8.0

1. Jan 13, 2018
    Super Meat Boy
    Super Frustrating
    Super Meatboy is an insta death platformer wit hpuzzle elements where you play as meat boy trying to get through this games 7 different chapters and save bandage girl from the evil dr fetus This game can be beaten in about 6 hours despite each level beign designed to be beaten in less than 20 seconds.. The hook of this game is its frustratingly
    Super Meat Boy
    Super Frustrating
    The hook of this game is its frustratingly addictive difficulty
    The mechanics of Super Meat Boy is simple, which makes it so easy to pick up and in turn so easy to forgive as youre dying over and over..
    You jump, run jump, or wall jump…
    Nothing else…
    Its up to you to use these mechanics to maneuver through the games many obstacle courses of blades, lava, and salt.. and you only have one life to do this…
    The difficulty of levels is really up and down..
    And this is thanks to the game constantly adding new obstacles and enemies to deal with as the game goes on…
    When a new mechanic is introduced it will slow down a bit..
    This in turn creates a great pacing.. the levels aren’t constantly smacking you over the head with difficulty..
    Youll at times get a nice breather…
    But when levels are hard theyre hard…
    and despite them making you want to pull your hair out, its just as hard to put down the controller and walk away.. at least for a little while…
    For me the Charm of super meat boy started to wear off by chapter 3..
    I was over the hook of dying and retrying, but that’s mostly because of the kind of gamer I am…
    Im not into punishment for more than a little while..
    But if you are one of those sick freaks that likes getting to the point of wanting to break your controller, Super Meat Boy is a great platformer full of collectables to unlock new characters, hidden levels, charm, great characters, and surprisingly engaging boss battles that only feel cheap the first 100 times you die…
    I give Super Meat Boy
    an 8/10
  2. Mar 20, 2017
    Until playing Super Meat Boy I thought Super Mario World had the best 2d platformer physics. Super Meat Boy has now taken that crown. The game is all about its movement mechanics and continually impresses you in how it finds new ways to use them.
  3. Jan 7, 2017
    Bêêêh regarde mon indé tout frais que je viens de démouler, même que le "héros' (?) a une tronche de cake et que c'est un morceau de barbaque (de la viande rouge à ce qu'il semble) qui en met partout où il passe, avec les **** bruits qui vont avec (manquerait plus qu'il lâche des caisses pour relâcher la pression).

Baaah attention quand même, il peut courir et sauter mais faut faire

Baaah attention quand même, il peut courir et sauter mais faut faire attention aux scies circulaires qui veulent le découper dans un gros splatch (ololol). Dans ce jeu en 2D EGA 4 couleurs, on se croirait revenu 25 ans en arrière à crever et recommencer pour compenser le contenu famélique, car si tu recommences 50 fois chaque niveau, t'as une belle durée de vie en fin de compte... (si t'aimes ce genre de sous-produit bien entendu, celui de l'arc-réflexe qui ne monte même pas jusqu'au cerveau -ça ferait mal).

Bref, payer à notre époque pour une telle merde, ça dépasse l'entendement... et l'imagination.
  4. Jun 6, 2016
    Super Meat Boy is a game where normal gameplay seems like speedrun.
    The art is pretty and enjoyable.
    The controls are magnificently accurate (it may look like it's the opposite in the first hard levels, but you just need to get along with it). Real good unlockables and challenges. But the climax of the game is the soundtrack. It involves you in the atmosphere of the level, making you
    Super Meat Boy is a game where normal gameplay seems like speedrun.
    The art is pretty and enjoyable.
    Real good unlockables and challenges.
    But the climax of the game is the soundtrack. It involves you in the atmosphere of the level, making you notice you're really going somewhere in the game (dark worlds are amazing too).
    Only thing I have to complain about is the story. It's gross and pointless and can't please everyone. But it's the game identity thought, so it's not a negative point of it.
    Verdict: If you're fan of speedruns, challenges like Dark Souls (it may seem impossible at first, but you workout to manage to pass something), nonsense humor and epic platforming, you should really consider play this game. 10/10.
  5. Mar 5, 2016
    This game wasn't too bad in the early levels. The controls aren't super tight, but it didn't really matter much as most of the game is just sprinting forward and jumping at the right time. However, later in the game, very specifically, the warp Zone to unlock the kid, you have to use pixel perfect and frame perfect jumps multiple times through the same level. It's stupid, and for me,This game wasn't too bad in the early levels. The controls aren't super tight, but it didn't really matter much as most of the game is just sprinting forward and jumping at the right time. However, later in the game, very specifically, the warp Zone to unlock the kid, you have to use pixel perfect and frame perfect jumps multiple times through the same level. It's stupid, and for me, it's a deal breaker. I looked up the stats on this game and saw that over 95% of buyers never beat the light world. I began to realize that this is another one of those extremely **** games that just wants to be hard and not good.

**** SMB. Is it Hard? Yeah, it's hard. Is it good? **** no, it's not good because it lacks consistency. The jumping, fans and repulsers are all incredibly inconsistent in this game. Next time, Try making a game that's GOOD and also hard, not one that you don't expect anyone to beat. Phil Fish is lucky as **** that you can't return a digital download. This game is not worth the money. Thank god I got it for Free on PSN, just like all the other **** Games that don't Sell.
  6. Oct 8, 2015
    Game play is tight and precise, story is cute and enjoyable to watch. The problem with the game is that it's boring. The little cut scenes are the only interesting thing about the game, the rest of it is bland. Game is very repetitive, which is the main culprit of the game being boring.
  7. Feb 17, 2015
    I give this game a 10 but take this review with a grain of salt. I have ALOT of time in this game, I think its the best single player experience I've had in gaming but I can't recommend it for everybody.

The game is for a specific kind of gamer. Let me just say before you start, you WILL die and you will die over and over again. So why is it so good? The controls are ridiculously tight, aside from lag issues you will never die without knowing it was you who screwed up :D There are no unfair jump scare style obstacles, no control issues, no R.N.G. based jumps or unfair enemies, everything is about you and your ability to play.

The game comprises over 300 levels mostly short, about 10-30 second for the average player though most can be done in under 10 depending on character choice and skill.

There are 15 playable characters and most have their own appeal though some are just kinda gimmicky or useless.

The introduction to the game is gradual, most gamers will put away forest (chapter 1) and wonder what the hype is about for this game but you will find a challenge in the game and even more should you choose to speedrun, which aside from the tiny RNG element brought in by Larry and GG, (you'll know what I mean if you speedrun,) is a great game for speedruning.

I have praised the level design already but there are a few levels in the 300+ which I wont reveal the names of but that are just annoying, nothing more too it. Many allow for inventive routing and some still have character debates (who's fastest, who's safest etc.) 5 years after release which should show how well constructed the game is. The speedrun's are still evolving be it IL, or 106.

So in summary, if you want a hard platformer, are patient and dont mind repition, this is completely worth a play.If you hate repetition, forget it. and if you want a speedrun game go for it.
  8. Sep 13, 2014
    This is my favorite game in all of Xbox 360 arcade library. The gameplay is hard as nails, but the controls never make it unfair. Simply because the controls are so crisp. You're always in control, you make a small mistake, you're gonna feel it. Gamers that look for a challenge, this is it. It's the one game I'm truly proud of having 100% completed. It's gonna take time and tears, butThis is my favorite game in all of Xbox 360 arcade library. The gameplay is hard as nails, but the controls never make it unfair. Simply because the controls are so crisp. You're always in control, you make a small mistake, you're gonna feel it. Gamers that look for a challenge, this is it. It's the one game I'm truly proud of having 100% completed. It's gonna take time and tears, but stick with it and you're gonna have a blast. Expand
  9. Jul 19, 2014
    this game sucks. This game doesn't deserve any attention from you. First, the game is terribly ugly with the blood of meat boy makes graphics very bad taste, In addition, if you like to do 100 000 times the same level this game is for you, because to succeed in this game you must know almost all levels by heart. The handling is also horrible and give you cramps in hands. Another overratedthis game sucks. This game doesn't deserve any attention from you. First, the game is terribly ugly with the blood of meat boy makes graphics very bad taste, In addition, if you like to do 100 000 times the same level this game is for you, because to succeed in this game you must know almost all levels by heart. The handling is also horrible and give you cramps in hands. Another overrated indie game. I give two points for the music which is very good and 8-bit style levels. Expand
  10. Apr 10, 2014
    Literally took me just over a year to beat. Not because it has that much content, but because it's so challenging that I kept having to take extended breaks from it in fear of returning to the glory days of gaming where I snapped controllers in half or threw them at my TV because the game did not give a **** about my skill level, I either achieved what it was demanding of me or I did notLiterally took me just over a year to beat. Not because it has that much content, but because it's so challenging that I kept having to take extended breaks from it in fear of returning to the glory days of gaming where I snapped controllers in half or threw them at my TV because the game did not give a **** about my skill level, I either achieved what it was demanding of me or I did not see the next level. When I finally got 200/200 achievement points, I took a screenshot and put it in a super-important section of my email, as a permanent trophy of the frustration I endured in order to get a useless trophy. It's a video-game pride thing.

I do kind of wish we had more of these games, because it reminds me a lot of the early days of gaming, but I also realize why we don't have a lot of them. It's just too punishing to be a sustainable business model, but damn, did I ever love this game while it was making fun of me for being unable to eat bricks.

Only real issue was playing with that crummy 360 dpad. If this were playable with a SNES or PS controller, it'd be a sublimely infuriating 10/10.
  11. Feb 12, 2014
    The game is plainly incredible. The humor and annoyingly hard gameplay is enough to keep you hooked for hours. While some people dislike the game for being too difficult and having hard, short levels, this works for and not against Meat Boy. This game is mean to you, but this makes you want to fight back. After completing the game, getting A+'s and finding all the bandages, the dark world,The game is plainly incredible. The humor and annoyingly hard gameplay is enough to keep you hooked for hours. While some people dislike the game for being too difficult and having hard, short levels, this works for and not against Meat Boy. This game is mean to you, but this makes you want to fight back. After completing the game, getting A+'s and finding all the bandages, the dark world, cotton alley, and then doing speedruns, I still wanted to play more. That's a great testament to why this game is incredible. Expand
  12. Feb 1, 2014
    Heard about this game from watching a drunken let's play done by Clementj642 on Youtube. The game looked pretty fun and such and I decided to check out the demo. I enjoyed the demo enough to buy myself the game. After having a fun time through the first 2 worlds I got stuck on the 3rd one, lol. I quit the game for a few months until one of my best friends sent me a copy of the game on pcHeard about this game from watching a drunken let's play done by Clementj642 on Youtube. The game looked pretty fun and such and I decided to check out the demo. I enjoyed the demo enough to buy myself the game. After having a fun time through the first 2 worlds I got stuck on the 3rd one, lol. I quit the game for a few months until one of my best friends sent me a copy of the game on pc (always a sweetheart). I played the game on the pc and I found the same enjoyment as before and much much more. The more I played the game the more I loved it. The gameplay is very nice and all the characters move very fluently. Most of all in the game I believe I love the sense of accomplishment whenever I finish a very tough level for the first time. The game is very difficult but with enough practice anyone can beat any of the levels in it. The game brings a wonderful enjoyment to the player when it comes to completing a level and the soundtrack adds more enjoyment in my book. It's a game I can recommend to anyone looking for a challenge or a fun platformer. Expand
  13. Oct 7, 2013
    Just An Amazing platformer that really pushes you to use your mind and think about how to stop the pointy objects hitting you in the face and spewing all your meaty goodness around the room, 10/10 would bang
  14. Jun 8, 2013
    Oh My GOD! This game is probably the hardest and most addicting game ever. I said next death over and over for 3 hours until I was able to pull myself away! This Game is both clever and difficult. When I say difficult, I mean reserved for true gamers only. If you think you can rise up to the challenge and not get addicted, (Well you are wrong) buy this game now.
  15. Apr 28, 2013
    Great mini game it has a lot of levels and you can find your self spending endless amount of time playing this game it is great and its only 1600 Microsoft points I would recommend this game to anyone its a different type of game that you may find yourself enjoying
  16. Jan 18, 2013
    If you like enduring lots of suffering and pain then this is your game. The controls are simple, but with out practice you'll never really feel in control. The game has short levels that only take like 10 to 20 seconds if you don't die in the first 3. The levels are insane and I never beat the game, but I know it only get's harder and That isn't the kind of game I want to play.
  17. Dec 20, 2012
    Not that anyone follows my reviews, but if you did you may know that I am on a campaign against games that purposely, and endlessly, frustrate the player. And, people, this is the epicenter (this and The Witcher 2, and the fact that this is worse than that terrible game speaks volumes). The developers had a cool and original idea, and that took up the first 15% of the meeting. Than theyNot that anyone follows my reviews, but if you did you may know that I am on a campaign against games that purposely, and endlessly, frustrate the player. And, people, this is the epicenter (this and The Witcher 2, and the fact that this is worse than that terrible game speaks volumes). The developers had a cool and original idea, and that took up the first 15% of the meeting. Than they said "lets make the player sooo mad that they have to like this game". You know what? There's karma for this typer of thing. Bye-Bye. Expand
  18. Nov 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly, I love this game. Why? Because it's not a Mario. You're not strictly limited to a single path. You're not restricted to a given amount of lives. The power-ups are replaced by extra characters being cameos from other popular retro-style series like Castle Crashers, Alien Hominid, and Bit.Trip Runner. The level design is infuriatingly difficult, yet it never borders on impossible. The buttery controls are really annoying at times, but I guess that's how it was meant to be. All in all, if you're a fan of those tough-as-nails platformers like I Wanna Be the Guy or N+, this should be the next game to add to your library. That is, if you don't already have it. Expand
  19. Nov 28, 2012
    I can only see a 5-year-old getting some fun out of this game. You can't really control your character fluently. The cheap level design doesn't help it at all. The reason why I give it an extra point is that all of the levels were unique, by design and placement I mean. Buzz saws are everywhere in this game, and it was disappointing to see that feature in most of the levels. You can alsoI can only see a 5-year-old getting some fun out of this game. You can't really control your character fluently. The cheap level design doesn't help it at all. The reason why I give it an extra point is that all of the levels were unique, by design and placement I mean. Buzz saws are everywhere in this game, and it was disappointing to see that feature in most of the levels. You can also get extra characters, which consist of one extra move each. The extra move isn't very effective, seeing that you can finish a level by running and jumping. The boss battles are equally cheap. My brothers get so much fun out of it. I decided to game in a separate room, where I discovered that, if you go to your friends list while they are playing Super Meat Boy, there was the title of the game and below it: How many times they died on the level they were playing. This made me wonder if the true fun of this game was to die. I'd like to play a game that was solely meant to be FINISHED, not played a thousand times on the same stage. Expand
  20. Oct 29, 2012
    Looking for an old school challenge with decent humor and tons of unlockables? SMB is tough, and requires strategy, skill, and patience, but pays off when you see all of your attempts assault the level at once upon completion. I can promise you, there is no luck or chance in this game. It is skill based, and the controls are tight, responding directly to input. Aside from numerous easterLooking for an old school challenge with decent humor and tons of unlockables? SMB is tough, and requires strategy, skill, and patience, but pays off when you see all of your attempts assault the level at once upon completion. I can promise you, there is no luck or chance in this game. It is skill based, and the controls are tight, responding directly to input. Aside from numerous easter eggs, and the level ending reward, there is nothing else new to platformers. The difficulty will frustrate everyone, especially towards the end, but Super Meat Boy is a pleasant and surprisingly difficult challenge you can relish in. Expand
  21. Aug 14, 2012
    There's only 1 word that perfectly describes this game. SICK. The level design is sick, the difficulty is sick, the art is sick. It's absolutely awesome! There is so much to unlock and find in this game, it's truly unbelievable. Hundreds of levels and hours and hours of fun. Yes, there are times where you're tearing your hair out because it's so difficult.. BUT THAT'S THE FUN OF IT! IfThere's only 1 word that perfectly describes this game. SICK. The level design is sick, the difficulty is sick, the art is sick. It's absolutely awesome! There is so much to unlock and find in this game, it's truly unbelievable. Hundreds of levels and hours and hours of fun. Yes, there are times where you're tearing your hair out because it's so difficult.. BUT THAT'S THE FUN OF IT! If you're not good at platformers or prefer hand holding, this game is NOT for you. It requires practice and patience, skills which a lot of people these days don't have. The rest of you, enjoy! 10 out of 10! Expand
  22. Jun 14, 2012
    I decided to give the game 1 in score since it had "okay" controls and a few funny moments. Those two factors however, are microscopic compared to the awful level design, cheap difficulty and short playtime. It seams like we have come to a time were being unfairly difficult, suddenly means good. If the game has so terrible physics and controls that it becomes a puzzle just using a fan toI decided to give the game 1 in score since it had "okay" controls and a few funny moments. Those two factors however, are microscopic compared to the awful level design, cheap difficulty and short playtime. It seams like we have come to a time were being unfairly difficult, suddenly means good. If the game has so terrible physics and controls that it becomes a puzzle just using a fan to jump to a platform, the game is apparently good. You do have unlimited lives however, sso that you can play the same thing 50+ times until you finally get it. FUN. Also, the controls are slightly off. Meatboy doesn't jump when you jump, which can get pretty annoying when your walljumping from small platforms and need to be quick. The story is pretty much Mario, but with a fetus. Charming. Also, the final boss to this game, has to be the absolute stupidest, most unfair thing I've ever fought in a videogame. This game is just pure trial and error, but emphasised on the error part. Also, if you're going to pick on my grammar, I'm Norwegian. Compared to the rest of Norway, I talk and write perfect English. Expand
  23. Feb 7, 2012
    This game made me want to cry at one point... I can say nothing but tight controls, great music, and great replay ability. Although this is lacking in a review sense, there is really nothing to say about the game other than it is fantastic, but it can be too hard at some points. I would give the game a 9.5, but since i can only give whole numbers, I'll give team meat the benefit on thisThis game made me want to cry at one point... I can say nothing but tight controls, great music, and great replay ability. Although this is lacking in a review sense, there is really nothing to say about the game other than it is fantastic, but it can be too hard at some points. I would give the game a 9.5, but since i can only give whole numbers, I'll give team meat the benefit on this one, great job guys. Expand
  24. Dec 28, 2011
    If you seek a feeling of accomplishment in your life, finishing this game will certainly do that for you. Super Meat Boy is an excellent platformer that really punishes you for making a mistake but rewards perfection. Most levels in Super Meat Boy are less than 30 seconds long, but some of them will take you hours and will have you crying out in anger. Once you've done a level you getIf you seek a feeling of accomplishment in your life, finishing this game will certainly do that for you. Super Meat Boy is an excellent platformer that really punishes you for making a mistake but rewards perfection. Most levels in Super Meat Boy are less than 30 seconds long, but some of them will take you hours and will have you crying out in anger. Once you've done a level you get to sit back and watch the replay of all your miserable attempts at once. The main game it's self is fairly big as it is, and the last boss is a real killer, but once you manage to finish it you'll still have the dark world levels (which is just as big, but a little harder), plenty of bandages to get and also a few warp zones which send you into early adaptations of Super Meat Boy like 8 bit, which are great little throw backs for any retro game lovers. Easily the best title on XBLA. Expand
  25. Dec 17, 2011
    it is a really hard but addictive and simple platforming game. very old school in graphics and presentation. charming enough and with plenty of meat in the campaign =p . Ive got a good amount of playtime out of it and i'm still not done with it yet. it is a very punishing game and you will likely be repeating levels hundreds of times to either get good enough to beat them, or becauseit is a really hard but addictive and simple platforming game. very old school in graphics and presentation. charming enough and with plenty of meat in the campaign =p . Ive got a good amount of playtime out of it and i'm still not done with it yet. it is a very punishing game and you will likely be repeating levels hundreds of times to either get good enough to beat them, or because theres a really tricky bandage you need in them. i can recommend it to anybody who has the patience for these hard as nails games, like trails HD and geometry wars etc Expand
  26. Nov 29, 2011
    For what it is and what it attempts to be, this game is perfect. Never will you complain about it being too short or too easy, which are common issues with recent games. If you are looking for a highly challenging plat-former, here it is. I personally haven't completed this game and doubt I ever will, but I'm not going to be childish and lower my score because of that. Games should beFor what it is and what it attempts to be, this game is perfect. Never will you complain about it being too short or too easy, which are common issues with recent games. If you are looking for a highly challenging plat-former, here it is. I personally haven't completed this game and doubt I ever will, but I'm not going to be childish and lower my score because of that. Games should be difficult, otherwise there would be no learning curve. Expand
  27. Nov 5, 2011
    Truly a fantastic 2D platformer and a great game. Whoever says that the controls in this game are bad have no idea what they are talking about. These are some of the best controls I have ever seen. The fact that you can maneuver Meat Boy with such ease shows that, when you die, it's not the game's fault, it's the players. The music in this game is also stupendous. It sets the hardcore moodTruly a fantastic 2D platformer and a great game. Whoever says that the controls in this game are bad have no idea what they are talking about. These are some of the best controls I have ever seen. The fact that you can maneuver Meat Boy with such ease shows that, when you die, it's not the game's fault, it's the players. The music in this game is also stupendous. It sets the hardcore mood really nicely and the stunning visuals help as well. The only drawback in this game is that it gets a little repetitive and that it is mostly due to it's insane difficulty. I'm all for hard games, but the end stages of this game in Dark World are almost impossible and sometimes you just feel like giving up. Expand
  28. Oct 15, 2011
    Super Meat Boy is a brilliant collective of nostalgia and a this-gen, independent, superclass. Whilst the simile idea of frustration may throw people off, it is still a game that I recommend everyone plays, even if that is simply playing the previous version on Newgrounds, it is still worth it. Obviously though there are huge differences between the two versions, for one, the Xbox versionSuper Meat Boy is a brilliant collective of nostalgia and a this-gen, independent, superclass. Whilst the simile idea of frustration may throw people off, it is still a game that I recommend everyone plays, even if that is simply playing the previous version on Newgrounds, it is still worth it. Obviously though there are huge differences between the two versions, for one, the Xbox version is ten times better. evidently realism lacks because it is simply a cube of meat fighting a fetus for pink **** so donâ Expand
  29. Oct 14, 2011
    If you ever played Mario, Sonic, Mega man or any of the sega/nintendo machine classic platformers, you will love this game. It's a throw back to those retro classics, with multiple nods to the past games that obviously inspired it. The cut scenes are charmingly funny with a little bit of an edge. Possibly the best platform game this gen. Difficulty level really raises in later levels andIf you ever played Mario, Sonic, Mega man or any of the sega/nintendo machine classic platformers, you will love this game. It's a throw back to those retro classics, with multiple nods to the past games that obviously inspired it. The cut scenes are charmingly funny with a little bit of an edge. Possibly the best platform game this gen. Difficulty level really raises in later levels and presents a difficult challenge for hardcore gamers. A Great Game on XBLA, Highly recommended to any platformer fan. Expand
  30. Oct 13, 2011
    I'll keep it short and sweet. This game is a solid 10. I originally played the demo and thought no thanks on the purchase. I waited about a year and was feening for some old school 2D games... SMB I tried. This game has the best controls... some reviews say otherwise. I find that funny... because if you happen to beat this game and get good enough to pass some of the challenging levelsI'll keep it short and sweet. This game is a solid 10. I originally played the demo and thought no thanks on the purchase. I waited about a year and was feening for some old school 2D games... SMB I tried. This game has the best controls... some reviews say otherwise. I find that funny... because if you happen to beat this game and get good enough to pass some of the challenging levels you'll notice first and foremost how incredibly detailed the play mechanics are... as the moves needed are precise.

I don't claim to be an elite gamer... I did beat the game... and when I got to play as BandAid Girl I never completed her world because it was too hard. I also was unable to beat the dark world for the final level. The only character that I gave up on trying to get was The Kid... I think "The Kid" levels, only playing the first level are beyond impossible.... and if you've gotten past this, you are a savant.

I thought I was getting old because I lost interest in games... after discovery Team Meat and McMillen I have the same feeling I got when I played old school consoles.

The unlockables are fanastic, and the old school throwbacks (i.e. Gameboy levels) are top notch. This game opened me up to a bunch of Indie Games I never heard of and I thank you SMB for doing so.

XBLA's best pure-2D platformer to date.
  2. May 3, 2011
    Oldschool-Jump and Run at its finest!
  3. Games Master UK