8.4

1. Nov 13, 2011
    Along with seminal titles like Bioshock, Fallout 3, and Dark Souls, Skyrim is a game to point to when arguing that games can now be considered an art form. Unlike certain other high-profile franchises, The Elder Scrolls series has not rested on its laurels and the changes and improvements are obvious. The new UI (particularly the perk skill trees) is excellent and makes levelling so muchAlong with seminal titles like Bioshock, Fallout 3, and Dark Souls, Skyrim is a game to point to when arguing that games can now be considered an art form. Unlike certain other high-profile franchises, The Elder Scrolls series has not rested on its laurels and the changes and improvements are obvious. The new UI (particularly the perk skill trees) is excellent and makes levelling so much more exciting and interesitng that the 'add-to-your-stats' style levelling in Oblivion. And addictive? The only reason I'm not playing the game right now is because we have friends round... stupid social life :P Expand
  2. Dec 2, 2011
    My hat is off to Bethesda for releasing a game that is worth my money, nay, worth 10 times my money. It is sad that developers keep taking the playtime down. The standard used to be 10 hours and now games like MW3 offers a measly 5 hours. With Skyrim you will get 500 hours of quality playtime and if that isn't bang for your buck then I don't know what is. In recap, kudos to publishersMy hat is off to Bethesda for releasing a game that is worth my money, nay, worth 10 times my money. It is sad that developers keep taking the playtime down. The standard used to be 10 hours and now games like MW3 offers a measly 5 hours. With Skyrim you will get 500 hours of quality playtime and if that isn't bang for your buck then I don't know what is. In recap, kudos to publishers Bethesda and Rockstar for keeping gaming standards high, and shame on Activision and EA for polluting and diluting good gaming by caring more about their shareholders than their sheepish gamer population. Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2011
    Simply put, this game is a masterpiece of modern gaming. The series has improved immensely from Oblivion in just about every way. The graphics are beautiful, the world massive (as we have come to expect from this series), but the major improvements can be found in gameplay and overall presentation. The combat is revamped and plays better than ever and the world truly feels living andSimply put, this game is a masterpiece of modern gaming. The series has improved immensely from Oblivion in just about every way. The graphics are beautiful, the world massive (as we have come to expect from this series), but the major improvements can be found in gameplay and overall presentation. The combat is revamped and plays better than ever and the world truly feels living and breathing. buy this game. Expand
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    An honest 9 for what it deserves, yes it could Easley be more however, a few graphical issues. Not problems or anything to disrupt your playing experience but I have to say why it doesn't get my "10" score, this is one that I don't feel is "perfect" but very good. Anyway the story I was instantly taken by, and a game to grab your attention like that IS what a game is alllll about! YesAn honest 9 for what it deserves, yes it could Easley be more however, a few graphical issues. Not problems or anything to disrupt your playing experience but I have to say why it doesn't get my "10" score, this is one that I don't feel is "perfect" but very good. Anyway the story I was instantly taken by, and a game to grab your attention like that IS what a game is alllll about! Yes graphics add to it, but like a film it doesn't matter if it's avatar pretty it all comes down to the story. And also why I mention the story it is a lot better then oblivion! Oblivion i was always 50/50 with. Skyrim has no bugs from what I have seen, and tbh if someone experiences one it's going to be something stupid which on a game of this scale is NOT a problem. Lifespan...all matters on your imagination. And while I have scored this high, I can honestly say that an RPG of this size that gets scores of a zero are nothing but trolls! It's like someone watching one episode of lost and reviewing the whole series, it's just stupid not funny and created by morons who have nothing better to do! If you liked oblivion then this IS for you even if you didn't like I said I wasn't too sure about, it could STILL be for you. Great job Bethesda honestly. And talking about trolls and scores what is it with the real critics on metacritic now, there is always a ton of 100 scores on any page.... 10= fan ;) 0= troll O.o you know it but don't wanna show it!! Expand
  5. Dec 18, 2011
    WARNING: SKYRIM MAY IMPAIR OR SCAR YOUR SOCIAL LIFE. MAKE SURE TO PAUSE YOUR GAME AND OPEN YOUR WINDOWS AND ABSORB SOME SUN LIGHT EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.
    I was never much of an RPG guy. My friend let me borrow the fallouts. New Vegas was more my style with the western theme in their. I thought they were amazing, genuine sandbox games. So then he tells me to rent Skyrim. Skyrim is being added to my Christmas gift-list, as should it be for every gamer in the world. The amount of things to do almost become overwhelming, which may be the only "bad"-ish like thing other than a few bugs, which really aren't too bad, and will be patched soon. There is something in it for every one. So just let Skyrim suck you into its world, and know that you have been warned.
  6. Dec 20, 2011
    What can you say about Skyrim? It is an achievement in gaming. It is by far the best game this year. There are some bugs but Bethesda has been quick to work fixes for them. Regardless of these minor shortcomings, this is the best game this year, one of the greatest games of all time. Skyrim represents the next step in gaming, giving you choice to do as you please. In my humble opinion theWhat can you say about Skyrim? It is an achievement in gaming. It is by far the best game this year. There are some bugs but Bethesda has been quick to work fixes for them. Regardless of these minor shortcomings, this is the best game this year, one of the greatest games of all time. Skyrim represents the next step in gaming, giving you choice to do as you please. In my humble opinion the gaming moment of the year is when you realize you have spent 50 hours playing Skyrim, and you have done only side quests. This is what gaming is supposed to be; an engaging story, great graphics, great sound, good controls, and characters you care about. Who has not restarted a quest because Lydia has died? Who hasn't gone holy sh** when you kill a dragon, or get clobbered by a giant 100s of feet in the air? This game has more moments that wow you than moments that are dull. In one sentence Skyrim is the finest game this year, and one of the greatest of all time. Expand
  7. Nov 13, 2011
    Materpiece!
    This game has everything any gamer want:
    Excellent story, graphics, sound and gameplay.
    I dont know who will hate this, but if you hate it, you dont know what a good game is.
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing game. One point off because the menu system took a huge step backwards. Tons of stuff to do, looks great, load times kind of long but not too annoying. Worth it.
  9. Nov 15, 2011
    I am 43 years old and have been playing games since Pong. The first RPG I ever played was The Bard's Tale for the Commodore 64. This game had me playing for hours on end, and at times realizing that the sun was coming up since I played all night. This game was a joy to play, and I have been looking for that same feeling in a game ever since.
    Skyrim has fulfilled that feeling.
    I get
    Skyrim has fulfilled that feeling.
    I get chills when I am trying to sneak past a ghosts in a dungeon. Discovering a new area feels exciting. Opening a chest usually yields something useful or valuable.
    I feel like I am working toward making Skyrim a better place, even when I am not on the main storyline. Anything can happen at any time and usually does.
    I have heard that there are some glitches, and I have had some short pauses from time to time, but this is due to my equipment, not the game.
    Don't tell Bethesda, but they could make more by making half of this game DLC and they could still get 60 bucks for this game. Luckily RPG fans demand more that the average 12yr old playing MW3 where they can get away with cloning a previous release.
    Keep it up Bethesda! Great job.
  10. Nov 15, 2011
    I honestly don't see how this game is getting so many 10/10 ratings. Yes its got amazing depth of exploration and I am enjoying playing it. But at the same time I spend most of my time frustrated with the interface and extremely poor mechanics. You have to weather far too much poor implementation than a modern AAA quality game should provide you.
    Great game for its RPG content, extremely
    Great game for its RPG content, extremely poor implementation, physics, combat mechanics, voice overs, sound, the list goes on. If you enjoy RPGs like I do it is probably worth the purchase, but its really hard to see how everyone is so blind to the problems.
  11. Nov 13, 2011
    100 % pure gaming enjoyment :) Skyrim soars high visually, architecturally, interactively and especially musically; a soundtrack only rivaled by that of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Glitches exist yes, but are oh so far from game breaking. Given Skyrim's competition it will without a doubt make it to the top of GOTY-considerations.
  12. Apr 20, 2012
    Vast world, pretty graphics, nice music, quite interesting story, character development system better than Morrowind and Oblivion. Unfortunately, there is lack of something great, stunning and absorbing. I didn't end even the main quest. It contains also poor main characters, nothing distinctive. If you like sandboxes, you'll enjoy dungeon crawling. Otherwise, better think up purchase.Vast world, pretty graphics, nice music, quite interesting story, character development system better than Morrowind and Oblivion. Unfortunately, there is lack of something great, stunning and absorbing. I didn't end even the main quest. It contains also poor main characters, nothing distinctive. If you like sandboxes, you'll enjoy dungeon crawling. Otherwise, better think up purchase. Nevertheless, Skyrim is better than his older parts of The Elder Scrolls series. Expand
  13. Nov 11, 2011
    I wondered how this would compare with Dark Souls but needn't have worried. Skyrim is excellent. It really is everything Elder Scrolls fans could want. Bethesda have done a great job. The graphics are amazing and so is the story. Do yourself a favour, buy this and Dark Souls today.
  14. Nov 16, 2011
    This is it. This game has it all, its the alpha and omega of RPG'S,and in my book deserves all the praise it can get... Nuff said,i'm of to Skyrim PS : The only thing that seemed to strike me as unusual (at least untill i got very much used to it and delighted later as i got deeper in the world) was the mixed OST from Morrowind and Oblivion,not that there's anything wrong with that :D
  15. Nov 11, 2011
    Spectacular game. Everyhting about it is awesome, after getting my third dragon shout the game got even better. Good job bethesda, keep up the good work and hopefully make a really good DLC for this game because im definitely getting it :)
  16. Nov 13, 2011
    Amazing. A truly incredible experience that every Human Being should be able to enjoy. Goes above and beyond what all other developers have to offer. This isn't a game, this is art.
  17. Nov 12, 2011
    The more I play it, the more I realize that it may just be the greatest game of all time. At first the game seems quite standard, and you may be distracted by some of the poor textures, however after the first few hours the game reveals its immense scale and you are lost forever (in a good way).
  18. Nov 13, 2011
    By far the best RPG out there graphics are incredible the game is limitless allowing the character to explore in depth best game ever play definitely worth the wait!
  19. Nov 22, 2011
    Not bad, really. I was skeptical when reading up on Skyrim in Game Informer and was reading the hype almost literally dripping off the pages. So, on a whim, I rented it from Redbox. Better to spend $2 and try it then $60 and either be stuck with it or have to make an unnecessary trip to GameStop. It got in my blood, and I HAD to buy it later.

Graphics: Not seeing too much of an

Graphics: Not seeing too much of an improvement from Oblivion, but it's still noticeable. I'm enjoying the weather effect and night-time hunting. The water is pretty, as well. Wish I had an o2 sensor or bar or something, as I got caught by surprise in the depths of a large lake. Skins and textures for things are a bit crisper, fire is damn beautiful, and things just feel a bit better. Lighting and shading effects are in full force, as is HDR. Sound: A problem for me. Good sound effects, environment echoes or grass being stepped on; all sounds beautiful. All of a sudden- DRAGON! Now the fun begins, y'know? Roaring, breathing, flying, breathing fire. Sounds damn good. Then we go back into town and I hear the same person. Everyone is the same. Almost. Most middle aged Nords are the same guy, almost all women are the same. There are TEN, 10, X, voice actors for the entire game. Bethesda decided to go the cheap route and use voice altering software to change tone/pitch, but you hear the same damn guy or woman. I myself am a voice actor and I just notice these things. It bothers me to no end.

Gameplay: Combat is both different and the same. Backpedaling while spamming right-trigger is not a viable option due to the slower speed. Dual-wielding spells or spell/weapon combo is new to the series, but you can't help but feel like you're doing the same old song and dance. With swords. But yeah, familiar. AI for melee fighting has been improved. They know how to block for sure, and when they come at you, you know it. Sometimes they seem to get confused though. I've had multiple witches just run directly into me spraying me with fire or ice while I smash their face in with my war-hammer. It's like they're either fleeing from you for dear life or trying to make out with you. I've hardly found a happy medium in the fights. Still kinda annoying to switch to 3rd after seeing your weapon in your face, only to see you're carrying it down and to the side. Not a big deal, but noticeable.

UI: Love the new UI. Who cares if you can't see what you look like-- Does it even matter? You can go to 3rd person and see it! Yeesh. I love the quick menu for swapping from my war-hammer to my bow in a pinch, healing, readying different shouts, everything. The new perks system and way of leveling up simplifies everything and helps you customize your character to more of your liking. If you want to be a crafty sneaky little pickpocket, but need that extra bit to make sure you're fully inconspicuous, there'll be a perk or two you can sink some levels into. It's simple and effective, but makes you really work and practice to become a master.

Overall: Love it. I can say this with complete honesty and if you remove the glamor and glitz from your eyes and see the truth, you'll agree:
    Skyrim is Oblivion with dragons, new world, polished/updated UI, new items, and just as addictive. A good game and fun, but not at all what was hyped. Doesn't mean you can't still enjoy it, just go in with a clear/neutral head. And most importantly, have fun!
  20. Nov 11, 2011
    A beautiful and mystifying game. A true step forward in the series, and a mark of excellence. Small inconsistencies will be fixed with patches soon, but none are game breaking. Unimaginative sequels take note! (MW3) this is how you make a sequel. There are honestly too many high points about this game to list, so just go play it! Special thanks to Chopper79 for completely missing theA beautiful and mystifying game. A true step forward in the series, and a mark of excellence. Small inconsistencies will be fixed with patches soon, but none are game breaking. Unimaginative sequels take note! (MW3) this is how you make a sequel. There are honestly too many high points about this game to list, so just go play it! Special thanks to Chopper79 for completely missing the point, enjoy playing MW3 with the rest of the sheep. Expand
  21. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyrim is a real work of art. I've poured more than 20 hours into it and have barely scratched the surface. Anybody who says that Oblivion is better is just stuck in a nostalgic land. Skyrim offers an RPG experience like no other. Be who you want to be. That's exactly how Bethesda wants you to play it; and play it like that you will, because Bethesda perfected the Western RPG genre withSkyrim is a real work of art. I've poured more than 20 hours into it and have barely scratched the surface. Anybody who says that Oblivion is better is just stuck in a nostalgic land. Skyrim offers an RPG experience like no other. Be who you want to be. That's exactly how Bethesda wants you to play it; and play it like that you will, because Bethesda perfected the Western RPG genre with this chapter in the Elder Scrolls Saga. Dragons, Draugr and Daedra. What more do I have to say? Expand
  22. Nov 11, 2011
    If You liked Oblivion you will love Skyrim, it's everything Oblivion was and improved to near perfection. Hundreds of hours of gameplay with almost infinite things to do. The sound and immersion, the dragons, the magic, the world of Skyrim itself, it's all close to excellence.
    The bugs are still there though, like the animations which are pretty bad and the melee combat that, once again, could be better.

Even for the newcomers in this saga I couldn't recommend any other game to buy this Christmas, none other deserves that much the money you'll pay.
  23. Nov 11, 2011
    I am a fan of multi-player epics like Modern Warfare, Battlefield, and Halo, but I have to say this may be the best game i now own for the 360. It is incredibly detailed and immerses you in a complete movie like experience that doesn't end in 2 hours. All around i have to say that this is a must buy for any owner of any console.
  24. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim lives up to all expectations. The game looks amazing. I find the missions, content and dialogue are far improved from Oblivion and all add up to more immersive gameplay. This feels like a game which has not been rushed but has had care and attention to detail given to it all the way through production. The map itself is huge and I would imagine 100+ hours easily on this game. ForSkyrim lives up to all expectations. The game looks amazing. I find the missions, content and dialogue are far improved from Oblivion and all add up to more immersive gameplay. This feels like a game which has not been rushed but has had care and attention to detail given to it all the way through production. The map itself is huge and I would imagine 100+ hours easily on this game. For £40 that is a bargain. This is definitely going to be my game of the year along Battlefield 3. If you're a gamer this is a must have. No arguments. Expand
  25. Nov 11, 2011
    This has been a complete and total new experience to me. Compared to Oblivion, it feels like next-gen in AI and richness of the gaming world.

While the limitations of the 360 and it's storage medium are showing in some places (low res textures in some places), it really doesnt take anything away from this perfect game.
  26. Nov 13, 2011
    Skyrim is a worthy sequel to oblivion. It takes an already great experience and polishes it to perfection. There are a few bugs here and there, but nothing that can't be fixed with a patch, and certainly nothing that can't be overlooked for the games extremely entertaining game play as well as it's immensely immersing story. Not to mention the infinite number of side quests that will makeSkyrim is a worthy sequel to oblivion. It takes an already great experience and polishes it to perfection. There are a few bugs here and there, but nothing that can't be fixed with a patch, and certainly nothing that can't be overlooked for the games extremely entertaining game play as well as it's immensely immersing story. Not to mention the infinite number of side quests that will make this my go to game for years to come. Expand
  27. Nov 11, 2011
    An incredible game experience that anyone must try at least one time, do it and you never regret it. Excellent work done, Bethesda! One of the most beautiful games of the year.
  28. Nov 11, 2011
    Coming from someone who hated Oblivion,I must say this is one of the best games I've ever played.
    Lets just get this out of the way,YES there are bugs but seriously who cares?! The map is freakin huge what do you expect.
    Now I absolutely hated oblivion,so I was skeptical buying this but i'm glad I bought it now. There is so much to do and see.If this doesn't get GOTY then accuse my french
    There is so much to do and see.If this doesn't get GOTY then accuse my french but you can Suck my balls.
    I could list 101 reasons to buy this game but I have a feeling this review is too long as it is.
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    Just breathtaking! This is everything I have wanted in an RPG from Bethesda! Surely a game to last me to the end of the 360's cycle. Graphics are great for what kind of game this is. So much detail and consideration was taken into consideration when this game was made.
  30. Nov 11, 2011
    This is quite possibly one of the best games I, personally, have ever played. I don't say that lightly. Ever.
    (Although, it should be noted that I also say this about Fallout 3.)
    (Although, it should be noted that I also say this about Fallout 3.)

Over the time between announcement and release, I had my fair share of change in skepticism, especially once the major hype-wagon hit. I couldn't help but feel like I'd get affected by the hype and then be disappointed when I initially played it on release. This was not the case.
    Of course, I see a few bad reviews on this website, but from what I've read (and I did not read all of them), the reviewers that scored it negatively were not fans previous to Skyrim, or even familiar with typical Bethesda RPGs, so perhaps a few did get caught in the hype web. If you are a fan of older TES games, though, or even the current Bethesda generation Fallout series, you shouldn't worry about Skyrim based off these reviews; as long as you are familiar with the gameplay and layout of these games, and you enjoy them for that layout and gameplay, you should enjoy Skyrim.

Graphically, the game is incredibly beautiful. Months, years and decades beyond Oblivion in almost every way, except for maybe character movements. The gameplay has also been improved greatly, mainly spellcasting, to a point where I can hardly believe this is the next game in line after Oblivion and Fallout. Being able to duel wield spells and single handed weapons wasn't even this satisfying in Bioshock 2!
    It should also be noted that 3rd person is even more a viable option than it ever has been, though it still seems primarily a first person game. The only thing so far that I haven't seen much improvement on is the Sword combat. It still feels as though your whacking your opponent with a small plastic spoon instead of a large iron sword.

I haven't gotten far enough in the main story to really score it in any way that would be fair.

The sound is amazing, from everything to walking on cobblestone to the the flapping of giant dragon wings which are a sure sign of a battle to come. There are the occasional "broken record" moments when a certain sound is interrupted repeats a few times. It's nothing game breaking by ANY means, but it is rather noticeable if you use a Turtlebeach headset.

There is no multiplayer which I really see no reason to downscore the game for.

Overall, Skyrim is an incredible improvement over Oblivion and Fallout, so much so that it's hard to believe these were all released to the same console. I can't say enough good things about this game, and I've barely played much at all in comparison to what there is. Don't miss this game, and if you've never played a Bethesda RPG before, at least rent it and give it a try.
  31. Nov 13, 2011
    Definite Game Of The Year in my eyes. Everything that is to be expected from an Elder Scrolls game. Plenty of quests and a decent level cap will have me playing this game for hundreds of hours.
  32. Nov 16, 2011
    First off, haters watch the video " if you hate skyrim, watch this video " on youtube please.This game may be the best game ever. Everything about it is fantastic. Sure, there are some very small bugs, but they don't even matter because everything else is done perfectly. There are no other open world games with this much to do or with this much detail, the graphics are the best than anyFirst off, haters watch the video " if you hate skyrim, watch this video " on youtube please.This game may be the best game ever. Everything about it is fantastic. Sure, there are some very small bugs, but they don't even matter because everything else is done perfectly. There are no other open world games with this much to do or with this much detail, the graphics are the best than any rpg or open world game has ever seen, the game is huge and offers so much to do, and the musical score is fantastic. I understand that people have different opinions and taste, but the haters that have written reviews scoring it 5 or below are either just really imature or ignorant because even if u don't like it, there is nothing horrible about SKYRIm. In fact, there is a video on youtube the hatere must watch its call........" if you hate skyrim, watch this video " check it out please. Expand
  33. Nov 11, 2011
    This game has almost instantly grown to be one of my favorite games I have ever played. This by far is the best game in the series, taking lore, graphics, world, AI, gameplay, quests, characters, you name it to a whole new level. Even as it started it felt far superior to any Bethesda game released so far, the intro level alone had me hooked like a child that has opened up a christmasThis game has almost instantly grown to be one of my favorite games I have ever played. This by far is the best game in the series, taking lore, graphics, world, AI, gameplay, quests, characters, you name it to a whole new level. Even as it started it felt far superior to any Bethesda game released so far, the intro level alone had me hooked like a child that has opened up a christmas gift. Combat this time around has been more versatile and as sleek as ever, everthing feels weighted, magic effects are wonderful and diverse, bows and arrows along with stealth have improved. There are even finishing moves! The world ACTUALLY feels alive this time around, which is fresh change from the crap we got with Oblivion, animals hunt each other, people brawl and work and chat, and every place has a different- exotic feel that I could compare to Morrowind... but done much better even still. There are goodies for old fans as well, Dwemer ruins, Falmer, Sanguine, etc, etc. If you're looking for an Open world RPG to play, this is absolutely THE BEST one on the market, and although it is full of bugs and glitches, the positives outweigh the negatives so much I couldn't just give it a 9/10, it deserves a 10/10. If you like to explore, fight, role play, fantasy, open world, anything of this nature, I would definitely buy it. Expand
  34. Nov 11, 2011
    When I first took my first Elder Scrolls game that I had ever played (Morrowind) and put it into my Xbox, I was forever changed on what the rpg universe could deliver. The gameplay anf the graphics fr the time blew me away. Then, four years later, I bought Oblivion and when I fired my Xbox 360 to play that. I was again mesmerized. The graphcs in Oblivion were just absolutely amazing andWhen I first took my first Elder Scrolls game that I had ever played (Morrowind) and put it into my Xbox, I was forever changed on what the rpg universe could deliver. The gameplay anf the graphics fr the time blew me away. Then, four years later, I bought Oblivion and when I fired my Xbox 360 to play that. I was again mesmerized. The graphcs in Oblivion were just absolutely amazing and the gameplay was nothing I haad ever seen. Now, today when I went to Wal-Mart and bought Skyrim and then put that in my Xbox 360 and loaded the game, well, I was completely blown away. Bethesda has managed to do what no other game company has. Create the perfect rpg. From the incredible visuals to the beautiful gameplay, Skyrim does not dissapoint. I am kind of sad for leaving Oblivion. But when I look at Skyrim, nothing compares. Here is to the long healthy life of the Elder Scrolls and may there be many more! Expand
  35. Nov 13, 2011
    This game makes "fun" and "immersion" feel like a huge understatement. This game is packed, and I mean PACKED full of content that will last months, or even years. When I play this game, I just get sucked into the world of Skyrim and forget all about my actual life. It's just one of those games where if someone asks you to do something in real life, then you say in a second and then nextThis game makes "fun" and "immersion" feel like a huge understatement. This game is packed, and I mean PACKED full of content that will last months, or even years. When I play this game, I just get sucked into the world of Skyrim and forget all about my actual life. It's just one of those games where if someone asks you to do something in real life, then you say in a second and then next thing you know hours later, you're like, "Oh yeah, I forgot." Love this game, 100% beautiful, a few bugs don't ruin anything in this game (not to mention they're pretty hilarious ;) ) Graphics, 10/10 the best, Audio 10/10 VO is phenominal, Gameplay 10/10 sooooooooooo much to do, Lasting appeal 10/10 you can play this game forever and still won't finish every single scrape of questing. Amazing. Expand
  36. Nov 13, 2011
    I had been looking forward to this game for the whole year and it exceeded all of my expectations; although there are many errors that im sure will be patched, the game is brilliant. It has an amazing story and an endless amount of quests which all are very fun. I have heard that some people find the dragon fights irritating but i can't see why, each dragon fight gives you a great sense ofI had been looking forward to this game for the whole year and it exceeded all of my expectations; although there are many errors that im sure will be patched, the game is brilliant. It has an amazing story and an endless amount of quests which all are very fun. I have heard that some people find the dragon fights irritating but i can't see why, each dragon fight gives you a great sense of achievement! Expand
  37. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is phenomenal. Despite some lo-res textures, this game redefines open world, with a good 100+ hours of quality content. Everyone should get this. Best in the series, best this year.
  38. Nov 13, 2011
    Masterpiece, Skyrim is the best game ever made. There is just no flaws that would let this game down in my concept. Congratulations again Bethesda, I just have no more words to describe this game.
  39. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is huge and tremendously beautiful. The surroundings, the horizon, the NPCs, the dungeons, the cities, ALL is fabulous! And this time, the story is really told with efficiency, nothing stops when things occur; that's the stream of life all around that tells us this universe; we assist the lords in their fights, interact with their men, and so on. The disbelief disappears almostThis game is huge and tremendously beautiful. The surroundings, the horizon, the NPCs, the dungeons, the cities, ALL is fabulous! And this time, the story is really told with efficiency, nothing stops when things occur; that's the stream of life all around that tells us this universe; we assist the lords in their fights, interact with their men, and so on. The disbelief disappears almost instantly and we made one with the people of Skyrim. Have no doubt about it, Skyrim is way better than Oblivion! Everything here looks natural, the story is made with stuff of legends and - the point that I truly, I mean truly enjoy high above the rest - the awesome feeling of Morrowind is finaly back! Thanks for this jewel, Bethesda! Expand
  40. Nov 15, 2011
    Any sandbox game that triggers a feelings of exploration, travel and creativity truly deserves a high score. This game is a must buy for all Elderscrolls fans and a should-buy for all RPG lovers.
  41. Nov 16, 2011
    Although there are a few annoyances, it never goes beyond that. They are few and far between and most of the time you're having too much fun to even care about them. As close to perfect as I have seen in a long time. This made me trade in MW3 because there's simply no time to play that other piece of ****
  42. Nov 15, 2011
    without a doubt the best game i have ever played. i've sinked 30 hours into this game in 3 days. i can't get enough of it. the world, the stories the gameplay, everything pulls you in. i don't have any complaints. (the conversations lap over each other sometimes, if not rarely, but this will no doubt be fixed with a patch. and as i said, it happens very rarely.) buy this game. if you'rewithout a doubt the best game i have ever played. i've sinked 30 hours into this game in 3 days. i can't get enough of it. the world, the stories the gameplay, everything pulls you in. i don't have any complaints. (the conversations lap over each other sometimes, if not rarely, but this will no doubt be fixed with a patch. and as i said, it happens very rarely.) buy this game. if you're serious about gaming, get it. if you're not serious about gaming, buy it and walk around picking flowers, making potions and just do whatever you want. this game is for everyone. Expand
  43. Nov 13, 2011
    Excellent game that is huge, rewarding and fun to play. I was surprised at how well written the smallest of side quests are and how even the most mundane looking cave has something interesting going on if you take the time to sneak and listen in on conversations.

Graphics vary from epic outside views to detailed interiors and it all fits together really well, but transitioning from inside to out means loading screens. However, they are not too long and always have some interesting info on them.

Voice acting is excellent and varied while conversations are interesting. It seems everyone has something to say and many of the side quests are found simply by talking to people (and it seems most people need your help).

Crafting is also great fun allowing you to construct and enchant your own weapons and armour and make use of items which you would have just sold.

All in all its a great game. There are some small bugs but nothing game killing.
  44. Nov 11, 2011
    Bethesda has made yet another great game. I was sold when they made fallout 3 and oblivion and they have just wow'd me with adding skyrim. An enthralling storyline, the ability to choose your path in an immense world full of things to do do coupled with superb graphics and powerful score of music will give even the Elder Scrolls noob like myself an amazing experience. With this game, youBethesda has made yet another great game. I was sold when they made fallout 3 and oblivion and they have just wow'd me with adding skyrim. An enthralling storyline, the ability to choose your path in an immense world full of things to do do coupled with superb graphics and powerful score of music will give even the Elder Scrolls noob like myself an amazing experience. With this game, you really get a bang for your buck, as there are so many things to do, and so many places to see. Definitely worthy of game of the year, (or zelda / uncharted) Expand
  45. Nov 13, 2011
    I highly recommend this game. It is very engrossing and intuitive and just plain fantastic. The level of immersion is very good and getting sucked into the world is very easy. The combat is fun and magic is amazing to use. Graphics are really good and overall this game just rocks.
  46. Nov 13, 2011
    Nice game Nice game Nice game Nice game Nice game Nice game Nice game Nice gameNice game Nice game Nice game Nice gameNice game Nice game Nice game Nice gameNice game Nice game Nice game Nice gameNice game Nice game Nice game Nice gameNice game Nice game Nice game Nice gameNice
  47. Nov 13, 2011
    Great game overall, although not flawless, still an amazing programming achievement. The game puts you in the world of Skyrim, a Scandinavian like snowy region. The world is absoluteley huge and open to explore. Great visuals bring Skyrim alive and makes you feel like you're acually in Skyrim. The game is hard to get into though, and people who have never played an Elder Scrolls gameGreat game overall, although not flawless, still an amazing programming achievement. The game puts you in the world of Skyrim, a Scandinavian like snowy region. The world is absoluteley huge and open to explore. Great visuals bring Skyrim alive and makes you feel like you're acually in Skyrim. The game is hard to get into though, and people who have never played an Elder Scrolls game before will find it hard to get used to, even if you've played Oblivion a lot, it will take you some time to get used to the new lay out. But once you understand everything the game makes you his slave. The leveling system is great, letting you pick a new perk (like archery, blocking, etc.) everytime you level up. The game does have some bugs in it, i've had to restart my game about three times so far, and the loading times are horrendous, and the visuals, while still great, aren't the best we've seen on the console. But that's just nitpicking. The game is amazing and a must buy for anyone who has ever enjoyed an RPG. Buy it. Now. Expand
  48. Nov 13, 2011
    One of, if not the best games of the last 10 years. True immersion like you do not experience in most game. I am not one to throw the word epic around but its hard not to describe this game as such. So much fun, so much to do, truly incredible.
  49. Nov 14, 2011
    This is certainly the best game i have ever played, speaking as a person who couldn't stop drooling over oblivion's every aspect and as a lover of sword and sorcery in general, this is nothing short of a gift from the 8 divines (or 9 if your a stormcloak). This is a game that has fixed every quibble i had with oblivion, and somehow improved the parts i thought were perfect (what a fool iThis is certainly the best game i have ever played, speaking as a person who couldn't stop drooling over oblivion's every aspect and as a lover of sword and sorcery in general, this is nothing short of a gift from the 8 divines (or 9 if your a stormcloak). This is a game that has fixed every quibble i had with oblivion, and somehow improved the parts i thought were perfect (what a fool i was). it is balanced, fun, surprising, and my only problem with it is all the sleep and meals i have missed (two days after it's release) in its name. Expand
  50. Nov 16, 2011
    This is 100% the best game have ever played. Its just so long you get great value for money and all the different ways you can do everything and all the collectibles this game will take you months to complete. The combat is very good to giving you satisfaction when you kill something. I don't know how you could give this game less than 10 it is a must have
  51. Nov 16, 2011
    Truly a remarkable experience, the game exceeded my expectations by a long run. The changes that were made between Elder Scrolls IV and Skyrim are really well thought out. From start to finish there are always surprises as you walk through the dynamic environment of the land. Chose your side and fight! I could barely leave once I started playing this game.
  52. Nov 25, 2011
    Simply the best game of the year, is a masterpiece in every sense, history, music, scenery, gameplay, characters, dialogues, an experience that a player can not lose, if you like rpg, action, adventure in short the good games, Skyrim is the right choice, a strong candidate for game of the year.
  53. Dec 16, 2011
    What can I say that hasn't already been said about this amazing piece of art work. This is so much more then a game
  54. Apr 13, 2012
    I'm tired of paying $60.00 to be Bethesda's 'beta' tester. They will not see the halls of 'Sovngard', but the halls of 'Sheol and Shame', for their lack of perseverence, patience, and care. You know, those inherent qualities necessary for any work(s) to be called 'art'. I'm just about done with them! They need to improve their craft! Skyrim? 8.0 and not a penny more. I really want to sayI'm tired of paying $60.00 to be Bethesda's 'beta' tester. They will not see the halls of 'Sovngard', but the halls of 'Sheol and Shame', for their lack of perseverence, patience, and care. You know, those inherent qualities necessary for any work(s) to be called 'art'. I'm just about done with them! They need to improve their craft! Skyrim? 8.0 and not a penny more. I really want to say 6.0, but their willingness to risk new and broader territories (unlike Nintendo) is healthy. Risk and craft can co-exist! Expand
  55. Nov 11, 2011
    I do not blame those who give this a bad rating...i used to hate oblivion with a passion. The gameplay and system just didn't work for me and i didn't understand what Bethesda was trying to do. But eventually a friend convinced me to try it out for a few days and truly get into it...and i finally realized what Bethesda was trying to do. This game is literally an art, and is by far theI do not blame those who give this a bad rating...i used to hate oblivion with a passion. The gameplay and system just didn't work for me and i didn't understand what Bethesda was trying to do. But eventually a friend convinced me to try it out for a few days and truly get into it...and i finally realized what Bethesda was trying to do. This game is literally an art, and is by far the greatest game EVER created. This gameplay is not for everyone, but please do not get on here and say the mechanics and graphics are bad because they are some of the greatest ever, and if you did not realize that the second you put the game into your xbox, then i feel sorry you. If i had only one word to describe Skyrim, that word would be perfection. Expand
  56. Nov 13, 2011
    In two days Ive played 21 hours. This has fixed anything I could have ever imagined to be wrong with a game. Some in the negative section claim bugs and a sloppy PC port but so far I havent seen one single bug on my PC. The vistas are simply amazing and I think the throat of the world takes the cake for the largest whole mountain ever put into any video game. One thing I have noticed isIn two days Ive played 21 hours. This has fixed anything I could have ever imagined to be wrong with a game. Some in the negative section claim bugs and a sloppy PC port but so far I havent seen one single bug on my PC. The vistas are simply amazing and I think the throat of the world takes the cake for the largest whole mountain ever put into any video game. One thing I have noticed is that you level up at about 1 per hour. I think this was intended because when you hit 50 you hit the soft cap and they wanted everyone to get up to or near 50 so that you can spend all yours perks. (50/250 still doesnt seem like enough lol) Simply amazing game and I feel like Christmas has come early this year. Expand
  57. Nov 13, 2011
    Simply put, this decade has been showered by a bunch of RPGs. Some made sense and were beautiful, like Morrowind and Dark Souls, others not too much, like Oblivion. And there was 11.11.11. Believed to be the end of the world. Not for me. It was the start of a revolution in gaming and entertainment. A revolution in media industry, in art. You know those videogames that make you pretendSimply put, this decade has been showered by a bunch of RPGs. Some made sense and were beautiful, like Morrowind and Dark Souls, others not too much, like Oblivion. And there was 11.11.11. Believed to be the end of the world. Not for me. It was the start of a revolution in gaming and entertainment. A revolution in media industry, in art. You know those videogames that make you pretend you're the main character when there's nobody around to make fun of you? Skyrim accomplishes that wonderfully. I often find myself studying the Dragon Language and letting out some shouts just for fun. Why? Because of the joy I experienced when I played TES: V. The first time I played the game, I shed manly tears at the beautiful scenery and how much Bethesda improved after TES: IV released. The character models are now fluid, the facial animations make you see the huge leap from the disastrous mess Oblivion was to this improved version Skyrim provides. The character attack and walk animations were horrid in Oblivion, while Skyrim feels more lifelike and fabulous. Fighting a dragon is so exhilarating and breathtaking, especially about the fact Dovahkiin is similar to dragons. The magic system is really well worked on, and it works really well wielding different spells in each hand, or either hack and slash through bosses while spraying fire at them, or maybe even firing icy spikes from your hand while you defend from your enemy's strikes using a shield. The art style is gorgeous, the amount of different things you can do such as alchemy, enchanting, cooking, blacksmithing, making clothes and armor, killing animals for some game or for some hide makes you spend many hours playing. It's just wonderful how Skyrim executes the most important aspect of a game: content. The awe to experience when you fail to create a potion or the fun to experience when you learn a new spell is incomparable. TES: V makes your outer self change while still hooking you to the beauty of the game. All I have to say is this new, amazing, marvellous RPG deserves a plain 10 as a token of not peace, not kindness or lack of being sincere, but as a well deserved Game of the Year. Skyrim stands out as the best RPG I've played.

Congratulations, Bethesda. Few can accomplish building this beautiful kind of game.
  58. Nov 11, 2011
    This truly is the most beautiful game I have ever seen. A masterpiece and an epic world for you to explore and discover. The is the definitive game for this generation of consoles.
  59. Nov 16, 2011
    All people who hate this game need to stfu they are clearly the minority here. This game in my opinion is one of the best that we have seen in a awhile.
  60. Nov 11, 2011
    GOTY and one of the best games I have ever played. The amount of quality that Bethesda put into this game is amazing. I went into this game with pretty high expectations but I was blown away by how much content was packed into this beautiful game. And its not just how much content but how good and enjoyable the content is. This is one of those games that just don't come along very often.
  61. Nov 11, 2011
    Every game released in the past year has just been a filler. This is the game we all have been waiting so long for. Everything from the previous game has been refined and tuned to make one of the greatest RPG experiences to date. For every one thing Bethesda did right in this game, it did 100 things even righter. Visuals, sound, game play; what can be said about this game that has notEvery game released in the past year has just been a filler. This is the game we all have been waiting so long for. Everything from the previous game has been refined and tuned to make one of the greatest RPG experiences to date. For every one thing Bethesda did right in this game, it did 100 things even righter. Visuals, sound, game play; what can be said about this game that has not already been said? Expand
  62. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is just excellence on all levels, from the gameplay to the soundtrack, i just love it! The story is brilliant and so are the many adventures that await you!
  63. Nov 11, 2011
    The first few hours in, I'm enthralled. The storyline is rich, should you choose to follow it, but the game actually rewards you for actually utilizing its sandbox style regardless. Every area and encounter is different each time you play, and the soundtrack can really get you into the game. Other developers need to step up to this standard now. The renewed engine is great, and even withThe first few hours in, I'm enthralled. The storyline is rich, should you choose to follow it, but the game actually rewards you for actually utilizing its sandbox style regardless. Every area and encounter is different each time you play, and the soundtrack can really get you into the game. Other developers need to step up to this standard now. The renewed engine is great, and even with a PC gaming rig built 2-3 years ago, you can still run on high resolution with great FPS. The game play is solid, and although sometimes melee feels like you're not actually hitting the target, that is more than made up with the improvements to archery and magic use. Overall, this is the best Elder Scrolls game in the series so far, and one of the best RPG genre games of all time. Expand
  64. Nov 11, 2011
    What a great game!! So big, so beautiful, so much fun to play. In my 10 years of gaming, I haven't seen anything like this, Skyrim's world is so well done, full of life, every little detail is accounted for. What I noticed is that you never stop doing quests and they're so much fun to do, that they will eat up your time for at least 1 month! Everything feels perfect, I'm giving this game a 10.
  65. Nov 13, 2011
    perfect game, oblivion rulez !!!!!!!Amazing GOTY. This is better than Oblivion and it is the best RPG i have played, it does have some glitched but those glitched willl be patched soon.fu** glitched.
  66. Nov 11, 2011
    A truly in depth game with amazing graphics and outstanding features. I think this is a must have game, its one that will go down as one of the, if not the, best game of the year. So far I haven't got to far into the game but there has been no glitches and has had a intriguing story line. I really recommend you pick this game up.
  67. Dec 15, 2011
    What can I say, I never played Oblivion or Morrowind and don't really care because this is the best game on any platform that I have ever played and I have played quite a few. This game has shown me that there are still developers who make games for gamers. The endless possibilities of character development, the size of the area to be explored, the beauty of the environments, theWhat can I say, I never played Oblivion or Morrowind and don't really care because this is the best game on any platform that I have ever played and I have played quite a few. This game has shown me that there are still developers who make games for gamers. The endless possibilities of character development, the size of the area to be explored, the beauty of the environments, the unpredictability of what may happen next, the fantastic music, the great story and side stories with various factions and the complete immersion I have experienced in this game is mind blowing. This is a work of art and I just wanna thank Bethesda for making a game that takes up half the storage space on my console than most games but provides a hundred times more fun than 95% of the crap that is churned out these days, don't understand anyone scoring this a zero but hey whatever I'm off to absorb some more dragon souls. Expand
  68. Dec 15, 2011
    if you play just one game this year this is THE GAME you should choose.it's not only epic in scale it's also the game that just keeps giving and giving.from the graphics to the characters the story and everything else this game does its pure class,I'd defiantly recommend it to all gamers.even if your not into role playing games you will be after playing this one.go on you owe it to yourself !
  69. Nov 15, 2011
    I hated Morrowind and never got around to playing Oblivion so this game has been a revelation.

It is simply magnificent. It would be easier to to list my few minor gripes: clunky and immersion-breaking console interface ported to the PC, Dragons seem a bit weak and there's a few CTD/minimizer bugs on the PC. 99% of the time I am just marvelling at the brilliance of this game and

99% of the time I am just marvelling at the brilliance of this game and struggling to stop myself playing through the night.
  70. Nov 12, 2011
    Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Thank You, Bethesda.

Just when you thought that everyone had sold out & everything was plastic... so much substance, depth, & detail...

It shows. *Hats off the artists of the game* Well deserved. Musical score & ambiance? Fantastic.

Well done, Bethesda, employees... well done. *bow*
  71. Nov 13, 2011
    The pinnacle of open world RPG design. This game takes the best of Morrowind and Oblivion, and even earlier games (random quests from Daggerfall, for example) and takes it to an entirely new level. The world is beautifully designed and very interactive.

One of the best games I've played in a long, long time.
  72. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not one to give out high scores for any product, with prices of games going up and the quality of games coming down, Skyrim is that rare gem that comes once a decade.

I've never really played any of the Elder Scrolls, so I'm not familiar with the history, but mucking about Skyrim has given me a very good first impression. Customization is awesome and very well done. The infinite

Customization is awesome and very well done. The infinite choices you could make for what probably amounts to a fraction of screen time. For some hard core enthusiast, it's a must have.

The Game is huge, the puzzles fun, the conversations are not boring and thank goodness I'm not constantly hit upon or worried that a wrong choice could set me along the route of a homosexual relationship with an NPC.

Combat is fun, I enjoy it in the 3rd person more than the first person. Namely because it's mostly melee, and first person views never worked for me when it comes to swords and sorcery.

I've read threads about how Skyrim Graphics are bad. I'm not sure what people's expectations were, but Skyrim is beautiful. The atmosphere and backgrounds are lush and picturesque.

The animations are a fantastic apart from the annoying skating of your character.

The game is free form, so while you're travelling to a quest, there's that little path you spy on your right that leads to some darken woods....(from what i understand a trademark of Elder Scrolls)

Pathfinding for your companions are quite horrendous, which brings me to the bad.

The game is buggy, Boss mobs disappear after a fight and mobs randomly clip into terrain and disappear. I've had some weird lag spikes in the game, in one instance freezing the screen for about 10 to 15 seconds. But otherwise, the game is stable and I've not CTD once.

My companion kept getting stuck, especially if you start exploring up craggy rocks. The AI just can't manoeuvre through rough terrain. At least he catches up with you and doesn't disappear when you move on. Expect to sink a ton of time into this game.

I thoroughly hope Bethesda takes the RPG crown from Bioware. A solid RPG Offering and truly the Game of the Decade.
  73. Nov 12, 2011
    Where Elder Scrolls previously set the bar and got other developers scrambling to give attention to detail to their games and try to measure up, so too will Skyrim. No longer will we gamers accept hastily created content and graphics.. we want more of this! For those whining about a few bugs; get a life you non-contributing zero. Skyrim is simply jaw dropping.
  74. Nov 11, 2011
    It is so impossibly improved from Oblivion.. I knew it was going to be good but I was in awe of the improvements. I look at ES:IV now and can't believe I how amazing I thought it was when I now compared it to Skyrim.
  75. Nov 11, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has by far exceeded my expectations. Personally I am not a fan of the Fallout series and as the press for this game came out it seemed that the game was becoming more like Fallout and less like Oblivion. Happily this is not the case
  76. Nov 15, 2011
    Simply a masterpiece. This game crosses the line of playing a game, into something you feel you are truly experiencing. Best $60 I have ever spent on a video game. The game is just beautiful.
  77. Nov 13, 2011
    I originally thought that this game was one of those stupid JRPG games that have medieval castles with motor cycles and faries, and I don't usually play Medieval style games but I gave Skyrim a try, and I was amazed, and surprised that a game like Skyrim was good. I was playing practically all day, and I couldn't seem to get myself off the game. It is really enjoyable, yes it will onlyI originally thought that this game was one of those stupid JRPG games that have medieval castles with motor cycles and faries, and I don't usually play Medieval style games but I gave Skyrim a try, and I was amazed, and surprised that a game like Skyrim was good. I was playing practically all day, and I couldn't seem to get myself off the game. It is really enjoyable, yes it will only last you roughly two hours if you stick with the main quests. However if you do the side quests there is about 50-60 hours worth of content in this game.

I really love the enchanting the weapons and armor. It allows you to take a special effect from one weapon and apply it to another weapon.

I really recommend Skyrim, even if you haven't played Oblivion before.
  78. Nov 12, 2011
    Don't listen to any of the haters, Skyrim is definitely a worthy entry in the revered Elder Scrolls franchise, and a fantastic game over all. Yeah, the texture issue sucks, but Bethesda is working on it. A lot of these bad reviews are from trolls who live to stir s*** up for laughs. Anyway, on to the review. I've played Elder Scrolls since 2004, and one thing loved about every game wasDon't listen to any of the haters, Skyrim is definitely a worthy entry in the revered Elder Scrolls franchise, and a fantastic game over all. Yeah, the texture issue sucks, but Bethesda is working on it. A lot of these bad reviews are from trolls who live to stir s*** up for laughs. Anyway, on to the review. I've played Elder Scrolls since 2004, and one thing loved about every game was the freedom to do what I want, when I wanted. I'll admit, when I was first given the freedom to freeroam in Skyrim, I felt overwhelmed; the game world feels extremely vast, with sweeping plains and imposing mountains. Bethesda has done an excellent job of making the world feel gigantic. One minor disappointment I do have however is the inability to choose major/minor skills. The ability to level up every ability is nice and fluid, but at the same time it also feels a little messy, because you're unsure of what archtype to play as. Anyway, that's just a minor, personal gripe. One thing I LOVE however is how powerful some of the enemies are. In Morrowind, you could go anywhere, but stray too far and you die quickly. This really made you wanted to increase your skills, and when you finally killed that difficult enemy, you felt bad ass. In Oblivion, this wasn't the case; I rarely died in that game, even on harder difficulties. Skyrim however, taught me a lesson; never bum rush a frost troll at a low level with a weak fire spell.

Another thing I absolutely adore is how they used some of the songs from Morrowind. I loved Morrowind, so having that nostalgia kick in while I explore the countryside is a real treat. The original soundtrack is equally fantastic. In terms of actual gameplay, it really comes down to opinion. The magic is VERY improved over Oblivion, and is a blast to use. The dual-wielding aspect works incredibly well, and gives you a nearly endless variety of ways to play. The spriting mechanic works, but is merely average. Aiming with the bow has also been improved, and no longer feels clunky and slow like in Oblivion; you also move slowly while aiming with the bow now, so you have to think more tactically; no more circling that bear and pelting it with arrows until it falls. I also love the kill animations; they're pretty infrequent, but extremely satisfying when they happen. All in all, Skyrim is a fantastic title that everyone should play, regardless if you haven't played any other elder scrolls. it's a little rough around the edges, but then again, so is Skyrim's terrain. Buy it, play it, love it.
  79. Nov 21, 2011
    alright ive seen alot of trollin on here, how is there repetitve visuals? the landscape is very much varied, everything from frozen tundras, snowy mountains, swamps, forests, and alot of brilliantly made dungeons. i think this game is gonna be game of the year. everything is significantly improved from oblivion.. sure the games buggy, but it doesnt detract from the overall game, i putalright ive seen alot of trollin on here, how is there repetitve visuals? the landscape is very much varied, everything from frozen tundras, snowy mountains, swamps, forests, and alot of brilliantly made dungeons. i think this game is gonna be game of the year. everything is significantly improved from oblivion.. sure the games buggy, but it doesnt detract from the overall game, i put atleast 120 hours and im not bored of it and the game crashed twice.. honestly i dont have any issues with this game at all, its a game that i can actually call a work of art. the graphics are really good, a big upgrade from oblivion, now im not gonna say it has the most intuitive combat system, but it is improved from oblivion. all in all, this is probably the best n the series, most content rich game ive ever had the joy of playing. good job bethesda, you really have outdone yourself haha. worth every nickle and dime for this game. Expand
  80. Nov 13, 2011
    Incredible Rpg game. The graphics and gameplay are absolutely stunning. The plot and environment is awesome. There is a huge epic scale of things to explore. It feels like playing a single player mmorpg. I'm 20 hours in and still haven't scratched the surface because there is so much things to do such as exploring dungeons, crafting, and enchanting. This game draws you in and keeps youIncredible Rpg game. The graphics and gameplay are absolutely stunning. The plot and environment is awesome. There is a huge epic scale of things to explore. It feels like playing a single player mmorpg. I'm 20 hours in and still haven't scratched the surface because there is so much things to do such as exploring dungeons, crafting, and enchanting. This game draws you in and keeps you wanting to play more. Expand
  81. Nov 13, 2011
    this is one of the best games i ever played it is so good in every aspect luckily i havent experienced one glitch yet and have played for 30 hours it has an amazing world to explore its my 2nd favourite rpg game fallout 3 being first and my 4th favourite game of all time (u2 first fallout 3 2nd uncharted 3 3rd) but i will be playing this game forever :)
  82. Nov 30, 2011
    Skyrim is one of the beat games ever to be released,bar none. The best this year no doubt. It literary has hundreds of hours of gameplay, vast sprawling cities, tons of small settlements and an extremely detailed and beautiful wilderness to explore. Though i was disappointed in the "main" story line, to me it just didnt seem as long as oblivion or other previous similar titles. Even thoughSkyrim is one of the beat games ever to be released,bar none. The best this year no doubt. It literary has hundreds of hours of gameplay, vast sprawling cities, tons of small settlements and an extremely detailed and beautiful wilderness to explore. Though i was disappointed in the "main" story line, to me it just didnt seem as long as oblivion or other previous similar titles. Even though the main story quest was short to me afterwards there are still literally tons of things to experience from joining several types of guilds, cave and dungeons to explore. The leveling up system to me was a little confusing to me at first but i grew to love it and i can navigate through the menus on the fly easily. There is so much to do here in the game it is definitely worth the money, i highly recommend it. As for the people who comeon here abd say the game crashes and freezes, well im not calling them liars but im willing to bet their system is going to crap, i havent had one technical issue with this game. I give this a 9.5 out of 10. I hope this helps folks out. Expand
  83. Nov 14, 2011
    Simply the bes game yet from Bethesda, Eclipses Oblivion and out does Fallout 3, A true work of genius and the best game I have ever played.

Great story telling from what i consider to be the best company in gaming right now and this game certainly shows that. It is an absolute must for any serious gamers collection.
  84. Nov 16, 2011
    I purchased Skyrim on launch day, and once I started up the game, there were no load times, no advertisements, no logos besides Bethesda's but a clean interface going straight to the menu screen and new game. Starting and playing the game itself is like living in a fantasy world. The music, sounds, graphics and everything make you feel totally immersed. This game is improved from OblivionI purchased Skyrim on launch day, and once I started up the game, there were no load times, no advertisements, no logos besides Bethesda's but a clean interface going straight to the menu screen and new game. Starting and playing the game itself is like living in a fantasy world. The music, sounds, graphics and everything make you feel totally immersed. This game is improved from Oblivion in every way because there are no game breaking bugs, crashes, graphic, or performance issues, and the ones that they do have are very minor and can be patched. I have played about 35 hours so far and I can say that this game is a masterpiece. I have only been to one city so far and have been doing quests only in that city. I have not even gone through half of the quests yet as I have a long list of things to do, and each quest doesn't feel generic like other RPGs' fetch quests and kill quests. There are 8 more holds in the game, so I know I can expect much more than the 300 hours Bethesda advertised. Overall, I can't even begin to describe what this game offers and how much you can do in it while having so much fun. Expand
  85. Nov 11, 2011
    Simply put, the best game i have ever played. Bethesda outdid themselves once again. I just love to see a company really put this much time and effort into a game. With a project of this magnitude there will be bugs and glitches but as long as they aren't game breaking i actually find them quite amusing. I'll definitely be playing this game for quite some time.
  86. Nov 12, 2011
    This should revolutionize the standard and depth of games. If you want to watch pretty special effects but play a shallow game then get call of duty, but if you want a proper game that you'll get value out of this is the right choice
  87. Nov 12, 2011
    I'm 17 hours into Skyrim, and more than anything, there is only one problem I have with it. The more I play, the better it gets, and the better it gets, the more I play. If you have any respect for Video Games, or Fantasy in general, you need to play this game. It's unquestionably the best game I have ever played - so much depth, an impressive world, that feels very much alive, and some ofI'm 17 hours into Skyrim, and more than anything, there is only one problem I have with it. The more I play, the better it gets, and the better it gets, the more I play. If you have any respect for Video Games, or Fantasy in general, you need to play this game. It's unquestionably the best game I have ever played - so much depth, an impressive world, that feels very much alive, and some of the best combat in a first person RPG to date. Just Play it. It makes full use of the Xbox's limited hardware, and is a truly beautiful game. FUS DOH RAH! Expand
  88. Nov 13, 2011
    Elder scrolls noob but 6 hours in I'm hooked, well worth a go, even if this type of game isn't your norm! Glad I got rid of mw3 for this! The story and quests so far have been interesting and not the usual 'fetch this' dull ones from games past.
  89. Nov 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would rate this game a 9.7, but since I can't, and I felt that giving this game a 9 was way too low, I gave it a 10. This game is outstanding. Although Oblivion was great as well, it did have it's flaws, and I think that Bethesda Game Studios has really made an effort to eliminate these flaws, and they have also added some successful features from Fallout 3. The graphics are the best I've seen in a video game to date. Think about it, what could possibly be better than a game where you can fight dragons, raid caves and dungeons, breathe fire, turn enemies into ice, become invulnerable for a a short period of time so you can jump off cliffs and mountains, and call down a befriended dragon to kill your enemies? This game is definitely worth the £40 ($60) I paid for it. Expand
  90. Nov 13, 2011
    My favourite game, only one problem is that I'm having a bit of trouble with this glitch that causes the first option to be chosen when speaking to anyone, even if I have a different option highlighted.
    However, this game is extraoridinary graphically, the gameplay is smooth and in-depth, and it is very realistic as far as stealing something in plain sight as opposed to stealing something behind closed doors...
    Conversation is excellent, the voice acting is wonderful, and combat is fluid and addicting. I highly reccomend this game to anyone and everyone looking for adventure in Tamriel!
  91. Nov 13, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls series is a massive thing in many peoples lives, sad as it may be it is and it is in my life. On the 11th of November the culmination of 8 months (or so) of long hard wait ended as I dipped into the world of Tamriel for the second time (getting hooked on oblivion) in the province to the north called Skryim. And my god was I overwhelmed.

You start being led to your

You start being led to your execution, this alone shows the power of the graphical engine, and being 'saved' by a dragon. This was the best 'cutscene' I have ever played. From this I went out into a beautifully crafted world with a variety to choose from.

To save your eyes from reading and my fingers from typing I will not list the games huge collection of successes but concentrate on what led me to rate it 9/10.

First off I would have liked to dub it 97/100 but this is how the system works, so here we go. There are a few fundamental flaws in the game, one being texture loading bugs (soon to be patched) and also the overwhelming sense of basically being overwhelmed.

Now to finish off all I can say is this is the GOTY and you should buy it, 100% play it, it is the best in the series and I am sure TES 6 will be mind blowing, just as this is, but there are places (small) that the warm gooey liquid of Skyrim could have filled, though I still don't mind taking a swig of it.
  92. Nov 13, 2011
    Aside from an occasional glitch and game freeze (understandable for a game this size; future title updates should fix remaining issues) Skyrim soars in every area it attempts: combat, story & side quests, loot, and exploration of a breathtaking world. If I must find a complaint I would say more tutorials for understanding the various professions- alchemy, enchanting, etc.
  93. Nov 13, 2011
    I absolutely love every aspect of this beautiful, entrancing masterpiece of a game. Sure there are things that Oblivion or Morrowind may have done better, and there are bugs here and there, but they don't get in the way of the rich story, addictive exploration, combat, great side quests, amazing detailed high-definition graphics, and excitement in every hour I play this game. AnotherI absolutely love every aspect of this beautiful, entrancing masterpiece of a game. Sure there are things that Oblivion or Morrowind may have done better, and there are bugs here and there, but they don't get in the way of the rich story, addictive exploration, combat, great side quests, amazing detailed high-definition graphics, and excitement in every hour I play this game. Another great thing is that you don't need to have played the previous games to understand the story, since it takes place 200 years after any of the events of Oblivion. Go buy this game immediately, it contains one of the best experiences with a game that I've had in a long time. Expand
  94. Nov 13, 2011
    Skyrim is one of those games that people are going to either **** and complain about endlessly, or proclaim to be flawless and without error. It is neither of those.
    The bad:
    Visually; the lighting can make certain things hard to see at times, the text is too small(especially on a standard def TV, some of it being unreadable), there are quite a few low res textures and pop-ins.
    The bad:
    Gameplay; The controls can feel a bit clunky at times, and you may find yourself missing every other power attack. The implementation of dual wielding weapons, while cool, doesn't always work well. Arrows, just like in Oblivion, feel far too weak to be used for anything but stealth. Most enemies are too easy, with the occasional creature that pops out of nowhere and kills you in two hits. Spellmaking has been removed from the game, and there isn't much variety in the spells that are left.
    The good:
    Visuals; this game is absolutely beautiful. The draw distance they have achieved is incredible, and the attention to detail of the world is insane. You'll see a lot of people comparing the visuals to Fallout 3, but they are infinitely superior. All of the interiors, caves, mines, etc, are done by hand. All of the exteriors have more foliage and feel more alive. The water flows realistically, like it has a destination, and is close to perfect. Despite the fact that some of the textures don't look so great up close, walking through the world of this game is more immersive than Oblivion, and on par with Morrowind. Gameplay; Everything is overhauled. Everything is better. The combat feels like you're hitting a creature with your sword, instead of swinging it mindlessly through the air. Shield bashing adds some much needed strategy into the blocking system. Spells, though they have less variety, are much more useful, and playing a character that tows the line between two specialties is much easier. The leveling system is much better than Oblivion, and doesn't force you to plan out your character before you even start the game. Items are more expensive, alchemy is more difficult, and to become a powerful character you really have to explore. Everything about Skyrim is improved over Oblivion other than the spellmaking system.
    Bottom line: Skyrim is not a perfect game, but it is so much more than the sum of its parts. It does nothing perfectly, but does everything better than most other games released today. Bethesda took the best parts of Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3, and made a game that may surpass all of them.
    I give this game a 9 because it needs to be patched. Once that has happened, it will truly be everything Elder Scrolls fans could have hoped for, and maybe a lot more.
  95. Nov 13, 2011
    Yet another amazing game from an amazing publisher. Worth every single penny spent on the game. Fantastic visual experience, character development, NPC personalization, quests. Everything is amazing.
  96. Nov 13, 2011
    Only 12 hours in, but so far I haven't seen any glitches. I love the new menu layouts and all the extra interactivity they added. This game is way to addicting, I'm scared but I think I'm in love.
  97. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is breathtaking. As a long time fan of the Elder Scrolls series, I was not disappointed by Skyrim. Everything in this game is SUPERB; graphics, sound, gameplay, and story. The most impressive part of the game is the amount of detail that the developers have managed to put into this game. I have played this game nonstop since the release, and i'm loving every minute of it. ThisThis game is breathtaking. As a long time fan of the Elder Scrolls series, I was not disappointed by Skyrim. Everything in this game is SUPERB; graphics, sound, gameplay, and story. The most impressive part of the game is the amount of detail that the developers have managed to put into this game. I have played this game nonstop since the release, and i'm loving every minute of it. This game is GOTY material. Expand
  98. Nov 14, 2011
    It doesnt get much better than this. This is a Bethesda style RPG at its finest. The story is very interesting. the characters are likable, and the sound is amazing. I've had the game for 3 days and already have 26 hours logged and im not even close to finishing the main quest. Worth $60. All the way
    This is the only game coming out this month that deserves a 10
  99. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm going to write the things that come to my mind... This game is simply amazing! The most ambitious game of bethesda and the most captivating one too. When I started playing I didn't knew what to expect but after many hours of gameplay I just wanted to keep playing and keep exploring the beautiful lands of Skyrim. The character creation is simplified for good and for bad too. You chooseI'm going to write the things that come to my mind... This game is simply amazing! The most ambitious game of bethesda and the most captivating one too. When I started playing I didn't knew what to expect but after many hours of gameplay I just wanted to keep playing and keep exploring the beautiful lands of Skyrim. The character creation is simplified for good and for bad too. You choose sex and race and that's all. Start playing. After some minutes you start building your "role" by using some skills (magic, one handed, heavy armor, etc.) The good thing about this is that if you want to change from a sneaky char to a aggressive mage you are going to spend some time building the new role, just keep using the skills and in some time you can be a sneaky aggressive mage. How beauty is that?. The shouts (dragon type powers) are amazing and very fun to use. The companion system is good but some times my companions sucks. The music and the sounds are superb, the dialogue is amazing. The world feels alive (I love to watch how the salmon swims against the waterfalls), the dungeons are very well crafted. The story is very deep and the main quests, the side quests, the miscellaneous quests and the subquests are well crafted and very inmersive. This is for sure a GOTY contender. Try this game, you deserve it. Expand

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011