8.4

1. Nov 21, 2010
    All four original Sonic games, all three Streets of Rage, all three original Golden Axe's, Shinobi 3 and more....enough said. Truly an awesome collection on true classics that helped shape present video games.
  2. Apr 2, 2014
    This collection shows just how deep the hedgehog bit into the plumber's butt during the 90s. This a near perfect collection of the Sega Genesis' library. I say near perfect cause this disc does have it's flaws. Having online co-op for the Streets of Rage games would have been stellar, also was anyone crying for Bonanza Bros. or Flicky? Probably not. I wish they would've included a Sega CDThis collection shows just how deep the hedgehog bit into the plumber's butt during the 90s. This a near perfect collection of the Sega Genesis' library. I say near perfect cause this disc does have it's flaws. Having online co-op for the Streets of Rage games would have been stellar, also was anyone crying for Bonanza Bros. or Flicky? Probably not. I wish they would've included a Sega CD or 32X title to unlock through gameplay. I do have a feeling they probably could have put more on this DVD, but I guess somethings come down to whether or not you can obtain a game's rights. All in all a collection worth owning if you remember these games or if you want to know what all those channels on YouTube remember so fondly. Expand
  3. Sep 5, 2013
    This game is truly the greatest deal in the world and the best video game collection up to date. If you don't like one game in the collection, there's 48 other games in this collection to choose from from Streets of Rage to Sonic the Hedgehog to Shinobi III to Phantasy Star IV to Ecco the Dolphin. You can save mid-game whenever you want and pick up where you left off. At its current $20This game is truly the greatest deal in the world and the best video game collection up to date. If you don't like one game in the collection, there's 48 other games in this collection to choose from from Streets of Rage to Sonic the Hedgehog to Shinobi III to Phantasy Star IV to Ecco the Dolphin. You can save mid-game whenever you want and pick up where you left off. At its current $20 price, that would be about .50 for each of these classic works of art. The only bad game in here is Sonic Spinball. Expand
  4. Dec 6, 2013
    This is basically a rolled up package of 48 of the SEGA games in one small disc and the game vary in type from acion to god knows what type of game,the one thing is it is AEWSOME.
  5. Jan 15, 2014
    If you had a Genesis growing up you will love this. You get a huge collection of Sega games from Comix Zone to Vectorman. Almost all of the greats! The emulation is excellent.

Some good points I found: 1. Sound and video emulation is extremely accurate. I still have my Sega Genesis, and it is very similar. 2. Save anywhere at any time. 3. Controls are good. If you don't like

Some good points I found:

2. Save anywhere at any time.

3. Controls are good. If you don't like what they've given you, you can readjust them. You also have the option of turbo.

4. You might have a tube TV (if you're a retro fan) or you might have a big widescreen. It doesn't matter. You can stretch the screen to your liking. However, it would have been extra nice if I was able to actually move the image (to make it as centered as possible) but most people won't need this feature.

5. You can play with smoothed out graphics or just play normally.

6. You can unlock and watch video interviews with the creators.

7. Each game features artwork and a brief history on the game, however...

The bad:

1. ...The artwork for the games only show the front. Not the side and back. It would have been really neat if they made it "3D" so that you could rotate it, and look at the whole thing. Also, having the manuals in there would have been really nice. I guess they were rushed, but they missed an opportunity to recreate the whole experience.

2. Kind of a pain in the butt to scroll through a huge collection of games like that. You can't even hold down or up to navigate through. You have to tap-tap-tap.

3. Not everything is unlocked. I understand the videos be clamped down, but I wanted to play the other games right away! I actually thought locking the games was kinda dumb. As far as I know, I didn't see any instructions telling you how to unlock them. (Might be wrong though.)

All in all, despite a few flaws, you will enjoy this collection if you are a Sega Genesis fan.

All in all, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is an extremely solid assemblage of some of the Genesis' greatest hits, and with extras and achievements, hidden interviews and an entire museum of concept art thrown in for good measure, it's definitely worth a look from old school gamers looking to re-live the glory days when a hedgehog didn't need a lame Werehog gimmick to prove that he was the baddest mascot around.
  2. While every game isn't a winner, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is the best you can do, outside of Japan anyway. At least until the next, even more Ultimate Collection.
    Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is a slick package, a lot of unlockables, and 49 games; it can all be yours for $30. That's a steal, and I can't recommend picking this one up enough.