8.4

1. Nov 14, 2011
    This is certainly the best game i have ever played, speaking as a person who couldn't stop drooling over oblivion's every aspect and as a lover of sword and sorcery in general, this is nothing short of a gift from the 8 divines (or 9 if your a stormcloak). This is a game that has fixed every quibble i had with oblivion, and somehow improved the parts i thought were perfect (what a fool iThis is certainly the best game i have ever played, speaking as a person who couldn't stop drooling over oblivion's every aspect and as a lover of sword and sorcery in general, this is nothing short of a gift from the 8 divines (or 9 if your a stormcloak). This is a game that has fixed every quibble i had with oblivion, and somehow improved the parts i thought were perfect (what a fool i was). it is balanced, fun, surprising, and my only problem with it is all the sleep and meals i have missed (two days after it's release) in its name. Expand
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    This is 100% the best game have ever played. Its just so long you get great value for money and all the different ways you can do everything and all the collectibles this game will take you months to complete. The combat is very good to giving you satisfaction when you kill something. I don't know how you could give this game less than 10 it is a must have
  3. Nov 16, 2011
    Truly a remarkable experience, the game exceeded my expectations by a long run. The changes that were made between Elder Scrolls IV and Skyrim are really well thought out. From start to finish there are always surprises as you walk through the dynamic environment of the land. Chose your side and fight! I could barely leave once I started playing this game.
  4. Nov 25, 2011
    Simply the best game of the year, is a masterpiece in every sense, history, music, scenery, gameplay, characters, dialogues, an experience that a player can not lose, if you like rpg, action, adventure in short the good games, Skyrim is the right choice, a strong candidate for game of the year.
  5. Dec 16, 2011
    What can I say that hasn't already been said about this amazing piece of art work. This is so much more then a game
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    I do not blame those who give this a bad rating...i used to hate oblivion with a passion. The gameplay and system just didn't work for me and i didn't understand what Bethesda was trying to do. But eventually a friend convinced me to try it out for a few days and truly get into it...and i finally realized what Bethesda was trying to do. This game is literally an art, and is by far theI do not blame those who give this a bad rating...i used to hate oblivion with a passion. The gameplay and system just didn't work for me and i didn't understand what Bethesda was trying to do. But eventually a friend convinced me to try it out for a few days and truly get into it...and i finally realized what Bethesda was trying to do. This game is literally an art, and is by far the greatest game EVER created. This gameplay is not for everyone, but please do not get on here and say the mechanics and graphics are bad because they are some of the greatest ever, and if you did not realize that the second you put the game into your xbox, then i feel sorry you. If i had only one word to describe Skyrim, that word would be perfection. Expand
  7. Nov 13, 2011
    In two days Ive played 21 hours. This has fixed anything I could have ever imagined to be wrong with a game. Some in the negative section claim bugs and a sloppy PC port but so far I havent seen one single bug on my PC. The vistas are simply amazing and I think the throat of the world takes the cake for the largest whole mountain ever put into any video game. One thing I have noticed isIn two days Ive played 21 hours. This has fixed anything I could have ever imagined to be wrong with a game. Some in the negative section claim bugs and a sloppy PC port but so far I havent seen one single bug on my PC. The vistas are simply amazing and I think the throat of the world takes the cake for the largest whole mountain ever put into any video game. One thing I have noticed is that you level up at about 1 per hour. I think this was intended because when you hit 50 you hit the soft cap and they wanted everyone to get up to or near 50 so that you can spend all yours perks. (50/250 still doesnt seem like enough lol) Simply amazing game and I feel like Christmas has come early this year. Expand
  8. Nov 13, 2011
    Simply put, this decade has been showered by a bunch of RPGs. Some made sense and were beautiful, like Morrowind and Dark Souls, others not too much, like Oblivion. And there was 11.11.11. Believed to be the end of the world. Not for me. It was the start of a revolution in gaming and entertainment. A revolution in media industry, in art. You know those videogames that make you pretendSimply put, this decade has been showered by a bunch of RPGs. Some made sense and were beautiful, like Morrowind and Dark Souls, others not too much, like Oblivion. And there was 11.11.11. Believed to be the end of the world. Not for me. It was the start of a revolution in gaming and entertainment. A revolution in media industry, in art. You know those videogames that make you pretend you're the main character when there's nobody around to make fun of you? Skyrim accomplishes that wonderfully. I often find myself studying the Dragon Language and letting out some shouts just for fun. Why? Because of the joy I experienced when I played TES: V. The first time I played the game, I shed manly tears at the beautiful scenery and how much Bethesda improved after TES: IV released. The character models are now fluid, the facial animations make you see the huge leap from the disastrous mess Oblivion was to this improved version Skyrim provides. The character attack and walk animations were horrid in Oblivion, while Skyrim feels more lifelike and fabulous. Fighting a dragon is so exhilarating and breathtaking, especially about the fact Dovahkiin is similar to dragons. The magic system is really well worked on, and it works really well wielding different spells in each hand, or either hack and slash through bosses while spraying fire at them, or maybe even firing icy spikes from your hand while you defend from your enemy's strikes using a shield. The art style is gorgeous, the amount of different things you can do such as alchemy, enchanting, cooking, blacksmithing, making clothes and armor, killing animals for some game or for some hide makes you spend many hours playing. It's just wonderful how Skyrim executes the most important aspect of a game: content. The awe to experience when you fail to create a potion or the fun to experience when you learn a new spell is incomparable. TES: V makes your outer self change while still hooking you to the beauty of the game. All I have to say is this new, amazing, marvellous RPG deserves a plain 10 as a token of not peace, not kindness or lack of being sincere, but as a well deserved Game of the Year. Skyrim stands out as the best RPG I've played.

Congratulations, Bethesda. Few can accomplish building this beautiful kind of game.
  9. Nov 11, 2011
    This truly is the most beautiful game I have ever seen. A masterpiece and an epic world for you to explore and discover. The is the definitive game for this generation of consoles.
  10. Nov 16, 2011
    All people who hate this game need to stfu they are clearly the minority here. This game in my opinion is one of the best that we have seen in a awhile.
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    GOTY and one of the best games I have ever played. The amount of quality that Bethesda put into this game is amazing. I went into this game with pretty high expectations but I was blown away by how much content was packed into this beautiful game. And its not just how much content but how good and enjoyable the content is. This is one of those games that just don't come along very often.
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    Every game released in the past year has just been a filler. This is the game we all have been waiting so long for. Everything from the previous game has been refined and tuned to make one of the greatest RPG experiences to date. For every one thing Bethesda did right in this game, it did 100 things even righter. Visuals, sound, game play; what can be said about this game that has notEvery game released in the past year has just been a filler. This is the game we all have been waiting so long for. Everything from the previous game has been refined and tuned to make one of the greatest RPG experiences to date. For every one thing Bethesda did right in this game, it did 100 things even righter. Visuals, sound, game play; what can be said about this game that has not already been said? Expand
  13. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is just excellence on all levels, from the gameplay to the soundtrack, i just love it! The story is brilliant and so are the many adventures that await you!
  14. Nov 11, 2011
    The first few hours in, I'm enthralled. The storyline is rich, should you choose to follow it, but the game actually rewards you for actually utilizing its sandbox style regardless. Every area and encounter is different each time you play, and the soundtrack can really get you into the game. Other developers need to step up to this standard now. The renewed engine is great, and even withThe first few hours in, I'm enthralled. The storyline is rich, should you choose to follow it, but the game actually rewards you for actually utilizing its sandbox style regardless. Every area and encounter is different each time you play, and the soundtrack can really get you into the game. Other developers need to step up to this standard now. The renewed engine is great, and even with a PC gaming rig built 2-3 years ago, you can still run on high resolution with great FPS. The game play is solid, and although sometimes melee feels like you're not actually hitting the target, that is more than made up with the improvements to archery and magic use. Overall, this is the best Elder Scrolls game in the series so far, and one of the best RPG genre games of all time. Expand
  15. Nov 11, 2011
    What a great game!! So big, so beautiful, so much fun to play. In my 10 years of gaming, I haven't seen anything like this, Skyrim's world is so well done, full of life, every little detail is accounted for. What I noticed is that you never stop doing quests and they're so much fun to do, that they will eat up your time for at least 1 month! Everything feels perfect, I'm giving this game a 10.
  16. Nov 13, 2011
    perfect game, oblivion rulez !!!!!!!Amazing GOTY. This is better than Oblivion and it is the best RPG i have played, it does have some glitched but those glitched willl be patched soon.fu** glitched.
  17. Nov 11, 2011
    A truly in depth game with amazing graphics and outstanding features. I think this is a must have game, its one that will go down as one of the, if not the, best game of the year. So far I haven't got to far into the game but there has been no glitches and has had a intriguing story line. I really recommend you pick this game up.
  18. Dec 15, 2011
    What can I say, I never played Oblivion or Morrowind and don't really care because this is the best game on any platform that I have ever played and I have played quite a few. This game has shown me that there are still developers who make games for gamers. The endless possibilities of character development, the size of the area to be explored, the beauty of the environments, theWhat can I say, I never played Oblivion or Morrowind and don't really care because this is the best game on any platform that I have ever played and I have played quite a few. This game has shown me that there are still developers who make games for gamers. The endless possibilities of character development, the size of the area to be explored, the beauty of the environments, the unpredictability of what may happen next, the fantastic music, the great story and side stories with various factions and the complete immersion I have experienced in this game is mind blowing. This is a work of art and I just wanna thank Bethesda for making a game that takes up half the storage space on my console than most games but provides a hundred times more fun than 95% of the crap that is churned out these days, don't understand anyone scoring this a zero but hey whatever I'm off to absorb some more dragon souls. Expand
  19. Dec 15, 2011
    if you play just one game this year this is THE GAME you should choose.it's not only epic in scale it's also the game that just keeps giving and giving.from the graphics to the characters the story and everything else this game does its pure class,I'd defiantly recommend it to all gamers.even if your not into role playing games you will be after playing this one.go on you owe it to yourself !
  20. Nov 15, 2011
    I hated Morrowind and never got around to playing Oblivion so this game has been a revelation.

It is simply magnificent. It would be easier to to list my few minor gripes: clunky and immersion-breaking console interface ported to the PC, Dragons seem a bit weak and there's a few CTD/minimizer bugs on the PC. 99% of the time I am just marvelling at the brilliance of this game and

99% of the time I am just marvelling at the brilliance of this game and struggling to stop myself playing through the night.
  21. Nov 12, 2011
    Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Thank You, Bethesda.

Just when you thought that everyone had sold out & everything was plastic... so much substance, depth, & detail...

It shows. *Hats off the artists of the game* Well deserved. Musical score & ambiance? Fantastic.

Well done, Bethesda, employees... well done. *bow*
  22. Nov 13, 2011
    The pinnacle of open world RPG design. This game takes the best of Morrowind and Oblivion, and even earlier games (random quests from Daggerfall, for example) and takes it to an entirely new level. The world is beautifully designed and very interactive.

One of the best games I've played in a long, long time.
  23. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not one to give out high scores for any product, with prices of games going up and the quality of games coming down, Skyrim is that rare gem that comes once a decade.

I've never really played any of the Elder Scrolls, so I'm not familiar with the history, but mucking about Skyrim has given me a very good first impression. Customization is awesome and very well done. The infinite

Customization is awesome and very well done. The infinite choices you could make for what probably amounts to a fraction of screen time. For some hard core enthusiast, it's a must have.

The Game is huge, the puzzles fun, the conversations are not boring and thank goodness I'm not constantly hit upon or worried that a wrong choice could set me along the route of a homosexual relationship with an NPC.

Combat is fun, I enjoy it in the 3rd person more than the first person. Namely because it's mostly melee, and first person views never worked for me when it comes to swords and sorcery.

I've read threads about how Skyrim Graphics are bad. I'm not sure what people's expectations were, but Skyrim is beautiful. The atmosphere and backgrounds are lush and picturesque.

The animations are a fantastic apart from the annoying skating of your character.

The game is free form, so while you're travelling to a quest, there's that little path you spy on your right that leads to some darken woods....(from what i understand a trademark of Elder Scrolls)

Pathfinding for your companions are quite horrendous, which brings me to the bad.

The game is buggy, Boss mobs disappear after a fight and mobs randomly clip into terrain and disappear. I've had some weird lag spikes in the game, in one instance freezing the screen for about 10 to 15 seconds. But otherwise, the game is stable and I've not CTD once.

My companion kept getting stuck, especially if you start exploring up craggy rocks. The AI just can't manoeuvre through rough terrain. At least he catches up with you and doesn't disappear when you move on. Expect to sink a ton of time into this game.

I thoroughly hope Bethesda takes the RPG crown from Bioware. A solid RPG Offering and truly the Game of the Decade.
  24. Nov 12, 2011
    Where Elder Scrolls previously set the bar and got other developers scrambling to give attention to detail to their games and try to measure up, so too will Skyrim. No longer will we gamers accept hastily created content and graphics.. we want more of this! For those whining about a few bugs; get a life you non-contributing zero. Skyrim is simply jaw dropping.
  25. Nov 11, 2011
    It is so impossibly improved from Oblivion.. I knew it was going to be good but I was in awe of the improvements. I look at ES:IV now and can't believe I how amazing I thought it was when I now compared it to Skyrim.
  26. Nov 11, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has by far exceeded my expectations. Personally I am not a fan of the Fallout series and as the press for this game came out it seemed that the game was becoming more like Fallout and less like Oblivion. Happily this is not the case
  27. Nov 15, 2011
    Simply a masterpiece. This game crosses the line of playing a game, into something you feel you are truly experiencing. Best $60 I have ever spent on a video game. The game is just beautiful.
  28. Nov 13, 2011
    I originally thought that this game was one of those stupid JRPG games that have medieval castles with motor cycles and faries, and I don't usually play Medieval style games but I gave Skyrim a try, and I was amazed, and surprised that a game like Skyrim was good. I was playing practically all day, and I couldn't seem to get myself off the game. It is really enjoyable, yes it will onlyI originally thought that this game was one of those stupid JRPG games that have medieval castles with motor cycles and faries, and I don't usually play Medieval style games but I gave Skyrim a try, and I was amazed, and surprised that a game like Skyrim was good. I was playing practically all day, and I couldn't seem to get myself off the game. It is really enjoyable, yes it will only last you roughly two hours if you stick with the main quests. However if you do the side quests there is about 50-60 hours worth of content in this game.

I really love the enchanting the weapons and armor. It allows you to take a special effect from one weapon and apply it to another weapon.

I really recommend Skyrim, even if you haven't played Oblivion before.
  29. Nov 12, 2011
    Don't listen to any of the haters, Skyrim is definitely a worthy entry in the revered Elder Scrolls franchise, and a fantastic game over all. Yeah, the texture issue sucks, but Bethesda is working on it. A lot of these bad reviews are from trolls who live to stir s*** up for laughs. Anyway, on to the review. I've played Elder Scrolls since 2004, and one thing loved about every game wasDon't listen to any of the haters, Skyrim is definitely a worthy entry in the revered Elder Scrolls franchise, and a fantastic game over all. Yeah, the texture issue sucks, but Bethesda is working on it. A lot of these bad reviews are from trolls who live to stir s*** up for laughs. Anyway, on to the review. I've played Elder Scrolls since 2004, and one thing loved about every game was the freedom to do what I want, when I wanted. I'll admit, when I was first given the freedom to freeroam in Skyrim, I felt overwhelmed; the game world feels extremely vast, with sweeping plains and imposing mountains. Bethesda has done an excellent job of making the world feel gigantic. One minor disappointment I do have however is the inability to choose major/minor skills. The ability to level up every ability is nice and fluid, but at the same time it also feels a little messy, because you're unsure of what archtype to play as. Anyway, that's just a minor, personal gripe. One thing I LOVE however is how powerful some of the enemies are. In Morrowind, you could go anywhere, but stray too far and you die quickly. This really made you wanted to increase your skills, and when you finally killed that difficult enemy, you felt bad ass. In Oblivion, this wasn't the case; I rarely died in that game, even on harder difficulties. Skyrim however, taught me a lesson; never bum rush a frost troll at a low level with a weak fire spell.

Another thing I absolutely adore is how they used some of the songs from Morrowind. I loved Morrowind, so having that nostalgia kick in while I explore the countryside is a real treat. The original soundtrack is equally fantastic. In terms of actual gameplay, it really comes down to opinion. The magic is VERY improved over Oblivion, and is a blast to use. The dual-wielding aspect works incredibly well, and gives you a nearly endless variety of ways to play. The spriting mechanic works, but is merely average. Aiming with the bow has also been improved, and no longer feels clunky and slow like in Oblivion; you also move slowly while aiming with the bow now, so you have to think more tactically; no more circling that bear and pelting it with arrows until it falls. I also love the kill animations; they're pretty infrequent, but extremely satisfying when they happen. All in all, Skyrim is a fantastic title that everyone should play, regardless if you haven't played any other elder scrolls. it's a little rough around the edges, but then again, so is Skyrim's terrain. Buy it, play it, love it.
  30. Nov 21, 2011
    alright ive seen alot of trollin on here, how is there repetitve visuals? the landscape is very much varied, everything from frozen tundras, snowy mountains, swamps, forests, and alot of brilliantly made dungeons. i think this game is gonna be game of the year. everything is significantly improved from oblivion.. sure the games buggy, but it doesnt detract from the overall game, i putalright ive seen alot of trollin on here, how is there repetitve visuals? the landscape is very much varied, everything from frozen tundras, snowy mountains, swamps, forests, and alot of brilliantly made dungeons. i think this game is gonna be game of the year. everything is significantly improved from oblivion.. sure the games buggy, but it doesnt detract from the overall game, i put atleast 120 hours and im not bored of it and the game crashed twice.. honestly i dont have any issues with this game at all, its a game that i can actually call a work of art. the graphics are really good, a big upgrade from oblivion, now im not gonna say it has the most intuitive combat system, but it is improved from oblivion. all in all, this is probably the best n the series, most content rich game ive ever had the joy of playing. good job bethesda, you really have outdone yourself haha. worth every nickle and dime for this game. Expand
  31. Nov 13, 2011
    Incredible Rpg game. The graphics and gameplay are absolutely stunning. The plot and environment is awesome. There is a huge epic scale of things to explore. It feels like playing a single player mmorpg. I'm 20 hours in and still haven't scratched the surface because there is so much things to do such as exploring dungeons, crafting, and enchanting. This game draws you in and keeps youIncredible Rpg game. The graphics and gameplay are absolutely stunning. The plot and environment is awesome. There is a huge epic scale of things to explore. It feels like playing a single player mmorpg. I'm 20 hours in and still haven't scratched the surface because there is so much things to do such as exploring dungeons, crafting, and enchanting. This game draws you in and keeps you wanting to play more. Expand
  32. Nov 13, 2011
    this is one of the best games i ever played it is so good in every aspect luckily i havent experienced one glitch yet and have played for 30 hours it has an amazing world to explore its my 2nd favourite rpg game fallout 3 being first and my 4th favourite game of all time (u2 first fallout 3 2nd uncharted 3 3rd) but i will be playing this game forever :)
  33. Nov 30, 2011
    Skyrim is one of the beat games ever to be released,bar none. The best this year no doubt. It literary has hundreds of hours of gameplay, vast sprawling cities, tons of small settlements and an extremely detailed and beautiful wilderness to explore. Though i was disappointed in the "main" story line, to me it just didnt seem as long as oblivion or other previous similar titles. Even thoughSkyrim is one of the beat games ever to be released,bar none. The best this year no doubt. It literary has hundreds of hours of gameplay, vast sprawling cities, tons of small settlements and an extremely detailed and beautiful wilderness to explore. Though i was disappointed in the "main" story line, to me it just didnt seem as long as oblivion or other previous similar titles. Even though the main story quest was short to me afterwards there are still literally tons of things to experience from joining several types of guilds, cave and dungeons to explore. The leveling up system to me was a little confusing to me at first but i grew to love it and i can navigate through the menus on the fly easily. There is so much to do here in the game it is definitely worth the money, i highly recommend it. As for the people who comeon here abd say the game crashes and freezes, well im not calling them liars but im willing to bet their system is going to crap, i havent had one technical issue with this game. I give this a 9.5 out of 10. I hope this helps folks out. Expand
  34. Nov 14, 2011
    Simply the bes game yet from Bethesda, Eclipses Oblivion and out does Fallout 3, A true work of genius and the best game I have ever played.

Great story telling from what i consider to be the best company in gaming right now and this game certainly shows that. It is an absolute must for any serious gamers collection.
  35. Nov 16, 2011
    I purchased Skyrim on launch day, and once I started up the game, there were no load times, no advertisements, no logos besides Bethesda's but a clean interface going straight to the menu screen and new game. Starting and playing the game itself is like living in a fantasy world. The music, sounds, graphics and everything make you feel totally immersed. This game is improved from OblivionI purchased Skyrim on launch day, and once I started up the game, there were no load times, no advertisements, no logos besides Bethesda's but a clean interface going straight to the menu screen and new game. Starting and playing the game itself is like living in a fantasy world. The music, sounds, graphics and everything make you feel totally immersed. This game is improved from Oblivion in every way because there are no game breaking bugs, crashes, graphic, or performance issues, and the ones that they do have are very minor and can be patched. I have played about 35 hours so far and I can say that this game is a masterpiece. I have only been to one city so far and have been doing quests only in that city. I have not even gone through half of the quests yet as I have a long list of things to do, and each quest doesn't feel generic like other RPGs' fetch quests and kill quests. There are 8 more holds in the game, so I know I can expect much more than the 300 hours Bethesda advertised. Overall, I can't even begin to describe what this game offers and how much you can do in it while having so much fun. Expand
  36. Nov 11, 2011
    Simply put, the best game i have ever played. Bethesda outdid themselves once again. I just love to see a company really put this much time and effort into a game. With a project of this magnitude there will be bugs and glitches but as long as they aren't game breaking i actually find them quite amusing. I'll definitely be playing this game for quite some time.
  37. Nov 12, 2011
    This should revolutionize the standard and depth of games. If you want to watch pretty special effects but play a shallow game then get call of duty, but if you want a proper game that you'll get value out of this is the right choice
  38. Nov 12, 2011
    I'm 17 hours into Skyrim, and more than anything, there is only one problem I have with it. The more I play, the better it gets, and the better it gets, the more I play. If you have any respect for Video Games, or Fantasy in general, you need to play this game. It's unquestionably the best game I have ever played - so much depth, an impressive world, that feels very much alive, and some ofI'm 17 hours into Skyrim, and more than anything, there is only one problem I have with it. The more I play, the better it gets, and the better it gets, the more I play. If you have any respect for Video Games, or Fantasy in general, you need to play this game. It's unquestionably the best game I have ever played - so much depth, an impressive world, that feels very much alive, and some of the best combat in a first person RPG to date. Just Play it. It makes full use of the Xbox's limited hardware, and is a truly beautiful game. FUS DOH RAH! Expand
  39. Nov 13, 2011
    Elder scrolls noob but 6 hours in I'm hooked, well worth a go, even if this type of game isn't your norm! Glad I got rid of mw3 for this! The story and quests so far have been interesting and not the usual 'fetch this' dull ones from games past.
  40. Nov 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would rate this game a 9.7, but since I can't, and I felt that giving this game a 9 was way too low, I gave it a 10. This game is outstanding. Although Oblivion was great as well, it did have it's flaws, and I think that Bethesda Game Studios has really made an effort to eliminate these flaws, and they have also added some successful features from Fallout 3. The graphics are the best I've seen in a video game to date. Think about it, what could possibly be better than a game where you can fight dragons, raid caves and dungeons, breathe fire, turn enemies into ice, become invulnerable for a a short period of time so you can jump off cliffs and mountains, and call down a befriended dragon to kill your enemies? This game is definitely worth the £40 ($60) I paid for it. Expand
  41. Nov 13, 2011
    My favourite game, only one problem is that I'm having a bit of trouble with this glitch that causes the first option to be chosen when speaking to anyone, even if I have a different option highlighted.
    However, this game is extraoridinary graphically, the gameplay is smooth and in-depth, and it is very realistic as far as stealing something in plain sight as opposed to stealing something behind closed doors...
    Conversation is excellent, the voice acting is wonderful, and combat is fluid and addicting. I highly reccomend this game to anyone and everyone looking for adventure in Tamriel!
  42. Nov 13, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls series is a massive thing in many peoples lives, sad as it may be it is and it is in my life. On the 11th of November the culmination of 8 months (or so) of long hard wait ended as I dipped into the world of Tamriel for the second time (getting hooked on oblivion) in the province to the north called Skryim. And my god was I overwhelmed.

You start being led to your

You start being led to your execution, this alone shows the power of the graphical engine, and being 'saved' by a dragon. This was the best 'cutscene' I have ever played. From this I went out into a beautifully crafted world with a variety to choose from.

To save your eyes from reading and my fingers from typing I will not list the games huge collection of successes but concentrate on what led me to rate it 9/10.

First off I would have liked to dub it 97/100 but this is how the system works, so here we go. There are a few fundamental flaws in the game, one being texture loading bugs (soon to be patched) and also the overwhelming sense of basically being overwhelmed.

Now to finish off all I can say is this is the GOTY and you should buy it, 100% play it, it is the best in the series and I am sure TES 6 will be mind blowing, just as this is, but there are places (small) that the warm gooey liquid of Skyrim could have filled, though I still don't mind taking a swig of it.
  43. Nov 13, 2011
    Aside from an occasional glitch and game freeze (understandable for a game this size; future title updates should fix remaining issues) Skyrim soars in every area it attempts: combat, story & side quests, loot, and exploration of a breathtaking world. If I must find a complaint I would say more tutorials for understanding the various professions- alchemy, enchanting, etc.
  44. Nov 13, 2011
    I absolutely love every aspect of this beautiful, entrancing masterpiece of a game. Sure there are things that Oblivion or Morrowind may have done better, and there are bugs here and there, but they don't get in the way of the rich story, addictive exploration, combat, great side quests, amazing detailed high-definition graphics, and excitement in every hour I play this game. AnotherI absolutely love every aspect of this beautiful, entrancing masterpiece of a game. Sure there are things that Oblivion or Morrowind may have done better, and there are bugs here and there, but they don't get in the way of the rich story, addictive exploration, combat, great side quests, amazing detailed high-definition graphics, and excitement in every hour I play this game. Another great thing is that you don't need to have played the previous games to understand the story, since it takes place 200 years after any of the events of Oblivion. Go buy this game immediately, it contains one of the best experiences with a game that I've had in a long time. Expand
  45. Nov 13, 2011
    Skyrim is one of those games that people are going to either **** and complain about endlessly, or proclaim to be flawless and without error. It is neither of those.
    The bad:
    Visually; the lighting can make certain things hard to see at times, the text is too small(especially on a standard def TV, some of it being unreadable), there are quite a few low res textures and pop-ins.
    The bad:
    Gameplay; The controls can feel a bit clunky at times, and you may find yourself missing every other power attack. The implementation of dual wielding weapons, while cool, doesn't always work well. Arrows, just like in Oblivion, feel far too weak to be used for anything but stealth. Most enemies are too easy, with the occasional creature that pops out of nowhere and kills you in two hits. Spellmaking has been removed from the game, and there isn't much variety in the spells that are left.
    The good:
    Visuals; this game is absolutely beautiful. The draw distance they have achieved is incredible, and the attention to detail of the world is insane. You'll see a lot of people comparing the visuals to Fallout 3, but they are infinitely superior. All of the interiors, caves, mines, etc, are done by hand. All of the exteriors have more foliage and feel more alive. The water flows realistically, like it has a destination, and is close to perfect. Despite the fact that some of the textures don't look so great up close, walking through the world of this game is more immersive than Oblivion, and on par with Morrowind. Gameplay; Everything is overhauled. Everything is better. The combat feels like you're hitting a creature with your sword, instead of swinging it mindlessly through the air. Shield bashing adds some much needed strategy into the blocking system. Spells, though they have less variety, are much more useful, and playing a character that tows the line between two specialties is much easier. The leveling system is much better than Oblivion, and doesn't force you to plan out your character before you even start the game. Items are more expensive, alchemy is more difficult, and to become a powerful character you really have to explore. Everything about Skyrim is improved over Oblivion other than the spellmaking system.
    Bottom line: Skyrim is not a perfect game, but it is so much more than the sum of its parts. It does nothing perfectly, but does everything better than most other games released today. Bethesda took the best parts of Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3, and made a game that may surpass all of them.
    I give this game a 9 because it needs to be patched. Once that has happened, it will truly be everything Elder Scrolls fans could have hoped for, and maybe a lot more.
  46. Nov 13, 2011
    Yet another amazing game from an amazing publisher. Worth every single penny spent on the game. Fantastic visual experience, character development, NPC personalization, quests. Everything is amazing.
  47. Nov 13, 2011
    Only 12 hours in, but so far I haven't seen any glitches. I love the new menu layouts and all the extra interactivity they added. This game is way to addicting, I'm scared but I think I'm in love.
  48. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is breathtaking. As a long time fan of the Elder Scrolls series, I was not disappointed by Skyrim. Everything in this game is SUPERB; graphics, sound, gameplay, and story. The most impressive part of the game is the amount of detail that the developers have managed to put into this game. I have played this game nonstop since the release, and i'm loving every minute of it. ThisThis game is breathtaking. As a long time fan of the Elder Scrolls series, I was not disappointed by Skyrim. Everything in this game is SUPERB; graphics, sound, gameplay, and story. The most impressive part of the game is the amount of detail that the developers have managed to put into this game. I have played this game nonstop since the release, and i'm loving every minute of it. This game is GOTY material. Expand
  49. Nov 14, 2011
    It doesnt get much better than this. This is a Bethesda style RPG at its finest. The story is very interesting. the characters are likable, and the sound is amazing. I've had the game for 3 days and already have 26 hours logged and im not even close to finishing the main quest. Worth $60. All the way
    This is the only game coming out this month that deserves a 10
  50. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm going to write the things that come to my mind... This game is simply amazing! The most ambitious game of bethesda and the most captivating one too. When I started playing I didn't knew what to expect but after many hours of gameplay I just wanted to keep playing and keep exploring the beautiful lands of Skyrim. The character creation is simplified for good and for bad too. You chooseI'm going to write the things that come to my mind... This game is simply amazing! The most ambitious game of bethesda and the most captivating one too. When I started playing I didn't knew what to expect but after many hours of gameplay I just wanted to keep playing and keep exploring the beautiful lands of Skyrim. The character creation is simplified for good and for bad too. You choose sex and race and that's all. Start playing. After some minutes you start building your "role" by using some skills (magic, one handed, heavy armor, etc.) The good thing about this is that if you want to change from a sneaky char to a aggressive mage you are going to spend some time building the new role, just keep using the skills and in some time you can be a sneaky aggressive mage. How beauty is that?. The shouts (dragon type powers) are amazing and very fun to use. The companion system is good but some times my companions sucks. The music and the sounds are superb, the dialogue is amazing. The world feels alive (I love to watch how the salmon swims against the waterfalls), the dungeons are very well crafted. The story is very deep and the main quests, the side quests, the miscellaneous quests and the subquests are well crafted and very inmersive. This is for sure a GOTY contender. Try this game, you deserve it. Expand
  51. Nov 15, 2011
    A absolute work of genius so far found nothing wrong with the game is you remotely like any RPG game you will love this. i would highly recommend this game
  52. Nov 15, 2011
    After some 30 hours in, I am still blown away by how great this game is. It truly is a masterpiece in gaming. One moment you could be scaling an huge mountain, the next plundering the tomb of a long dead king or even fighting to the death with an ancient dragon. The graphics are fantastic and yes there are a few bugs but they are so minor, unless you are intentionally hunting for errorsAfter some 30 hours in, I am still blown away by how great this game is. It truly is a masterpiece in gaming. One moment you could be scaling an huge mountain, the next plundering the tomb of a long dead king or even fighting to the death with an ancient dragon. The graphics are fantastic and yes there are a few bugs but they are so minor, unless you are intentionally hunting for errors because you are another game's fan-boy you very rarely notice them.

If you are still some how on the fence about buying this game I urge you to do it as soon as possible. Each moment you are spending not in Tamriel (the games setting) is a moment wasted.
  53. Nov 16, 2011
    The best game ever created. Simple as that. Whether you want to compare this game to other RPGs or any other genre, Bethesad has cemented themselves as the based developers in the business. Truly a monumentous achievment in gaming. Kudos to you guys and please continue to take my money, I will be happy to dish out as long as you keep creating games like this.
  54. Nov 16, 2011
    best game there is around. Beautiful graphics and great game play. this game could definteley be able to occupy anybody for over a year and not have them waste money on any other game
  55. Nov 24, 2011
    Skyrim is a brilliant game that takes the best parts of Morrowind and Oblivion and then correct the problems that both games had. Of course a game this size has a couple of problems but compared to other large RPG's they are few and far between. The most common glitch i have encountered is where you cannot open doors for some odd reason but all you need to do is just either sleep for a daySkyrim is a brilliant game that takes the best parts of Morrowind and Oblivion and then correct the problems that both games had. Of course a game this size has a couple of problems but compared to other large RPG's they are few and far between. The most common glitch i have encountered is where you cannot open doors for some odd reason but all you need to do is just either sleep for a day or exit somewhere else and the problem goes away. Expand
  56. Nov 26, 2011
    This game truly is the closest to perfect I have ever seen. It does have certain moments in which bugs, or difficulty spikes may harm the experience, but otherwise, perfect. I loved every minute of this game, and I plan to enjoy far, far more. The graphics, are good, not amazing, good, but matters little. My favorite game in existence as of now, definitely a buy.
  57. Dec 1, 2011
    One of the few western RPGs I have been truly taken with in recent years. An addictive game with just the right mixture of challenge and ease to appeal to the majority as a whole. There is so much to explore that you will be spoilt for choice. Great enemies, and a fantastic choice of weapons, attacks, and armour. It is easy to immerse yourself as a result of the music and the beautifulOne of the few western RPGs I have been truly taken with in recent years. An addictive game with just the right mixture of challenge and ease to appeal to the majority as a whole. There is so much to explore that you will be spoilt for choice. Great enemies, and a fantastic choice of weapons, attacks, and armour. It is easy to immerse yourself as a result of the music and the beautiful scenery. Expand
  58. Dec 2, 2011
    A can not recommend this game enough. To say it is the greatest game i have ever played would be a under statement. Riding on the success and popularity of Morrowind and Oblivion, Skyrim takes the open world and massive amount of content and adds a distinctive art style and game play that makes this the Game of The Year without question. If you enjoy freedom, adventure, lore and a sense ofA can not recommend this game enough. To say it is the greatest game i have ever played would be a under statement. Riding on the success and popularity of Morrowind and Oblivion, Skyrim takes the open world and massive amount of content and adds a distinctive art style and game play that makes this the Game of The Year without question. If you enjoy freedom, adventure, lore and a sense of fantasy you will love this game. Expand
  59. Nov 11, 2011
    A world to explore and pillage. Bethesda has taken the best aspects of all their previous games and improved on them. UI took a few minutes to get used to. Skyrim feels ominous on my low level character, I do not relish the thought of exploring those dark woods at night. I feel I need to prepare, something I never felt in Oblivion.
  60. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game that is making the 360 show its age. My only real complaint is that everything is SO dark. I know they want you to use the torch but talking to dark elves when the sun is up makes it impossible to see their face. I would have appreciated a little more than just an overall brightness adjustment and I do have a nice TV. One thing that this game has which is very rare butGreat game that is making the 360 show its age. My only real complaint is that everything is SO dark. I know they want you to use the torch but talking to dark elves when the sun is up makes it impossible to see their face. I would have appreciated a little more than just an overall brightness adjustment and I do have a nice TV. One thing that this game has which is very rare but amazing is the ability to map any button to any button like a PC game. Setting it up like Halo controls is amazing. Expand
  61. Nov 11, 2011
    Western RPGs don't get much better than this. The amount of effort that has gone into this game is apparent. If this doesn't make game of the year I will be very surprised.
  62. Nov 11, 2011
    A masterpiece of a game that can be related to a rare object in history, but in entertainment form. Games like this are rare. Not only have they improved upon nearly all aspects of Oblivion, but they have added a new sense of individuality, depth, and quality of the world. It may be smaller than Cyrodiil, but make no mistake, Skyrim is much larger. The character creation is fantastic,A masterpiece of a game that can be related to a rare object in history, but in entertainment form. Games like this are rare. Not only have they improved upon nearly all aspects of Oblivion, but they have added a new sense of individuality, depth, and quality of the world. It may be smaller than Cyrodiil, but make no mistake, Skyrim is much larger. The character creation is fantastic, and to give away no spoilers, can really take up quite a lot of your time as you delve into it's in depth features. The graphics are some of the best I've seen, and being on a console, it looks fantastic. The story already seems to be more realistic than Oblivion's (in terms of progression.) Look no further, this is the game of the year. No. It's the game of the century. Expand
  63. Nov 11, 2011
    I was surprised at the swaying trees and shadows in Skyrim, with a game world this big I completely understood if it wasn't in but well done Bethesda. For someone to mark this game low because of a lack of multiplayer is absurd, and shows a complete lack of comprehension. You can feel the effort in this game, absolutely briilant. Yes there are some lower res textures about but this game isI was surprised at the swaying trees and shadows in Skyrim, with a game world this big I completely understood if it wasn't in but well done Bethesda. For someone to mark this game low because of a lack of multiplayer is absurd, and shows a complete lack of comprehension. You can feel the effort in this game, absolutely briilant. Yes there are some lower res textures about but this game is huge, a game like mw3 is tiny and can't even manage to get to 720p. Todd Howard you and your team deserve the accolades, thats what happens when you put in the work. Fantastic stuff. One again the rpg stands tall atop the mountain. DOVAHKIN, DRAGONBORN!!!!!!! Thank you for my ''perfect'' game, and Jeremy S that music is just insane, all of it!!! Expand
  64. Nov 11, 2011
    By force of habit, when a new game comes along the first thing I judge it on isn't by the graphics or the gameplay, but how much improvement is shown from teh last installment which of course meant Skyrim got an A+ in my book right off the bat. After 2 hours of gameplay I can say that it kept up with my first impression and continued to impress me though and through. Though the fightingBy force of habit, when a new game comes along the first thing I judge it on isn't by the graphics or the gameplay, but how much improvement is shown from teh last installment which of course meant Skyrim got an A+ in my book right off the bat. After 2 hours of gameplay I can say that it kept up with my first impression and continued to impress me though and through. Though the fighting system still feels rather uneven and their are a few bugs, though no game breaking ones, Skryim still mixes up the pot and throws in some new twists that I'm sure any fans of the series will enjoy. The odds of Skyrim winning GOTY this year is quite high as from what I've seen in the past few months is that it's only true competitor for the title is Batman: Arkham City. Expand
  65. Nov 11, 2011
    The Game Is Amazing! Definately what I expected from Bethesda! It's Like Oblivion, Fallout, Fable and Dragon Age Combind! Except with more dragons of course! Definately Worth The Money. Epic both graphically and gameplay, so glad that its finaly here! Awesome!! 10/10
  66. Nov 11, 2011
    Soundtrack is brilliant. Visuals are outstanding. Engine Performance is beastly. Gameplay is quite fun. This is pretty much the best of the best of the entire Elder Scrolls series. Bethesda and their developers have learned so much from their previous BRILLIANT games. Unlike Battlefield 3's direction, it keeps the AMAZINGLY LARGE COMPLETELY OPEN terrain and an entire world to explore. It'sSoundtrack is brilliant. Visuals are outstanding. Engine Performance is beastly. Gameplay is quite fun. This is pretty much the best of the best of the entire Elder Scrolls series. Bethesda and their developers have learned so much from their previous BRILLIANT games. Unlike Battlefield 3's direction, it keeps the AMAZINGLY LARGE COMPLETELY OPEN terrain and an entire world to explore. It's land is like World of Warcraft with less world loading. It. Is. Amazing. Again, it keeps with the gameplay elements of previous games, HUNDREDS of quests, and how you can choose to do almost whatever you want. Want to kill everyone in the town you live in? Check. Buy a house and live in it? Check. Go and loot every dungeon in the game? Check. Amazing. Go get it. Expand
  67. Nov 11, 2011
    Went to the midnight release, practically sprinted back to my dorm room, and played it until my eyes couldn't stay open anymore. It starts off somewhat slow, but it's the game we've all been waiting for.
  68. Nov 11, 2011
    Beautiful game. Again with astounding visuals and solid gameplay. Up untill now ive had almost no bugs, except for 2 CTD's. Knowing most game developers release games half finished nowadays, thats quite well. The dialog is improved over Oblivion's one. I find it even hard to see that it is a console port, so they ported it well.
  69. Nov 11, 2011
    Ten hours in, and I feel I have only just brushed on the surface of what this game has to offer. Never before, in a very long time have I been able to sit infront of a game for hours on end and just not get bored. In the end I found myself having to force myself to stop, I had work to do.

The opening sequence is extremely linear, which is something you wont really be used to in a TES game, but stick with it because once you have started questing and exploring the world this game really comes into its own. The environments are varied and exciting, the dungeons lost the cookie-cutter feel of Oblivion and so far, the quests I have taken part in have been very well written and intresting, and I've barely touched upon the main quest.

Some people will dislike this game however, just as some people disliked previous games in the series. It has a bug or two, but nothing condemning. And somepeople may consider this "not a true rpg game" however, take this game for what it is, a TES game, and I promise you will enjoy this masterpiece.
  70. Nov 13, 2011
    The six year wait is finally over, and the jury is out on the fifth installment of the TES franchise. Skyrim is the definitive 21st century Action RPG. This time the battle goes to Skyrim where your character is released into the open to fight dragons and fight a bloody civil war. The action is fun, smooth and bloody, with intuitive menus and controls that work wonderfully on an Xbox.The six year wait is finally over, and the jury is out on the fifth installment of the TES franchise. Skyrim is the definitive 21st century Action RPG. This time the battle goes to Skyrim where your character is released into the open to fight dragons and fight a bloody civil war. The action is fun, smooth and bloody, with intuitive menus and controls that work wonderfully on an Xbox. The progression system works well though I would've liked to see more class specialization.The graphics are much better this time around, but you really need a 1080p television to get the best textures and smoothest edges. There's also the occasion graphical bug or AI pathfinding issue. Overall, Skyrim has some small issues, but I still cannot think of any gamer I wouldn't recommend this to... 9.5/10! Expand
  71. Nov 16, 2011
    Skyrim can be described by just one word, beautiful. It has everything I would look for in a game. It has hundreds of hours in game play value and fun leveling system with a impressive ice perk setup for every time you level up in the game. There are several monsters to kill and a ton of gear and loot to discover. I've already put in 40+ hours into this game it is still really fast paced.Skyrim can be described by just one word, beautiful. It has everything I would look for in a game. It has hundreds of hours in game play value and fun leveling system with a impressive ice perk setup for every time you level up in the game. There are several monsters to kill and a ton of gear and loot to discover. I've already put in 40+ hours into this game it is still really fast paced. There is an infinite amount of quests (literally, the game makes new quests as you go) and they are all very fun to complete. Dragons in this game look stunning to say the least. Overall this is close to being the best game I have ever played, easy 10/10. The only thing I could wish for is a co-op mode because a lot of my friends have this game it's always more fun with friends. Expand
  72. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best Game In History of Games.

73. Nov 21, 2011
    Games like this are the reason I became a gamer. This is video game perfection in every sense of the word. Props to Bethesda for not selling out and adding a garbage multiplayer mode. It's simply not needed. You pay $60, and get a game with literally 1000+ hours of content. Sorry all you little losers who need to rank up every 30 seconds to find joy in a game - this isn't for you.Games like this are the reason I became a gamer. This is video game perfection in every sense of the word. Props to Bethesda for not selling out and adding a garbage multiplayer mode. It's simply not needed. You pay $60, and get a game with literally 1000+ hours of content. Sorry all you little losers who need to rank up every 30 seconds to find joy in a game - this isn't for you. But any true gamer will appreciate this masterpiece. Expand
  74. Nov 20, 2011
    + Huge world to explore. Many beautiful places. Good graphics and textures. (Mods will make even better) No need to have super modern PC. Quests are really interesting. Large content.
    - Some glitches, which are not affecting the gameplay. Only few do. Would like to have more non-magic spells.

PS. If you want Skyrim, you need to play on Master. If you don't, you won't have fun.
  75. Nov 30, 2011
    Fantastic game. In my 10+ years of gaming I can honestly say this is the best game I have ever played. I have already invested over 100 hours into this masterpiece of a game and I still feel like I have only scratched the surface of things to do. Not a single moment of this game felt boring or lazy. It is only a matter of time before this game is considered a drug because of how addictingFantastic game. In my 10+ years of gaming I can honestly say this is the best game I have ever played. I have already invested over 100 hours into this masterpiece of a game and I still feel like I have only scratched the surface of things to do. Not a single moment of this game felt boring or lazy. It is only a matter of time before this game is considered a drug because of how addicting and fun it is. Do yourself a favor and buy the game. Expand
  76. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is the best and it rocks. It's the least buggiest game to come out at this time. With BF3 being buggy and populated by non existent team work and no voice users, then the appalling user score of COD this is the game for you. The dragon fighting mechanics is awesome. Give it a go. It has such an awesome score for a reason.
  77. Dec 15, 2011
    Goddamn, this game is so awesome. This is my last game on my list for this year that I wanted to play and I am having an absolute blast playing this game. I was skeptical at first because Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion was a complete bore to me and I never got in to it even though I tried to. Skyrim, to me, is a complete revelation. Lush open world presentation, absolutely epic music,Goddamn, this game is so awesome. This is my last game on my list for this year that I wanted to play and I am having an absolute blast playing this game. I was skeptical at first because Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion was a complete bore to me and I never got in to it even though I tried to. Skyrim, to me, is a complete revelation. Lush open world presentation, absolutely epic music, accessible but complex menu system , deep RPG gameplay and absolutely endless replay value. Though even with the awesome features that has been improved from Oblivion, Skyrim still has bugs and glitches that other Bethesda games suffer from but that isn't enough to ruin the experience that completely immerses you into this new world of epicness. From the first time I put the disc in to my 360, I was hooked straight away. This is one the best games I have ever played this year and I suggest buying it RIGHT NOW Expand
  78. Nov 24, 2011
    Oblivion was the best game I've played and now Skyrim has taken over that title. I'm an RPG fan and the game offers an unparalled level of depth and immersion. The province of Skyrim is a beautiful place, with tumbling waterfalls and snow capped mountins. At one point I felt a lump in my throat as I stood looking out at a particularly awe inspiring view. Quests can be picked up from 80Oblivion was the best game I've played and now Skyrim has taken over that title. I'm an RPG fan and the game offers an unparalled level of depth and immersion. The province of Skyrim is a beautiful place, with tumbling waterfalls and snow capped mountins. At one point I felt a lump in my throat as I stood looking out at a particularly awe inspiring view. Quests can be picked up from 80 percent of NPCs - even random nobodies. I don't want to rant on about why this game's so great as I'll be here all day - just go out and buy it. You'll be playing it a few years from now, especially as there's bound to be loads od DLC. Expand
  79. Nov 28, 2011
    An amazing game in scale and fun. To each their own but I can't even comprehend people who badmouth this game. Skyrim is so rich with great design and moments, that is shines far brighter then any other game that has come out this year. Those with poor reviews obviously did not actually play the game. If they would have they would have come to see how deep and enjoyable this game is truly.An amazing game in scale and fun. To each their own but I can't even comprehend people who badmouth this game. Skyrim is so rich with great design and moments, that is shines far brighter then any other game that has come out this year. Those with poor reviews obviously did not actually play the game. If they would have they would have come to see how deep and enjoyable this game is truly. Of course this kind of game is not for everyone, but if you like RPG's there is no denying that Skyrim is quite possibly the greatest RPG game ever made....so far! Expand
  80. Nov 14, 2011
    With Skyrim, Bethesda has created the greatest video game of all time. There is no other video game currently on the market that even comes close to comparing to Skyrim. The best quote out of all of the reviews for Skyrim is from The Onion AV Club - "Where many games with lavish production values seek to direct player's imaginations, Skyrim seeks to ignite them." This is the perfect way toWith Skyrim, Bethesda has created the greatest video game of all time. There is no other video game currently on the market that even comes close to comparing to Skyrim. The best quote out of all of the reviews for Skyrim is from The Onion AV Club - "Where many games with lavish production values seek to direct player's imaginations, Skyrim seeks to ignite them." This is the perfect way to sum up Skyrim. While games like Uncharted 3 and Gears of War 3 just offer shallow, scripted events that are forgotten days after, Skyrim gives you a massive playground that eclipses any other in the digital realm, and gives you the tools to make your own fun, regardless of what kind of games you like to play. Without a doubt in my mind, the greatest video game ever created. Expand
  81. Nov 14, 2011
    Skyrim is a huge improvement over Oblivion in nearly every way. First the setting. The land of Skyrim is huge, beautiful, and varied, unlike the ultimately 'pretty but boring' Cyrodiil of the previous Elder Scrolls game. Gone are the copy and pasted caves, forts, and ruins. Every single dungeon is hand crafted and it shows. Just like the exterior lands the dungeons are gorgeous to look atSkyrim is a huge improvement over Oblivion in nearly every way. First the setting. The land of Skyrim is huge, beautiful, and varied, unlike the ultimately 'pretty but boring' Cyrodiil of the previous Elder Scrolls game. Gone are the copy and pasted caves, forts, and ruins. Every single dungeon is hand crafted and it shows. Just like the exterior lands the dungeons are gorgeous to look at and compelling to explore. The level of detail given to character and item models is a HUGE step forward. The animation has been given a complete overhaul and at long last characters move naturally and believably in a Bethesda game. The combat has been improved as well. The ability to bind spells and weapons to each hand creates a much needed depth and customization to combat. The spell casting is much faster, more powerful, and more spectacular to look at. The sound design and music are similarly amazing. I'm trying hard to find things to dislike about this game, and the only thing I can come up with is the interface. The interface isn't horrible, but it take some getting used to. I've played the game for about ten hours now, and I haven't seen a glitch or had my game crash, which is also a plus considering this is a Bethesda game. All in all, I'll be playing Skyrim for a very long time, and I think this is easily the game of the year. Expand
  82. Dec 18, 2011
    Bethesda has created an incredibly immersive and realized fictional world in the fifth game in the Elder Scrolls. NPC's interact realistically, with improved animation and voice acting. Although the total number of skill categories has been reduced, the game does not suffer. In fact, cutting away the excess fat of past games put Skyrim ahead of its predecessors. Combat has been streamlinedBethesda has created an incredibly immersive and realized fictional world in the fifth game in the Elder Scrolls. NPC's interact realistically, with improved animation and voice acting. Although the total number of skill categories has been reduced, the game does not suffer. In fact, cutting away the excess fat of past games put Skyrim ahead of its predecessors. Combat has been streamlined and improved so that the player can switch between different weapons and magic easily. The menu and inventory systems have been given a similar treatment, with the primary focus being on making it easier for the player. The game is also very well balanced. Wielding swords, bows, magic or taking a more stealthy approach are equally emphasized and all seem like viable ways to play the game. Expand
  83. Dec 19, 2011
    It is true, Skyrim has issues, bugs, glitches and, if you're really unlucky, dragons that fly backwards. I have not yet seen the latter, but just about everything else - not all in the first playthrough, though.

Yes, this is one of those titles where you can zip through the main story in around fifty hours, but the average time is about twice as much, and it is said there is enough content to keep you busy for 300 to 400 hours. While I still miss a proper, decent revival of old-school RPG adventuring titles like Eye of the Beholder, Wizardry or even Dungeon Master, Skyrim is the best I've seen in quite some time. While that in itself is an easy accomplishment, simply for the lack of there being no competition whatsoever, it has to be said that a game that makes one forgive and forget the many, many flaws really must do some of the more important things right.

Mind you, this game really is not without flaw, and I sincerely hope Bethesda will get rid of the underlying problems big and small, but I found my visit to Skyrim to be interesting, refreshing and very, very inspiring. It's one of those few games where starting over with a completely different character makes sense, to see how things would have turned out if you had chosen a different path, sided with 'that other side'. It is true that there are not quite enough of those game-changing options that have an impact on the whole game world. But, seeing as how exponentially complicated these things easily and quickly get, I was happy with what we got. If you manage to resist the temptation of exploiting any levelling shortcut or other cheating, Skyrim offers an astonishing amount of story and background, with an unequalled freedom to do as you please. Classes are not a one-time choice, you get better at whatever you choose to do by doing it. So your rogue could conjure up a tank or a decoy, or your mage could very well resort to maces or axes if things get rough and you find yourself in a closed quarters combat situation. Even your destruction mage could eventually be sneaky enough to silently pick off single foes with a deadly arrow before shooting fire and ice and lightning bolts, which makes for quite some diversified action. I admit: I really did not want to like this, but I ended up loving it.
  84. Nov 15, 2011
    One of the greatest games of all time. Takes a crap on both Oblivion & Morrowind. It is what Oblivion wished it was. With all the improvements and added content that Oblivion left out. Skyrim is a complete game.
  85. Nov 14, 2011
    Liked oblivion? This improves. Ten-fold. Leveling is now a fluid masterpiece, being able to form your character from your play style is new and unrestricted. No more guessing at the beginning of the game of what you will like, it is all what you use through out.
  86. Nov 14, 2011
    Im sorry, but this game is one of the closest games ive ever even thought of considering as a 10/10 game..but as we all know, there is no such thing. Anyway, back to the game, if you're a guy who doesnt get what the hype is all about then i can give you some advice, GET THIS GAME, as soon as you can. It is worth every penny and more and i can guarantee you it is going to be the game of theIm sorry, but this game is one of the closest games ive ever even thought of considering as a 10/10 game..but as we all know, there is no such thing. Anyway, back to the game, if you're a guy who doesnt get what the hype is all about then i can give you some advice, GET THIS GAME, as soon as you can. It is worth every penny and more and i can guarantee you it is going to be the game of the year

Why am i so confident in this game, well, like its predecessor, the game developers worked hard day and night for many years. These guys dont just release titles for sake of t unlike otehr game companies, these guys make games with the aim of getting the highest possible success, you can look at all their games and see for yourself. With that said, It comes as no surprise as to why the world had to stand still in awe when the game hit and why everyone is such a fan.

You're probably thinking "what a biased review" and to that I say "GET THE GAME and you'll see what I'm talking about" If you've never played this game or are even considering getting it, this will be one of those amazing games that you'll never forget and be grateful you bought, you have my word for it.
  87. Dec 19, 2011
    The game isn't flawless, but what game is? It's got its bugs, some small, some big, but even they can't take away from the experience I took away after playing this masterpiece. It's the first time I've ever seen a game live up to such hype. I love the combat, the plot, the lore, everything. Bethesda has raised the bar here and created the game that all RPGs will be judged by. It'll beThe game isn't flawless, but what game is? It's got its bugs, some small, some big, but even they can't take away from the experience I took away after playing this masterpiece. It's the first time I've ever seen a game live up to such hype. I love the combat, the plot, the lore, everything. Bethesda has raised the bar here and created the game that all RPGs will be judged by. It'll be tough to beat. Buy Skyrim. Expand
  88. Dec 18, 2011
    Fantastic game! If you are a fan of Rpg's you will love this game! I would write a longer review but you should go rent/buy it and I will let the game do the talking.
  89. Nov 30, 2011
    Being 80 in game, all I can say is: This game, is so epic, that it kicks your ass so hard that diarrhea comes out of your dick! World is absolutely huge, very many things and places to explore and discover. Beatiful sights when you are at the top of the mountain. Obtaining dragon's soul feels epic - you can feel your blood circulating a bit faster. A lot of skills to level up, it will takeBeing 80 in game, all I can say is: This game, is so epic, that it kicks your ass so hard that diarrhea comes out of your dick! World is absolutely huge, very many things and places to explore and discover. Beatiful sights when you are at the top of the mountain. Obtaining dragon's soul feels epic - you can feel your blood circulating a bit faster. A lot of skills to level up, it will take months of gameplay to actually get your skills to 100. Not a super huge armor and weapon choice, but they look very good and feel very powerful. There are guilds, companies, parties to join, call them how you want. I personally joined the Thieves Guild, because I can make a lot of coin for me and guild, and level up skills that usually aren't going up as fast as direct combat skills. Skills like sneak, lockpicking, pickpocketing. Huge amount of side-quests. Big choose of races, every race has it's own pros (no cons). For example, Redguards can't be harmed with poison; they are immune of it. Nords are 50% resistant to cold. Khajii't pickpocket and sneak better. I absolutely love this game, this the Game of The Year, the Decade, the Century and the Millennium! You are a fool if you don't try this game. Expand
  90. Dec 7, 2011
    'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim' is a game that only happens once every 10-15 years. Like 'Ocarina of Time' before it, Skyrim sets a new standard in video games and blurs the line of "Virtual-reality". From the onset, you have the ability to change anything and everything about your character (except height and weight). The game starts off like previous games in the Elder Scrolls series,'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim' is a game that only happens once every 10-15 years. Like 'Ocarina of Time' before it, Skyrim sets a new standard in video games and blurs the line of "Virtual-reality". From the onset, you have the ability to change anything and everything about your character (except height and weight). The game starts off like previous games in the Elder Scrolls series, with you taking the place of a nameless prisoner. From there, you choose: the race, sex, origin, and name of your character. Then, the story starts; and it never stops. The game is massive, and every side quest, miscellaneous quest, and main-story quest all have their unique dialog, story, and characters. The game also doesn't take any shortcuts on content. Almost every chest is filled with goodies to loot, every person has their own personality, every city has a unique layout, and their are no two vistas that share common form. Everything in this game is detailed, from the buildings and roads, to the people and mountains; everything has been giving some area of uniqueness. The game will also keep you busy for a while; with the main storyline lasting about 10-15 hours and side quests/misc quests lasting well over 100 hours. It is possible to beat Skyrim in 10 hours, but chances are you won't want to. I am 50+ hours into the game, and maybe 10% through the main storyline. The game is massive, expansive, and highly detailed; which leads to some of the few flaws in the game. The game, very rarely will chug when multiple enemies (5+) are all fighting on screen. The game will also render in front of you and texture pop also happens. But, keep in mind; I have only experienced these issues 3 times in 50 hours.

'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim' is the ultimate game. A game for RPG fans, hack-n-slash fans, and action-adventure games; Skyrim is a game for everyone. And, like The Ocarina of Time before it, Skyrim is the best game this gen; and in my opinion, all-time.
  91. Nov 11, 2011
    I'm a big fan of TES games, been playing them since Daggerfall
    I just wanna say that Skyrim is the best TES game, the best RPG ever, and IMO the best game ever.
    I've never been so hyped up for a video game, and Skyrim surpasses my expectations. GOTY 2011
  92. Nov 14, 2011
    A massive amount of content, a beautiful world, and an endless ride of combat, customization, and just a great game. There are a few minor flaws here, but they can be easily overlooked. Get this game, and get it immediately.
  93. Nov 11, 2011
    I had to write a review after playing the game and seeing the haters giving scores of zero. It's amazing, it's really a lot of fun, a beautiful huge game. As for the glitches, hardly noticed them and you know what? A game with 100+ hours of amazing content might have a few glitches here and there. I've played a lot smaller games with a lot more glitches that actually interfere withI had to write a review after playing the game and seeing the haters giving scores of zero. It's amazing, it's really a lot of fun, a beautiful huge game. As for the glitches, hardly noticed them and you know what? A game with 100+ hours of amazing content might have a few glitches here and there. I've played a lot smaller games with a lot more glitches that actually interfere with your game play experience, these glitches do not interfere. I'd give it a 9.5 for the glitches but the slider doesn't do that so I'm rounding up to a 10! Expand
  94. Dec 24, 2011
    one of the greatest game of all time keep your BF3 and that other shooter game Skyrim deserved all it awards and then some.
  95. Nov 12, 2011
    Magical is really the best word to describe this game. Sure, the close combat is not that great, but everything else is amazing. They really improved on the magic and I love that. The menu system takes a little time to get used to for those of us who have played Oblivion, but it's so simple once you do. The graphics are astonishing. You can tell they really tried with all the littleMagical is really the best word to describe this game. Sure, the close combat is not that great, but everything else is amazing. They really improved on the magic and I love that. The menu system takes a little time to get used to for those of us who have played Oblivion, but it's so simple once you do. The graphics are astonishing. You can tell they really tried with all the little details. There are some bugs, but what do you expect? Every game has bugs. If you're a fan of RPG's, this game is a must and even if you are not, you should try it. Expand
  96. Nov 12, 2011
    Absolutely amazing! The gameplay shines, the audio will blow your head up and the visuals will make your eyes bloodshot. And this is all in a good way. The story will suck you like a whirlpool and not let go. There is so much to discover, so much to do. You can not just play this game once, otherwise you would be missing out on a lot of things. If you will excuse me, gotta go kill someAbsolutely amazing! The gameplay shines, the audio will blow your head up and the visuals will make your eyes bloodshot. And this is all in a good way. The story will suck you like a whirlpool and not let go. There is so much to discover, so much to do. You can not just play this game once, otherwise you would be missing out on a lot of things. If you will excuse me, gotta go kill some creatures in Skyrim. Expand
  97. Nov 11, 2011
    Everything that Oblivion was, this game has improved upon. This game will suck you in and never spit you out. Hundreds of quests are to be completed in this game. You could buy the game, start it up, and spend dozens of hours not even touching the main story. One of the best RPGs produced, period. The soundtrack is also amazing and really makes it feel like you're in the game. Just go outEverything that Oblivion was, this game has improved upon. This game will suck you in and never spit you out. Hundreds of quests are to be completed in this game. You could buy the game, start it up, and spend dozens of hours not even touching the main story. One of the best RPGs produced, period. The soundtrack is also amazing and really makes it feel like you're in the game. Just go out and buy it already. Expand
  98. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is very similar in mechanics to other Bethesda games like Oblivion and the Fallout series. So if you enjoyed those games, you will enjoy this one. But this game runs on a brand new engine and just looks amazing. This is what video games are about, new and exciting .

I've only played 6 hours of the game so far, but in that time I've never felt like more of a badass. Even a simple retrieve an artifact quest can feel entirely epic. Coming from Oblivion its nice to see the Archery mechanics improved as well as magic getting a significant graphical overhaul. I already had high expectations for this game, but they were exceeded when I actually played it. A lot of game of the year contenders this year, but this is in a whole class of its own. There are good games and there are great games, and then there is Skyrim.
  99. Nov 12, 2011
    I am usually not into RPGs, but Skyrim is special, it does the series justice. The game lets you form your character to your wishes, whether good or evil. The very foundations of your character is personal, there are various races to choose from. It does not feature classes, you level up as you use a specific skill. The graphics are completely astounding. The music is perfect, they reallyI am usually not into RPGs, but Skyrim is special, it does the series justice. The game lets you form your character to your wishes, whether good or evil. The very foundations of your character is personal, there are various races to choose from. It does not feature classes, you level up as you use a specific skill. The graphics are completely astounding. The music is perfect, they really outdid themselves on that part. You'll have no problems spending ridiculous amounts of time in this game. The game is an incredible experience, without a doubt. Expand
  100. Nov 11, 2011
    The best RPG, period. It has the absolute best of everything - storytelling, gameplay, and even the graphics. Do not miss out on this game, even if you have to rip it from somebody's cold, dead hands.
  101. Nov 16, 2011
    One of my top 5 xbox 360 games was Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I think to date I've put in around 200 hours on it, which for me, is nearly unthinkable, the only other games that come close are Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX.
    Skyrim...first of all let me say that I for one have encountered none of the bugs and glitches that have plagued many gamer's experiences, therefore I cannot comment on those. My experience so far has been one of immersion on a scale I havent felt since I first purchased Oblivion all those years ago. The new combat system is a great addition allowing you to duel-wield sword and spell, or for added fun, equip spells to both hands to create a charged super spell :D
    The inventory is admittedly a bit clunky and swapping between magic and a sword/shield combo could have been made easier, but I'm just niggling really.

The size of the game world and the detail that has gone into it really shows that Bethesda still know how to wow their own fans. Textures could be better but for the size of the open world, you shouldnt expect Battlefield here..

Quests are varied and interesting and the return of the various guilds is welcome as they reward you greatly for veering off from the main story arc, which is something other RPG's fail to do.

All in all I can see this taking another of my top 5 xbox 360 game slots. While its still early days, I can see that this is a game that will keep giving. Also, if Bethesda plan DLC along the lines of Oblivion's epic 'Shivering Isles' then its a game that will continue to give, for years to come.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011