7.3

1. May 16, 2017
    Some annoying flaws keep this game from being a sublime "true" horror-survival game. That said, its still one of the best zombie games. What it does attempt is great, and where it falters can be mostly fixed with a patch or three.
    The combat is functional, but not particularly fun. The zombies start off kind of laughable, but soon their ability to 'hear' you can draw waves of them to your current location. Some run, some jump for your neck. Its not so easy to get away. Two zombies is not such a chore, but a 'special' zombie or 4 regular ones (or more) and maybe discretion is the better part of valor.
    I disliked the rushed pace the missions were given to me, barking on the radio about them frequently and unlocking sometimes 5 at a time. Some missions have a shelf-life, but you don't know which ones will expire.

+positives
    The base building is pretty well done, many options and dealing with morale and moods
    Scavenging is fun and often needed
    Tons of items to hoard
    Many weapons, ranged and melee. They can break but there is a way to repair them.
    Its got a learning curve, and sometimes its hard, thats a good thing sometimes.

-negatives
    The lack of a wingman really hurts(or even a small team), you have to do nearly all the missions alone.
    Radio lady wants you to do all the missions, NOW
    Some of the team building issues 'anger management' come up a bit too frequently
    Cars are fairly finite, but quite OP. Way better than grenades.
    Decent graphics, but zombies clip through walls, half-vanish through front porch, such oddities.
  2. Sep 10, 2016
    I love this game, had for ages, but i feel like more could of been added, why not coop or multiplayer? Other than that it is one of the best arcades that should never be forgotten
  3. Mar 25, 2015
    State of Decay is an impressive open world zombie game also Zombie-survival RPG Simulated with Unforgiving perma-death and built creating a safe place, by defending it, gathering supplies for your groups of survivors also character building system Well done undead studios!!
  4. Mar 2, 2015
    Its certainly well put together for an xbox arcade game. Sure its not as polished as a big budget monster but there is loads of potential and heaps to do. If you are happy to accept the odd glitch and not so dazzling graphics it makes up for it with far more originality than yet another generic title from the pond scum developers such as EA and ubis**t.

Possibly the few criticisms would

Possibly the few criticisms would hinge upon a little greater explanation of how to actually build up your base and keep the residents happy. I was stuck for ages with my residents being unhappy and angry and not a clue what to do about it. Additionally you also cannot simply execute the troublesome people with a swift gunshot or swing of an axe to resolve the issues which I suppose is a refreshing change from the grand theft auto style of doing things, albeit a little frustrating at times.
  5. Jan 7, 2015
    This was a lovely surprise. At its core, an open-world zombie game, State of Decay is made so much more interesting by the strategic additions to its gameplay - building up a team of survivors, developing their unique perks and combat skills, keeping them all happy, and alive. Permadeath awaits any member unfortunate enough to be caught out by poor preparation for an encounter with theThis was a lovely surprise. At its core, an open-world zombie game, State of Decay is made so much more interesting by the strategic additions to its gameplay - building up a team of survivors, developing their unique perks and combat skills, keeping them all happy, and alive. Permadeath awaits any member unfortunate enough to be caught out by poor preparation for an encounter with the undead. Most individual zombies are straightforward enough to deal with (apart from some of the "freak" ones), but if you're negligent enough to be ganged up on by more than three or four at once without any of your allies in tow then you run a real risk of being a goner. And when one of your most developed characters gets their torso ripped clean off the rest of their body and they're gone for good, it's a real kick-to-the-stomach feeling. The fact that there's the potential for this to happen at any time means you never feel safe in this game, you're always on edge.

In addition, everything I wanted to do, whether it be move my group to a larger home base, or expand the facilities therein, something always seemed to happen to make that goal just out of arm's reach. You're not really playing State of Decay, you really are just survivng through it. Possibly the closest any game has ever come to making you feel how you probably would do if zombies really did take over. It's not the most polished game, a relatively low-budget offering, it's a little rough around the edges technically, but such deficiencies are easy to forgive when you consider the wider picture and the unique experience the game does offer. Even the story is somewhat involving. It's the best Grand Theft Auto game I've played.
  6. Jan 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It`s like GTA with zombies, you get explore and infiltrate homes full of zombies to get supplies to survive, as well as rescue hostages alongside missions. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2014
    Great game. I bought this hoping I'd get a good 10 hours of gaming out of it. I think I've played through the main story line 6 or 7 times now ... probably 100+ hours now.
    I think I was hooked the on the first playthru the first time I started getting cocky - moved to my first new homestead, had a community of 9 people, had 2 characters rocking some decent fighting stats - and died horribly. Wow. Stayed out looting too long, ran out of stamina and snacks, flipped my car, got zerg'd, and watched the biters tear me in half and munch on my parts. Yes, my best character was GONE.
    PLAY THIS GAME!
  8. Aug 30, 2014
    THE BEST ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME EVER!!!! From perma death, to scavenging, base building, to survivor recruitment, this game has it all. This game is about stealth and survival and not being a zombie killing badd-ass. Full of tension, thrills and strategy you can put in tons of ours into this game.
  9. Jul 22, 2014
    Really awesome game! Very innovative and very satisfying.Combine the survival element with stealth and combat. I really enjoy it,despite having to babysit everybody in the game,but that's what makes it fun! Because it's a zombie survival game,you gotta take care of everybody,including yourself! Great Game!

Hope there will be more games like this in the future!
  10. Jul 22, 2014
    State of Decay is the only game I have ever played that actually makes me scared of dying, which is very much needed in the video game industry. You can explore the massive world, scavenge, recruit, claim territory and of course, kill zombies. You feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders when managing your base. There is nothing like running back to base with a backpack ofState of Decay is the only game I have ever played that actually makes me scared of dying, which is very much needed in the video game industry. You can explore the massive world, scavenge, recruit, claim territory and of course, kill zombies. You feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders when managing your base. There is nothing like running back to base with a backpack of supplies with a horde of zombies right behind you, with your friends desperately trying to save you. This is the game all zombie games will be compared to. Expand
  11. Jul 15, 2014
    I have wanted to play an extensive zombie survival game for a long time, and the day this came out on the xbox store, i knew it was worth a look. The storyline isnt too extensive but is still not repetitive which means it can be completed in a single sitting. However the storyline isnt the main focus for most players in this game. The survival aspect is amazing. Food and water needs to beI have wanted to play an extensive zombie survival game for a long time, and the day this came out on the xbox store, i knew it was worth a look. The storyline isnt too extensive but is still not repetitive which means it can be completed in a single sitting. However the storyline isnt the main focus for most players in this game. The survival aspect is amazing. Food and water needs to be collected along with medicine to keep your survivors alive, whom you can recruit from nearby 'enclaves' by earning their trust. You can do this through many short missions which can often take you to undiscovered areas and provide you with the resources you need. Ammunition and fuel can be stored to help the camp's survival and building materials can be found which can upgrade the players home facility or allow them to move to an entirely new one. These systems work smoothly with each other albeit a few minor bugs. Expand
  12. Jul 6, 2014
    One of, if not the best game available on the XBLA. This was something fresh amongst all the zombie survival games that were just becoming popular, the base mechanics and having to scavenge for food and supplies makes it feel like there are things you should always be doing. Being able to switch between the characters in your base makes for some interesting variation as many have differentOne of, if not the best game available on the XBLA. This was something fresh amongst all the zombie survival games that were just becoming popular, the base mechanics and having to scavenge for food and supplies makes it feel like there are things you should always be doing. Being able to switch between the characters in your base makes for some interesting variation as many have different stats/traits. It definitely suffers from some problems such as frame rate drops and textures not loading properly, and the story wasn't particularly the best - however the situations i would find myself in more than made up for this and in a sense each player will make their own story depending on what happens to the group of survivors/base they develop Expand
  13. Jun 30, 2014
    Fiery, Feral and Ferocious; this game is a clear winner. It's Xbox's answer to The Last of Us, and although it may not have the finesse or attention to detail of Naughty Dog's piece of art, it comes damn close. For those of you who are obsessed with the Walking Dead (guilty!), this game is for you. It encompasses the elements of a real zombie-survival horror story, forcing you to makeFiery, Feral and Ferocious; this game is a clear winner. It's Xbox's answer to The Last of Us, and although it may not have the finesse or attention to detail of Naughty Dog's piece of art, it comes damn close. For those of you who are obsessed with the Walking Dead (guilty!), this game is for you. It encompasses the elements of a real zombie-survival horror story, forcing you to make tough decisions, look after your 'camp' and also rewards you for putting in time and effort. I played a good 18 hours of the game, and I still want to play more. The game is very original (especially with its real-time gameplay), and addictive. Just make sure you take breaks from this game, don't turn into a zombie yourself!
    This is an absolute must for zombie fans! Go eat them brains!
  14. May 24, 2014
    best survival / zombie game ever not for 10 min gamers this game wont hold your hand and death is everlasting i dont even think there is cheats for this game ...a game made for gamers
  15. Apr 25, 2014
    This review is designed to help the undecided decide.. I wrote it designed to point out the key parts for those interested....

78 critic score is TOTAL CRAP! Anyone who has played this game for even 1 hour can feel the potential... --it's an insanely ADDICTING,REWARDING experience.. Did I mention it's addicting.. I just returned to playing this game when I saw the DLC

--it's an insanely ADDICTING,REWARDING experience.. Did I mention it's addicting.. I just returned to playing this game when I saw the DLC "Breakdown"..funny how the day after I purchased it, the d@mn DLC goes on "spring-sale" clearance. But I used all my luck years ago...
    ---sound--superb. Funny sayings are cleverly placed into new characters who show up..
    --OPEN WORLD- this is the ultimate prototype for "open World freedom"!! You can travel in a car to the boonies on on the faaar side of no mans land and STILL be able to go inside houses for chance loot able stuff..
    --The Game--you find two kinds of loot.. Backpacks which you return to you're base and get you're stockpile of that resource increased. Like medicine,food,ammo,fuel etc,,((you're people slowly dwindle you're resources daily and mainly you use them to build new buildings that unlock newer features..that's a big part of what's addicting....
    --There's many different buildings that can be used for you're base of operations and you can relocate you're whole clan easy enough..
    ----key feature worth noting--""call for runners"" say ya don't wanna carry the backpack all the way home,,,hit a button and for a few pennies runners come and get it..but with 2 small prices/risks..-1- you don't get the morale points and experience of delivering it...and 2nd and more importantly- there's a chance the guy going to get it (ON-FOOT) can be ambushed and if you don't go physically save him - there's a 50/50 chance he will DIE! And you have no control who the runner is..it could be you're favorite hero..every player in game is playable and every single person is unique and different...
    --also,,the runners going to get the backpack for you actually leave the home base and jog all the way there,,pick up backpack and jog a lil slower now all the way back.. The further the run is the higher the risk..
    --you encounter them here & there if you're really micro managing everything.. Ya get into the flow of this game and will have 20'things all going at same time...

---guys,, play this cheap game before you PERMANENTLY move on to Xbox1..
    --it takes the shooting zombies we love from shooters,,and the beating them down and beheadeding and lambing them from dead island type games we love,,,and the base building of. Tower defense games we love...all while we get attached to the survivors..--

--also--HEROES--when you're on a roll doing good and everyone is happy(not always) heroes show up and need and escort,,if you cane sort them= they will join you and they might be a former swat team sniper!!!or a emergency room dr??or a engineer or auto mechanic??these "heroes" become the leaders and most valuable of you're whole village...if you by chance find say a CHEF,,you can access the menu for feast and special meals that pack amazing results and boost.. It's fulfilling when you score an engineer who can build stuff..

----it's obvious the minds behind this designed a game they too wanted to really play..

The scores for this game are reasons why the scoring is broken and one must "READ THE REVIEWS",NOT JUST THE SCORES.. I WOULD REALISTIC SCORE THIS A *** 9 ***
  16. Apr 15, 2014
    This game is amazing, original and much better than last of us, because you have more freedom in it. Is worth it to get an xbox just to play this piece of art
  17. Jan 13, 2014
    Very entertaining. I must have spent over 30 hours on this game scavenging alone. The different zombie types are nice, even if not TOO original. Would definitely keep playing and recommend.
  18. Jan 2, 2014
    This title was exactly what I was looking for when I thought 'Zombie Apocalypse Survival'. I was looking for a game that challenged you to survive and have a realistic element tied in with the fictional element of zombies. Not just beat up zombies, but actually survive. You can gather resources, build up a home base, find survivors that you will help you but occasionally will need yourThis title was exactly what I was looking for when I thought 'Zombie Apocalypse Survival'. I was looking for a game that challenged you to survive and have a realistic element tied in with the fictional element of zombies. Not just beat up zombies, but actually survive. You can gather resources, build up a home base, find survivors that you will help you but occasionally will need your protection as well... it's very well thought out and even though it could go farther, it's already better than any of the other zombie apocalypse games I've tried that are more focused on brain splatter or following some story line. You can draw comparisons to GTA in how the game plays, and switching between characters is a must. I think the only thing that makes it a 9 rather than a 10 for me is that I can't really secure larger areas to prevent the zombies from just spawning and killing my team. At the very least, I'd like to see a short period of time, after securing a house or building, before zombies start showing up out of no where. If I clear a path for my scavengers, I'd like to know they aren't going to randomly be destroyed by a horde that spawned a minute or two after I left the area. That part takes away from the realism a bit, but it does add a challenge, no doubt. Either way, they are on the right track, and I'd like to see more games like this one, that seem to focus on the game-play more-so than the brain splatters. Expand
  19. Dec 17, 2013
    Welcome to the land of hell. State Of Decay is one of the most remember-able "zombie games" that will stand in the light with Left 4 Dead or Dead Island. Being a Xbox arcade game and becoming the 2nd best selling Xbox live game to date, you could say State Of Decay was praised by the general public. Forget about the dated graphics and crashes and your left with a solid zombie premise thatWelcome to the land of hell. State Of Decay is one of the most remember-able "zombie games" that will stand in the light with Left 4 Dead or Dead Island. Being a Xbox arcade game and becoming the 2nd best selling Xbox live game to date, you could say State Of Decay was praised by the general public. Forget about the dated graphics and crashes and your left with a solid zombie premise that can revival AAA games. For all Zombie and open world gamers you would be missing out if you hadn't already got your fixture on this game. State of Decay is a excellent Game with ground braking machines and a half hearted story that shouldn't be missed no madder the short comings. Expand
  20. Dec 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In my opinion (i've played this title for 70h+) this game captures the essence of survival in a fictional apocalypse-scenario: resource gathering, enough self-feature to inspire moving forward (or stay in a global "status quo" inside the game), fight without end giving enough desperation to hope for a better outcome. OK, the characters voices are not the best so far (i hope a DLC would correct that, adding sound and bugfix material, also some new features like areas which can be "cleansed" for a longer time /2-3 real-time hours/, or fuel consumption in cars) and the bugs can be hellraiser (a Juggernaut comes trough the door.......), but we got permadeath and mood crisises (effectively almost all the same, but in sense makes different) and a currency system which will generate itself and fluctuate if you are offline.

This means that the open-world constantly moves: survivors get chewd up, others may come and go, resources get depleted or replenished, psych issues can/will make the offline process harder or sometimes a little easier so in one sentence: it is not a bad game. I do not say "awesome" because there is a lot features what aren't explained thoroughly in the game's manual (there is a wikia for that); it is just simply a "give-it-a-go" game: if you play it you will realize that you like it or not. So all in all: it is balanced by the positive features and some bug-related gameplay flaws; it is fun.

And remember: it is not about the zombies. It is about management and survival. Stealth wins the day, gun-hoes will be joining the mindless creep on the street.
  21. Dec 13, 2013
    State of Decay is a fun game because there is nothing quite like it. No other game has successfully achieved surviving in an apocalypse as State of Decay. The gameplay is fun, but the story is mediocre.
  22. Nov 29, 2013
    Best zombie game ever made. Feels like your in 'The walking Dead'. Micro management, Permanent character deaths (important because you can switch to these people) permanent vehicle loss. You have to maintain everything. Little missions constantly pop up to distract you from the main incentive (pursuing these can save playable characters lives)

Setting up a camp- deciding what buildings

Setting up a camp- deciding what buildings to develop (med, ammo, sniper nests etc)

Talking to people that are depressed/have issues helps more than you realise

If you send someone on a mission to collect resources they will physically go across the map and attempt to collect and return. You must kit them out well if you dont want them to die. If they die, any resources they collected will drop at the place of death.

Little details like this make this game special.

LOADS of weapons/ammo types/items. Shooting is perfect, the lighting is beautful. Its a reminder of why we play games and where the medium is going.

The start of this game does not do it justice. Keep on playing
  23. Nov 23, 2013
    The game is good over all, it really feels like a survival and the game is built on you creating this safe place, by defending it, gathering supplies, and other things that makes this game both challenging and rewarding, but on a side note, it's too easy to break the cars down and there are some small bugs every now and then but it doesn't mess with the game play so overall it is a goodThe game is good over all, it really feels like a survival and the game is built on you creating this safe place, by defending it, gathering supplies, and other things that makes this game both challenging and rewarding, but on a side note, it's too easy to break the cars down and there are some small bugs every now and then but it doesn't mess with the game play so overall it is a good zombie survival game for those with some free time on their hands. Expand
  24. Nov 21, 2013
    An incredibly well thought out game for an excellent price from an indie developer constantly in touch with their fan base. Undead Labs vision of an apocalyptic zombie filled open world brings in aspects of several great open world titles and throws in much of their own unique twist.

An absolute must buy.
  25. Nov 19, 2013
    As close as you can get to an open world zombie game. Talks of a mmo state of decay are on the wind! One can only hope! This game is everything you could want in a zombie game. I have quite literally waited years for someone to make a game like this where scavenging is key in a wide open gaming space with no loading screens to pull you out of the immersion!

There is a bright future for

There is a bright future for both this game and the developers!
  26. Nov 15, 2013
    Fantastic. From the sneaking house to house for supplies, to offing straggler zombies in your way, plowing them over in cars, and managing and economizing your home base, this game is great. Perma-death makes your decisions very important, and intensifies the game play. New survivors are always spawning, but the stats you earn from using characters is where you can grow attached to oneFantastic. From the sneaking house to house for supplies, to offing straggler zombies in your way, plowing them over in cars, and managing and economizing your home base, this game is great. Perma-death makes your decisions very important, and intensifies the game play. New survivors are always spawning, but the stats you earn from using characters is where you can grow attached to one moreso than others.

With State of Decay's success, I'm really looking forward to future installments.
  27. Nov 7, 2013
    Absolute best zombie game I have EVER played.
    Absolute best zombie game I have EVER played.
    They got the survival aspect of this game perfected. You have limited space on survivors so before you go out looking for goods you have to think "do I bring guns? more ammo? more food? what about medicine? My car isn't looking so good should I leave it or bring it?" and each survivor can be built differently. Don't like frontal assaults? You can spec for stealth if you want! There are a decent amount of choices.
    The game feels like a satisfying mix of Deadrising, Day z, and Red Dead Redemption.

If you're a fan of zombies this game is a must have!!
  28. Nov 6, 2013
    Great arcade game. This game has a lot of potential, just needs to be polished and some multiplayer features. I also wouldn't mind the DLC to make the world bigger.
  29. Nov 1, 2013
    A very well-executed take on the open-world zombie apocalypse trend. It is, by far, one of the best ones we've gotten yet. The character animations are smooth, the world design is believable and varies every inch, there's a lot to explore and do. The combat is smooth and fun, and you can upgrade your home base to do many things such as allow overtime weapon and vehicle repairs.

That's

That's right, this game has cars, that you can drive in the open world, not many games of this type have done it let-alone done it correctly. There is no main playable character, as you change survivors often in order to prevent over-tiring any of them in particular. You can scavage equipment and save them in your base so other survivors may use them when you begin to play them, you can maintain the mood of of your base crew and upgrade your fortress in order to keep zombies away.
  30. Oct 28, 2013
    Its good, its original, there's not that much else that needs to be said, Sandbox RPG Zombie-Apocalypse sums it up. I would definitely recommend it, and I plan to go for a second play through.
  31. Oct 26, 2013
    An outstanding game that's high on playability and tension. The game play is so good its easy to live with the few technical problems the game has. Survival is the name of the game and the constant stream of missions keep you on your toes. All the things that make the zombie genre great are crammed into this game; tense moments of quietly searching so as not to attract attention fromAn outstanding game that's high on playability and tension. The game play is so good its easy to live with the few technical problems the game has. Survival is the name of the game and the constant stream of missions keep you on your toes. All the things that make the zombie genre great are crammed into this game; tense moments of quietly searching so as not to attract attention from the undead, satisfying kills with a vast array of weapons, the option to stay and fight or run away screaming when zombies attack. The game mixes strategy and action well and delivers an enjoyable game that keeps you coming back for more. If the world did wake up to a zombie apocalypse you should play this game to learn how to survive..! Expand
  32. Oct 19, 2013
    So, I have a solid Reputation as the "Survivor" in my group, because I LOVE survival horror. This is amazing, especially the scavenging. My only issue is that multiplayer would be the best addition. I'm not sure if there is a patch, but there needs to be. Get hyped. A solid 8 out of 10, 9 IF a multiplayer patch is involved.
  33. Oct 10, 2013
    Anyone who complains about this game not being good because it is too punishing should get their head checked. Permadeath and real time continuation (even with game off) makes for a tense gameplay indeed. Usually in such games, you can leave a mission forever, in SoD, there is a reasonable timeframe (there needs to be or you wouldn't be able to stop playing it or everyone would die). IfAnyone who complains about this game not being good because it is too punishing should get their head checked. Permadeath and real time continuation (even with game off) makes for a tense gameplay indeed. Usually in such games, you can leave a mission forever, in SoD, there is a reasonable timeframe (there needs to be or you wouldn't be able to stop playing it or everyone would die). If you do leave a mission too long, thinking main quest lines will always be there, do not be fooled.
    The best feature of SoD is the societal mechanics and group formation of your survival pack. You can establish outposts, set up traps in them, scavange supplies. If you're weighed down you can call in a runner, who runs across the map in real time to search and take all the supplies there. Certain characters respond better to others in different quests, and each are affected by fatigue, hunger and sickness. This can be avoided in building a workshop and using materials to construct extra bedding, or a watch-tower etc.
    I will talk more about the negative features of the game, solely because there's enough positive already.
    The game is at times buggy, and it seems interesting that everyone advises against you using a car, as it can alert zombies, even though in a car you can plow through hordes and hordes before the car becomes unusable.
    I won't go into graphics, with the exception of saying they are good. Regardless of what people say, graphics dont really matter that much.
    The inclusion of "special" zombies is an irritation, as it seems like they were simply thrown in for some extra difficulty, with little or no regard for the fact that they don't fit in at all. If most zombies can go down in a headshot, why create a fat one who takes 5+headshots? It removes the sense of believability.
    The game world itself is wonderful to explore, each house is unique and searchable, and the potential always draws you in. However, with the amount of missions on your screen at any one time, you never really get the chance to do some proper exploration.
    The game is also very emotionally distant. If someone (your best friend) dies, nothing happens bar a little notification on your screen. You will not become emotionally attached to characters or situation- it is certainly not trying to be TellTale Games: The Walking Dead.
    Lastly, the system to swap between characters is excellent, however you cannot trade weapons between them, so you will have some characters without weapons who can only get them by going into where they would need weapons. If you don't have enough influence to buy weapons from the community, you wont have enough to bring someone with you to help you find a weapon. I do not believe getting a playable member to accompany you should cost influence.
    In summary, despite its few flaws, and the potential negative impacts of permadeath and real-time, as well as rediculously punishing auto-saves (dont bother screwing up something and trying to reload to before it happened) SoD is at its heart a fantastic open world infection game, with solid core mechanics
  34. Oct 8, 2013
    This is an excellent game for being bound to the confines of 2GB on XBLA. I will say that if you do not like to:

1. Manage resources 2. Play as a community and not as an individual 3. Be careful when to engage, who to send for what 4. Pay attention to morale and deal with relationships Then you will NOT like this game as its more about those things than it is about combat.

1. Manage resources
    2. Play as a community and not as an individual
    3. Be careful when to engage, who to send for what
    4. Pay attention to morale and deal with relationships

The driving is decent, the combat is fun, shooting is a bit funky but serviceable (its loud and loud is BAD), graphics are decent and the voice acting is well done with a good storyline. Also your choices have real impact. Additionally its a living, breathing persistent world that will continue on without you, so if you log off and are away for a while you will see that either things got a bit better or could have gotten a LOT worse.

The game is large and you could blaze through the story in probably 10 to 12 hours or take your time like I am and I am maybe 1/2 way through with 17 hours logged in.

I am anxiously awaiting the future Class 4 game which is said to be coop or MMO version with the same game mechanics, which are well done and very fun to work with.
  35. Sep 30, 2013
    The only thing about this game i do not like is that it has only about 20 Hours of Content. Yes, its a sandbox and you can play it as long as you want. But when the story is mostly over the game and the radio-chatter gets very, very silent.

I really don't understand this. The missions are very simple, with a few lines of spoken text and ingame graphics. Why are there not more of this missions or even random missions to stretch it a little bit?

Its a design flaw to limit such a potentially everlasting gameplay experience just because there are not enough random mission types to bring some diversity into the game :(

A construction set would be a blast.

However... since the game was pure fun for 20 hours and only costs 20€ i give this game anyway a 10. I just want more of it. :D
  36. Sep 23, 2013
    Hell yeah! ladies and gentlemen the RPG zombie game we want. this game feels so polished and feels like it has alot of potential alot of other rpg zombie games could not achieve, and with the PC release coming soon, forget this on the xbox and you thought that was good! imagine mod support and... increased graphics! XBLA game of the year!!! buy plz.
  37. Sep 5, 2013
    First I really feel the need to respond to some other reviewers. This is an Arcade game. Not a big budget mainstream game.

Now on with the review. The game is a very good zombie survival game which brings in some ideas that rarely are explored in other zombie titles for example a playthrough only has a finite number of survivors and supplies. When these are gone they're gone. This is a clever way to force the player in the direction the developers wanted you to go without explicitely ordering the player too.
    The fighting is really a hit and miss with melee combat falling into button bashing. Gunplay is fun with a very large selection of firearms that could rival Battlefield or Call of Duty however there's no insentive to use a firearm. With zombies only dying to headshots and the larger, more exciting guns creating more noise I personally only found myself carrying a Handgun in case it was ever needed above all else.
    The world, or countryside in more correct terms, is not the giant sandbox players familiar with DayZ are used to but for this game it works. You have one major towns with smaller villages around. I cannot deny that the game could have done with a larger map possibly including a city but as I mentioned in the beginning this is an arcade game afterall so we shouldn't press too much into this detail.

The story is the biggest fault. To be blunt there is no real story and there is no introduction either. The player is thrust right into the game and a zombie fight and then arrives late the the zombie party in town which although justified ingame, in my opinion wasted a good chance for a tension building introduction that we saw in games like Dead Island.
    The other issue is the bad framerates. They may or may not have been resolved now but in my playthrough the framerate drops were offputting especially if you were in life or death moments.
  38. Aug 21, 2013
    I can't say that any of the features of this game are better or more intense or the next big thing the game is just basically AN AMAZING FREAKING ZOMBIE GAME. And it's open world. So you just can't go wrong.
  39. Aug 21, 2013
    Great game, exceptionally good! Although The Walking Dead game is really good, this mist just be at the height or even more! An open world game that, besides just getting the zombies brains blown out, makes you think a good strategy to survive. With the option of choosing your own safe house and rescuing people in trouble, this is the best Xbox 360 game.
  40. Aug 20, 2013
    State of art for "Zombie Survival" game genre. I was looking for a game such as State of Decay from the creation of DayZ mod for Arma II.
    It's like a GTA game but with zombie, resource management, companions and base building. The only under tone thing is the story, a bit cheap and not very deep... but it's ok for a game such great, at the cost of only1600 MP.
    One of my favorite game of
    One of my favorite game of all time.

Thanks Undead Labs

Edit: reduced score to 8/10 for the last campaign mission and the ending... very useless bad ending. I hope better. The game is good but the last 2-3 missions and the ending are something terrible.
  41. Aug 20, 2013
    There are too many zombie games and movies, but this is the best survival-zombie game I've played. It is too small and short, and I would have like to see more aggressive zombies in terms of mounting assaults on my base. Hopeful the devs make another, and if they do, I would like more model diversity, especially with the more advanced zombie types. Overall this is well worth the askingThere are too many zombie games and movies, but this is the best survival-zombie game I've played. It is too small and short, and I would have like to see more aggressive zombies in terms of mounting assaults on my base. Hopeful the devs make another, and if they do, I would like more model diversity, especially with the more advanced zombie types. Overall this is well worth the asking price, if you like the idea of a small-scope, GTA-like survival game. Expand
  42. Aug 15, 2013
    For a game with it's fair share of bugs and niggling little issues I really enjoyed my playthrough. It's got a fresh take on the way you explore and I liked the inclusion of being able to switch between characters due to the well implemented fatigue and damage mechanics. The storyline is 'safe' for a zombie survival game and the characters at least tried to have some personality. For anFor a game with it's fair share of bugs and niggling little issues I really enjoyed my playthrough. It's got a fresh take on the way you explore and I liked the inclusion of being able to switch between characters due to the well implemented fatigue and damage mechanics. The storyline is 'safe' for a zombie survival game and the characters at least tried to have some personality. For an arcade release I couldn't have expected much more. Expand
  43. Aug 5, 2013
    My review of State of Decay

SINGLE PLAYER: 8/10. good story, holds up pretty well GRAPHICS: 7/10. nothing special. a lot of pop in, and poor draw distance. also, zombies glitch through walls :/ SOUND: 7/10. serviceable, but not outstanding. decent voice acting GAMEPLAY: 7.5/10. fun but simple fighting and navigation, but poor vehicle handling. there is also a whole assortment of
    My review of State of Decay

SINGLE PLAYER: 8/10. good story, holds up pretty well
    SOUND: 7/10. serviceable, but not outstanding. decent voice acting
    GAMEPLAY: 7.5/10. fun but simple fighting and navigation, but poor vehicle handling. there is also a whole assortment of glitches
    FUN FACTOR: 8/10. it is fun, but needs patches and fixes
    TOTAL: 8/10
  44. Aug 5, 2013
    This is a very ambitious zombie apocalypse game. You have a large open world (for an XBLA game, at least) to explore. Scavenging for supplies, finding other survivors and upgrading your home base with storage, training areas, etc. are the main draws of this game. Melee combat is made intense with stamina, as attacking or running for too long will develop fatigue, slowing you down andThis is a very ambitious zombie apocalypse game. You have a large open world (for an XBLA game, at least) to explore. Scavenging for supplies, finding other survivors and upgrading your home base with storage, training areas, etc. are the main draws of this game. Melee combat is made intense with stamina, as attacking or running for too long will develop fatigue, slowing you down and leaving you vulnerable. Using guns is risky too as it not only consumes ammo (which isn't too plentiful) but it makes noise, which attracts zombies.Permanent death also adds intensity to the game, because once a survivor is dead, they're dead. With all of these interesting caveats, there are a few problems, mainly mediocre visuals and some weird glitches. But those don't detract from the point of the game: surviving the zombie apocalypse. Expand
  45. Aug 2, 2013
    This game is great. Way too many games nowadays trade million dollar art budgets for actual game depth and complexity. This game is a step in the right direction. The mechanics are relatively fun and addictive, although not really perfect. You get a host of characters who can all grow and get a random selection of several different skills to level up. There is a selection of enemiesThis game is great. Way too many games nowadays trade million dollar art budgets for actual game depth and complexity. This game is a step in the right direction. The mechanics are relatively fun and addictive, although not really perfect. You get a host of characters who can all grow and get a random selection of several different skills to level up. There is a selection of enemies and hordes but only a couple are really dangerous. There is a large selection of weapons, but many are similar to one another and there aren't really weapons with bonuses or anything. Some downsides of the game: The theme is decay and eventual loss of all resources, but there are idiosyncratic ways to draw out resources like double harvesting caches (scav call then self scav) and not searching the last object in a house (causes house to revert to completely unsearched after a while). The enemies and quests can get redundant (especially the community member morale quests) and the enemies who are dangerous are just obnoxiously so, as in once you get hit you can easily get chain hit to death with little recourse. So fighting mechanics exist but are not especially complex, and gun/bomb use is not that complex or interesting either. So mostly it is a strategy game. Expand
  46. Jul 25, 2013
    Without a doubt this game deserves a good rating, its a combination of all the good zombie game elements. It's got the RTS feeling to it where you have to establish safe havens for other survivors, and for people who are looking for action.. there are zombies around just about every corner. The game also has quite a few horror elements. People who are looking for a game with a lot ofWithout a doubt this game deserves a good rating, its a combination of all the good zombie game elements. It's got the RTS feeling to it where you have to establish safe havens for other survivors, and for people who are looking for action.. there are zombies around just about every corner. The game also has quite a few horror elements. People who are looking for a game with a lot of content are not going to be let down by State of Decay there is a plethora of weapons of all kinds, vehicles, and survivors to mingle with. However this game does come with a few bugs, but if you can see past them this game really does become enjoyable. You can play as just about anybody that you befriend. Speaking of people the game introduces you to life-like people, with their own struggles and emotions, one time I really started to like one of my survivors and while playing as her she was brutally killed in combat- it really hit me like nothing else really has. This just goes to show you how diverse and in-depth the game really goes....

It doesn't stop there new features are going to be introduced to the game including Sandbox Mode, Multiplayer, and a port to PC.
  47. Jul 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is good, the plot is interesting too. But the number of bugs and "curves" moments do not allow to put this game out of 10 points. Open world towards the end of the story, unfortunately, doesn't allow to explore it's area as early in the game. For example, to complete the story line, no need to set up a camp base in the third town. The history of the factory, closed military quarantine, and that apparently caused the apocalypse, generally never emerges in the course of the story. But this game is something exciting, Therefore 8 points. Expand
  48. Jul 20, 2013
    Now SoD definitely deserves a spot among games like Left 4 Dead and Dead Island. This $20 title is absolutely brilliant. It runs fairly fast, and I had little to no bugs during my playthrough. The graphics are great, the OST fits all situations, and the gameplay...ohhhh that gameplay. You know a zombie game is great when you can even feel the struggle of your character's survival. Can'tNow SoD definitely deserves a spot among games like Left 4 Dead and Dead Island. This $20 title is absolutely brilliant. It runs fairly fast, and I had little to no bugs during my playthrough. The graphics are great, the OST fits all situations, and the gameplay...ohhhh that gameplay. You know a zombie game is great when you can even feel the struggle of your character's survival. Can't wait to see a sequel. Expand
  49. Jul 15, 2013
    a pretty good game good thing than when you die you re spawn as a new survivor and can get your stuff back and do not have to restrat the story its a perty good game
  50. Jul 14, 2013
    I got the South African version of the game yesterday after a long wait and it's absolutely worthe every microsoft point in the price. One of the best zombie games yet, competing with the full retail likes of dead rising, dead island and left for dead! Love the game structure, and regular patches fixing all the major and finar flaws which caused bad review scores. Get this game NOW!
  51. Jul 13, 2013
    To start off i loved the game its fun and addictive, there were a few things that did help lower the rating a bit. Aside from the janky bits (lets be honest if you let some jank ruin the gaming experience, you are nothing more than a spoiled child). The wish list is pretty short for this one ,more storyline, more interaction with the other survivors and maybe a few more add ons, as far asTo start off i loved the game its fun and addictive, there were a few things that did help lower the rating a bit. Aside from the janky bits (lets be honest if you let some jank ruin the gaming experience, you are nothing more than a spoiled child). The wish list is pretty short for this one ,more storyline, more interaction with the other survivors and maybe a few more add ons, as far as base building goes. The atmosphere leaves a little bit to be desired as there is very little fear involved in scavenging. The "zombies" are fine and i even like the juggernaut as he really instills fear into the game play. over all this is a good game, that will eat a lot of your time and is well worth the money. Lets hope that undead labs can continue to add on and refine this game as it has potential to be a game you could play for a long time. Expand
  52. Jul 12, 2013
    The ultimate zombie apocalypse experience. It has everything you want in a zombie survival game scavenging, finding survivors, resource management, open-world, driving, and of course zombie killing. The combat is deep, the RPG system is solid, the stealth system adds a good mix the game is more about simulation than for story (Not a bad story, just you can clearly tell the developersThe ultimate zombie apocalypse experience. It has everything you want in a zombie survival game scavenging, finding survivors, resource management, open-world, driving, and of course zombie killing. The combat is deep, the RPG system is solid, the stealth system adds a good mix the game is more about simulation than for story (Not a bad story, just you can clearly tell the developers intended this to be about the experience and not the story) but this game gets a 9 instead of a 10 because it is one of the buggiest games I've ever played. (Though it gets a 10 on the fun factor) Most importantly, this is ONLY an Arcade game and not a full retail game. Honestly, I would have dished out a full 60 for this game (especially with so many poor quality 60 dollars games that's been coming out as of late) Expand
  53. Jul 12, 2013
    This is the only true Survival Horror game I have ever played. State of Decay would be an easy 10/10 if the few glitches were not present. At the price of $20, the value is incredible.
  54. Jul 11, 2013
    One of the best downloadable games I've played. It is really realistic, not to DayZ standards, but still great. Wish it had coop though, would make it a lot better
  55. Jul 11, 2013
    The game was great on the first play through. lots of stuff that makes the game something that you just cant put down. Although, if you cant put the game down and become a master of the game, it can get kinda repetitive and too easy. I they come with a difficulty setting in the future then the game will once again have that fear struck into me like a child watching a horror film when myThe game was great on the first play through. lots of stuff that makes the game something that you just cant put down. Although, if you cant put the game down and become a master of the game, it can get kinda repetitive and too easy. I they come with a difficulty setting in the future then the game will once again have that fear struck into me like a child watching a horror film when my character gets ripped apart by a horde of zombies. the game has some frame rate issues(nothing game breaking), if your community gets to large(like 30 people) then it can cause a never ending load screen(will probably be fixed in TU3) and sadly, wont have co-op which would have been a great feature. The good parts of the game is its above all things fun, has those tense moments where you have to think fast or lose your greatest asset, it rely's on your decisions (not just a bunch of scripted event(although they do have a scripted story), and the list just keeps on going. Can confidently say it deserves at least a 8/10 Expand
  56. Jul 2, 2013
    State Of Decay was a great, fun arcade game. Unfortunately it does have its flaws, like its vast amount of bugs, okay graphics and texture bugs. But besides that it really is an enjoyable experience. The MMO aspects are great and the perma-death mechanics are well done.
  57. Jul 1, 2013
    I've been waiting for an open-world zombie game ever since Activision canceled "Dead Rush" at the beginning of this PS3/360 console generation. This is the game I'd hoped to get.

"State of Decay" does just about everything right. Instead of relying on cinematics to tell the story and impress the player with a sense of drama and urgency, the gameplay itself manages to keep the player engaged and immersed in the world Undead Labs has created. Scavenging, sneaking, and fighting, players must try and keep their ever-depleting stock of supplies from dwindling to nothing.

Most notably, rather than playing a single character, players much change between various members of their community due to fatigue or death, which allows playing different ways with different characters, due to each one's specific abilities.

This game would be a perfect 10 for me, but it has some jarring camera problems, frequent framerate chugging, and a number of bugs which made it difficult to keep my base going. However, it's not enough to dock a point for it, and this is the best XBLA title I've ever played.
  58. Jul 1, 2013
    For an Arcade game, this is fantastic. Graphics aren't the greatest and I feel like the pacing is a little slow but other than that it's great. It's addictive, driving cars over zombies is so much fun and it is challenging at times. Recommending this game to all my gaming friends!
  59. Jun 30, 2013
    Great game. I'd go so far as to say best zombie game out there. If The Walking Dead franchise is going to have a game they need to take a leaf out of State of Decay's book. Make that TONS of leaves.

Bug-wise, I've only experienced a few very minor ones after hours of play; collision detection is a little wonky sometimes and companions have a nasty habit of blocking doors (and they don't often move when pushed). Aside for those it's been pretty flawless so far and not a single game breaking bug experienced by me. I HIGHLY recommend this game for any zombie/Walking Dead fan.
  60. Jun 30, 2013
    Another zombie game? Really? Yep. This one, from aptly-named dev Undead Labs, promised to be a different kind of zombie game. Yeah, it's going to be chock full of everybody's favorite brain-obsessed creepies, but lots of games have that. Case in point, the perennial winner of zombie memories, Left 4 Dead. So is this Microsoft Arcade-only (and pricey to boot) release anything special? Is itAnother zombie game? Really? Yep. This one, from aptly-named dev Undead Labs, promised to be a different kind of zombie game. Yeah, it's going to be chock full of everybody's favorite brain-obsessed creepies, but lots of games have that. Case in point, the perennial winner of zombie memories, Left 4 Dead. So is this Microsoft Arcade-only (and pricey to boot) release anything special? Is it worth 1700 Microsoft points? Yes and yes. Let's look at State of Decay, the new breed of zombie apocalypse. First of all, this is not like the vast majority of zombie games: it is an open world, you-get-one-shot, game that requires you to, brace yourselves here, think about what you're doing. You cannot blunder into situations and expect to reliably get out of it. Everything you do, just like in reality, makes noise. Noise attracts zombies. So you need to plan ahead, recon your intended area of operations, and keep your eyes open for uninvited guests. The world is varied, well-made, and the entire thing is part of your game. It's not a lot of set dressing buildings like in Fallout 3: every building can be entered, every building can be searched. You are in a constant need, and thus constant search for supplies of varying descriptions. From weapons and ammo to building and medical supplies, food, and a whole host of inventory items, you need it all to survive and thrive. Every building has the potential to house something valuable, and most buildings contain several searchable containers. (This feeds back into the previous gameplay mechanic genius: you can search slowly and methodically, which takes time, or search quickly, which makes an incredible racket and draws zombies.) The entire map, which is huge, is built for you to explore. The AI is plenty clever, with a very good predator/prey algorithm implementation; zombies are both solo and pack hunters, and react predictably to given simuli. The AI is also smart enough to be stupid, a mark of the well-built AI: it will fall for decoys and tricks, not see through them and cheat because the game knows everything (hey, Need for Speed...lookin' at you). Missions are randomly created and, although a little limited in the number of types, still keeps the game from getting stale. Combat is neither overly complex nor too simplified, and breaks down into melee and firearm, with melee divided into weight classes and weapon types. And, much like Ubisoft's I Am Alive, you must concern yourself with not only health but stamina; overexert yourself and you may find yourself completely winded, surrounded by zombies, unable to fight or flee. But best of all, it's up to you to fortify and improve your base of operations, decide when and where to move, and set up safe houses. You're not stuck with what the game gives you; it's up to you to choose everything. You're given a menu of options for things to build at your base, all of which require a given amount of various supplies. As long as you can cover the cost, you can have what you want, but it's up to you to choose, and choose wisely. Moreso than any game in easy memory, State of Decay puts you in a world that's unbelievably open and gives you so much freedom that if you can see it, you can get there. With all this glowing praise, are there downsides? Yes, there are. Most seriously, the game's interface is somewhat unpolished. It's based on the common journal-as-user-interface frame (with a pleasant Tropico 4 graphical motif), but the player's understanding of the tools and options is left more to trial and error than anything else. Instructions are available, to a degree, but are not very complete and cannot be recalled at will; miss it the first time, and it's gone. On the heels of that is a lack in firearms controls; aiming is arduous, without any sort of aim assist, and against rapidly bobbing and weaving zombies, lining up a shot is downright frustrating. Controls are fixed, so you cannot customize your controller. Vehicle physics are a little too floaty, and the vehicles themselves are severely lacking in durability (probably to avoid balancing problems). You'll receive warnings that fellow survivors may be in trouble, but no solid indication of where they are, leaving you feeling a little helpless from time to time. You cannot recruit other survivors as backup, which means you're usually on solo. This wouldn't be so bad, except that any time any character dies, that's it; it's character permadeath every time. This is a pain as you can spend hours tuning up your "primary" character only to have him chewed up and lost because of bad luck or some unfortunate timing. (Some gamers may enjoy this, as it does add a major sense of urgency!) Some have complained about graphics quality, but it's really not bad at all. So, all told, State of Decay is an excellent game with a few teething troubles. Despite its high cost on XBLA marketplace, it's well worth it for would be World War Z'ers. A solid 8 to State of Decay. Go and enjoy. Expand
  61. Jun 27, 2013
    The survival aspect of the game if unique and a lot of fun, and it kept me on my couch for hours. And you eventually get to know the characters, and if you get i favorite one they could die if you make one mistake.
  62. Jun 26, 2013
    Truly an amazing game. Combining all of the best elements of other zombie games, this is one of the best games I have played this year. I would have no problem paying $60 for this game, and for only $20, this has to be one of the best deals on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
  63. Jun 25, 2013
    The game is fun to play even though it a little glitchy with the zombies walking through doors and how it may not have good graphics from a far away distance. But it is more cheap then most games and if you like killing zombies with many weapons in an open world game then this is the game for you.
  64. Jun 22, 2013
    First of I'd like to say this is what a Walking Dead game SHOULD have been! Like a previous reviewer said this is the best sandbox zombie game I've ever played. Its a big like Dead Rising but minus the stupid timer and comedy. I'll tell you right now though it certainly isn't the prettiest game ever made but the depth of the game is insane. Its not just a game filled with boring fetchFirst of I'd like to say this is what a Walking Dead game SHOULD have been! Like a previous reviewer said this is the best sandbox zombie game I've ever played. Its a big like Dead Rising but minus the stupid timer and comedy. I'll tell you right now though it certainly isn't the prettiest game ever made but the depth of the game is insane. Its not just a game filled with boring fetch quests, there is so much you can do even little things like barricading a window with a hammer, board and nails made me smile because stuff like this is so often over looked. You can play as different characters who all have specific skills and you always have to be on guard when a character dies they are dead for good. It really makes your choices impactful. If you have character X all buffed up with killer stats and you get over run by a horde and that character dies it can reallly effect your game. Some might think this is unfair or what not but I feel it makes the game all that more realistic. For being an XBLA game you are getting more content then most triple A $60 games out there these days.. No 4 hour snooze fest like Metal Gear Rising or Halo 4's short campaign. For the price of the game it is seriously worth its weight in GOLD. The game isn't perfect though as it has some minor clipping issues and the voice acting (ie how their mouths move when speaking) isn't the greatest but that aside I would recommend this game to ANYONE who even has a remote interest in zombies. Its refreshing to finally play a DECENT zombie survival title. In closing the last thing I can tell you is if you buy this DO NOT use your credit card information over XBL. I've had my identity stolen 3 times now because of this. Expand
  65. Jun 21, 2013
    First off, State of Decay has problems. There are numerous clipping issues, graphical problems, mechanical issues, etc (some of which has been fixed in the patch). Many people are claiming the game is "hard", I would say State of Decay has a high learning curve. There are so many things the player needs to balance, such as: supplies for the home and character, leveling up characters,First off, State of Decay has problems. There are numerous clipping issues, graphical problems, mechanical issues, etc (some of which has been fixed in the patch). Many people are claiming the game is "hard", I would say State of Decay has a high learning curve. There are so many things the player needs to balance, such as: supplies for the home and character, leveling up characters, morale, missions, and other details. State of Decay is challenging in a fun, but occasionally frustrating way. S.O.D. is a open world survival game that has zombies in it that requires the gamer to do more then then shoot and smash zombies. S.O.D. is a downloadable title and has a lot of value in the price tag, while the main storyline is a bit short, the game in its entirety is quite long. Expand
  66. Jun 21, 2013
    Finally a zombie game that focuses on survival. The story is not a highlight at all and there are a lot of bugs but you need to enjoy this game for the little things. From having to go on runs for supplies which don't respawn by the way) to having to debate weather your safe at your home or if going to save someone is worth the risk to even having to put down your infected survivors ThisFinally a zombie game that focuses on survival. The story is not a highlight at all and there are a lot of bugs but you need to enjoy this game for the little things. From having to go on runs for supplies which don't respawn by the way) to having to debate weather your safe at your home or if going to save someone is worth the risk to even having to put down your infected survivors This game will be overlooked by a lot of people but it truly is a SURVIVAL horror game Expand
  67. Jun 20, 2013
    One of the great XBLA games,gameplay is really good.
    Pretty good open world game,but co-op should be there.
    Anyway,if score is needed it gets 8/10: MUST HAVE FOR ZOMBIE FANS!
  68. Jun 19, 2013
    A fun zombie game that relies on scavenging for supplies to keep your people alive. Although it suffers from minor bugs that have since been squashed the game retains the most important factor in a zombie apocalypse game; survival and for a twenty dollar price tag this is a definite buy.

69. Jun 18, 2013
    This game is nothing but pure FUN. And thats what games should be ALL ABOUT. This type of game people have been waiting for, for a very long time. And we got it, and its perfect. Sure it has its bugs and not the prettiest game (to some, i think its fine) but nothing that can't be fixed through an already coming patch by undead labs. This game has been going through the charts and ULThis game is nothing but pure FUN. And thats what games should be ALL ABOUT. This type of game people have been waiting for, for a very long time. And we got it, and its perfect. Sure it has its bugs and not the prettiest game (to some, i think its fine) but nothing that can't be fixed through an already coming patch by undead labs. This game has been going through the charts and UL deserves it. This game is just another acheivment in the gaming industry, that its not all about big budget shooters, but about pure fun. Thats what makes this game, is its actually FUN. Expand
  70. Jun 18, 2013
    A fascinating game that strikes solid on expectations. It's an interesting blend of more typical zombie games with a sandbox, turf management mechanic as seen in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. You can get very involved in the game very fast, and lose a lot of time to it constantly doing side-quests and exploring without the game ever getting dull. All this from an indie game is fantastic,A fascinating game that strikes solid on expectations. It's an interesting blend of more typical zombie games with a sandbox, turf management mechanic as seen in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. You can get very involved in the game very fast, and lose a lot of time to it constantly doing side-quests and exploring without the game ever getting dull. All this from an indie game is fantastic, and with the promise of changes and different successes/mistakes made in every playthru, there is a lot of potential for replay value. Expand
  71. Jun 18, 2013
    This game is what I've always wanted for a zombie game. With nice survival elements and good combat. It makes use of a neat system where zombies are attracted by sound (Guns, Cars, Looting, Melee combat etc). Aside from the FPS drops and screen tearing this game is a solid zombie survival game. You are given the choice to be the player who builds up the home area and acquires moreThis game is what I've always wanted for a zombie game. With nice survival elements and good combat. It makes use of a neat system where zombies are attracted by sound (Guns, Cars, Looting, Melee combat etc). Aside from the FPS drops and screen tearing this game is a solid zombie survival game. You are given the choice to be the player who builds up the home area and acquires more survivors to build a colony or you can be the lone wolf all your choice. Cars are good but I find myself to be running or sneaking around. If you enjoy zombie games L4D, DayZ, (It takes certain aspects of these games and very nicely makes this game) Then State of Decay is for you. At a price of 1600 msp its worth it, there is always the free trial if you are unsure. Expand
  72. Jun 18, 2013
    Best twenty dollar game ever. Finally a zombie game that's more about survival then talking to people. Very good rpg elements and home base strategy. It has broke arcade download records. Ten million since release is amazing.
  73. Jun 18, 2013
    A great game with a good story i only wish I wasn't comparing with games like red dead and gtawhich have big open worlds. I enjoyed the combat and the gunplay.
  74. Jun 17, 2013
    Best zombie survival game ever! I love the combination of resource-management, building your base and go for raids! The game has a very immersive atmosphere and you will never know what comes next. So be prepared
  75. Jun 17, 2013
    A very good game that has had little publicity in France but sells a lot.
    We all hope so a co-op mode.
  76. Jun 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I purchased state of decay the day it came out, I must say at first playing I didn't think much of the game the gameplay was jittery and it seemed to just lack any terms of overall decent gameplay. But I must say after letting the game develop through the story I found it was a game that was extremely enticing in the terms of making decisions to let certain survivors stay and sending them out to collect supplies etc. the bad sides to this game have to be the fact there is no co-op multiplayer even!! And the story was possible to complete in a matter of 4 days!!!! That's getting all 30 achievements possible!!! I think for future reference if undead labs want to bring out a state of decay 2 they should make it much longer, have co-op and make the choices a lot harder to make. But i must say overall top game definitely worth the buy. Expand
  77. Jun 16, 2013
    State of Decay is an open world 3rd person action adventure that takes place in a zombie apocalyptic world. For me this was a very surprising and enjoyable success. I enjoyed the game play the most. Being able to adventure the open world map with little limitations is what I loved. You can venture on foot or jump into an available vehicle to drive. The night and day element and the varietyState of Decay is an open world 3rd person action adventure that takes place in a zombie apocalyptic world. For me this was a very surprising and enjoyable success. I enjoyed the game play the most. Being able to adventure the open world map with little limitations is what I loved. You can venture on foot or jump into an available vehicle to drive. The night and day element and the variety of different types of zombies help set the mood. There's a lot more to get excited about here. The developers added some RPG elements in game too. Being able the upgrade your home base (and can move it) and also acquire outposts around the map. Searching for supplies throughout the world is also important to being able to upgrade you things. Also, you can save and invite into your group other survivors as well which will benefit you as you can send these NPC's on runs for supplies while you take care of other business. Also, to mention that helping other groups can help yourself by adding helpful tools like calling for backup from military support or having a vehicle dropped of at your location. It's also important to mention some of the cool game play features the developer has added like opening vehicle door while driving to take down wondering zombie hordes or smashing through glass windows of houses to make your getaway from attacking zombies. For once I enjoyed all the melee fighting as I found myself using a bat over a gun most of the time. Story is nothing to get excited about but if its game play you love the most with little restrictions than State Of Decay is your game. There are some technical issues like frame rate issues and other character collision issues but as we speak the developer is committed saying they are always improving the game (first patch has already been released). Not sure if they will be able to fix everything but with that aside I still recommend buying this for the price. Expand
  78. Jun 16, 2013
    For a $20 title this game has blown me away. This would be a 10/10 if I could play with friends online. I really hope the developer can use this as a gateway into a full blown Xbox (Xbox One) MMO style RPG in the future. I will pre-order if they ever announce one.
  79. Jun 16, 2013
    State of Decay has everything a great game should. It has its open world adventure element allowing people to color outside of the lines and really form the picture they want. It has an involving storyline making you feel attached to certain Survivors of the groups and allows you to switch between certain Survivors allowing you to hone their skills and upgrade each member accordingly butState of Decay has everything a great game should. It has its open world adventure element allowing people to color outside of the lines and really form the picture they want. It has an involving storyline making you feel attached to certain Survivors of the groups and allows you to switch between certain Survivors allowing you to hone their skills and upgrade each member accordingly but not in a way that makes you feel confused when switching between characters and you don't have to so it doesn't feel like a chore but more of an achievement or a incentive. The game play is easy as well as friendly making everyone from hardcore gamers to casual gamers enjoys its long haul of a wild storyline. With so many extra things to do and things constantly coming up you will find yourself getting distracted quite often exploring a new region or a new house for supplies or maybe expanding your outposts. Maybe you were helping clear an infestation and you ended up finding some building supplies which you needed to build that new library you wanted. This game has a very strong replay value as you can choose how the story goes. You will always have the same ending but how you get there is all the adventure. I give State of Decay a 8 out of 10. Expand
  80. Jun 16, 2013
    This is an excellent game. It has several technical issues with frame rate etc. but they don't interfere with the gameplay. The amount of content and depth makes buying this for 20$ a no brainer.
  81. Jun 16, 2013
    I decided to pick up state of decay on the day of released, and man, was I surprised at how fun it was. I really enjoy the game mechanics and I had been looking for an open world zombie game like this for a while. Sure, the game has its fair share of graphical mishaps and bugs, but they are very easy to work past and enjoy the game. For an arcade title, there is easily 10-20 hours ofI decided to pick up state of decay on the day of released, and man, was I surprised at how fun it was. I really enjoy the game mechanics and I had been looking for an open world zombie game like this for a while. Sure, the game has its fair share of graphical mishaps and bugs, but they are very easy to work past and enjoy the game. For an arcade title, there is easily 10-20 hours of quality playtime, possibly a lot more if you enjoy scavenging and helping your group of survivors survive..

The developers have been starting to release title updates which improve the graphical bugs and annoyances a lot. Also, they have said they plan to implement co-op into this game which would add even more re-playabilty. So, if you're into zombie games and enjoy open worlds, SoD is a must buy.
  82. Jun 16, 2013
    9/10 because there is no co-op and because of technical issues. But aside from that, it's a great game, and the kind of zombie survival we have been waiting on
  83. Jun 15, 2013
    The IGN review is pretty accurate for this title. I wish it would have been a full budget title, but maybe there will be a sequel. Great fun, but with a few of the pitfalls of all sandbox games.
  84. Jun 15, 2013
    -Graphics- 7/10. The graphics aren't the worst, but they aren't up to par with other Xbox 360 games. Still, the world is vast and beautiful (for a zombie apocalypse, that is), and nothing really looks the same. A lot of diversity with buildings.

-Performance- 7/10. This game has a lot of bugs and frame rate drops, especially while driving in a vehicle. Zombies are seen through walls and doors, and sometimes they are stuck, along with the playable characters. It isn't too distracting, though. Small bugs that really don't kill the game play.

-Game Play- 10/10. This is where it REALLY shines. You have an open world full of zombies, and there are a ton of things you are able to do. You have to scavenge for supplies to help your group of survive, and you always have missions to do, where you can kill zombies, rescue survivors, scavenge for something that your group wants, etc. But this is what really makes the game.

-Sound- 9/10. The sound is great. The zombies sound realistic, and they sound scary when you are trying to sneak around in a house, scavenging and what not. The Screamers really get you, when they let out a piercing scream when they see you. The sound is great for the game.

-Conclusion- Multiplayer really should be added, because it would really make this game a 9 or a 10. But I give it a solid 8/10. The bugs can get annoying at times, but aren't game breaking, and the graphics are definitely not up to par with current Xbox 360 games, but other than that, the game really shines, and is well worth the $20 for it.
  85. Jun 15, 2013
    As a cheap arcade title, this game is worth every penny. It is a step in the right direction for that perfect open world zombie survival game that we have all been waiting for. If Undead Labs continues on doing what they originally implied, then this game is the starting point to a zombie survival MMO called "Class 4" for PC and Xbox 360. The element of survival is always there. Never goAs a cheap arcade title, this game is worth every penny. It is a step in the right direction for that perfect open world zombie survival game that we have all been waiting for. If Undead Labs continues on doing what they originally implied, then this game is the starting point to a zombie survival MMO called "Class 4" for PC and Xbox 360. The element of survival is always there. Never go out alone in concentrated areas or you will never make it. The depth of this game is unprecedented when it comes to weapons, skills, base creation, etc. I give this game a 10 simply because it is a steal for the price. But it does have a few minor issues such as frame rate and lag when entering new areas. Also the combat is a bit lackluster. But this stuff is very easy to overlook once you start getting in to it. Expand
  86. Jun 15, 2013
    State of Decay is definitely a very ambitious and enjoyable game to play. It's gameplay is definitely unique and very easy to get into. The character building system, the base building, and the overall fact of it being an open world sandbox give the player a ton of freedom to play the game the way that they really want to. Another plus for the game is that it's a $20 arcade title that'sState of Decay is definitely a very ambitious and enjoyable game to play. It's gameplay is definitely unique and very easy to get into. The character building system, the base building, and the overall fact of it being an open world sandbox give the player a ton of freedom to play the game the way that they really want to. Another plus for the game is that it's a $20 arcade title that's definitely worth the money. However, the game has several technical issues. There are constant frame rate drops and bugs like zombies clipping through walls and getting stuck between rocks. However, the jank in the game isn't enough to keep it from being a must own arcade title that players will pump a ton of hours into. Expand
  87. Jun 14, 2013
    This is probably one of my favorite Xbox Arcade games in a while... It has a few hiccups and it does take away from the experience here and there, but not enough to bore you. There are a few screen tears and ugly texture pop ins, and some of the environments are just blah. But other than that combat is surprisingly fun and much like Dead Island's combat. I love that you can get overwhelmedThis is probably one of my favorite Xbox Arcade games in a while... It has a few hiccups and it does take away from the experience here and there, but not enough to bore you. There are a few screen tears and ugly texture pop ins, and some of the environments are just blah. But other than that combat is surprisingly fun and much like Dead Island's combat. I love that you can get overwhelmed by just a few zombies it really adds an increased fear of death and losing all the loot you just picked up in a house nearby. I also found myself caring about the characters, not like I did in Telltales The Walking Dead, I felt if I lost one I would struggle to scavenge and to not have a buddy help me kill zombies onslaughts. This game packs so much content in for an Arcade game it could probably be sold on a disc for $20-30. It's something new and different, a fresh take on zombies. The story could be better, but its a zombie game and I didn't expect that much from the plot in the first place. The bottom line, get it and I am sure you will enjoy it for a while. Expand
  88. Jun 14, 2013
    This game deserves the rating I am giving it because, 1. It's fairly cheap and 2. it's different. The zombie genre has seem to become stale and predictable over the last 10 years and the most recent addition 'Dead Island' while fun, was not as good as hyped up to be. What sets this game apart from the others is choice. What do I mean by choice, do you mean what weapons will you use andThis game deserves the rating I am giving it because, 1. It's fairly cheap and 2. it's different. The zombie genre has seem to become stale and predictable over the last 10 years and the most recent addition 'Dead Island' while fun, was not as good as hyped up to be. What sets this game apart from the others is choice. What do I mean by choice, do you mean what weapons will you use and equipment? Yes, but I'm also alluding to the element of real survival. The game play in this small arcade title is one of the most unique I have seen in the zombie franchise. You have to build a fortress, and keep it secure. You have to collect food, medical supplies and ammo for your 'community' to survive; and that's just topping the iceberg. With this game you can literally go in any house and scavenge or find something random.

For example I was in town on a supply run for the base when I came across a house and I heard gun shots inside. Two of my other survivors who I had saved were also on a supply run but were getting trapped. When I entered the house they were dead. Now if I had gone back before and saved them they would of trusted me more and I would gain more influence around the base camp.
    So as you can see.. this is just one small example of the choices and decisions you have to make in this zombie 'survival' game.
  89. Jun 13, 2013
    Some may agree that there are far too many games that include the presence or threat of zombies. Some may agree that the technical issues can sometime become frustrating. However, with the $20 price tag and engrossing gameplay, you can forgive the developers time and time again. I know I have, and I forever will.
  90. Jun 13, 2013
    If anything sums this game up in one sentence it's this: This is a much more difficult GTA clone with zombies in it. You'll spend an enormous amount of time going through everything there is to go through in this game but don't get too side-tracked and expect to take on more than a few zombies at a time. This game is very unforgiving and one wrong move can lead to your character gettingIf anything sums this game up in one sentence it's this: This is a much more difficult GTA clone with zombies in it. You'll spend an enormous amount of time going through everything there is to go through in this game but don't get too side-tracked and expect to take on more than a few zombies at a time. This game is very unforgiving and one wrong move can lead to your character getting killed pretty easily. This is not a bad thing but while other sandbox games encourage exploration of the world, this game is almost the opposite. It wants you to only go out of your home for the bare essentials and come back, basically trying to make it a realistic zombie apocalypse simulator. Two things keep this game from being elite and that are the graphics and the numerous glitches and bugs. First off, the graphics in this game are horrible. PS2 quality graphics at best, and even that's being fairly generous. The bugs on the other hand actually can be game breaking, especially when zombies can morph through walls to eat you. The collision detection in this game is horrendous. Sometimes you'll hit a zombie with your melee weapon and it won't register and others it will while watching the zombies get stuck on every fence they come to can get a little boring after awhile. It feels like the game needed a few extra months of bug testing before they put it out to the mass market. All that aside, this is one of the best games on the 360 right now and, for 20 bucks, you can't go wrong here. The main factor is the sheer amount of gameplay that is involved with this game. You can play this game for days and not even scratch the surface of everything going on with it. The bugs will need to be dealt with in a patch in the future as there are far too many of them in the game as it stands now. But it's not enough of an issue to keep me from recommending it to anyone with a 360. Expand
  91. Jun 12, 2013
    IF you love zombies or survival games GET THIS NOW!! the game is very realistic to the zombie mythos. the story is not the best. There are a lot of glitches like zombies clipping through walls and windows. that also happens with your partner. there is so much to explore like a couple farmhouses small homes gas stations and a city hall. the guns is the game seem underpowered every time iIF you love zombies or survival games GET THIS NOW!! the game is very realistic to the zombie mythos. the story is not the best. There are a lot of glitches like zombies clipping through walls and windows. that also happens with your partner. there is so much to explore like a couple farmhouses small homes gas stations and a city hall. the guns is the game seem underpowered every time i shot even the gun models looked weak. and there are melee weapons too with nails sticking out one end. To baseball bats ammo is scarce across the world for real! the zombies are very dangerous in a group of 1 or 2 you can take them on. But if you encounter a horde on foot your DEAD! And once that character is dead there dead forever. Expand
  92. Jun 12, 2013
    Very intresting game. when i started playing i coundt stop for a few hours. And next day i started it over because of my stupidity which costed me the death of Maya and Marcus
  93. Jun 12, 2013
    A great game for any survival open-world zombie fan. The game starts out very quick and the controls and inventory system are a little bit challenging to get used too, but it gets easier along the way. I got this game a few days ago and already packed in 15 hours and I am not even finished. The game is only 20$ and I believe will eventually get a PC port. I have also heard rumors of aA great game for any survival open-world zombie fan. The game starts out very quick and the controls and inventory system are a little bit challenging to get used too, but it gets easier along the way. I got this game a few days ago and already packed in 15 hours and I am not even finished. The game is only 20$ and I believe will eventually get a PC port. I have also heard rumors of a multiplayer update. Expand
  94. Jun 11, 2013
    Probably one of the best games I have played in a while especially for the price. Of course a $20 game will have its fair share of glitches but they don't affect your gameplay at all. Extremely time consuming and very addicting. The only thing I found frustrating was the length of night. I do think that the game would have been a lot better if it was multiplayer which I heard a rumor thatProbably one of the best games I have played in a while especially for the price. Of course a $20 game will have its fair share of glitches but they don't affect your gameplay at all. Extremely time consuming and very addicting. The only thing I found frustrating was the length of night. I do think that the game would have been a lot better if it was multiplayer which I heard a rumor that they were making and I hope that its true Definitely the best zombie game I have ever played. Would have been cool if you could pick up weapons of the ground like Dead Rising but that's just my opinion all in all amazing game that you can play over and over again and I would not hesitate recommending this to anyone, unless you don't like gore cuz this game is pretty brutal at some times. If u r considering buying this game DO IT! It is definitely worth the money Expand
  95. Jun 11, 2013
    State of Decay has shocked me. I was first skeptical about this game and was wondering whether the £14 price tag was really worth it, well let me tell you. You're in for a ride.

Free Roam, 3RD person, zombie apocalyptic atmosphere and all round brilliant game play mechanics make this game the perfect zombie game we have all been waiting for. Granted it is not perfect with the many bugs and various glitches but for £14 you are getting what you pay for and more. I would go as far to say that this game could have become a full retail game with a rescale of the map and a bit more content but at its standard at the moment, an arcade game going for £14 is perfect and just what consumers are looking for.

Of course, this game would have got a solid 10 from myself if it was not for the one thing every consumer has been begging for, they have emailed, posted on forums and petitioned for something you would think every zombie apocalyptic game would have... Co-Op. It is not there and needs to be, it is such a perfect game to incorporate co-op and is a real shame that was not released at launch, but we can all hold our breaths for a post-release update that will hopefully come our way that includes that game mode we are all waiting for.

That's it really, a great team of developers who are quick and responsive with a Title Update 1 coming just a couple of weeks after release. It is a perfect game at an even more perfect price.
  96. Jun 11, 2013
    There's been a lot of complaints about this game having "game breaking" glitches and graphical problems. That's a load of bull. Yes there are a lot of glitches and graphical problems, but they are all minor compared to everything else. The game is fully playable and is extremely fun. Obviously there could have been more to the game; online capabilities, co-op, more strategic options toThere's been a lot of complaints about this game having "game breaking" glitches and graphical problems. That's a load of bull. Yes there are a lot of glitches and graphical problems, but they are all minor compared to everything else. The game is fully playable and is extremely fun. Obviously there could have been more to the game; online capabilities, co-op, more strategic options to fortifying defenses, more items and control over them, being able to actually make your home base instead of choosing from the 6 (I think that's all) that are available, etc... But regardless of the minor setbacks it's still an amazing game. I am not a fan of the newer generation of "fast zombies", I feel that style to be very boring and unfitting to the whole concept of zombies. And needless to say there is just a never ending supply of fast zombies, but at least the constant threat of being overrun or alerting a zombie horde is present. While playing you will very rarely find yourself with no place that you need to be, but it won't last for long. The sidequests are constant and can sometimes be overwhelming if you're out gathering supplies. And a lot of people have a problem with the perma death if you die. The game's whole focus is survival and the difficulty of surviving during a zombie outbreak. Perma death fits perfectly with that concept. Expand
  97. Jun 11, 2013
    Fantastic game, better and much deeper than I ever expected. I've played several zombie games, but I find this one much more enjoyable than the big budget ones. Contrary to some of the criticism I've read on the net, I love the perma-death feature. Most games today are far too forgiving and as a result, don't create the tense moments that this game delivers. Perma-death will make you thinkFantastic game, better and much deeper than I ever expected. I've played several zombie games, but I find this one much more enjoyable than the big budget ones. Contrary to some of the criticism I've read on the net, I love the perma-death feature. Most games today are far too forgiving and as a result, don't create the tense moments that this game delivers. Perma-death will make you think twice before you attack a herd of zombies, or take a newbie character out far from the base. To the whiners about it being too hard, grow a pair. Great job Undead Labs! Expand
  98. Jun 11, 2013
    This is the best zombie game to be made.16km to explore, fight, and hunt for along having random quests giving to you at anytime. The game is also really hard that is when the stealth element comes in. in order to survive you must use stealth. Now the content where do I begin on the content there is so many things to do like finding survivors, looking for guns and ammo, and so much more.This is the best zombie game to be made.16km to explore, fight, and hunt for along having random quests giving to you at anytime. The game is also really hard that is when the stealth element comes in. in order to survive you must use stealth. Now the content where do I begin on the content there is so many things to do like finding survivors, looking for guns and ammo, and so much more. The game does so much right but of course even the best games have problems let look over the problems. sometimes it may lag and thats about it.
    Pros
    Great graphics
    fun gameplay
    huge world
    lots of content
    and more
    CONS
    lag
    The score
    Even though it lags sometimes, The content is amazing and it is so much fun. I would give this awesome game a 9/10. BTW this is not on PC or PS3 and it is not on disc it is a XBLA (Xbox live arcade) game which means it is a downloable game. And it is only like 15$ (which is about 1600 Microsoft points)
  99. Jun 11, 2013
    To start with, I've been following this game for some time now, eagerly awaiting its arrival long before it was still known as "class3". And i am extremely pleased with what came out of that wait.
    This game is a Xbox Live ARCADE game, many people seem to be forgetting this fact.
    this game does have some flaws (as every other game out there does) but has many brilliant moments to it too.
    To start with the major problem with me was that I felt somewhat rushed while playing the game. Certain resources seemed a little tight at the beginning (ammo and materials) and finding them (especially ammo) took some time, time that I couldn't really spare due to trying to rescue missing survivors, helping people hunt freaks and all the other timed missions that kept popping up every 10-20 minutes of play. I just think that if they need help doing these things, don't leave the house on your own to take down a 10 foot behemoth who wins in a head on collision with a truck...
    Another little annoyance was the bases themselves, only one watchtower per base and you cant even choose who is assigned to it, if i get the choice of putting a guy with a rifle and a guy with a sawn-off i think I'll choose the first, yet I constantly kept finding the latter up there because the rifle wielder had run off to kill a "freak that could be a problem" despite said freak being a full 5 minutes drive away. Little annoyances. Nothing gamebreaking though. And certainly nothing that stopped the game being fun, i mean, yes i did find myself on the long road to the Wilkerson's killing freaks alot more than in town finding food for everyone, but shooting an armless freak in the face before barreling over his posse in my pizza delivery car still brought a smile to my sadistic face.
    Now onto the good.
    extremely beautiful game, ARCADE game remember. yes the frame rate would dip if there were over 15 zed's and a survivor onscreen, its just an incentive to thin their numbers quicker, its a game that you payed £14 or $20 for, don't complain about a little lag every now and then. The animations were very varied and extensive, the RPG element was very detailed (maybe a little overlooked but still certain skills were definitely helpful in a pinch) The story progression was a little strange, waiting for your radio to go off with a new voice shouting a new problem at you, but it still flowed very well.
    All in all State of Decay is an amazing instalment to XBLA, and owning it should be a necessity for everyone who likes zombie games.
    Cant wait to see how the near patches will alter the game, and of course, multiplayer is in the future.
    Well done Undead Labs, your little arcade game has been as fun and in some ways more fun that most full console games of the same genre.
  100. Jun 10, 2013
    [Pros]
    -Driving over zombies is tons of fun
    -Every building is scavengable for items and resources -Perma-death (while painful, it adds a lot to the game) -Noise attracts zombies (stealth is important) -Rpg elements with characters -Upgradable home base -Special zombies that aren't too crazy but are more fun -Hours and hours of gameplay [Cons] -Graphics aren't impressive
    [Pros]
    -Driving over zombies is tons of fun
    -Every building is scavengable for items and resources
    -Perma-death (while painful, it adds a lot to the game)
    -Noise attracts zombies (stealth is important)
    -Rpg elements with characters
    -Upgradable home base
    -Special zombies that aren't too crazy but are more fun
    -Hours and hours of gameplay

[Cons]
    -Graphics aren't impressive
    -Lower framerate at times
    -Some gameplay bugs here and there
    -Some missions repeat themselves after a while

After having played for 15+ hours, I have to say that I've gotten my moneys worth. I still haven't beaten the game, but still enjoying exploring and killing zombies. There are technical issues here and there, but they are releasing a patch that should fix some of them. Try it out and it'll suck you in!

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 7, 2013
    An entertaining zombie apocalypse sandbox. It's a bit rough visually, but makes up for it with a persistent world. [Aug 2013]
  2. Sep 16, 2013
    It's not the most beautiful and polished game, but the end of the world with all it’s small and big problems rarely felt this real.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Sep 4, 2013
    The Last of Us meets The Sims, mashed, salted and served with a few lumps. [Oct 2013, p.64]