Tenchu Z Xbox 360

7.3

1. Aaace5
    Jul 2, 2007
    It's pretty easy to see that this game was originally an xbob 1 game, that they shined up and ported over to the 360. The overall game itself is ok... But it could have been something great! If they had have did a graphical overhaul, made the A.I. smarted and more realistic, and tightened the controls up some - tenchu Z would have easily been the best in it's history. I suspect It's pretty easy to see that this game was originally an xbob 1 game, that they shined up and ported over to the 360. The overall game itself is ok... But it could have been something great! If they had have did a graphical overhaul, made the A.I. smarted and more realistic, and tightened the controls up some - tenchu Z would have easily been the best in it's history. I suspect that this game was a test to see if 360 gamers cared if tenchu was on 360, so I believe that the next version should make this game a distant memory... I hope! Expand
  2. Eli
    Jun 18, 2007
    It's rather easy to decipher why reviewers haven't been to fond of Tenchu Z. First of all the game plays exactly like all the other Tenchu and needless to say that isn't a good thing at this point. Tenchu is a series that could have evolved to something really good but the developers are too lazy to try and be different. Let me just say this before I start ripping Tenchu Z It's rather easy to decipher why reviewers haven't been to fond of Tenchu Z. First of all the game plays exactly like all the other Tenchu and needless to say that isn't a good thing at this point. Tenchu is a series that could have evolved to something really good but the developers are too lazy to try and be different. Let me just say this before I start ripping Tenchu Z a new one. I had fun with this game it's my biggest guilty pleasure game in quite some time. Despite it's numerous failures as a game I still found playing through it to be a good time but there is no doubt in my mind that it is still a bad game no matter how you spin it. The graphics aren't flat out awful but there is no doubt that they fall into the category of mediocore and at times plain ugly. There is little variety in the levels and you'll soon be repeating the same level over and over again. You'll get that feeling of deja vu as you realize you are doing the same exact missions in the same exact levels over and over again. The gameplay is the standard Tenchu affair. The X button is your only ally and stealth kills are really cool. The combat still sucks ass. There really isn't much to it. The game itself isn't much of a struggle and is without a doubt the easiest game I've played all year. Most of the missions you do involving killing some person. You can easily beat any level in under minute by simply rushing to the target and killing him. The enemy a.i. is without a doubt the worst I've ever encountered in a videogame. FPS Master the a.i. in this game is in no way a mixed bag. It is just hilariously awful. Enemies that see you will give up persuit the second you turn a corner. Enemies can smell you if you fell in a cesspool but they can't see you killing the guard that is standing about ten feet in front of them. They can't hear their friends screams as they are gutted directly behind them. I mean there are just so many things wrong with the a.i. I couldn't even begin to describe them. The reviewers are completely justified in ripping on the a.i. as it is close to broken. Tenchu Z is a mockery to the stealth genre but it's something that still can be a bit of fun to play but there is no doubt that it is a crap game. Expand
  3. EdT.
    Jun 28, 2007
    I have to agree with the reviewers on this one: Tenchu Z is a pretty crappy game; but somehow, it still remains fun. From the graphics to the AI to the controls, every single aspect of the game could have been improved in one way or another. And yet, most people can't seem to escape the puzzling fact that the game is still enjoyable. I guess there's just something inherently I have to agree with the reviewers on this one: Tenchu Z is a pretty crappy game; but somehow, it still remains fun. From the graphics to the AI to the controls, every single aspect of the game could have been improved in one way or another. And yet, most people can't seem to escape the puzzling fact that the game is still enjoyable. I guess there's just something inherently cool about being a ninja, sneaking around in the shadows. Despite all the flaws, they managed to keep that feeling intact, so I guess the developers deserve SOME credit. And you can't go wrong with 4-player coop ninjas. That's just something I couldn't pass up. Expand
  4. Sep 9, 2011
    I've always loved the Tenchu series,and though this game is a technical nightmare.I just don't care about that for once.Wanna be a Ninja and do Ninja stuff?This is it.
  5. May 30, 2013
    Though the combat for this game absolutely sucks, I enjoy it. It encourages you to actually be sneaky instead of just rushing in and whaling on everything until it falls. While it's fun to be sneak around and assassinate people, it gets boring after 15-16 missions. Overall, this is an okay game you might want to check out, but I can't recommend it.
  6. Jan 22, 2015
    If you play this game the way it was intended, it's enjoyable for your inner-ninja. If you aren't the stealthy type, the controls are rather unintuitive in combat. There are a few boss battles littered throughout the 50 missions, and being forced into open combat after numerous missions filled with nothing but stealth kills— the sudden shift in pacing can feel totally unfamiliar and putIf you play this game the way it was intended, it's enjoyable for your inner-ninja. If you aren't the stealthy type, the controls are rather unintuitive in combat. There are a few boss battles littered throughout the 50 missions, and being forced into open combat after numerous missions filled with nothing but stealth kills— the sudden shift in pacing can feel totally unfamiliar and put you at a serious disadvantage. Not to mention dying at the end of the mission will still require you to start the mission over at the very beginning. Checkpoints would've been nice.

I learned early on that my ninja was the only person in feudal Japan who knows how to swim, so my tactic for boss battles quickly became a game of "let's go down to the river" ...made easier still when I learned that your ultimate offensive weapon in open combat.... is a dead body. They have no defense against a corpse being thrown at them.

Multiplayer seemed like an afterthought for the developer. This was one of the last games I played where its preferable to play with friends via system link. Matchmaking over the internet was practically unplayable.

1. Play Magazine
    Ninja games being as rare as they've become, its nice to have "Tenchu" back, especially given the number of refinements FROM have added, along with the online play. [June 2007, p.74]
  2. Tenchu fans will definitely not be disappointed. Tenchu Senran is easily the best Tenchu game to date. [JPN Import]
  3. It doesn't do anything that hasn't been seen dozens of times before and fails to inspire the player to push forward. You can get this kind of stealth action elsewhere, and for a cheaper price.