's, Sega kept trying to give Sonic games stories that were WAY too serious. This game along with "Shadow the Hedgehog" is a prime example of it. They took away Shadow's guns luckily, but now he has a motorcycle! UUUHHH!!! The story centres around this weird romance between Sonic and some princess called "Princess Elise". It's a princess in a video game, so we can only count on her getting kidnapped then rescued, right? YES! She gets kidnapped literally five times during sonic's story alone! That's just pathetic, especially for a main character. Luckily, this isn't all that happens, as we're greeted with much more interesting story elements in Silver and Shadow's segments. Not great per say, but not painful! A telekinetic hedgehog named Silver, thinks that killing Sonic will save his world. Shadow basically tries to stop him, but gets sidetracked, as he's being hunted by a mysterious hedgehog called Mephiles. Once again, it's by no means perfect, but soooo much better than Sonic's! Sadly, if they had to have half decent stories, they both had to have worse gameplay than Sonic. Getting into gameplay, I'm surprised to say that Sonic's stages actually have some fun aspects, generally good level design (at times), and some nice replay value, though a huge negative is the constant flow of deaths by an insane amount of glitches. This is something that sadly cannot be said for both Shadow and Silver's campaign, apart from the glitches, since this game is covered with them! The "Sonic Adventure" series had a style of having you play individual stories whenever you want, and once you've finished them all, you'll unlock a mysterious "LAST" story, where you play as all of the characters. It was pretty good design, and I'm happy to say that this game has it too. To end on a slightly better note, I'll simply say this. The graphics are decent for an early Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 game, and this game's music kicks @$$! This game may not be great, but it's a hell of a lot better than most people say! a lot of people think it's the worst game of all time!? really??? Expand
  43. Sep 24, 2014
    this game is glitchy as hell and has a really hard difficulty curve really long unnecessary difficulty curve, and is in general bad I guess there a redeeming things in the game like the upgrade system and the cut scenes but that is about it.
  44. Sep 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game. It is terrible. There is only two good things about this game. The music is the first and the scene where shadow kicks silver in the back of the head is the second. The best part, the music is sold separately. For that reason, the rating is based only on that decent shadow scene. Everything else? It has crappy load times, crazy long load screens, controls are **** sonic DIES, and at the end, they literally reset all time so that the story line never even happened. Also, sonic's story line does nothing to advance the story. Sonic, shadow, and especially silver, are also slow. And what the **** is with this time travel **** Just, no. To everything about this game except the music (sold separately) and the shadow scene, I say throw into the depths of hell. Expand
  45. Sep 3, 2014
    Welcome to the glitchy world of Sonic 06! Where the unplayable is possible! We have all the glitches from teleporting for no reason to being launched into space! Not to mention bad voice acting! If you still want to play, go ahead! Just enjoy your stay in the glitchy world of Sonic 06!
  46. Aug 15, 2014
    **** anyone who would play this raging game i feel like a have a angerism god this game is the devil spawn anyone who wants to buy this game die in a hole you cock sucking smug prick you sonic **** boys
    Jul 2, 2014
    how the hell this made it in shops its glish of the ass,the story sukes, gameplay sukes carters sukes nothing about this game is good this just lazy it just makes 1 unfinished mess unfinished is the perite word for this game DO NOT BYE IT ITS ****
  48. Jun 30, 2014
    this game will forever be the worst game of 2006 for all of time. thats all you need to know and that being a huge sonic fan i cry every time i see elise kissing sonic what a great story the got from a fan fiction writer.
  49. Jun 27, 2014
    This game.
    Burn it. Explode it. Bury the remains.
    The only thing this "GAME" has to offer is the...Okay-level voice acting.
    its...not good...at all...
  50. Jun 25, 2014
    Really a $18.00 ripoff for me. When I just got this game at Gamestop, the gameplay was really bad with some minor glitches, terrible controls, horrible level design, and a really bad plot. For all the Sonic out there, please don't buy this game.
  51. Jun 21, 2014
    The controls are horrid, the story is full of contradictions, and whoever at Microsoft in charge of the release of this game on the 360 platform should be shot for forcing Sega to rush this out for Christmas 2006. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 gets one point for some gorgeous C.G.I. opening which sadly was the only good part of the game.
  52. Jun 15, 2014
    I really feel bad for this game. Such a highly anticipated game that fell incredibly short due to how badly the game was dealt with it's programming and questionable design choices.

This game is horribly buggy and there are glitches galore. I know there are glitches in every game, but this game has glitches absolutely everywhere, making it borderline unplayable. The game is the slowest Sonic game thus far (yes i played Sonic Lost World) and every character except for Sonic, Blaze & Omega (yes Omega) are terribly slow.

The story had potential, but it's terrible. The characters are absolute morons that don't take advantage of what they have when they have it and they also make terrible decisions when it comes to plot progression. The story also has plot holes up the a$$ that makes the story make no sense whatsoever.

Gameplay wise, it is very buggy and is very slow compared to other Sonic games. There are also terrible designed levels (the Sonic snowboarding levels are examples and Silver's infamous ball puzzle). The bosses are mostly bad except for the final boss.....

....and that leads me to the positives. Some of Sonic's levels CAN be enjoyable, Blaze and Omega can be pretty fun, the final boss is good and the score is easily the best thing about this game.

This game should be a reminder to SEGA and Sonic Team of what can happen when you rush out a product that clearly was not finished. Sonic 06 is one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history. Can it be enjoyed? yes, but it definitely is not what we were expecting.
  53. Jun 5, 2014
    An atrociously badly designed game which left a massive scar on Sonic's legacy, that scar is being healed in more recent Sonic game instalments but this game was the lowest point in Sonic the Hedgehog's series of games. When installed to HDD the massive loading screens are a bit shorter but the game should still be as buggy as ever.
  54. May 26, 2014
    PROs: That intro cutscene (Great graphics) and weedhair (aka silver)

CONs: Loading screens,Those damn glitches, The rest of the animation, and that damn furry Fetish kiss scene!!
  55. May 20, 2014
    Wanna know how to make a fantastic Sonic game? Take everything bad from the 3D Sonic games and add long loading screens, stupid characters, bad music, and ugly textures! That'll bring in the dough!

It's like playing Texas Hold 'Em with Uno cards: something that can be fun, but was ruined by things that REALLY don't belong.
  56. Apr 27, 2014
    This by far one of the WORST games I have EVER played! If you think it's good, you live in a bubble, I'm sorry. I almost broke my controller because of frustration!!
  57. Apr 21, 2014
    the cut scenes looked nice, silver is a pretty cool character and the soundtrack is awesome, but everything else is a complete disappointment. the camera angles are so bad that it will be the death of you in every situation, not because you were genuinely out matched, but because the camera angles suck, the controls have taken a step back since sonic adventure two battle and feel awkward.the cut scenes looked nice, silver is a pretty cool character and the soundtrack is awesome, but everything else is a complete disappointment. the camera angles are so bad that it will be the death of you in every situation, not because you were genuinely out matched, but because the camera angles suck, the controls have taken a step back since sonic adventure two battle and feel awkward. the city that you can roam around in is completely lifeless. this game is just awful, and was the death of the franchise Expand
  58. Mar 21, 2014
    I decided to give Sonic 06 a try about 2 years ago due to curiosity. I went into the game knowing it was going to be really glitchy, and as you can tell by the score I gave this game, I did not enjoy it. The glitchy-ness of this game is not the reason why I didn't enjoy it. I did not like this game because of the annoying hub world, bad level design, and bad controls. The majority ofI decided to give Sonic 06 a try about 2 years ago due to curiosity. I went into the game knowing it was going to be really glitchy, and as you can tell by the score I gave this game, I did not enjoy it. The glitchy-ness of this game is not the reason why I didn't enjoy it. I did not like this game because of the annoying hub world, bad level design, and bad controls. The majority of Sonic's levels I actually enjoyed, and If they were the only parts of this game... I probably would've really liked it! But sadly Sonic's levels take up only about 25% of the entire game. The other 75% has you running around Soleanna which is an extremely bland city that's very easy to get lost in the first time around, and playing as other characters like Silver, Shadow, Amy, Omega, Knuckles, Rouge, Tails, and more. They all control like crap. You can clearly tell this game was rushed for that reason alone, but I was able to get over the controls. What I wasn't able to get over was the horrible levels that Silver and Shadow have to go through. Silver's levels tend to be more on the boring side and Shadow's levels tend to be on the more frustrating side. Silver is very slow, and I probably would've liked it a lot more if he was much faster. Shadow's levels can be very annoying because there's a lot of vehicles that you have to use, and they just aren't fun to me. Throughout some of these levels you switch between certain characters. Sometimes in Sonic's story you'll switch to Tails or Knuckles, as Silver sometimes you'll switch to Amy or Blaze, and as Shadow, sometimes you'll switch to Rouge or Omega. All of these extra characters are much worse than the main heroes (Sonic, Shadow and Silver) except for Blaze. Which also adds to why I don't really like this game as a whole. Expand
  59. Feb 13, 2014
    Impressive graphics aside, this game is a pathetic attempt to rejuvenate sonic for his 15th anniversary, and fails in nearly all ways. Loading screens that never end, glitches galore, and slow gameplay for a sonic game, SEGA deserves to feel bad about this monstrosity.
    At least the soundtrack was alright...
  60. Jan 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sonic 06 is the worst video game i have ever played. this game turns an aniversary of sega's mascot into a crying shame. this game takes ages to let's play because you spend more time loading than actually playing the game. th story absolutely makes no sense. There is a reason this game almost killed the series.They took everything wrong with the series and put it in one big disappointment. All the glicthes and everything. the only positive thing is the sound track...and youdont even have to buy the game to listen to it. that's the only thing out of this ordeal you would wan't to own. from a platform enthusiast i can say this is the worst game of all time Expand
  61. Jan 1, 2014
    HORRIBLE GAME, IT SUCKS, ITS THE WORST VIDEOGAME MADE IN HISTORY, NEVER TOUCH THIS GAME EVER, BECAUSE IF YOU DO ILL KILL YOU IN A HOLE SO NEVER BUY THIS SH*T
  62. Dec 24, 2013
    This, ahem, "game" is one of the worst games in history and SEGA had failed once again (and it will fail a lot more in the future, like Aliens: Colonial Marines or Total War: Rome 2). Nobody tested this game because SEGA was so rushing to release the game at Christmas that this piece of crap bombed upon the gamers like there was no tomorrow. I think even the infamous E.T. for Atari 2600 isThis, ahem, "game" is one of the worst games in history and SEGA had failed once again (and it will fail a lot more in the future, like Aliens: Colonial Marines or Total War: Rome 2). Nobody tested this game because SEGA was so rushing to release the game at Christmas that this piece of crap bombed upon the gamers like there was no tomorrow. I think even the infamous E.T. for Atari 2600 is not as bad as THIS. This game has terrible graphics (looks no better than Sonic Adventure), crappy storyline, horrific gameplay and these loading times every 5 seconds! I seriously don't understand why some Sonic fanboys are literally praising this game so much that I'm surprised that they didn't built a church yet. this game. Expand
  63. Dec 21, 2013
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 is easily the worst console sonic game ever to be released. The story is extremely complicated and makes no sense. The controls are also extremely precise which takes a long time to get use to and Sonic's overall speed has been reduced dramatically when compared with Sonic Heroes. It would be impossible to go into all of the technical issues that plague this gameSonic the Hedgehog 2006 is easily the worst console sonic game ever to be released. The story is extremely complicated and makes no sense. The controls are also extremely precise which takes a long time to get use to and Sonic's overall speed has been reduced dramatically when compared with Sonic Heroes. It would be impossible to go into all of the technical issues that plague this game but the most noticeable one would be the extremely long load times especially in the town missions. There are very few redeeming factors with this game and the only thing i would consider to be good is the music. But in a very strange way it is like the old mega-drive games. What i mean is you could play them ten times and still find new things that you did not know where their link extra lives. The same applies to this game where their are so many glitches in each level you can go around finding new ones you did not know about EG having silver through you to the moon. To sum up this was when sonic had hit rock bottom which was rock bottom but it was necessary in order to get the great games we have today like Colors and Generations Expand
  64. Dec 12, 2013
    SEGA made a big mistake by rushing this game out. Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 is not only the worst Sonic Game, but probably one of the worst games period. The story isn't very good, and sometimes doesn't make sense. The gameplay sucks. The game also tries to be way too realistic too. Must i say more, the game sucks, don't buy it!
  65. Nov 23, 2013
    This game functions. That is the only good thing I can say about this game. Heck half the time the game doesnt even do that. This should be avoided with every ability a human being has.
  66. Nov 17, 2013
    *PORTUGUESE REVIEW*

Difícil dizer se bom ou não Esse game baseado no seguinte: ou você o odeia, ou você o ama, não tem jeito de fazer análises para este game, mas eu irei tentar fazer uma o mais justa possível: Jogabilidade: Esse que um dos pontos mais fracos do game, a jogabilidade mais ou menos, embora alguns bugs que não atrapalham, há também muitos bugs que atrapalham, os
    *PORTUGUESE REVIEW*

Difícil dizer se bom ou não

Jogabilidade: Esse que um dos pontos mais fracos do game, a jogabilidade mais ou menos, embora alguns bugs que não atrapalham, há também muitos bugs que atrapalham, os bugs não me atrapalharam, mas eu tenho certeza que já atrapalhou várias pessoas. Se esse quesito fosse trabalhado melhor, não seria um dos pontos fracos do game

História: Outro ponto fraco do game a história, ela muito confusa, mas aos poucos você vai entendendo, mas mesmo assim ela não tão boa, uma parte ruim da história, que Sonic tem que salvar Elise, uma princesa do jogo, toda hora, isso estranho, sei lá, não combina com Sonic, acho que se a história fosse trabalhada melhor não seria tão ruim assim.

Gráficos: Um dos pontos fortes do jogo, os gráficos são muito encantadores e belos, às vezes dá vontade de ficar só andando pela fase, observando os cenários, fica mais bonitos ainda usando um cabo HDMI.

Música: Essa sim a melhor parte do jogo, as músicas! São ótimas e viciantes, sempre antes de eu jogar este jogo, eu escuto as músicas desse game nos extras do game.

Conclusão: Esse jogo, você tem que decidir, pessoas gostaram do game (como eu) mas reconheceram seus pontos fracos, outras já o odeiam, e consideram a ovelha negra dos jogos do Sonic. Só acho errado falar que este game "injogável" tem jeito de jogar este jogo, se você treinar, você pode o jogar melhor, o problema quando as pessoas ficam irritadas com o game, não jogam nem um pouco e já saem falando na internet que o jogo lixo, este game pode ser considerado pelo menos mediano e não um lixo.

Pontos positivos: Gráficos impressionantes; Músicas encantadoras.
    Pontos negativos: História confusa; Muitos bugs
  67. Oct 26, 2013
    worst sonic game
    i really hate it, it had a horrible gameplay
    it had a good story but i think that sonic team
    could do something better than this
    goddamn why sega??
  68. Sep 28, 2013
    Sonic the Hedgehog, better known as "Sonic 06" because people prefer not damaging the name of the series any further, is the worst video game I have ever played in my entire life. It still shocks me to this day that people actually like this game and try to defend it in some situations. Every single aspect of this game is absolute garbage(except for the soundtrack, it's brilliant and it'sSonic the Hedgehog, better known as "Sonic 06" because people prefer not damaging the name of the series any further, is the worst video game I have ever played in my entire life. It still shocks me to this day that people actually like this game and try to defend it in some situations. Every single aspect of this game is absolute garbage(except for the soundtrack, it's brilliant and it's the only thing of this trainwreck you'll ever want to experience)

Everything. Really, this is not me overexaggarating: there is nothing good about this game other than the soundtrack. But when I can look past this hellish ordeal and still manage to not get angry at myself for being an absolute fool and playing this game completely, I find people on the internet saying the game wouldn't be as bad if it didn't have glitches.

This is more frustration than I can take.

To the people who DO think this: you're idiots. Ask yourself:

Was the desert billiard ball puzzle a glitch? Did they mess up the code somewhere and that's why the ball puzzle exists? Did they mess up the code somewhere and that's why there's 16 different gameplay styles that are all god-awful? Did the terrible mach-speed sections for Sonic, where you barely have a chance to react to anything, magically appear because they messed up the code somewhere? NO. No to all of this. It's true that this game is frustrating and that very often, glitches are to blame, but that's not all. This game was designed badly. This entire game was doomed from the start when they decided to implement all these terrible ideas.

But seriously, to those who do wish to defend this game:

Why? Do you seriously not see how this game is an absolute trainwreck? Every single aspect of this, and not even just the gameplay, but the story too, is absolute trash. To most normal people, these kind of problems would be unacceptable. Face it already: there is no way you can defend this game without looking absolutely ridiculous.

Terrible designing and an awful storyline aren't the only things that are bad about this game: it's also a really weird and awkward relationship between Sonic and human princess Elise. At the end of the game, they actually kiss and it's safe to say that it's the most disgusting kiss in the history of anything. When I saw that scene, I was hoping that this would be the most sick, twisted and tasteless joke of all time, or a nightmare, perhaps, and that I would wake up 30 seconds later with relief. Sadly, that wasn't the case.

Anyways, this game is awful. This game got way less criticism than it deserved. If you are a masochist, this is the ultimate game for you but otherwise it's an absolute trainwreck. I reccommend never buying this game, ever, don't even grab it out of a dumpster, for purposes other than destroying it. What I do reccommend is playing it before destroying it because the frustration you'll get from it will make it feel even better when destroying it.

So yeah, I can't give this game anything other than a 1. That 1 is for the absolutely brilliant soundtrack. I reccommend buying it, or just listening to it on youtube because like I said before, it's the only thing of this piece of garbage you will ever want to experience.

I will never defend this game, ever. This is, without a doubt, the worst video game I have ever played and ever will play in my entire life. Big Rigs is better than this because it's laughably bad. This game, however, induced an insane amount of anger into me. But I played this when I was younger and I thought I was the one doing stuff wrong. Now that I'm older and thankfully a little smarter, I can now safely say that it was not my fault.

This is the worst game I've ever played. No doubt. It'll probably never change either.
  69. Sep 25, 2013
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 is a game that was over hyped to hell,it was meant to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Sonic and what we got was a game that disappointed me to pieces.There are few positives but let me name them.
    -Good Soundtrack
    -CG cut scenes aren't bad And thats all i can think of not going to write a long review but it's simple,The story has you playing as Sonic Shadow
    -Good Soundtrack
    -CG cut scenes aren't bad

And thats all i can think of not going to write a long review but it's simple,The story has you playing as Sonic Shadow and Silver.....but it also has a big problem there are SIXTEEN gameplay styles why? there are 9 characters,so theirs 9,Sonic carries Elise,Shadows vehicles and Sonic mach speed sections. The game also supports bestiality with sonic and elise.Bottom line its a game filled with a terriable story and gameplay
  70. Aug 29, 2013
    [4.1] Even for an early Xbox 360 title this game seems exceptionally lazy. I would never expect Sega to produce a game comparable to a spin-off of a movie, especially not one that represents their most revered franchise. This game has too much of too little and is not worth playing.
  71. Aug 23, 2013
    Sonic 06 is regarded as the worst Sonic game ever made; while that might be true, I still think Sonic Unleashed is worse for many reasons. While Sonic 06 is bad; I was constantly drawn to it because of one thing-story. Many renowned games; Silent Hill 2 for example; have rather bad combat or little gameplay and instead focus on story or atmosphere. The cut-scenes presented in this are likeSonic 06 is regarded as the worst Sonic game ever made; while that might be true, I still think Sonic Unleashed is worse for many reasons. While Sonic 06 is bad; I was constantly drawn to it because of one thing-story. Many renowned games; Silent Hill 2 for example; have rather bad combat or little gameplay and instead focus on story or atmosphere. The cut-scenes presented in this are like most of the recent 3D Sonic games (Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Unleashed etc.) are absolutely gorgeous, though some design changes (Eggman for instance-OH GOD NO!) are pretty bad. The story feels like an anime plot and I like that quality; it's a pretty goo plot and kept me trying to play. Gameplay is a muddled, bad mess however; slippery controls, a bad camera, annoying hub towns, bugs and annoying deaths make it almost unplayable. If you can stand bad gameplay for story, then I recommend picking this game up cheap, but if you're a hard-core, action and good game player-STAY AWAY Expand
  72. Jul 20, 2013
    What is there to be said? They found out that a human love interest for Sonic was a bad choice before the FIRST game was released. They did not play test this game...........either that or this is a prototype. They simply ran out of time or could not find inspiration for the dying franchise. The game has NUMEROUS glitches and all in all is a disappointing game at its core.
  73. Jun 16, 2013
    Game Grumps inspired me to try out the game to see just how bad it really was. I found a used copy and attempted to play it. I started regretting it after the first 5 minutes. My advice, just watch the GG videos and save your money.
  74. Apr 24, 2013
    This is not a game, its a direct slap to all Sonic fans waiting for a decent Sonic game.
    there is no gameplay its so filled whit bugs and bad hit detection its a PAIN to play.
    The story had some potential but that stupid prinsess is the most worthless char in history. Sonic story is an ass whit that stupid city that doesnt work at all for anything. Silver story is just plain boring and
    Silver story is just plain boring and full of bugs.
    Shadow story........ no just dont want to remember that......

In all in all dont even come close to this... thing, this abobination hidden as a "game"
  75. Apr 21, 2013
    the best part of the game is the music, nuff said.

this game is f**king horrible its the worst game i ever played. DONT PLAY THIS GAME, IT COULD KILL YOU!!!!!!
  76. Apr 9, 2013
    Jesus Christ. If you want to see play this game. The gameplay is boring, frustrating and stupid. Usually, I'm a fan of Sonic, but damn, this has got to be one of the worst games I've ever played. I don't play that many terrible games. This is the reason My mind, eyes and ears have been brutally raped
  77. Apr 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Sonic game does not run really great as many people think problems with this game are

*poor camera angles and they tend to be really slow when you move the camera yourself this is quite a pain to see anything
    *some quest's are very hard and annoying to do say you got too find seven or ten kids in a open BIG city and did I say IT'S TIMED, finding them is well quite hard since when you go near them they RUN AWAY from you screaming 'ah Soinc is coming for me'
    *story is a bit like Sonic Adventure one graphics on that game is the same you get a story which you get a lot of items in Sonic Adventure too like the speed shoes that let's you fly through rings in front of you the story is somewhat lacking it's all about speed in some mission's I was doing a mission where you need to open a door for Sonic he was getting chase by a whale in the sea and hitting a switch was on this big tree thing so you had to control Tails for this part as you try to do it lots of robots spam they shooting at you so it's was hard to avoid them and look for the switch at the same time you basicly had like four minutes to look for it or you had to do the same crap again!
    I was really pulling my hair out in shock as I could not do this first time or second time or third so then I finally did it, I got off the game I tryed something better!
    Note to all Sonic fans, this is just another let down game thanks Sega!
  78. Jan 30, 2013
    This was the first game I have ever played on the Xbox 360. What away to start off! Awful gameplay, horrendous story, crappy controls, and the list goes on. There are some bad Sonic games out there and it just so happens I own a good chunk of them. With those games, there were bad, but at least some had a replay value. This game should not even Exist!!!! This game is complete garbage! It'sThis was the first game I have ever played on the Xbox 360. What away to start off! Awful gameplay, horrendous story, crappy controls, and the list goes on. There are some bad Sonic games out there and it just so happens I own a good chunk of them. With those games, there were bad, but at least some had a replay value. This game should not even Exist!!!! This game is complete garbage! It's insulting to all the Sonic fans out there! If there is one GOOD thing about the game is the graphics. Its of the better looking Sonic games out there, but graphics don't make a great game. Game is bad, do not I repeat DO NOT buy this game! Expand
  79. Jan 29, 2013
    It's a terrible game, to say the least. It's hair brained style is stupid, levels feature terrible design and touchy controls, and the story can't be taken seriously at all. The face that 3/4 of the game is also incredibly tedious and no fun at all, this game reeks. It gave us a good laugh (more than once actually), and the soundtrack is the best part of the game, but overall justIt's a terrible game, to say the least. It's hair brained style is stupid, levels feature terrible design and touchy controls, and the story can't be taken seriously at all. The face that 3/4 of the game is also incredibly tedious and no fun at all, this game reeks. It gave us a good laugh (more than once actually), and the soundtrack is the best part of the game, but overall just reeks. It's a mess. Expand
  80. Jan 18, 2013
    Not the best, certainly not. The only good thing thing was actually Sonic Gameplay which was pretty good at first but kinda lacked down to due poorly designed levels and it sadly is as much as the entirley awful Silver gameplay and overly heavy Shadow gameplay. The multiplayer was too confusing since the camera wasnt perfection and the characters skills were way too variable. Few LevelsNot the best, certainly not. The only good thing thing was actually Sonic Gameplay which was pretty good at first but kinda lacked down to due poorly designed levels and it sadly is as much as the entirley awful Silver gameplay and overly heavy Shadow gameplay. The multiplayer was too confusing since the camera wasnt perfection and the characters skills were way too variable. Few Levels like Magma Rift and Kingdom valley were kinda unplayable. The models and story and new characters were dumb too. However the music and thrill (only if you play it on a theater with 3D sound and candies around you) was pretty cool. Expand
  81. Dec 16, 2012
    This game is infamous for wasted potential and being rushed. The entire game is one giant glitch and any attempt to play it will result in frustration. One might dare say that it's an unplayable game, and to that I would agree, attempting to make your way to the end of this game is a feat accomplishable by only the most hardened masochists.

There were good ideas in this game, but

There were good ideas in this game, but they're not even slightly refined. So in having worthy concepts it earns a 1, but in executing these so poorly it's worth not a single fraction of a point more.
  82. Dec 6, 2012
    This game had potential, but god did Sonic Team **** it up something fierce, the physics engine is BROKEN, Sonic will often slam into a wall, for no reason, some of the level designs are pretty neat, but they tend to drag on, and the "Mach Speed" stages are just broken. How do you **** up an IP like this so badly? It's like this game wasn't even beta tested. I could look past the horribleThis game had potential, but god did Sonic Team **** it up something fierce, the physics engine is BROKEN, Sonic will often slam into a wall, for no reason, some of the level designs are pretty neat, but they tend to drag on, and the "Mach Speed" stages are just broken. How do you **** up an IP like this so badly? It's like this game wasn't even beta tested. I could look past the horrible Final Fantasy rip off story if the gameplay was good, but it just isn't. The graphics are pretty awful for a 360/PS3 game as well, the city looks like card board, the people hilariously bad out of cut scenes, the best looking models are Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. And, to top it all off, they got the voice actors from 4KIDS to do the dub, that just speaks for itself. Expand
  83. Dec 4, 2012
    Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) was an ambitious game project for Sonic's 15th Anniversary. Although the game attempted to be the biggest and most diverse Sonic experience to date, the game fell flat on its face and bombed hard from being poorly programmed and being in a state that was not anywhere near completion when it was released for sale. The game's story is a convoluted mess of plot holesSonic The Hedgehog (2006) was an ambitious game project for Sonic's 15th Anniversary. Although the game attempted to be the biggest and most diverse Sonic experience to date, the game fell flat on its face and bombed hard from being poorly programmed and being in a state that was not anywhere near completion when it was released for sale. The game's story is a convoluted mess of plot holes and lack of logic, the level design is a death trap of poorly scripted events and bad design choices, the horrible camera system which behaves oddly all the time, the absurdly long loading times which show lack of programming refinement, the multiplayer aspects are completely unbalanced making it broken, the game's controls are destroyed beyond belief, the various kinds of specialized game play styles are incredibly glitchy and even the basic core mechanics of the game don't function correctly. The only factor of this game that is positive is the music which is diverse and is quite a joy to listen to. This game is quite simply almost unplayable as no care at all was put into beta testing to ensure the quality of the product or to ensure everything functioned properly because the company wanted the game on store shelves by a specific date. This game is a slap in the face to all fans of the Sonic The Hedgehog IP as it slowed that the developers where more interested in making money than attempting to release a high quality, properly functioning and enjoyable product. In conclusion, This game is garbage and a waste of money, steer clear of it at all costs. I would give this game a rating of 0 out of 10, but I'll be generous and give it a 1 out of 10 since it had somewhat decent music. Expand
  84. Dec 2, 2012
    Sonic the Hedgehog, more commonly known as "Sonic 06". ...What can I say that hasn't already been said? This game is a buggy mess that, honestly, feels unfinished. Not only was this game rushed to store shelves for a lost cause, but it was doomed from the start. What do you think of when you see or hear of Sonic? I, personally, think of a cartoon; a fictional universe with no necessarySonic the Hedgehog, more commonly known as "Sonic 06". ...What can I say that hasn't already been said? This game is a buggy mess that, honestly, feels unfinished. Not only was this game rushed to store shelves for a lost cause, but it was doomed from the start. What do you think of when you see or hear of Sonic? I, personally, think of a cartoon; a fictional universe with no necessary rhyme or reason to how it operates. It's been like that since the beginning, and even though the Adventure games introduced urbanized locations (and people, for that matter), they mixed... quite well, actually, with Sonic's universe. Or at least, that's how I feel about it. When planning Sonic 06, the developers thought it would be just GREAT if they were to make everything realistic. This, along with the 15-17 different gameplay styles in this game, was more than enough faulty game design to have this game instantly fail.

The plot is a completely different story, on the other hand. Sonic Team must have been so focused on the art direction during the whole development cycle, because this game's story is HORRENDOUS. It's practically nonexistent. It's terribly written with plotholes galore, and it's over the top, even more than SA2 and Shadow's plots. I can go into much more detail, but I think ClementJ642's seven-part review of this game on YouTube does a much better job than what I could ever do. There're no fancy words to describe it: it's just bad. Plain, old, bad writing. Going back to what I mentioned at the top, this game was rushed for a reason. A very unnecessary one, but one nonetheless: they wanted to release this game for both the fairly-new Xbox 360 and brand-new PS3 by the PS3's launch. They went right into development on this game after Shadow the Hedgehog (the video game) was released. Next-gen consoles and a short development time: I think you can see how we ended up with what we got. It's a miracle we can actually finish the game, if you think about it.

You will see people around the internet praising this game for extremely questionable reasons. While I can't tell you their motivations, I CAN tell you that what I'm saying is the truth: my nostalgia goggles are off, I've been researching this for a very long time, and you'll find that what I'm saying agrees with most of the respectable reviewers and commentators on YouTube and such.

I WOULD give this game a 0, but the soundtrack is fantastic. Besides that, it just wouldn't be fair. This is honestly better than Superman 64, but it's certainly no Super Mario Bros. 3 (or Sonic 3, for that matter).
  85. Nov 23, 2012
    Sonic the Hedgehog is an abomination unto the Sonic legacy. The game is filled with unnessaccery bugs, glitches, loading screens and has an incomplete feel. Story wise the game is very deep and satisfying as Sonic, Shadow, and Silver each have their own episode with different goals that contrast with each other's throughout the game. Once each episode is complete, the Last episode isSonic the Hedgehog is an abomination unto the Sonic legacy. The game is filled with unnessaccery bugs, glitches, loading screens and has an incomplete feel. Story wise the game is very deep and satisfying as Sonic, Shadow, and Silver each have their own episode with different goals that contrast with each other's throughout the game. Once each episode is complete, the Last episode is unlocked to reveal the true ending. It is also the first HD Sonic game, which isn't saved by its graphics although they are nice and crisp. Plot (Sonic episode): It is the Festival of the Sun in the castle town of Soleanna and Princess Elise has lit the torch to mark its celebration just as Dr. Eggman attempts to abduct her. Sonic, however prevents this and escapes with the princess as Eggman gives chase. Despite his best efforts, Eggman abducts the princess as Sonic embarks on a quest to rescue her. Legacy: This has only increased suspicion that modern Sonic games are awful. Opinion: This is a game I reccomend to a Sonic fan. An awful job, reminds me why hate justifiably exists in the world. Expand
  86. Jul 29, 2012
    The saddest thing is that this buggy, incomplete game isn't even Sega's fault. The game was announced for Sonic's 16th birthday, but the fans demanded it to be released for his 15th. Therefore, a year's worth of work couldn't have been done. This, like most Sonic travesties, is because of the fanbase.
  87. Jun 28, 2012
    I played this game during awkward stages of my Life. Looking back it was a really sad period. The game sports a unpolished feel and look. Stages are frustrating. It tries to be the original Sonic Adventure on dreamcast, but fails.
  88. Jun 27, 2012
    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLlololololololoolollolololololololololololololollolLOLOL
  89. Jun 17, 2012
    Blue streak speeds by
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Too fast for the naked eye Sonic the Hedgehog Sonic He can really move Sonic He's got an attitude Sonic He's the fastest thing alive Look out when he storms through Sonic the Hedgehog Don't doubt what he can do Sonic the Hedgehog Sonic He can really move Sonic He's got an attitude Sonic He's the fastest thing alive He's the
    Blue streak speeds by
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Too fast for the naked eye

He can really move
    He's got an attitude
    He's the fastest thing alive

Look out when he storms through
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Don't doubt what he can do

He can really move
    He's got an attitude
  90. May 18, 2012
    This game, its just, just..... TERRIBLE! I'm not going to go in to detail (because you should already know this game is awful) but its just awful. Worst $20 I ever spent. The game is broken beond belief (its worse then my spelling), I'd rather enter the pain olymopics then play this game. If before this game came out you still had hope for the sonic franices, this killed it for you. I'llThis game, its just, just..... TERRIBLE! I'm not going to go in to detail (because you should already know this game is awful) but its just awful. Worst $20 I ever spent. The game is broken beond belief (its worse then my spelling), I'd rather enter the pain olymopics then play this game. If before this game came out you still had hope for the sonic franices, this killed it for you. I'll admit sonic has had THREE, COUNT THEM 1,2,3 good games sence this game was released (sonic colours, generations, 4 ep 1), ut with all the garbge they put out (rings, warehog(so bad) among others). But I'm getting alittle of topic, dont get this game, burn your money for you cant buy this game (or give your money to me, if you must), stay away you wont regret it! Expand
  91. Mar 31, 2012
    The only reason why I?m giving it a 4 it's because of the glitches that make the game literally unplayable and abnormal loading times. Seriously, it takes more than 5 minute sto load a section that will last you 20 seconds! The issue is that this game was rushed. If it wasn't, it might've gotten a 7. The gameplays are diverse and interesting and the replay value WOULD be huge. But no,The only reason why I?m giving it a 4 it's because of the glitches that make the game literally unplayable and abnormal loading times. Seriously, it takes more than 5 minute sto load a section that will last you 20 seconds! The issue is that this game was rushed. If it wasn't, it might've gotten a 7. The gameplays are diverse and interesting and the replay value WOULD be huge. But no, SEGA, you wanted to make Sonic's 15th anniversary a big event. Well you did, but for all the wrong reasons. Expand
  92. Mar 6, 2012
    I'm a Sonic fan and i really like the series, but seriously, are you **** kidding me Sega?! The characters has bad movements, the voice acting is bad and Eggman is... thin. Oh come on!!! I give it a 2 only because i like the soundtrack.
  93. Feb 8, 2012
    I don't think I've hated a game more than this one. I love videogames and I friggin love sonic but this is such a sad excuse for a game. Frustrating on so many levels, avoid this like your life depends on it.
  94. Jan 22, 2012
    Absolute CRAP! This was actually the very first game i played on the 360 when i got it back in 06, and boy was I discouraged to even play another launch title. I remeber being truly confused when I played this game. I just kept dying and i didn't know why. I did what was asked but i guess that wasn't good enough to please the games controls and camera(which is the main antagonist in thisAbsolute CRAP! This was actually the very first game i played on the 360 when i got it back in 06, and boy was I discouraged to even play another launch title. I remeber being truly confused when I played this game. I just kept dying and i didn't know why. I did what was asked but i guess that wasn't good enough to please the games controls and camera(which is the main antagonist in this game) and the load times, ohhh dont get me started on the load screens. Overall, never in a millions years did i think i would ever hate a Sonic game, but mission accomplished SEGA. Expand
  95. Dec 8, 2011
    I'm not going to even dive into a deep review here, but I'll say this: you're a complete and utter idiot if you find this glitchy piece of crap fun. IT'S NOT EVEN GOT A FINISHED PHYSICS ENGINE, FOR GOD SAKE. Seriously, you can run at top speed in a tight circle because the programmers forgot to program it. This game is a piece of sh*t and I hope anyone who reads this review will take theI'm not going to even dive into a deep review here, but I'll say this: you're a complete and utter idiot if you find this glitchy piece of crap fun. IT'S NOT EVEN GOT A FINISHED PHYSICS ENGINE, FOR GOD SAKE. Seriously, you can run at top speed in a tight circle because the programmers forgot to program it. This game is a piece of sh*t and I hope anyone who reads this review will take the right option of not playing it. Expand
  96. Nov 20, 2011
    Please kill me it hurts to live.

Who let this happen? Who actually tested this and thought "wow, this game isn't utterly awful, I should unleash this upon the general populace" Buy this if you like: terrible broken controls, ridiculous glitches and a camera that seems to realise what an awful game it's in and then proceeds to try and escape from its own personal hell. Do not buy
    Please kill me it hurts to live.

Do not buy if you like: Having fun.
  97. Nov 17, 2011
    This is a truly awful game. The Cutscenes are the only good parts. The in game graphics are worse than some SD wii games. The gameplay is so boring, and bad level design causes you to die again and again and again, making you endure a long loading screen. Shadow the Hedgehog is far better than this game, I reccomend that instead.
  98. Nov 5, 2011
    Saying that this game is horrible is an understatement, didn't the folks at SEGA did a QA on this one?
    Horrible physics, AWFUL load times, PS1 animations, crappy hit detection. only things going for it are the cutscenes and the soundtrack. IT'S NO USE! TAKE THIS!
    Absolute Zero for this garbage.
  99. Sep 5, 2011
    As a hardcore Sonic fan, it really pains me to say this, after defending such games as 'Shadow the Hedgehog' and 'Sonic Heroes', but Sonic 2006 is possibly the worst game I at any point WANTED to play. While the game itself looks pretty, it conceals what is most likely a beta copy of the game slapped together for a holiday release. The game itself has only a couple of redeeming features.As a hardcore Sonic fan, it really pains me to say this, after defending such games as 'Shadow the Hedgehog' and 'Sonic Heroes', but Sonic 2006 is possibly the worst game I at any point WANTED to play. While the game itself looks pretty, it conceals what is most likely a beta copy of the game slapped together for a holiday release. The game itself has only a couple of redeeming features. The music for one, is good, which is to be expected from a Sonic game, and on the whole, the visuals are quite lush. However aesthetic touches do not a game make. The game is marred by so many flaws that listing them would take longer than for you to rent the game and see for yourself, but I'd rather not subject you to that, so lets take a look. The first problem noticeable is the load times. Assuming you played thorough the entire game, you'd probably spent a good 10 percent of the time waiting for the game to load. I'm used to long load times, but it loads at every. single. possible. point. Additionally, I'd expect this kind of problem from the Xbox, PS2, or Gamecube. Not a seventh-gen console. The story sounds like a piece of fanfiction gone slightly south. The uncomfortable, almost romantic moments between human Elise and Hedgehog Sonic made me more than uncomfortable playing this game, and new character Silver feels like everything wrong with an Original Character only more pronounced and with an irritating voice to match. I'd normally look past both of these problems, or at lease not notice them as much, if the gameplay was good. Finding redeeming qualities in a mess of vague objectives, bad maps, lousy camera angles, wonky controls, and mind-blowingly irritating stages where a single hit will kill you can be somewhat challenging, and I doubt I have the skill for it. Other features of the game lack thought as well. While the game keeps the previous grading system featured in past games, in also attaches a monetary value of rings, used to purchase upgrades at shops as opposed to finding them in stages in the past. This feature feels odd for a Sonic game and feels like an unneeded time waster. While 'Sonic Adventure' had a World Map, which had the upgrades scattered about, it was at least mostly navigable. Additionally, the games side-quests, which feature such tasks as defeating robots or passing through rings, are again subject to the load times and control issues the action stages have. It's hard to go to far into the plot without spoiling any of it, though the game does an ample job of that for you, but it feels rushed, cliched, and overwrought. Silver 'Gary Stu' the Hedgehog is sent back in time to stop the Ilbis trigger from destroying his world in the future. This is one of about six plots that the game has at once, and it manages to botch them each in a very special way. The story is divided into three story modes, somewhat similar to Sonic Adventure 2, focusing on Sonic, Shadow, and Silver, the Hedgehog's, which I believe is also the name of a late 90's sitcom. Sonic's story revolves around saving the aforementioned Princess and Human/Animal love activist Elise from the eeeee-vile clutches of Doctor Eggman. Shadow's involves a demon sealed inside a resident MacGuffin who once released takes the form of a ethereal Shadow, and proceeds to wreck havoc on the game's inhabitants, its plot, and several decades of literary advancement in storytelling and plot structure. Silver's story involves attempting to kill titular protagonist Sonic, and saving his distopian future all while being a poster boy for teenage angst. The game is noticeably darker than previous entries in the series and fails to do it with the excellent storytelling of the second 'Adventure' game. It doesn't work well in a game who's target demographics are either overly saturated to such plots or prefer the more bright tone in earlier games. To add insult to injury, the game is riddled with bugs and glitches, and the lack of an autosave feature can make redoing challenging stages a likely prospect. Even hardcore Sonic fans should really consider what they're getting into before delving into this mess. In short, the game's pleasant outward appearance doesn't make up for a game that lacks any true appeal, and is one that few should buy, fewer should play, and almost none will enjoy. Expand
  100. Jun 7, 2011
    OK lemmie start by saying my die count is probably 90000, I freaking HATE IT!it sooo stupid it's just......AAAA Sega must have hired mental people to make this freaking game!

If only the developers had focused on delivering a simple, fun experience rather than trying to create something far beyond their reach.
  2. Not only are the voices horrible, as is the case for most Sonic games, but the story makes very little sense. It’s like if you took any basic Nintendo story like Mario saving the Princess, lengthened it to several hours long, and filled it with mindless details that make no logical sense at all.
  3. Atrocious camera angles lead to cheap deaths, the slippery controls make it difficult to get a handle on the characters and the game has a large problem with pacing. It tries to mix in side missions with general stages, and the disastrous results ruin the game.