5.6

1. Jul 9, 2012
    I love racing games. However, I'll be honest: I'm not the biggest Ferrari fan. (I root AGAINST them in Formula 1, and I prefer Lamborghinis, Lotuses, and American muscle.)

Therefore, I thought for a while before purchasing this game, as it's exclusively focused on putting historic and modern Ferraris through their paces on racing tracks. Plus, I prefer open-world racing games, or at least those that FEEL like open-world (Need for Speed: The Run).

Now that I've been playing this game for five days, I am very glad I did decide to get it. The cars are rendered beautifully, which, if you love Ferraris, will mean even more to you than it does to me. And I LOVE the way they handle. When you're driving an old GT car or historic single-seater, they feel exactly as I'd expect them to feel. You're going to have to deal with some bumps throwing the car off balance, and other realistic quirks. As you proceed to modern cars, such as the turbocharged F1-87 Formula 1 car, you'll feel a complete difference. You can absolutely experience the evolution of transmissions, brakes, and suspensions in this game! I'd say that's a big accomplishment.

You know how some people call certain sports cars "driver's cars?" That's what this game feels like: a driver's game that's a lot of fun if you want not TOO much of a challenge, but not an arcade racer that would bore the simulator folks.

As to the missions in the campaign mode, this is an extremely structured, linear game. That being said, I really have enjoyed the missions. You'll do things that just "feel" like accurate real-life challenges, such as playing "follow the leader" with the Ferrari team's number 1 Grand Prix driver while you're learning. Or making sure to win a race while also making sure that your teammate finishes 2nd, for a nice 1-2 photo finish.

If you love Ferraris, I'm almost positive you'll enjoy this game. If you love any racing game that's a challenge, AND isn't completely unrealistic in terms of handling, then you'll appreciate this game even if you aren't a Ferrari nut.

Recommended.

1. Sep 4, 2012
    A Ferrari-simulator with a lot of unlockable cars and solid racing mechanics. Unfortunately the single player campaign is staggeringly hard. Only recommendable for hardcore Ferrari fans, and especially not for the impatient.
  2. CD-Action
    Aug 29, 2012
    It's so easy to find a better racing game that I can't recommend Ferrari Racing Legends to anyone but the most loyal fans of the car company from Modena. [10/2012, p.68]
  3. Games Master UK
    Aug 23, 2012
    Challenging racer with good attention to detail and many iconic vehicles and tracks. [Oct 2012, p.87]