8.4

1. Jun 6, 2015
    Basically Fallout 3 in a fantasy Elder Scrolls world. Boring story, Uninteresting characters (NPCs) and poor combat. Still a massive open world with lots stuff to do. The thing that saves the is modding without mods this is totally an uninteresting game to play. Nowhere near Morrowwind
  2. Nov 30, 2015
    I can't believe how much people LOVE this game. It was a broken mess one of the first things I saw was a mammoth falling from the sky. Then my friend came over to help me with the game and showed me how to glitch up a mountain and how to open a chest out of thin air.
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    Simply put, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has raised the bar in the RPG genre, offering a plethora of engaging and unique content in one of the most immersive and beautiful game worlds ever created. Plus, any game that uses the word
  4. Feb 14, 2012
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a magical, overwhelmingly beautiful and engaging gaming experience with some beautiful graphics and a masterpiece soundtrack, let down by some frustrating glitches and bugs. A player can easily put 40+hours into exploration of the world without making much progress in the true 'story' which relates to the return of dragons to the province of Skyrim. There areThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a magical, overwhelmingly beautiful and engaging gaming experience with some beautiful graphics and a masterpiece soundtrack, let down by some frustrating glitches and bugs. A player can easily put 40+hours into exploration of the world without making much progress in the true 'story' which relates to the return of dragons to the province of Skyrim. There are numerous caves, bandit camps, towns and holds (the larger towns) to visit with an exhaustive array of quests to complete and plentiful loot to collect along the way. The levelling system is very well executed and encourages a player to concentrate on one part at a time - ie levelling up conjuration or heavy armour or smithing. Although I have yet to complete the story, I have travelled to every corner of Skyrim (and beyond...) and feel it is time to review. Whilst it will find a place in my heart to be one of my top 5 favourite games ever, there are some minor issues with bugs and glitches, although hopefully with time these will be ironed out. It should be noted that I had never played an Elder Scrolls game before Skyrim, but that didn't prevent me thoroughly enjoying almost every minute of it. Expand
  5. Jun 14, 2015
    Music 10/10 Beautiful, magical, perfectly evolves with the gameplay
    Voice acting 2/10 Awful. Voices don't match the era and style of the game. Conversations sound clunky and unnatural.
    Visuals 9/10 Stunning. Epic landscapes and buildings. People and creatures have lots of attention to detail. Script and story line 5/10 Corny and unoriginal. Not helped by terrible character interaction
    Music 10/10 Beautiful, magical, perfectly evolves with the gameplay
    Script and story line 5/10 Corny and unoriginal. Not helped by terrible character interaction mechanics.
    Weapons and armour 9/10 Huge variety and customisation. Great design and animations.
    Combat 8/10 Varied and exciting. Although the menu system is fiddly.
    Free form play 8/10 Loads of exploration and random world events to keep a wanderer on the road.
  6. Feb 9, 2012
    This game was made with obvious passion. I've never had so much fun sneaking and poking about a world. I don't think it would be possible to make the game better with the current technology.
  7. Mar 18, 2012
    Skyrim was a game I couldn't wait to own. A departure from my staple diet of COD which has left me seeking a new experience & this certainly achieves that. I liked the freedom given to the gamer in Red Dead Redemption which was pure escapism and this does that even more so. Think World of Warcraft for grown ups!
    Skyrim is a beautifully crafted & textured game on so many levels. The
    Skyrim is a beautifully crafted & textured game on so many levels. The intricacy & detail is nothing short of stunning. Little wonder you can immerse yourself for hours in its gorgeous world. From meadows with butterflies to snowy, blizzardy wastes. From castle to vampire's lair. Fabulous changing light & weather all add to the atmospherics here. A rich spectrum of creatures that will happily rip you limb from limb and a powerful array of weaponry & magic to learn & deploy at every opportunity.
    One of the strengths of the game is that it is very lateral & not so linear. Anywhere you can see, you can go. You are not tied to missions, you can roam freely (often at your peril) and it is this kind of exploration that keeps the game fresh and fascinating.
    I cannot really think of anything to criticise about Skyrim and you are guaranteed to have a blast. Ps. - the dragons are spectacular and at times appear out of nowhere to scare the hell out of you.
    Best played at night in the dark!
  8. Dec 4, 2012
    It's a game that you will absolutely lose the time on. I played it for about 8 hours and only felt like 1. It's goddamn great. Graphics, voice acting, story. It's got it all
  9. Nov 17, 2011
    this game is an absolute masterpiece, the most complete game ive ever played. It engrosses you at every level and constantly leaves you breathless. Its not perfect in terms of bugs and glitches, but to be honest, playing on the 360, they dont hinder the experience nearly at all. Ive noticed a lot of complaints that clearly have to do with the PC version on 360 user reviews, please bethis game is an absolute masterpiece, the most complete game ive ever played. It engrosses you at every level and constantly leaves you breathless. Its not perfect in terms of bugs and glitches, but to be honest, playing on the 360, they dont hinder the experience nearly at all. Ive noticed a lot of complaints that clearly have to do with the PC version on 360 user reviews, please be careful, because skyrim has been flawless on my 360 and it doesnt deserve to get its score dragged down by people playing on a different system Expand
  10. Sep 20, 2012
    The best Bethesda game I've ever played. I even ended up completing the main storyline and being how I didn't get far into Oblivion and Fallout 3 before I called it quits that's quite the compliment. The "immersion" of these games isn't quite there yet, but there is improvement little by little as each one of these games gets released. Skyrim was still way too repetitive. The greatestThe best Bethesda game I've ever played. I even ended up completing the main storyline and being how I didn't get far into Oblivion and Fallout 3 before I called it quits that's quite the compliment. The "immersion" of these games isn't quite there yet, but there is improvement little by little as each one of these games gets released. Skyrim was still way too repetitive. The greatest aspect of this game was the soundtrack. Beautiful stuff. Expand
  11. Jun 3, 2016
    Ok. Now that the hype has stopped, here I am 5 years later after finishing all DLC’s and the game ifselt 3 times.
    Yeah, I have a ton of hours put into this game, and I’m not even an rpg fan.
    I have played nearly 1000 games at the seventh generation, I’m not kidding, and I play since Atari. I’m 30 years old. Of course i haven’t finished all these 1000 games, I have plenty to play
    Yeah, I have a ton of hours put into this game, and I’m not even an rpg fan.

Of course i haven’t finished all these 1000 games, I have plenty to play yet, Dust, deadlight, mark of the ninja, hitman absolution, stacking, bastion etc and etc…, but, I can obviously say, after 5 years, away from any hype, something that I already stated right at the first 10 minutes of gameplay!

Skyrim is one of the best games ever made! I played Dark Souls franchise, many dark souls fans complains on skyrim as garbage, and I as a fan of both games have to say: I even have more hours spent in Dark Souls than in Skyrim simply because Dark Souls demands more exploration to understand its ties and plot, but c’mon! Skyrim is not just a game, is a total scream of pure art and vitality in the industry! Despite all the flaws, bugs, despite all that, that soundtrack is unmatchable and can be considered quite possibly the best OST to ever grace a videogame, it has the power of the god of war soundtrack with the celtic movements from zelda, it has that medieval pace that makes us wonder at the old nordic deities like Odin and Thor! THAT IS HOW POWERFUL the soundtrack is and the soundtrack alone is a fenomenal achievement at the finest quality music can ever get in the world.

Gameplay lacks depth, mainly because it is third person strange system, while in first person you also have the feeling of being flying around the floor, but it remembers me of myst series. Hell, I LOVED MYST SERIES!!!

The graphics are tremendous! While not the most realistic or the most circular wheel (yeah, there are a lot of polygons on the “wheels” and anti-aliasing effect is not the best out there) but it is by far one of the best looking game ever even today in 2016 with xones e ps4’s around… Skyrim has the type of graphics that will aways amaze us, no matter how old it gets, is like Ocarina of time, it is like chrono trigger or final fantasy 10, it is like Mario games, the graphics art style is everything in this game.

The story though is forgettable, but even the plot has its moments, c’mon babe, you are the f@cking dragonborn! That doesn’t need a story, that game is telling YOU THAT YOU HAVE A **** DRAGON SOUL AND YOU ARE GONNA KILL THE BAD DRAGONS THAT WANTS THE WORLD TO END!

How that does sound to you? Huh? Tell me?

I play videogames since I was 4 years old, I started with Atari, I had master system, NES, SNES, genesis, neo geo, ps1, ps2, N64, I played in pc,
    and yes, Half Life 2 is my favorite pc game of all time, and it is in my top 10. Well, I still have my 360 and I still play skyrim sometimes, even after 5 years…

Now I am playing Dark Should 3, and while this is probably the best game in this year (2016), because that is how I feel about these year titles, I still have the felling of game of decade when thinking about Skyrim!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is not only BY FAR the best of the very competitive 7th console generation (Portal 2, Batman AC, Uncharted, Gears of War, Modern Warfare etc etc etc…) Skyrim is one of the best games ever made! It tops Mario, it tops Castlevania SOTN, it tops any FF, it tops Chrono saga, Skyrim is in the same level as the old marios and zeldas, I am absolutely sure that Bethesda probably will never ever make an Elder Scrolls like these, except if a Skyrim continuation would come out, bringing at least the same things we just saw at this phenomenal masterpiece.
  12. Mar 9, 2012
    I'm writing this review pretty late and you have probably made up your mind about the game so I will just share a spoiler free experience with you that convinced me that this game was well worth the money and definitly with my time.

I'm a level 3 Nord and about 3 quests into the game when this happens. I walk into a village and a strange shadow passes over me. I look around and up

I'm a level 3 Nord and about 3 quests into the game when this happens.

I walk into a village and a strange shadow passes over me. I look around and up into the sky to see nothing. Then the village police draw there bows for no apparent reason. They run behind one of the houses and then you hear it. The dragon roars, and then it gets epic.
    I switch from my sword to my bow and sprint around the house to get my first glimpse of a dragon just toasting these villagers with his breath and I put two arrows in him. He then shoots up into the sky and circles around me.
    The villagers are in a panic and I find myself a soldier among soldiers protecting a town I'm only just discovering from a truly awe inspiring danger. Two minutes and 10 well placed arrows later the dragon plunges to the ground with a crash of dirt and rock and deteriorates in front of my eyes. And I feel like I could conquer the world.
    This wasn't scripted either. These things happen randomly and the number of dragons in the world is infinite.
    It will suck your life away as any Elder Scrolls game worth it's name will but the difference between Oblivion and this is huge. This is one of the best games I have ever played on the Xbox 360 and maybe ever. Check it out if you have the time.
  13. Jan 13, 2013
    if you dont own it get it. just so nice to wander around in and most of what you can see you can get to and explore. load times when opening a door or quick travel can be long but all is forgiven for just such a great game
  14. Apr 19, 2012
    Skyrim: straight to the point it is a good game, you can spend a lot of time just exploring and filling in minor and unrelated quests. However after a 200+ hours it can get a little repetitive and lose its lustre even if you have played a couple of different characters and taken different paths.

That said it is a solid game that is easy to get into and enjoy, while your character does not have a true overall impact on the game world outcomes apart from the main quests there are moments which make you smile. There are some detractions but this is to be expected with a game of this size, glitches are many and annoying at times. The game engine has notable memory lag/leak problems if you enable all auto saves and have too many save files (which can grow to enormous sizes). Load times are just plain embarrassing and get worse as you progress. The so called witty humour deployed by developers at every turn may not seem apparent and will fly over heads of those who have not played the previous elder scrolls games â
  15. Feb 12, 2013
    I will be honest, I began to really hate this game at first. The reason why is the first time I played it, I couldn't complete 1 quest because the 1st enemies were frustratingly hard. I do a simple trick to level up my character, but I still get killed more times than a Call of Duty game. Also, I really hated that friggin' Loading Screen. It takes forever, even when I'm killed all the timeI will be honest, I began to really hate this game at first. The reason why is the first time I played it, I couldn't complete 1 quest because the 1st enemies were frustratingly hard. I do a simple trick to level up my character, but I still get killed more times than a Call of Duty game. Also, I really hated that friggin' Loading Screen. It takes forever, even when I'm killed all the time it takes me back to the Loading Screen. I was seriously about to get my money back....that is till I noticed that there is a Difficulty Setting, I never knew there would be one in a game like this. So I changed it, and now I finally got through the game much better. All I can say is THANK GOD I didn't return it! After completing multiple Quest's and powered up my characters armor and weapons, I became so addicted to the game for hours. The Quest's is great, the Side Quest's are great, the Design is great, the RPG Experience is great, the multiple character classes and stories were great.....everything is absolutely perfect in this game. The only thing that still pisses me off is the Loading Screen. I can understand that it's an Open-World RPG, and the game is HUGE! But still, the loading screen takes forever. Aside from that, this game is absolutely recommendable. If you never played this game yet, GET IT! Just be sure to change the Difficulty Setting just in case you get frustrated like I did. I'm glad I played it and looking forward to play more of it. Expand
  16. Apr 9, 2012
    Outstanding, a game you can and will spend hundreds of hours playing, and you can play it any way you want to, first or third person, do you go in stealthily or head first hacking and slashing, do you fight with a mace in one hand and shooting fire out of the other or do you choose the classic sword and shield approach, you can also choose your race and appearance, the leveling up systemOutstanding, a game you can and will spend hundreds of hours playing, and you can play it any way you want to, first or third person, do you go in stealthily or head first hacking and slashing, do you fight with a mace in one hand and shooting fire out of the other or do you choose the classic sword and shield approach, you can also choose your race and appearance, the leveling up system is fantastic, skills increase as you use them, focus on archery and your skill with it will increase, pick a lock and you get better at doing so, and it's just so much fun to play, it's easy to fall into the just one more quest trap because there are just so many of them, seriously almost every character in the game will give you one, this game also has what I personally believe is the biggest open world of all time that's jammed pack with content, and unlike most other open world RPG's this world feels truly alive and is a blast to explore, this game does have some flaws however, it's got quite a few bugs and glitches, the main quest is kind of short I completed it in a little under 17 hours and that was with me completing side quests, exploring, and just goofing around, and it has a kind of disappointing ending, but it's fun and after you complete the main quest you get to keep playing basically forever to complete all the side quests and just have fun, and when I first bought it (the day after it came out) the graphics sucked, but with all the updates from Xbox Live it looks good now, but if your not connected to Xbox Live you'll be playing an ugly game, it doesn't hinder your enjoyment of it, and it may have just been my copy but it's something to consider, but even with it's flaws this is still an outstanding and fun experience that you'll lose yourself in for several days, realize that you've played nonstop for days, grab a snack and jump right back into it for several days more, your truly getting more than your moneys worth, so go out and buy this, you wont be disappointed. Expand
  17. Jan 9, 2013
    Why does this game get a 10 from me? Well to make a long review short; it has everything I want in a game. Great story, versatile gameplay, freedom of choice, doesn't get easily bored and so much more. I have yet to play a game that gives me the same exiting feeling every time I play it, especially after the amount of hour's I have played it (at least 300 hours). I only have it on theWhy does this game get a 10 from me? Well to make a long review short; it has everything I want in a game. Great story, versatile gameplay, freedom of choice, doesn't get easily bored and so much more. I have yet to play a game that gives me the same exiting feeling every time I play it, especially after the amount of hour's I have played it (at least 300 hours). I only have it on the xbox, but I'm planing to buy it for my pc as well. My sister say's it's a lot better there, especially when it comes to graphics. Expand
  18. X11
    Feb 21, 2012
    Do I even need to say anything about this game? No. Nope I don't think so. Attempting to put it into words would be foolish, foolish I say. Ehem. 10/10.
  19. Mar 7, 2012
    The black man is not your enemy. The Muslim is not your enemy. The Iranian is not your enemy. If the TV or movies tells you that someone is bad, think twice. Countries in 2010 that do not have a Jew controlled central bank were Sudan, Cuba, North Korea, Libya and Iran. Countries in 2012 that do not have a Jew controlled central bank are Sudan, Cuba, North Korea and Iran. Who is next? AllThe black man is not your enemy. The Muslim is not your enemy. The Iranian is not your enemy. If the TV or movies tells you that someone is bad, think twice. Countries in 2010 that do not have a Jew controlled central bank were Sudan, Cuba, North Korea, Libya and Iran. Countries in 2012 that do not have a Jew controlled central bank are Sudan, Cuba, North Korea and Iran. Who is next? All races must unite to pull the leech from our skin. Divided we will fall. Expand
  20. Mar 6, 2012
    WOW! This game rocks! I fell in love with Oblivion and Skyrim blows this away. When I first started playing bit I wasn't sure I would like it because of the stark landscape. Once I adjusted my XBOX settings to the xxy... etc. the graphics popped. The gameplay is top notch though! I am waiting for a Steam deal and I will buy it for my Alienware as well. I think you could play it 8 or 10WOW! This game rocks! I fell in love with Oblivion and Skyrim blows this away. When I first started playing bit I wasn't sure I would like it because of the stark landscape. Once I adjusted my XBOX settings to the xxy... etc. the graphics popped. The gameplay is top notch though! I am waiting for a Steam deal and I will buy it for my Alienware as well. I think you could play it 8 or 10 times with a new experience. Bethesda is one of the greatest game comnpanies of all time. I hope they never lose their identity or style. This is a must buy for any RPG fan. Expand
  21. Jun 20, 2012
    This game is great, in almost every aspects. One negative point of the game is the nearly-dull-and-generic character, we can hardly find any noticeable character with memorable characteristics. But overall, if you are RPG fans, this is the MUST-HAVE game. Pay attention a little to your health since this game can force you stuck in it for endless hour without resting!
  22. Mar 28, 2012
    This is the first Bethesda game that I have played all the way through and I must say that I believe this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship! The scale of this game is mind blowing! 100 hours in and I STILL have not completed a multiple factions. While the graphics are a little rough sometimes, none of that matters as you find yourself more concerned with your character and othersThis is the first Bethesda game that I have played all the way through and I must say that I believe this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship! The scale of this game is mind blowing! 100 hours in and I STILL have not completed a multiple factions. While the graphics are a little rough sometimes, none of that matters as you find yourself more concerned with your character and others that roam the world of Skyrim. It is no surprise that this won Game of the Year. It is OFFICIALLY THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. Expand
  23. Jul 31, 2012
    Bethesda really know how to make games don't they? A fantastic masterpiece of art that I firmly believe will last through generations. To get the negatives out of the way, my only complaint is that the story does not feel as personal as Oblivion, and I can relate to the characters and the world better in Oblivion than Skyrim. Nevertheless, the blindingly beautiful visuals, the brilliantBethesda really know how to make games don't they? A fantastic masterpiece of art that I firmly believe will last through generations. To get the negatives out of the way, my only complaint is that the story does not feel as personal as Oblivion, and I can relate to the characters and the world better in Oblivion than Skyrim. Nevertheless, the blindingly beautiful visuals, the brilliant combat system that allows epic battles to take place, and the interesting quests make this game a milestone in modern gaming. Expand
  24. Oct 30, 2013
    The fifth entry in The Elder Scrolls, Skyrim, is far from perfect but it is impossible not to award a game with such epic ambition at least nine out of ten.

Anyone that has played any of the previous entries in the series, or either of the most recent Fallout games for that matter, will know what to expect. This time around however things have been taken to a whole other level with a free to explore game world of caverns, fortresses and villages full of all manner of creatures and secrets. It is quite possible to play for hours and end up with more quests on the 'to do' list than when you started.
    Combat, while still a long way behind the best in the action genre has also been improved with players free to use swords, axes, bows as well as a whole host of different types of magic. The much hyped Dragon battles make very good use of these different options even if they do become a little repetitive when faced with the twentieth almost identical winged beast (although they never become as dull as the Oblivion gates from the previous entry in the series).

Yes the game is full of bugs, none game breaking that I encountered, and the loading times between some areas are still too long but any faults are easy to ignore when immersed in arguably the most complete fantasy world in video game history.
  25. Feb 7, 2012
    Yes the game has its flaws, humans have their flaws everything does. But those flaws do nothing to affect this game. Know this, this isn't a game because what it does to you is unlike any game or movie. Skyrim is in a category of its own. It is hands down the best not only game, but adventure and experience you can live in your life. It will absolutely blow you away, if you ever caredYes the game has its flaws, humans have their flaws everything does. But those flaws do nothing to affect this game. Know this, this isn't a game because what it does to you is unlike any game or movie. Skyrim is in a category of its own. It is hands down the best not only game, but adventure and experience you can live in your life. It will absolutely blow you away, if you ever cared about being happy, dreamed of a different world, escaping reality into a realm of your own, this is the closest thing to being in the Matrix. Ii will absorb you, it will change you and it will please your every sense. The immersion factor is truly incredible, no medium can take you to another world as much a gaming machine with this software running. A parallel universe you will never want to return from. An absolute gem and must play for everyone. Perfect 10/10 Expand
  26. Feb 26, 2012
    Full disclosure....I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan so my review may be unintentionally biased. I'm also a big fan of open world RPGs. Again, Bethesda succeeded in making a great RPG. I like the combat, the graphics, the world, character customation, weapon and armor crafting, the dragons and most of the quests (yes, some are boring but most are fun).
    What I didn't like: I always play a
    What I didn't like: I always play a stealthy character first play through because they are my favorite. So the Dark Brotherhood and the Theives Guild were always my favorite guilds. Unfortunately, I was disappointed in the DB quests compared to the DB quests in Oblivion (the party treasure hunt DB quest was one of my faves!). Also, I missed some of the skills they removed from the game. But...I had a blast playing the game and will probably play it through many times with different characters. It has pretty a good replay ability.
  27. Feb 11, 2012
    Skyrim has its bugs, as do many other games with such an open-ended space to control; but don't let the minor glitches or graphic fowl-ups disengage you. The Elder Scrolls V is what many people have called it, "one of the greatest games ever created", because it basically outdid its predecessor, Oblivion, by a long shot. 300+ hours of gameplay, quests after quests after quests to concur,Skyrim has its bugs, as do many other games with such an open-ended space to control; but don't let the minor glitches or graphic fowl-ups disengage you. The Elder Scrolls V is what many people have called it, "one of the greatest games ever created", because it basically outdid its predecessor, Oblivion, by a long shot. 300+ hours of gameplay, quests after quests after quests to concur, many dragons to slay, people to meet, and things to see; if you fail to see the epicness of this title I feel sorry for you. Consider it the "Return of the King" of the series. But one thing will always distract me, which is, how will the team behind it top this? Expand
  28. Jan 17, 2012
    There is no other game out there which even comes close to the true scale of Skyrim. A fantastic fantasy world bursting with so much to do it will take you months to complete. The whole game world feels alive with activity. A new quest being found at every new location, which this game certainly does not lack. Hundreds of items to collect and unique artifacts to discover which almostThere is no other game out there which even comes close to the true scale of Skyrim. A fantastic fantasy world bursting with so much to do it will take you months to complete. The whole game world feels alive with activity. A new quest being found at every new location, which this game certainly does not lack. Hundreds of items to collect and unique artifacts to discover which almost always leads to something better to find. The main storyline defines fantasy epic setting you on a path which is common with the Elder Scrolls, involving yet again you saving all of Tamriel. Skyrim its self is a pleasure to explore with the games amazing graphics which is great for a game of this scale. Yes there are some niggles on the edges but these are bound to be fixed in no time at all. So this may not be the best game ever created, but it sure is one of the best. The only way to find out is to experience Skyrim for yourself. Expand
  29. Jan 19, 2012
    The Elder Scrolls v: skyrim is the best ever RPG i have played. The Elder Scrolls IV: oblivion was amazing but they have improved it with skyrim i like how they add werewolves and the daedric armour have been improved but I think the best part of the game is the Dragons and the Dragon shouts. You can create your own character the argonian can breathe under water, 50% Resist to Disease soThe Elder Scrolls v: skyrim is the best ever RPG i have played. The Elder Scrolls IV: oblivion was amazing but they have improved it with skyrim i like how they add werewolves and the daedric armour have been improved but I think the best part of the game is the Dragons and the Dragon shouts. You can create your own character the argonian can breathe under water, 50% Resist to Disease so you cannot turn into a vampire and Dark Elves Resist Fire 50%, Wood Elves have a 50% Resist to Poison and Disease and the Khajiit a Claw Attacks and the Power of Night Eye which means you can see in the dark. To become a vampire whenever a vampire casts Vampiric Drain on you, there is a 10% chance for you to be infected. The best thing to level up is your black Smiting then you will be able to make the daedric armour and the heavy dragon armour and the low dragon armour. I found the best way to earn money is the dark brother hood. To join the dark brother hood you have to complete a quest Innocence Lost. Speaking to Innkeepers and later on you will get a horse that is completely black with red eyes I think the best weapons in the game is the dual daedric swords and the daedric bow. The game includes a lot of guilds which are called the dark brotherhood the thiefâ Expand
  30. Nov 7, 2013
    Though graphics and quality lagg and the gamedesign is awful you can have a lot of fun with this one. The best skillsystem in a game I played so far offers very much hours of gaming and nice developement of the character. But quality and design could be a lot better.
  31. Mar 19, 2012
    A fantastic game. One criticism is that the game kind of peaks early in terms of balance as your character can quickly become superman. However, it is an incredible improvement over Oblivion. The leveling went from being an albatross in Oblivion, to a strong point in Skyrim. The world is fun to explore and there are plenty of nice things to spend money on. One other critisim is that itsA fantastic game. One criticism is that the game kind of peaks early in terms of balance as your character can quickly become superman. However, it is an incredible improvement over Oblivion. The leveling went from being an albatross in Oblivion, to a strong point in Skyrim. The world is fun to explore and there are plenty of nice things to spend money on. One other critisim is that its easy to forget you Expand
  32. Jan 19, 2012
    the elder scrolls v: skyrim is the best RPG game since the elder scrolls iv: oblivion it is the most freerom and the quest regenerate they have in proved the armours iron, steel, eleven, dwarven, daedric and they have add dragon armour that makes dragon do less damage on you but to get dragon armour you need to kill dragons there is over 150 hours of game play the game is glitches but isthe elder scrolls v: skyrim is the best RPG game since the elder scrolls iv: oblivion it is the most freerom and the quest regenerate they have in proved the armours iron, steel, eleven, dwarven, daedric and they have add dragon armour that makes dragon do less damage on you but to get dragon armour you need to kill dragons there is over 150 hours of game play the game is glitches but is expected on a massive RPG like this on the story is about a person how has to kill the lord of the dragons who is a daedric prince there are a lot of side quest that are good like in the games past during the time of the dragons rule there were people who thought the dragons to be gods and worshiped them they where called dragon priest they would have done any think to get the dragons back because of there this they were internally imprisoned but after thousands of years they become more powerful and began to break out they wear special masks made of dragon bones they are a fun enemy to kill because you get there masks that have special enchantment. The customization is the best I have seen of it type you select your character and then what age, hair, eyes, how dark there skin colour there are lots of guilds like the dark brotherhood the thiefâ Expand
  33. Mar 23, 2012
    This is Skyrim, the best game ever in my opinion. I could go on and on about the different mechanics and quests and items and weapons and people and jobs and all of the other stuff in the game but to be honest, it would ruin the game. Skyrim is game you need to experience without previous inside knowledge on it, the simple fact is if you like Elder Scrolls or simply RPG's, no scratch that.This is Skyrim, the best game ever in my opinion. I could go on and on about the different mechanics and quests and items and weapons and people and jobs and all of the other stuff in the game but to be honest, it would ruin the game. Skyrim is game you need to experience without previous inside knowledge on it, the simple fact is if you like Elder Scrolls or simply RPG's, no scratch that. If you like amazing games then you must play Skyrim, experience the wonderful world of Tamriel. Expand
  34. Mar 18, 2012
    A massive game which promised so much and delivered so much more. Skyrim is simply beautiful in all its Nordic glory. The visuals are stunning and the world has been designed to the finest detail. The tale of Skyrim won't blow many players away, but it is stellar nonetheless and progresses with good direction. Combat is fun and exciting this time round. Chopping and hacking enemies hasA massive game which promised so much and delivered so much more. Skyrim is simply beautiful in all its Nordic glory. The visuals are stunning and the world has been designed to the finest detail. The tale of Skyrim won't blow many players away, but it is stellar nonetheless and progresses with good direction. Combat is fun and exciting this time round. Chopping and hacking enemies has rarely felt more satisfying. Aside from fighting, there are countless other tasks to do, such as crafting, mining, and foraging among many others. There is simply so much to do, and so much to see, in Skyrim. Expand
  35. Nov 28, 2013
    Skyrim is a wonderfully detailed, content heavy fantasy RPG which is held back from being legendary by an underlayer of flaws and glitches.

The Good Expansive game world, vast array of quests, efficient level-up system, wonderful atmosphere graphics. Dark Brotherhood, Thieves' Guild, and majority of the main story quests are all Skyrim at its best. Overall an impressive open world to discover. Soundtrack is generally very good. Dragons add some needed combat variety. Armours are very well designed, and weapons are highly detailed and can be upgraded (though no visible difference is apparent when upgraded).

The Bad Character models are quite ugly, very few NPC's have a unique personality, not a large enough variety of voice actors. Far too many loading screens. Saves can become corrupted. Freezing will be a frequent problem for many gamers. Quests can become repetitive, especially since the caves and barrows you come across are all almost identical. Radient quests feel tiresome and rather pointless.

Verdict While this game definitely has a lot to offer gamers in terms of length of gameplay, and a fantastically detailed game world, Skyrim is let down severely by game-destroying bugs and glitches and a rather faceless cast of characters.

Graphics 8 (Beautiful gameworld, not so beautiful character models)
    Gameplay- 9 (Detailed story and history. Many fun quests, although some quite unoriginal)
    Technical- 5 (Littered with bugs and glitches that hinder an otherwise very good game)
    Sound 7 (Pleasant soundtrack though not spectacular. NPC voices are repetitive)
    Overall 8
  36. Nov 17, 2011
    Stunning game, a real experience to play, the only reason I can't give it a ten is because it needs to feel busier, the towns need more hustle and bustle, big battles need more people, I know this is a restraint of the engine and the platforms it is on, but this is the sole thing that stops this game being a perfect ten for me. Apart from that though, I can't fault it!
  37. Apr 18, 2012
    Ok, where do I begin? Great game, really entertaining, good graphics, tons of quests to do, plenty of customization, long but doesn't get you tired of it. Loved it.
  38. Dec 11, 2011
    I was going to wait until I finished to review but since I will evidently never finish I decided to do it now. This game is far superior to Oblivion in my view, there is tons to do and the stories for the side-quests rival the main plot-lines of most games. There are quite a few bugs but mostly they have been fairly minor and easy to overcome. As with any game so large it is difficult toI was going to wait until I finished to review but since I will evidently never finish I decided to do it now. This game is far superior to Oblivion in my view, there is tons to do and the stories for the side-quests rival the main plot-lines of most games. There are quite a few bugs but mostly they have been fairly minor and easy to overcome. As with any game so large it is difficult to avoid at least some glitches. Doing away with Oblivion's difficulty scaling was a fantastic decision. Hours of fun to be had. Expand
  39. Mar 27, 2012
    This is quite possibly my favorite game this console generation. Bethesda has yet again delivered a game with both an outstanding story and gameplay without sacrificing the development of the Tamriel lore underneath it all. I'm still finding hints hidden in the games hundreds of books about the future of the world and its many inhabitants. Even if this is your first quest into the ElderThis is quite possibly my favorite game this console generation. Bethesda has yet again delivered a game with both an outstanding story and gameplay without sacrificing the development of the Tamriel lore underneath it all. I'm still finding hints hidden in the games hundreds of books about the future of the world and its many inhabitants. Even if this is your first quest into the Elder Scrolls universe, I implore you to read the books you come across, as they greatly help explain the nuances of Tamriel's past, especially since the events of Oblivion.

While I have definitely encountered a few glitches in my 300+ hours across Skyrim, nothing has been particularly game breaking, and usually a load from a previous save fixed any problems I had advancing. I'm also very impressed with Bethesda's outpouring of support for this title across all platforms with new patches still being released regularly to fix major and minor issues.

Without gushing too much, I can simply say that Skyrim is a must have title for any fan of Western role-playing games and definitely a title to consider for everyone else.
  40. Feb 5, 2012
    good game, boring until you beat the main story or discover at least 3 major cities. i'm level 54 i did pretty much everything , but my load times are sooooooo bad and it started around the time i reached lvl 40, 15 sec. to open favorites menu, 5 sec to get to pause menu. needs update for that ASAP, but lots of hours of playtime are possible, buggy though.
  41. Nov 17, 2011
    This game is awesome. i think it is the most expansive map ive ever played on and it definitely trumps oblivion however i still think that morrowind game of the year edition was better but thats just because i logged easily 1000 hours and never completely beat it but this game has serious promise
  42. Nov 8, 2012
    This is far and away the most beautiful, most in depth, most amazing game I ever ever played. I believe that this game will go down in history with the like of Zelda, Halo 1 and other video game legends. The only bad thing I can say is that it consumes too much of my time. Other games should look at this game and be ashamed that they are not even close to being as well made.
  43. Nov 7, 2012
    I would say this game is not one that will appeal to everyone, on one hand it looks amazing and has endless hours of gameplay but to me the game just doesnt feel as fun and sometimes it can be a bit of a chore, i found game like fallout 3 to be like this, they offer lots but i dont really find the game itself amazing to want me to do it, so if you want to complete this youll need anI would say this game is not one that will appeal to everyone, on one hand it looks amazing and has endless hours of gameplay but to me the game just doesnt feel as fun and sometimes it can be a bit of a chore, i found game like fallout 3 to be like this, they offer lots but i dont really find the game itself amazing to want me to do it, so if you want to complete this youll need an intravenous becasue it will take over your life trying to finish it Expand
  44. Dec 14, 2012
    This is definitely my favourite game for the Xbox 360. There is so much to do, and so many different ways to play, that you will never get bored of it.
  45. Nov 23, 2011
    Couldn't be happier with this game.
    I've logged 20 hours or so on this beast of a game and there is still plenty to do.
    It looks beautiful, I can't believe how far I can see in this game...huge mountains in the distance can be discovered and explored. There are plenty of ways to play this game, the perks really let you feel like you are getting better in a skill rather than the numbers
    Couldn't be happier with this game.
    There are plenty of ways to play this game, the perks really let you feel like you are getting better in a skill rather than the numbers just increasing.
    The world feels alive and at times I get lost in it just wandering.
  46. Nov 17, 2011
    This game is an absolute blast! I love playing it and 4 hours feels like 1 hour went by. It is so deep with gameplay and the story is outstanding. That said it only gets a 9 because it has quite a few bugs but that is to be expected with a RPG game. Overall great game.
  47. Nov 17, 2011
    Perfectly superb, there is absolutely nothing missing from this game. Never before have I played a game which kept all of the brilliant features of its predecessors while building a whole new game and improving on every single complaint of the previous games. Bethesda has done everything right. I can find nothing wrong with this game, full stop.
  48. Nov 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is by far the game for any and all gamers out there to get. Go to a GameStop or ReplayGames near you to pick up this bad boy, because you definitely wont be disappointed. After playing games like MW3 and AC Revelations, I didnt expect any new games to be good, since those just sucked. But when I began playing this game.........I changed my mind entirely. Even the title screen music is outstanding, good enough to listen to for an hour straight. However, the game itself is much more than just that. You start out as someone who was arrested for border-jumping into Skyrim, and are about to be beheaded: BUT WAIT! You actually SEE the person in front of you be beheaded. Oh wait, Im getting ahead of myself here. First you have to make your character. You get to choose between multiple races, including Orc, Redguard, Imperial, and Wood Elf. Next, you customize your body. From skin tone to cheekbone height to complexion: Every little detail about your character can be edited. You could probably even make the person look like you if you try hard enough. After all of this, a dragon attacks Helgen, the city you are in. However, dragons havent been seen in Tamriel for hundreds of years! After finding out you are Dragonborn, your quest to save Skyrim, and perhaps the entire world, begins. From the amazing story, to the great gameplay, to the alchemy and magic, this game is absolutely wonderful. I HIGHLY recommend you buy this beautiful and stunning game that not only looks great, but plays great as well. Expand
  49. Nov 17, 2011
    I know it shouldn't piss me off, but it does! Those 90 negative bloody bastards; why the hell would you spend money on a game if you never liked the series to begin with. Its and RPG, and Elder Scrolls RPG and they are all amazing. if your not in to questing, crafting or skill building play another game, and stop complaining about this one. As for the game itself; im sure im in gamerI know it shouldn't piss me off, but it does! Those 90 negative bloody bastards; why the hell would you spend money on a game if you never liked the series to begin with. Its and RPG, and Elder Scrolls RPG and they are all amazing. if your not in to questing, crafting or skill building play another game, and stop complaining about this one. As for the game itself; im sure im in gamer love. I would kill someone to just be able to play the game to my hearts content. I love the new drop-down menu and the ability to equip more then one spell at a time. For a spellsword this game has worked out perfectly. The quest are interesting and flow together nicely; i never feel I am leaving the main quest rather then expanding it. The scenery is magnificent, that first step into Skyrim was amazing and beautiful and yeah the fighting could be better but i honesty didn't expect better, its an Elder Scrolls game and that's what i stood until midnight to get and that's what i got. My husband is about to kill me for the amount of time i am spending on the game, but i think that's mainly due to him not being able to play his character as much as he would like. Deff. 10 out 10 game of the year for me! Expand
  50. Nov 17, 2011
    Good story and good graphic, a lot of freedom to do what you want and a huge map. There is a lot of content in the environment, and you never know when your gonna get sidetracked for hours exploring some mysterious dungeon you just stumbled across on your way, on the bad side there is a few bugs but i think most them will be taken care of with some patching.
  51. Nov 18, 2011
    Truely superb game, the most fun i've had in an RPG game in YEARS (since daggerfall and diablo 1 era). The story is rich and it absorbs you from the moment you load it up. Graphics are amazing, while the animations are... wonky... at times, the textures and physics more than make up for it. Great game, a must buy.
  52. Nov 18, 2011
    Best game i have played in years, amazing amount of content and great gameplay
    this aswell as all the potential it has for moding makes this game a 10 out of 10
  53. Nov 18, 2011
    The best game I've ever played. The combat, quests, dialogue, everything, is such a massive upgrade over Oblivion and is damn fun. Only 35 hours of playing the game and I still have been to only 2 cities, and the majority of my map is still undiscovered. If I'm not playing Skyrim, I'm thinking about playing Skyrim. This game is just insane!!
  54. Jun 9, 2012
    The hype I had for this game was huge. Did it live up to expectations? Yes and No.
    The game lets you loose in this fantastic world where you can do one thing for hours and see nothing else. The story was a huge step from Oblivion (TES4), and the individual guildes story were interesting, without overstaying their welcome. But heres my first problem the length of some guildes I feel was too short specifically the Dark Brotherhood, where compared to oblivion is tiny. Though i feel the college of winterhold was a good length, compared to Oblivion where it went on and on and on and on.
    The combat feels good with stealth being really fun. Maybe melee feels less weight than it should and the annoyance over spells not being able to level up but the archery feels fantastic.
    The exploration is good and the terrain is varied.
    Visually looks good, though on closer inspection the individuals textures dont look so good, and pop in still happens which is very annoying! Though draw distance has massively increased and looks fanastic.
    On conclusion Skyrim is one of the game's of the gerneration with minor flaws. A must buy
  55. Jan 16, 2012
    If you've played Oblivion, Fallout 3 or New Vegas....You've played Skyrim. the new chapter to the Elder Scrolls series does nothing to move the series ahead. Same game play. Same lack luster story line. I'm not saying the game is all bad. It still has those really addicting properties you know the games for....it's just...feels the same. I felt bored after awhile and wished the gameIf you've played Oblivion, Fallout 3 or New Vegas....You've played Skyrim. the new chapter to the Elder Scrolls series does nothing to move the series ahead. Same game play. Same lack luster story line. I'm not saying the game is all bad. It still has those really addicting properties you know the games for....it's just...feels the same. I felt bored after awhile and wished the game was over. Everyone make a big hoopla about the graphics...meh. You can put new paint on it, but when the graphic design is still the same it does it no good. If you have never played a Elder Scrolls game you will love this game. If you HAVE played an Elder scrolls game before...Look to be playing the same game re-skinned. Expand
  56. Feb 8, 2012
    This game is amazing. There's no other way to say it. It really is, but there are glitches and stuff that is not there that brings it down. The minor glitches don't ruin the whole game and make it unplayable but, they do make the smaller things more tedious and annoying. You can approach combat from many different angles because of the wide array of skills to choose from. Play it, enjoyThis game is amazing. There's no other way to say it. It really is, but there are glitches and stuff that is not there that brings it down. The minor glitches don't ruin the whole game and make it unplayable but, they do make the smaller things more tedious and annoying. You can approach combat from many different angles because of the wide array of skills to choose from. Play it, enjoy it, but be warned because there are some bugs and other things that ruin the smaller things Expand
  57. Nov 6, 2012
    A truly fantastic game. There isn't much more to say about it other than its overwhelming greatness. I absolutely loved it, and found myself immersed in it for hours.
  58. Feb 21, 2012
    it is by far the most accompished Rpg to date..
    with the system that generates unlimited side quests this is a trully never ending game with a gorgeous open world to explore..
    Game of the decade for me ;)
  59. May 8, 2012
    Skyrim is overrated. It's a good game but it is essentially Oblivion with a new coat of paint. The good parts are the world and the exploration. I have spent many hours just looking at the landscapes. Arguably, you could get your money's worth doing just that. The actual gameplay, however, is the same tired formula from Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3. Obviously many peopleSkyrim is overrated. It's a good game but it is essentially Oblivion with a new coat of paint. The good parts are the world and the exploration. I have spent many hours just looking at the landscapes. Arguably, you could get your money's worth doing just that. The actual gameplay, however, is the same tired formula from Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3. Obviously many people enjoy this but I'm about 2/3 finished with the main quest and have no desire to finish. There are simply too many fundamental gameplay design decisions that make the game not fun. The combat is not fun. Moving around in the world is not fun (the player's "hit box" collision model gets stuck on tiny geometry bumps). The potions are not fun. The inventory is not fun. Picking up hundreds of tiny objects (e.g., coins) in the game world with an Xbox controller's crosshair is not fun. The plot is generic and the dialogue ranges from mediocre to terrible, and is uniformly spoken too slowly. The first King/Jarl you meet sounds like he's on painkillers. The cutscenes (not cutscenes per se as they all happen while you play) are laughably bad as well. I think the Skyrim team needs some new designers to inject some new ideas into their otherwise capable hands. As a game it is mediocre but as a world to explore it is one of the best. 8/10. Expand
  60. Apr 10, 2013
    A magnificent and vast role playing experience that delivers on many levels. A common issue I have with most games today is that they are too short or relay on lots of DLC for the full game. With skyrim players have a massive amount of content in the disk and can choose to download additional content should one manage to get through the content of the main game.

With the elder scrolls

With the elder scrolls games and other Bethesda titles the gamer needs to invest a huge amount of time which is hard for those with careers. I sometimes wish I was back at university where time was a plenty. It almost feels that Bethesda cannot fail with this franchise.
  61. Jan 15, 2012
    Skyrim is a good game and is should be played. But after a while I just found there wasn't much left to do. The Radiant quest system is a joke. The quality of the quests and side stories is decent though. The game looks lovely and I found combat a lot of fun. The user interface is horrible though. Having to pause every 5 seconds in the middle of combat to take a potion? Really?Skyrim is a good game and is should be played. But after a while I just found there wasn't much left to do. The Radiant quest system is a joke. The quality of the quests and side stories is decent though. The game looks lovely and I found combat a lot of fun. The user interface is horrible though. Having to pause every 5 seconds in the middle of combat to take a potion? Really? It's like a broken V.A.T.S system from Fallout 3. I feel the game really suffers from not waiting till the next generation of consoles arrived. But I get it from a economic point of view from Bethesda's side. Talking of Fallout 3 can't help but remind me of atmosphere, something which Skyrim has a had time at creating when it wanted to despite all it's major attempts. Any atmospheric moments I got from the game were moments that happened by accident.

The shouts are fun, but the down time feels slightly too long. I didn't mind the bugs too much, it is to be expected with an open world game such as this, but the quest breaking bugs take some stomaching. The dungeons are very well done and much less cookie cutter than other Elder Scrolls game, but after a while they seem to become all the same again. The same few groups of enemies too. And I guess that's my main complain about the game as a whole, is that as much fun as the first 40 or so hours are, after that (least for me) there were no real new surprises or situations. Dragons just become an annoyance rather than an actually threat. With that said though, it's was worth purchase for those 40 hours, because you really do have a lot of fun within them. But, that's not an Elder Scrolls game for me. An Elder Scrolls game should be about spending hundreds and hundreds of hours building your character and mythos and immersing yourself. Skyrim just doesn't have enough content and there is really no excuse, since I spent 6 months on Morrowind and around 3-4 on Oblivion, there is no excuse why a game made 10 years after the former and 5 after the latter should have less to do. Everything feels a little forced and console feel never suited The Elder Scrolls series point blank.
  62. Jan 18, 2012
    A masterclass in game design. Stunning graphics and just so satisfyingly ambitious. In a market saturated with COD clones, Skyrim is just a massive breath of fresh air. Okay Skyrim has a lot of bugs, but I think it's impossible to create a game like this without them. In comparison to other games companies Bethesda are very good at addressing post-release issues, so most of the major bugsA masterclass in game design. Stunning graphics and just so satisfyingly ambitious. In a market saturated with COD clones, Skyrim is just a massive breath of fresh air. Okay Skyrim has a lot of bugs, but I think it's impossible to create a game like this without them. In comparison to other games companies Bethesda are very good at addressing post-release issues, so most of the major bugs will eventually be fixed. I personally had very little in the way of bugs - a few texture issues at first, some quests don't leave my quest list upon completion and some quest items are not removed from my inventory when I turn them in, but that's it really. So I have not taken the bugs into account with my review, as personally, I have found it easy to ignore them. There are many design choices in Skyrim which I'm not a fan of and the game does have a few balancing issues, but all those pale out of existence when I consider the scope of the game. This game is huge! At 180 hours of gameplay I have still got at least 150 hours of gameplay to go with all side-missions, guild missions and main quests etc. That's a lot of game and very good value for money. The interface is improved over Oblivion (on the 360 at least) and weapons and magic feel heavier and more satisfying to use.Voice acting has improved, and even though you do hear the same voice actor saying the same thing in different towns, it is much less frequent than Oblivion. The music is beautiful and really fits the dramatic landscape of Skyrim. Dragons are a welcome addition and add a new challenge to the way you fight. The locations you visit vary greatly from snowy mountains, to vast mammoth populated grassy tundras. A lot of criticism at this game will be at the bugs and the many low-res textures, but when one considers the vast amount of coding that must go into a game like this over, say, a more linear shorter title like Uncharted 3, and the fact that the xbox 360 is 6-7 years old now, you realise just how much work has gone into this game and just how lucky we are to be able to experience it. Skyrim is a real achievement and shouldn't be missed. Expand
  63. Feb 5, 2012
    Very good game, but I will not just blurt out this is a good game and end it, since there is always some flaws decreasing it's score.
    I have had this game since it came out and enjoyed it, but there are a ton of glitches within, such as getting stuck between a rock. The graphics are not what was promised, don't get me wrong, they are great graphics, but the way they were putting the graphics was like it would be real life.
    So, if you are buying this game for it's graphics you saw in a trailer or such, I would say forget it.
    The animations isn't that great, not many voice actors, but a lot of this can be fixed.
    I am rating this a high score mainly because this can easily be fixed with mods or updates.
    I would suggest you get this game, it is a great game, just don't expect it to be perfect.
  64. Jan 14, 2012
    Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is a very wonderful game. One of Bethesda's greatest. An almost new engine in the game fits very well with the controls, and sprinting is my favorite part, (something I wish Fallout 3 had). One of the few games that not only randomly rains, pours, or drizzles, but also snows and blizzards. Skyrim is a game that almost anyone that enjoys to kick back and adventureElder Scrolls: Skyrim is a very wonderful game. One of Bethesda's greatest. An almost new engine in the game fits very well with the controls, and sprinting is my favorite part, (something I wish Fallout 3 had). One of the few games that not only randomly rains, pours, or drizzles, but also snows and blizzards. Skyrim is a game that almost anyone that enjoys to kick back and adventure through a campaign that could very well last hours. The main story being a little short, there are many many different side quests and misc. that you can do to keep you entertained. After playing for a while, you start to get a little bored on how many few enemy types there are, (or at least I did, after I realized I was fighting the same enemies for hours on end). But never-the-less, this game has hundreds of hours packed into it, and maybe even more. Expand
  65. Jan 17, 2012
    Those who have scored Skyrim with a negative score, I would want to tell you one thing. First take of the game from the oven, microwave or where else you have put it, and insert it in the correct device. Wow it's a great game, isn't it?
  66. Jan 17, 2012
    Skyrim is a beautiful game that's ridiculously immersive. From the endless wandering to the seemingly never-ending number of quests, Skyrim will suck you in. The absolute perfection of Skyrim is that there is no perfect character or perfect way to play, just the character that fits your playstyle on the path you choose to take. This game is quite literally what you make of it -- doSkyrim is a beautiful game that's ridiculously immersive. From the endless wandering to the seemingly never-ending number of quests, Skyrim will suck you in. The absolute perfection of Skyrim is that there is no perfect character or perfect way to play, just the character that fits your playstyle on the path you choose to take. This game is quite literally what you make of it -- do whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want and you don't need to be an old hand at fantasy RPGs to do so. The only criticism I have for the game is that there's no ultimate affect to anything. What I mean is that you can play both sides & it doesn't seem to affect anything: side w/ the Imperials & the Companions don't seem to mind; side w/ the Stormcloaks & wander around Solitude in the middle of the Civil War & no one bats an eyelash. Somehow, however, none of this seems to take away from the game or the gameplay. I've never played a fantasy-style RPG prior to Skyrim & I'd give it a solid, solid 9.8. Expand
  67. Jan 17, 2012
    I don't see how someone could have such a poor experience that they felt the need to rate this game with a 0...
    Anyways, for starters, this game is not perfect. No game is ever perfect. Yes there is lag (only on a few occasions for me, it wasn't even that bad), bugs (never experienced any), and glitches (come on, glitches really make the game though), but that doesn't stop Skyrim from being one of the greatest games of all time. When I first started Skyrim, I had mixed feelings. I personally didn't like Oblivion, so I had mixed feelings when starting out. Just like any RPG, the beginning is slow, so I expected that. After you get through the beginning though, wow. The game is just excellent. I think that people give up after investing such little time into it (which actually could be 7 hours...), or rushing through the main quest line. If you've never played an RPG before and you think they're dumb, then please, don't get the game...I was VERY impressed with everything in the game. There is so much to do! Between the colleges. the Dark Brotherhood (which I enjoy being involved in...), and the Thief's guild to name a few, there is virtually endless things to complete. Although, I do admit that the dungeons get a bit tedious after awhile, I never get tired of exploring the land, or turning into a...different thing...and killing a whole town, then reloading my save. I absolutely love this game, I (sadly...) have about 58 hours of gameplay invested into Skyrim, and I'm still finding things to do! I haven't even completed the main quest line yet. I totally recommend this game for anyone looking for something to wind down to after rage-quitting out of COD.
  68. Jan 19, 2012
    Absolutely amazing. This game has raised the bar for RPG's in the future. The graphics are not the greatest but they arenâ
  69. Jan 28, 2012
    There is not much I can say about Skyrim that hasn't been said already, so I will just try to compound certain points. First, I'm giving this game a ten, because I think it is the greatest ES game to date. Not my favorite, mind you, but the greatest. Therefore all these points i will mention did not in any way take away from my enjoyment of the game. Now you should be aware of a fewThere is not much I can say about Skyrim that hasn't been said already, so I will just try to compound certain points. First, I'm giving this game a ten, because I think it is the greatest ES game to date. Not my favorite, mind you, but the greatest. Therefore all these points i will mention did not in any way take away from my enjoyment of the game. Now you should be aware of a few things. There is no spell creation in this game. None. The main quest is considerably short. There is one large chunk of the main quest that is tied to another series of quests, and I completed it without realizing that it was tied to the main storyline, so by doing that when it came time for me to complete the main game I found that i had actually already completed about 50% of it accidentally. Also, weapons and armor no longer decay with use. Blacksmithing is now the CREATION of items, not their upkeep. Alchemy is pretty much useless now. It takes SO long to level using alchemy and the potions are nowhere near as powerful as they were before, so it feels more like a chore than an actual part of the game. Archery is still overpowered. Very overpowered in fact, especially when combined with stealth. Spells are underpowered and cost waaaaay too much magicka to cast. Many reviewers are saying that this is the first ES game where being a pure mage is a true option, but I honestly do not see how. And finally there is the difficulty spikes. And I'm talking BIG spikes. There were plenty of times that i would breeze through a dungeon full of weak baddies only to get killed in one second flat by the boss. There is no penalty for lowering the difficulty level to accommodate this problem, but it seems like a weak work-around by the developers. But in closing I once again want to draw your attention to that perfect score I'm giving this game. Believe me when I say that despite these small complaints the game has more than earned its perfect score in my opinion. I wouldn't take the 150 hours i put into this game for anything in the world. Expand
  70. Jan 30, 2012
    With this being such an open game, so free for the player to do whatever, you could see there was going to be some slight issues with glitches on the map. That's not really a problem though, because the graphics, conversation, setting, quality and size make up for it. In terms of quality overall, this game definitely deserves a ten. It's a beautiful game; filled with many places andWith this being such an open game, so free for the player to do whatever, you could see there was going to be some slight issues with glitches on the map. That's not really a problem though, because the graphics, conversation, setting, quality and size make up for it. In terms of quality overall, this game definitely deserves a ten. It's a beautiful game; filled with many places and quests. The game is most certainly not something you could complete overnight, with around 500 hours of gaming experience. The only criticisms I can find are that the main-storyline could be a bit more well written - it seems that it's "too" easy to kill this Dragon, who's desire to end this world lingers. Especially when all ancestors in the past have valiantly tried and failed to. The second criticism is that the characters could have had a bit more to them - I'm sure the cast was made of around 10 different voices, which is sad because most Bethesda games have a huge variety of characters. Check out my review, for full details on the game - http://indigital.hubpages.com/hub/Skyrim-Review Expand
  71. Feb 4, 2012
    AMAZING GAME! One of my favorite games of all time. I have played so many hours I am afraid to tell people. The expansive nature of the content as well as the graphics and detail on every single landscape is superb. The only critic is that I would like to see the individual towns (world) affected by the decisions that I make in the game. For example, I help a merchant becomeAMAZING GAME! One of my favorite games of all time. I have played so many hours I am afraid to tell people. The expansive nature of the content as well as the graphics and detail on every single landscape is superb. The only critic is that I would like to see the individual towns (world) affected by the decisions that I make in the game. For example, I help a merchant become successful by completing a sidequest, but throughout the game they are still struggling and their shop is still barren. Also, to many dragons popping out to attack you. This gets old after a while and gets annoying. However, these are small critics compared to my overral great satisfaction with the game. Expand
  72. Feb 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Three months later and I personally still think it is one of my top 10 game's that I have ever played. It's a masterpiece. Very rarely nowadays do game's make you play for over 100 hours on the same save file. The scenery is just purely amazing and you really do have a choice of how YOU want to play the game. You don't have to do the storyline in order to play the game. You basically have everything unlocked as soon as you complete the first quest. You can go into caves and fight Frostbite Spider's and explore dwarven ruins and fight falmer. The game does reward you quite nicely that most dungeons and caves usually have a chest at the end which give you a fairly good amount of gold and useful items. Two thing's I really do want to get off my chest real quickly is that it is pretty easy to get yourself stuck in a place where you would never expect to get yourself stuck in the first place and the fact that the final boss was kind of a dissapointment. Alduin (the main antagonist) only died within about 1 minute when you fight him. Other than that I find Skyrim to be a really enjoyable game to play for another few months. Expand
  73. Feb 4, 2012
    This is the best longest lasting RPG game full of exciting adventure that will always give your tummy those butterflies. I highly recommend this game to all RPG lovers and fans of the Elder Scrolls series. This game has tons of objects and whatnot. Skyrim is sure to give you more bang for your buck whether you're buying it used or new, this game is worth over $100 thats for sure.
  74. Feb 6, 2012
    great game I would have given the game a perfect ten if the story was longer and had more depth felt shorter than oblivion and rushed for holiday sales just waiting for dlc dont get me wrong still a great game lots to do with side quest main story way to short
  75. Feb 7, 2012
    Hay que decirlo: Skyrim no es Oblivion, y menos Fallout 3. Pero si amaste esos juegos, es muy probable que adores este. Skyrim es un juego que empieza lento (lo que puede aburrir al amante de la accion y el combate) pero recompensa con graficas fabulosas durante todo el trayecto. De hecho, puede verse el esmero que pusieron en cada detalle, cada lugar, persona, villanos e historia, la cualHay que decirlo: Skyrim no es Oblivion, y menos Fallout 3. Pero si amaste esos juegos, es muy probable que adores este. Skyrim es un juego que empieza lento (lo que puede aburrir al amante de la accion y el combate) pero recompensa con graficas fabulosas durante todo el trayecto. De hecho, puede verse el esmero que pusieron en cada detalle, cada lugar, persona, villanos e historia, la cual puede parecer interminable para el jugador casual, pero quien aprecie escuchar cientos de conversaciones, explorar cada parte de su enorme escenario y recolectar todo, sera feliz en Skyrim. Aun asi, dejenme darles un consejo: hagan una cosa a la vez y no se llenen de misiones o terminaran con una lista enorme de objetivos. Completen todas las actividades de un pueblo antes de ir al siguiente y disfrutaran mas su aventura. Finalmente, y luego de jugar por más de 70 horas, se que Skyrim no es perfecto, pero te da lo suficiente para seguir adelante. Sus defectos no afectan la experiencia general, y por eso quienes saben lo califican con 9/10. Expand
  76. Feb 9, 2012
    This was one of the best games I have every played in my life, and one of the few games I have purchased that was worth every penny. While there are a few small flaws in this game they hardly detract from the overall experience. Once in a while you will encounter a glitch which can be easily fixed by saving and reloading the game, and many times the glitches won't do anything except makeThis was one of the best games I have every played in my life, and one of the few games I have purchased that was worth every penny. While there are a few small flaws in this game they hardly detract from the overall experience. Once in a while you will encounter a glitch which can be easily fixed by saving and reloading the game, and many times the glitches won't do anything except make you laugh as how absurd they are. The graphics are pretty amazing considering the gaming systems are nearing the ends of their life cycles and if you download it on your system the wait times aren't bad at all. While there are some of the familiar "go here get x number of this" quests I found myself more often then not being drawn into the rich world the game developers have crafted. Throughout the game you will often find yourself at the top of a mountain looking around in awe at the landscape below you and at other times you will find yourself extremely amused at certain characters personalities and actions. The freedom this game offers the player is unparalleled by any game before it and it lets you play how you want to. If you are a fan of fantasy and of video games in general you will not be dissapointed. A couple of things I would suggest for future updates would be: able to fly a dragon, reset your talent tree, and I know it wont happen in Skyrim I would love to see the next game have some kind of online connectivity. Expand
  77. Feb 11, 2012
    Easily one of the biggest games ever made, and also one of the best. For an open world RPG, Skyrim does exactly what it is supposed to do. The world is unrivalled, in terms of size and scenery. The game is absolutely gorgeous, I'm always wandering around just looking at things because they're so well done. It's also gigantic because at around 80 hours in I still haven't been to a few ofEasily one of the biggest games ever made, and also one of the best. For an open world RPG, Skyrim does exactly what it is supposed to do. The world is unrivalled, in terms of size and scenery. The game is absolutely gorgeous, I'm always wandering around just looking at things because they're so well done. It's also gigantic because at around 80 hours in I still haven't been to a few of the major towns or really started the main story. Tons of lore, history, and depth to the story and world. The gameplay is fast paced and fun, although it does get a bit easy once you max all your crafting skills. The only real problem is that as usual Bethesda released it fairly buggy, but I honestly think that's too be expected with a game of the magnitude and they're consistently fixing the bugs. I've only had one serious problem and it was fixed in the last patch. Not much else to say about it, I think I'll probably end up with a few hundred hours played over the next few years depending on the DLC, which is something which no other game will come close to rivalling, Oblivion excluded :P Expand
  78. Feb 13, 2012
    This is a perfectly crafted RPG game. It has it's flaws, but that's just the way it is. I must say i was really happy about this game. But the crafting/blacksmithing system is a bit dissapointing. First things first; It is way too easy to boost your blacksmithing skill to 100 and then make the best gear. And when this gear is made, you have to reinforce it and enchant it, etc. And it's theThis is a perfectly crafted RPG game. It has it's flaws, but that's just the way it is. I must say i was really happy about this game. But the crafting/blacksmithing system is a bit dissapointing. First things first; It is way too easy to boost your blacksmithing skill to 100 and then make the best gear. And when this gear is made, you have to reinforce it and enchant it, etc. And it's the same thing over and over and it just isin't worth it sometimes.

altho the fighting is crap, this game is a winner. The environment is beautifully crafted and the feeling it gives you is astonishing. Endless playtime will be spent on this game, buy it. It has everything a good RPG game deserves; Bosses, quests with variations and a wide variety of classes and skills.

And this game still delivers the Bethesta feeling, which i think the players are really looking for.
  79. Feb 13, 2012
    in a world were sequals and **** remakes are the norm Bethesda does everything right to make their fans happy even if it took 5 years to make every game I would gladly welcome that if it meant they were as good as Skyrim and would have good worth while dlc with good add ons to the game. Only bad bits are a few glitches and bugs and it freezes occasionally but what do you expect by such ain a world were sequals and **** remakes are the norm Bethesda does everything right to make their fans happy even if it took 5 years to make every game I would gladly welcome that if it meant they were as good as Skyrim and would have good worth while dlc with good add ons to the game. Only bad bits are a few glitches and bugs and it freezes occasionally but what do you expect by such a huge world. I want to taste Bethesda. Expand
  80. Feb 13, 2012
    Probably the best RPG I had play. I play twice, 658 hrs total. Maximum level : 81.5. It is a fantastic game, nothing really to say, I am sure you will enjoy it. Felicitations !
  81. Feb 16, 2012
    This game has already been reviewed to death. It has gained all the plaudits and accolades it rightfully deserves, yet this game has moved me like no other, so I have joined Metacritic just to put my two cents worth!

In short, it is the staggering depth, immersive environment and the ease in which you can interact with just about anything that sucks you in and holds you. It is a game I am literally scared of playing because it has that incredible ability to rip hours, if not days, of your life away. First, though, the caveats: In a game that is so incredibly ambitious, there are bound to be bug, issues, errors etc. This game is full of 'em. From the hagraven that fell out of the sky and landed dead at my feet when I exited a mineshaft, to the full blown lock-ups and death freezes when embarking on a quest, or simply looking around. I have experienced them; a lot. They are a minor annoyance at their least and down right frustrating at the worst. I can certainly understand some on here who have complained about the amount of bugs in this game. Traversing the land can become an arduous task for several reasons. Not least is at the beginning of your game (or even some way through), you may encounter highly levelled bad-asses that kill you in a swipe. Save, my friends, and save often to avoid the "oh crumbs, I just lost an hour of gameplay because I did not know giants got angry if you get too close and they thump you and send you millions of miles in the air to your death" syndrome. Secondly is the sometime frustrating way that you think you've found your way to your destination, but wait....sorry there is a small hump or rock in front of you that you cant climb over, so you have to back track for 10 minutes to find another way through! Horses...really what is the point of them? Sure you can fast travel whilst over-loaded, but I have, on a number of occasions, seen my horse bolt over to a bandit camp, try pitifully to stomp on them and promptly die within seconds. Same is true for that grizzly that just mauled me. Great way to spend 1000 hard earned Septims. Plus your followers cant ride and you cant use magic or weapons on horse-back! Pah!

Voice acting: most of it sounds like it is phoned in and they recycle the same voice actors over and over and over. What is with Skyrim, did only five men and three women have kids and spawned out no more than about 10-12 different voices? C'mon, this is a big budget game, could have splashed out on some more voice actors (or maybe more talented ones who could put on more different voices).

Finally, the menu navigation. It is a pain to say the least, that you have to pause the game, traverse the menus, pick the spell, weapon or shout you want, get back to the fight and repeat as necessary. I know there are hot keys, but way too few when so much is on offer. How about a quick access wheel system, like that which is employed in Mass Effect?

Right, there is the winging through. If you are still with me, I am about to go into why I think this game deserves a 10.

All those issues above not with-standing, this is an utterly massive game. You can go anywhere and do anything you want. There is so much variety, so many amazing places to see. People harp on about graphics. They are good, really good. The environments are so detailed, so many different dungeons and castles. The hold capitals feel big, feel like you are exploring a town and each with its unique issues, quests and culture. Love it!

Dragon battles are epic. I really enjoy these and feel the fear when I am doing my best not to get fried or frozen. Dragons are well drawn and immensely powerful (as they level up with the player) beasts. These battles alone are worth the price of this game.

Skilling and levelling are easy, common-sense and very well structured. This has been the point of contention for some, believing this represents a "dumbing down", but for me I love the simplicity and ease at which one can quickly get into a character, level the skills they want, when they want and how they want. It is truely a free-flowing system. Finally, questing, exploring and battling a variety of enemies is astounding. You can get joyfully side-tracked on your way to one quest only to end up doing three or four other quests. There is the civil war, a variety of factions, two colleges and other miscelanious adventures all to experience outside the main quest line. You can become a werewolf or vampire, each with its own advantages and foibles. It is truly remarkable what Bethesda have done here.

Overall, yes there are issues, yes there are areas that could be improved, but the game sucks you in with its depth and immense nature. So many titles are linear, point and follow or point and shoot, some pretend to be sandbox, but are not. Skyrim is a free-flowing wondrous advertureland. Bethesda should be lauded for their efforts here as this really is the pinnacle of video-gaming.
  82. Feb 16, 2012
    This game surpasses Oblivion in every possible way. More weapon, armor, and enemy types are included, the ability to create your own weapons and armor is awesome, and the land of Skyrim is huge and able to be explored thoroughly. If you're a fan of RPGs and have an Xbox 360, go buy this game. It's excellent.
  83. Sep 3, 2012
    closest to perfect as a game can get. The graphics are fantastic,although sometimes stutters when there is tons of action or some textures look outdated. The textures could be better, but this might be because I have an old xbox from 2006. The action is fun and intense, but still feels a little "floaty". Despite, these few problems, the game is still a masterpiece due to a deep, involvingclosest to perfect as a game can get. The graphics are fantastic,although sometimes stutters when there is tons of action or some textures look outdated. The textures could be better, but this might be because I have an old xbox from 2006. The action is fun and intense, but still feels a little "floaty". Despite, these few problems, the game is still a masterpiece due to a deep, involving storyline, hundreds of hours of quests, exploring, or crafting, and just damn fun. Expand
  84. Feb 22, 2012
    Well, honestly speaking Skyrim is my first Elder Scrolls title and I'm just thrilled. Actually I have spent 80+hrs on that game and have the feeling I've just achieved 30% of all the quests and places visited. The atmosphere is awesome, the graphic is pretty good compared to this tremandouse world and content provided. It's just a masterpiece and everyone who is a bit interested intoWell, honestly speaking Skyrim is my first Elder Scrolls title and I'm just thrilled. Actually I have spent 80+hrs on that game and have the feeling I've just achieved 30% of all the quests and places visited. The atmosphere is awesome, the graphic is pretty good compared to this tremandouse world and content provided. It's just a masterpiece and everyone who is a bit interested into roll-playing games should give it a try. Nobody would regret it, despite the time you will lose because of can't stop playing that game. :) Expand
  85. Feb 23, 2012
    fun. the game it self is very fun, but just shooting the **** with my buddies about the game is also so fun. i didnt like 3rd person mode in oblivion but i do like it in skyrim. nice graphics, people react to you running around in your underwear. this game at least for me, stay challengeing. i love pick pocketing people and stealing with out karma, and duel wielding/casting is really cool.fun. the game it self is very fun, but just shooting the **** with my buddies about the game is also so fun. i didnt like 3rd person mode in oblivion but i do like it in skyrim. nice graphics, people react to you running around in your underwear. this game at least for me, stay challengeing. i love pick pocketing people and stealing with out karma, and duel wielding/casting is really cool. addicting for sure. i kept telling my friends to buy this game if they wanted to keep busy during the winter b/c its so long. lots of replay here i gotta give it a 10/10 Expand
  86. Feb 24, 2012
    Probably the best game I've played in around a decade and a half of gaming. If you're looking for an incredibly immersive RPG experience, this is the way to go.
  87. Feb 25, 2012
    Skyrim was a very delightful game to play. The possibilities are endless and as a result every character you make will be different. I found the main quests a little short and in effect made me feel that i didn't have much more to achieve. To be honest i found the guild quests much more fun and entertaining to complete, for example the thieves guild quest were amazing and the story had aSkyrim was a very delightful game to play. The possibilities are endless and as a result every character you make will be different. I found the main quests a little short and in effect made me feel that i didn't have much more to achieve. To be honest i found the guild quests much more fun and entertaining to complete, for example the thieves guild quest were amazing and the story had a brilliant ending as well as the mages academy quests. the scenery was beautiful but i expect nothing less from Bethesda as oblivion's landscape was equally as good. I like how most of the NPCs had there own little story to tell and often enough quests although after battling dragons it's kinda hard to have the motivation to find someones lost dog (i Don't care). at the end of the day i think everyone who has played Morrowind would agree that skyrim is the under dog. One word VIVEC Expand
  88. Feb 29, 2012
    How do you make the next biggest, most fantastic fantasy RPG world? You make another installment in The Elder Scrolls series. Skyrim is a great improvement from Oblivion and is on the same level of epicness as The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It is a relatively large world that's so jam-packed with goodies that I'll still be finding new things in the game when I'm on my death bed. This isHow do you make the next biggest, most fantastic fantasy RPG world? You make another installment in The Elder Scrolls series. Skyrim is a great improvement from Oblivion and is on the same level of epicness as The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It is a relatively large world that's so jam-packed with goodies that I'll still be finding new things in the game when I'm on my death bed. This is definitely the best game that has been made in the past few years. Expand
  89. Feb 27, 2012
    From start to finish (which can take forever, depending on how you play) this game had me wrapped around it's fingers. From the music, to the ambient sounds, it was a well fleshed out world. The character creation was very much improved over it's predecessors. I cannot wait for the next one!!!
  90. Apr 12, 2012
    Skyrim is BIG. In fact, it is a little overated. The thing I don't like is that the game uses a compass rather than an on-screen mini-map, and to navigate a world as big as Skyrim, you need a mini-map to do it properly. This would rank as one of my favourite games, just stuff like Fallout and Zelda games would beat it.
  91. Mar 3, 2012
    Bethesda keeps pumping out great games. They fix almost all justified criticism that is in their games and continue to improve on past games. The combat in this game is very similar to that of Oblivion, although it was less buggy. The NPC are much more fluid in combat in this game. The voice acting is much much better. (I'm sure you've all heard the arrow in the knee joke before). TheBethesda keeps pumping out great games. They fix almost all justified criticism that is in their games and continue to improve on past games. The combat in this game is very similar to that of Oblivion, although it was less buggy. The NPC are much more fluid in combat in this game. The voice acting is much much better. (I'm sure you've all heard the arrow in the knee joke before). The characters are interesting. Ulfric is one of the biggest bad***es i've had the pleasure of knowing in a video game. Although the story isn't the end all defacto, Elder Scroll games have never had to rely on a complete master peace in story telling, and that is a good thing in itself. The fact highlights how solid the core aspects of the game are. I wish it had a better story and was quite disappointed by Skyrim's, it still deserves a 10 for being fresh, but improving on the same formula that Bethesda costumers have come to love. But don't get me wrong, the story and the side quests, and major side quests are very good, just not artistically perfect Expand
  92. Mar 6, 2012
    I'll admit this game has problems, but they are so minor. I have put 180 hours into this game, gotten every achievement (cool, right?), and pretty much done every quest possible. First the problems: Some quests become un-completable because of glitches. Money is a little broken as in early is really rare and later you have nothing to spend it on. After the main Dragon quest is done theI'll admit this game has problems, but they are so minor. I have put 180 hours into this game, gotten every achievement (cool, right?), and pretty much done every quest possible. First the problems: Some quests become un-completable because of glitches. Money is a little broken as in early is really rare and later you have nothing to spend it on. After the main Dragon quest is done the game loses a lot of the epicness. Also the voice acting is a little to repetitive and there are problems with having companions, and the map screen sucks.

Those may sound like a lot of nitpicks, and they are. The game is hard to put down. Its incredibly addicting, an awesome plot, and really fun quests. It's really really beautiful, the dragon fights are awesome, and the civil war has interesting political ramifications. I really have a lot of great things to say, but don't feel like typing it all. Definite must but.
  93. Mar 8, 2012
    all in all a great game to kill time on without realising it. it make you want to do one more quest which is awesome but also makes me late for things. whilst i like the world, characters, freedom, plot etc on thing bothers me. if i never made a character in skyrim nothing would ever get done in that world. and i mean nothing. dragons would never be killed, dragons would never get takenall in all a great game to kill time on without realising it. it make you want to do one more quest which is awesome but also makes me late for things. whilst i like the world, characters, freedom, plot etc on thing bothers me. if i never made a character in skyrim nothing would ever get done in that world. and i mean nothing. dragons would never be killed, dragons would never get taken out (unless they landed near a giant) and overall the whole world felt like it would come to a standstill. i'd like to see some people adventuring or close to my level instead of being able to kill everything without really doing a lot. whats taken me 100 hours in skyrim took me 200 in oblivion and oblivion kept me interested longer. Expand
  94. Mar 8, 2012
    This game is a masterpiece. The environment lives and breathes and its so easy to get lost in it's beauty. From hardcore fans of the series to RPG lovers to the casual gamer; this game has something for everyone. Outstanding.
  95. Mar 8, 2012
    "Immersive" would be an understatement. I've been playing this game for about 100 hours with no end in sight. Skyrim is one of the most beautiful lands I've ever explored and it's filled with so many characters, enemies, dragons, caves and dungeons, etc. that it can seem overwhelming, but in a good way.
  96. Mar 9, 2012
    Skyrim is an enjoyable experience from start to finish. The massive world that your character can explore is utterly amazing. The game offers an impressive variation of ways that you can customize your character. Making a lot of coin and leveling up can take a while though, and the human character models could have been worked on a little bit more. Side quests heavily dominate this gameSkyrim is an enjoyable experience from start to finish. The massive world that your character can explore is utterly amazing. The game offers an impressive variation of ways that you can customize your character. Making a lot of coin and leveling up can take a while though, and the human character models could have been worked on a little bit more. Side quests heavily dominate this game compared to the rather short main story. Overall Skyrim is well worth buying because it is a well crafted Lord of the Rings/ medieval times fantasy game experience. Expand
  97. Mar 9, 2012
    I have dropped 100+ hours into this and still am absolutely baffled by the amount of content Bethesda has managed to cram into Skyrim. Seems like I could play for another 100 hours and STILL discover new content. The world is that big and detailed. The richest, deepest, most epic experience in 30 years of gaming on Consoles and PCs. Skyrim deserves to be listed in that extremely smallI have dropped 100+ hours into this and still am absolutely baffled by the amount of content Bethesda has managed to cram into Skyrim. Seems like I could play for another 100 hours and STILL discover new content. The world is that big and detailed. The richest, deepest, most epic experience in 30 years of gaming on Consoles and PCs. Skyrim deserves to be listed in that extremely small group of games that sets the benchmark for years to come. Expand
  98. Mar 10, 2012
    Excellent computer role-playing game which puts the player into fantasy world of Skyrim. You can explore it as you want, the main plot as old as the hills, but it doesn't ruin the whole game - it's only the fine addition to your character story. Fine graphics and controls, but user interface such as items and magic menu is too simplified in terms of design (IMHO). One of the best games in 2011y.
  99. Mar 19, 2012
    great game spent 16 hours playing my first 1 and a half days.I can see how it would become boring for a elder scrolls veteren. But overall great game definitely one of the best game I've bought though well worth the money.
  100. Jun 13, 2012
    after playing morrowind and oblivion and feeling like it was not enough i was skeptical at skyrim till i played it at a friends house. I went over for just a little bit to see it and i ended up staying for hours. Everything that i did not like about Morrowind and oblivion they fixed. and the combat is sooo much better. Amazing game.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011