6.3

1. Aug 26, 2010
    The Bigs was an extremely fun game (except for Home Run Pinball). The Bigs 2 - not so much. It's like they (the developers) looked at all the things that made The Bigs fun, and then eliminated them in The Bigs 2. Things like getting to choose which path you want to take with your "superstar". You don't get to decide if you want a speed demon or a slugger in the early portions - theThe Bigs was an extremely fun game (except for Home Run Pinball). The Bigs 2 - not so much. It's like they (the developers) looked at all the things that made The Bigs fun, and then eliminated them in The Bigs 2. Things like getting to choose which path you want to take with your "superstar". You don't get to decide if you want a speed demon or a slugger in the early portions - the path now is fairly linear. Another gripe is the way they programmed the batter's "power-up". It's fairly useless in The Bigs 2. You actually hit better not pulling the trigger and forcing the opposing pitcher to throw a strike. I have no idea why they changed that aspect - it was a fairly stupid decision. (The Big Blast & Big Heat are still fairly good though.) There are going to have to be some seriously good reviews for me to shell out the dough for The Bigs 3. As for The Bigs 2 - my recommendation is to skip it, or at the least buy it at a steep discount. Expand
  2. JoeC
    Jul 10, 2009
    I don't get the appeal of this game. I played the demo and never got to bat. The cpu scored like 12 runs and every hit was either a homerun or a double (regardless of where I pitched it). I was lucky to get an out cuz the cpu actually hit a ball right at one of my guys. After 12 runs I turned it off and deleted the demo.
  3. NickH.
    Jul 15, 2009
    Worst game anybody will ever play. don't play if you are a fan of baseball.

1. Doesn't make any earth-shattering changes to its predecessor, but it also doesn't break anything, either. [Aug 2009, p.76]
  2. The BIGS 2 comes through huge. It's still the game that it was meant to be, it's got a season mode and it's still baseball as opposed to a sideshow. The new version is deeper and a little more polished, and that's more than can be said about most sports games.
    The Bigs 2, like its predecessor, is bringing fans an action-packed experience with the same over-the-top gameplay that made the first so enjoyable - and it's doing it with far less glitches.