2.6

1. Jun 18, 2016
    Star trek the game is just another rushed movie tie in game that was made for the bucks. It's just a third person shooter with glitches, a weak storyline, and not enough entertainment.
  2. Sep 12, 2015
    Crappy tag along game to tie in with the new films, feels like it was put together in a night and then half the data was corrupted.

And I could also add it does a real number on the source material.
  3. Jun 21, 2014
    Nam-co employes or people who give this piece of crap a 7-10 are scum I respect people that actually genuinely like the game now the score is evened up fairly even though I think the game would've actually have gotten a 4 out of ten despite my review also the namco employees are acting like scum. This is my first review and it may seem suspicious but whatever let the namco employees actNam-co employes or people who give this piece of crap a 7-10 are scum I respect people that actually genuinely like the game now the score is evened up fairly even though I think the game would've actually have gotten a 4 out of ten despite my review also the namco employees are acting like scum. This is my first review and it may seem suspicious but whatever let the namco employees act like brats and call me and everyone who wanted to even out the score anyways basically you heard all the complaints buggy as hell, mediocre graphics, **** coop and launch, etc. I advise you to avoid this horrible game also this is the rating I would've regardless of the child brats, sorry to beat a dead horse. Expand
  4. Jun 8, 2014
    First impressions was not sure how this is gonna turn out because I hate the tv series and not fan of the films.. But I was impressed with this game, loved the story and the objectives you had to do, I thought the graphics were really good also. I think people should give this game a chance, this is also in my collection and is not going anywhere.
  5. Jan 21, 2014
    It gave me a boner. It really did. I popped one when I saw the graphics. I popped one when I saw the story. I popped one when I saw the amazing gameplay.
  6. Dec 9, 2013
    This game is terrible. Boring, not fun, meh graphics, broken coop... It was just BAD. Found it to be unplayable, personally. Worst game this year on xbox- definitely one of the all time worst.
  7. Sep 7, 2013
    This game has been way overly-bashed. I'm on my second play-through. Despite the rough edges from being rushed to market due to publishing and manufacturing deadlines, it's quite playable, and on the XB360 I suffered no freezes or major glitches. It's a real Star Trek type story with good voice acting and soundtrack.The guns are accurate, fun and diverse, and the tricorder is done great.This game has been way overly-bashed. I'm on my second play-through. Despite the rough edges from being rushed to market due to publishing and manufacturing deadlines, it's quite playable, and on the XB360 I suffered no freezes or major glitches. It's a real Star Trek type story with good voice acting and soundtrack.The guns are accurate, fun and diverse, and the tricorder is done great. The worst thing I noticed was probably the abruptly bad cut scene editing, a wonky space battle, and a couple of tricky flying sequences Way worth the $20 you can get it for now, especially if you really like Star Trek. If you don't like Star Trek you probably won't like it. Expand
  8. Sep 6, 2013
    Este juego es una de esas cosas que no deseas equivocarte al comprar jamas es una copia barata de todos los buenos juegos de este tipo que puedes ver un error de juego total
  9. Aug 29, 2013
    I normally don't take the time to blog and write reviews on games but I litterally made an account here JUST FOR THIS GAME!! IM SOO DISSAPOINTED. Honestly did this game even go through testing? I have never played a game with more bugs and glitches than this one. I find myself constantly having to restart the lvl because of getting stuck on a wall or even a game sign necessary to completeI normally don't take the time to blog and write reviews on games but I litterally made an account here JUST FOR THIS GAME!! IM SOO DISSAPOINTED. Honestly did this game even go through testing? I have never played a game with more bugs and glitches than this one. I find myself constantly having to restart the lvl because of getting stuck on a wall or even a game sign necessary to complete the level that glitched and didn't even show up. On top of that the controls on this game are absolutely horrrid. I have NEVER played a game with worse control controls than this one. Walking alone glitches. Dissapointing because the game does have a couple of fun parts if u can have the patients to make it through its slew of glitches.. I blame everything on the game testers. This game was obviously rushed to hit the stores and it shows. I want my money back. Expand
  10. Aug 26, 2013
    The two significant flaws of this game are the awkward control system and bad AI. The rest are cosmetic stuff. The good parts of this game still outweighed the bad: the soundtrack is great, the storyline is interesting and engaging, the voice-acting great, the game-pace is fast and movie-like, and the combat was fun even though it is far from perfect. On occasion I was even impressed byThe two significant flaws of this game are the awkward control system and bad AI. The rest are cosmetic stuff. The good parts of this game still outweighed the bad: the soundtrack is great, the storyline is interesting and engaging, the voice-acting great, the game-pace is fast and movie-like, and the combat was fun even though it is far from perfect. On occasion I was even impressed by the visuals. It is mainly the tricorder and classic Star Trek weaponry that contributed to making the combat fun. The bad AI accidentaly turns this game into a tactical game, you simply need to order your companion around, otherwise he will die easily. As far as bugs and glitches go this game is no worse than most other games, including Skyrim, Assassin's Creed 3 and Dark Souls, which all had far more glitches and bugs than Star Trek yet no one is objective enough to mention that. The remaining cosmetic flaws of Star Trek are quite insignificant, unless all you really care about in games are the visuals. By the way I seriously doubt that 231 people would actually buy this game if it was so bad, so if you are reading this I would take it with a grain of salt. People love jumping on a bandwagon. Take it from someone who has actually completed the game twice: the proper objective rating for this game should be around 5-7 out of 10. If gameplay mechanics don't bother you much and you love the Star Trek universe the rating would probably be even higher. For me the only flaw with the combat is that there's no close-quarter combat function. The rest I was perfectly fine with. All in all I thought the game was fun, would I have paid full-price for it not really, £15-20 is a more reasonable price-range than £30. Expand
  11. Jul 28, 2013
    The only people who have been finding glitches in this game are people that mess about in co-op and do not actually play the game. The voice acting is great, the weapons are great, the sound is great, the game is great! If you are a Star Trek fan and loves Mass Effect also, then you will absolutely LOVE this game!
  12. Jul 12, 2013
    While not being the worst movie licensed game I have ever played this game was a huge fail and letdown From the start this game is filled with tons of glitches and bugs The AI teammate you have that is either Kirk or Spock depending on who your playing is useless and at times refuses to do things. Various times I had to do something in sync with the teammate and the teammate just didn'tWhile not being the worst movie licensed game I have ever played this game was a huge fail and letdown From the start this game is filled with tons of glitches and bugs The AI teammate you have that is either Kirk or Spock depending on who your playing is useless and at times refuses to do things. Various times I had to do something in sync with the teammate and the teammate just didn't do what they had to do or got stuck luckily the last checkpoint option saved this game from getting a 3 in my opinion The graphics are terrible too for this day and age and really are nothing special The story is just plain boring and predictable The Gorn return and they play the stereotypical boring alien race seen dozens of times that wanna destroy the universe and make everyone their slaves. The story is told ok though and doesnt leave you clueless which I suppose counts for something The game play is just as generic and tedious as the next 3rd person shooter which Is where I believe this game went wrong I believe they focused to much on it being a 3rd person shooter then anything else. The soundtrack is incredibly uninspiring and is barely existent even when its heard it just sounds like again every other generic sci fi game soundtrack and nothing like the mass effect and halo soundtracks I and many others have come to love. The stealth mechanics in this game are terrible if you even wanna attempt playing stealth the game gives you commendations for doing it and the thing that made me laugh the most was your ai teammate is somehow invisible to them instead of the game developers making him smart and avoid enemy's they took the pathetic easy route. Plenty of times I would see Spock in my case run out and get seen but the enemy's would just avoid him All this is wrapped up into your boring 8-11 hour campaign depending on play tactic and difficulty with boring easily boss battles and a boss without an actual personality. Avoid this game like the plague. Expand
  13. Jul 6, 2013
    Best movie tie-in game ever. Still a very poor game. Developer's must realise that chucking a movie license on your game isn't an excuse to make a half-assed effort.
  14. Jun 17, 2013
    Originally I saw this game first back at E3 2012. After watching some brief game play I could not wait for the games release the following year. When I finally played it I forgot what I liked about the game so much. Game play is okay, however, glitches become annoying. Game is better played with a friend on co-op but does not make up for other places the game is lacking.
  15. Jun 15, 2013
    That anyone could rate this game above a 5 or describe any part as awesome makes me feel like I was sent a dud disk, a Videodrome alike attempt to crush my mind and drain every feeling of joy out of a franchise I love.

I played Star Trek with a friend in couch-coop, a mode that seemed perfectly suited to the Spock/ Kirk interplay of the new movies. There were certainly a few sequences of dialogue that made me chuckle, but most of the laughs came from the atrocious script and wooden character models.

Perhaps it's because this is a game of a film, but I expect film quality dialogue, film quality cut scenes, and film quality story. This game delivers none of this. Characters will stride across rooms, rotate on the spot and deliver their lines like a group of stage players. Lip syncing fails with alarming regularity (strangely, more regularly on Karl Urban's normally well played McCoy) leaving the crew looking like stuffed mannaquins.

The story deals with the Gorn, they of the Star Trek background. What's odd though is that these Gorn are nothing like those protrayed in Star Trek up 'til now, and have gained a backstory that's entirely at odds with everything written about them so far. The writers would have been better to have created a new race, rather than invent such a contrived origin as they managed here.

Texture quality seems to have been chopped at the last second, and more often than not I was confronted with disturbing levels of banding on skyboxes. We're not quite at holodeck technology, but it'd be nice to have a bit of immersion from the graphics this game reminded me of Playstation 2 shocker Driv3r more often than not.

I mentioned laughing at the game, and it was the recurrence of odd bugs that brought the most entertainment. Ragdoll bodies shooting across the level, Kirk and Spock glitching into each other when opening doors, enemies running into walls (or even just ignoring you), and more often than not entire sequences failing to initialise. Early in the game, a boss collapsed to the floor having failed to initialise a scripted sequence that would allow us to proceed. A swift checkpoint restart was all that could fix this. Nevermind that it's impossible for Player Two to enjoy a coop experience over two sittings, my chum was annoyed to find that all his progress has been reset after we began playing again no achievements for you my friend.

It would be hard to finish without mentioning the ending. Don't worry, there are no spoilers there's nothing to spoil! All you get for completing the game is a daringly short shot of the Enterprise warping away, coupled with a voiceover on the credits. Did the developers plan for something more, but find themselves short of time? Either way, I don't expect to have to suffer because they can't manage their time properly.

I'd be remiss to mention the sound, if only to say how unremarkable it is. Weapons manage to feel like little more than nerf guns, and the soundtrack rapidly begins to grate with its overuse of the films' leitmotifs. Special mention must go to a segments in one of the earlier episodes that my gaming companion and I both realised sounded more like Star Wars than Star Trek. Perhaps the composer had as little interest in the subject matter as the rest of the team.

This is a bad game, and it's galling how much it wastes an excellent subject. The endlessly repeated on-rails segments will haunt me, and the commendation system barely manages to encourage replayability. If you see this for £5 in a bargain bin, it's maybe worth a punt, at full price it's only going to disappoint.
  16. May 29, 2013
    Average graphics, the levels weren't particularly imaginative, and the game play was nothing new. It's average little Star Trek shooter that ought to lend few hours of enjoyment to those who are fans of the new Star Trek series and 3rd person shooters. While it is a fun little shooter the game isn't worth 60 bucks. I'd wait until the game hits 10 dollar range before picking it up.
  17. May 23, 2013
    works fine for me game uses steam servers _-_

yea
  18. May 17, 2013
    Completing the game 4 times in coop with a girlfriend fan of Star Trek have brought me the most wonderful emotions in our relationship, now i'm having a smoke.
  19. May 14, 2013
    Okay so I've played some bad games but this one has just earned it place in my top 10 games
    A star Trek game sounds like a good idea. Right? Wrong! I only wish that when they delayed the release of this game they would've polished it up and fixes the co-op and stuff. This game is a mess! Yeah you can explore the ship and play as our favorite heroes and the voice acting is pretty damn good. But geez! Please can we get a damn co-op game going?! I don't know how it went for others but mine didn't function right but still. Anyway I felt like they just didn't even con sitter fixing this game up. So many glitches and bugs I had to restart my console cause the game crashed! We're in 2013! How do we still have games that CRASH!!!?!?!?!? But when it doesn't mess up its pretty fun and entertaining its a pretty decent third person shooter when the A.I is working. But anyway this game isn't bad it....Okay I guess
    some of the glitches were pretty funny!
    I'm just glad I rented it and didn't pay full price for this game.
  20. May 11, 2013
    Real god game, have played some bad games in my Life, but this is one off the better movie game i ever played Some bugs in the game take down the score, its real god game if you like star trek you going too like this game.
  21. May 9, 2013
    Liking a game is one thing, but this mess isn't in anyway shape or form a 10. Those reviews are fake and most likely planted. Confusing missions, too many mini games and abysmal graphics.
  22. May 7, 2013
    I am a fan of the new Star Trek movies. I am a fan of science fiction. I am a fan of this sort of game.

I am so glad I rented this game. I don't even have words to express how glad I am that I did not buy this game. I am not a tough critic. If a game has some enjoyable elements, I will enjoy the bits that I can. This game has no enjoyable elements. Not a single one. The graphics are mediocre at best. The gameplay is truly horrible. The story is atrocious (as much as I could tolerate before I returned the rental on the same day I rented it). I have never rated a game a zero, because there was no reason to give a game such a bad score if there was some redeeming quality to it.

I rated this game a zero. I hope I am never again confronted with a game so bad that I will return the rental early because I just can't even stand to have it in my house.
  23. May 6, 2013
    This game was garbage. It froze up on me in the first 5 minutes and has deleted my save more times than I can count. The game is broken broken broken broken. Do not support this garbage.
  24. May 6, 2013
    I thought Aliens Colonial Marines was a bad game but when you look at Star Trek... Aliens CM looks like a great game instead of this game.... Bad IA, Bad Graphics, Bad Animation, Coop not working at the release nothing can't be save in that mess... it doesn't deserve to be played by anyone not even the Star Trek Franchise's fan.... but the game made me laugh a lot when I saw Spock dyingI thought Aliens Colonial Marines was a bad game but when you look at Star Trek... Aliens CM looks like a great game instead of this game.... Bad IA, Bad Graphics, Bad Animation, Coop not working at the release nothing can't be save in that mess... it doesn't deserve to be played by anyone not even the Star Trek Franchise's fan.... but the game made me laugh a lot when I saw Spock dying again and again for NO REASON or getting stuck and force you to reload the checkpoint. Nah seriously, save your money for Mass Effect if you didn't play it or even Resident Evil 6 Dead Space 3... because all those games are a lot better than this... damn I can't even call it a "game"... Expand
  25. May 4, 2013
    This is in no way a terrible game don't let bad reviews fool you I'm new to the Star Trek universe but still enjoy this game. So from a gamers standpoint the game is very fun has a cool story and is made by a good company who also developed the darkness 2 and dark sector (two of my favorite games back then) I recommend at least renting it and playing it before judging it as a "crappy movieThis is in no way a terrible game don't let bad reviews fool you I'm new to the Star Trek universe but still enjoy this game. So from a gamers standpoint the game is very fun has a cool story and is made by a good company who also developed the darkness 2 and dark sector (two of my favorite games back then) I recommend at least renting it and playing it before judging it as a "crappy movie licensed title" because that is what I did and I'm glad I gave it a chance. Expand
  26. May 2, 2013
    don't buy this game is riddled with bugs and unplayable problems. this game has small pockets of fun maybe every 2 hours or so but thats it. game s repetitive and boring definitely not worth $60, maybe buy it if price tag is under $5
  27. May 2, 2013
    It's rare that a game should disappoint on so many levels. The graphics are outdated. The AI is, frankly, dumb. The writing and plots are both extremely predictable. On whole, the game is little more than a platform jump/shooter, and a very buggy one, to boot. If you're playing it solo, your "partner" does little more than get in the way.

To be honest, I did not play it for more

To be honest, I did not play it for more than an hour. With everything about it being so bad, I don't need to give it any more of a chance.
  28. May 1, 2013
    I had very high hopes for this game as there hasn't been a decent Star Trek game out in years. I'm old enough to have played Star Trek games from Interplay so I know what I'm talking about.

Star Trek The Video Game isn't good, but it isn't bad either. It needed more polish, it needed a better game mechanic, in short- it needed more time in development. But as "movie-tie-in-games go, it isn't bad.

That being said, what I am angry about is that I paid $60 for it. This is a $30 game at best.

I'll play it through, once as Kirk and once as Spock but then its off to GameStop for trade credit.
  29. May 1, 2013
    After having played through the entire game, i can say i had a lot of fun. Yes, there were bugs galore. But what game comes out bug-free these days. Also, i still maintain a few of my original points It has a decent story and atmosphere (feels like you are living star trek), gameplay is serviceable and could get better with more fine tuning of mechanics. Graphics on my PC were good,After having played through the entire game, i can say i had a lot of fun. Yes, there were bugs galore. But what game comes out bug-free these days. Also, i still maintain a few of my original points It has a decent story and atmosphere (feels like you are living star trek), gameplay is serviceable and could get better with more fine tuning of mechanics. Graphics on my PC were good, nothing mind-blowing, but combined with good music and sound, as well as some of the humor, makes it enjoyable.

I think the general public is overcome with emotions, because a few players like myself, rated it very high before we had finished it. It is understandable. However, remember one thing gamers, a game is only as enjoyable as you make it out to be. In doing all this hate towards the game, think of the fact that if you looked past some of its flaws, at the core, this was a decent attempt at a star trek game, and you could have enjoyed it instead of wasting time spewing all this hatred on the internet......it is your loss, at the end of the day,

Cheers and enjoy your gaming,
    Girland
  30. May 1, 2013
    Hello Fellow metacritics. I just became a member today to comment on this terrible game. I am an avid Star Trek fan. This game takes away from the anticipation of the upcoming movie. It is horrible and very buggy. I paid full price for this garbage and just wish there was a way to receive a full refund. This is what makes the video gaming industry terrible entertainment for that mater. ItHello Fellow metacritics. I just became a member today to comment on this terrible game. I am an avid Star Trek fan. This game takes away from the anticipation of the upcoming movie. It is horrible and very buggy. I paid full price for this garbage and just wish there was a way to receive a full refund. This is what makes the video gaming industry terrible entertainment for that mater. It allows someone to put out a known crappy product and get paid. For now on I will use reviewing sites like this one to review before any purchase at all in the future. I give this game a 1 just because of Gene Roddenberry's creation and brand which obviously Namco leeched onto. Expand

1. Jul 22, 2013
    Throughout its run-time, which seems like an eternity (though likely isn’t), Star Trek is a consistently underwhelming and frequently frustrating experience; it’s mostly ugly, it plays alright and does little of interest with a great license.
  2. Jun 12, 2013
    Star Trek: The Video Game is almost a fun, harmless game about cool characters shooting lizard men, but never rises above what you’d expect a licensed tie-in to be.
  3. May 31, 2013
    A shoddy job - no laurels! Even Captain Kirk and Spock know that. In all respects Star Trek: The Video Game is a very bad game.