8.4

1. Mar 5, 2014
    If you've seen my other reviews, you'd know that I'm a 17 year old whom has an undying love for Pokemon. I've always said that the Pokemon games, specifically X & Y, are the greatest RPG games of all time. That was what i said before I played the Stick of Truth however. Trey Parker and Matt Stone do anything they can to piss everyone off by making the best, most **** up game possible whileIf you've seen my other reviews, you'd know that I'm a 17 year old whom has an undying love for Pokemon. I've always said that the Pokemon games, specifically X & Y, are the greatest RPG games of all time. That was what i said before I played the Stick of Truth however. Trey Parker and Matt Stone do anything they can to piss everyone off by making the best, most **** up game possible while referencing their entire careers in little Easter eggs. From earning an achievement by farting on a dead aborted Nazi fetus (cleverly titled "Too Far"), giving an abortion to a man, to un-friending Al Gore. South Park: The Stick of Truth has it all and does it all to perfection. Expand
  2. Mar 8, 2014
    First and foremost, I'd just mention that this is an excellent game. Absolutely jam packed with content and things to do as you'd expect most RPG's to give you. There's a refreshing twist and tweeks on the tactical, turn based combat but all the changes work very well indeed. So the game at its core is a very good RPG game. But of course the main factor in this game is the fact that it'sFirst and foremost, I'd just mention that this is an excellent game. Absolutely jam packed with content and things to do as you'd expect most RPG's to give you. There's a refreshing twist and tweeks on the tactical, turn based combat but all the changes work very well indeed. So the game at its core is a very good RPG game. But of course the main factor in this game is the fact that it's like one huge episode of South Park. This game has character depth, story, comedy and charm that no other game could possibly deliver. I've honestly never laughed so hard in my life, pausing the game more than once just to get a grip of myself because I was laughing too much! What more could you possibly ask from an investment of money? Brilliant game, recommend to all. Expand
  3. Mar 4, 2014
    South Park: The Stick of Truth has many hilarious moments for those that enjoy adult humour and even pokes a little fun at some of your favourite games. While the gameplay is often fun, it also has its frustrating moments of timed based combos that can often leave you stuck and frustrated. If you are a fan of the series, you will want this in your library.
  4. Apr 29, 2014
    Its not an overwhelming achievement but it is a solid RPG with South Park humor in huge amounts. The graphics are exactly what you would expect; the game play is fun; controls are simple and creative; the voice acting is stellar; and its written in true South Park fashion.

I am unsure of the replay value of the title though. Its a good game and easily can be recommended for those who enjoy crude (very!) humor and regressing into an childhood fantasy of being that horrible child that everyone for some odd reason liked. If you are not into crude humor and don't love old style RPGs, I would recommend you avoid the game.

If you like to laugh at South Park, enjoy turn based combat and like well crafted RPGs, this would be a good game for you. I would, however, recommend waiting for the price to drop some as its a bit steep ($60) for the amount of content.
  5. Apr 26, 2014
    Love South Park, hate the game. The combat slows the game down to the point where it stops being fun and no amount of fart jokes can fix that. So disappointed because I wanted to love this game so much. The 5 points are for the potential fun I saw in the game but the remaining points were stolen by the fact that the combat became something I dreaded and finally made me abandon the game.Love South Park, hate the game. The combat slows the game down to the point where it stops being fun and no amount of fart jokes can fix that. So disappointed because I wanted to love this game so much. The 5 points are for the potential fun I saw in the game but the remaining points were stolen by the fact that the combat became something I dreaded and finally made me abandon the game. So sad about this. Expand
  6. May 14, 2014
    wow great game! very addicting, the dialogue in this thing is hilarious. a perfect game for south park lovers, how they put this game together was perfect very fun, playing this game is like watching the show the graphics are flawless this game is put together well. your bound to like it worth the money. :)
  7. Jun 18, 2014
    After delays and THQ closing and the project going to Ubisoft, South Park The Stick of Truth is released now (yes I know this review is late). For me, just hearing that is was being made by Obsidian was a delight. Enough of that, let's get to the real review. I have played it and beat it, and in my opinion, The Stick of Truth (TSoT) is enjoyable, irritating at times, hilarious, and is oneAfter delays and THQ closing and the project going to Ubisoft, South Park The Stick of Truth is released now (yes I know this review is late). For me, just hearing that is was being made by Obsidian was a delight. Enough of that, let's get to the real review. I have played it and beat it, and in my opinion, The Stick of Truth (TSoT) is enjoyable, irritating at times, hilarious, and is one of the best licensed games ever. Most of the flaws come from irritation, yes. However, there are 2 things in this game that are constantly amusing, ALL THE TIME. Those 2 things are the battle system and the humor. While the battle system starts off simple, it goes on to have a layer of complexity, too. It keeps you on your toes with timed button presses that I actually found great, except the small quick time events at times. The magic spells could've been easier to control, too. The classes in the battle system can be different, but the differences aren't as big as you'd expect, especially coming from Obsidian. Even the RPG mechanics are slight. This wasn't a problem though, because it still comes out as enjoyable. However, we all know this is South Park at heart, and that means there will be humor. How is it? It kept on making me laugh, even in the slightest moments. It's wonderfully crude, and yes, it has its offensive side to it, too. One part in the game very close to the end had me laughing constantly, and it was pretty offensive. You may not like the humor, but if you have ever laughed at South Park, you're going to love it. Plus, the story doesn't even need to be good because it's so funny. I found the story to be a bit better than I expected, though (out of South Park at least). The game also has a fair share of replay value. There are side quests, many collectibles, and some very good achievement and trophy hunting. However, with the side quests, I didn't found them very entertaining. There's so many things that block you in the quests, and most of them are kill or fetch quests. This kept me from doing many of them, which I usually do in these kind of games. With the rare occasion of side quests and beating the main story, it took me about 12 to 13 hours. Does that mean it's worth full price? With the enjoyment you'll get, it's worth 40 to 50 dollars. An 8 out of 10, and that is great on my scale. Expand
  8. Mar 5, 2014
    Surprisingly the plot is actually very good. It's a slapstick game but they've managed to tie everything together very well. Not to mention, it's pretty much the funniest game I've ever played. Get it.
  9. Nov 12, 2014
    Great game. Has to be one of the best TV licensed game to come out in a while. My one and only problem is that if you look at an old trailer you can see some of content was cut. (probably from THQ shutting down) But yeah the combat is great, the humor is great. A must own for fans. Even though not every game needs DLC, this game definitely needs it or a sequel, there could be more to addGreat game. Has to be one of the best TV licensed game to come out in a while. My one and only problem is that if you look at an old trailer you can see some of content was cut. (probably from THQ shutting down) But yeah the combat is great, the humor is great. A must own for fans. Even though not every game needs DLC, this game definitely needs it or a sequel, there could be more to add on. But any way this game is great Expand
  10. May 9, 2014
    cool game, the creators of south park did not disappoint, as the series does not disappoint.
    exploration and battles are pretty cool
    is like playing an episode of south park
    this certainly fits among the best of the year
  11. Mar 12, 2014
    An enjoyable experience that isn't only faithful to the show, but is also a great game with good mechanics. One of the funniest games I have ever played too. The town of South Park is open to explore as you meet and befriend characters from the show, level up and gain new abilities, complete side quests, and laugh out loud at some of the most crazy things that happen during the main quest.An enjoyable experience that isn't only faithful to the show, but is also a great game with good mechanics. One of the funniest games I have ever played too. The town of South Park is open to explore as you meet and befriend characters from the show, level up and gain new abilities, complete side quests, and laugh out loud at some of the most crazy things that happen during the main quest. A must buy for fans of the show and even if you are not, its still a fun time. Expand
  12. Mar 6, 2014
    It's pretty incredible how well south park has been adapted into a open world RPG. However, while the humor, atmoshepere and nostalgia are top notch, the actuall gameplay is really sparse and rough around the edges.

Good: -looks just like the show -sounds just like the show -massive list of characters from the show to meet -references to countless episodes all over the place,

Good:
    -looks just like the show
    -sounds just like the show
    -massive list of characters from the show to meet
    -references to countless episodes all over the place, turning what would traditionally be mundane things into easy laughs and nostalgia trips
    -assuming you enjoy the shows humor,(why else play the game?) this game is absolutely outrageous and funny. It's unbelievable what they have gotten away with in this game. It's likely you will never see another M rated game this crazy. It was a blast.
    -super immersive and addicting
    -easy to play and understand. It's an RPG for fans of the show that don't like RPGs

Bad-
    -too easy to play and understand. If you are a hardcore gamer who knows a thing or two about RPGs, this game just seems to sell itself short.
    -super short for an RPG. Only about 10-15 hours long. Thats not enough time to let a game breathe. The game has a lot of things you'd want in an RPG to give it depth, but since it all moves so fast, the gameplay elements are never fully explored. They feel more gimmicky than anything. Many of the new abilities, farts, and weapon/armor sets are only useful a couple times, or for a couple minutes.
    -the game just needs more...fast travel is often a necessity in an RPG, but in south park, it works against you to an extent. It IS nice to go where you want instantly, but this makes this short game even shorter. It would've been excellent if the game had more going on to encourage and reward you for running around besides change for bashing scenery and enemies to fight...
    -battles are very unbalanced, and unfullfilling. Combat is either extremely easy if you nail the timing button presses, or brutal if you miss them. The game doesn't really challenge your comprehension of the battle system by giving you finely tuned battles that you normally see in a traditional turn based RPG. You will likely reach the level cap before you reach the end of the game if you do most of the side quests, making the subsequent battles feel even less rewarding. Great RPGs leave room at the end.
    -no real reason to replay/keep playing post game. The game feels very story driven, while it is extremely enjoyable, when it's over, the game world isn't exciting at all and replaying the game is probably less fun than a rerun. There are some achievements that could motivate you to play again, like a "choose this" one time, and "choose that" another time. But really those decisions don't mean anything in the game, so who cares. This is where interesting decisions make a game better, or some kind of multiplayer, or even a new game+ mode. A short game can actually work great with features that make it repayable, but this is just the same short game over and over.
    -frame rate stutters/little bugs. It's a small gripe, but it's pervades the whole experience.
    -the farting tutorials are kind of hard to understand and poorly explained. Then, once you learn it, you never have to try as hard to pull that fart off again, thankfully. Though it begs the question, was all that crap necessary to begin with? If I am to really feel the effort to fart, why not every time?
    -no towlie :(. Towlie only appears in a loading screen. There are very few characters that aren't in the game that I felt I would've wanted to see, but towlie...is just too awesome to not be in there somewhere. I like towlie.

As a fan of the show, the whole experience was really enjoyable, I didn't want to turn the game off. The humor, and interestingly wild plot are things you just never see in a video game. South park's writing and humor made it really easy to not care about the game mediocrities. Once it's over though, I just wished there was so much more, the town felt small by the end. noticably flawed, yet supremely enjoyable.

I'm sure it's next to impossible to deliver a game like this that reaches all expectations. Maybe if we're lucky, they'll make a sequel someday.
  13. Mar 4, 2014
    This game is quite a surprise. I expected the writing to be equivalent to the show, but I wasn't expecting much in terms of the actual gameplay. This is a very good game and with the unique look of the show and the same writing level of the actual show, it's a great combo, in my opinion.

The battle system is streamlined, yet still engaging--this is a balance that a lot of RPGs actually struggle with. The story is goofy as you would expect, but hilarious if South Park is your type of humor. There are tons of references, items, etc. that really draw you into the world of South Park. The countless items in other RPGs also exist in this game, except here, there are references and jokes in with even junk items that will just be sold later.

Some of the mechanics can be confusing at times, but once you get used to it, everything flows very well. There is a lot to do outside of the main story of the game, so fans of the show and completionists will have a good amount of ground to cover.

Overall, I think this is a great RPG lite game that delivers the humor you've come to expect from South Park.
  14. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is South Park to the core! This could be one of the best games to have come out in a long while. I'm a huge South Park fan, have been since I was a kid and been watching since 97. If you are a sp fan there is a ton of fan service in this game it's unreal! Definitely the funniest game ever made IMO! I laughed the entire 10 hrs I played, highly recommend!!! Expand
  15. Mar 5, 2014
    I love it! This is a great RPG, lot's of loot and power up options, and the fighting is ENTERTAINING! No button mashing or trying to move the camera around during battle. Great turn-based fighting system to go at your own pace! I saw the complaint about the magice system, and all it takes is stop and read the traingin prompt - it's so simple, almost like the scanner mini-game in theI love it! This is a great RPG, lot's of loot and power up options, and the fighting is ENTERTAINING! No button mashing or trying to move the camera around during battle. Great turn-based fighting system to go at your own pace! I saw the complaint about the magice system, and all it takes is stop and read the traingin prompt - it's so simple, almost like the scanner mini-game in the Batman:Arkham Asylum games or lockpicking in Fallout 3. You hold one stick down (wow, hard) and move the other stick until you find the sweet-spot, then push up on the first stick. Simple. The graphics are super clean and clear (being a cartoon and all) and the effects are eye-catching (my electirc billy club is pretty sweet!). Try the game out if you like RPGs and if you barely even like the show. Expand
  16. Mar 4, 2014
    The game itself is fantastic, though too short. Still, I'll trade longevity for quality any day of the week. This game is a love letter to fans of the series; the more you know about the series and the more you recall its content, the more you will get out of this game. The mechanics behind the game are solid, the story is as offensive and hilarious as expected, but I don't think itThe game itself is fantastic, though too short. Still, I'll trade longevity for quality any day of the week. This game is a love letter to fans of the series; the more you know about the series and the more you recall its content, the more you will get out of this game. The mechanics behind the game are solid, the story is as offensive and hilarious as expected, but I don't think it would be worth the asking price to someone not already on board with the material.

Honestly, it raises the question of why you would ever buy the game if you don't like or watch south park...which leads me to the review posted by "Weirdbob"

Weirdbob is one stupid, stupid dude. He rates the game a zero because he can't figure out how to press two buttons despite the buttons being displayed on the screen in front of his face. The irony is that he is exactly the moron that the minds behind South Park so love to humiliate and yet, he's too big an idiot to realize it.
  17. Dec 11, 2014
    Solid game with everything you've come to expect from Trey and Matt, including unabated humiliation and denigration of the human race, crude adolescent humor, and lots of homosexual themes that builds to a disturbing crescendo.

Menu systems were intuitive and game play felt consistent. IMO the best part of the game was the combat system. It made you think and consider different strategies, otherwise, some parts felt impossible. You need to upgrade, replenish your consumables, utilize weapon and armor modifications, mix in special actions, master blocking (not optional), choose the right buddy for a particular fight, etc. If you were faithful, you are rewarded with a fair system that is both fun and challenging - a balance that's difficult to achieve.

Only experienced a few glitches with the menu system like quests not appearing correctly on the map a couple times and one sequence not rendering properly (a reload fixed it, seemed like a common problem with others online).

You need to pay close attention to the tutorials when Cartman or Randy are showing you moves, if it says press, then press, if it says hold, then hold. Sometimes it will have R and R (thumb stick) side by side and its easy to think it means L and R. Also, when navigating puzzles, keep an eye out for all the clues such as blinking sections, fire, switches, teleports, etc.

Some directions were vague however, like when spinning the left thumb, it penalizes you for not going fast enough, although no where does it indicate any speed requirements. Also the last fart move is a little different from the others and also a little confusing at first. Just look up any questions online, they're all there to help you along.

It also incorporates some anime and 8-bit games sections which were fun and more spoofs. Voice acting and scripts were great. The game takes Skyrim as its theme and hostage. Incorporates lots of elements from other games as well for more jabs. Also, the game gives you one of two paths to play in the game.

The $60 might be considered a little steep by some, personally, I paid $30 for it on XBOX Gold and felt very satisfied with that price. Only recommended for people that have a high tolerance for offensive material.
  18. Mar 8, 2014
    Just a pure amazing game. There is so few flaws.
    Just a pure amazing game. There is so few flaws.
    I really liked the customisation in this game. There is a wide range of clothing and powers you could put on weapons and armour, which is personally one of the best things in the game. The combat system I really enjoyed. There was so many tactics you could do. Consumables, ranged weapons, abilities...it goes on and on. This game is also very humorous. I'm from Europe, and on a quest, they pulled off censoring very well. An EU flag shows up in the background with a statue facepalming and elevator music playing, and text appears explaining that Europe would not allow this. They did state what happened in the scene. I practically burst out laughing. Anyways, overall this game is just amazing. One thing that did frustrate me was that I got stuck on a few puzzles but that's just because I'm bad at puzzles.
  19. Mar 6, 2014
    10 out of 10!

I just finished this game, and if you're into fighting a horde of aborted nazi zombie fetus's, making them puke themselves to death by combining a tusk of ginger pubes and an alien probing **** weapon, and then farting on their corpses upon defeating them..... and then getting an achievement for it... then you are in for a treat! This game is like nothing you've ever
    10 out of 10!

This game is like nothing you've ever played before.
  20. Mar 4, 2014
    I just finished the game, and yea I enjoyed my play-through. There is plenty to like about this game if your a fan of the show: lots of references, feels like your playing the show, same voice actors. It really is a good time. The biggest plus is defiantly being able to walk through South Park, go into its buildings and interact with the people in the quiet, little, white breed, redneckI just finished the game, and yea I enjoyed my play-through. There is plenty to like about this game if your a fan of the show: lots of references, feels like your playing the show, same voice actors. It really is a good time. The biggest plus is defiantly being able to walk through South Park, go into its buildings and interact with the people in the quiet, little, white breed, redneck mountain town. The RPG elements are simplistic and easy to understand and get used to, and the combat isn't all that exciting, but not uninteresting. (being able to flip through companion characters anytime was a nice touch).

Some problems with the game: First of all I don't see myself replaying the game, and after finishing it there's no need to stick around (except to collect weapons, armor, and chimpokemon [for thouse achievement hunters]). There defiantly aren't enough side quests, and the map is relatively small (I was tricked into thinking that their would be more to it since the paths out of the city are blocked, but after you can bypass it there is nowhere to go but back to the city or to Canada (which is a small retro RPG style). Also the game was not as funny as I was expecting, but I did laugh every now and then, but not as much as I thought I would be.

The end result is that I found it hard to put my controller down, as I wanted to keep advancing through the games story and get to meet the characters of South Park. Bottom line is if you are a fan of the show, you will oversee the few minor short-coming of this game because of the atmosphere that you are invested in.
  21. Mar 14, 2014
    I am a real lover of open world RPG games and so this game attracted my attention for all the wrong reasons. After all HOW could a South park RPG be anywhere near a good game? This game however is pure genius. You really MUST get a hold of this game. Shame that the game has been censored in Europe!!!!
  22. Mar 15, 2014
    Really great game for any South Park fan. Easily the best licensed game ever made especially considering licensed games are usually absolutely horrible. Funny and fun from start to finish. The game however is insanely easy. I never once was in danger of dieing since your inventory will always be chock full of health packs and by the end when you are leveled up and have good weaponsReally great game for any South Park fan. Easily the best licensed game ever made especially considering licensed games are usually absolutely horrible. Funny and fun from start to finish. The game however is insanely easy. I never once was in danger of dieing since your inventory will always be chock full of health packs and by the end when you are leveled up and have good weapons most fights will be over without the enemy ever getting a turn. It also is crazy short for an RPG. About 10-12 hours to 100% everything, main quest, side quests, all collectibles, and all achievements. Expand
  23. Apr 7, 2014
    I didn't have high hopes for this game, but it sure did surprise me. It actually feels like I'm playing an episode of South Park, a whole season for that matter. I haven't played it since it's release so I'm trying my hardest to remember how it was.

To start, the graphics are extremely close to what an episode looks like. Walking around South Park, the show I have always loved, feels amazing.

It has many memorable and laugh our load moments. All your favorite characters are doing what your favorite characters do. There personalities and look are all the same as the series. I really fell in love with this game. The story is silly, but that's what South Park is all about.

Is there any bad? Of course there is, no game is perfect. Whilst these aren't "Game ruining" They were still frustrating moments.

Walking around south park was amazing, but it very quickly became repetitive and didn't offer much extra further in the game. The fighting became a bit dull and boring the more you did it, I thought. At first it was also very confusing, and felt a little tedious.

I honestly can't find anymore complaints about this game, I'm sure there is more and I'm sure there is also a lot more good that I have missed. If you're a fan of the show I would definitely check out this game. Even if you're not a fan I would still at least hire it from a local video shop and check it out.

I honestly think people giving this game a 10 are absolutely insane, a game has to be almost perfect to receive a 10. This game was a good game, but definitely doesn't rise much above your average game.
    I think people put a lot of nostalgia into there ratings. None the less this game definitely deserves an 8. Go check it out if you haven't already.
  24. Jun 30, 2014
    Awesome cut scenes no denying that, some funny stuff. Wasn't to big on the gameplay. Would have been great on the 3DS. 32 more characters, mmmhmm yep.
  25. Mar 5, 2014
    South Park: STOT is a great game to add to your South Park collection. Gameplay is fun, graphics are beautiful and the storyline is epic. Also the music is very well done and suits the atmosphere perfectly. Don't miss out on this amazing South Park RPG.
  26. Apr 21, 2014
    Comedy is hard to do in games, but South Park does it incredibly well! Feels like you are playing an episode! If you don't like the show or the type of humor Parker/Stone deliver, then this game will not be for you.
  27. Mar 4, 2014
    What an exhilarating, funny game! The armor, weapons, and especially the classes are well done, look good, and are funny. I dig South Park, and I assume not everyone does, but if you do, check this game out! It's more RPG-lite than straight WRPG, but it's gameplay is fun, and that's what is most important to me. Great game. And so hilarious! I love it!
  28. Mar 10, 2014
    I just completed this games and all i have to say is wow. I have never been a huge South Park fan, I always watched here and there, but never been really that into it but this game was amazing even for a casual South Park fan. If you are a really big South Park fan this game will probably be one of the top games you ever played. It is really that good. From start to finish it is just soI just completed this games and all i have to say is wow. I have never been a huge South Park fan, I always watched here and there, but never been really that into it but this game was amazing even for a casual South Park fan. If you are a really big South Park fan this game will probably be one of the top games you ever played. It is really that good. From start to finish it is just so funny, and I finished this game in about 2 days because I just could not put it down. The visuals are awesome because it is an exact replica of the show, and the game runs very smoothly. I found maybe one or two minor bugs in my first play through. The only way someone may not like this game is if they are not a fan of RPGs. This game is an RPG, so it kinda has that 'Pokemon' style combat to it. Im not a huge fan of RPGs, but I made an exception for this game and I am really glad I did. My only complaint about the game is that I wish it really was a little longer because this game can be completed in a day if you really wanted to. Overall, probably the best licensed game ever, this is my favorite game so far this year, and therefore I give it a 9. Expand
  29. Mar 10, 2014
    A game made purely for south park fans and that is the best thing about it. It doesn't try to deviate from the show at all, in fact they try to get as many references into the show as possible! Whether it be lines in dialogue. TV's in peoples houses playing famous lines from Terrence and Phillip on the Canad Channel to items and equipment (Cheesy Poofs restore health).

The gameplay is

The gameplay is rather simplistic. Battles can be won fairly easily although miss-timing a hit can hurt you, the ability to heal every turn and the fact that health packs are everywhere means you shouldn't have too much trouble.

All in all it's like your playing one big episode of south park and while people may get a little bored of the gameplay the story will have you hooked!
  30. Mar 14, 2014
    The awesomeness of the game is awesome! He's fun, fun... & fun! He's a little bit to short but... You can restart a new game with an other class after, the fun will be there! Seriously... I'm waiting for a sequel. Please. Do a new South Park soon. I can't wait!
  31. Mar 20, 2014
    O jogo é incrível, com seu contexto puro do desenho animado, é uma incrível adaptação, digna de exemplo para as demais produtoras que pensarem em criar um jogo de um desenho, contudo peca ao ter uma estória curta.
  32. Mar 10, 2014
    Perfect for the lapsed South Park fan. I haven't watched regularly for years but knew I had to try out the game when it was announced. Funny, shocking, and fun fights, not much more you can ask from a South Park themed RPG.
  33. Mar 4, 2014
    Spectacular!! Hilariously funny and while the RPG elements are pretty light and simple the art design, writing and game play make this a must buy! There is lots of customization and things to do. If there are any characters that you love from the TV show I guarantee you'll also see them in the game. It's obvious Matt Stone and Trey Parker played huge roles in the development of this game,Spectacular!! Hilariously funny and while the RPG elements are pretty light and simple the art design, writing and game play make this a must buy! There is lots of customization and things to do. If there are any characters that you love from the TV show I guarantee you'll also see them in the game. It's obvious Matt Stone and Trey Parker played huge roles in the development of this game, this has their fingerprints all over it with the games wit and charm. Everyone should go out and buy this game because it deserves a sequel. Expand
  34. Mar 7, 2014
    South Park: The Stick of Truth is one of the few adaptations from TV/movie to a game that is true to the heart of the original. Every aspect of this game is true to the heart of the show, so people who are new to the show or the game will not enjoy it as much as those who are long time fans, such as myself. I have also never taken to turn-based games as much as I have RPGs, but I found itSouth Park: The Stick of Truth is one of the few adaptations from TV/movie to a game that is true to the heart of the original. Every aspect of this game is true to the heart of the show, so people who are new to the show or the game will not enjoy it as much as those who are long time fans, such as myself. I have also never taken to turn-based games as much as I have RPGs, but I found it surprisingly addictive and refreshing.

The story was fantastic and funny, and it kept me playing all the way to the end, twice, without any breaks whatsoever (currently 32/50 achievements down). If I could find any fault whatsoever with this game, it is that it feels too short a game (it took me 7 hours for the first playthrough, and 9 hours for the second playthrough). This shortcoming is made up for, however, for its replayability; completed it two times, and I still want to play it again. This game gets a well-deserved 9/10.
  35. Mar 13, 2014
    If you like South Park, this is one of the best South park things ever! If you don't like South Park, it's not for you. But if you were blessed with a sense of humor for South Park, this is one of the best games you could ever play. Amazing open world, great combat and an awesome story make this one of my favorite games of all time.

You'll find some people who have a problem with the

You'll find some people who have a problem with the occasional glitches or who think the turn based combat has some issues like not being able to wait or guard instead of just attack, I found both of these very easily avoidable issues by taking the Stick of Truth out of my ass and just taking in the game for what it is.
  36. May 22, 2014
    Feels like you are dropped right into a South Park episode. Fun game with simple RPG elements. Even if you are not a fan of South Park (but ok with crude humor) I think you will enjoy this game.
  37. Mar 6, 2014
    Anyone that isn't a fan of South Park... this may make you one. This is the funniest game I have ever played. I played for about an hour when i got it, and I was laughing hysterically for about 45 minutes of that time. The game play is very basic, and the graphics are the South Park TV show graphics we all know and love, but so far the story is amazing. The game play is veryAnyone that isn't a fan of South Park... this may make you one. This is the funniest game I have ever played. I played for about an hour when i got it, and I was laughing hysterically for about 45 minutes of that time. The game play is very basic, and the graphics are the South Park TV show graphics we all know and love, but so far the story is amazing. The game play is very Pokemon-esque with the over world navigation, random encounters, and the turn based battling, with a little old school final fantasy in there, because you can have multiple people in your party. There is a lot of over world interaction. The one thing I will say is that it really doesn't seem to matter what class you are, in anything other than abilities, which is something I like, because I don't want to be limited on weapons or Armour just because i didn't choose a certain class. Expand
  38. Sep 19, 2014
    As a fan of the “South Park” TV show and turn based role playing games, “The Stick of Truth” is my game of the year. This game does not go lightly on the RPG elements; it may have one of the most mechanics driven combat systems I have ever played. I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay, story, and maybe most surprisingly, the music. If you already know you do not like “South Park”, then youAs a fan of the “South Park” TV show and turn based role playing games, “The Stick of Truth” is my game of the year. This game does not go lightly on the RPG elements; it may have one of the most mechanics driven combat systems I have ever played. I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay, story, and maybe most surprisingly, the music. If you already know you do not like “South Park”, then you should avoid this game, as it is more over the top than any television episode I have seen. If you do like the show, but are not into the idea of an RPG, I am not sure what to recommend. I suppose you could just turn down the difficulty and play through it to enjoy the continuing exploits of the characters from the long running TV series, if that sounds appealing. Expand
  39. Mar 5, 2014
    Hands down, the best T.V./ Movie licensed game of all time. This game is like porn for south park fans. If you're a fan of the show.....hell, if you're a fan of laughing your ass off, DO NOT miss this game. Best $60 I've spent in a long time. Between TSOT and Dark Souls 2, this console generation is going out with a bang.
  40. Mar 11, 2014
    Great fun game, this game is for sure not for kids but as adult its a blast. Plays well enough and is fun to sit back and play. Graphics look just like the tv show. Good stuff.
  41. Apr 24, 2014
    while ı was playing south park stick of truth,ı though "am ı watching new episode of south park?"
    ı think this game is the best cartoon game ever.because game has sense of humor.
  42. May 22, 2014
    Of course, you don't expect good graphics, or the best soundtrack(both of them are pretty good) for a South Park game, it's just what it is, a game is for fun before almost everything, and this game it's one of the funniest you can buy now. Try it and laugh your ass off.
  43. Oct 8, 2014
    I was not expecting this game to be very good, however, I was proven to be 100% wrong. I love this game in its entirety. The graphics go along with the show and I love the plot as well. I am happy to say I am a pleased customer. I highly recommend this game. The weapon upgrades leave me laughing all the way through the game. The dialogue is also well done, bravo Obsidian!
  44. Dec 14, 2014
    This is hands down one of the funniest video games of all time, maybe even funnier than "Conker's Bad Fur Day." While it isn't the perfect single player game, it emerges as a crowned jewel for Obsidian Entertainment and South Park Digital Studios! The game uses the classic turn-based strategy rpg gameplay style and it works quite nicely, but only lacks slightly on the overall combatThis is hands down one of the funniest video games of all time, maybe even funnier than "Conker's Bad Fur Day." While it isn't the perfect single player game, it emerges as a crowned jewel for Obsidian Entertainment and South Park Digital Studios! The game uses the classic turn-based strategy rpg gameplay style and it works quite nicely, but only lacks slightly on the overall combat system. The story, humor, and pacing keeps everything feeling nice and fresh, with many creative satire references actually used in hit television show, obviously intended for the more hardcore South Park fans. I you enjoy playing turn-based rpg games, then you may just enjoy this game. If you you love South Park, then you may absolutely adore this game! It's worth a buy or even a GameFly rental at least. If you're looking for a entertaining game, with clever comedy, just for you to chill back and have a great time, then do yourself a favor and play this game a.s.a.p. Expand
  45. Mar 15, 2014
    I am a fan of both South Park as well as the RPG genre of games. I think it is important to list that as a frame of reference for my opinions of the game.

The Good: The game has some fantastic elements. Many RPGs fall into a rut where it is just the same thing over and over. This game incorporated a lot of elements which are not commonly found in RPGs though. There were button

The Good:
    The game has some fantastic elements. Many RPGs fall into a rut where it is just the same thing over and over. This game incorporated a lot of elements which are not commonly found in RPGs though. There were button sequences involved much like DDR or the 1980's handheld game Simon. An entire zone of the game is mocked up much like the original NES classic Dragon Warrior. The dialog is true to what South Park fans would expect. Gaining new abilities allows you to explore previously unreachable areas which is also nice.

The Bad:
    The game itself is quite short. Most gamers could complete the game in a single weekend. There is no purpose at all to the "junk" items whereas many other games would have a crafting system in place to turn junk into new weapons or armor. Some armor items are unable to be dyed which is unfortunate. There is no new-game plus feature which again is unfortunate as there are several achievements which either require playing the game a certain way and there are also some elements which will only be completable during a very brief window of opportunity. If you miss these brief opportunities in the final chapters of the game, guess what, if you are a 100% completionist, you are playing the entire game over again. Also the tutorials teaching you how to use magic are simply awful. The stick movements depicted are not at all in line with what you actually need to do. There also do not appear to be any super-bosses which are found in many RPG games. This is doubly disappointing as the game is short, and Mecha Streisand simply lends itself to that so well. Most of the houses you explore also have the exact same blueprint which gets a bit tedious. Also, as much of the enjoyment of the game comes from the humor the game loses a lot of replay value as you have already heard the same jokes once before. Also had a few audio glitches occur but reloading a save or exiting the game seems to clear them up. I also found much of the NPC background dialog to be misleading. Some NPCs will give you tips on how to complete certain aspects, however there is no point to this as you will not be able to complete these tasks until they become essential to the story progression.

Final Recommendation
    If you are not a South Park fan there is a good chance you will be horribly offended by this game. If you are a South Park fan you may enjoy the game, but I would recommend waiting 2-3 months and grabbing at Gamestop for $20. The game as a whole is really underwhelming at the current $60 asking price. No multiplayer, no new-game plus, no end game content (aside from collectibles), short overall campaign. .
  46. Mar 4, 2014
    What a game! Don't listen to weirdbob! I was sick all day, and played non stop. Great humor, the battle system is super easy after 5 minutes of playing. So many characters, like Mr. Hankey and his family, crab people, Jesus, hell even the under pants gnomes.
    The game play is hilarious, the enemies get increasingly harder (like man bear pig), theres enough items to baffle someone with OCD, and the jokes are non stop.
    By far, one of my favorite games.
  47. Mar 5, 2014
    How to create an amazing game in 3 easy steps.

Step #1 Take an award winning sitcom with a long track run of success Step #2 Have the Creators of that sitcom watch over the studio developing the "so Called" game to prevent such source material from being butchered. Step #3 The final product, you are left with is one of the best (if not the best ever!) commercially licensed game in
    How to create an amazing game in 3 easy steps.

Step #1 Take an award winning sitcom with a long track run of success

Step #3 The final product, you are left with is one of the best (if not the best ever!) commercially licensed game in its existence, with that said your truly something made for the fans of our favorite little quiet redneck mountain town.

Side note* Among all the games I had played in the last months this one was the most anticipated and has my vote for "Game Of The Year".
  48. Mar 12, 2014
    This game is amazing even if your not a fan, perfect RPG elements and the game has so many laughs, The only problem is THE AUSTRALIAN VERSION CENSORS THE ALIEN MOTHERSHIP LEVEL WITH STUPID PICTURES OF CRYING KOALA'S SAYING SORRY THIS CONTENT IS BLOCKED IN YOUR COUNTRY
  49. Mar 4, 2014
    One of the best licensed games ever. It is hard to get something right again if it has a previous adaptation. But this game hits it out of the park. If you ever watched South Park, you are gonna love this game. The game is funny. The turn based combat system is extremely refined. The graphics are a replica of the TV series. The RPG elements are also comic. If you love RPGs you are gonnaOne of the best licensed games ever. It is hard to get something right again if it has a previous adaptation. But this game hits it out of the park. If you ever watched South Park, you are gonna love this game. The game is funny. The turn based combat system is extremely refined. The graphics are a replica of the TV series. The RPG elements are also comic. If you love RPGs you are gonna have a great time with this. You need 10 hours to complete the main story. 10 more hours for side-quests. But if you want to get every achievement available you need to play it again a couple of times. So this make an excellent replay value. So in all, if you need a good video game, get this one. You won't be disappointed. Also a serious contender for my GOTY. Expand
  50. Mar 4, 2014
    I don't think anyone expected a South Park game to be this good. Stick of Truth is proof that if you give Obsidian enough time they'll develop a well thought out, interesting, mostly bug-free experience. I'm not a big South Park fan, but I love Obsidian, and they seem to have made the Super Mario RPG of South Park games. Lots of timing based attacks in the turn-based combat, a ton of stuffI don't think anyone expected a South Park game to be this good. Stick of Truth is proof that if you give Obsidian enough time they'll develop a well thought out, interesting, mostly bug-free experience. I'm not a big South Park fan, but I love Obsidian, and they seem to have made the Super Mario RPG of South Park games. Lots of timing based attacks in the turn-based combat, a ton of stuff to hit and shoot in the environment to find new items, and so much stuff to collect, friends to meet (the menu screen is effectively Facebook, including friend requests), and abilities to use.

The game is, in general, really funny and not too reliant on your familiarity of the show either. The look of the game is SPOT ON with the show in kind of an amazing way. South Park fans who get all the references and in-jokes should definitely play this game because they will get the most enjoyment out of it, but as an Obsidian fan I'm loving how well-crafted everything is in the game. I hope this does well for them sales wise, because it will lead to more awesome RPGs from one of the best developers in the business. Bravo to Ubisoft for picking up this game in the wake of THQ's fallout and giving it the time it needed to be really good.
  51. Mar 12, 2014
    An absolute blast to play. Fans of the series will undoubtedly have more fun with it, shrieking with glee when a delightfully obscure reference pops on the screen. It caters to fans of RPGs being a turn-based game, but the button-tapping and interaction during moves should keep fans of more actiony fare engaged.

While it is a spectacularly put-together game, the gameplay itself is

While it is a spectacularly put-together game, the gameplay itself is almost secondary to the top-notch entertainment the script and characters provide. It's funny. It's just really, really funny. The voice acting is superb, your favorite characters are just as hilarious as they would be on the show (Randy, dear sweet Randy will forever be one of the finest South Park characters, and in this game he does not disappoint), and the whole story is as perfectly absurd as an episode of the show would be. Everything just works so nicely together. And without giving anything away, Canada is just the best.

I refrain from giving it a perfect score for only two reasons:

One, it is a LITTLE bit too forgiving, almost a bit too easy. Aside from one or two fights (definitely NOT with Al Gore) the game is just not that hard. Most RPGs give you just one action a turn, and this game affords you the luxury of TWO per turn, allowing a character to consume an item and then also attack. Usually a bit more strategy or timing is expected to survive encounters, and this extra move a turn eliminates a lot of that.

Two, it's just too short. I'm sure I'm not the only one complaining that it goes by too quickly, and maybe it's because I was just having so much fun I just powered through it, but it could have (and really should have) been at least three or four times longer. I can't imagine where they might have taken the story if it went further than it did, but I know I would have enjoyed it. Just when the story is starting to get really intense, the world starting to feel bigger, your army powerful and dynamic, the game is over. It ends spectacularly, but I wasn't ready for it to be done; I wanted to spend much more time playing dress-up with the boys.

Overall, gorgeous, hilarious, and fun, and certainly not to be missed by any right-minded South Park fan.
  52. Mar 21, 2014
    Fans of South Park come hither, if not, save some time and play a real RPG. The game is hilarious and can be played out like a South Park episode. However, I found the experience empty and ended up feeling like I could have watched it instead of playing it. Tasks are fun and can be intriguing. There are many pickups, but the amount of time to change them out all the time became aFans of South Park come hither, if not, save some time and play a real RPG. The game is hilarious and can be played out like a South Park episode. However, I found the experience empty and ended up feeling like I could have watched it instead of playing it. Tasks are fun and can be intriguing. There are many pickups, but the amount of time to change them out all the time became a waste, and just stuck with some lower level equipment. Good game, but no Skyrim. Expand
  53. Mar 28, 2014
    This game is all i expected it to be. It's like watching a very long South Park episode, only that you are controlling The New Kid yourself. The joke density is as high as in the series, if not higher, and there is plenty of new material next to the all time favorites to discover. Coming from Europe i had to suffer through the censored scenes, which were solved in a brilliant way: InsteadThis game is all i expected it to be. It's like watching a very long South Park episode, only that you are controlling The New Kid yourself. The joke density is as high as in the series, if not higher, and there is plenty of new material next to the all time favorites to discover. Coming from Europe i had to suffer through the censored scenes, which were solved in a brilliant way: Instead of the visual you get a detailed description of what the scene would have been, so detailed, that it times i get the feeling it is even worse than not cutting it at all. If you are in any way drawn to South Park, you just have to play this game. Expand
  54. Apr 2, 2014
    As a huge South Park and RPG fan, going into this game I was worried it would never meet my expectations. However, South Park: The Stick of Truth delivered the best experience I could ever have asked for. The combat is extremely simple yet rewarding, the side quests are varied and engaging, and the storyline is absolutely over the top hilarious.
    As a long time fan of the show I do have
    As a long time fan of the show I do have to say however that people who are not familiar with the show will not have nearly as much fun with it as I did. In the side quests, collectibles, and the story line there are hundreds of jokes that only people who watch the show would understand; I feel like that was the part that most engaged me. Although the game play itself was fun and rewarding, that is not what got me through the game itself, it was seeing which character from South Park would make an appearance next.
    I did not give this game a perfect 10 based on the facts above and also that the game was a little too short. I hate to say this but I would 100% recommend to rent this game, it is not worth the full price $60 due to the fact it is only about 15-20 hours in length with doing everything in the game.
    One piece of advice I can offer anyone on the fence about this game as well is that if you are easily offended do not bother with this game. I personally was not offended but did catch myself on numerous occasions saying things out loud like "Oh come on!" and "No... no... are you kidding me". There are jokes and scenarios in this game that top any of the most offensive South Park episodes in recent memory.
    Overall though it is a great Role-Playing Game and homage to fans of South Park everywhere. 9/10 Would Recommend!
  55. Apr 29, 2014
    This is one of the coolest games I played!Still,I gave it a 9 for one reason:lacks different kinds of gameplay.You just walk around,fight people and collect stuff,that's all!Still a pretty good game for its jokes,references,music.Definitely a game every south park fan should play.
  56. May 30, 2014
    Finally a licensed games that has been done right! South Park the stick of truth is by far one of the funniest games I have ever played. This game has succeed because if the amount of involvement and time that matt and trey have out into the game and all their work and effort has definitely payed off. There are constant laughs throughout the whole game, it almost like one long episode ofFinally a licensed games that has been done right! South Park the stick of truth is by far one of the funniest games I have ever played. This game has succeed because if the amount of involvement and time that matt and trey have out into the game and all their work and effort has definitely payed off. There are constant laughs throughout the whole game, it almost like one long episode of South Park. It is just great! Expand
  57. Mar 5, 2014
    Being an avid South Park fan and a core RPG Gamer, I didn't hesitate to preorder this gem, I was not let down. Having played the South Park tower defense game and 'Scott Tenorman Must Die' XBLA games, I knew that a full blown retail RPG would be great, and boy was I right. It almost seems as if Matt and Trey make up for the lack of comedic genius and originality of the last season of SouthBeing an avid South Park fan and a core RPG Gamer, I didn't hesitate to preorder this gem, I was not let down. Having played the South Park tower defense game and 'Scott Tenorman Must Die' XBLA games, I knew that a full blown retail RPG would be great, and boy was I right. It almost seems as if Matt and Trey make up for the lack of comedic genius and originality of the last season of South Park with this game alone. Extremely funny, obviously great voice acting ;). The RPG elements are awesome, especially using the turn-based combat most recognized from most older RPG's. Even if you don't particularly like RPG/Adventure type games, if you like South Park, you will not be let down. Much humor, such laughter, very wow. Expand
  58. Mar 6, 2014
    If you are a fan of South Park, and enjoy role playing games, especially those in the spirit of Paper Mario *pressing buttons just before an attack to defend yourself, or attacking to do extra damage* then this is a must buy. If you only live for a multiplayer or couch coop experience, than this game is not for you as neither exist within the game. To myself and many others, this is aIf you are a fan of South Park, and enjoy role playing games, especially those in the spirit of Paper Mario *pressing buttons just before an attack to defend yourself, or attacking to do extra damage* then this is a must buy. If you only live for a multiplayer or couch coop experience, than this game is not for you as neither exist within the game. To myself and many others, this is a boon not a bust. However it will keep some people from picking up the title.

There is a reason almost everyone says the game is just like playing an episode. The animation is spot on for the show, the voices are all there, and unless you live under a rock you know that both Trey Parker and Matt Stone wrote the story & dialogue.

Combat is turn based, easy to pick up but still rewarding to play. The major challenge comes in the form of well placed button presses that can come in multiple forms and involve even the analogue sticks. Making sure you have the best weapon and armor and "Strap-ons and Patches" respectively. *Read socketables/gems/materia* for every situation will satisfy just about every OCD RPG list addict without making the menu system clunky or tedious. The ability to customize your looks in the form of both facial and head hair, accessories and makeup/features are also great, but even better is that all hair, and almost all armor can be dyed via a large pallet of colors. Its a shallow pool at first, but you find more dyes as the game goes on, and they never run out.

There are a a myriad of collectibles and EVERYTHING is really one big ass SP easteregg. There are nods to other games as well, such as being called a dragonborn for farting, and bottle caps that look a lot like Nuka Cola caps.

The entire SP cast in included save for some dead members, but even they get crammed into the game in different ways, I wont spoil it for you. The music in the game is fairly good, from musical numbers that are a staple in any medieval style RPG, to original songs from the show. Even loading a save treats you to the "returning from commercial break" guitar jingle from the show.

The humor is everything you have come to expect from SP, as it should be. However be warned, if you are a sensitive soul and take offence easily, you really should not buy this game. Then again if you are like that, chances are this game is not even on your must play list. It also goes without saying that this is NOT a game for the under 18 crowd. Any parent buying this should understand that, and be ashamed for letting their kid play this.

Its not a perfect game, there are a few bugs and some frame rate issues*review was within 3 days of its release* but nothing that breaks the game, or takes away from the total immersion in the town of South Park that is possible. By far this is the best South Park game ever produced, and is absolutely a stellar game. Around 10-12 hours if you rush, 20+ if you do everything. There will always be some braggart guy that nobody likes spouting off that "Well, I, beat it in *lie about time* it was too easy!" But who cares about that class of jerk?

They have already said that some adventure adding DLC is on the way, and will be coming to the Xbox 360 first. This will serve to add more play time to the game, obviously.

If you LOVE or even just kind of like South Park in any way and having a good laugh / good time at the same time, then buy or rent this masterpiece of satire.

Questions or comments? Message me.
  59. Mar 20, 2014
    A Modern Medieval Offensive Great Time
    A Modern Medieval Offensive Great Time
    South Park we have all seen it, a small group of 4th graders get caught in some insane offensive plot to some culture and figure out a way to deal with it in a kid way. The stick of truth is no difference to a South Park Episode, you play as the Douchebag or the new kid on the block trying to the humans overcome the elves, and then aliens, nazi zombies, the government, and some fetuses come in to play making the story as farfetched as possible. Every important character in the south park universe makes an appearance including Chef, who hasn’t made an appearance in a couple seasons. The story is just as good as any great episode of South Park, original voice acting, original music, and of course remembering big episodes such as ManBearPig, the adventure of lemmiwinks, and 8-bit Canada. The music is great, full of original music for the game and songs from the show. The most disappointing thing about the game is the gameplay, the turn base rpg system is very nice don’t get me wrong, but to the SBE crew we believed it could have been better as a hack n slash. The game its self is quite easy and completing everything in the game can take you roughly 12 hours.
    I give the game an 8.5/10 praising its comedy, music, story, and original voice actors from the show. The combat system is good, but could have been better being a hack n slash and the game its self is too easy.
  60. Mar 22, 2014
    Pros:
    Funny
    Lots of South Park in-gags
    Decent Story

Cons:
    Short, ~10-20 hours of quests
    Repetitive Combat
    Party size caps at 2

Thoughts:
    It was worth playing, but not worth the full price.
  61. Mar 4, 2014
    Man the first 30 -40 minutes of this game are great. It feels and looks like Southpark . However I'll never get past that point since I spent another hour just trying to get past the stupid "Magic" tutorial. It's annoying on so many levels. They don't tell you what your doing wrong, and each time you fail you have to wait while Cartman does it perfectly. However him showing you how to doMan the first 30 -40 minutes of this game are great. It feels and looks like Southpark . However I'll never get past that point since I spent another hour just trying to get past the stupid "Magic" tutorial. It's annoying on so many levels. They don't tell you what your doing wrong, and each time you fail you have to wait while Cartman does it perfectly. However him showing you how to do it doesn't help as you can't see what he's doing with the keyboard. All you get is a picture of the A and D keys slowly going back and forth and it doesn't help at all . No option to skip this nonsense . I mean wtf is a rhythm game mechanic doing in a rpg. They game should realize there is something very wrong after 30 minutes of him doing that. But it doesn't . I just keeps you there . Maybe this bit is super easy for others but for me I couldn't figure out what they wanted. I put a good 3 hours into the game and was unable to complete it. Maybe I'll try it again if it gets patched. Expand
  62. Mar 8, 2014
    Game is very slow and boring. If you are not a South Park fan, there is nothing to see here. And I think even if you do like South Park this game is stupid and boring.
  63. Mar 9, 2014
    Great dialog, feels just like you're watching the show. Lots of great references to be had too. However, the controls are effing terrible at times. Some of the mini games are so hard because of this I even had to go looking for walkthroughs just to figure out the controls. Also, the game could have used more music. Other than this, the game was decent.
  64. Mar 11, 2014
    not terrible, but not great. the gameplay is cheap, and unintuitive.

It's very offensive, and shows children being raped.

Other than that it's what you would expect from southpark, decent voice acting but no substance whatsoever.
  65. Mar 14, 2014
    If you don't like South Park, then why are reading this? You won't enjoy it. Fans of South Park however, will truely, truely love it! They got all the details you hoped for in your wildest dreams and more! You will want to experience everything. See every nook and cranny for sure. This game sill also make you chuckle about a bazillion times during your play time. It's also very difficultIf you don't like South Park, then why are reading this? You won't enjoy it. Fans of South Park however, will truely, truely love it! They got all the details you hoped for in your wildest dreams and more! You will want to experience everything. See every nook and cranny for sure. This game sill also make you chuckle about a bazillion times during your play time. It's also very difficult to stop playing as the story and side quests keep you running around town, looking for other things, and trust me, you will want to explore it all. You can also get a slightly different storyline, so you might want to start a second game once you finish it the first time around. I know for my part, if I stare at my controller, I'll just turn on the console and start playing for hours, simply because you'll want to see what will happen next and where you'll end up. And once that controller is in your hands, I can guarantee you will not put it down for hours on end until the game is complete... then, you might make yourself a coffee to stay awake, and start the game again to try another class, the alternative storyline, etc.

So you are a South Park fan, eh? Then what the hell are you doing reading this to the end. The game is freakin' awesome. GO BUY IT NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  66. Mar 19, 2014
    One of the most unique games to come out in quite sometime let alone a RPG. The game is a joy to play throughout and the sidequests full of humor and accomplishment compared to most games that offer tedious tasks. You will find everything South Park here; from a hunting guide to lure famed South Park animals to hunt for rewards to complete a side quest to much more. Support this game. BuyOne of the most unique games to come out in quite sometime let alone a RPG. The game is a joy to play throughout and the sidequests full of humor and accomplishment compared to most games that offer tedious tasks. You will find everything South Park here; from a hunting guide to lure famed South Park animals to hunt for rewards to complete a side quest to much more. Support this game. Buy it so we can have it even better in the future. A game of the year contender and the developers deserve much more praise than there getting. Do not let a metacritic score of 82 scare you away. Buy it and you will enjoy it! Expand
  67. Mar 19, 2014
    I finished this game today. It is excruciatingly funny and offensive. If you are an avid South Park watcher, this game is for you. While I played the game, it felt as though I was actually in South Park. There were some technical issues but I believe that it was corrected with updates and patches. You don't have to be an RPG lover to enjoy this game.

If you don't like South Park, I

If you don't like South Park, I think you can still enjoy the game. You just need to have an open mind. It's really funny and has great reply value.

1. May 2, 2014
    In a Venn diagram of South Park fans and adventure RPG fans this game exists in the overlap. If you find yourself there too then this game is an absolute no-brainer.
  2. Apr 9, 2014
    What a tremendous piece of work. [Issue#146, p.100]
  3. Mar 11, 2014
    I had heard that Stephen King's Misery was a love letter written to his fans. South Park: The Stick of Truth is a similar love note from Matt Stone and Trey Parker.