Spartacus Legends Xbox 360

5.3

1. Jun 27, 2013
    Great for fans of the series...if the bugs and server issues get fixed. A patch is vital to this game being more than mediocre. I would have paid the 60 bucks for a smooth and complete Spartacus fighter. Instead, the developers urge players to go to the bank and pay 150 bucks for gold coins for the full game experience. This game as of now is not worth one dollar as it is nearly impossibleGreat for fans of the series...if the bugs and server issues get fixed. A patch is vital to this game being more than mediocre. I would have paid the 60 bucks for a smooth and complete Spartacus fighter. Instead, the developers urge players to go to the bank and pay 150 bucks for gold coins for the full game experience. This game as of now is not worth one dollar as it is nearly impossible to get on the servers. I am a die-hard Spartacus fan and a so-so fighter fan, so this game should be perfect for me. But will it get fixed? If it does and you can look past the pay scheme and the somewhat clunky fighter responses, this Tribute to all things gladiator might be just what the summer ordered. Right now, I think I will play some borderlands 2 or injustice, at least until the servers get fixed. I give the game a 8 based on it getting fixed. No fix, this game gets a 3. Expand
  2. Jun 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Combat can get very deep and only the skilled will be able too handle some of the later fights. Weapons all have there own style of play. As far as it being pay to win i think the online quick match might match you against someone who has dumped 10$ into the game and achieved a better rating by using higher grade armour. I do like that if u attain the weapons lvl req by lvl'n up, u may purchase it for in-game money. The servers as of now) seem to be unstable as i assume thousands of people are testing the stress lvls of servers. All an all a decent frre-to-play game for the 360. I was able to convince some friends to d/l it and i am looking forward too some intense matches. Graphics are nothing too scream about but do good enough to fit right in the spartacus universe. Music seems right from the soundtrack of the show and the voices while cheesy, do stay true too that era "JUPITER'S u could do alot worse than this fighting game. I say since it F2P give it try and see you on the sands! Expand
  3. Jun 26, 2013
    Honestly it's pretty fun! I don't think I'll be spending too much on it. $150 for their top tier is pretty ridiculous..but 5 bucks isn't that bad. Combat is fun, loading times can be long, and online modes are mixed one was good one was laggy. Hopefully some fixes are coming in. Really enjoying the game though but I have hope after they fix some bugs!
  4. Oct 30, 2013
    WHY THE F*** A LOW META SCORE THIS IS A FANTASTIC GAME WITH REALLY EFFICIENT PRICE 0.00 CHANGE THE META SCORE AND USER SCORE NOW THIS IS NOT A SH***Y GAME I KNOW I PLAYED IT BUY IT NOW.
  5. Nov 17, 2014
    Let me start by saying this is a newer post check date.

Ok, as far as I know there is no game that is remotely close to the same concept of gladiator fighting. I keep seeing people say pay to win, but the gold gain is pretty steady and quick to accumulate, granted you can buy gear before you can use it lvl wise. As far as advantage goes I dont see that as an issue considering I win 90%
    Let me start by saying this is a newer post check date.

I keep seeing people say pay to win, but the gold gain is pretty steady and quick to accumulate, granted you can buy gear before you can use it lvl wise. As far as advantage goes I dont see that as an issue considering I win 90% of my online matches and I havent payed a cent on it. The online matches and people using the same combo must have been a thing of the past because as far as I can tell so far I havent seen thst issue with the exception of hammer but thats easily remedied with daggers or unarmed. The graphics arnt half bad, if you have played a sandbox game before it has that feel. As far as the arena size goes its relatively small which I like, big maps would make for long drawn out fights. Skill far outweighs gear and rating, ive been killed by a common fighter while on a legendary toon, timing and practice make perfect.

The voice overs are pretty much the same and the music as well but amidst the fight, I dont pay much attension to that, im not gonna say there is a best class because the individual skill involved but daggers and unarmed definitely have a speed advantage makeing it versatile and dodge worthy.

Overall I give this game a 8/10 only a 8 because the sound/voiceover and the server connect issue I get every once in a while, but if you staying away from this game because of reviews from a person that did 2 fights or or someone claiming the game sucks but cant stop playing then read this one and it should be clear
    Definitely worth a try considering its free to play, thanks for reading and pass it along thanks : )

1. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Aug 16, 2013
    It's a bad game compromised further by awkward monetisation. [Issue#101, p.84]
  2. Jul 30, 2013
    Better exploitation of the license would allow Spartacus Legends of becoming a title unavoidable at least for fans of the TV series.
  3. Games Master UK
    Jul 29, 2013
    Legends has missed the point of the business model entirely, giving unfortunate players a choice of grinding through shallow, unfulfilling and downright ugly combat, or forking out substantial amounts of real money to bypass said mediocrity. [Sept 2013, p.71]