5.6

1. May 15, 2014
    Wow. WAY too short. I beat it in 5 hours. It is more streamlined, your powers ramp up way faster, and you are definitely more powerful. But, at most, I'd consider this a DLC instead of a full blown sequel. It's also a terrible plotline. Apparently the Empire can clone Jedi now. Even one clone like that is a dumb idea. Way OP. Worse is that it all just seems hackneyed and trite.
    Original apprentice dies. He is cloned, how original, and spends the whole game chasing his lost love (or his memories of her really). Even in such a short game the race is overdone, and tired.

Plus, Vader comes off like a puss again, which was a big failing point in the original game. Vader is the badass for a reason (Hayden Christensen not withstanding).
    The clone should've never been more powerful than him, or at least never able to definitely beat him. It takes away from his mystique from the originals with this nonsense.

Also the camera is movement is worse in this one too. Lots more bad angles, and no way to really getting a solid camera angle to stay for long. It's like being forced to wear horse blinders while playing, and they keep slipping infront of one eye, or the other, obscuring the view.
    No surprise there isn't a 3rd game.

Great graphics. Fun, if OP powers and fighting skills. The wiki entry stated they ware going for the Super Jedi feel, and it comes through.
    These are the only bright points in this game.
    The original was a solid game, but even on sale this isn't worth the $.
  2. Apr 24, 2014
    I was expecting so much more from this game. The story is weak, the gameplay seemed simplified for no reason and it was way too short for a £40 game. It felt more like an add on to a franchise that, I felt, could have built some real momentum but the chance was wasted.
  3. Mar 3, 2014
    This games predecessor was an unexpectedly enjoyable experience. Yes it was forced storyline that felt shoe-horned in to the Star Wars canon but the interesting characters and rock solid gameplay were enough for you accept the plot discrepancies. However this time around it just doesn't work.
    If the story was far fetched before, now it's just downright ludicrous. At the end of the
    previous game the protagonist (Starkiller) is Vaders secret apprentice who turns against him and moral grounds. So Vader clones him with the same memories and moral fiber and he suprisingly turns on Vader again. Not a solid plan.
    Oh and Starkiller himself is now void of ay personality. In the previous game he was caught in a moral dilemma between good and evil and we really got a sense that he was struggling with his internal conflict. Now he has one thing on his mind: finding Juno. You guys remember Juno right? The pilot from the first game that he had a collective 8 minutes of interaction with? Well she snogged him once and now he's stomach turningly love sick and as a result couldn't give a **** about anything else including the rebellion that he started.
    Gameplay wise it's exactly the same as the first game. Yes he has two lightsabers now but this is a purely aesthetic difference that has no impact on how you control the character. There's also no where near as much variation in the enemies as there was last time. You keep running into the same enemies over and over just a different colour.
    Also the ending makes **** all sense. Like, jack **** The worst part of that is that they leave it open for a sequel.
    If you've played the first game then pretend this doesn't exist. If you haven't played the first game, play it and then pretend this doesn't exist.
  4. Aug 21, 2013
    What a horrible sequel. The whole premise of the game is that you were created as a dark side bad guy but you play the entire game as a good guy. Can writers not bear to actually write a game where you can be a dark side person and kill rebels? The story premise is ok but, while you get 2 possible endings, one isn't canon and the other is just plain stupid.

Moving on to gameplay it
    is worse then the original. Here's a typical level: fight some stormtroopers, encounter a mini-boss, fight some more troopers, another mini-boss, rinse and repeat. This game loves QTEs. Every mini-boss follows the same pattern: QTE to enable you to damage the enemy, spend 10 seconds using force powers until your bar is drained, run away until you regenerate (10 seconds), rinse and repeat for about 1-2 mins, QTE to finish off enemy. The big bosses are even worse. They consist of the following: dodge and use force powers on enemy for a couple of minutes, QTE to do something to the boss, rinse and repeat 3 times, sit through a cutscene, start entire process over again. The main bosses take 10-20 minutes to complete and are nothing but QTE events. These game designers need to have their privileges removed. Nobody likes QTEs because they pull you out of the action and into screen watching. How boring can you get.

Yet another thing that is really bad about this game are your powers. By the end of the first playthrough you'll be able to wipe out a squad of troopers with no problem but higher enemies (like AT-STs) will take a little more work. Yet there are several points in the game that (through QTEs of course) you move large objects like TIE fighters, star destroyers and asteroids. If you have that much power then how could any enemy possibly be a challenge? Oh I know, the writers envisioned an epic character but the game levels just didn't support it. I'm actually kind of glad this series is done (for now). It probably would have kept going down hill otherwise.
  5. May 30, 2013
    The gameplay was good, the force powers were all awesome and I enjoyed the story, but I have one complaint. Just one. It only took me AN HOUR AND A HALF TO BEAT THIS GAME! WTF? This game should've been great, but it isn't. It's worthless. It may seem harsh to ripping this game apart because it's short, but that's no excuse for it's short gameplay. This game would be better if this was NES where short games were the norm, but this is current generation. There's no excuse for the game to be this short. Even if it was only 3-4hours it would be better than the hour and a half that you get. Not to mention the boss fights were horrible. Expand
  6. Apr 24, 2013
    I hate this game. I waited so long for it. Anticipating the sequel for the excellent TFU 1. Only to get hit with a depressing 4 hour campaign with no strategy practically button mashing. Oh, sorry, you don't even have to button mash you can just hit one button and breeze through every mission. They screwed up the story even going against the lore. Oh excuse me there is no story you just go mission by mission and encounter POINTLESS cutscenes that don't exaplain the story in any manner. You will be in tears of laughter when you ecounter the custscene where Galen just sits back in his chair and RANDOMLY just says.... "Dagoba..." so he teleports to Dagoba and you encounter a mission that IS LITERALLY 10 SECONDS LONG WHERE YOU WALK DOWN A SET PATH ECOUNTER NO RESiSTANCE AND NO PLATFORMING AND ARE INTRODUCED TO YODA IN A 2 MINUTE CUTSCENE THAT EXPLAINS NOTHING! NOTHING! Do NOT support this game. I spent 70 dollars on it and I wish I could get a refund because it sucks so bad. Everything about it dissopoints you every level without fail. Expand
  7. Mar 13, 2012
    I had very high expectations for this game, but they were Force-pushed out the window once I started playing it. The graphics are good, the combat is the same but the positives end there. The story is so stupid, and is obviously the only thing they had for a sequel. It is very short, and is overall, very disappointing.
  8. Feb 2, 2012
    Biggest disappointment ever. I LOVED the first game because I believe it connected the prequel movies with the original movies very well (Light Side Ending). It was very satisfying. This game however was an unnecessary sequel to the first game and a HUGE waste of money. Six hour game? Really? For SIXTY DOLLARS?! I still can't believe I bought this game....
  9. Dec 2, 2011
    biggest disapointment of my life! the degobah level might as well be just a cutscene and youa says two lines in his one appearence. the game is too short and the final boss fight might as well be a cutscene as well, because its too easy. the challenges are terrible and they have too high standards for a gold or platinum medal. at most worth three dollars american.
  10. May 25, 2011
    Why did they have to make this game? As if I wasn't already disgraced for being a star wars fan, they make this? The only good thing about this game is the gameplay. Other than that, the game is terrible.
  11. Apr 14, 2011
    ok, i write this review having turned off the game at the first boss fight. the gorog. i know lucas is stuck in the 80's but id prefer if my game mechanics werent. it basically consists of one of those boss fights where the boss doess the same 3 moves in a cycle, u memorize it to the point where its muscle memory, and maybe u beat it. not only is it horribly frustrating, but its like the 60$ commitment is built into the game mechanics, because seriously, only someone really committed to this crap game, like $60 committed, would bother. me? i rented it for about 3 bucks, so this POS goes right back in the mail box. are jedis badass? yeah. but its literally a god of war clone, with sub par graphics, amazing fight choreography (im a huge star wars fight choreography fan, its like the 1 thing he does that isnt teh ghey) and obsolete boss mechanics. this isnt even a rent guys. borrow it from ur friend (or get it free some other way), play it about 1.5 hrs, and then throw it in the microwave. or better yet, skip. Expand
  12. Jan 7, 2011
    The design is awful, the combat system is a bit polished from the first game but the gameplay is repetitive, the story's abysmal (only five hours as well!) and it doesn't offer anything worthwhile. Keep playing the first game and stay the heck away from this one!!!
  13. Jan 2, 2011
    (for wii version) Totally ruined franchise! I thought the first game was a lot of fun, but this game is TERRIBLE! First off, the graphics were terrible. Low quality, mediocre graphics. Second of all, they changed the controls and I kept forgetting you couldn't shake the remote to attack (as well as other powers). Third, the list of force powers was drastically shortened from the first game. Instead of around fifty force powers, you get ten! Fourth, this game is way too EASY! I beat it in TWO HOURS! REALLY! Poor visual quality gets it like, a 5. controls makes it a 4. shortened list gives it a 1. and easiness gives it a -17! Expand
  14. Dec 31, 2010
    This game is a huge disappointment. Despite the shortcomings of the original Force Unleashed, it offered a compelling story and Jedi gameplay that has been seriously lacking since the days of Jedi Knight: Outcast and Academy games for PC.

Force Unleashed 2 fails to build on the solid foundation created by its predecessor and sets a new low in product quality for LucasArts. The game is not
    polished and feels rushed -- there are bugs galore and, in the case of the PC version, some are game-breaking where you need to restart entire levels to bypass a glitch. The gameplay, while improved, becomes boring after the first level because there are no dynamics. It's a slightly improved hack-and-slash like the first one -- but unlike the first one, nothing is new. The story is weak and transparent. You don't feel engaged or immersed like you did in the first. I found it incredibly easy to hate the protagonist (Starkiller): his dialogue and actions are much like a whiny Hayden Christensen in Episode 2 and 3 and the supporting cast does nothing to balance the overwhelming "emo" theme of this game. The story attempts to portray a classic archetype of a "troubled knight" rescuing a "damsel in distress" (Juno) but it fails miserably. The attack combos are stripped down, perhaps for simplicity (in contrast to the original Force Unleashed) but this depth isn't replaced by anything new. While the physics and combat were refined, it still boils down to spamming Force Lightning or push while you slash and slash and slash away. There are few, if any, puzzles to the game levels and the levels have an overwhelmingly linear feeling. There aren't alternate paths or dynamics left for the player to explore and "hidden areas" are far from hidden and even less rewarding than you would expect for risking more combat to get to them. The combat itself becomes boring after you've faced each foe at least once or twice. The same strategy works every time. The "God of War-style" finisher combos, something which brought awe to the player in the first game, are recycled and are repetitive. If you fail to execute a combo, you just have to keep trying it and memorize the sequence and it's a piece of cake. It would've been much more challenging (and fun) if the button sequences to finish a foe changed if you failed. The finisher cut-scenes are all the same, never any new "kill animations" for the same foe or unique executions. There are a few bright spots. There's an epic boss fight that actually felt fun (despite few consequences for making mistakes) that lasts about 10-15 minutes which requires you to make use of almost all of your abilities. It's well executed and your imagination runs wild throughout. Sadly, it's about the only fun boss fight in the game (and that includes the lackluster endgame showdown). Die hard Star Wars fans will find enjoyment in this game, but it will come with great disappointment, frustration, and sadness of "what could have been" instead of "what is". The game is certainly not worth the money to buy it though -- rent it, or "obtain it" through other outlets. Collapse
  15. Dec 7, 2010
    I bought this game for 60 dollars mainly just because I had the money to spend. I also should say that my standards for video games are really really low. All I'm looking for is to have fun with a decent story. Needles to say I returned this game a week after I bought it. Why? because it sucks. The first one was fun for a while. I have no idea why honestly but I had fun with it. But 2 is seriously exactly the same game. No joke they added one new ability and you'll never use it except for an achievement. Dual lightsabers are only there because they are pretty. The story is just basically there but it doesn't make a lot of sense. Why does Vader clone Starkiller? Seriously what is the purpose of this? Why can't he just get a new apprentice? or not have one at all for that matter? He is Darth Vader... I mean I'm pretty sure he can make it on his own. Expand
  16. Nov 30, 2010
    The worst "big name title" EVER released. The graphics on the 360, look like the Nintendo 64. How did someone approve this game and say "this game is ready to be sold". Are they smoking crack? What a shame...
  17. Nov 10, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 is one of the worst games I have ever played in my life. This game is so bad, that it just simply can't be described, you have to play it (after the first game) to experience this rubbish. I played the PC version, so I can only write about that. The graphics look great, sometimes it's absolutely breathtaking.......I'm just thinking about other pro-s of the game, but I can't find....

The story is a catastrophe. It's simply non-existent, the whole 4-5 hours playtime is based on about.... 5 sentences of story... Shame. The gameplay is a repetitve, boring struggle, with so lame bossfights that are boring and repetitive like the game itself. The final battle against Darth Vader is annoying, and for some absolutely unknown reason the game started to lag like hell during the whole bossfight no matter where I set the graphics, it lagged the same. And the game copies God of War. It copies GoW 3 with the final scene of The Gorog boss (the whole scene is totally the same), It copies GoW 1 with the massacre of the Starkiller clones during the Darth Vader-fight at the end... Force Rage or what the **** was that is a copy of Rage of the Gods/Titans/Sparta... with the exception that Force Rage is worthless, I never used it through the whole game, actually I forgot that it exist.

Sorry for the short review, but I just finished the game and I'm very nervous about this whole pile of **** I don't want to talk about this game anymore. It's very bad...
  18. Zyy
    Oct 30, 2010
    Okay, in short: I would be entertained for a longer period taking a **** than playing this game, and that would be free of charge!
  19. Oct 29, 2010
    A very pretty game that can be beaten in a single sitting. The story starts off intriguing, but as you approach the 3 hour mark and realize you're near the end of the game already you realize how silly the whole ride has been. It feels like a graphic update to the first game with a DLC mission pack. Definitely not worth a purchase on its own.
  20. Oct 29, 2010
    While they fixed most of the issues with the old game, there is nothing creative about this chapter. I am still struggling with whoever came up with the idea that making stormtroopers act like ragdolls and thinking this makes for a fun game or does anything for the universe.
  21. Oct 26, 2010
    This is an awful, disgraceful game. While the graphics are great and the control of the action is refined compared to its predecessor, the story is merely passable, and the game itself quickly devolves into repetition before ending abruptly. It's defeat enemy X with strategy Y, and after watching the same QTE a dozen times in a row, the experience starts to hollow.

In fact, there was a
    sense of disconnect from the Star Wars universe throughout the game. The enemies are a good example. Robots abound, with designs that seem lazy (i.e. they look stupid) and lack in number and variety, and attacks that often feel cheap. The sense of wonder from exploring different planets in the first game is replaced by a feeling of constriction from the limited set of environments in this one. Hint to developers: big metal rooms connected by big metal hallways are NOT interesting.

Meanwhile, the inclusion of major characters in cutscenes that never make an appearance in the gameplay, combined with the brevity of the game itself with its seemingly amputated plot, leads to suspicion that a DLC is forthcoming, to awkwardly fill in the gap while cynically milking gamers for more money. Beyond that, bugs were encountered during the final fight that either prevented the game from progressing or managed to kill the player. Such sloppy testing for such a short game is unacceptable.

The first game had its faults, but it's a masterpiece compared to this sorry excuse for a sequel, which barely merits a rental.
  22. Oct 26, 2010
    This game is a complete disaster. The force powers were diminished, lacking the visual appealing of the last game.
    One of the cool things about the previous game was that you could slowly learn the combos, and get a feeling that your skills were truly progressing. This time, you start the game with all the combos, but there is no combo list available ! You have to check a partial list in
    one of the challenges !
    The double saber upgrades are a shame. You are stuck with the saber color, depending on the upgrade you choose, which is a bad thing if you are into customization.
    This game is also very buggy. If you try to grab an opponent in the ledge of a platform, you end up falling when the animation ends !
    The storyline is simply lame an uninteresting. Both endings can be assumed as canonical. I guess the producers think there will be no one interested in DLC´s this time ...
  23. Dec 31, 2010

1. Jan 28, 2011
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II is just terrible.
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    Star Wars the Force Unleashed II makes up for most of its predecessor flaws, and delivers some terrific action sequences. It's a shame though that the story is simply non existent and the whole adventure lasts some 5 hours. It really seems like the developers can't make this saga right, leaves us waiting for a new hope.
  3. Jan 15, 2011
    There were high expectations for this game, however it is inferior to the first one, shorter, more monotonous, not replayable and with a really forgetable story.