5.6

1. Oct 26, 2010
    This is an awful, disgraceful game. While the graphics are great and the control of the action is refined compared to its predecessor, the story is merely passable, and the game itself quickly devolves into repetition before ending abruptly. It's defeat enemy X with strategy Y, and after watching the same QTE a dozen times in a row, the experience starts to hollow.

In fact, there was a

In fact, there was a sense of disconnect from the Star Wars universe throughout the game. The enemies are a good example. Robots abound, with designs that seem lazy (i.e. they look stupid) and lack in number and variety, and attacks that often feel cheap. The sense of wonder from exploring different planets in the first game is replaced by a feeling of constriction from the limited set of environments in this one. Hint to developers: big metal rooms connected by big metal hallways are NOT interesting.

Meanwhile, the inclusion of major characters in cutscenes that never make an appearance in the gameplay, combined with the brevity of the game itself with its seemingly amputated plot, leads to suspicion that a DLC is forthcoming, to awkwardly fill in the gap while cynically milking gamers for more money. Beyond that, bugs were encountered during the final fight that either prevented the game from progressing or managed to kill the player. Such sloppy testing for such a short game is unacceptable.

The first game had its faults, but it's a masterpiece compared to this sorry excuse for a sequel, which barely merits a rental.
  2. Oct 26, 2010
    This is a simple review for anyone interested in buying this game. The first game was an amazing story and fun, but sometimes glitchy gameplay. This game does a little bit of a flip. The story is a little weaker this time around, but the gameplay is much improved. It's simply a much more fun game to play, despite the weaker story. Other improvements include MUCH faster loading timesThis is a simple review for anyone interested in buying this game. The first game was an amazing story and fun, but sometimes glitchy gameplay. This game does a little bit of a flip. The story is a little weaker this time around, but the gameplay is much improved. It's simply a much more fun game to play, despite the weaker story. Other improvements include MUCH faster loading times and MUCH cleaner graphics. Seriously, if you play The Force Unleashed 1 right before #2 you will see that the improvement are actually rather impressive. The world is a crazy place when games like this and Enslaved get average reviews, and broken games like Fallout New Vegas get stellar reviews. If you like Star Wars this is a must buy. If you like good action games with an above average story, definitely give it a shot. Expand
  3. Oct 26, 2010
    This game is a complete disaster. The force powers were diminished, lacking the visual appealing of the last game.
    One of the cool things about the previous game was that you could slowly learn the combos, and get a feeling that your skills were truly progressing. This time, you start the game with all the combos, but there is no combo list available ! You have to check a partial list in one of the challenges !
    The double saber upgrades are a shame. You are stuck with the saber color, depending on the upgrade you choose, which is a bad thing if you are into customization.
    This game is also very buggy. If you try to grab an opponent in the ledge of a platform, you end up falling when the animation ends !
    The storyline is simply lame an uninteresting. Both endings can be assumed as canonical. I guess the producers think there will be no one interested in DLC´s this time ...
  4. Oct 27, 2010
    Let me start by saying this was one of the games this year I have looked forward to. I picked this up along with fable last night at a midnight launch. SWTFU2 is my biggest dissapointment so far this year. Rare is it that a sequel turns out this uninspired and sloppy. The graphics look nice enough, with smooth animations and great physics, but that is where my praise ends. At first theLet me start by saying this was one of the games this year I have looked forward to. I picked this up along with fable last night at a midnight launch. SWTFU2 is my biggest dissapointment so far this year. Rare is it that a sequel turns out this uninspired and sloppy. The graphics look nice enough, with smooth animations and great physics, but that is where my praise ends. At first the powers and sabers are fun to mess around with, but after about an hour the repetition and tedium starts to sink in. Recycled enemies charge you again and again, and epic set pieces are almost not existent. It's almost laughable that Lucas arts couldn't come up with some better improvements, as Jedi mind trick and the cosmetic only dual sabers are about the extent of gameplay changes. Saber combat carries no impact whatsoever and starts to feel like a chore more than tools of destruction. The powers are neat at first, but quickly join the rest of the game in the gimmick category. It would have been nice to see some combo progression other than hit x, hit x and then b, hit x and then y, or the ole smash x until combo is complete. I really wanted to like this game but sadly will be moving on to Fable 3 and notching TFU2 up in 65 dollars wasted category. Featuring repetetive combat, dull force powers, recycled enemies, lackluster environments, and a complete lack of innovation or inspiration pave the way for what is one of 2010's biggest failures. Now on to Fable 3 to rinse this wretched taste from my mouth. Expand
  5. Oct 26, 2010
    i dont know why critics are slamming this game?? the PC version is perfect! it fixed all the problems with the first one, shy of actual saber dueling ala jedi knight outcast fame (GRR)
    but seriously... its an amazing game. beautiful, fun, challenging (who the hell plays this game on normal? you're already a god, play hard)
    i think the critics just got one thing right: it is a little too
    i think the critics just got one thing right: it is a little too short. but not enough to knock the rating down to a 6.5/10 !!? something i LOATHE in the game they didn't even mention: Quick Time Events. or QTE.
    its lazy game design. its not a bug or a glitch and alot of games do it. but there's better ways to execute finishing moves than rubbing my thumb raw because the devs couldn't come up with something creative. this is a design decision that most consolers just accept these days, however, so i wont count this in my scoring.
    the shorter length, lack of combo list /incentives brings this thing down from a 10 to a 8.5 or 9.
    and i whole heartedly mean that. i signed up to meta critic just to write this thing. bottom line: just go play it yourself. its an amazingly fun game to play on the PC.
  6. Oct 26, 2010
    Some good stormtrooper bashing action! Sure, it's not the longest game, but there's plenty of fun to be had. The story is somewhat engaging-- maybe not quite as epic as the first, but I'd say the improved controls, fast menu screens, and pretty pretty graphics TOTALLY make it worth while for anyone who wanted something more/better from the first TFU. It's definitely far above theSome good stormtrooper bashing action! Sure, it's not the longest game, but there's plenty of fun to be had. The story is somewhat engaging-- maybe not quite as epic as the first, but I'd say the improved controls, fast menu screens, and pretty pretty graphics TOTALLY make it worth while for anyone who wanted something more/better from the first TFU. It's definitely far above the typical "license" game. The challenges give me a bit of a reason to come back, too-- these haven't been mentioned a whole lot, and I think they're pretty fun so far. Expand
  7. Oct 26, 2010
    I loved the first game. With the second one, I feel the story is even better! Game play is amazing and fun. Lopping off storm troopers heads Woo Hoo!

Most critics are retarded, Everybody knows that ;-) FU2 ( Fantastic short form for this game) is a really awesome. I'm very happy with this game!
  8. Mar 13, 2012
    I had very high expectations for this game, but they were Force-pushed out the window once I started playing it. The graphics are good, the combat is the same but the positives end there. The story is so stupid, and is obviously the only thing they had for a sequel. It is very short, and is overall, very disappointing.
  9. Oct 26, 2010
    Gameplay and graphics are much improved over the first one. I can't understand all the negative reviews, as I am finding that this game surpasses the original in almost every way. Maybe the story isn't as good, but the actual gameplay is much better.
  10. Oct 28, 2010
    DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS!!!!!
    DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS!!!!!
    This game is excellent. Are you people on drugs??? I mean really? The graphics are simply put the best I've ever seen on the 360. The story, while not as epic as the 1st, is really good and VERY well acted. The character animations are really unbelievably good. This game will raise the bar for how games look. The shadowing, and colors etc are something amazing. The gameplay is better, the force powers are easier to control, and yet they still look every bit as good as the first. It is a difficult game and on the 'normal' setting I find it to be as challenging, if not a little bit more than the original. The force powers are greater, but so too is the ferocity and number of your opponents. For anyone interested in a great action game with a good story , great graphics, and very fun and addictive game play, check this game out, it is well worth it. For Star Wars fans, this is an absolute must, really, really a must!!!!
  11. Oct 30, 2010
    Having just completed the game, and having been exceptionally worried about my purchase after reading so many reviews, I must say that people simply want to dislike this game. Is it a GOTY candidate? No. Is it fun to play? Yes. Is the story as good as the first game? No. Is it bad? Not by any means. The story takes into mind that you are hopefully capable of filling in a couple of gapsHaving just completed the game, and having been exceptionally worried about my purchase after reading so many reviews, I must say that people simply want to dislike this game. Is it a GOTY candidate? No. Is it fun to play? Yes. Is the story as good as the first game? No. Is it bad? Not by any means. The story takes into mind that you are hopefully capable of filling in a couple of gaps with some reasoning.

The combat is fun, the campaign is shorter than I'd like. Lasted me 6hrs 30 mins on normal. I'm not entirely adverse to short games but I would have liked 8-10 hours. There were some minor glitches, nothing game breaking.

There were some amazing moments, and the boss fights are much improved over the original game.

I enjoyed this game. I enjoyed it enough that I'm happy to go back to it and finish it on unleashed difficulty.

Full Disclosure: I'm a major Star Wars fan. I've read a few Star Wars novels. And the biggest bit of info, is that I'm one of those few who actually enjoyed SWTFU 1.
  12. May 25, 2011
    Why did they have to make this game? As if I wasn't already disgraced for being a star wars fan, they make this? The only good thing about this game is the gameplay. Other than that, the game is terrible.
  13. Feb 2, 2012
    Biggest disappointment ever. I LOVED the first game because I believe it connected the prequel movies with the original movies very well (Light Side Ending). It was very satisfying. This game however was an unnecessary sequel to the first game and a HUGE waste of money. Six hour game? Really? For SIXTY DOLLARS?! I still can't believe I bought this game....
  14. Nov 3, 2010
    This game delivered much lower than my expecations. i knew it would be hard to make up a new stoery and new main character sinve the original starkiller died. but i didn't think they would do this bad! this game has failed in many ways.
  15. Oct 27, 2010
    I am the biggest Star Wars fan ever and I was really looking forward to this game. I'm here to warn everyone to stay clear of it. It's not the gameplay or fun factor or anything like that, it's the length, I finished the game in 3 hours! I thought I was maybe half way through and the f'ing credits roll. I swear to God this is the shortest and most disappointing game I've ever played. DoI am the biggest Star Wars fan ever and I was really looking forward to this game. I'm here to warn everyone to stay clear of it. It's not the gameplay or fun factor or anything like that, it's the length, I finished the game in 3 hours! I thought I was maybe half way through and the f'ing credits roll. I swear to God this is the shortest and most disappointing game I've ever played. Do yourself a favor and rent it, u can get both endings in like 6 hours, and never play it a game. For those who bought it, make sure you don't purchase any DLC. What a bunch of crooks, I want my money back! Expand
  16. Oct 26, 2010
    Wow, what a rip off. This game was so bad this is my first time writeing a review. Game was way to short, I beat it on hard in less then 4 hours. The level design was very boring, you were either on camino or inside a ship, only one level had you on a diffrent planet and it looked like a ship. They also dumbed down the force powers, and if I had to hear general Kota say get over here BOYWow, what a rip off. This game was so bad this is my first time writeing a review. Game was way to short, I beat it on hard in less then 4 hours. The level design was very boring, you were either on camino or inside a ship, only one level had you on a diffrent planet and it looked like a ship. They also dumbed down the force powers, and if I had to hear general Kota say get over here BOY one more time I would have thrown the disc away. This should have been a DLC not a full game. If you must play it, rent don't buy. You have been warned. Collapse
  17. Oct 27, 2010
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 is immediately engaging. It's strikingly beautiful, with fantastic vistas and superb character animations. Sadly though, its pretty face can only carry it so far when the rest of the game is comparatively weak. Repetitious combat and level designs, a shoe-horned in story, and a lack of depth to the experience overall keep this from being anything more thanStar Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 is immediately engaging. It's strikingly beautiful, with fantastic vistas and superb character animations. Sadly though, its pretty face can only carry it so far when the rest of the game is comparatively weak. Repetitious combat and level designs, a shoe-horned in story, and a lack of depth to the experience overall keep this from being anything more than an adventure for the most hardcore of fans. Expand
  18. Nov 14, 2011
    Okay, Overall i was disappointed. Here are some pros and cons:

Pros: Still great graphics, nice assortment of force powers, fun action scenes
    Cons: Very short storyline (only took a few hours), almost no replay value and simply did not meet expectations based on the success of the first SW TFU
  19. Jan 1, 2012
    Fun at first. Crisp graphics and plenty of enemies to face. However, once all of the new mechanics are introduced game play really becomes just a series of button mashing and quick time events. To add to the repetitiveness, many enemies and animations are continually recycled making combat quickly become mundane. All in all, it's still a fun, mindless game that is pretty well polished.Fun at first. Crisp graphics and plenty of enemies to face. However, once all of the new mechanics are introduced game play really becomes just a series of button mashing and quick time events. To add to the repetitiveness, many enemies and animations are continually recycled making combat quickly become mundane. All in all, it's still a fun, mindless game that is pretty well polished. I'd only recommend this title only if you can pick it up cheap. Expand
  20. Nov 7, 2010
    The game is fun, very fun, but short. Last boss battle is boring as hell, totally different from boss battles from the first one (I liked them). The game feels like it was cut down, feels like there is some content missing, and will probably be DLC in the future. The graphics, sound and ambientation and cg videos are excellent.
    The story is poor (the first FU is excellent).
    I hope there is
    The story is poor (the first FU is excellent).
    I hope there is a Sith Edition...
  21. Jan 2, 2011
    (for wii version) Totally ruined franchise! I thought the first game was a lot of fun, but this game is TERRIBLE! First off, the graphics were terrible. Low quality, mediocre graphics. Second of all, they changed the controls and I kept forgetting you couldn't shake the remote to attack (as well as other powers). Third, the list of force powers was drastically shortened from the first(for wii version) Totally ruined franchise! I thought the first game was a lot of fun, but this game is TERRIBLE! First off, the graphics were terrible. Low quality, mediocre graphics. Second of all, they changed the controls and I kept forgetting you couldn't shake the remote to attack (as well as other powers). Third, the list of force powers was drastically shortened from the first game. Instead of around fifty force powers, you get ten! Fourth, this game is way too EASY! I beat it in TWO HOURS! REALLY! Poor visual quality gets it like, a 5. controls makes it a 4. shortened list gives it a 1. and easiness gives it a -17! Expand
  22. Oct 29, 2010
    A very pretty game that can be beaten in a single sitting. The story starts off intriguing, but as you approach the 3 hour mark and realize you're near the end of the game already you realize how silly the whole ride has been. It feels like a graphic update to the first game with a DLC mission pack. Definitely not worth a purchase on its own.
  23. Nov 10, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 is one of the worst games I have ever played in my life. This game is so bad, that it just simply can't be described, you have to play it (after the first game) to experience this rubbish. I played the PC version, so I can only write about that. The graphics look great, sometimes it's absolutely breathtaking.......I'm just thinking about other pro-s of the game, but I can't find....

The story is a catastrophe. It's simply non-existent, the whole 4-5 hours playtime is based on about.... 5 sentences of story... Shame. The gameplay is a repetitve, boring struggle, with so lame bossfights that are boring and repetitive like the game itself. The final battle against Darth Vader is annoying, and for some absolutely unknown reason the game started to lag like hell during the whole bossfight no matter where I set the graphics, it lagged the same. And the game copies God of War. It copies GoW 3 with the final scene of The Gorog boss (the whole scene is totally the same), It copies GoW 1 with the massacre of the Starkiller clones during the Darth Vader-fight at the end... Force Rage or what the **** was that is a copy of Rage of the Gods/Titans/Sparta... with the exception that Force Rage is worthless, I never used it through the whole game, actually I forgot that it exist.

Sorry for the short review, but I just finished the game and I'm very nervous about this whole pile of **** I don't want to talk about this game anymore. It's very bad...
  24. Nov 30, 2010
    The worst "big name title" EVER released. The graphics on the 360, look like the Nintendo 64. How did someone approve this game and say "this game is ready to be sold". Are they smoking crack? What a shame...
  25. Dec 7, 2010
    I bought this game for 60 dollars mainly just because I had the money to spend. I also should say that my standards for video games are really really low. All I'm looking for is to have fun with a decent story. Needles to say I returned this game a week after I bought it. Why? because it sucks. The first one was fun for a while. I have no idea why honestly but I had fun with it. But 2 isI bought this game for 60 dollars mainly just because I had the money to spend. I also should say that my standards for video games are really really low. All I'm looking for is to have fun with a decent story. Needles to say I returned this game a week after I bought it. Why? because it sucks. The first one was fun for a while. I have no idea why honestly but I had fun with it. But 2 is seriously exactly the same game. No joke they added one new ability and you'll never use it except for an achievement. Dual lightsabers are only there because they are pretty. The story is just basically there but it doesn't make a lot of sense. Why does Vader clone Starkiller? Seriously what is the purpose of this? Why can't he just get a new apprentice? or not have one at all for that matter? He is Darth Vader... I mean I'm pretty sure he can make it on his own. Expand
  26. Oct 31, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was anticipating this game for the better part of a year...I am mildly disappointed...the gameplay is great but breaks no new ground outside of force mind trick...the double lightsabers are a gimick. The most disappointing part of this game is the story... #1 was riveting...this was is very forgettable...you capture Darth Vader and bring him to justice...PLEASE!!! Expand
  27. Oct 26, 2010
    The most awaited Star Wars: Force Unleashed sequel is released today! A lot of gamers are so excited to have a copy of this newly released Star Wars game. Itâ
  28. Oct 27, 2010
    I was extremely disappointed in this game. To quote IGN's review:

"Each level feels like it's been artificially extended, with repeated buildings and environmental portions that make it feel like a copy/paste job."

The improved graphics and ability to dismember enemies do little to distract the player from the underwhelming story, levels and combat.
  29. Oct 29, 2010
    While they fixed most of the issues with the old game, there is nothing creative about this chapter. I am still struggling with whoever came up with the idea that making stormtroopers act like ragdolls and thinking this makes for a fun game or does anything for the universe.
  30. Zyy
    Oct 30, 2010
    Okay, in short: I would be entertained for a longer period taking a **** than playing this game, and that would be free of charge!
  31. Oct 26, 2010

1. Jan 28, 2011
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II is just terrible.
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    Star Wars the Force Unleashed II makes up for most of its predecessor flaws, and delivers some terrific action sequences. It's a shame though that the story is simply non existent and the whole adventure lasts some 5 hours. It really seems like the developers can't make this saga right, leaves us waiting for a new hope.
  3. Jan 15, 2011
    There were high expectations for this game, however it is inferior to the first one, shorter, more monotonous, not replayable and with a really forgetable story.