Surf's Up Xbox 360

6.1

1. GideonV.D.
    Jun 1, 2007
    Some of the best water graphics I've ever seen!
  2. DaveC.
    May 3, 2007
    This game is amazing to me man! Being a huge surfing fan (I used to get my board out and pretend to surf when I was living inland) I was keen to check this game out. I was a little worried about the cartoon aspect because I love realism, however this game exceeded my expectations. I sit back with a few brewskies and play with friends via webcam...surf's up!
  3. Apr 30, 2013
    I have to admit that I am not the target audience. I must be 20 years too old! This was purely a purchase for the EASY 1000 gamerpoints on offer.
    For this though it was not all that terrible. Its an arcade style game kind of like doing the half pipe in a Tony Hawks game. You sweep up a wave, perform a stunt get some points and boost and continue. It is mixed up by having to get collectibles through some of the maps but this is easy as whatever you have picked up on previous run throughs is not present on retry attempts so its very easy to get. I would be unsure if kids would really get that much out of the game. It is very one dimensional and I personally do not thing that this would give more than a few hours before kids got bored.
    Graphically its not all that great and the AI is terrible (Again possibly as its a kids game)
    This would be a purchase for me only if cheap and if you are looking to boost you gamer score.
  4. StephaneJ.
    Jul 23, 2007
    Awful, just awful. No freedom at all, which is a pity for a surf game. The rendition of water is plain terrible, and the controls are too simplistic.
  5. benJamin
    May 11, 2007
    Ref: Dave C and his imagination.
    The game is not out anywhere and i would know, so why do you let people send in reviews to which they are not and has not play let alone seen this game. And if he is playing it then he works for the company who made it and can not give an honest opinion!

ps Halo 3 is great, me and my imaginary friend play it online evey night!! Berks

The gameplay is simple but enjoyable and kids in love with the movie are sure to have a good time with the game, but the fact remains that this is a bloated price tag on a barebones game.
  2. Hanging 10 in this movie-licensed surfing game has its moments--just don't expect to enjoy it for very long.
  3. Surf’s Up could have been another crappy shovelware title based on yet another animated movie license. Instead it turned out to be one hell of a fun ride, albeit an extremely short one.