7.2

1. Jun 9, 2013
    This is a very good game... I kinda think it is a well done mimic of DayZ but it is done very well and i'm glad I got the game.... It gets updated and for 20 dollars... But it has its problems but the quality is very good I recommend it.
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    Without a doubt this game deserves a good rating, its a combination of all the good zombie game elements. It's got the RTS feeling to it where you have to establish safe havens for other survivors, and for people who are looking for action.. there are zombies around just about every corner. The game also has quite a few horror elements. People who are looking for a game with a lot ofWithout a doubt this game deserves a good rating, its a combination of all the good zombie game elements. It's got the RTS feeling to it where you have to establish safe havens for other survivors, and for people who are looking for action.. there are zombies around just about every corner. The game also has quite a few horror elements. People who are looking for a game with a lot of content are not going to be let down by State of Decay there is a plethora of weapons of all kinds, vehicles, and survivors to mingle with. However this game does come with a few bugs, but if you can see past them this game really does become enjoyable. You can play as just about anybody that you befriend. Speaking of people the game introduces you to life-like people, with their own struggles and emotions, one time I really started to like one of my survivors and while playing as her she was brutally killed in combat- it really hit me like nothing else really has. This just goes to show you how diverse and in-depth the game really goes....

It doesn't stop there new features are going to be introduced to the game including Sandbox Mode, Multiplayer, and a port to PC.
  3. Jun 28, 2013
    Ok this game I could not wait for I was so excited and it came out. I played it a lot it was super fun. Then I started to get overwhelmed with missions and things to do and became too much. This is a good game, and the asking price is not much so if you don't have a ps3 too get The Last Of Us which is way better get this game it is a good zombie game 7.5/10
  4. Jul 21, 2013
    In my last review.. I stated that you can't drive in the game. My apologizes. You can drive in the game. I just wish that there was more variety in the vehicles that you can drive. The game is so broken that it is a blast to play through. Anyway... the game is funny and exciting so definitely give this game a shot!
  5. Jun 7, 2013
    This is the kind of zombie game that ive been waiting for in so many years. In short.

Pros: -Fantastic open world design. -Challenging gameplay. -Home fort management system give you a purpose in the game. -Persistent side-missions system. -Survivors feel alive thanks to a generally good A.I and good voice acting. -Somewhat engaging plot. Cons: -No character creation or

Pros:
    -Fantastic open world design.
    -Challenging gameplay.
    -Home fort management system give you a purpose in the game.
    -Persistent side-missions system.
    -Survivors feel alive thanks to a generally good A.I and good voice acting.
    -Somewhat engaging plot.

Cons:
    -No character creation or appearance customization.
    -Some heavy frame rate and stuttering issue (especially while driving)
    -Occasional glitch like zombies getting stuck in walls or getting through walls.
    -Can get a bit repetitive after a while.
  6. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is truly amazing. I usually don't give praise around to releases like this... its buggy and the framerate is poor but in a way that doesnt affect gameplay. When zombies go through a wall or floor, they dont get STUCK, you can still hit em and then can walk to you still so nothing game breaking occurs, and after a while it feels natural. Everytime I feel like stopping to take aThis game is truly amazing. I usually don't give praise around to releases like this... its buggy and the framerate is poor but in a way that doesnt affect gameplay. When zombies go through a wall or floor, they dont get STUCK, you can still hit em and then can walk to you still so nothing game breaking occurs, and after a while it feels natural. Everytime I feel like stopping to take a break, after 1 hour, I feel like Ive been away for hours. Get this! Expand
  7. Jun 8, 2013
    AMAZING. Best XBLA game out there. TherFe is so much to do, so many things to try, so many missions/quest that are meaningful, tension and fear are high because of permanent death, I would even go as far to compare it to day z. Way better and more stable than day z in it's current state. Not to mention a lot more fun than surviving for 8 hours then getting sniped by some ass head campingAMAZING. Best XBLA game out there. TherFe is so much to do, so many things to try, so many missions/quest that are meaningful, tension and fear are high because of permanent death, I would even go as far to compare it to day z. Way better and more stable than day z in it's current state. Not to mention a lot more fun than surviving for 8 hours then getting sniped by some ass head camping on top of a water tower chuckling to himself (day z). 10/10 best game I have played in a long time. Expand
  8. Aug 15, 2013
    For a game with it's fair share of bugs and niggling little issues I really enjoyed my playthrough. It's got a fresh take on the way you explore and I liked the inclusion of being able to switch between characters due to the well implemented fatigue and damage mechanics. The storyline is 'safe' for a zombie survival game and the characters at least tried to have some personality. For anFor a game with it's fair share of bugs and niggling little issues I really enjoyed my playthrough. It's got a fresh take on the way you explore and I liked the inclusion of being able to switch between characters due to the well implemented fatigue and damage mechanics. The storyline is 'safe' for a zombie survival game and the characters at least tried to have some personality. For an arcade release I couldn't have expected much more. Expand
  9. Jun 11, 2013
    Fantastic game, better and much deeper than I ever expected. I've played several zombie games, but I find this one much more enjoyable than the big budget ones. Contrary to some of the criticism I've read on the net, I love the perma-death feature. Most games today are far too forgiving and as a result, don't create the tense moments that this game delivers. Perma-death will make you thinkFantastic game, better and much deeper than I ever expected. I've played several zombie games, but I find this one much more enjoyable than the big budget ones. Contrary to some of the criticism I've read on the net, I love the perma-death feature. Most games today are far too forgiving and as a result, don't create the tense moments that this game delivers. Perma-death will make you think twice before you attack a herd of zombies, or take a newbie character out far from the base. To the whiners about it being too hard, grow a pair. Great job Undead Labs! Expand
  10. Jun 8, 2013
    Perfect 10 this game is not, but I have it a 10 for the fact this game gave Me totally unique experiences I've never had in gaming & I've been gaming since original NES!!! So assuming you know what the game is about I'll set up the premise of My experience...I'm about 10-12hrs into the game, I've finally moved bases & My main character Marcus (the guy you start with) is fully maxed & aPerfect 10 this game is not, but I have it a 10 for the fact this game gave Me totally unique experiences I've never had in gaming & I've been gaming since original NES!!! So assuming you know what the game is about I'll set up the premise of My experience...I'm about 10-12hrs into the game, I've finally moved bases & My main character Marcus (the guy you start with) is fully maxed & a real badass. It's late night during the zombie apocalypse & I'm cruising in what looks like a sweet 67 chevelle ss or something similar. My car is slightly on fire but nowhere near exploding & I was being cautious avoiding zombies as to not further damage My sweet muscle car that I was planning on parking so My workshop could do some repairs overnight. Low & behold I'm going down a dark road & the frickin road runs out & I crash into a deep ravine upon which My car explodes & Marcus, the main zombie slayer of My crew, dies instantly. I was in utter shock. Once it wore off I realized how amazingly cool this game truly is for providing Me such a powerful moment in gaming history!!! Totally unique, never felt anything quite like it. I could of course just have continued without him, but therein lies the genius of State of Decay. I WANTED to start a new game, I wanted to take all My knowledge gained & apply it again in a fresh play through & make sure My main man Marcus didnt make such a painfully tragic mid-game death, & so I went back to menu & pressed "start new game" & was never happier to be replaying it all over again for a better result. Now about 8hrs in I'm further than I was before & Marcus is alive & kicking major ass!!! This game isn't technically flawless, but it has so much under the hood you can easily forgive a few scratches in the paint!!!

Please support Undead Labs!!!! This game MUST be added onto & made into the superb MMO it is meant to be!!!! Fair warning: atmosphere & emotion drive this game, if you are a boring person who finds no pleasure in danger, fear of death, & constant conflict in gaming then go back to your linear & predictable big-name franchises & let the game hold your hand til your dead. This is a balls-to-the-wall survival-horror rpg that plays like a run-down GTA. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! You may want to play some more CoD or Gears until you're 90, but I'm supporting FRESH IDEAS & the companies that TAKE RISKS to offer bold new gameplay!!!
  11. Jun 18, 2013
    First thing first: State of Decay is an XBOX Live Arcade game. And when I say it I mean: ARCADE. GAME. It's simple, ugly, low-budget, choppy, with a horrible engine. Now, even after that, State of Decay manages to bring a compelling open-world, with many characters and iterations in the story. One doesn't feel like one's surviving (I blame single player for that) like in other gamesFirst thing first: State of Decay is an XBOX Live Arcade game. And when I say it I mean: ARCADE. GAME. It's simple, ugly, low-budget, choppy, with a horrible engine. Now, even after that, State of Decay manages to bring a compelling open-world, with many characters and iterations in the story. One doesn't feel like one's surviving (I blame single player for that) like in other games (DayZ, The War Z, etc). It's more like a smash-n-grab looting simulator placed in a zombie apocalypse. A kind of Grand Theft Auto meets Left 4 Dead, but not quite. It has something more. Something that adds replayability. And that's a very important factor in an XBOX Live Arcade game, specially for one worth 20 bucks. It makes you come back to check on it after a while.

I'd say "grab it while on sale" but XBOX doesn't have any sales unless you're gold, and chances are it won't be on sale any time soon so I'l say "grab it if you're a zombie fan".
  12. Jun 11, 2013
    State of Decay has shocked me. I was first skeptical about this game and was wondering whether the £14 price tag was really worth it, well let me tell you. You're in for a ride.

Free Roam, 3RD person, zombie apocalyptic atmosphere and all round brilliant game play mechanics make this game the perfect zombie game we have all been waiting for. Granted it is not perfect with the many bugs and various glitches but for £14 you are getting what you pay for and more. I would go as far to say that this game could have become a full retail game with a rescale of the map and a bit more content but at its standard at the moment, an arcade game going for £14 is perfect and just what consumers are looking for.

Of course, this game would have got a solid 10 from myself if it was not for the one thing every consumer has been begging for, they have emailed, posted on forums and petitioned for something you would think every zombie apocalyptic game would have... Co-Op. It is not there and needs to be, it is such a perfect game to incorporate co-op and is a real shame that was not released at launch, but we can all hold our breaths for a post-release update that will hopefully come our way that includes that game mode we are all waiting for.

That's it really, a great team of developers who are quick and responsive with a Title Update 1 coming just a couple of weeks after release. It is a perfect game at an even more perfect price.
  13. Jun 15, 2013
    -Graphics- 7/10. The graphics aren't the worst, but they aren't up to par with other Xbox 360 games. Still, the world is vast and beautiful (for a zombie apocalypse, that is), and nothing really looks the same. A lot of diversity with buildings.

-Performance- 7/10. This game has a lot of bugs and frame rate drops, especially while driving in a vehicle. Zombies are seen through walls and doors, and sometimes they are stuck, along with the playable characters. It isn't too distracting, though. Small bugs that really don't kill the game play.

-Game Play- 10/10. This is where it REALLY shines. You have an open world full of zombies, and there are a ton of things you are able to do. You have to scavenge for supplies to help your group of survive, and you always have missions to do, where you can kill zombies, rescue survivors, scavenge for something that your group wants, etc. But this is what really makes the game.

-Sound- 9/10. The sound is great. The zombies sound realistic, and they sound scary when you are trying to sneak around in a house, scavenging and what not. The Screamers really get you, when they let out a piercing scream when they see you. The sound is great for the game.

-Conclusion- Multiplayer really should be added, because it would really make this game a 9 or a 10. But I give it a solid 8/10. The bugs can get annoying at times, but aren't game breaking, and the graphics are definitely not up to par with current Xbox 360 games, but other than that, the game really shines, and is well worth the $20 for it.
  14. Jun 12, 2013
    Very intresting game. when i started playing i coundt stop for a few hours. And next day i started it over because of my stupidity which costed me the death of Maya and Marcus
  15. Jun 16, 2013
    For a $20 title this game has blown me away. This would be a 10/10 if I could play with friends online. I really hope the developer can use this as a gateway into a full blown Xbox (Xbox One) MMO style RPG in the future. I will pre-order if they ever announce one.
  16. Jun 7, 2013
    State of Decay brings much needed innovation and diversity to the survival horror genre by implementing so many features and executes them so well. A dynamic open world dynamic missions and events. The perfect mix of difficulty and fun along with managing a community of survivors and a bunker while switching between certain ones (which this game does not get credit for doing so well) andState of Decay brings much needed innovation and diversity to the survival horror genre by implementing so many features and executes them so well. A dynamic open world dynamic missions and events. The perfect mix of difficulty and fun along with managing a community of survivors and a bunker while switching between certain ones (which this game does not get credit for doing so well) and even an rpg system in place to make every playable character feel unique and not another person who can shoot guns and wave bats. The combat is serviceable and really feels like you are fighting zombies one or two at a time a steel pipe to the face can be enough. Five or more zeds and you shoot an I suppressed gun you can see yourself in an in winnable situation... And that's what survival horror has been trying to accomplish all this time. Now you can draw comparisons to dayZ but dayZ only provides the open world factor while state of decay has this (in a smaller package) it all has a plethora of other features that work really well. This game unlike many others today does no handholding so any reviews you read saying that the game does not execute its base building and community management features most likely doesn't take sometime to read and use some perception. This all being said the game suffers from minor clipping and pop ins when driving at high speeds but the technical blemishes can be easily overlooked especially for a game this fun and well executed the AI is intelligent the GI reviewer most likely was already compromised by zeds when he said his companions wouldn't sneak with him as the AI will do what is most reasonable for survival. Why another neat little thing is sending some of your survivors (some that can be switched into being played may I remind you) on supply runs well my runner was in a building surrounded by a horde but the AI took a long route home sneaking most of the way and even bringing a car back home! So those complaints are unfounded. If you can look past technical blemishes for a very open fleshed out constant fear-thrill ride that is state of decay chances are you'll be so caught up searching for supplies and running many missions to notice a zombie arm or a tree popping in. While these thing can get severe they happen rarely and personally to not get in the way of enjoying the unique forary into survival horror. If you're all about having a fun experience like you've never had before you won't even notice that zombie arm in a window. Expand
  17. Jun 8, 2013
    This game is definitely worth the 20$. There are so many different things to do in this open world zombie game, and it all affects you or the people you are surviving with. The game does have a slight learning curve to it but once you get past it (and the graphical problems at times) the game is worth much more than just 20$. The game is very time consuming and you can get attached to yourThis game is definitely worth the 20$. There are so many different things to do in this open world zombie game, and it all affects you or the people you are surviving with. The game does have a slight learning curve to it but once you get past it (and the graphical problems at times) the game is worth much more than just 20$. The game is very time consuming and you can get attached to your character(s). There is some great aspects, such as the perma-death feature, it makes it seem much more dangerous considering the fact that if you die with the character you are in you can't get them or their skills back, and have to use another character, you can still retrieve their items from their bodies though if you go to them. The combat is a good mix of melee and shooting, considering the fact that ammo will run out very fast you have the feeling that you need to make ammo count. The shelter that you can manage and manage the survivors within is another piece on this great game, as you must manage the people's needs, and help them if they get in a tough spot outside of the shelter, for they can also die. You can send other survivor to gather supplies however it is very risky. Over all the game is very time consuming, having all the tasks you must do to keep you and the other survivors alive, it is worth much more than 20$, and is a great game for any zombie game lovers out there. Expand
  18. Jun 9, 2013
    State of Decay is an awesome game. The huge open world, the tons of characters with unique traits, the fun of killing zombies, and the fear and suspense of sneaking around them. I've been waiting for a zombie game like this. One where you actually have to survive. There is a game on PC like this called DayZ except its not a game it's only a mod for a game which you need a good computer toState of Decay is an awesome game. The huge open world, the tons of characters with unique traits, the fun of killing zombies, and the fear and suspense of sneaking around them. I've been waiting for a zombie game like this. One where you actually have to survive. There is a game on PC like this called DayZ except its not a game it's only a mod for a game which you need a good computer to run. This is the closet thing to a true zombie apocalypse simulator you will find on consoles. It's like playing in The Walking Dead tv show, except the writing is not up to that level which is ok, because the gameplay is so entertaining. Graphically it's unimpressive. The graphics look outdated and there are some glitches which I rarely encountered. I think it's less of a lack of polish and more of that this game is so huge and is so ambitious and it mostly succeeds. But the graphical glitches certainly do not take away from the overall experience. One thing that does though, dumb AI. Other "survivors" or people in your community will constantly get in your way or randomly go missing where you have to track them down like a lost dog repetitively. Apparently these survivors of the apocalypse are to stupid to make it back home on their own or take shelter in a safe house or "outpost". I literally had a guy run out the gate of my community and it said he was missing. I don't know why the developers thought this would be enjoyable. There are other small things like there is no multiplayer as of yet but it could be brought later with an update, this game is practically yelling co-op. I would also like to see more types of weapons like bows and crossbows (so I can go Daryl Dixon on them zeds) and the ability to assign members of the community to go on missions and supply runs and patrol and wipe out hordes so I don't have to do everything. All in all these minor things and outdated graphics keep it from getting a perfect score but the sheer entertainment value gets it a 9. If this is Undead labs first shot at a game I can't wait to see what they do with their next game code named class4 until then, try not to get ripped apart Expand
  19. Jun 9, 2013
    The zombie game the masses have been waiting for. Yes, there are annoying glitches. Yes, there are graphical issues that cause frame-rate problems and pop in textures. Yes, some of the cut-scenes are hilariously bad. Yes, you can't bring survivors with you unless it is a specially designed mission. Fear not the developers are already pushing out a title update that will fix numerousThe zombie game the masses have been waiting for. Yes, there are annoying glitches. Yes, there are graphical issues that cause frame-rate problems and pop in textures. Yes, some of the cut-scenes are hilariously bad. Yes, you can't bring survivors with you unless it is a specially designed mission. Fear not the developers are already pushing out a title update that will fix numerous bugs. I respect your opinion to purchase games that you feel are worth it, but at $20 this is one of the best 10 games to come out this year regardless of platform.

The gameplay of State of Decay offers so much to a player. Do you love action games where your goal is to kill thousands of zombies? Check. Do you love simulation games where it is your job to manage resources and people? Check. Do you love action-rpg games? Check. Do you love open world games? Check. Do you love games that offer you choice on how to handle situations? Check.

The graphics have issues. That is probably limited to the size of the game (XBLA games have a 2 GB limit). However, the graphics are still above many other games and have some truly brilliant moments. The day/night cycle produce some backdrops and images that really show off the engine and the skills of Undead Labs.

I tried to keep this review under a 1,000 characters. (I failed). I attempted to point out all of the flaws of the game, so for anyone who reads the review, would know about some of the game's deficiencies. With that being said, State of Decay is an instant classic and hopefully will be the beginning of an amazing franchise. This game could easily have sold for much more and still been well worth it. Do yourself a favor and pick up State of Decay.
  20. Dec
    Jun 9, 2013
    Best zombie simulator game out there. Finally a game where you have to take everything in account and not just go shooting zombies with a mini gun with infinite ammo.
  21. Jun 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this game! It offers a difficulty that is realistic and provides incentives for ingenuity, stealth, resource management, and combat prowess. The only reason I didn't give this game a higher rating than an 8/10 is that it does have some bugs, glitches, and it's fair share of technical problems. Seeing as how these problems are being addressed by the development team and they're also taking suggestions and input from the community on ways to improve the game further, I think I may give it an unofficial 9/10. I've read a few other reviews on here, and the ones who gave it a negative review (Disappointed246 and Hopry) I believe just didn't know how to play a game. Yes, it is difficult, but not impossible. I played through without a single casualty, other than those that were scripted. As for poor frame rate and less-than ultra-modern graphics, IT'S A FRICKIN $20 XBLA GAME! I've played commercial games that cost $60 and they were way worse than SoD, so get over it. They game is fantastic, difficult, and fun to play. I'd give it 3 thumbs up, but I'm not a freak. Enjoy! Expand
  22. Jun 9, 2013
    State of decay is basically if you took dead island mixed it with tell tale games walking dead and add a huge world to explore. It may have a rocky start but it is fun and addictive let me tell you why. Its one of the first zombie games Ive played that has rpg elements and type features. You may argue dead island has but that feels much more fake when state of decay gives you cardio andState of decay is basically if you took dead island mixed it with tell tale games walking dead and add a huge world to explore. It may have a rocky start but it is fun and addictive let me tell you why. Its one of the first zombie games Ive played that has rpg elements and type features. You may argue dead island has but that feels much more fake when state of decay gives you cardio and fighting and wits to make things easier for you if you get your wits up you search things fast. You also have a base with survivors that you need to take care of. You do this by going on supply runs which is my favorite part about this game exploring for supplies it captures the feel of a zombie apocalypse perfectly. It feels like zombieland more than anything. For example i was out in the forest when i came along a road and saw a supermarket across the street which had medicine and food i ran towards it when a horde spotted me i ran into the super market to be greeted with more i killed some grabbed the supplies ran outside found a truck and hightailed my ass out of there. Moments like these is what makes the game fun. But this game has some glitches and bugs holding it back a little once these get patched though its a 10 out of 10 game for me but even now i suggest you go and buy it its great Expand
  23. Jun 9, 2013
    This is actually a pretty fantastic game. There are some bugs that need to be worked out, but seriously what brand new game doesn't? The variation of the characters is pretty amazing (better than Walking Dead that's for sure) and you definitely feel connected to them and to the game. Weapons are nice and I love gathering essential items for everyday survival.
    Good Job UndeadLabs!!!!!
  24. Jun 9, 2013
    Some annoying flaws keep this game from being a sublime "true" horror-survival game. That said, its still one of the best zombie games. What it does attempt is great, and where it falters can be mostly fixed with a patch or three.
    The combat is functional, but not particularly fun. The zombies start off kind of laughable, but soon their ability to 'hear' you can draw waves of them to your current location. Some run, some jump for your neck. Its not so easy to get away. Two zombies is not such a chore, but a 'special' zombie or 4 regular ones (or more) and maybe discretion is the better part of valor.
    I disliked the rushed pace the missions were given to me, barking on the radio about them frequently and unlocking sometimes 5 at a time. Some missions have a shelf-life, but you don't know which ones will expire.

+positives
    The base building is pretty well done, many options and dealing with morale and moods
    Scavenging is fun and often needed
    Tons of items to hoard
    Many weapons, ranged and melee. They can break but there is a way to repair them.
    Its got a learning curve, and sometimes its hard, thats a good thing sometimes.

-negatives
    The lack of a wingman really hurts(or even a small team), you have to do nearly all the misisons alone.
    Radio girl wants you to do all the missions, NOW
    Some of the team building issues 'anger management' come up a bit too frequently
    Cars are fairly finite, but quite OP. Way better than grenades.
    Decent graphics, but zombies clip through walls, half-vanish through front porch, such oddities.
  25. Jun 9, 2013
    This game has been such a fun experience. I have been waiting for a game like this for ages. After playing Day Z and War Z this one felt just right. The thing that made this game different was that it actually had a story line. Also it had many different missions to do and you had to use your survival skills. Even the survivors had different back stories and you can even play as them. YourThis game has been such a fun experience. I have been waiting for a game like this for ages. After playing Day Z and War Z this one felt just right. The thing that made this game different was that it actually had a story line. Also it had many different missions to do and you had to use your survival skills. Even the survivors had different back stories and you can even play as them. Your base is also made your way. In fact the whole game is shaped on your choices! If you like anything that has zombies and a great story line then buy this game. Expand
  26. Jun 9, 2013
    Overall, I rate this game a 9.7 out of 10 based on a personal rating system. I strongly suggest buying this game if you like realistic survival-horror, zombies, or DayZ. I typically don’t return to games after completing them, but I will most likely be playing this game through a few times even after a completion.

The Seattle-based developer Undead Labs and legendary composer Jesper Kyd

The Seattle-based developer Undead Labs and legendary composer Jesper Kyd teamed up to “create the definitive zombie-survival game for gamers”, and I feel confident in saying they have done so. Between the many hours of gaming and the fantastic soundtrack, State of Decay sucks you in to the gaming experience so well that you will forget to eat or sleep. While not flawless, the game could easily become one of the best and most realistic zombie-survival games ever made.

Full review here: http://iyellatreviews.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/spoilers-ahead-a-review-of-state-of-decay/
  27. Jul 11, 2013
    One of the best downloadable games I've played. It is really realistic, not to DayZ standards, but still great. Wish it had coop though, would make it a lot better
  28. Jun 11, 2013
    To start with, I've been following this game for some time now, eagerly awaiting its arrival long before it was still known as "class3". And i am extremely pleased with what came out of that wait.
    This game is a Xbox Live ARCADE game, many people seem to be forgetting this fact.
    this game does have some flaws (as every other game out there does) but has many brilliant moments to it too.
    To start with the major problem with me was that I felt somewhat rushed while playing the game. Certain resources seemed a little tight at the beginning (ammo and materials) and finding them (especially ammo) took some time, time that I couldn't really spare due to trying to rescue missing survivors, helping people hunt freaks and all the other timed missions that kept popping up every 10-20 minutes of play. I just think that if they need help doing these things, don't leave the house on your own to take down a 10 foot behemoth who wins in a head on collision with a truck...
    Another little annoyance was the bases themselves, only one watchtower per base and you cant even choose who is assigned to it, if i get the choice of putting a guy with a rifle and a guy with a sawn-off i think I'll choose the first, yet I constantly kept finding the latter up there because the rifle wielder had run off to kill a "freak that could be a problem" despite said freak being a full 5 minutes drive away. Little annoyances. Nothing gamebreaking though. And certainly nothing that stopped the game being fun, i mean, yes i did find myself on the long road to the Wilkerson's killing freaks alot more than in town finding food for everyone, but shooting an armless freak in the face before barreling over his posse in my pizza delivery car still brought a smile to my sadistic face.
    Now onto the good.
    extremely beautiful game, ARCADE game remember. yes the frame rate would dip if there were over 15 zed's and a survivor onscreen, its just an incentive to thin their numbers quicker, its a game that you payed £14 or $20 for, don't complain about a little lag every now and then. The animations were very varied and extensive, the RPG element was very detailed (maybe a little overlooked but still certain skills were definitely helpful in a pinch) The story progression was a little strange, waiting for your radio to go off with a new voice shouting a new problem at you, but it still flowed very well.
    All in all State of Decay is an amazing instalment to XBLA, and owning it should be a necessity for everyone who likes zombie games.
    Cant wait to see how the near patches will alter the game, and of course, multiplayer is in the future.
    Well done Undead Labs, your little arcade game has been as fun and in some ways more fun that most full console games of the same genre.
  29. Jun 11, 2013
    This is the best zombie game to be made.16km to explore, fight, and hunt for along having random quests giving to you at anytime. The game is also really hard that is when the stealth element comes in. in order to survive you must use stealth. Now the content where do I begin on the content there is so many things to do like finding survivors, looking for guns and ammo, and so much more.This is the best zombie game to be made.16km to explore, fight, and hunt for along having random quests giving to you at anytime. The game is also really hard that is when the stealth element comes in. in order to survive you must use stealth. Now the content where do I begin on the content there is so many things to do like finding survivors, looking for guns and ammo, and so much more. The game does so much right but of course even the best games have problems let look over the problems. sometimes it may lag and thats about it.
    Pros
    Great graphics
    fun gameplay
    huge world
    lots of content
    and more
    CONS
    lag
    The score
    Even though it lags sometimes, The content is amazing and it is so much fun. I would give this awesome game a 9/10. BTW this is not on PC or PS3 and it is not on disc it is a XBLA (Xbox live arcade) game which means it is a downloable game. And it is only like 15$ (which is about 1600 Microsoft points)
  30. Jun 11, 2013
    I'm really down with the whole realistic zombie survival thing we have going at the moment across most platforms. This game while undeniably buggy in places does a very good job at making the tension run high due to prema death. After you work on a character for quite a few hours and lose them it feels like that time u lost your best man in Xcom. where the game seems to fall short is the aI'm really down with the whole realistic zombie survival thing we have going at the moment across most platforms. This game while undeniably buggy in places does a very good job at making the tension run high due to prema death. After you work on a character for quite a few hours and lose them it feels like that time u lost your best man in Xcom. where the game seems to fall short is the a few menu systems. The whole build up your home base idea is fantastic but a little confusing at first. Put it this way i knew i had to get mats to build with and i knew the mats were the little blocks in the menu screen. but i wasnt quite sure where to get them. I finally realized after exploration i needed to get the bulk from building sites and such which is pretty obvious when i think about it. But there was nothing that told me this in the beginning (at least nothing i noticed) i only found out after exploration which is also great but there was still no hint at this. Now im not saying i need my hand held through all games i play not at all i love the freedom its great. The thing is these things don't stand out when they are an integral part of the game. a casual gamer will just skim the surface of these things and not look twice. And this is a shame because this adds so much more depth to the game. On the side of glitches i never really ran into game breakers. Although i did have a glitch where on of my towns people i sent on a mission to pick up supplies. It was just after u move to the church and she moved all the way to the top of the map i didn't tell here to go here) and just stayed there. I went up to find her and she was just standing there till i arrived at which point she ran into a wall and stayed there. She did not come back to the home town again till i moved base again. Like i said not game breaking but very frustrating. Also had a few zombies with bad path-finding similar to that of day Z but still not to bad. that's the bad done so now onto the good. I really liked the looting system the fact u could rush the process but it makes more noise and attracts more Zs very cool. The freedom of the map was excellent, being able to go into every building i found was very satisfying in a exploration sense. The building of your base as confusing as it could be was great and the stat boost that came with it was very welcome. The leveling system was similar to that of skyrim, use a skill more often and you'll level it up faster. And perma death like i said earlier, i love perma death i think it adds a tension you cant get any other way. any game with this option i always use it and to then move onto a new character when you die and have to run back to grab the loot from the dead player was great. all in all i really enjoyed my time here with a few minor bug fixes this game could be much better. But in the end its a fantastic zombie survival game if your not sick of bashing in zombies brains and shooting them in the face this is a must have Expand

1. Oct 7, 2013
    An entertaining zombie apocalypse sandbox. It's a bit rough visually, but makes up for it with a persistent world. [Aug 2013]
  2. Sep 16, 2013
    It's not the most beautiful and polished game, but the end of the world with all it’s small and big problems rarely felt this real.
  3. Sep 4, 2013
    The Last of Us meets The Sims, mashed, salted and served with a few lumps. [Oct 2013, p.64]