Super Meat Boy Xbox 360

8.0

1. Oct 21, 2010
    This game is incredibly over-hyped. While there is some charm to be found in the simple mechanics and presentation, the controls can be very loose and fickle. The levels, while short, have almost no margin for error, therein leading to frustration and poor level design masquerading as "challenge". The only reason this is forgivable by so many reviewers is that the very short levelsThis game is incredibly over-hyped. While there is some charm to be found in the simple mechanics and presentation, the controls can be very loose and fickle. The levels, while short, have almost no margin for error, therein leading to frustration and poor level design masquerading as "challenge". The only reason this is forgivable by so many reviewers is that the very short levels allow for endless instant restarts until, often by luck, you get it just right. I support the indie scene, and the "game-play over graphics" mentality, but in this case, the emperor really has no clothes; the game just isn't all that good. Collapse
  2. Oct 28, 2010
    This may be the worst game I have ever played. The controls are awful. The sound is awful. The graphics are awful. The game is awful. I do not understand the positive reviews for this game.
  3. Jun 14, 2012
    I decided to give the game 1 in score since it had "okay" controls and a few funny moments. Those two factors however, are microscopic compared to the awful level design, cheap difficulty and short playtime. It seams like we have come to a time were being unfairly difficult, suddenly means good. If the game has so terrible physics and controls that it becomes a puzzle just using a fan toI decided to give the game 1 in score since it had "okay" controls and a few funny moments. Those two factors however, are microscopic compared to the awful level design, cheap difficulty and short playtime. It seams like we have come to a time were being unfairly difficult, suddenly means good. If the game has so terrible physics and controls that it becomes a puzzle just using a fan to jump to a platform, the game is apparently good. You do have unlimited lives however, sso that you can play the same thing 50+ times until you finally get it. FUN. Also, the controls are slightly off. Meatboy doesn't jump when you jump, which can get pretty annoying when your walljumping from small platforms and need to be quick. The story is pretty much Mario, but with a fetus. Charming. Also, the final boss to this game, has to be the absolute stupidest, most unfair thing I've ever fought in a videogame. This game is just pure trial and error, but emphasised on the error part. Also, if you're going to pick on my grammar, I'm Norwegian. Compared to the rest of Norway, I talk and write perfect English. Expand
  4. Nov 29, 2010
    This looks to be like an addictive game. Unfortunately this game was released with a severe bug that prevents autosaving your progress, will give you an incorrect completion %, and will not track your progress correctly. Trust me, this is NOT the kind of game where you want to replay levels because of a stupid bug. What infuriates me is not only has the bug not been fixed over a MONTHThis looks to be like an addictive game. Unfortunately this game was released with a severe bug that prevents autosaving your progress, will give you an incorrect completion %, and will not track your progress correctly. Trust me, this is NOT the kind of game where you want to replay levels because of a stupid bug. What infuriates me is not only has the bug not been fixed over a MONTH after the game's release, but because I know there is no chance this bug wasn't caught in playtesting.

Seriously, how do you bring about this bug? You simply press Y to replay a level after completing it. There are many reasons why you might want to this -- in order to get the bandage which you didn't get, or to beat your time. Knowing what playtesting is like even for the Indie games on the xbox, I can tell you that there is NO CHANCE this bug wasn't caught in playtesting. I have even gotten the bug when I carefully exited to the map after every level.

Since there is no chance this wasn't caught (trust me), Microsoft intentionally let a crippled game out the door. I am sure they did this for money reasons, even giving the game a temporary $10 "sale". While I do believe this was MSFT's decision, the game creators are complicit in this and should be ashamed.
  5. Dec 20, 2012
    Not that anyone follows my reviews, but if you did you may know that I am on a campaign against games that purposely, and endlessly, frustrate the player. And, people, this is the epicenter (this and The Witcher 2, and the fact that this is worse than that terrible game speaks volumes). The developers had a cool and original idea, and that took up the first 15% of the meeting. Than theyNot that anyone follows my reviews, but if you did you may know that I am on a campaign against games that purposely, and endlessly, frustrate the player. And, people, this is the epicenter (this and The Witcher 2, and the fact that this is worse than that terrible game speaks volumes). The developers had a cool and original idea, and that took up the first 15% of the meeting. Than they said "lets make the player sooo mad that they have to like this game". You know what? There's karma for this typer of thing. Bye-Bye. Expand
  6. Nov 28, 2012
    I can only see a 5-year-old getting some fun out of this game. You can't really control your character fluently. The cheap level design doesn't help it at all. The reason why I give it an extra point is that all of the levels were unique, by design and placement I mean. Buzz saws are everywhere in this game, and it was disappointing to see that feature in most of the levels. You can alsoI can only see a 5-year-old getting some fun out of this game. You can't really control your character fluently. The cheap level design doesn't help it at all. The reason why I give it an extra point is that all of the levels were unique, by design and placement I mean. Buzz saws are everywhere in this game, and it was disappointing to see that feature in most of the levels. You can also get extra characters, which consist of one extra move each. The extra move isn't very effective, seeing that you can finish a level by running and jumping. The boss battles are equally cheap. My brothers get so much fun out of it. I decided to game in a separate room, where I discovered that, if you go to your friends list while they are playing Super Meat Boy, there was the title of the game and below it: How many times they died on the level they were playing. This made me wonder if the true fun of this game was to die. I'd like to play a game that was solely meant to be FINISHED, not played a thousand times on the same stage. Expand
  7. Jul 19, 2014
    this game sucks. This game doesn't deserve any attention from you. First, the game is terribly ugly with the blood of meat boy makes graphics very bad taste, In addition, if you like to do 100 000 times the same level this game is for you, because to succeed in this game you must know almost all levels by heart. The handling is also horrible and give you cramps in hands. Another overratedthis game sucks. This game doesn't deserve any attention from you. First, the game is terribly ugly with the blood of meat boy makes graphics very bad taste, In addition, if you like to do 100 000 times the same level this game is for you, because to succeed in this game you must know almost all levels by heart. The handling is also horrible and give you cramps in hands. Another overrated indie game. I give two points for the music which is very good and 8-bit style levels. Expand
  8. Mar 5, 2016
    This game wasn't too bad in the early levels. The controls aren't super tight, but it didn't really matter much as most of the game is just sprinting forward and jumping at the right time. However, later in the game, very specifically, the warp Zone to unlock the kid, you have to use pixel perfect and frame perfect jumps multiple times through the same level. It's stupid, and for me,This game wasn't too bad in the early levels. The controls aren't super tight, but it didn't really matter much as most of the game is just sprinting forward and jumping at the right time. However, later in the game, very specifically, the warp Zone to unlock the kid, you have to use pixel perfect and frame perfect jumps multiple times through the same level. It's stupid, and for me, it's a deal breaker. I looked up the stats on this game and saw that over 95% of buyers never beat the light world. I began to realize that this is another one of those extremely **** games that just wants to be hard and not good.

**** SMB. Is it Hard? Yeah, it's hard. Is it good? **** no, it's not good because it lacks consistency. The jumping, fans and repulsers are all incredibly inconsistent in this game. Next time, Try making a game that's GOOD and also hard, not one that you don't expect anyone to beat. Phil Fish is lucky as **** that you can't return a digital download. This game is not worth the money. Thank god I got it for Free on PSN, just like all the other **** Games that don't Sell.
  9. Jan 7, 2017
    Bêêêh regarde mon indé tout frais que je viens de démouler, même que le "héros' (?) a une tronche de cake et que c'est un morceau de barbaque (de la viande rouge à ce qu'il semble) qui en met partout où il passe, avec les **** bruits qui vont avec (manquerait plus qu'il lâche des caisses pour relâcher la pression).

Baaah attention quand même, il peut courir et sauter mais faut faire

Baaah attention quand même, il peut courir et sauter mais faut faire attention aux scies circulaires qui veulent le découper dans un gros splatch (ololol). Dans ce jeu en 2D EGA 4 couleurs, on se croirait revenu 25 ans en arrière à crever et recommencer pour compenser le contenu famélique, car si tu recommences 50 fois chaque niveau, t'as une belle durée de vie en fin de compte... (si t'aimes ce genre de sous-produit bien entendu, celui de l'arc-réflexe qui ne monte même pas jusqu'au cerveau -ça ferait mal).

Bref, payer à notre époque pour une telle merde, ça dépasse l'entendement... et l'imagination.
  10. Oct 21, 2010

XBLA's best pure-2D platformer to date.
  2. May 3, 2011
    Oldschool-Jump and Run at its finest!
  3. Games Master UK