4.3

1. Mar 7, 2012
    Great roster of 38 characters from Sf and tekken, awesome gameplay, and nice visuals.. If you a fan for fighting games, this is a game for you.. But you want to know why I am NOT getting this game? Greed.. Of all of Capcom fighting games with DLC, this has to be worst.. It is truly sad and pathetic that Capcom would this low.. Great game ruined by a company that cares ONLY about the money.. Redbox/ Gameplay rental.. Wait for Super Expand
  2. Mar 7, 2012
    The game is good. Lots to do with solid gameplay. The XBOX 360 version is lacking one of the main online features. The couch co-op online mode has been taken out completely from the Xbox 360 version, even though it was advertised to have this feature. Also the instruction book that comes with the game lists the feature and goes into detail about how to use it.
  3. Mar 10, 2012
    They locked 12 characters who are on the disc to give us the opportunity to pay extra to unlock them later. This practice needs to stop before we are paying extra for every game that these companies release. They're selling us part of a game, and we deserve better for our money.
  4. Mar 9, 2012
    ON-DISC DLC CHARACTERS THAT ARE BASICALLY COMPLETE SAVE FOR SOUNDS (EVEN THE **** CGI ENDING MOVIES ARE FINISHED)
    FALSE ADVERTISEMENT CLAIMS THAT THE XBOX 360 VERSION GOT PAIR PLAY FEATURE

Do not want

Capcom can go drown in the DLC abyss they seem to have fallen in mad love with. I feel sorry for the 360 fans.
  5. Mar 7, 2012
    I do NOT accept Capcom's idea that $60 is not enough money for a game. Locking on disc content behind an additional pay wall is just plain GREED. SFXT is fun and I do like it but I will not buy, or recommend to play a game that is only helping to push the industry as a whole toward greater levels of avarice. Namco seems to be the only company making fighting games that has its fans, company reputation and long term survival of its IP's in mind when it makes and prices its games. I for one am done buying ANYTHING from Capcom. Expand
  6. Mar 15, 2012
    Capcom did it again, they took a **** in ur mouth by locking 12 characters on the disc which later on gonna be sold as premium DLC. I thought DLC stands for DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT.
  7. Mar 11, 2012
    Bad news for everyone about the DLC (Disc Locked Content). You basically have to pay twice if you want all the characters. In the UK it's £40 ($63) for the game, and then probably another £10-20 to unlock all the content on the disc in a few weeks time. Gamers need to realise how much DLC is costing them
  8. Mar 7, 2012
    I gotta admit to being fairly disappointed with Street Fighter x Tekken. :/

The moves list feels incredibly limited for all characters and I keep getting interrupted by the thought that Namco will do much better with theirs.

The UI isn't exactly user friendly with many "standard" options from past Capcom titles not present.

The whole thing just feels glaringly not finished.
  9. Mar 13, 2012
    I thought Day 1 DLC was bad but Disc Locked Content is even worse. Wow. I am glad I got warned and did not get it. Was the game a little fun at my friends house? Yes, yes it was. Does that make it ok to get ripped off? Not to me it doesn't. I will warn people away however I can.
  10. Mar 23, 2012
    I gave this game a 3 because its still a great game but NOT for the Xbox.

Capcom completely neglected the play with a friend online feature for the Xbox 360 because of its "architecture". So basically you're buying a UNFINISHED version of Street Fighter x Tekken if you get it for the Xbox.
    So far I've been ranting about this in the capcom thread and asking them to at least work on fixing
    this but they just say no. Generally the game is solid, as a matter in fact it's actually a great game! But the way Capcom is handling it is very crappy.

So if you're planning to get this game and expect to play with your friend.. NOPE and no Capcom is not planning on patching it

Sven post at the bottom.

Get this game for the PS3 since it has all the exclusives for this game... *sighhh i wish capcom fixes it.. but in all, they dont care. Neither should you for this game
  11. Mar 12, 2012
    I'm a super fan of SF and I was very excited about this game until I knew that it would be sold in pieces, so **** this **** game and **** Crapcom!!!
  12. Mar 18, 2012
    This game is a joke, inputs don't work (back/down, up/forward, etc) , online is so bad its amazing it passed xbox quality testing. The online experience is plagued with poor sound issues that don't correlate to what is occurring on screen, the lack of co-op mode that was falsely advertised is another sad issue coupled with the fact that Capcom's idiot Vp Svensson said its not possible on the 360 then backtracked after it was pointed out that infact several games do the same exact thing he claims isn't' possible then says that he isn't getting a clear message from his developers? (source - Eventhubs) LMAO what and idiot, your companies flagship product and you don't understand what is going on? . I can't remember the last time any company messed up a big time release so bad. They did manage to find the time to finish all their post release DLC during production of this pathetic product that should be sold at the $1 store. I don't have a problem with them finishing DLC and putting it on the DISC, I have a problem that they spent their time creating DLC instead of making a game that works. Who is going to by your DLC? Capcom has lied to the entire community through Svensson, Seth Killian, and Ono. Biggest Let Down of The Year Winner right here. Expand
  13. Mar 11, 2012
    **BIGGEST DISSAPOINTMENT IN A FIGHTING GAME** I rarely do reviews, but I have to warn people of a major risk: IF YOU ARE MORE A FAN OF TEKKEN THAN SF, YOU WILL BE EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED! This is the risk of a crossover fighting game with COMPLETELY different styles. One is a glossy, smooth fighitng game thats eaiser and less for the hardcore crowd (TEKKEN). The other is the cell-shaded, big combo, hard core based fighting game (SF). This is nothing more than SF with additional fighters using Tekken skins. Nothing has been carried over from Tekken. MAJOR letdown if you're not a huge SF fan and love the gameplay of Tekken. Expand
  14. Mar 11, 2012
    I hope someday the people realized that capcom is a company send direct from the deep part of Hell!!! for torture of our poor Gamer´s Souls. witch his Incomplete games and his stupid DLC.
  15. Mar 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first played this game I was really impressed. The gameplay was excellent, the graphics were just as good as SSF4's and the music reminded me of my arcade days. But then...I got more in depth with the game and realized it's not all it's cranked up to be! I tested the mechanics which seemed good at first, but later on I discovered that some SF characters have significant advantages over their Tekken counterparts. Every time I play as a Tekken team I find the game difficult to play, especially against the final Boss, but when I play as a SF team it's often very easy and their final Boss is such a push over compared to team Tekken's! The Arcade mode story was alright, but could of had more crossovers.

Here's where things go downhill fast for SFxT. Online play was awful! The UI was good, but the gameplay was laggy and had sound issues. I found that the quick combo presets abused and in some cases collision detection failed! It was very bad experience and I believe it is not an isolated incident to my 360 since I read similar problems in forums.

Another thing that I find wrong is that I am not getting rewarded for playing. Usually in fighting games the player gets to unlock things like a new character, fan art or even a new game mode. In SFxT there is nothing to unlock except useless titles! Most of the content that should be available in the game is only available in the SFxT online store where you have to buy it as DLC! But that's not the worst of it! The DLC content is already on the disc of SFxT!!! You have to pay to unlock it even though you 're in possession of it!

Overall, this game had promise. But because this game wasn't properly balance tested before release, has terrible online issues, doesn't reward the player enough to continue playing, and tries to charge the player more money for extra content which should of been available in the game in first place! I'd recommend either staying away from it until it's price drops or not staying away from it all together!!
  16. Mar 18, 2012
    This game is horrible. HUGE LETDOWN! Why is the online so laggy & no the sound doesn't sync with what is occurring onscreen. Why did they release this game in its Beta State. Beware Buyers rent first from gamefly or try a friends copy if they haven't traded it in yet. Don't even get me started with the ondisc content they are trying to sell us. Your beat capcom after this i'm never buying another game from you again! Expand
  17. Mar 18, 2012
    I signed up just to write this review. Online Play 0 out of 10, non play tested game breaking infinities 0 out of 10, on disc content 0 out of 10 , Quality 0 out of 10, Missing features you claimed would be in the game (coop) 0 out of 10. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, Capcom you have crossed the line, I have no words to describe how bad this game is. The backlash on the countless mess-ups you have made in handling this game are laughable and you have shamed Namco by ruining the tekken reputation. Expand
  18. Mar 30, 2012
    My god... This game doesn't work well on the Xbox 360. It's nearly ten times worse than Marvel vs Capcom 3. Also, DLC is screwed up. It's hard to recommend this game on Xbox 360.
  19. Mar 21, 2012
    The XBOX 360 version is garbage. It's like friend getting sprinkles on his ice cream because he's a different color.

YOUR EXPECTED TO PAY THE SAME AMOUNT FOR A WORSE GAME
  20. Mar 25, 2012
    I love Tekken. I like Street Fighter. Unfortunately, this game has a HIDDEN $80 price tag. It's like buying a six-speed transmission car with two locked gears. That is, until you pay the dealer 30% the original price to have those gears unlocked.

Capcom is taking advantage of consumer loyalty in the most shameless way yet. If you want to continue getting screwed, purchase this game
    ASAP. Otherwise, don't promote this awful business practice. Monkey see, monkey do. Expand
  21. Mar 20, 2012
    First off I would like to say that this is actually a really fun fighting game. That is no surprise considering Capcom makes some of the best. However I have to say that this game is a total rip off since Capcom has locked away about 30% of the games content behind a pay wall. If you don't know what that is then let me explain. You see all the content including the extra 12 characters and costumes are already on the disk. However if you want to unlock them, you have to wait until the fall when the Vita version launches and then pay Capcom and extra $20 for the 12 characters, and another $26 for all the costumes. Capcom claims this is to save people hard drive space, and its to ensure that people who didn't buy the content will be able to play those who did. This is a lame excuse at best and is Capcoms way of trying to milk money from people. To make matters even worse, Capcom gave 360 only owners an extra middle finger. First off the 360 version has 5 fewer characters then its PS3, and Vita counterparts. Second of all, 2 players cannot play on 1 console against other players online. Capcom lied and said this wasn't possible on 360 despite the fact that countless other 360 games have this feature. Do not buy this game unless you plan on buying it used. Don't support Capcom in any way until they give up these sneaky, greed inspired tactics. Expand
  22. Mar 19, 2012
    This game is one of the greatest disappointments I have ever purchased. Capcom has really messed up on this one. The game feels unfinished and there are a LOT of bugs. There are issues with diagonal inputs not registering if you use the analog stick, terrible sound skipping/tearing when playing online and serious glitches that can cause your character to freeze in the air. To top it off there are already quite a few infinite combos (which I personally hate) and most matches end in timeouts. All in all this game feels like nobody even play tested it. The worst part is the only finished thing about this game are the 12 characters locked on the disc. Yeah you heard me, 12 characters completely finished are locked on the disc so Capcom can sell them as DLC to you when the Vita version launches for the low price of $20. Luckily I got the Collectors Edition and they gave me this cool piggy bank to save my money so they can gouge me later on DLC that I already own, thanks Capcom Expand
  23. Mar 18, 2012
    It is NOT worth $60. Wait for a complete edition re-release of the game that has all the DLC (that's on the disc) to come INCLUDED. The GEM system was nice to try, but terribly executed. At first glance, it's fun. But once you really get into it, you'll realize it's definitely NOT what it SHOULD be.
  24. Apr 4, 2012
    ......IM SICK OF YOU CAPCOM!!! ..........
    Capcom FAIL in everything they do.. every single game they release is a failure.. They destroyed the RE franchise by turning RE in a action game because survival games are not so profitable as action game like COD.. anyway.. Street FIghter X Tekken shows us again that Capcom only want to make easy money with less effort.. by selling an unfinished
    game and selling us DLC that are already in the DISC!

The DLC content is already finished and it could be in the game but they want to make easy money by selling it later.. so its not a DLC its just a locked content in the DISC you bought that will be unlocked for more money later on..
  25. Apr 3, 2012
    Chargin extra for characters after you have paid £40 for a game? Capcom, stop being so greedy. DLC is all well and good for a storyline based game, whereby you play 10 hours on the disc and then can download extra 3-5hour episodes to add on... but this just plain sucks. Corporate greed means I will not be buying this game at all. Soul Calibur will do for me.
  26. Apr 2, 2012
    This Game oozes mediocrity from every orifice. It feels like it was made in a rush : Clunky game-play, bad netcode, Key features missing, laughable customization. One of the main mechanics Capcom were pushing "Gems" are pretty boring and irrelevant. This game will be plagued with an endless bombardment of DLC just as bad as the game itself. It has one redeeming point : it looks good.

To
    conclude : Street Fighter X Tekken can't hold a candle to SSF4 AE, BlazeBlue or Mortal Kombat. It's a Joke. Expand
  27. Apr 3, 2012
    Well you would think that this would be the best idea ever... It was not! If anything seeing my favorite Tekken characters in this art style was nauseating. Why no Panda suit for the Bear? I do not know why anyone would give this game a good score, it is shocking that people thought this was "fun" when it was a mess throughout. Street Fighter needs to take a break and quit producing trash. It was a solid game as a arcade fighting game but keep my Tekken characters out of it. If anything I want Tekken Cross Street Fighter, play MvC or SSF4. It's all the same thing with different bells and whistles. http://liquidgamer.podbean.com/ Expand
  28. May 14, 2012
    As great as the game is, there is NO reason why Capcom should lock content that is already on the disc and force us to to buy it as DLC. Do not believe them with their explaination about how it'll make matchmaking easier later on with people that "download" the "DLC" and those that choose not to. I hope the day when fans of fighting games will say no to this type of practice and vote with their wallet and not buy this game. I certainly have and will not buy this game unless they unlock EVERYTHING FOR FREEon the disc that I have bought. Expand
  29. Jun 2, 2012
    Something needs to be done about Capcom and Namco. They suck every bit of value out of their fighting games with outrageous and cynical DLC. Never buying a Soul Calibur, Tekken or SF game ever again.
  30. Apr 14, 2012
    Do you enjoy games that have not been play tested? What about games with almost 1/4 of the content locked away on the disc, but you have to pay for at a later date through dlc? How about fighting games with one move infinites like xiaoyu? If you do, then SF x T will be the perfect game for you. If you enjoy actual, solid fighting games, stay away from this one.
  31. Apr 22, 2012
    pirate the game and the DLC is free
    capcom made an amazing game and do deserve the money
    HOWEVER- the disgracefull act of charging extra for on dic DLC should never be allowed otherwise gaming will be destroyed and we will all become "apple" fa@s

PIRATE THIS GAME DONT BUY IT
    SEND THE MESSAGE TO THE INDUSTRY WE DONT WANT ON DISC DLC
  32. Apr 22, 2012
    The only thing everybody should know about this game is that is a SCAM! Terrible on-line gameplay, the gem system ruins the game, the time is to short to play against two different characters, there's no local co-op for the xbox and worst of all the "DLC" fiasco, everything is already on the disk.
  33. May 13, 2012
    Looked forward to this release but another let down from greedy companies that fail to make a decent game.... and want even more money than full release games which provide far more content during release for 60, 50, or even 40$ at release. Avoid this game and maybe future games from all companies that release unfinished/ poorly made titles that want a good 80+ dollars for content that should already be unlocked on day 1. If we do something about this and avoid paying what they want then they will certainly go back to making great games for great prices and everyone will be happy, or you can continue to purchase these games and pay for all dlc and allow this to continue, i know i will not. Thanks for a waste of time and another letdown to my favorite 2 fighting games from so long ago ;( Expand
  34. Nov 13, 2012
    I am at the point that I do not care how good the game is. And make no mistake, this game is decent. But Capcom and their DLC crap is really starting to damage my calm. And this $20 DLC for half the fighters is their biggest rip off yet. I have officially cut Capcom from my wallet for now on.

Not having played a fighter since the first iteration of Street Fighter IV probably did me favours in making this mash-up of cosmic proportions appear fresher than it will for others, but if you're a fan of either franchise there's a whole lot on offer bound to intrigue and satisfy.
  2. Apr 17, 2012
    A fine fighter, but the Tekken characters feel like Street Fighter characters. Multiplayer is also laggy. [Apr 2012]
  3. Apr 11, 2012
    While there is a competent fighter to be had, the woeful way in which Capcom has blatantly stripped out significant chunks and promised features, or locked away vital content that already exists on the disc, all with the vile intent of having you pay for it again, makes this a hard game to recommend.