4.3

1. Mar 6, 2012
    This game is simply amazing. Everything I want in a fighting game and more. Sure people are upset over the DLC being on disc already but they already give you enough content to satisfy your needs. Great game overall, I recommend anyone buy it.
  2. Mar 7, 2012
    Great roster of 38 characters from Sf and tekken, awesome gameplay, and nice visuals.. If you a fan for fighting games, this is a game for you.. But you want to know why I am NOT getting this game? Greed.. Of all of Capcom fighting games with DLC, this has to be worst.. It is truly sad and pathetic that Capcom would this low.. Great game ruined by a company that cares ONLY about theGreat roster of 38 characters from Sf and tekken, awesome gameplay, and nice visuals.. If you a fan for fighting games, this is a game for you.. But you want to know why I am NOT getting this game? Greed.. Of all of Capcom fighting games with DLC, this has to be worst.. It is truly sad and pathetic that Capcom would this low.. Great game ruined by a company that cares ONLY about the money.. Redbox/ Gameplay rental.. Wait for Super Expand
  3. Mar 7, 2012
    The game is good. Lots to do with solid gameplay. The XBOX 360 version is lacking one of the main online features. The couch co-op online mode has been taken out completely from the Xbox 360 version, even though it was advertised to have this feature. Also the instruction book that comes with the game lists the feature and goes into detail about how to use it.
  4. Mar 6, 2012
    How in hell can someone rate this game a 0 (zero)? Thats dumb. Every game has at least deserved a 1-2. Its actually ignorance to downvote because the DLC is on the disc... there are other games who dont have it on the disc (mortal kombat) and there the problem is, not everyone gets the DLC so you cant use the new characters even if you get them by yourself. And THAT sucks, i cant use myHow in hell can someone rate this game a 0 (zero)? Thats dumb. Every game has at least deserved a 1-2. Its actually ignorance to downvote because the DLC is on the disc... there are other games who dont have it on the disc (mortal kombat) and there the problem is, not everyone gets the DLC so you cant use the new characters even if you get them by yourself. And THAT sucks, i cant use my DLC characters online because some ppl are to dumb or lazy to download some DLC packs to make sure that others can use them online. If the DLC is in some form on the disc, this can not happen. So... some people are really that ignorant and dumb to rate a 0 because of that. Expand
  5. Mar 10, 2012
    They locked 12 characters who are on the disc to give us the opportunity to pay extra to unlock them later. This practice needs to stop before we are paying extra for every game that these companies release. They're selling us part of a game, and we deserve better for our money.
  6. Mar 9, 2012
    ON-DISC DLC CHARACTERS THAT ARE BASICALLY COMPLETE SAVE FOR SOUNDS (EVEN THE **** CGI ENDING MOVIES ARE FINISHED)
    FALSE ADVERTISEMENT CLAIMS THAT THE XBOX 360 VERSION GOT PAIR PLAY FEATURE

Do not want

Capcom can go drown in the DLC abyss they seem to have fallen in mad love with. I feel sorry for the 360 fans.
  7. Mar 7, 2012
    I do NOT accept Capcom's idea that $60 is not enough money for a game. Locking on disc content behind an additional pay wall is just plain GREED. SFXT is fun and I do like it but I will not buy, or recommend to play a game that is only helping to push the industry as a whole toward greater levels of avarice. Namco seems to be the only company making fighting games that has its fans,I do NOT accept Capcom's idea that $60 is not enough money for a game. Locking on disc content behind an additional pay wall is just plain GREED. SFXT is fun and I do like it but I will not buy, or recommend to play a game that is only helping to push the industry as a whole toward greater levels of avarice. Namco seems to be the only company making fighting games that has its fans, company reputation and long term survival of its IP's in mind when it makes and prices its games. I for one am done buying ANYTHING from Capcom. Expand
  8. Mar 15, 2012
    Capcom did it again, they took a **** in ur mouth by locking 12 characters on the disc which later on gonna be sold as premium DLC. I thought DLC stands for DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT.
  9. Mar 11, 2012
    Bad news for everyone about the DLC (Disc Locked Content). You basically have to pay twice if you want all the characters. In the UK it's £40 ($63) for the game, and then probably another £10-20 to unlock all the content on the disc in a few weeks time. Gamers need to realise how much DLC is costing them
  10. Mar 7, 2012
    I gotta admit to being fairly disappointed with Street Fighter x Tekken. :/

The moves list feels incredibly limited for all characters and I keep getting interrupted by the thought that Namco will do much better with theirs.

The UI isn't exactly user friendly with many "standard" options from past Capcom titles not present.

The whole thing just feels glaringly not finished.
  11. Mar 13, 2012
    I thought Day 1 DLC was bad but Disc Locked Content is even worse. Wow. I am glad I got warned and did not get it. Was the game a little fun at my friends house? Yes, yes it was. Does that make it ok to get ripped off? Not to me it doesn't. I will warn people away however I can.
  12. Mar 23, 2012
    I gave this game a 3 because its still a great game but NOT for the Xbox.

Capcom completely neglected the play with a friend online feature for the Xbox 360 because of its "architecture". So basically you're buying a UNFINISHED version of Street Fighter x Tekken if you get it for the Xbox. So far I've been ranting about this in the capcom thread and asking them to at least work on fixing
    I gave this game a 3 because its still a great game but NOT for the Xbox.

So far I've been ranting about this in the capcom thread and asking them to at least work on fixing this but they just say no. Generally the game is solid, as a matter in fact it's actually a great game! But the way Capcom is handling it is very crappy.

So if you're planning to get this game and expect to play with your friend.. NOPE and no Capcom is not planning on patching it

Sven post at the bottom.

Get this game for the PS3 since it has all the exclusives for this game... *sighhh i wish capcom fixes it.. but in all, they dont care. Neither should you for this game
  13. Mar 12, 2012
    I'm a super fan of SF and I was very excited about this game until I knew that it would be sold in pieces, so **** this **** game and **** Crapcom!!!
  14. Mar 18, 2012
    This game is a joke, inputs don't work (back/down, up/forward, etc) , online is so bad its amazing it passed xbox quality testing. The online experience is plagued with poor sound issues that don't correlate to what is occurring on screen, the lack of co-op mode that was falsely advertised is another sad issue coupled with the fact that Capcom's idiot Vp Svensson said its not possible onThis game is a joke, inputs don't work (back/down, up/forward, etc) , online is so bad its amazing it passed xbox quality testing. The online experience is plagued with poor sound issues that don't correlate to what is occurring on screen, the lack of co-op mode that was falsely advertised is another sad issue coupled with the fact that Capcom's idiot Vp Svensson said its not possible on the 360 then backtracked after it was pointed out that infact several games do the same exact thing he claims isn't' possible then says that he isn't getting a clear message from his developers? (source - Eventhubs) LMAO what and idiot, your companies flagship product and you don't understand what is going on? . I can't remember the last time any company messed up a big time release so bad. They did manage to find the time to finish all their post release DLC during production of this pathetic product that should be sold at the $1 store. I don't have a problem with them finishing DLC and putting it on the DISC, I have a problem that they spent their time creating DLC instead of making a game that works. Who is going to by your DLC? Capcom has lied to the entire community through Svensson, Seth Killian, and Ono. Biggest Let Down of The Year Winner right here. Expand
  15. Mar 11, 2012
    **BIGGEST DISSAPOINTMENT IN A FIGHTING GAME** I rarely do reviews, but I have to warn people of a major risk: IF YOU ARE MORE A FAN OF TEKKEN THAN SF, YOU WILL BE EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED! This is the risk of a crossover fighting game with COMPLETELY different styles. One is a glossy, smooth fighitng game thats eaiser and less for the hardcore crowd (TEKKEN). The other is the cell-shaded,**BIGGEST DISSAPOINTMENT IN A FIGHTING GAME** I rarely do reviews, but I have to warn people of a major risk: IF YOU ARE MORE A FAN OF TEKKEN THAN SF, YOU WILL BE EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED! This is the risk of a crossover fighting game with COMPLETELY different styles. One is a glossy, smooth fighitng game thats eaiser and less for the hardcore crowd (TEKKEN). The other is the cell-shaded, big combo, hard core based fighting game (SF). This is nothing more than SF with additional fighters using Tekken skins. Nothing has been carried over from Tekken. MAJOR letdown if you're not a huge SF fan and love the gameplay of Tekken. Expand
  16. Mar 11, 2012
    I hope someday the people realized that capcom is a company send direct from the deep part of Hell!!! for torture of our poor Gamer´s Souls. witch his Incomplete games and his stupid DLC.
  17. Mar 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first played this game I was really impressed. The gameplay was excellent, the graphics were just as good as SSF4's and the music reminded me of my arcade days. But then...I got more in depth with the game and realized it's not all it's cranked up to be! I tested the mechanics which seemed good at first, but later on I discovered that some SF characters have significant advantages over their Tekken counterparts. Every time I play as a Tekken team I find the game difficult to play, especially against the final Boss, but when I play as a SF team it's often very easy and their final Boss is such a push over compared to team Tekken's! The Arcade mode story was alright, but could of had more crossovers.

Here's where things go downhill fast for SFxT. Online play was awful! The UI was good, but the gameplay was laggy and had sound issues. I found that the quick combo presets abused and in some cases collision detection failed! It was very bad experience and I believe it is not an isolated incident to my 360 since I read similar problems in forums.

Another thing that I find wrong is that I am not getting rewarded for playing. Usually in fighting games the player gets to unlock things like a new character, fan art or even a new game mode. In SFxT there is nothing to unlock except useless titles! Most of the content that should be available in the game is only available in the SFxT online store where you have to buy it as DLC! But that's not the worst of it! The DLC content is already on the disc of SFxT!!! You have to pay to unlock it even though you 're in possession of it!

Overall, this game had promise. But because this game wasn't properly balance tested before release, has terrible online issues, doesn't reward the player enough to continue playing, and tries to charge the player more money for extra content which should of been available in the game in first place! I'd recommend either staying away from it until it's price drops or not staying away from it all together!!
  18. Mar 18, 2012
    This game is horrible. HUGE LETDOWN! Why is the online so laggy & no the sound doesn't sync with what is occurring onscreen. Why did they release this game in its Beta State. Beware Buyers rent first from gamefly or try a friends copy if they haven't traded it in yet. Don't even get me started with the ondisc content they are trying to sell us. Your beat capcom after this i'm never buyingThis game is horrible. HUGE LETDOWN! Why is the online so laggy & no the sound doesn't sync with what is occurring onscreen. Why did they release this game in its Beta State. Beware Buyers rent first from gamefly or try a friends copy if they haven't traded it in yet. Don't even get me started with the ondisc content they are trying to sell us. Your beat capcom after this i'm never buying another game from you again! Expand
  19. Mar 18, 2012
    I signed up just to write this review. Online Play 0 out of 10, non play tested game breaking infinities 0 out of 10, on disc content 0 out of 10 , Quality 0 out of 10, Missing features you claimed would be in the game (coop) 0 out of 10. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, Capcom you have crossed the line, I have no words to describe how bad this game is. The backlash on the countless mess-ups youI signed up just to write this review. Online Play 0 out of 10, non play tested game breaking infinities 0 out of 10, on disc content 0 out of 10 , Quality 0 out of 10, Missing features you claimed would be in the game (coop) 0 out of 10. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, Capcom you have crossed the line, I have no words to describe how bad this game is. The backlash on the countless mess-ups you have made in handling this game are laughable and you have shamed Namco by ruining the tekken reputation. Expand
  20. Mar 30, 2012
    My god... This game doesn't work well on the Xbox 360. It's nearly ten times worse than Marvel vs Capcom 3. Also, DLC is screwed up. It's hard to recommend this game on Xbox 360.
  21. Mar 21, 2012
    The XBOX 360 version is garbage. It's like friend getting sprinkles on his ice cream because he's a different color.

YOUR EXPECTED TO PAY THE SAME AMOUNT FOR A WORSE GAME
  22. Apr 28, 2012
    I actually enjoy playing this on my own, but the online problems with sound, infinite combos and the clock / horrible lag basically rip a huge chunk of playability out of the game! I got this game expecting some fierce online play, but capcom has done jack to fix it!? I would give this age a 10 if it weren't for that, but as it stands I only feel comfortable putting a 5 down.
  23. Mar 25, 2012
    I love Tekken. I like Street Fighter. Unfortunately, this game has a HIDDEN $80 price tag. It's like buying a six-speed transmission car with two locked gears. That is, until you pay the dealer 30% the original price to have those gears unlocked.

Capcom is taking advantage of consumer loyalty in the most shameless way yet. If you want to continue getting screwed, purchase this game ASAP. Otherwise, don't promote this awful business practice. Monkey see, monkey do.
  24. Mar 6, 2012
    Wow, amazing how a single 0 effects the overall score to a 4.9. I personally found this game very entertaining. It certainly does its job. While no game is perfect, it plays very well. I say wait for a sale unless you're a hard core fighting gamer.
  25. Mar 20, 2012
    First off I would like to say that this is actually a really fun fighting game. That is no surprise considering Capcom makes some of the best. However I have to say that this game is a total rip off since Capcom has locked away about 30% of the games content behind a pay wall. If you don't know what that is then let me explain. You see all the content including the extra 12 characters andFirst off I would like to say that this is actually a really fun fighting game. That is no surprise considering Capcom makes some of the best. However I have to say that this game is a total rip off since Capcom has locked away about 30% of the games content behind a pay wall. If you don't know what that is then let me explain. You see all the content including the extra 12 characters and costumes are already on the disk. However if you want to unlock them, you have to wait until the fall when the Vita version launches and then pay Capcom and extra $20 for the 12 characters, and another $26 for all the costumes. Capcom claims this is to save people hard drive space, and its to ensure that people who didn't buy the content will be able to play those who did. This is a lame excuse at best and is Capcoms way of trying to milk money from people. To make matters even worse, Capcom gave 360 only owners an extra middle finger. First off the 360 version has 5 fewer characters then its PS3, and Vita counterparts. Second of all, 2 players cannot play on 1 console against other players online. Capcom lied and said this wasn't possible on 360 despite the fact that countless other 360 games have this feature. Do not buy this game unless you plan on buying it used. Don't support Capcom in any way until they give up these sneaky, greed inspired tactics. Expand
  26. Mar 19, 2012
    This game is one of the greatest disappointments I have ever purchased. Capcom has really messed up on this one. The game feels unfinished and there are a LOT of bugs. There are issues with diagonal inputs not registering if you use the analog stick, terrible sound skipping/tearing when playing online and serious glitches that can cause your character to freeze in the air. To top it offThis game is one of the greatest disappointments I have ever purchased. Capcom has really messed up on this one. The game feels unfinished and there are a LOT of bugs. There are issues with diagonal inputs not registering if you use the analog stick, terrible sound skipping/tearing when playing online and serious glitches that can cause your character to freeze in the air. To top it off there are already quite a few infinite combos (which I personally hate) and most matches end in timeouts. All in all this game feels like nobody even play tested it. The worst part is the only finished thing about this game are the 12 characters locked on the disc. Yeah you heard me, 12 characters completely finished are locked on the disc so Capcom can sell them as DLC to you when the Vita version launches for the low price of $20. Luckily I got the Collectors Edition and they gave me this cool piggy bank to save my money so they can gouge me later on DLC that I already own, thanks Capcom Expand
  27. Mar 6, 2012
    Wow, a bigger sorprise, this game is fantastic, the characters look awesome, and the gameplay is incredible, the sound, graphics, music, all is amazing. Street Fighter X Tekken is an incredible game. I can't wait for Tekken X Street Fighter.
  28. Mar 6, 2012
    adorei esse game, para mim é o game de luta que mais me impressionou nessa geração, porém estou na esperança de um Killer Ins 3! espero que a RareWare tome vergonha e faça um KI3!
  29. Mar 6, 2012
    Welllllll....I gotta say. This game was awsome. By that, I mean watching huge, muscular, strong, vibrant, colorful, sweat men just throw their arms back and forth at each other! Wow! Sure as heck turned me on! Just because of that fact, I'm rating this game a 10! Keep it up!
  30. Mar 8, 2012
    How can you give a score if you didn't buy the game? That's like saying a movie sucks before you even see it. My first few hours have been loads of fun. Nuf said.
  31. Mar 9, 2012
    Being a long term fan of both streetfighter and tekken I was looking forward to this release. The graphics, music and fighting system are all spot on, but there are a couple of major flaws. There is the paradoxical situation whereby the game is faster than the original streetlights, yet the controls are less responsive. Timing moves becomes more chance than skill. Secondly it is impossibleBeing a long term fan of both streetfighter and tekken I was looking forward to this release. The graphics, music and fighting system are all spot on, but there are a couple of major flaws. There is the paradoxical situation whereby the game is faster than the original streetlights, yet the controls are less responsive. Timing moves becomes more chance than skill. Secondly it is impossible to achieve any sort of consistency in the online matches- they all seem to lag to some extent.

Hopefully these issues will be resolved soon.
  32. Mar 9, 2012
    this is the game of the year as far as i'm concerned. great characters, great battle system and super smooth online play. i'm a giant tekken fan, so it was so awesome to see my favorite tekken characters in this new 2D fighting game environment. loving every minute of it!!
  33. Mar 10, 2012
    This game is bad crossover!! tekken character miss match SF4base system. and this game base system is cheaper than other crossover fighting game. ryu and ken`s change attack is no risk and very easy...
  34. Mar 18, 2012
    It is NOT worth $60. Wait for a complete edition re-release of the game that has all the DLC (that's on the disc) to come INCLUDED. The GEM system was nice to try, but terribly executed. At first glance, it's fun. But once you really get into it, you'll realize it's definitely NOT what it SHOULD be.
  35. Mar 6, 2012
    I'm a huge fighting game fan--love Tekken, MK, MvC, Blaz Blue. SF is ok (love the look of it, but not a fan of how it plays). So when I heard that SF X Tekken was going to have Tekken characters in a streamlined 2D version of the SSFIV engine, I was very interested. The game looks the part and has plenty of style. Lots of unlockables in the form of titles and such, as well as plenty ofI'm a huge fighting game fan--love Tekken, MK, MvC, Blaz Blue. SF is ok (love the look of it, but not a fan of how it plays). So when I heard that SF X Tekken was going to have Tekken characters in a streamlined 2D version of the SSFIV engine, I was very interested. The game looks the part and has plenty of style. Lots of unlockables in the form of titles and such, as well as plenty of single player content in the form of challenges, missions, and trials. There was a great training tutorial to inform you of the game mechanics and the standard arcade, online, and training modes. Full package--without a doubt (replays included just as with the SFIV series). Everything is wonderful, but I do have a gripe and I'm not sure if I'm alone on this: the controls are bit finicky. Now, I'm saying this already having played SFIV, SSFIV, and SSFIV AE, so it's not that...I can't explain it, but the controls are a bit stiff. Another small nitpick is that there isn't any kind of story mode. I mean you get the standard Capcom treatment in the form of character story intro and ending, but nothing like we've seen with some other fighting games. Overall, the game is obviously a great pickup for any fighting game fan, but would caution others to try before you buy. Expand
  36. Apr 4, 2012
    ......IM SICK OF YOU CAPCOM!!! ..........
    ......IM SICK OF YOU CAPCOM!!! ..........
    Capcom FAIL in everything they do.. every single game they release is a failure.. They destroyed the RE franchise by turning RE in a action game because survival games are not so profitable as action game like COD.. anyway.. Street FIghter X Tekken shows us again that Capcom only want to make easy money with less effort.. by selling an unfinished game and selling us DLC that are already in the DISC!

The DLC content is already finished and it could be in the game but they want to make easy money by selling it later.. so its not a DLC its just a locked content in the DISC you bought that will be unlocked for more money later on..
  37. Apr 3, 2012
    Chargin extra for characters after you have paid £40 for a game? Capcom, stop being so greedy. DLC is all well and good for a storyline based game, whereby you play 10 hours on the disc and then can download extra 3-5hour episodes to add on... but this just plain sucks. Corporate greed means I will not be buying this game at all. Soul Calibur will do for me.
  38. Apr 2, 2012
    This Game oozes mediocrity from every orifice. It feels like it was made in a rush : Clunky game-play, bad netcode, Key features missing, laughable customization. One of the main mechanics Capcom were pushing "Gems" are pretty boring and irrelevant. This game will be plagued with an endless bombardment of DLC just as bad as the game itself. It has one redeeming point : it looks good.

To

To conclude : Street Fighter X Tekken can't hold a candle to SSF4 AE, BlazeBlue or Mortal Kombat. It's a Joke.
  39. Apr 3, 2012
    Well you would think that this would be the best idea ever... It was not! If anything seeing my favorite Tekken characters in this art style was nauseating. Why no Panda suit for the Bear? I do not know why anyone would give this game a good score, it is shocking that people thought this was "fun" when it was a mess throughout. Street Fighter needs to take a break and quit producing trash.Well you would think that this would be the best idea ever... It was not! If anything seeing my favorite Tekken characters in this art style was nauseating. Why no Panda suit for the Bear? I do not know why anyone would give this game a good score, it is shocking that people thought this was "fun" when it was a mess throughout. Street Fighter needs to take a break and quit producing trash. It was a solid game as a arcade fighting game but keep my Tekken characters out of it. If anything I want Tekken Cross Street Fighter, play MvC or SSF4. It's all the same thing with different bells and whistles. http://liquidgamer.podbean.com/ Expand
  40. May 14, 2012
    As great as the game is, there is NO reason why Capcom should lock content that is already on the disc and force us to to buy it as DLC. Do not believe them with their explaination about how it'll make matchmaking easier later on with people that "download" the "DLC" and those that choose not to. I hope the day when fans of fighting games will say no to this type of practice and vote withAs great as the game is, there is NO reason why Capcom should lock content that is already on the disc and force us to to buy it as DLC. Do not believe them with their explaination about how it'll make matchmaking easier later on with people that "download" the "DLC" and those that choose not to. I hope the day when fans of fighting games will say no to this type of practice and vote with their wallet and not buy this game. I certainly have and will not buy this game unless they unlock EVERYTHING FOR FREEon the disc that I have bought. Expand
  41. Mar 26, 2012
    I just can't like the game. I don't care about the dlc character mess up, what I care about is gameplay. And it is stupid to have the gem system it ruins the whole game. They should at least have the option to turn this off in online battles as it is just unfair when players can use gems to exploit wins. That and the whole spamming tag system is stupid when one of your players dies it'sI just can't like the game. I don't care about the dlc character mess up, what I care about is gameplay. And it is stupid to have the gem system it ruins the whole game. They should at least have the option to turn this off in online battles as it is just unfair when players can use gems to exploit wins. That and the whole spamming tag system is stupid when one of your players dies it's game over. Who thought this was a good idea? It should be like all the other tag games capcom have made....1 player dies it's ok you got another to keep going.....and the whole pandora mode? I tried it and my characters health quickly died after a few seconds....wtf....I thought it was supposed to sacrifice just 1 of your characters to make your other stronger...how is it fair to kill the character off slowly regardless of how strong you are?????? And there should be the option to just have 1v1 not just 2v2....my dream would be just 1 sf character vs 1 tekken character with no stupid gems to give you unfair advantages. That would be a good game but it doesn't exist Expand
  42. Mar 10, 2012
    Streetfighter is back and it has bought some new friends. I bought this game not knowing what to expect fearing it would maybe be a SF4 or Marvel Vs Capcom clone with nothing new,Good News..it's Not.Streetfighter X Tekken is its own game and is really fun to play.Me and a friend spent 2 fun hours just doing the tutorial and some trials before we even started playing.Well done Capcom.I seeStreetfighter is back and it has bought some new friends. I bought this game not knowing what to expect fearing it would maybe be a SF4 or Marvel Vs Capcom clone with nothing new,Good News..it's Not.Streetfighter X Tekken is its own game and is really fun to play.Me and a friend spent 2 fun hours just doing the tutorial and some trials before we even started playing.Well done Capcom.I see the internet has got its mardy pants on and the nerds are here raging about On Disc DLC...heres my opinion....Get Over Yourselfs and stop marking a game down because of executive buisness decisions... mark on game on its playability...Again Realy Well Done !!!! Expand
  43. Mar 6, 2012
    Damn good **** The whole DLC fiasco is truly messed up, but I'm reviewing the released product here. And the released product is fun and exciting. Although it does take a bit of autism to truly get good at the game, what good game doesn't take a little bit of autistic determination to master?
  44. Mar 8, 2012
    Solid fighting game, though it may seem overwhelming to those unfamiliar with Street Fighter. The game is systematically similar to Street Fighter 4 with enough changes to keep players going for awhile. Input to perform special and super moves is easier than in Street Fighter 4, which will let newer players in faster, while those more familiar with it have more to explore in other areasSolid fighting game, though it may seem overwhelming to those unfamiliar with Street Fighter. The game is systematically similar to Street Fighter 4 with enough changes to keep players going for awhile. Input to perform special and super moves is easier than in Street Fighter 4, which will let newer players in faster, while those more familiar with it have more to explore in other areas like character combinations. The DLC already coming on the disc out of the box may be considered a plus and a minus depending on who you ask, but there's already enough in the game to explore for the time being, with a solid promise of more to offer later. Expand
  45. Jun 2, 2012
    Something needs to be done about Capcom and Namco. They suck every bit of value out of their fighting games with outrageous and cynical DLC. Never buying a Soul Calibur, Tekken or SF game ever again.
  46. Mar 9, 2012
    A fun game with easy to get into game mechanics - maybe a bit to easy! Street Fighter x Tekken will be a little polarizing for those Tekken purists. SFxT uses the Capcom-standard 6 button layout for punches and kicks (L/M/H). This is different from Tekken's four-button layout, Capcom did a decent job adapting the crossed-over characters to fit their new molds. Graphics are detailed with aA fun game with easy to get into game mechanics - maybe a bit to easy! Street Fighter x Tekken will be a little polarizing for those Tekken purists. SFxT uses the Capcom-standard 6 button layout for punches and kicks (L/M/H). This is different from Tekken's four-button layout, Capcom did a decent job adapting the crossed-over characters to fit their new molds. Graphics are detailed with a more cartoony look,. Backgrounds on a few occasions don't seem to quiet fit in with the game; esp when compared to the more down-to-earth looks of Tekken and early Street Fighter games. They just seem more akin towards Marvel Vs Capcom backgrounds with over-the-top ideas such as dinosaurs, mammoths chasing (which just don't seem right for this game). I do find the semi-2d quiet annoying at times, esp when pulling of special moves. Special Moves causes the camera to zoom inn-out and all over the place - making it fairly confusing to focus on what is happening. It's way too over the top and flashy for its own good. This does spoil the focus of the special attacks and can go on far to long. Pulling off specials can cause the game to become a bit tedious watching again and again!. Single player is as straight forward as most fighters. Matches are laid out like Tekken Tag Tournament matches instead of Marvel vs Capcom, meaning that instead of cycling out your characters when they get knocked out, you lose the round if one of your fighters falls. The action is fast paced and akin somewhere between the button mashing of MvsC, and the control of SF IV (not as deep as SFIII); with signature moves retained by characters from Tekken and SF games. Online, the game handles itself pretty well, with a very similar set-up as with SF IV. Added extra such as Gems that allow the biggest addition to Street Fighter X Tekken, allowing specific boosts to your fighters adding an extra layer of depth and skill.

Overral a quality mix of of two well known games - not quiet as deep and elegant as the excellent King Of Fighters XIII game (PS3/360); which I do consider a better game. SFxT is still very enjoyable and easy to get into. A bit over-the-top at times and little to familiar if already played previous Capcom 2.5d beat-em ups! Online is a joy and with added extra added features. A joy to play and will probably please the SF IV fans more then the Tekken fans. Personally the I would say this is third or maybe fourth best 2d(well 2.5d) fighter available: 1st goes to Kinf Of Fighters XIII, 2nd goes to Street Fighter III: Third Strike, and maybe 3rd Blazblue: CS.
  47. Apr 14, 2012
    Do you enjoy games that have not been play tested? What about games with almost 1/4 of the content locked away on the disc, but you have to pay for at a later date through dlc? How about fighting games with one move infinites like xiaoyu? If you do, then SF x T will be the perfect game for you. If you enjoy actual, solid fighting games, stay away from this one.
  48. Apr 22, 2012
    pirate the game and the DLC is free
    capcom made an amazing game and do deserve the money
    HOWEVER- the disgracefull act of charging extra for on dic DLC should never be allowed otherwise gaming will be destroyed and we will all become "apple" fa@s

PIRATE THIS GAME DONT BUY IT
    SEND THE MESSAGE TO THE INDUSTRY WE DONT WANT ON DISC DLC
  49. May 6, 2012
    I think the game is Pretty good. The graphics are good enough, the game play delivers and it's very addictive! I still think they shouldn't have put the expensive content on the disc itself. The game is pretty pricey, and this doesn't feel that nice of Capcom.
  50. Apr 22, 2012
    The only thing everybody should know about this game is that is a SCAM! Terrible on-line gameplay, the gem system ruins the game, the time is to short to play against two different characters, there's no local co-op for the xbox and worst of all the "DLC" fiasco, everything is already on the disk.
  51. Mar 30, 2012
    I enjoy this game, I dislike the gemsystem and the quickcombo-macro's made for casuals though. The On-disc DLC is a bit stupid but the game itself is pretty solid. The storyline is **** hilarious, but it's a fighting game so whatever. The game itself is pretty awesome.
  52. Apr 28, 2012
    It was ok... played it a bit when a buddy brought it over..., fun for a few round but after a hr .. SF4 went back into the machine :(
    Maybe I am a bit old-school, but when every round results in a tie, it get boring really fast. The game has nice art and music tho, but that basically what all cross overs are known for.
  53. May 13, 2012
    Looked forward to this release but another let down from greedy companies that fail to make a decent game.... and want even more money than full release games which provide far more content during release for 60, 50, or even 40$ at release. Avoid this game and maybe future games from all companies that release unfinished/ poorly made titles that want a good 80+ dollars for content thatLooked forward to this release but another let down from greedy companies that fail to make a decent game.... and want even more money than full release games which provide far more content during release for 60, 50, or even 40$ at release. Avoid this game and maybe future games from all companies that release unfinished/ poorly made titles that want a good 80+ dollars for content that should already be unlocked on day 1. If we do something about this and avoid paying what they want then they will certainly go back to making great games for great prices and everyone will be happy, or you can continue to purchase these games and pay for all dlc and allow this to continue, i know i will not. Thanks for a waste of time and another letdown to my favorite 2 fighting games from so long ago ;( Expand
  54. May 2, 2012
    A good game which unfortunately for Capcom and even more so for Namco doesn't scale the heights of past collaborations like the legendary CVS2. Though this game should be applauded for having possibly the best tutorial ever on a beat 'em up, where after completion and having understood the mechanics it's merely a matter of honing ones skill level. The gem system however isn't as definingA good game which unfortunately for Capcom and even more so for Namco doesn't scale the heights of past collaborations like the legendary CVS2. Though this game should be applauded for having possibly the best tutorial ever on a beat 'em up, where after completion and having understood the mechanics it's merely a matter of honing ones skill level. The gem system however isn't as defining as the game wants you to believe, it leaves noobies hopelessly exposed to veterans which breaks the balancing of matches, as with past SF's it was a simple matter of who was better most often wins. Single player is standard fair, multiplayer is good with the usual ranked, unranked lobbies and scramble battle which is where four players (2 v 2) battle it out with is great if your partner is capable. But a few things dragged the score down for me, first is the simplified move inputs which just doesn't sit well with me. Second is the inevitable DLC issue which frankly is day light robbery, yet again I find myself shaking my fists at Capcom for their incredulous greed. Though unfortunately with a total digital gaming era looming, they know they can get away with it for now. Lastly is the overly naked porn inspired women (Poison being the worst), when young boys play this I see no need to portray women in this manner. Many in the west may believe this as 'liberation', in reality it's exploitation of the worst kind! Capcom and Namco, please dress them next time or at least have the option to clothe them! Expand
  55. Mar 3, 2013
    If you're thinking of getting this game, it's important to know a few things before you commit. First of all, it's made to appeal to non-fighting game fans. It borrows a host of features from Call of Duty, such as "perks" (gem units), which can act as temporary assists for inputs or give you more speed or health or damage or meter etc. There's a lot of customisation too. Each character canIf you're thinking of getting this game, it's important to know a few things before you commit. First of all, it's made to appeal to non-fighting game fans. It borrows a host of features from Call of Duty, such as "perks" (gem units), which can act as temporary assists for inputs or give you more speed or health or damage or meter etc. There's a lot of customisation too. Each character can be assigned with two quick combos (where the game will automatically perform the inputs at the expense of meter). Perhaps the most novel addition is the ability to customise characters by changing their colours. Add in an intuitive tutorial mode (which is comprehensive, user friendly and tells you everything you need to know) and you get the most appealing fighting game to date for those new to the genre. The major factor which makes this game different is the ability to have two players playing co-operatively (since it's 2v2) online and offline. Given the character variety of both Street Fighter and Tekken characters, you may be wondering why on earth this isn't an 8/10 game. The answer lies in not what's missing after all, there are trials, training mode, missions, arcade mode and replay channel but what's unnecessary. Take the game mechanics. Yes, they're based on solid Street Fighter fundamentals, but the addition of launchers and automatic light-medium-heavy combo limit creativity. The controls aren't as good as in Street Fighter IV, and the inputs need to precise. Which is good, since there's no mashing involved. The whole customisation thing does shoot itself in the foot though. It's not like Super Street Figter IV where everyone's unlocked and all you need to change is controls when playing without save data. In SFxT, you may want to customise appearance, quick combos, gem units etc. and whilst you don't have to do this, the real pain is in the fact that to do any of this customisation you have to unlock the content already on the disc by "downloading" a free pass for each individual colour and gem unit and quick combo preset. If you can ignore this inconvinience and only plan on playing it on your own console then it's fine. Street Fighter X Tekken makes for an enjoyable game due to both its user-friendly approach, perfect graphical style (not too flashy but not too dull) and an excellent choice of characters. It's a complete package and offers everything you could want from a fighting game. But to me it feels rushed. The gameplay feels somewhat disjointed. Even though combos and juggling are made much more satisfying and longer, and the balancing is good, it just doesn't hold up to Super Street Fighter IV's simplicity and substance. Overall, Street Fighter X Tekken is by no means a bad game, and it's arguably the most complete and modern fighting game. However, it's not a game which I can easily recommend to fighting game fans due to its sketchy game mechanics. If you've yet to try a fighting game, there's no better place to start than Street Fgihter X Tekken. Expand
  56. Apr 20, 2012
    This is now one of my favourite fighting games of all time. The roster is plentiful and varied with lots of my favourite SF and TK characters. The fighting controls are very well done, and I haven't experienced much lag with the online but I haven't heard of any bad cases. If you're a fan of fighting games then you should definitely pick up this game. Also son't listen to the littleThis is now one of my favourite fighting games of all time. The roster is plentiful and varied with lots of my favourite SF and TK characters. The fighting controls are very well done, and I haven't experienced much lag with the online but I haven't heard of any bad cases. If you're a fan of fighting games then you should definitely pick up this game. Also son't listen to the little butthurt people who gave this game a 0 and a 1. If your not mature enough to rate a game what it deserves and rate it because of the COMPANY'S business practices then I don't think your old enough to play video games. Even if you aren't convinced look at the critic's review scores, barely any bad ones. So pick up this game regardless of your view on the DLC issue. Don't let it get in the way of you playing a fun game! :) Expand
  57. Nov 13, 2012
    I am at the point that I do not care how good the game is. And make no mistake, this game is decent. But Capcom and their DLC crap is really starting to damage my calm. And this $20 DLC for half the fighters is their biggest rip off yet. I have officially cut Capcom from my wallet for now on.
  58. Oct 8, 2013
    When announced the release of this game, there are many people that they had had in expectations (now everybody say that is NOT true because they know and are clear that this would be a great game, unfortunately and THAT CHANCE when approaching the eve of the Video Game Awards (VGA KOTAKU.Com was who announced that Chance a group of hackers got inside the disk and found that the DLCWhen announced the release of this game, there are many people that they had had in expectations (now everybody say that is NOT true because they know and are clear that this would be a great game, unfortunately and THAT CHANCE when approaching the eve of the Video Game Awards (VGA KOTAKU.Com was who announced that Chance a group of hackers got inside the disk and found that the DLC was inside the disc, this made a great black campaign against the game came ensim, but not equally to treatment Mortall Kombat who did the same Mortal Kombat not reviewed hackers to find what the DLC that Chance truth In short in spite of that he made ‚Äč‚Äčthis black campaign and say that this game is supposedly a review of Street Fighter 4 characters from Tekken Street Fighter x Tekken gives a clear indication that it is not, because when play this game really flaws Street Fighter 4, believe me here are quality guaranteed, we set aside the bad practice and venture to a game full of fun Expand
  59. Dec 10, 2013
    I'm a Capcom fan, but I hate how greedy they are, that's maybe why I'm not giving it a 10, but I'll be objective and not give a "1" or a "0" specially because is an amazing game, the gameplay is great. Even without the DLC we have a good roster. Maybe they should work a little bit more on the sense of the storyline, but in fighting games Capcom is usually the worst givin' sense to the stories.

Not having played a fighter since the first iteration of Street Fighter IV probably did me favours in making this mash-up of cosmic proportions appear fresher than it will for others, but if you're a fan of either franchise there's a whole lot on offer bound to intrigue and satisfy.
  2. Apr 17, 2012
    A fine fighter, but the Tekken characters feel like Street Fighter characters. Multiplayer is also laggy. [Apr 2012]
  3. Apr 11, 2012
    While there is a competent fighter to be had, the woeful way in which Capcom has blatantly stripped out significant chunks and promised features, or locked away vital content that already exists on the disc, all with the vile intent of having you pay for it again, makes this a hard game to recommend.