8.4

1. Nov 12, 2011
    Simply amazing. Rich lore and amazing gameplay. There is no reason NOT to buy this game. The glitches will be patched as soon as possible. I really enjoy sneaking around as a ranger.
  2. Nov 12, 2011
    Skyrim is the best Singleplayer experience I had in 13 years. It won't dethrone OoT as the best game of all times, but to me, its the first real contender. The scale of this game is massive and there is so much to do, it never gets boring. The game manages to create such a fantastic atmosphere that it becomes hard to stop playing. You always want to go to the next quest, etc. GOTY.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    Nothing more to say other than if you like rpgs and you like hundreds of hours worth of fun then look no further. A game this large is not without its share of minor bugs, but these things pale in comparison to the sheer volume of content. Not an excuse, but the expectation that a game would be bug free and this huge is a misplaced one. The overall accomplishment here warrants a Ten.
  4. Nov 12, 2011
    Overall an extremely enjoyable, rewarding and deep gaming experience, A definite step up from oblivion, both in graphics and game-play. And it's a game that can continue to be enjoyed for at least ten times longer than any other game out at the moment.
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Honestly, this is one of the best games I have played in a long LONG time. I don't even usually get excited for RPG's either. The bugs will get worked out eventually, but in my experience they do not get in the way too much. A couple of crashes here and there, but for the most part an excellent game.
  6. Nov 12, 2011
    If I had to pick one word to describe Skyrim, it would me "Epic". From its generously large handcrafted open word, to it's creatively written books found scattered around the world of Skyrim. Since Oblivion, made changes have been implemented this time around. Some of those innovations borrowed from Fallout, some new to Skyrim, such as sprinting, which is important for open world games,If I had to pick one word to describe Skyrim, it would me "Epic". From its generously large handcrafted open word, to it's creatively written books found scattered around the world of Skyrim. Since Oblivion, made changes have been implemented this time around. Some of those innovations borrowed from Fallout, some new to Skyrim, such as sprinting, which is important for open world games, and adds the ability to have chasing quests and dual wielding. The story being as rich as ever, with the added epic-ness of dragons and scripted events. While the close range combat still feels kind of wonky, its been much improved since the last game, and third person looks and feels a lot better and more natural. Overall the gameplay has been much improved since the last game, and unlike the previous games in the series, the combat is actual incentive to play. Another great thing about Skyrim, is the new Creation engine, with beautiful vistas, and amazing weapons models, and although faces and animations are substantially better then with the Gamebryo engine, they look less impressive then everything else. Besides the improved graphics, gameplay, and narrative/story, Skyrim's most important improvement is the interface. I cannot begin to explain how much I personally love the new interface. Unlike Oblivion's interface, Skryim's is cleaner, partly because it uses clear font rather than cursive/formal font and partly because is more accessible and simplified, making it a breeze to see what quest your on, or what weapon you have equipped. I could go on and on about new addition to the HUD and interface, but then this review will go on far longer then necessary. On top of everything I previously mentioned, one thing that really stands out about Skryim is it phenomenal sound track, being epic or beautiful when either is appropriate along with the great voice acting and overall sound effects submersing you into the game. This game is the kind of game you never want to put down, and it taking over 100 hours to even beat the game doesn't help, this game has so much to it, from the 100's of books to read, to the 150 dungeons, there is always something to do in the magnificent word of Skryim. Do yourself a favor and pickup this game. Expand
  7. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim is a truly amazing game. I enjoyed Oblivion very much, but Skyrim surpasses it easily. The world is and feel enormous, and the idea of managing to visit even the majority of its locations is daunting. I normally like to do side quests before moving on with the primary storyline, but in the case of this game I have spent hours not on side quests, but just on exploring andSkyrim is a truly amazing game. I enjoyed Oblivion very much, but Skyrim surpasses it easily. The world is and feel enormous, and the idea of managing to visit even the majority of its locations is daunting. I normally like to do side quests before moving on with the primary storyline, but in the case of this game I have spent hours not on side quests, but just on exploring and crafting. Plus the wide variety of "random" encounters is wonderful, I regularly find myself on the edge of my seat in expectations of what's around the next bend. I have some old favorites for the PC that no new game will every be able to replace, but Skyrim is hands down the best game I have ever played on the Xbox 360, and I would say it is actually the best game I have ever played on ANY gaming console. Expand
  8. Nov 22, 2011
    I've already given my s cents worth about Skyrim but the naysayers are really getting on my nerves! The xtreme fanboys too, but that's a different. Admittedly the game is flawed, in my opinion its not worth of 10 because it is flawed but just because its not a 10 doesn't mean its not kick ass. The numerical score is primarily a quantified analysis of all the technical parts of a productI've already given my s cents worth about Skyrim but the naysayers are really getting on my nerves! The xtreme fanboys too, but that's a different. Admittedly the game is flawed, in my opinion its not worth of 10 because it is flawed but just because its not a 10 doesn't mean its not kick ass. The numerical score is primarily a quantified analysis of all the technical parts of a product and yes skyrim has flaws but where it excels beyond anything else is in the intangible, unquantifiable realm of fun! Where else do you get so much freedom, so many surprises, so much satisfaction from a melee battle, so much pride in crafting a killer legendary elven sword with 40 points of fire damage and faster health regen to boot? Man, you guys who are dismissing this game for its minor flaws like the poor UI and the myriad of non-game-breaking glitches are just wasting too much time complaining and not enough to immersing in the game world. Those with crash issues have my sympathies but I for one haven't had the game crash even once in the 60 odd hours of play already clocked in. I agree that while pat bethesda's back for delivering on the promises as well as they have we should still be reminding them of where they should have done better but we cannot ignore the fact that there is nothing, nothing at all out there, no not even dark souls, that can match Skyrim for the sheer exhilaration and enjoyment it provides. I finished demon Souls and loved it, i played dark souls for two hours have haven't been back to it since i got my ass handed to me by a bunch of skeletons for the 300th time a month ago. I fail to see the point of making a game so difficult that instead of learning to beat it you are taught to abandon it all together because end of the day its a silly game, a virtual world, a non-existent foe. You play games to relax, to unwind, not to becoming enraged to the point that Dark Souls drive you to. I'm sure its a brilliant game and if i had the free time on my hands a much smaller share of real-life problems that every adult has i might still be plodding along through it one death at a time, but i have skyrim instead that makes it difficult enough for me to kill a dragon so that it is extremely satisfying to finally kill it on the 5th try but doesn't make those initial failure so painful that i lose all desires to hedge my visual stakes in the games world. To all those who enjoy dark souls or whatever, good luck to ya and kudos but don't give skyrim retardedly low scores just because you prefer other games. Any one with a modicum of fairness would give skyrim a higher than average (6+) score because if nothing else the effort put in must be appreciated. Everyone failing to that is being unfair and unjust and should be completely disregarded by anyone actually reading these reviews to decide whether the game is worth buying. Expand
  9. Nov 12, 2011
    For those few who are putting in negative reviews, maybe you should play more then one day before complaining. This game is amazing. Don't blame great reviews on paid advertisers. Go out and get this game.
  10. Nov 12, 2011
    THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED HANDS DOWN. I played this game 12 straight hours near about and still only have scratched about 1/50000 of the game......Graphics are great especially the player and NPCs.....The ability to create weapons, armor, enchant armor, and create potions from raw material is like Oblivion (GOTY) but even better. Skyrim is everything they have claimed and more andTHE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED HANDS DOWN. I played this game 12 straight hours near about and still only have scratched about 1/50000 of the game......Graphics are great especially the player and NPCs.....The ability to create weapons, armor, enchant armor, and create potions from raw material is like Oblivion (GOTY) but even better. Skyrim is everything they have claimed and more and anyone who puts a negative or mixed review on here is a MORON and is one of two things....Not a RPG fan or a Bethesda hater. This is easily GOTY after all the POS I've played this year this one is the best game since Fall Out 3 for RPGs....and ALL GAMES Expand
  11. Nov 12, 2011
    So far a flawless delivery. Repairs damage done by oblivion, while keeping all the upgrades. This is essentially a 1up in the Elder Scrolls series, like is to be expected, and anyone who enjoyed the series thus far will not be disappointed. They'll be amazed. The character movement is fluid, fighting makes the game feel like an action title almost, and horses are no longer awkward.So far a flawless delivery. Repairs damage done by oblivion, while keeping all the upgrades. This is essentially a 1up in the Elder Scrolls series, like is to be expected, and anyone who enjoyed the series thus far will not be disappointed. They'll be amazed. The character movement is fluid, fighting makes the game feel like an action title almost, and horses are no longer awkward. Although there is a slight controller based menu, everything else reaches the expected level of what the hype for this game was. I decided to comment a short review when I saw a spam surge of '0' rates that were completely biased, or were just utter trolls. You can read them if you want but take it with a grain of salt. This is my GOTY. Expand
  12. Nov 12, 2011
    From the start Skyrim's opening looked a little outdated. But once you are given control of the game, it is a masterpiece.the combat is by far the best in the series and the game is fairly difficult.I was actually encouraged to try weapon combos. i have allways used a sword in elder scrolls, but in skyrim I dont even carry a sword.the music in the game is amazing. The music makes the wholeFrom the start Skyrim's opening looked a little outdated. But once you are given control of the game, it is a masterpiece.the combat is by far the best in the series and the game is fairly difficult.I was actually encouraged to try weapon combos. i have allways used a sword in elder scrolls, but in skyrim I dont even carry a sword.the music in the game is amazing. The music makes the whole game feel epic. One of the best moments in the game so far, the first real dragon fight, is made up with amazing music. The citizens of Skyrim are more realistic, all of them have a daily routine, and the new animation system does really well. On the topic of bugs, i have been unable to find any, so clearly this game is much better than fallout new vegas. summary- If you are intrested in a rpg, or are a diehard rpg fan, this game was made for you.
    Guaranteed game of the year
  13. Nov 12, 2011
    A true Masterpiece! One of the best games i have seen and i have been ganing over 30 years, nothing touches how good this game is! If you haven't picked it up yet do so, you will not regret it.
  14. Nov 12, 2011
    BUY IT NOW get up off the sofa grab your wallet and go to your nearest supermarket. Skyrim is amazing. 10/10 game couldn't be better lose your self in a fantasy world waiting to be explored. I paid £40 its worth alot more truly EPIC BUY THIS GAME RIGHT NOW. :-))
  15. Nov 12, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games that has ever come out. The scenery is amazing. The game play looks so real. For someone that spends a lot of their time playing video games this is worth the experience. You will enjoy the terrific game play, including the new dragons that have been added. Who would not want to fight a dragon?
  16. Nov 12, 2011
    Great game, although a lot of issues out of the gate, some things the same as Oblivion but overall fresh and new, I would say it's the best RPG I've ever played, but it's not perfect. still it deserves props for it's extensive and unlimited replay value and story.
  17. Nov 13, 2011
    What a fantastic game! the huge wait has been more than worth it, it looks amazing, it sounds fantastic, and the score....as always is just epic! it has got minor faults as do all game these days, but the overall experience is just mind blowing, i cant wait to spend over 200 hours on another ES game! defo worth a buy, defo worth a 9/10 score!
  18. Nov 25, 2011
    This is my first Elder Scrolls game and i say it really good, offers hours and even days of fun. Complete character customization, weapon and armor customization, and even make and enchant your own weapons and equipments. Skyrim offers a grand wide map for players to adventure and explore. The battle system works great, dragon battles is so much fun, the music in the background matches theThis is my first Elder Scrolls game and i say it really good, offers hours and even days of fun. Complete character customization, weapon and armor customization, and even make and enchant your own weapons and equipments. Skyrim offers a grand wide map for players to adventure and explore. The battle system works great, dragon battles is so much fun, the music in the background matches the scene perfectly. There are factions to join and a civil war that needs you to end it. The are some glitches and bugs but a game like would contain some inevitable bugs. The only thing that i pull this game down to a 9 for me is that the companion AIs are sometime being very stupid and dumb. Most of the time while im exploring, i often have to look back to see if my companion is still following me or does he/she wander somewhere else. Other than that, this game offers alot of fun and is definitely worth your money. Expand
  19. Nov 15, 2011
    Only Nintendo fanboys would hate on this game... Really this game deserves a 9/10 because of glitches but with the inflated scoring system these days I'd say it easily deserves 10/10.
  20. Nov 19, 2011
    I love the elder scrolls series and i got this game on the first day its so Awesome , the only problems i really found were the glitches which are really to be expected in this series,especially in such a beautiful lookinggame, and it has cool monsters(dragons,giants,and warewovles) and cmon its f****** funny to see that a giant to hit you 40 feet in the air and drop back on the groundI love the elder scrolls series and i got this game on the first day its so Awesome , the only problems i really found were the glitches which are really to be expected in this series,especially in such a beautiful lookinggame, and it has cool monsters(dragons,giants,and warewovles) and cmon its f****** funny to see that a giant to hit you 40 feet in the air and drop back on the ground alive just long enough for you to think "wtf just happened lol" until you actually delay die ,but that stuff should be fixed by the end of the month, so it ok ,this game is so addicting i love it. Expand
  21. Nov 20, 2011
    By far best elder scroll game! if you loved oblivion your going to love skyrim no doubt about it. Every inch of the game is pure creativity and its a game that was made for the players. Bethesda truly but there heart into making Skyrim and it shows in every moment of the game. If you love the Elder Scroll series your going to love skyrim.
  22. Nov 15, 2011
    Bethesda has yet again raised the bar for the role-playing genre, i've been waiting for this game since i drained every ounce of content from oblivion and i am happy to say that it lived up to my expectations. If your looking for an rpg that does dragons right, making them fierce and scary then this is the game for you. As a side note i have read many reviews of people saying: "i beat thisBethesda has yet again raised the bar for the role-playing genre, i've been waiting for this game since i drained every ounce of content from oblivion and i am happy to say that it lived up to my expectations. If your looking for an rpg that does dragons right, making them fierce and scary then this is the game for you. As a side note i have read many reviews of people saying: "i beat this game in a day so disappointing." well to them i say: You were obviously playing on some other difficulty than master because i've logged about 50 hours in on the "master" difficulty and it's incredibly challenging even with a companion by my side i worry about keeping enough potion and having the best spells and equipment i can, and the sound of a dragon at night or in a snow storm is **** terrifying! so my advice especially if you love a challenge play on the "master" difficulty setting and you will not be disappointing. Happy gaming! Expand
  23. Nov 15, 2011
    Amazing game. Not too much to say. Map is huge. Hours upon end of exploration. Combat system works perfect. Storyline is fun and gets the player involved with decision choices, plenty of side quests to do and skills to improve. This game is one to buy, impossible to get bored. 10/10
  24. Nov 15, 2011
    Whoever has brought this game knows you will be sucked into the world and have an astounding time, the depth in detail to this game blows me away, dont get turned away because its a role playing game i dont usually like these types of games but you get so immersed into the game. Not only GOTY but to me best game i have ever played and i have played the classics on PS1, PS2 and Nintendo 64Whoever has brought this game knows you will be sucked into the world and have an astounding time, the depth in detail to this game blows me away, dont get turned away because its a role playing game i dont usually like these types of games but you get so immersed into the game. Not only GOTY but to me best game i have ever played and i have played the classics on PS1, PS2 and Nintendo 64 THATS HOW GOOD THIS GAME IS!! Expand
  25. Nov 14, 2011
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is easily the best game I've played all year long. It's got the classic lovable things that made us love Bethesda, rag doll physics, crazy glitches, and awesome story lines. If your not loving Skyrim you must not love anything! The story is amazing, it fixes all the things wrong with Oblivion, and adds to all the things we loved about Oblivion. 10/10 I think 5 yearsElder Scrolls V: Skyrim is easily the best game I've played all year long. It's got the classic lovable things that made us love Bethesda, rag doll physics, crazy glitches, and awesome story lines. If your not loving Skyrim you must not love anything! The story is amazing, it fixes all the things wrong with Oblivion, and adds to all the things we loved about Oblivion. 10/10 I think 5 years wait was worth it in so many ways. Expand
  26. Nov 14, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls Oblivion was one of the most endearing and well designed Role Playing Games of the last decade. Morrowind stands as one of the greatest Role Playing Games of all time. With these two titles as the ancestry for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, this was a make or break effort for Bethesda. There were a number of challenges facing the game, it was released in a sea ofThe Elder Scrolls Oblivion was one of the most endearing and well designed Role Playing Games of the last decade. Morrowind stands as one of the greatest Role Playing Games of all time. With these two titles as the ancestry for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, this was a make or break effort for Bethesda. There were a number of challenges facing the game, it was released in a sea of outstanding titles such as Batman, Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, and Uncharted 3, which meant that this game needed to impress if it was going to compete. I think it is safe to say it has. The game succeeds in creating a massive sense of scale, engaging quests and dungeons, challenging combat, and an epic mythology. Graphically, it is stunning considering it's scope. There are certainly hiccups here and there, and occasionally the textures look a little stretched when viewed from far off, but the improvements are impossible to miss. The character progression system has done away with a somewhat bloated list of numbers and bonuses. While it was nice to be able to see all of the numbers in Oblivion, I often spent time not having any clue what was really happening with my stats. Skyrim simplifies things by leaving most of those numbers under the hood. While it would have been nice to offer some sort of "expert mode" so that number crunchers could see whats going on, most players will appreciate the streamlined character growth. The combat in Skyrim remains very similar to the combat in Oblivion, but there are some marked improvements. Dual wielding is now possible, and allows the quick, lightly armored rogue to attack faster at the expense of blocking. The sneak mechanic has also been greatly improved with multiple levels of detection. You can effectively sneak around rooms and snipe enemies now, which makes playing a sneaking character a more strategic and rewarding experience. Finally, in general, weapons all have more weight to them, there is nothing like bringing a massive two handed battle axe crashing down on an opponents shield. Magic has also been drastically improved. You can now put a spell into either hand, allowing you to wield a sword and spell, or two spells for greater magical effect. With the proper perks, you can even combine spells to devastating effect. There is so much more to say about this game, but doing so really spoils the experience. Yes there are dragons, shouts, and a plethora of quests, but you knew that already. Do yourself a favor, buy this game immediately. Expand
  27. Nov 15, 2011
    Yes, yes, yes.
    GET THIS GAME! Where do i start. The new engine looks amazing in action, there is an endless (literally) amount of content.
    (Once again i stress ENDLESS) and its going to F**** UP YOUR LIFE! You play as a Dragonborn who can perform "Shouts". You start of about to be excecuted before *Not going to spoil*. After that your thrust into a world with infinite possiblities. Murder
    Yes, yes, yes.
    (Once again i stress ENDLESS) and its going to F**** UP YOUR LIFE!
    You play as a Dragonborn who can perform "Shouts". You start of about to be excecuted before *Not going to spoil*. After that your thrust into a world with infinite possiblities. Murder everyone? Go help village people?

To steal from elras, It's a fantastic virtual experience, deep history, superb gameplay, beautiful graphics, majestic music, in short, an incredible journey for all people who love video games. Its exactly that. Go do your PC, Xbox or PS3 proud and GET THIS GAME! Even if your not into this sort of stuff, it just may convert you.
  28. Nov 15, 2011
    When I first saw the trailer for this game, I literally cried from joy while trying to poker face my way through work. Through the coming months, would literally have to be the most anticipation-filled months in my entire life. I had never been so excited for a game. Everything seemed so perfect. The midnight launch arrived nine months later and I have never looked back with such a hugeWhen I first saw the trailer for this game, I literally cried from joy while trying to poker face my way through work. Through the coming months, would literally have to be the most anticipation-filled months in my entire life. I had never been so excited for a game. Everything seemed so perfect. The midnight launch arrived nine months later and I have never looked back with such a huge grin on my face. This game meets all the hype, and so much more. I have yet to go a day without putting at least two hours in to this beautiful masterpiece of a game. Bethesda has done it once again and will be a forerunner in modern day RPGs for many years to come. The gameplay is solid and genuinely satisfying. I caught myself at times, literally exclaiming "whoa!" and "wow!" at the sheer beauty of it. There is no feeling more awe-inducing than when you hear a dragon roar in the distance, then whoosh overhead from behind a distant mountain and realize you're about to fight it. The quests are plenty, and ever-so lengthy and unique. The side quests also have lots of hours to commit to them, as they are designed just as seriously as the main ones are. This game has stunning visuals, scale, and sound. Absolute game of the year in my book! Expand
  29. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm 24 hours into the game and so far it absolutely blown me away. I can easily see me beating the 120 odd hours i put into Oblivion. I've come across a few graphically glitches and been stuck in the middle of a mountain once but in a world this sized its excusable.
  30. Nov 20, 2011
    The history and lore in this game is like no other, dragons make you poop your pants, Combat is very tense and exciting, dungeons have a human touch to them, graphics are eye candy, and the quests and amount of content is insane. I enjoy the bugs and glitches and i frequently laugh at silly things like placing a bucket on the head of a npc so that they don't see you steal there stuff inThe history and lore in this game is like no other, dragons make you poop your pants, Combat is very tense and exciting, dungeons have a human touch to them, graphics are eye candy, and the quests and amount of content is insane. I enjoy the bugs and glitches and i frequently laugh at silly things like placing a bucket on the head of a npc so that they don't see you steal there stuff in front of there face or being sent a mile in the air from a giant. Expand
  31. Nov 21, 2011
    To say Skyrim is a massive game would be an understatement. I have put around 50 hours into this fantastic piece of work and I feel i have only scratched the surface of this wonderfully crafted world. Bethesda was able to take the best components of Oblivion and Fallout 3 and combine them into one while leaving most(but not all) annoyances at the door. The visuals are outstanding, theTo say Skyrim is a massive game would be an understatement. I have put around 50 hours into this fantastic piece of work and I feel i have only scratched the surface of this wonderfully crafted world. Bethesda was able to take the best components of Oblivion and Fallout 3 and combine them into one while leaving most(but not all) annoyances at the door. The visuals are outstanding, the amount of content can feel overwhelming at times but in a good way, the combat is much impoved over Oblivions clunky swinging at air style. Magic spells also perform much better, you can be shooting an enemy with flames from one hand while attacking them with your sword from the other at the same time. Any combination of two you can think of is possible and the favorites menu lets you swap fighting styles with ease any time you want. Skyrim isnt without flaws though the load times are often and sometimes long and enemies may float in the air from time to time but these minor bugs dont bring the game down enough to matter. If your looking for a game to occupy your time for the next say 100's of hours? Skyrim is your pick, distinguishing Skyrims world from your own may become a problem, but dont say i didnt warn you. Expand
  32. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This truly is a great game,but you have to look past some flaws. the game suffers from long load times, very long in some cases. Animations are great, when they work, they often get spoiled by some bad AI( which thankfully does not translate to bad enemy AI, but it also needs some fine tuning). Auto saving becomes an issue when it doesn't save enough and if you die you are sent back to the beginning of a 5-10 minute trip. Textures aren't high quality when close up by any means. render distances get annoying when in an open area and being able to see grass "grow" ahead of you. Also some small issues, like mammoths flying in the air, and 3rd person issues (like usual). But don't let those deter you from this amazing game with very fun gameplay. The combat is very nice and actually provides excitement when fighting a dragon or boss and gives you a sense of accomplishment when you have won. The death animations the play are very nice and gruesome, though they often "break". The game, while frustrating, manages to be very rewarding. Somehow even after dying 2 times on an already 10 minute trip, once you reach your destination, the game still manages to feel rewarding. The plot, while at time generic, can add a fun "backbone" to the game. The music is beautifully compose and works well with the mood of the story. The RPG element takes a que from some complaints of Oblivion and offers a very dynamic experience. Every weapon/armor/ability/etc. you use will level up independently, once enough of those levels are reached then you level up giving you the choice to increase your magica/health/stamina. Also with every level up you unlock more points to spend on your "skill trees/constellation" these are specific to individual abilities and give you various advantages. This is a very simple mechanic and makes it so you don't have to spend hours buried in menus. Overall this game gets a 9 because its cons add up to a sometimes frustrating, but very fun experience. Expand
  33. Nov 15, 2011
    In one word: superb:)
    Yes, the game has it's bugs, glitches and somewhat low resolution textures (xbox360)... after my game started I was bitterly disappointed with graphics, until the gaming actually started:) and suddenly they didn't matter anymore:)
    In one word: superb:)
    If sandbox, rpg, free-rein games are your cup of tea, if you dream about killing dragons, swinging massive 2handers or burning your enemies with flames, lightning or ice this IS game you were waiting for...
    Amazing
  34. Nov 21, 2011
    absolutely amazing..the game is massive in size , i spent a week not following the story line and doing my own thing an still not reached the edges of the world .. when i go up the snowy mountains i actually feel cold lol
  35. Nov 15, 2011
    A true masterpiece. The absolute pinnacle of gaming, allowing unparalleled freedom, amazing storytelling, and fantastic game play. All games should strive to be this immersive.
  36. Nov 15, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will have you hacking away the hours of your day with a sleek, brilliantly designed blade crafted in the legendary forge that is the Bethesda studio. As with the previous instalments of the Elder Scrolls series, Skyrim exceeds all expectations and never ceases to amaze with itâ
  37. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is very hard to review, because if i were to review it part by part instead of as a whole i think i would get a bad review. Its a game with tons of glitches but if you can look passed them you will find a masterpiece of a game. I have played it like 30 hrs and have done absolutely nothing other than explore lol. This game also has some of the best music iv hard in a video game ,This game is very hard to review, because if i were to review it part by part instead of as a whole i think i would get a bad review. Its a game with tons of glitches but if you can look passed them you will find a masterpiece of a game. I have played it like 30 hrs and have done absolutely nothing other than explore lol. This game also has some of the best music iv hard in a video game , and it aint hard on the eyes either . Fighting up close is improved but it still feels weird but this game is more about exploration. Its not perfect but do yourselves a favor and give a shot, you wont be disappointed Expand
  38. Nov 16, 2011
    Easily one of the best games I've ever played. And this is coming from someone who didn't like Oblivion much (probably because I played Fallout 3 first). The thing is, this game has everything going for it. The graphics and textures are amazing, the soundtrack is great, the gameplay is fun, and the story is engrossing. Combine these features with the limitless ways to play Skyrim, and youEasily one of the best games I've ever played. And this is coming from someone who didn't like Oblivion much (probably because I played Fallout 3 first). The thing is, this game has everything going for it. The graphics and textures are amazing, the soundtrack is great, the gameplay is fun, and the story is engrossing. Combine these features with the limitless ways to play Skyrim, and you have an amazingly addictive game. There's just so much to see and do in this game. Want to be a mage? Got it. How about a warrior? Got it. How about a mage/warrior/archer/necromancer/potion-making blacksmith? Yeah, you get the picture. And the combat/differentiation in classes is very balanced as well, there's no one obvious style to use since they are all good. There are 10 races to choose from at the beginning as well, but fear not, as your choice does not effect the type of character you become, only your actions do that. Great game, overall. Expand
  39. Nov 20, 2011
    The Good: I love this game, lots of fun, so much to do, I found myself running around the forest for hours just looking for animals to skin.
    The Bad: I love this game, lots of fun, so much to do, I found myself running around the forest for hours just looking for animals to skin.
    But in all seriousness the game is lovely but there are some clipping and glitches that usually end with me dyeing and becoming aggregated.
  40. Nov 17, 2011
    I love this game. I'm getting to play it slowly too because of work and other such comitments which just draws out this lucious experience. I've still not even scraped the main quest yet and it's already turning out to be every bit as awesome as Oblivions. The lore, the world, everything about the vibe of this game is excellent, with the Norse influences being a great backdrop. With civilI love this game. I'm getting to play it slowly too because of work and other such comitments which just draws out this lucious experience. I've still not even scraped the main quest yet and it's already turning out to be every bit as awesome as Oblivions. The lore, the world, everything about the vibe of this game is excellent, with the Norse influences being a great backdrop. With civil war, dragons and a revamped magic system this game is just crazy good. It's just art as a video game, simple as. I'm not saying that it doesn't have it's flaws, but it's a masterpiece because of the care that was taken in the minutiae of the world. A great looking menu system, a familar UI and of course the ability to sprint. It's excellent. I love the smithing and enchanting, it's great. It's a real wonderful piece of gaming that just totally snapped all my expectations. Love it. Expand
  41. Nov 17, 2011
    Ridiculously good. Can't wait for the DLC in the future, I spent a thoroughly unhealthy week long streak of Skyrim, and I want more. Not to say there was a lack of anything, I just splurged. Skyrim: Gamer Coke.
  42. Nov 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing GOTY. It made me **** This is better than Oblivion and it is the best RPG i have played, it does have some glitched but those glitched willl be patched soon. Expand
  43. Nov 18, 2011
    I am reviewing Skyrim on the Xbox 360 attached with composite cables to a 720p TV.
    The game was a little too dark on the screen at first, but I simply when to settings and increased the brightness (and increase the default difficulty, novice was a little too easy). Now the Game is very enjoyable experience!!! I can't keep my children off of it and we will frequently even enjoy watch the others play (which I consider a rarity in single player non-wii games). My daughter is very much enjoying her High Elf fighter.
    The game has virtually endless possibilities and each one of them enjoyable.
  44. Nov 18, 2011
    One of the best games have played in a while. There is always something to do, and the story lines are interesting. I've run into a few problems where the framerate would drop in a dungeon, but other than that the game as run well on the Xbox360. Some of my favorite moments are when the radiant AI does something totally unexpected. At one city a dragon attacked me on the way to a quest IOne of the best games have played in a while. There is always something to do, and the story lines are interesting. I've run into a few problems where the framerate would drop in a dungeon, but other than that the game as run well on the Xbox360. Some of my favorite moments are when the radiant AI does something totally unexpected. At one city a dragon attacked me on the way to a quest I was undertaking. The dragon strafed me, and hit some guards and horses at the stables. Next thing I know the horses aer attacking the dragon, drawing attention away from me and allowing me an easy kill. I also had a great experience in a dungeon that I was not leveled up high enough to really be in. by making clever use of some of my powers, I was able to get myself into some places where the bosses couldn't hurt me, so I could take them down. Felt pretty good to "out clever" the game a bit.

Overall, definitely recommended.
  45. Nov 18, 2011
    Skyrim is one of those games that remains unforgettable through out the ages of gaming.The content that is offered in this game is over the top.It literally takes your life time for dozens hours to live in another world filled with amazing environment and breathtaking visuals.The story is very good but its not all,you have plenty of side quests to take that even influence the land ofSkyrim is one of those games that remains unforgettable through out the ages of gaming.The content that is offered in this game is over the top.It literally takes your life time for dozens hours to live in another world filled with amazing environment and breathtaking visuals.The story is very good but its not all,you have plenty of side quests to take that even influence the land of skyrim.Bethesda also streamlined the skill system and made an easier menu.This really helps people who are not familiar with rpgs and it didn't affect me at all,it actually helped me alot.Overall Skyrim is a must-buy and it will not dissapoint you.If you are looking for a non linear adventure or a breathing world filled with excitement.Then i say Skyrim is FOR you.This is definitely game of the year. Expand
  46. Nov 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awesome all those people that gave it negative scores are just pricks with a stick up there ass. winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Expand
  47. Nov 18, 2011
    Skyrim is most likely the best game of 2011. If you have ever played and Elder Scrolls game, or like RPGs in general, you'll love this game. Bethesda has improved everything from their previous game (Oblivion) and made it ten times better here. The new duel wielding works fantastic with the game making battles with enemies differ from making a quick kill, to dealing the most amount ofSkyrim is most likely the best game of 2011. If you have ever played and Elder Scrolls game, or like RPGs in general, you'll love this game. Bethesda has improved everything from their previous game (Oblivion) and made it ten times better here. The new duel wielding works fantastic with the game making battles with enemies differ from making a quick kill, to dealing the most amount of damage possible. Also, with the content provided, this game will keep you busy for weeks on end, maybe months! Also, with the download-able content most likely coming out later, the possibilities for this game are inconceivable! Personally, I give this game a 10/10, but as of now there are a few graphical bugs (Ex: water not appearing in certain parts, see through parts of walls), along with some other very minor bugs that honestly don't effect the game at all, and will most likely be fixed with a future patch. All in all, if you are looking for a game to keep you busy, and have almost endless entertainment, then you definitely need to consider purchasing this game. Expand
  48. Nov 19, 2011
    An absolutely amazing game! Has incredible graphics, excellent atmosphere, beautiful music and perfect gameplay! All shortcommings and glitches are massively overshadowed by what the game has to offer.
  49. Nov 19, 2011
    Never before have I used the adjective "majestic" to describe a game before. As someone who never played an Elder Scrolls game before, let this be a word to others who haven't - it is on par with the greatest video games ever made. All gameplay and design aside, the vast overworld of Skyrim simply makes you feel; it has an undeniable presence and beauty. Truly a masterpiece, it deservesNever before have I used the adjective "majestic" to describe a game before. As someone who never played an Elder Scrolls game before, let this be a word to others who haven't - it is on par with the greatest video games ever made. All gameplay and design aside, the vast overworld of Skyrim simply makes you feel; it has an undeniable presence and beauty. Truly a masterpiece, it deserves the massive amounts of praise it has garnered. Expand
  50. Nov 25, 2011
    Can't begin to describe how big, immersive, beautiful, crazy and just in general how awesome this game is. If a game can capture not just your attention but your imagination it is well deserving of its score and praise of not more. The only thing I can say is.........listen to the music and look at the landscape......and try to tell me that this game isn't worth playing.
  51. Nov 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. TES - is a world, which create a ethernal hope in our souls. Soundtrack, gameplay, history - all of this - this is Morrowind 2! All of fans of the TES - this is our game. Expand
  52. Nov 20, 2011
    The biggest problem with Skyrim is that I can't put if down once I start playing on it. One more shop to sell another weapon. One more mission started because a courier brought me the location of another dragon shout. One more fight because I just got pounced on by a lurking wolf. 6 hours later after you initially intended to stop playing you'll be trying to find a peaceful save spot fromThe biggest problem with Skyrim is that I can't put if down once I start playing on it. One more shop to sell another weapon. One more mission started because a courier brought me the location of another dragon shout. One more fight because I just got pounced on by a lurking wolf. 6 hours later after you initially intended to stop playing you'll be trying to find a peaceful save spot from where you can restart the next time you play only to find yourself getting caught in a sudden attack from a dragon costing you another ten minutes of your life. A real productivity killer but a brilliant game. It has it's faults but they just make me chuckle. I've got 4 dead dragons littering riverwood and every time I fast travel there the bones are just being put into place a bit like a surprise birthday party that you arrived too early to where things weren't quite ready. The guards voices are brilliant too. The accents sounds like a Dutch Arnie it's quality listening to it. Best value for money game ever. Expand
  53. Nov 19, 2011
    I have never played a better game. This games is as far ahead of other games now as OoT was in 1998. Just a masterpiece. The only flaw is the hours you'll end up playing this instead of working/studying/living. GOTY for sure.
  54. Nov 19, 2011
    THIS GAME IS AMAZING! The graphics are just pure awesome! The story line is so much better then Oblivion. The landscape is very nice looking. There is a lot of new wild life to! I've played this for over 10 hours so far! It is a very addictive game!! I would recommend this game to anyone!!!!
  55. Nov 19, 2011
    this game is friggin AWESOME the graphics are great theres SO MANY SIDEQUESTS the world is decent size but absolutely packed with awesome **** THERES DRAGONS quick and easy interface/favs menu only reason i rated this 9 was cuz the melee combat is repetitive (magic is super fun tho) and the dungeons all look the same EPIIICCC GAAAMEEE HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!!
  56. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is unbelievable. I've played a lot of good games, but this one might triumph them all. I'm 25 hours into this game, and I still don't feel like I've scratched the surface. The presentation is top notch. The graphics are excellent. The soundtrack is a piece of art, especially when fighting a dragon or finding a new Shout to learn. The world is HUGE. I don't know how many timesThis game is unbelievable. I've played a lot of good games, but this one might triumph them all. I'm 25 hours into this game, and I still don't feel like I've scratched the surface. The presentation is top notch. The graphics are excellent. The soundtrack is a piece of art, especially when fighting a dragon or finding a new Shout to learn. The world is HUGE. I don't know how many times I've intended to do a certain quest but get distracted by a dragon's nest, a dungeon, a new town, giants, or mammoths. Bethesda has created a masterpiece with this game. The story will keep you interested. The only gripe I have with this game is a few bugs here and there, but it does not hinder the game in any way. This game is a true 10/10. Expand
  57. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece. I am a person who was prejudiced against this game from before iteven came out. I do not like any previous Bethesda games really, with the massive world, detailed RPG elements and lack of a solid storyline unattractive qualities in a game. Skyrim is different. Easily accessablle menus and systems make the game seem less daunting, while also providing moreThis game is a masterpiece. I am a person who was prejudiced against this game from before iteven came out. I do not like any previous Bethesda games really, with the massive world, detailed RPG elements and lack of a solid storyline unattractive qualities in a game. Skyrim is different. Easily accessablle menus and systems make the game seem less daunting, while also providing more content than there was to be had in previous game. Gorgeous graphics (especially in the constellation skill building system- wow!) and an astouding attention to detail are but one reason to play the hell out of this thing. It is more additive than any shooter I have played (and I have burned hundreds of hours playing CoD games alone) with the mind-boggling number of quests and options for customization allowing the player to make their own Skyrim. If you want to only play the main storyline, you can, but I can assure you, you will be missing out. The greatest achievement here is the choice given to the player- you can explore the universe however and as extensively as you want. A barebones playthrough, or an every-nook-and-cranny approach (or anything in between) are equally possible and fun. To me, storyline is the most important part of games, and this game has a respectable plotline. While certainly not up there with the Bioware games (Mass Effect, KOTOR, check them out, they are amazing) the gameplay is more than enough to make this a splendid experience for anyone. The only reason I give this a 9 instead of a 10 is the occaisional glitches and bugs. This is unfortunately an issue, and you will sometimes get stuck in a corner or have some other problem, but it is extremely ppolished in comparison to previous games, particularly the laggy and bug-ridden Fallout New Vegas. No matter what your thoughts on previous Bethesda titles are, GET SKYRIM. No matter what games you like, GET SKYRIM. I promise you you will love this game to death, and you might well be playing it for that long too. Expand
  58. Nov 20, 2011
    http://alexknows1229.blogspot.com/ amazing reviews on mw3, combat arm, and skyrim! just go to my blog and read what i have you wont be disappointed not even one bit
  59. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyrim is easily one of the best games I have ever played. The combat is great- certainly a lot better than Oblivion's. The aesthetics are amazing. As is the soundtrack. You could play this game for hundreds of hours and have it still feel fresh when you start it up again.
  60. Nov 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game must get GOTY. I have been playing this game for nearly 2 weeks and now and I am still finding new things to do even having completed 5 quest lines! I know that there have been some issues with installing the game and losing graphics but from what I've seen the graphics look amazing. The main quest line is somewhat shorter than I imagined but that doesn't matter because when you complete that you can just roam around freely doing as you wish. I have to admit that some of the quest lines in the game such as the "Thieves Guild" are a little bit too tedious for my liking because I feel they have cheaply extended the play time by making you do more minor quests then you should need to but I suppose it adds to the adventure in the game. The story of the game is very well set out and it is even more amazing that they have put so much effort into the side quests of the game. One that I was particularly impressed with is not even a quest but when you have killed all of the 8 dragon priests and you put their masks in the statue at "Labrynthian" I thought that was something that they didn't have to put in but the fact that they didn't cut any corners earns a lot of respect from me. I have played a lot of games this year and this is definitely my favourite so far. Expand
  61. Nov 20, 2011
    Massive map, engaging story, excellent game-play layout. Acceptable graphics. good controls for genre. buggy and frame rate issues. acceptable acting although repetitive at times. Very excellent open world wRPG. *(non-fanboy opinion) * although character development and menu's are simpleminded the game keeps the progressive character build alive with level up perks. frame rate and textureMassive map, engaging story, excellent game-play layout. Acceptable graphics. good controls for genre. buggy and frame rate issues. acceptable acting although repetitive at times. Very excellent open world wRPG. *(non-fanboy opinion) * although character development and menu's are simpleminded the game keeps the progressive character build alive with level up perks. frame rate and texture problems with noticeable game effecting bugs are present. repetitive but addicting combat/ quest layout. non-perfect game-play but hugely engaging and one of the best open world wRPG's to date. overall (9.0 out of 10) Expand
  62. Nov 20, 2011
    perfect game love it. will play forever. being playing now for 12 hours and barely scratched the surface. The graphic are so beautiful. have never been so sucked into a game before like this. Hours just fly by without me realizing it.
  63. Nov 20, 2011
    By far this game is the best I have played. I usually can't play RPGs like this but this game blew me away when I played it. The only thing I wish this game had is co-op.
  64. Nov 20, 2011
    There's nothing like getting rewarded for clearing out another bandits den. Or taking down a big meaty dragon. Skyrim impresses on all fronts, from the long draw distances to the NPCs. The new snow efect or the random thunderstorms that roll across the pain the graphics are top notch, sometimes forgetting your even playing a game! They completely redid the combat making it more fluent,There's nothing like getting rewarded for clearing out another bandits den. Or taking down a big meaty dragon. Skyrim impresses on all fronts, from the long draw distances to the NPCs. The new snow efect or the random thunderstorms that roll across the pain the graphics are top notch, sometimes forgetting your even playing a game! They completely redid the combat making it more fluent, Whether dual wielding, two hand sword, or the old fashion sword and board you can take the combat to anything however you like. Borrowing from Bioshocks awesome magic system, you can dual wield magic combing one spell to make it stronger or have two completely different spells to wreck havoc with. Either making armor and weapons or enchanting new pieces with skills, Buying houses or just going with old school dungeon diving theres always something to do. With nearly Hundred, Thats right HUNDREDS of hours of things to do Skyrim will be in our Xboxs, PS3, And PCs for a long time to come. Expand
  65. Nov 20, 2011
    This is first time for playing the elder scroll games ..it's awesome...I feel my heart beats dynamically..This elder scroll :skyrim is a great masterpiece...GREAT.....GAREAT............GREAT..........
  66. Nov 20, 2011
    It is a rare occurece that I give a perfect 10 to a game in a review. However, Skyrim is deservingve played few games with the ability to grab my attention so quickly and hold it for such a long time (with the exception of Diablo 2, WoW and COD:WaW). Skyrim achieves this and then some. The environmentss are meticulously detailed and unbelievably immersive. From small fish, crabs andIt is a rare occurece that I give a perfect 10 to a game in a review. However, Skyrim is deservingve played few games with the ability to grab my attention so quickly and hold it for such a long time (with the exception of Diablo 2, WoW and COD:WaW). Skyrim achieves this and then some. The environmentss are meticulously detailed and unbelievably immersive. From small fish, crabs and critters to giants, dragons and mammoths; there are so many diferent encounters to be had it is nearly overwhelming. This game has a mind blowing number of Quests, sidequests, achievments, goals and loot to strive for and complete. But what is great is that it is done so well and made to feel VERY natural in its design so as not to take away from the feeling and submersion of the player into the game world. The characters all feel very unique and are a vast improvement from the previous elderscrolls games. their facial expressions and movements are more natural looking and they actually have routines they follow throughout each day. Animals and creatures interact with one another. You will be walking through a mist covered bog and hear creeks and chirps of various animals or beasts and streaks of light will barely be breaking through the tree tops above. And as you walk through the environment you hear a noise and look over to see 3 wolves chasing down a deer. The same occurs on some of the roads, you may find yourself walking along a trail one momnet and when you look over you see 3 armored elves with a nordsman in bonds. Do you free him? Do you free him and give him a weapon or armor so that he can fight his captors? Or do you simply observe and allow him to go to his fate. The choice is yours and this is only a small sample of an insanely free and open world, where you can do anything and your choices have an immediate and a long term affect on the characters and world around you. The game causes you to actually weigh out the pros and cons of your decisions and think in a broader spectrum rather than looking only at what is directly infront of you. For example: In most games you see a man being attacked by an orc and you kill him and rescuse the man and you get some loot and some praise. In Skyrim a man i being attacked by an orc, but do you help and save the man when it could possibly cause the orcs to dislik you and then prevent you from gathering materials or quests from their lands in the future? Or do you help the man only to find out that he was a murderer and you just killed an orc father claiming retribution for the death of his family. Was the coin worth the weight of your decision on your concience? Was it the right choice? These are the types of decision and thinking that this game produces and it does it very well and at a steady rate. The pacing of the game is yours to set. You want to go in and bash everyone in the dungeon to death and then slay a dragon and then kill a king? Fine. You want to sneak in with an invisibility potion and slip a poison into the guards pocket and watch him from the shadows as he dies a slow death, attracting all the nearby guards with his cries of agony. Thus allowing you to snipe them with your poisoned arrows from a distane? Fine. You want to go farm and collect herms and minerals to produce various potions and poisons? Craft the finest armors and weapons in the land? Spend you days gather exotic foods to cook in the home you purchased in the nearby capital city? You can do all of this and more in this game and it is all presented in a clean and neat yet unbelievably free and chaotic package. Skyrim is definetly a gaming experience that I will never forget and will replay time and time again. Because no two adventure will EVER be the same. Expand
  67. Nov 20, 2011
    Now I honestly can say I don't give many 10's, I feel like writing a 10 means it is the epitome of gaming. But simply put, this game has so many more positives than negatives I fail to say it deserves even a 9. The glitches are preeminent yes, but given the vast world given to us it should be expected. Although, this game took many years to make, you feel like they had ample enough time toNow I honestly can say I don't give many 10's, I feel like writing a 10 means it is the epitome of gaming. But simply put, this game has so many more positives than negatives I fail to say it deserves even a 9. The glitches are preeminent yes, but given the vast world given to us it should be expected. Although, this game took many years to make, you feel like they had ample enough time to fix all glitches, but this is too brash of an assumption to expect coders to decode every code they happened to mess up. Simply put, the glitches don't even hinder the gameplay. In all actuality, it sometimes helps ease my tensions of trying to play this game on Master. The immaculate story is possibly not the most creative, but it definitely isn't unoriginal. The execution of the story line is what beholds this into a masterpiece, and you may already be aware of all the quests that are available to you at almost all times. Now, this is what I call a game that is truly worth $60. Expand
  68. Nov 20, 2011
    People need to f*** off and stop giving this bad reviews just because the score is high and they don't like that. Grow the **** up it's a great game so it's getting great reviews. " Oh, but there are glitches and it freezes" Lets see you make a game world this big and and full of stuff and catch every damn bug in the game before it's released. "Oh they changed leveling system so now itPeople need to f*** off and stop giving this bad reviews just because the score is high and they don't like that. Grow the **** up it's a great game so it's getting great reviews. " Oh, but there are glitches and it freezes" Lets see you make a game world this big and and full of stuff and catch every damn bug in the game before it's released. "Oh they changed leveling system so now it isn't a true RPG" You @$$hole$ are never happy are you, leveling was to hard in Morrowind and Oblivion and now this is too easy and more like Fallout so its accessible to more people, you want a suck leveling system like Final Fantasy, GO PLAY FINAL FANTASY!!! But anyway Skyrim is a great game, especially if the 65+ hours I've played are anything to go by. Massive world with tons and tons of quests, throw in Dragons that can show up at any time, and some amazing combat and yuo have a game that deserves a 10. Expand
  69. Nov 20, 2011
    Every Elder scrolls game is better than the previous one, and this is not an exception, skyrim have everything you want and more, is a an exceptional masterpiece, say goodbye to real life.
  70. Nov 20, 2011
    A Truely great game but i'n need of a bit of patching not a perfect 10 but close I have played this game for nearly 20 hours now and can't believe how little i have completed regards to content i'n game this is a game that should set an example and a standard for all games i'n is genre.
  71. Nov 20, 2011
    After coming off the the heels of the very successful "Fallout 3" Bethesda Studios has come back to their roots with the next installment of the Elder Scroll series in "The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim". Were to begin this game is almost the perfect games with beautiful graphics fun gameplay an interesting story and hundreds of hours of playability. But its not perfect to begin lets start withAfter coming off the the heels of the very successful "Fallout 3" Bethesda Studios has come back to their roots with the next installment of the Elder Scroll series in "The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim". Were to begin this game is almost the perfect games with beautiful graphics fun gameplay an interesting story and hundreds of hours of playability. But its not perfect to begin lets start with the graphics, there great, astonishing and lovely but like all open world RPGs there's always some form of framrate issues and texture pop ins and Skyrim is no exception. Gameplay wise Skrim is plain old fun. Whether it be slaying dragons hunting prey or living it up in the towns there's always something to do here. But to be a nitpicker I had very few issues were the game would jerk around during combat or even crash. Now like every RPG the main story is the most important part, but it really didnt feel like it. It feels like the kid in the back of the car hes there but there's other thing to pay attention to. If you to compare Skyrim to a cake the story would be the icing on it. Not to say that the story is bad (which it isn't) but there is so much to do you might not get to the story immediately. Like every games in the world there is audio and let me say its top of the line from the sounds of the environment, the voice acting, and the splendid soundtrack I have no major complaints what so ever. They only negative remark I will say about it it that characters tend to repeat lines a lot. Now for the final part of this analysis the replayability/ length. One can invest days upon weeks in this game its huge mind blowingly huge. You could be doing nothing but the main quest, or the guilds. Maybe you prefer roaming the world you can do that too. As of this time I'm currently 60+ hours in and have no meaning to stop now. Do yourself a favor pick up this game if you and RPG fan you wont regret it I give this game a 9.75/10.
    (I'm no literary genius so please ignore any errors.)
  72. Nov 22, 2011
    OVERVIEW: Skyrim follows through on one of Bethesda's "Massive RPG's" and it is just that, a game that will keep you busy, which is a good thing.

PROS: With hundreds of unique quests, a huge map, and a satisfying storyline, this game will take a long time to complete and then be completely different the next play through, which is a great thing to have. Flexibility of this game is very appealing, how you can do anything you want and how every decision is a factor into the world, whether it be going to jail for stealing or an invitation to the Dark Brotherhood with your exceptional assassin skills. With so many cities, enemies, and dungeons, the great graphics and immense detail make the game that much better. The main storyline is somewhat intriguing but what surprised me was the amount of side stories there were; other quests are not just meaningless and random, they offer some very cool and interactive stories that you can't turn down.

CONS: Being that it carries the same style of gameplay as other Bethesda games, the combat is a little dry. Although their is a lot of variety in the type of weapon, each individual weapon acts the same as the others in its subcategory. And, of course, the big issue is the bugs. The bugs are disturbing and can ruin a moment, like falling under the map or screen freezes (both frustrating events have happened to me a few times). However, this is being patch so hopefully the problem will go away.

GRAPHICS: 9 out of 10; Amazing scenery and world is full of detail, however animations and voice overs need some work.
    STORYLINE: 9 out of 10; Main plot is not as exciting as the numerous side stories, but it is much longer.
    GAMEPLAY: 8 out of 10; Fun with so many styles and tactics to use, but gets repetitive.
    LASTING APPEAL: 10 out of 10; This is what this game is all about, thousands of things to do and then thousands of different ways to do them.
    OVERALL: 9 out of 10

CONCLUSION: This is game lives up to the hype and will definitely keep you busy, but still contains familiar flaws like combat and bugs.
  73. Nov 20, 2011
    I am a die hard video game fan. Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, even PC if I can. And I have played much more than my fair share of video games. Real-Time Strategies, First-Person and Third-Person Shooters, RPGs, Puzzle, Action, Adventure, Fighting, you name it, I've played, and most likely beaten it. And Skyrim is, by far, one of my absolute favorite games I have ever had the pleasure ofI am a die hard video game fan. Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, even PC if I can. And I have played much more than my fair share of video games. Real-Time Strategies, First-Person and Third-Person Shooters, RPGs, Puzzle, Action, Adventure, Fighting, you name it, I've played, and most likely beaten it. And Skyrim is, by far, one of my absolute favorite games I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. I have read other user reviews for this game. They complain about trivial, and quite highly exaggerated, problems that don't even affect game play or the appeal of the game. Some even complain about there being no online play. Online play is the default for a game that can't stand on its own two legs from story alone. And Skyrim doesn't just stand on its own two legs, it runs a marathon in an hour. I can honestly say that playing Skyrim has soured my opinion on almost every other RPG I have ever played. Every hour spent playing the game improves my views on it and I don't see any way that this game will stop amazing me, for a very long time. Especially with the announcement that all DLC being released will be massive. Much like the Shivering Isles download for Oblivion. For all those who have played Oblivion and loved it, this game will blow your mind. Anyone who is a fan of RPGs, this game will make you wonder what you liked about the others so much. A must buy for everyone who is a fan of role playing and free roam. Even if you have never picked up an RPG title before(somehow), you must grab this game. And for all those who are giving this game a low rating, go back to CoD and keep pretending that you are a hardcore gamer. (P.S. sorry for the TL;DR) Expand
  74. Nov 20, 2011
    Greatest game i've played. The map is huge! Plenty of quests to do, and the graphics are amazing. The skill menu is well made, it gives you a choice on which direction to take on a certain skill
  75. Nov 20, 2011
    Great story, leveling up is addicting, fighting dragons is just as good as fighting a big daddy (bioshock), and i think the best thing of all is exploring the game world. Hope this helped.
  76. Nov 20, 2011
    An intense experience in one of the games that defines the media as an art form. Beautiful scenery and wonderful textures along with fun and interesting gameplay make this a game for the ages. The dungeons are tricky and offer a rewarding 'Ah hah!' when completed, the bosses require strategy, and the game provides an easy difficulty for the casual gamers. The only issue are the earlyAn intense experience in one of the games that defines the media as an art form. Beautiful scenery and wonderful textures along with fun and interesting gameplay make this a game for the ages. The dungeons are tricky and offer a rewarding 'Ah hah!' when completed, the bosses require strategy, and the game provides an easy difficulty for the casual gamers. The only issue are the early release bugs, including texture glitches on character's clothing and weapons. This is to be expected and will definitely be released in an upcoming patch. All in all, a wonderful game. Expand
  77. Nov 21, 2011
    i have only played a few hours but i love the game. yeah i wish the map and journal were a little easier to access but that won't break a game for me. scrolling through the reviews i see so many 9 and 10 it is hard to understand how it has a 8.7 user score. Don't give a great RPG a 3 because you don't like RPGs. this game is meant for people who like RPGs. If you are a FPS fan and youi have only played a few hours but i love the game. yeah i wish the map and journal were a little easier to access but that won't break a game for me. scrolling through the reviews i see so many 9 and 10 it is hard to understand how it has a 8.7 user score. Don't give a great RPG a 3 because you don't like RPGs. this game is meant for people who like RPGs. If you are a FPS fan and you didn't like fallout or oblivion this game probably isn't for you. the graphics are great considering how much content it has to load and the fighting system is WAY better than fallout in my opinion. there is a ton of content in the game and i haven't even scratched the surface yet. you are in control of your game. If you don't want to take the time to do some small tasks in order to be able to progress than go to a faster paced game like Assassins Creed and Batman they are both great open world game with a lot less demand on time. this game was meant to take dozens of hours to beat. great job Bathesda! i cant wait to play your next-gen game after i beat this one a dozen times! Expand
  78. Nov 27, 2011
    A beautiful game, and no matter what you say, undeserving of a 0/10. Ignore the teeny CoD fanboys who are raging that this game is getting a way better userscore. It is simply awesome. CoD fanboys are raging and butthurt that their favorite franchise got shat on.
  79. Nov 21, 2011
    Skyrim is better than a 9 yet not a 10. Iâ
  80. Nov 20, 2011
    Great game and graphics. I would highly recommend to any gamer. I'm not a huge RPG gamer but this game keeps things interesting. Fighting dragons is a really good touch and keeps you on your toes at all times.
  81. Nov 23, 2011
    Skyrim is an awesome game. I have put 30 hours into it and I still have the urge to play it all the time. There is so much to do in the game and something to do for everyone no matter the play style. The melee system is a lot better than in Oblivion, but it still feels a little lacking. Don't get me wrong, it still is good, but it could have been a little better. One of the biggerSkyrim is an awesome game. I have put 30 hours into it and I still have the urge to play it all the time. There is so much to do in the game and something to do for everyone no matter the play style. The melee system is a lot better than in Oblivion, but it still feels a little lacking. Don't get me wrong, it still is good, but it could have been a little better. One of the bigger complaints I have heard about this game is its graphics. The graphics are not excellent, but they are far from bad. It is exactly what I expected from and open world RPG. This game has a ton of stuff to do, so you will never get bored. All of the guilds are entertaining and the dungeons are not a bore. If you liked Oblivion, you will like Skyrim. If you didn't like Oblivion, you still might like Skyrim. I understand Skyrim is not a game for everyone. I respect that. Expand
  82. Nov 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Skyrim is one of the best games ever made from everything to characters, environment, graphics, quests its simply the best. i wasn't even a fan of the elder scroll series since i never played the first one on 360. but i am a big fan of Bethesda s fallout series and now this. i knew a year ago when it was announced it would be EPIC. your never gonna be short of anything to do in Skyrim the game just keeps on going. its huge i can rant about it for hours but i cant be bothered. of course there are some glitches etc but anyone complaining about the game is a whiny spoiled **** and can go **** themselves in my opinion. game of the year definitively game of the decade maybe you have to be a true gaming fan to appreciate this and not just someone that picks up the controller one day a year. Expand
  83. Nov 21, 2011
    Beyond Fantastic. I wish this scale had 15 because I would rate it there if i could. This game will last me YEARS, or until the next Elder Scrolls is released. Great game play, visuals are very appealing, best use of $60 this year. BUY IT!
  84. Nov 21, 2011
    This is probably the best action RPG of all time, period ! Incredible design and gameplay, nice graphics, amazing story. Why are you still reading this? Go buy your copy.
  85. Nov 21, 2011
    Beautiful master piece. one of the GOTY I've played. I which I could have a better pc to play it on but, PS3 still awesome and perfect. My only complain is that you can' t attack riding horses and you can' t ride dragons. Those two things will be a perfect 10.
  86. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is amazing! If you not 12 years old, buy Skyrim, not Zelda, come on this isn't grade school anymore! The graphics will leave you breathless, the game is challenging, as well as entertaining. The full retail price of this game was a bit much for me, I never get games right away, but I bit the bullet for Skyrim. Maybe, wait till the price goes down, but you will be missing out onThis game is amazing! If you not 12 years old, buy Skyrim, not Zelda, come on this isn't grade school anymore! The graphics will leave you breathless, the game is challenging, as well as entertaining. The full retail price of this game was a bit much for me, I never get games right away, but I bit the bullet for Skyrim. Maybe, wait till the price goes down, but you will be missing out on the game of the decade. Expand
  87. Nov 21, 2011
    A living breathing entity, separate from anything else and of it's own operations and workings is how i would describe the world of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Few games can truly make you feel like you living out your character in a believable world and yet Skyrim is able to just that. Skyrim is one of the greatest accomplishments for gaming recent times and is one of the strongestA living breathing entity, separate from anything else and of it's own operations and workings is how i would describe the world of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Few games can truly make you feel like you living out your character in a believable world and yet Skyrim is able to just that. Skyrim is one of the greatest accomplishments for gaming recent times and is one of the strongest contenders for game of the year. Play this game. Expand
  88. Nov 21, 2011
    I think the elder scrolls skyrim is an amazing pinnacle of gaming the graphics and story line are amazing but even if you dont want to stick to the main storyline there is many hours of fun to be had exploring the massive map and completing the side quests. On a scale of 1-10 this game is an 11 -Xbox360Critic
  89. Nov 23, 2011
    This is so far the best game I've played on the holidays. I have played for several days and have only scratched the surface of this wonderful game. The graphics are polished and nice. The gameplay is fun, i particularly like casting spells feels like I'm playing bioshock. The story for both the main quests and side quests like the guilds are a blast. I'm definitely going to replayThis is so far the best game I've played on the holidays. I have played for several days and have only scratched the surface of this wonderful game. The graphics are polished and nice. The gameplay is fun, i particularly like casting spells feels like I'm playing bioshock. The story for both the main quests and side quests like the guilds are a blast. I'm definitely going to replay this game a lot. Oh and I forgot the glitches, it can't be a bethseda game without any hilarious glitches. Expand
  90. Nov 21, 2011
    Some like coke, some like pepsi, the thing is, with Skyrim there is really nothing to compare it to. Having not played Oblivion, I can not say how big of an improvment it is, but I can say how big of an adventer it is. It is a game that you can only say you have completed it when you have at least a hundred hours in it. I personaly have over 20 hours logged in it, and have just barelySome like coke, some like pepsi, the thing is, with Skyrim there is really nothing to compare it to. Having not played Oblivion, I can not say how big of an improvment it is, but I can say how big of an adventer it is. It is a game that you can only say you have completed it when you have at least a hundred hours in it. I personaly have over 20 hours logged in it, and have just barely scratched the surface of the story line. Wheather you are looking to explore, go through a dungeon, do a quest, or best of all, kill a dragon, every minuet in Skyrim is well spent. You can costumize your character in each and every trait. You can be a Archer, Mage, Warrior, or some of each. You can have a spell in one hand, and a battle axe in the other. You can pull out your bow and quiver in times when you want to engage combat, while keeping your distance. No matter what classes you choose, the game expierience will be just as thrilling. There were times when I almost peed my pants in fear from even the slightest noise in a creepy dungeon. There were times when I would just want to just in my screen and live in the Province of Skyrim. In Skyrim you can almost literally live a second life, you can buy a horse, buy a house, get married, make money from stolen goods, get a drink at the local pub, kill a guy for no good reason and go to jail. You can do anything and that is the beauty of it all. Sure there can be some graphical glitches, blurred textures sometimes, and maybe you can even get stuck somewhere. But in a game like Skyrim the good, very much, out weighs the bad Expand
  91. Nov 21, 2011
    I represent 'www.BreakMyGame.com'. SKYRIM has been given our hands down! It's a new stepping stone for a new Creation game engine for new titles to come out! Graphics is not to high end and enough to wow players, the score they generated for the game is a step up to give an exact life to the world, an excellent successor and worthy hands-on for new and old players for the series. OverallI represent 'www.BreakMyGame.com'. SKYRIM has been given our hands down! It's a new stepping stone for a new Creation game engine for new titles to come out! Graphics is not to high end and enough to wow players, the score they generated for the game is a step up to give an exact life to the world, an excellent successor and worthy hands-on for new and old players for the series. Overall hour and hours of pure possibilities in how a High Exploring and Story Driven RPG game should be. Expand
  92. Nov 22, 2011
    After having played oblivion for almost 5 years, my expectations of Skyrim was sky high! yet somehow Bethesda game studios managed to surprise me. This game is beyond great, it is a Masterpiece, and more. Easily the best game ever made and it will probably stay that way for a couple of years, this game gets top score from me because of it's huge open world, hundreds of quests and infiniteAfter having played oblivion for almost 5 years, my expectations of Skyrim was sky high! yet somehow Bethesda game studios managed to surprise me. This game is beyond great, it is a Masterpiece, and more. Easily the best game ever made and it will probably stay that way for a couple of years, this game gets top score from me because of it's huge open world, hundreds of quests and infinite game play time! Expand
  93. Nov 22, 2011
    I agree with eIras, this is a masterpiece. I only started played the Elder Scrolls w/ Oblivion, so I am somewhat of a Elder Scrolls noob, but I love this game. It has made some great improvements since Oblivion. I am 20 hours in and have not even started on the main quest. An easy 10 here and my vote for GOTY
  94. Nov 22, 2011
    I would love to give this game 10/10 but that would mean that it was perfect and as much as i love Skyrim its not a perfect game. That being said however it is still the best rpg i have played since oblivion and it holds what makes the elder scrolls series great. Graphicly its amazing, the game play is brilliant and the dragons are scary as hell. Besides a few minor graphical glitches andI would love to give this game 10/10 but that would mean that it was perfect and as much as i love Skyrim its not a perfect game. That being said however it is still the best rpg i have played since oblivion and it holds what makes the elder scrolls series great. Graphicly its amazing, the game play is brilliant and the dragons are scary as hell. Besides a few minor graphical glitches and the occasional bug this game is perfect, its a must by for anyone who is a fan of open world rpgs. Expand
  95. Nov 22, 2011
    Absolutely BRILLIANT. Skyrim is a massive improvement on its amazing predecessor Oblivion. The menu system is visually stunning, clean and easy to manage/follow. Combat animation has improved dramatically and the cut scene animations are just the icing on the cake. The quests and guilds are new, exiting and have a lot of twists and turns which keep you involved and immersed in the story.Absolutely BRILLIANT. Skyrim is a massive improvement on its amazing predecessor Oblivion. The menu system is visually stunning, clean and easy to manage/follow. Combat animation has improved dramatically and the cut scene animations are just the icing on the cake. The quests and guilds are new, exiting and have a lot of twists and turns which keep you involved and immersed in the story. The Main Quest was great but the sweet thing is knowing this game isn't just a 2/3 hour and then get bored game, it is a truly massive free-roam environment in which there are hours upon hours of things to do keeping the player stuck to the TV and provides them with what feels like a truly graphically rich , deep, living world. The levelling and character management system feels so much better and more effective in shaping and helping to distinguish your own personal character without pinning him down to just one speciality. The audio of the game only adds to the experience and makes everything that much sweeter in such a huge landscape. The 3rd person camera angle and jumping are better animated and makes that type of play-style feel so much more believable and realistic. The amount of work that has gone into this game is breathtaking and shows how much Bethesda love making games, how dedicated they are, how much they listen to fan feedback and how far they are willing to go to create some so big and enjoyable for everyone (I loved how they even went as far as to use a choir for the audio, its breathtaking). I for one as a student study to become a games programmer take inspiration from games like these, Bethesda have done a great job. Did I mention the game also have dragons? Completely unscripted which only adds to the re-playability of the game, the fact that even the developers don't know when a dragon might come up is just great. Yes, this review is incredibly favourable because the game in terms of a multimedia product only helps further blur the lines between film and games, and further shows what games can achieve and how technology/incredibly dedicated people can create such stunning masterpieces. However be warned, there are many bugs with this game which does hinder the experience as well as the same voices being recycled on different characters, NPC characters being idiots, etc. However with something so big its worth it. (I feel I must also mention how unlike Oblivion there is not constant lag on a horse and loads of pausing while the loading icon appears). This is my favourite game (could you tell :P) . I can't wait for future DLC to see what else Bethesda have in store. Anyone on the edge about buying this, don't be. Go and get it, I am very sure you won't be disappointed. 10/10.(First time I have ever rated a game this high, I am also a huge Gears of War fan yet wouldn't even rate number 3 this high) Expand
  96. Nov 22, 2011
    This as pure a video game as us gamers will ever get. Full of content and exploration, this entry into the Elder Scrolls combines the best of what made Morrowind and Oblivion great.
  97. Nov 22, 2011
    Skyrim is a masterpiece that sucks you into a beautifully designed world full of little details that make it seem as real as it could ever be in a video game. This is once of those games that comes out once every few years that just blows you away. You'll spend countless hours exploring the land of Skyrim without even touching the main quest, but don't put it off for too long. What you'llSkyrim is a masterpiece that sucks you into a beautifully designed world full of little details that make it seem as real as it could ever be in a video game. This is once of those games that comes out once every few years that just blows you away. You'll spend countless hours exploring the land of Skyrim without even touching the main quest, but don't put it off for too long. What you'll find in the main quest is a great story with remarkable characters making it one of the best elder scrolls stories yet. Not only is Skyrim one of the best games of the year. It is one of the best games ever made. Expand
  98. Nov 23, 2011
    A for Awesome.

Well done Bethesda. Some devs still left in the industry with awesome imaginations, story telling skills and the talent to bring it all to life.
  99. Nov 23, 2011
    This is an extremely good game on all accounts. The first thing that comes to mind is that Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games need to take a few pointers from Bethesda on the innovation front (and the 'generally how to make a good game' front). This is the first time I can safely say my expectations have been exceeded (and they were already sky high).
  100. Nov 14, 2011
    One word : Masterpiece. Love the story/setting/combat and the sound effects are incredible. Only issue is the PS3 version has some terrible shadows which should have been turned off but otherwise this is one of those games that comes along and shatters everything else. Worth the money definitely. My only hope is Bethesda re-releases this for next-generation consoles...would love to playOne word : Masterpiece. Love the story/setting/combat and the sound effects are incredible. Only issue is the PS3 version has some terrible shadows which should have been turned off but otherwise this is one of those games that comes along and shatters everything else. Worth the money definitely. My only hope is Bethesda re-releases this for next-generation consoles...would love to play with better graphics without investing in a new PC. Morrowind was excellent, Oblivion was rushed and un-interesting, but Skyrim reigns supreme. Collapse

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011