8.5

1. Mar 4, 2014
    One of the best licensed games ever. It is hard to get something right again if it has a previous adaptation. But this game hits it out of the park. If you ever watched South Park, you are gonna love this game. The game is funny. The turn based combat system is extremely refined. The graphics are a replica of the TV series. The RPG elements are also comic. If you love RPGs you are gonnaOne of the best licensed games ever. It is hard to get something right again if it has a previous adaptation. But this game hits it out of the park. If you ever watched South Park, you are gonna love this game. The game is funny. The turn based combat system is extremely refined. The graphics are a replica of the TV series. The RPG elements are also comic. If you love RPGs you are gonna have a great time with this. You need 10 hours to complete the main story. 10 more hours for side-quests. But if you want to get every achievement available you need to play it again a couple of times. So this make an excellent replay value. So in all, if you need a good video game, get this one. You won't be disappointed. Also a serious contender for my GOTY. Expand
  2. Mar 22, 2014
    Pros:
    Funny
    Lots of South Park in-gags
    Decent Story

Cons:
    Short, ~10-20 hours of quests
    Repetitive Combat
    Party size caps at 2

Thoughts:
    It was worth playing, but not worth the full price.
  3. Aug 8, 2015
    Pretty decent.

There are some issues with the interface, which is clunky and annoying at times. The game over screen is a bit abrupt too, which is only a cosmetic issue in itself, but gives me the suggestion that a little effort was lacking in some elements of the game. As far as gameplay goes, though, this is great fun. The story is amusing and self-referential, as you'd expect
    Pretty decent.

As far as gameplay goes, though, this is great fun. The story is amusing and self-referential, as you'd expect from the TV show. The animation, voices and presentation are exactly as you expect too. As has been said a billion times before, this feels just like a South Park film in which you have a starring role.

Making its standard stabs at political and social concerns of modern America, with early side-missions including the beating up of the homeless that you see, so that they leave South Park and restore the town's standing as a "compassionate town". Another early scene has you escaping from an alien space craft, with European copies inexplicably censored when it comes to anal probes - but this censorship is amusingly presented, and again manages to be self-referential.

The town of South Park is easy to traverse (you will likely hold down B to run at all times) and there are unlockable bus stops - Timmy will take you between any two unlocked stops to cut walking time.

The fighting is your standard turn-based RPG style, but with a twist. You can use abilities (healing, curing, mana restoration) at the start of each character's turn, then you can attack. Attacking is similar in some ways to Mario's RPG series, with time button presses adding extra damage. The weapons are often humorous, with such SP-based charms as adding a tuft of ginger pubes to your weapon to gross out an enemy and cause further damage over time.

All in all this game understands what it wants to be, and more importantly understands what it is. And it presents itself with aplomb.
  4. Mar 4, 2014
    I don't think anyone expected a South Park game to be this good. Stick of Truth is proof that if you give Obsidian enough time they'll develop a well thought out, interesting, mostly bug-free experience. I'm not a big South Park fan, but I love Obsidian, and they seem to have made the Super Mario RPG of South Park games. Lots of timing based attacks in the turn-based combat, a ton of stuffI don't think anyone expected a South Park game to be this good. Stick of Truth is proof that if you give Obsidian enough time they'll develop a well thought out, interesting, mostly bug-free experience. I'm not a big South Park fan, but I love Obsidian, and they seem to have made the Super Mario RPG of South Park games. Lots of timing based attacks in the turn-based combat, a ton of stuff to hit and shoot in the environment to find new items, and so much stuff to collect, friends to meet (the menu screen is effectively Facebook, including friend requests), and abilities to use.

The game is, in general, really funny and not too reliant on your familiarity of the show either. The look of the game is SPOT ON with the show in kind of an amazing way. South Park fans who get all the references and in-jokes should definitely play this game because they will get the most enjoyment out of it, but as an Obsidian fan I'm loving how well-crafted everything is in the game. I hope this does well for them sales wise, because it will lead to more awesome RPGs from one of the best developers in the business. Bravo to Ubisoft for picking up this game in the wake of THQ's fallout and giving it the time it needed to be really good.
  5. Mar 6, 2014
    10 out of 10!

I just finished this game, and if you're into fighting a horde of aborted nazi zombie fetus's, making them puke themselves to death by combining a tusk of ginger pubes and an alien probing **** weapon, and then farting on their corpses upon defeating them..... and then getting an achievement for it... then you are in for a treat! This game is like nothing you've ever
    10 out of 10!

This game is like nothing you've ever played before.
  6. Mar 14, 2014
    I am a real lover of open world RPG games and so this game attracted my attention for all the wrong reasons. After all HOW could a South park RPG be anywhere near a good game? This game however is pure genius. You really MUST get a hold of this game. Shame that the game has been censored in Europe!!!!
  7. Mar 19, 2014
    One of the most unique games to come out in quite sometime let alone a RPG. The game is a joy to play throughout and the sidequests full of humor and accomplishment compared to most games that offer tedious tasks. You will find everything South Park here; from a hunting guide to lure famed South Park animals to hunt for rewards to complete a side quest to much more. Support this game. BuyOne of the most unique games to come out in quite sometime let alone a RPG. The game is a joy to play throughout and the sidequests full of humor and accomplishment compared to most games that offer tedious tasks. You will find everything South Park here; from a hunting guide to lure famed South Park animals to hunt for rewards to complete a side quest to much more. Support this game. Buy it so we can have it even better in the future. A game of the year contender and the developers deserve much more praise than there getting. Do not let a metacritic score of 82 scare you away. Buy it and you will enjoy it! Expand
  8. Mar 4, 2014
    Spectacular!! Hilariously funny and while the RPG elements are pretty light and simple the art design, writing and game play make this a must buy! There is lots of customization and things to do. If there are any characters that you love from the TV show I guarantee you'll also see them in the game. It's obvious Matt Stone and Trey Parker played huge roles in the development of this game,Spectacular!! Hilariously funny and while the RPG elements are pretty light and simple the art design, writing and game play make this a must buy! There is lots of customization and things to do. If there are any characters that you love from the TV show I guarantee you'll also see them in the game. It's obvious Matt Stone and Trey Parker played huge roles in the development of this game, this has their fingerprints all over it with the games wit and charm. Everyone should go out and buy this game because it deserves a sequel. Expand
  9. Mar 4, 2014
    This game is quite a surprise. I expected the writing to be equivalent to the show, but I wasn't expecting much in terms of the actual gameplay. This is a very good game and with the unique look of the show and the same writing level of the actual show, it's a great combo, in my opinion.

The battle system is streamlined, yet still engaging--this is a balance that a lot of RPGs actually struggle with. The story is goofy as you would expect, but hilarious if South Park is your type of humor. There are tons of references, items, etc. that really draw you into the world of South Park. The countless items in other RPGs also exist in this game, except here, there are references and jokes in with even junk items that will just be sold later.

Some of the mechanics can be confusing at times, but once you get used to it, everything flows very well. There is a lot to do outside of the main story of the game, so fans of the show and completionists will have a good amount of ground to cover.

Overall, I think this is a great RPG lite game that delivers the humor you've come to expect from South Park.
  10. Mar 15, 2014
    I am a fan of both South Park as well as the RPG genre of games. I think it is important to list that as a frame of reference for my opinions of the game.

The Good: The game has some fantastic elements. Many RPGs fall into a rut where it is just the same thing over and over. This game incorporated a lot of elements which are not commonly found in RPGs though. There were button

The Good:
    The game has some fantastic elements. Many RPGs fall into a rut where it is just the same thing over and over. This game incorporated a lot of elements which are not commonly found in RPGs though. There were button sequences involved much like DDR or the 1980's handheld game Simon. An entire zone of the game is mocked up much like the original NES classic Dragon Warrior. The dialog is true to what South Park fans would expect. Gaining new abilities allows you to explore previously unreachable areas which is also nice.

The Bad:
    The game itself is quite short. Most gamers could complete the game in a single weekend. There is no purpose at all to the "junk" items whereas many other games would have a crafting system in place to turn junk into new weapons or armor. Some armor items are unable to be dyed which is unfortunate. There is no new-game plus feature which again is unfortunate as there are several achievements which either require playing the game a certain way and there are also some elements which will only be completable during a very brief window of opportunity. If you miss these brief opportunities in the final chapters of the game, guess what, if you are a 100% completionist, you are playing the entire game over again. Also the tutorials teaching you how to use magic are simply awful. The stick movements depicted are not at all in line with what you actually need to do. There also do not appear to be any super-bosses which are found in many RPG games. This is doubly disappointing as the game is short, and Mecha Streisand simply lends itself to that so well. Most of the houses you explore also have the exact same blueprint which gets a bit tedious. Also, as much of the enjoyment of the game comes from the humor the game loses a lot of replay value as you have already heard the same jokes once before. Also had a few audio glitches occur but reloading a save or exiting the game seems to clear them up. I also found much of the NPC background dialog to be misleading. Some NPCs will give you tips on how to complete certain aspects, however there is no point to this as you will not be able to complete these tasks until they become essential to the story progression.

Final Recommendation
    If you are not a South Park fan there is a good chance you will be horribly offended by this game. If you are a South Park fan you may enjoy the game, but I would recommend waiting 2-3 months and grabbing at Gamestop for $20. The game as a whole is really underwhelming at the current $60 asking price. No multiplayer, no new-game plus, no end game content (aside from collectibles), short overall campaign. .
  11. Mar 4, 2014
    I just finished the game, and yea I enjoyed my play-through. There is plenty to like about this game if your a fan of the show: lots of references, feels like your playing the show, same voice actors. It really is a good time. The biggest plus is defiantly being able to walk through South Park, go into its buildings and interact with the people in the quiet, little, white breed, redneckI just finished the game, and yea I enjoyed my play-through. There is plenty to like about this game if your a fan of the show: lots of references, feels like your playing the show, same voice actors. It really is a good time. The biggest plus is defiantly being able to walk through South Park, go into its buildings and interact with the people in the quiet, little, white breed, redneck mountain town. The RPG elements are simplistic and easy to understand and get used to, and the combat isn't all that exciting, but not uninteresting. (being able to flip through companion characters anytime was a nice touch).

Some problems with the game: First of all I don't see myself replaying the game, and after finishing it there's no need to stick around (except to collect weapons, armor, and chimpokemon [for thouse achievement hunters]). There defiantly aren't enough side quests, and the map is relatively small (I was tricked into thinking that their would be more to it since the paths out of the city are blocked, but after you can bypass it there is nowhere to go but back to the city or to Canada (which is a small retro RPG style). Also the game was not as funny as I was expecting, but I did laugh every now and then, but not as much as I thought I would be.

The end result is that I found it hard to put my controller down, as I wanted to keep advancing through the games story and get to meet the characters of South Park. Bottom line is if you are a fan of the show, you will oversee the few minor short-coming of this game because of the atmosphere that you are invested in.
  12. Mar 6, 2014
    It's pretty incredible how well south park has been adapted into a open world RPG. However, while the humor, atmoshepere and nostalgia are top notch, the actuall gameplay is really sparse and rough around the edges.

Good: -looks just like the show -sounds just like the show -massive list of characters from the show to meet -references to countless episodes all over the place,

Good:
    -looks just like the show
    -sounds just like the show
    -massive list of characters from the show to meet
    -references to countless episodes all over the place, turning what would traditionally be mundane things into easy laughs and nostalgia trips
    -assuming you enjoy the shows humor,(why else play the game?) this game is absolutely outrageous and funny. It's unbelievable what they have gotten away with in this game. It's likely you will never see another M rated game this crazy. It was a blast.
    -super immersive and addicting
    -easy to play and understand. It's an RPG for fans of the show that don't like RPGs

Bad-
    -too easy to play and understand. If you are a hardcore gamer who knows a thing or two about RPGs, this game just seems to sell itself short.
    -super short for an RPG. Only about 10-15 hours long. Thats not enough time to let a game breathe. The game has a lot of things you'd want in an RPG to give it depth, but since it all moves so fast, the gameplay elements are never fully explored. They feel more gimmicky than anything. Many of the new abilities, farts, and weapon/armor sets are only useful a couple times, or for a couple minutes.
    -the game just needs more...fast travel is often a necessity in an RPG, but in south park, it works against you to an extent. It IS nice to go where you want instantly, but this makes this short game even shorter. It would've been excellent if the game had more going on to encourage and reward you for running around besides change for bashing scenery and enemies to fight...
    -battles are very unbalanced, and unfullfilling. Combat is either extremely easy if you nail the timing button presses, or brutal if you miss them. The game doesn't really challenge your comprehension of the battle system by giving you finely tuned battles that you normally see in a traditional turn based RPG. You will likely reach the level cap before you reach the end of the game if you do most of the side quests, making the subsequent battles feel even less rewarding. Great RPGs leave room at the end.
    -no real reason to replay/keep playing post game. The game feels very story driven, while it is extremely enjoyable, when it's over, the game world isn't exciting at all and replaying the game is probably less fun than a rerun. There are some achievements that could motivate you to play again, like a "choose this" one time, and "choose that" another time. But really those decisions don't mean anything in the game, so who cares. This is where interesting decisions make a game better, or some kind of multiplayer, or even a new game+ mode. A short game can actually work great with features that make it repayable, but this is just the same short game over and over.
    -frame rate stutters/little bugs. It's a small gripe, but it's pervades the whole experience.
    -the farting tutorials are kind of hard to understand and poorly explained. Then, once you learn it, you never have to try as hard to pull that fart off again, thankfully. Though it begs the question, was all that crap necessary to begin with? If I am to really feel the effort to fart, why not every time?
    -no towlie :(. Towlie only appears in a loading screen. There are very few characters that aren't in the game that I felt I would've wanted to see, but towlie...is just too awesome to not be in there somewhere. I like towlie.

As a fan of the show, the whole experience was really enjoyable, I didn't want to turn the game off. The humor, and interestingly wild plot are things you just never see in a video game. South park's writing and humor made it really easy to not care about the game mediocrities. Once it's over though, I just wished there was so much more, the town felt small by the end. noticably flawed, yet supremely enjoyable.

I'm sure it's next to impossible to deliver a game like this that reaches all expectations. Maybe if we're lucky, they'll make a sequel someday.
  13. Mar 7, 2014
    South Park: The Stick of Truth is one of the few adaptations from TV/movie to a game that is true to the heart of the original. Every aspect of this game is true to the heart of the show, so people who are new to the show or the game will not enjoy it as much as those who are long time fans, such as myself. I have also never taken to turn-based games as much as I have RPGs, but I found itSouth Park: The Stick of Truth is one of the few adaptations from TV/movie to a game that is true to the heart of the original. Every aspect of this game is true to the heart of the show, so people who are new to the show or the game will not enjoy it as much as those who are long time fans, such as myself. I have also never taken to turn-based games as much as I have RPGs, but I found it surprisingly addictive and refreshing.

The story was fantastic and funny, and it kept me playing all the way to the end, twice, without any breaks whatsoever (currently 32/50 achievements down). If I could find any fault whatsoever with this game, it is that it feels too short a game (it took me 7 hours for the first playthrough, and 9 hours for the second playthrough). This shortcoming is made up for, however, for its replayability; completed it two times, and I still want to play it again. This game gets a well-deserved 9/10.
  14. Mar 8, 2014
    Just a pure amazing game. There is so few flaws.
    Just a pure amazing game. There is so few flaws.
    I really liked the customisation in this game. There is a wide range of clothing and powers you could put on weapons and armour, which is personally one of the best things in the game. The combat system I really enjoyed. There was so many tactics you could do. Consumables, ranged weapons, abilities...it goes on and on. This game is also very humorous. I'm from Europe, and on a quest, they pulled off censoring very well. An EU flag shows up in the background with a statue facepalming and elevator music playing, and text appears explaining that Europe would not allow this. They did state what happened in the scene. I practically burst out laughing. Anyways, overall this game is just amazing. One thing that did frustrate me was that I got stuck on a few puzzles but that's just because I'm bad at puzzles.
  15. Mar 8, 2014
    First and foremost, I'd just mention that this is an excellent game. Absolutely jam packed with content and things to do as you'd expect most RPG's to give you. There's a refreshing twist and tweeks on the tactical, turn based combat but all the changes work very well indeed. So the game at its core is a very good RPG game. But of course the main factor in this game is the fact that it'sFirst and foremost, I'd just mention that this is an excellent game. Absolutely jam packed with content and things to do as you'd expect most RPG's to give you. There's a refreshing twist and tweeks on the tactical, turn based combat but all the changes work very well indeed. So the game at its core is a very good RPG game. But of course the main factor in this game is the fact that it's like one huge episode of South Park. This game has character depth, story, comedy and charm that no other game could possibly deliver. I've honestly never laughed so hard in my life, pausing the game more than once just to get a grip of myself because I was laughing too much! What more could you possibly ask from an investment of money? Brilliant game, recommend to all. Expand
  16. Mar 4, 2014
    What an exhilarating, funny game! The armor, weapons, and especially the classes are well done, look good, and are funny. I dig South Park, and I assume not everyone does, but if you do, check this game out! It's more RPG-lite than straight WRPG, but it's gameplay is fun, and that's what is most important to me. Great game. And so hilarious! I love it!
  17. Mar 5, 2014
    I love it! This is a great RPG, lot's of loot and power up options, and the fighting is ENTERTAINING! No button mashing or trying to move the camera around during battle. Great turn-based fighting system to go at your own pace! I saw the complaint about the magice system, and all it takes is stop and read the traingin prompt - it's so simple, almost like the scanner mini-game in theI love it! This is a great RPG, lot's of loot and power up options, and the fighting is ENTERTAINING! No button mashing or trying to move the camera around during battle. Great turn-based fighting system to go at your own pace! I saw the complaint about the magice system, and all it takes is stop and read the traingin prompt - it's so simple, almost like the scanner mini-game in the Batman:Arkham Asylum games or lockpicking in Fallout 3. You hold one stick down (wow, hard) and move the other stick until you find the sweet-spot, then push up on the first stick. Simple. The graphics are super clean and clear (being a cartoon and all) and the effects are eye-catching (my electirc billy club is pretty sweet!). Try the game out if you like RPGs and if you barely even like the show. Expand
  18. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is South Park to the core! This could be one of the best games to have come out in a long while. I'm a huge South Park fan, have been since I was a kid and been watching since 97. If you are a sp fan there is a ton of fan service in this game it's unreal! Definitely the funniest game ever made IMO! I laughed the entire 10 hrs I played, highly recommend!!! Expand
  19. Mar 6, 2014
    Anyone that isn't a fan of South Park... this may make you one. This is the funniest game I have ever played. I played for about an hour when i got it, and I was laughing hysterically for about 45 minutes of that time. The game play is very basic, and the graphics are the South Park TV show graphics we all know and love, but so far the story is amazing. The game play is veryAnyone that isn't a fan of South Park... this may make you one. This is the funniest game I have ever played. I played for about an hour when i got it, and I was laughing hysterically for about 45 minutes of that time. The game play is very basic, and the graphics are the South Park TV show graphics we all know and love, but so far the story is amazing. The game play is very Pokemon-esque with the over world navigation, random encounters, and the turn based battling, with a little old school final fantasy in there, because you can have multiple people in your party. There is a lot of over world interaction. The one thing I will say is that it really doesn't seem to matter what class you are, in anything other than abilities, which is something I like, because I don't want to be limited on weapons or Armour just because i didn't choose a certain class. Expand
  20. Mar 5, 2014
    If you've seen my other reviews, you'd know that I'm a 17 year old whom has an undying love for Pokemon. I've always said that the Pokemon games, specifically X & Y, are the greatest RPG games of all time. That was what i said before I played the Stick of Truth however. Trey Parker and Matt Stone do anything they can to piss everyone off by making the best, most **** up game possible whileIf you've seen my other reviews, you'd know that I'm a 17 year old whom has an undying love for Pokemon. I've always said that the Pokemon games, specifically X & Y, are the greatest RPG games of all time. That was what i said before I played the Stick of Truth however. Trey Parker and Matt Stone do anything they can to piss everyone off by making the best, most **** up game possible while referencing their entire careers in little Easter eggs. From earning an achievement by farting on a dead aborted Nazi fetus (cleverly titled "Too Far"), giving an abortion to a man, to un-friending Al Gore. South Park: The Stick of Truth has it all and does it all to perfection. Expand
  21. Mar 5, 2014
    Hands down, the best T.V./ Movie licensed game of all time. This game is like porn for south park fans. If you're a fan of the show.....hell, if you're a fan of laughing your ass off, DO NOT miss this game. Best $60 I've spent in a long time. Between TSOT and Dark Souls 2, this console generation is going out with a bang.
  22. Mar 5, 2014
    Surprisingly the plot is actually very good. It's a slapstick game but they've managed to tie everything together very well. Not to mention, it's pretty much the funniest game I've ever played. Get it.
  23. Mar 6, 2014
    If you are a fan of South Park, and enjoy role playing games, especially those in the spirit of Paper Mario *pressing buttons just before an attack to defend yourself, or attacking to do extra damage* then this is a must buy. If you only live for a multiplayer or couch coop experience, than this game is not for you as neither exist within the game. To myself and many others, this is aIf you are a fan of South Park, and enjoy role playing games, especially those in the spirit of Paper Mario *pressing buttons just before an attack to defend yourself, or attacking to do extra damage* then this is a must buy. If you only live for a multiplayer or couch coop experience, than this game is not for you as neither exist within the game. To myself and many others, this is a boon not a bust. However it will keep some people from picking up the title.

There is a reason almost everyone says the game is just like playing an episode. The animation is spot on for the show, the voices are all there, and unless you live under a rock you know that both Trey Parker and Matt Stone wrote the story & dialogue.

Combat is turn based, easy to pick up but still rewarding to play. The major challenge comes in the form of well placed button presses that can come in multiple forms and involve even the analogue sticks. Making sure you have the best weapon and armor and "Strap-ons and Patches" respectively. *Read socketables/gems/materia* for every situation will satisfy just about every OCD RPG list addict without making the menu system clunky or tedious. The ability to customize your looks in the form of both facial and head hair, accessories and makeup/features are also great, but even better is that all hair, and almost all armor can be dyed via a large pallet of colors. Its a shallow pool at first, but you find more dyes as the game goes on, and they never run out.

There are a a myriad of collectibles and EVERYTHING is really one big ass SP easteregg. There are nods to other games as well, such as being called a dragonborn for farting, and bottle caps that look a lot like Nuka Cola caps.

The entire SP cast in included save for some dead members, but even they get crammed into the game in different ways, I wont spoil it for you. The music in the game is fairly good, from musical numbers that are a staple in any medieval style RPG, to original songs from the show. Even loading a save treats you to the "returning from commercial break" guitar jingle from the show.

The humor is everything you have come to expect from SP, as it should be. However be warned, if you are a sensitive soul and take offence easily, you really should not buy this game. Then again if you are like that, chances are this game is not even on your must play list. It also goes without saying that this is NOT a game for the under 18 crowd. Any parent buying this should understand that, and be ashamed for letting their kid play this.

Its not a perfect game, there are a few bugs and some frame rate issues*review was within 3 days of its release* but nothing that breaks the game, or takes away from the total immersion in the town of South Park that is possible. By far this is the best South Park game ever produced, and is absolutely a stellar game. Around 10-12 hours if you rush, 20+ if you do everything. There will always be some braggart guy that nobody likes spouting off that "Well, I, beat it in *lie about time* it was too easy!" But who cares about that class of jerk?

They have already said that some adventure adding DLC is on the way, and will be coming to the Xbox 360 first. This will serve to add more play time to the game, obviously.

If you LOVE or even just kind of like South Park in any way and having a good laugh / good time at the same time, then buy or rent this masterpiece of satire.

Questions or comments? Message me.
  24. Mar 10, 2014
    I just completed this games and all i have to say is wow. I have never been a huge South Park fan, I always watched here and there, but never been really that into it but this game was amazing even for a casual South Park fan. If you are a really big South Park fan this game will probably be one of the top games you ever played. It is really that good. From start to finish it is just soI just completed this games and all i have to say is wow. I have never been a huge South Park fan, I always watched here and there, but never been really that into it but this game was amazing even for a casual South Park fan. If you are a really big South Park fan this game will probably be one of the top games you ever played. It is really that good. From start to finish it is just so funny, and I finished this game in about 2 days because I just could not put it down. The visuals are awesome because it is an exact replica of the show, and the game runs very smoothly. I found maybe one or two minor bugs in my first play through. The only way someone may not like this game is if they are not a fan of RPGs. This game is an RPG, so it kinda has that 'Pokemon' style combat to it. Im not a huge fan of RPGs, but I made an exception for this game and I am really glad I did. My only complaint about the game is that I wish it really was a little longer because this game can be completed in a day if you really wanted to. Overall, probably the best licensed game ever, this is my favorite game so far this year, and therefore I give it a 9. Expand
  25. Mar 14, 2014
    If you don't like South Park, then why are reading this? You won't enjoy it. Fans of South Park however, will truely, truely love it! They got all the details you hoped for in your wildest dreams and more! You will want to experience everything. See every nook and cranny for sure. This game sill also make you chuckle about a bazillion times during your play time. It's also very difficultIf you don't like South Park, then why are reading this? You won't enjoy it. Fans of South Park however, will truely, truely love it! They got all the details you hoped for in your wildest dreams and more! You will want to experience everything. See every nook and cranny for sure. This game sill also make you chuckle about a bazillion times during your play time. It's also very difficult to stop playing as the story and side quests keep you running around town, looking for other things, and trust me, you will want to explore it all. You can also get a slightly different storyline, so you might want to start a second game once you finish it the first time around. I know for my part, if I stare at my controller, I'll just turn on the console and start playing for hours, simply because you'll want to see what will happen next and where you'll end up. And once that controller is in your hands, I can guarantee you will not put it down for hours on end until the game is complete... then, you might make yourself a coffee to stay awake, and start the game again to try another class, the alternative storyline, etc.

So you are a South Park fan, eh? Then what the hell are you doing reading this to the end. The game is freakin' awesome. GO BUY IT NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  26. Mar 10, 2014
    Perfect for the lapsed South Park fan. I haven't watched regularly for years but knew I had to try out the game when it was announced. Funny, shocking, and fun fights, not much more you can ask from a South Park themed RPG.
  27. Apr 26, 2014
    Love South Park, hate the game. The combat slows the game down to the point where it stops being fun and no amount of fart jokes can fix that. So disappointed because I wanted to love this game so much. The 5 points are for the potential fun I saw in the game but the remaining points were stolen by the fact that the combat became something I dreaded and finally made me abandon the game.Love South Park, hate the game. The combat slows the game down to the point where it stops being fun and no amount of fart jokes can fix that. So disappointed because I wanted to love this game so much. The 5 points are for the potential fun I saw in the game but the remaining points were stolen by the fact that the combat became something I dreaded and finally made me abandon the game. So sad about this. Expand
  28. Mar 14, 2014
    The awesomeness of the game is awesome! He's fun, fun... & fun! He's a little bit to short but... You can restart a new game with an other class after, the fun will be there! Seriously... I'm waiting for a sequel. Please. Do a new South Park soon. I can't wait!
  29. Mar 12, 2014
    An enjoyable experience that isn't only faithful to the show, but is also a great game with good mechanics. One of the funniest games I have ever played too. The town of South Park is open to explore as you meet and befriend characters from the show, level up and gain new abilities, complete side quests, and laugh out loud at some of the most crazy things that happen during the main quest.An enjoyable experience that isn't only faithful to the show, but is also a great game with good mechanics. One of the funniest games I have ever played too. The town of South Park is open to explore as you meet and befriend characters from the show, level up and gain new abilities, complete side quests, and laugh out loud at some of the most crazy things that happen during the main quest. A must buy for fans of the show and even if you are not, its still a fun time. Expand
  30. Mar 20, 2014
    A Modern Medieval Offensive Great Time
    A Modern Medieval Offensive Great Time
    South Park we have all seen it, a small group of 4th graders get caught in some insane offensive plot to some culture and figure out a way to deal with it in a kid way. The stick of truth is no difference to a South Park Episode, you play as the Douchebag or the new kid on the block trying to the humans overcome the elves, and then aliens, nazi zombies, the government, and some fetuses come in to play making the story as farfetched as possible. Every important character in the south park universe makes an appearance including Chef, who hasn’t made an appearance in a couple seasons. The story is just as good as any great episode of South Park, original voice acting, original music, and of course remembering big episodes such as ManBearPig, the adventure of lemmiwinks, and 8-bit Canada. The music is great, full of original music for the game and songs from the show. The most disappointing thing about the game is the gameplay, the turn base rpg system is very nice don’t get me wrong, but to the SBE crew we believed it could have been better as a hack n slash. The game its self is quite easy and completing everything in the game can take you roughly 12 hours.
    I give the game an 8.5/10 praising its comedy, music, story, and original voice actors from the show. The combat system is good, but could have been better being a hack n slash and the game its self is too easy.

1. May 2, 2014
    In a Venn diagram of South Park fans and adventure RPG fans this game exists in the overlap. If you find yourself there too then this game is an absolute no-brainer.
  2. games(TM)
    Apr 9, 2014
    What a tremendous piece of work. [Issue#146, p.100]
  3. Mar 11, 2014
    I had heard that Stephen King's Misery was a love letter written to his fans. South Park: The Stick of Truth is a similar love note from Matt Stone and Trey Parker.