8.4

1. Jun 3, 2016
    Ok. Now that the hype has stopped, here I am 5 years later after finishing all DLC’s and the game ifselt 3 times.
    Yeah, I have a ton of hours put into this game, and I’m not even an rpg fan.
    I have played nearly 1000 games at the seventh generation, I’m not kidding, and I play since Atari. I’m 30 years old. Of course i haven’t finished all these 1000 games, I have plenty to play
    Yeah, I have a ton of hours put into this game, and I’m not even an rpg fan.

Of course i haven’t finished all these 1000 games, I have plenty to play yet, Dust, deadlight, mark of the ninja, hitman absolution, stacking, bastion etc and etc…, but, I can obviously say, after 5 years, away from any hype, something that I already stated right at the first 10 minutes of gameplay!

Skyrim is one of the best games ever made! I played Dark Souls franchise, many dark souls fans complains on skyrim as garbage, and I as a fan of both games have to say: I even have more hours spent in Dark Souls than in Skyrim simply because Dark Souls demands more exploration to understand its ties and plot, but c’mon! Skyrim is not just a game, is a total scream of pure art and vitality in the industry! Despite all the flaws, bugs, despite all that, that soundtrack is unmatchable and can be considered quite possibly the best OST to ever grace a videogame, it has the power of the god of war soundtrack with the celtic movements from zelda, it has that medieval pace that makes us wonder at the old nordic deities like Odin and Thor! THAT IS HOW POWERFUL the soundtrack is and the soundtrack alone is a fenomenal achievement at the finest quality music can ever get in the world.

Gameplay lacks depth, mainly because it is third person strange system, while in first person you also have the feeling of being flying around the floor, but it remembers me of myst series. Hell, I LOVED MYST SERIES!!!

The graphics are tremendous! While not the most realistic or the most circular wheel (yeah, there are a lot of polygons on the “wheels” and anti-aliasing effect is not the best out there) but it is by far one of the best looking game ever even today in 2016 with xones e ps4’s around… Skyrim has the type of graphics that will aways amaze us, no matter how old it gets, is like Ocarina of time, it is like chrono trigger or final fantasy 10, it is like Mario games, the graphics art style is everything in this game.

The story though is forgettable, but even the plot has its moments, c’mon babe, you are the f@cking dragonborn! That doesn’t need a story, that game is telling YOU THAT YOU HAVE A **** DRAGON SOUL AND YOU ARE GONNA KILL THE BAD DRAGONS THAT WANTS THE WORLD TO END!

How that does sound to you? Huh? Tell me?

I play videogames since I was 4 years old, I started with Atari, I had master system, NES, SNES, genesis, neo geo, ps1, ps2, N64, I played in pc,
    and yes, Half Life 2 is my favorite pc game of all time, and it is in my top 10. Well, I still have my 360 and I still play skyrim sometimes, even after 5 years…

Now I am playing Dark Should 3, and while this is probably the best game in this year (2016), because that is how I feel about these year titles, I still have the felling of game of decade when thinking about Skyrim!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is not only BY FAR the best of the very competitive 7th console generation (Portal 2, Batman AC, Uncharted, Gears of War, Modern Warfare etc etc etc…) Skyrim is one of the best games ever made! It tops Mario, it tops Castlevania SOTN, it tops any FF, it tops Chrono saga, Skyrim is in the same level as the old marios and zeldas, I am absolutely sure that Bethesda probably will never ever make an Elder Scrolls like these, except if a Skyrim continuation would come out, bringing at least the same things we just saw at this phenomenal masterpiece.
  2. May 22, 2016
    This game is amazing . This game is one of the best game of 2011 . This game has got one of the best storyline in videogame of 2011 and pretty good graphics . This game very addictive and it makes you forget external world . In this game many different enemies eg Big Spider and many different weapon eg sword or bow with arrows . This game very interesting and tightening . Amazing .
  3. Apr 24, 2016
    Skyrim is a near perfect game. With 100's of hours of content packed into a huge map it is one of my favourite games of all time. You can play this game however you want, with loads of factions to join and do quests for. With out a doubt a worthy purchase for all
  4. Apr 7, 2016
    Yea there are glitches, but that doesn't stop this game from being an absolute masterpiece. after only 3 hours of play, I realized this is probably the most engrossing game i have ever played. It's amazing how much content is packed into one game. The game extremely addicting, the sound is amazing, the graphics...oh the graphics they are absolutely phenomenal. If you are looking for gameYea there are glitches, but that doesn't stop this game from being an absolute masterpiece. after only 3 hours of play, I realized this is probably the most engrossing game i have ever played. It's amazing how much content is packed into one game. The game extremely addicting, the sound is amazing, the graphics...oh the graphics they are absolutely phenomenal. If you are looking for game you can pour hundreds of hours into, Skyrim is for you.I've yet to find anything not to like about this game. The graphics are excellent, the textures are sharp, the models are smooth, the draw distance is beautiful, the load times are incredible - main menu to game in ten seconds! As for the gameplay they've fixed a LOT of what was wrong with previous games, balancing the various playstyles very well and making it all generally a lot of fun. Love the menu system too. Expand
  5. Apr 5, 2016
    Worst videogame EVER made.Boring,graphic is horrible,on 360 Gamma rate is so low that in the "game day" is darker than the "non-in game night"without any tube of lighter on the road...
    framerate too low compared to other REAL action game in first or third person...
    TOO MUCH BUGGED!! Story boring,secondary quest EVEN MORE boring... And,TOO MUCH EASY,absolutely any other challenge is
    TOO MUCH BUGGED!!
    Story boring,secondary quest EVEN MORE boring...
    And,TOO MUCH EASY,absolutely any other challenge is worther than this,for a gamer tha has played before even one title of the genre...
    Much more a commercial excuse to pull on a franchise enough good already with Oblivion...
    guys wake up!This game is ONE OF THE MAIN REASON for the death of the videogame world of before:game from the Japan.And a game only for REAL FANATIC fans of the Western RPG genre...
    there are much more better Western RPG than this:on this site is impossible to not find something better than this "game"...
    I wonder how is possibile that exist even a person in the world that can find this game playable for more than 5 hours...
  6. Mar 31, 2016
    Defo one of the best Elder Scrolls games of all. Hell one of the best games of all time. It manages to do what Morrowind and Oblivion did so well and introduces more. They say any game with Dragons is an awesome game but this goes so much further.
  7. Mar 24, 2016
    Epic. Spectacular. Breath-taking. Dragons. I could go on with words that can sum up this game, but what I will say is if there is ANYONE who hasn't played Skyrim yet then they will have no idea how open-world a game can be. A gorgeous landscape with quests left, right and centre, Skyrim immerses you in a world unlike any other, and throws everything at you until you're begging for evenEpic. Spectacular. Breath-taking. Dragons. I could go on with words that can sum up this game, but what I will say is if there is ANYONE who hasn't played Skyrim yet then they will have no idea how open-world a game can be. A gorgeous landscape with quests left, right and centre, Skyrim immerses you in a world unlike any other, and throws everything at you until you're begging for even more.

Also, did I mention dragons? Dragons.
  8. Mar 10, 2016
    For a guy who's not really that into Roleplaying games, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim captured my attention. This game is amazing. You get to create your own character pick, to the near fullest. Being a human, elf, Reptile etc. There's so much to get into. There's a lot of quest, missions and the world feels alive. People go to sleep, if you kill them they're dead forever, you can go toFor a guy who's not really that into Roleplaying games, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim captured my attention. This game is amazing. You get to create your own character pick, to the near fullest. Being a human, elf, Reptile etc. There's so much to get into. There's a lot of quest, missions and the world feels alive. People go to sleep, if you kill them they're dead forever, you can go to jail, break into houses, etc. The game has it's bug now and then, but they're not really major and the character models look pretty terrible, but won't stop me from giving a perfect score. Well done, Bethesda Softworks. Expand
  9. Mar 1, 2016
    the best game i have ever played the main quest line is decent the combat is good all the other quests are good the skill and perk system is very good the enemies are good and he dlc's are fantastic
  10. Feb 25, 2016
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim solidifies Bethesda studios as the Coppola of gaming. Following the RPG juggernauts of Oblivion and Fallout 3, Skyrim transcends the past norms established by its predecessors proves itself as a masterfully constructed open world experience that offers copious hours of gameplay and an incorruptible lasting appeal. Skyrim simply is the pinnacle of the fantasyThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim solidifies Bethesda studios as the Coppola of gaming. Following the RPG juggernauts of Oblivion and Fallout 3, Skyrim transcends the past norms established by its predecessors proves itself as a masterfully constructed open world experience that offers copious hours of gameplay and an incorruptible lasting appeal. Skyrim simply is the pinnacle of the fantasy genre in this medium of entertainment, much like The Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones. Expand
  11. Feb 20, 2016
    This game is just absolutely breathtaking. Skyrim is one of the best RPGS i have ever played and after 4 years of playing this game i always find something new to do when playing it. This game just goes to show that singleplayer games should never die. There is just nothing negative i can say about this masterpiece other than be prepared to take up many hours of your life playing this game.
  12. Jan 27, 2016
    an amazing game full with things to do and things to explore. the only thing that holds it back from being perfect are the number of glitches. but besides that you should really play this game.
  13. Jan 26, 2016
    This game is amazing! The story is outstanding with very deep and enriching lore and even more with the addition of many books, the combat was very diverse and you could be as creative as you want with what weapons you choose to fight with; you could dual wield swords/knives/axes/maces or dual one sword and have a magic spell or have both hands using magic or shield and a magic hand orThis game is amazing! The story is outstanding with very deep and enriching lore and even more with the addition of many books, the combat was very diverse and you could be as creative as you want with what weapons you choose to fight with; you could dual wield swords/knives/axes/maces or dual one sword and have a magic spell or have both hands using magic or shield and a magic hand or staff and shield or magic hand and staff or a mace and staff or just classic sword and shield or you could use a two-handed weapon! The quests that you complete are very rewarding with the loot in chests and in the game you can play how you want to play: do this mission first or go to that cave second, or get this item before you do that quest. You can play as any class you like to with immersive gear that you can equip. Be a mage, or a warrior, or a thief! many great side quests that take place in various places in Skyrim like the holds or join a faction guild (Dark Brotherhood/Companions, Thieves Guild/ College of Winterhold) . The amount of quests in this game will keep you playing for over 60 hours! Huge amount of content and with the addition of the DLC. There are many different types of enemies that you come across throughout the game from bandits to dragon priests! The amount of design that has been put in the world is just spectacular which just adds to the game's excellence! Most of the Characters that you meet have interesting backstories to them and very rich dialogue. Overall, this game is fantastic! Not to mention the superb re-playability, and the many races you can customize your character with that have an additional feature to them that will help later in the game, ie: Nords have 50% frost resistance. The only problem is the bugs and glitches, but I would not count that as a flaw because every game has bugs and glitches and this one managed well with them for an open world game! Expand
  14. Jan 23, 2016
    Cada vez que tengo la oportunidad de entrar en su mundo, me atrapa como ningún otro juego lo a conseguido jamás. Skyrim no es perfecto, tiene un montón de fallos gráficos, el rendimiento en xbox deja mucho que desear y hay bugs que te destrozan toda la experiencia en un golpe; pero aún así, tiene algo tan especial que sigues queriendo estar ahí.
    Un mundo abierto sin obstáculos que te
    Un mundo abierto sin obstáculos que te bloqueen tu camino, en el que puedes ver paisajes increíbles y lugares sacados de una fantasía medieval muy en la linea de Tolkíen o Salvatore. El sistema de combate es tosco y algo arcaico y creo que se podría haber mejorado muchísimo, pues no tiene mucha ciencia, solo consiste en pegar hostias a ton ni son.
    La música creo que perfecta, sabe sumergirte perfectamente en su mundo y bueno...La canción del titulo ya se han convertido en un tema mítico dentro de los videojuegos.
    No quiero enrollarme mucho más en esta review, solo dar mi pequeña opinión sobre un titulo que si, no es perfecto, pero que a mi me enamoro desde el primer instante en el que jugué a él, y creo que eso es lo más importante en este mundo de los videojuegos.
  15. Jan 22, 2016
    After about an hour of playing Skyrim it had become one of my favourite games of all time. The visuals are breathtaking, story is in depth and investing and the soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks I've heard. It's rare to come across a game that is so big but still manages to provide the player with amazing graphics. There's so much to do in this game to ensure you don't fall in toAfter about an hour of playing Skyrim it had become one of my favourite games of all time. The visuals are breathtaking, story is in depth and investing and the soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks I've heard. It's rare to come across a game that is so big but still manages to provide the player with amazing graphics. There's so much to do in this game to ensure you don't fall in to the route of going from story quest to story quest with no time to immerse yourself and you'll still have plenty to do once your finish the main story. The only thing that is holding me back from giving it a full 10/10 is the glitches upon release and the side quests not feeling as well thought out as the main story. Overall, this is a great game and I had so much fun playing it on release way back in 2011. I'm sure Bethesda's next Elder Scrolls instalment will be just as great. Expand
  16. Dec 29, 2015
    Skyrim! Für mich der Start in das Elder Scrolls Universum und in die Welt der westlichen RPG´s. Vor diesem Spiel waren bei mir nur JRPG´s im Regal.

Als ich das Spiel startete war ich sofort in dieser immersiven Welt gefangen. Nach insgesamt 1200 Stunden Spielzeit kann ich sagen: Zusammen mit ESO:TU ist Skyrim einer meiner All-Time Favorite´s im Elder Scrolls Universum und auch in meiner Spielesammlung!

Demnächst wird ein Highend PC gebaut und dann nochmal 1200 Stunden in einem gemoddeten Skyrim verbracht! :D :D
  17. Dec 18, 2015
    This is one of the best open world games have ever played. You can do anything you want from fighting dragons to even building your own house. The story line is not great but everything else is awesome!
  18. Nov 30, 2015
    I can't believe how much people LOVE this game. It was a broken mess one of the first things I saw was a mammoth falling from the sky. Then my friend came over to help me with the game and showed me how to glitch up a mountain and how to open a chest out of thin air.
  19. Nov 27, 2015
    Probably one of the best games out there. The game is massive with so many things to do and explore, and many other features that makes this game so great. The game takes place in a fantasy middle age land known as Skyrim, with the population terrified of the returning Dragons. Only one individual ( your character ) chosen as the big hero known as Dragonborn can save Skyrim, a journey fullProbably one of the best games out there. The game is massive with so many things to do and explore, and many other features that makes this game so great. The game takes place in a fantasy middle age land known as Skyrim, with the population terrified of the returning Dragons. Only one individual ( your character ) chosen as the big hero known as Dragonborn can save Skyrim, a journey full of adventure awaits you. So many abandoned dungeons and fortresses to explore, factions to join, and skills to learn. But like any other good game out there it does have some glitches and bugs. But really all I can tell you is that if you are interested in RPG's or open world games, Skyrim is definitely a game you should buy. WARNING be sure to have no life before you buy. Expand
  20. Oct 26, 2015
    To avoid any TL;DR issues with this review, take this away if nothing else: Skyrim is with little doubt THE best RPG of the last console generation, and it certainly is one of, if not THE, best games overall of that console generation.

The best praise that can be given to any game, but especially to an RPG, is that four whole years after its release, there still is a desire to go back to it and see what other things I missed in my two previous playthroughs (probably no less than 300 hours in total).

The only reasons I can think of as to why someone would not enjoy this game are that they do not enjoy games that require a large time investment (which this certainly does if you want to see the best of it); think fantasy settings are too cheesy/nerdy/uninteresting; or have played Bethesda games before and know that they aren't their cup of tea. If you have played any previous Elder Scrolls or Fallout game and come away feeling underwhelmed, you'd probably feel the same way with Skyrim.

But if none of the above apply to you and you haven't played this game...why are you reading this and not borrowing it or buying a digital copy?!?!

It has an enormous, beautiful, and in no way empty open world to explore. It has an engaging main quest with a fulfilling ending, excellent side quests to distract you from the main quest, and excellent DLCs that add not only content but features that extend the viability of the game (i.e. Legendary skills which essentially negate the base Level Cap). Like magic? There's plenty of that if you want it. Don't like magic? I never did, but you could almost certainly go through a whole playthrough without it.

This game is one of maybe five on my short list of 360 games I will go back and play around with after upgrading to an Xbox One. Play it if you haven't yet!
  21. Oct 20, 2015
    This game is unbelievable. Hours upon hours of quests and other gameplay. Could play this game for hours and not get bored. Only issue is that sometimes it gets a bit glitchy and I am unable to do/complete a quest.
  22. Oct 19, 2015
    Skyrim is amazing. Period. I remember clocking in hundreds of hours and still having plenty of content to experience.

Graphics: +2/2
    Story: +2/2
    Mechanics: +2/2
    Replay-ability: +2/2
    DLC: +2/2
  23. Sep 14, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an outstanding videogame, and although there is enough content to keep you playing for dozens, maybe hundreds of hours, it does suffer from some flaws that become apparent the more you play. However, if you are able to become immersed in Skyrim, which isn't very difficult, you will have one of the best videogame experiences of the Seventh Gaming Generation.The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an outstanding videogame, and although there is enough content to keep you playing for dozens, maybe hundreds of hours, it does suffer from some flaws that become apparent the more you play. However, if you are able to become immersed in Skyrim, which isn't very difficult, you will have one of the best videogame experiences of the Seventh Gaming Generation.

The story of Skyrim follows your fully customisable characters, and after escaping execution you are free to follow a variety of storylines. The rich history of the lands of Skyrim will keep you talking to locals and finding out more. Very early on in the game you discover you are the legendary 'Dragonborn', meaning you have the ability to absorb dragon's souls you have killed, and use dragon powers like shouting, which creates a forcefield-like effect, clearing any enemies in your path. Perhaps the best feature of this game is that you can kill almost anyone and anything, even so-called 'friendlies'. If one of them gave me a task of trecking seven thousand miles across dangerous terrain to fight dozens of evil demons in abandoned cave-systems, I could (and usually would) get out my sword and slice and slice until they stopped moving. Providing you can kill the surrounding guards, it's great fun.

The gameplay is on the whole exceptional, but falls flat at times. The first few times battling a dragon is great because you aren't very powerful and they are. But once you get to level 18 or higher you can just take potshots at it from behind a rock whilst downing health potions. Everytime you level up you can do two things; first you must choose to increase your health, majicka or stamina. Then you must choose a specific topic to upgrade. These range from pickpocketing to archers, one-handed weapons to two-handed. There's about a two dozen in total. The map in Skyrim is a strength. You will spend just hours out of missions just exploring every inch of it, battling giants, spiders and FRICKIN' MAMMOTHS. BGE! You can't ride them though. Sad face, although there are rideable horses. Semi sad face.

In conclusion, despite Skyrim's many many flaws it is a very strong game. The RPG elements are accessible to new-comers to the genre (like me) and it's a game I can see myself putting many more hours into it. 8/10.
  24. Aug 27, 2015
    This is a god in the world of gaming. The story was great, combat worked well, graphics were beautiful, it pretty much had just about everything I like in a game. (really is a 9.9/10 because nothing is truly perfect, but they don't have it so I marked it 10/10)
  25. Jun 25, 2015
    Simply perfect.
    Perfect story, perfect art, perfect atmosphere, perfect soundtrack.
    All the good things cover the bad ones.
    No multiplayer and the several glitches.
  26. Jun 24, 2015
    This game is worth it on Xbox360, PC, and now PS3. It is the best game ever. Its even the Greatest Hits. Its definitely a "Must Play" game. It also has very good reviews Like 10/10, 9.5/10, 9/10, 5/5, 4.5/5, to me its definitely a 10/10, it earns a very good score. it also won over 200 GOTY awards and its also a GOTY on 2011, its also the best game of all time. If you haven't played.This game is worth it on Xbox360, PC, and now PS3. It is the best game ever. Its even the Greatest Hits. Its definitely a "Must Play" game. It also has very good reviews Like 10/10, 9.5/10, 9/10, 5/5, 4.5/5, to me its definitely a 10/10, it earns a very good score. it also won over 200 GOTY awards and its also a GOTY on 2011, its also the best game of all time. If you haven't played. You got to do it now. Its those games you MUST play before you die. Its a 400 hours game. Its amazing. Its fantastic. The problem is it still does lags a little bit but not so much as the old days, and plus it doesn't crash anymore. Its one of those fighting, RPG, and kind of like fantasy, medieval, and Viking times. Its really good. You should play this game NOW. Expand
  27. Jun 22, 2015
    Sombody ask the skyrim makers to add free multiplayer and coop. It make it 1000 times more better.....................................................
  28. Jun 19, 2015
    This game is incredible, you must buy it if you don't already have it. There is an endless amount of fun things to do and addictive gameplay to keep you occupied. It is not only one of the best RPGs of the decade but one of the best RPGs of all time. The soundtrack is the best iv'e ever heard in a video game also. This is a must-own. You will be playing this for hours and hours. This gameThis game is incredible, you must buy it if you don't already have it. There is an endless amount of fun things to do and addictive gameplay to keep you occupied. It is not only one of the best RPGs of the decade but one of the best RPGs of all time. The soundtrack is the best iv'e ever heard in a video game also. This is a must-own. You will be playing this for hours and hours. This game makes other games look puny compared to this. Expand
  29. Jun 15, 2015
    Potentially a great game but to me. It collapses under its own weight due to the number of bugs and problems lying in it. Most of the features are basic and functional but there wasn't really 1 individual exceptional feature in the game. More like, A whole load of features put together into a giant project.

The graphics are beautiful and maybe to medieval RPG fans this would be

The graphics are beautiful and maybe to medieval RPG fans this would be exceptionally good but as someone who doesn't like too many Medieval Games. I cant exactly recommend it and I didn't enjoy it either.

I played the game because people were basically yelling at me to play this game and said if I didn't like those kinds of games I'd still enjoy it. I clearly didnt
  30. Jun 14, 2015
    Music 10/10 Beautiful, magical, perfectly evolves with the gameplay
    Voice acting 2/10 Awful. Voices don't match the era and style of the game. Conversations sound clunky and unnatural.
    Visuals 9/10 Stunning. Epic landscapes and buildings. People and creatures have lots of attention to detail. Script and story line 5/10 Corny and unoriginal. Not helped by terrible character interaction
    Music 10/10 Beautiful, magical, perfectly evolves with the gameplay
    Script and story line 5/10 Corny and unoriginal. Not helped by terrible character interaction mechanics.
    Weapons and armour 9/10 Huge variety and customisation. Great design and animations.
    Combat 8/10 Varied and exciting. Although the menu system is fiddly.
    Free form play 8/10 Loads of exploration and random world events to keep a wanderer on the road.
  31. Jun 6, 2015
    Basically Fallout 3 in a fantasy Elder Scrolls world. Boring story, Uninteresting characters (NPCs) and poor combat. Still a massive open world with lots stuff to do. The thing that saves the is modding without mods this is totally an uninteresting game to play. Nowhere near Morrowwind
  32. May 23, 2015
    One of the best first-person action / RPG games I ever played (and yes, still playing since 2011). It seems it never ends (almost). The world is more than vast, the action is fantastic, the graphics (in most landscapes) are spectacular, the skills are exceptional and the music is plain epic! OK, as an open-world game, it surely has its "bad" moments (glitches, some minor slowdowns,One of the best first-person action / RPG games I ever played (and yes, still playing since 2011). It seems it never ends (almost). The world is more than vast, the action is fantastic, the graphics (in most landscapes) are spectacular, the skills are exceptional and the music is plain epic! OK, as an open-world game, it surely has its "bad" moments (glitches, some minor slowdowns, occasional clipping etc), BUT....I must say that these issues do not negate the whole experience. If you haven't tried this game, it's never too late. Try it now. XONE and PS4 are already here but I don't give a sh*t! I'm still playing Skyrim. I give it a 9 because perfection can never be achieved. Cheers.
    (retroshowcase.gr)
  33. May 21, 2015
    Skyrim is such a deep and massive game that there's no way to talk about every aspect of it without writing a book. There are so many locations to explore and so many side quests to complete it's stunning. There's a deep crafting system and leveling system as well as story-altering decisions that make this game stand out as a pretty fantastic RPG. The combat is a little clunky but it stillSkyrim is such a deep and massive game that there's no way to talk about every aspect of it without writing a book. There are so many locations to explore and so many side quests to complete it's stunning. There's a deep crafting system and leveling system as well as story-altering decisions that make this game stand out as a pretty fantastic RPG. The combat is a little clunky but it still works well. You can spend hundreds of hours hunting dragons,, exploring dungeons, etc. in this game and the main story is pretty epic (along with the soundtrack).
    Now for the negative. As close as I was to giving this game a 9/10, I gave it an 8/10 instead due to its long loading times (up to a full minute), frequent freeze-ups when exploring that sometimes last around ten seconds, glitches, and other aggravating elements (such as stage 4 vampirism where everyone wants to kill you and it's very difficult to get rid of).
    Ultimately, it's a great action-RPG and if you haven't already played it, do so if you like the genre in the least. There's just so much to enjoy about it. If you can get past the technical issues, you'll love it.
  34. May 17, 2015
    I mean really, how can you say no to Skyrim. You got a ton of choices how do you want to play this game. After you finish the game, you just can't stop. Thiefs guild, companions and millions of other things to do. Well deserved 10/10.
  35. May 13, 2015
    Visuals
    The graphics on Skyrim are good, but are not anything outstanding. The incredible size of the open world and the sheer amount of detail more than make up for this. 9.6/10.
    Story The main story in Skyrim in great, with many epic and awesome moments to be had, such as slaying your first dragon. The lore is just insane. It is packed into books and dialogue, and makes the player
    Visuals

Story
    The main story in Skyrim in great, with many epic and awesome moments to be had, such as slaying your first dragon. The lore is just insane. It is packed into books and dialogue, and makes the player feel like they are actually in a living world with history. What I liked even more than the main story was the dark brotherhood quest-line. There are many surprises and it is very emotional. There is an amazing amount of side-quests, with the entire package taking up about 300 hours for me. 10/10.
    Gameplay
    In Skyrim, there are three different play-styles; the warrior, the archer, and the mage. Inside of each play-style lay dozens of sub-classes, such as the arch-mage or full on warrior. There is also stealth for some levels, but it is not very good. If you want a great stealth game, play Dishonored. These play-styles are acquired through natural progression; there are no classes, when you do an action it levels up that skill category. The combat system, however good, can feel a bit lofty at some times. 9.3/10.
  36. Apr 20, 2015
    Skyrim is not the greatest thing ever is a average game because of the load times and glitches but if you can get past the load times and bugs its a polished game I recommend the pc version or oblivion GOTY if you don't have a pc that can run skyrim
  37. Apr 18, 2015
    i dont know why people like this game. I mean, it is beautifull and "deep" but the actual gameplay is so slow. The swords feel like they are made of a 1 ton metal or something. The pasing of the game is slow too. You will find yourself more time in loading screens that actually playing. All the caves are the same and all the swords feel the same. Oh and there is no actual challenge, youi dont know why people like this game. I mean, it is beautifull and "deep" but the actual gameplay is so slow. The swords feel like they are made of a 1 ton metal or something. The pasing of the game is slow too. You will find yourself more time in loading screens that actually playing. All the caves are the same and all the swords feel the same. Oh and there is no actual challenge, you can literary complete the game with one hand. the spells are for the most part the same. There is no actual plot to the game. and the "decitions" u make doesnt matter at all. Expand
  38. Apr 16, 2015
    (Played on Xbox 360, published by Bethesda Soft works, Developed by Bethesda Game Studio)
    Skyrim is a land torn in two by civil war between a Jarl and his people that fight for the tradition and freedom of Skyrim, and an Emperor that wants to rule with order and throw away with the traditions of Skyrim’s people. Roamed by peddlers, camped by vampires, giants, and orcs, and wandered by frost trolls, Skyrim is a beautiful game. Not just because of the relaxing and breathtaking aurora filled nights, but because it met and surpassed what I thought this game would turn out to be.
    From the very beginning of the game to the very end I was hooked. The length of this game is literally infinite. Once I completed the main story I found myself back in the game doing side quests, joining more factions, purchasing 20+ hours more of DLC, and fighting even more powerful dragons. Oh yeah, there’s DRAGONS! The cinematic graphics are not any different whatsoever than the in-game graphics. And no matter what, you’re always in first person view during cinematics. I didn’t mind that, I felt more involved within what was going on, like I was part of it.
    While the game has many hook, line, and sinkers, it does have its flaws. I’d like to see more auto-save points in the game. From what I can tell you auto-save after every loading screen. Pointless if you’re on a long trek and you get ambushed, and again pointless to manually save because you’re already in the fight. Also, being underground can get quite dark. If they added “You should bring a torch with you” to some dialogue it’d save me some torch-getting time and my happy ass would be...well happy. BUGS AND GLITCHES! All of us know that Bethesda is famous for their glitch and bugged games, but sometimes that’s the price you pay for having created some of the biggest games in existence. I say that because no doubt every Bethesda game I’ve played (Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, and Skyrim) has been open world and with a long story and tons of side quests. But yes, this game does have bugs and glitches if that message hasn’t hit you yet. Also I wish the weather in most places changed seasonally to the game clock, that one’s just me though.
    The locations of the game vary from sunken pirate ships, a college on an elevated ice platform over the ocean, vast valleys as far as the eye can see, to tombs where an undead skeleton king (or 3 of them) awaits your demise, random houses where scruffy dog becomes your ally, to going to heaven…literally. Skyrim has more to offer than just its views though. I plunged headfirst into each little (or huge) side quest that I could find. Just about every time I ended with a smile on my face or a new piece of awesome equipment. Exploring on its own has many rewards besides the sights. That’s how you discover just about everything in Skyrim, by exploring. That’s also usually when you get into your dragon fights and harvest their…(not going to ruin it). Caves, ships, random mages blowing themselves sky-high are just a few of what exploring has to offer. Although there are many times I wish I had a super jump ability, climbing those mountains jumping repeatedly to get to a tough spot or through a shortcut is a real **** But not everything can be handed to you I guess.
    If I could rate Skyrim it’d be good high 9. Reason I’d rate it that high is A) I’m a single-player game lover, especially sandbox games. Skyrim literally perfected that besides the glitches. B) I find myself immersed into this game while I played, which I can say for very few other games, if any at all. The sounds, sights, people, and immediate surroundings all seemed so real. All it needs is a little smell vent to pump out the wine and bread smells at the inns. And C) The dark brotherhood quest **** I loved them in oblivion but this took it to a whole other level with the 50x better graphics. I would and did replay this game, and I’d do so again. The replay value of this game is high. If you beat it and want to further advance your character, you can do that. You can also increase the difficulty. Tell yo friends.
  39. Feb 23, 2015
    It is not often I get lost in a game like I did with Skyrim. Everything about this game is adventurous. While Bethesda hasn't exactly got a track record for delivering bug-free games at launch, this has been a pleasant, polished and amazing experience so far.
  40. Feb 21, 2015
    Skyrim has to be my favorite game of all time! When it first came out, I didn't play it. I had never played an Elder Scrolls game, and thought that the series sucked though I knew nothing about it. However, after just sitting down and watching it unfold I realized just how amazing the amount of detail and advanced AI was put into this game. I've logged months of play time on at least 40Skyrim has to be my favorite game of all time! When it first came out, I didn't play it. I had never played an Elder Scrolls game, and thought that the series sucked though I knew nothing about it. However, after just sitting down and watching it unfold I realized just how amazing the amount of detail and advanced AI was put into this game. I've logged months of play time on at least 40 different profiles, each vastly different from the other. Every time I play this game I find something new, something not encountered on my other plays, be it a hidden boss or random encounter. I will continue to enjoy this superb games for years to come, even as its graphics continue to age and the time between the release of the Elder Scrolls Online and the Elder Scrolls 6 is nearer than ever before. Expand
  41. Jan 28, 2015
    Skyrim is the best game Ive ever played. Its been out for about four years now and im still playing it. I dont know how anyone could write a bad review about this game. Honestly, i keep waiting for another RPG to come out that compares or is better but unfortunately has not happend. Dragon Age-Fail, Witcher-Fail, Fallout and Farcry-Actually I like Fallout and the Farcry series but thereSkyrim is the best game Ive ever played. Its been out for about four years now and im still playing it. I dont know how anyone could write a bad review about this game. Honestly, i keep waiting for another RPG to come out that compares or is better but unfortunately has not happend. Dragon Age-Fail, Witcher-Fail, Fallout and Farcry-Actually I like Fallout and the Farcry series but there still not as good as Skyrim. As a matter of fact I only just created this account today so i could set the record straight about Dragon Age: Inquisition (second worst game ive ever played). I digress, Skyrim is, put simply, the best game you can buy and has been for four years. Expand
  42. Jan 25, 2015
    No matter what those bad reviews say this game is amazing the fact that some people think it has bad graphics is sad people saying "you don't directly affect the game world" are also wrong you can change the game world picking a side in a war winning that war changing the entire economy the gameplay is flawless as well and there are some glitches but not the game breaking type the typeNo matter what those bad reviews say this game is amazing the fact that some people think it has bad graphics is sad people saying "you don't directly affect the game world" are also wrong you can change the game world picking a side in a war winning that war changing the entire economy the gameplay is flawless as well and there are some glitches but not the game breaking type the type that makes laugh when you see it like a floating horse or a giant whacking you into outer space. The only thing i absolutely hate is how much this game crashes the only solution is save every time you do something important so you don't have to start over. all in all this is a great game. Expand
  43. Jan 22, 2015
    I hated skyrim at first BUT GIVE IT A CHANCE. Seriously. I did not like this game but after watching my cousin playing it bc i wouldn't. I started to find that this game is a masterpiece after watching my cousin kill the first dragon i was hooked. I started to play and we switched turns when someone died. Massive world, awesome fiction world that has a whole lot of ancient mythicalI hated skyrim at first BUT GIVE IT A CHANCE. Seriously. I did not like this game but after watching my cousin playing it bc i wouldn't. I started to find that this game is a masterpiece after watching my cousin kill the first dragon i was hooked. I started to play and we switched turns when someone died. Massive world, awesome fiction world that has a whole lot of ancient mythical creatures and gods. This game has so much to do! very fun, very addictive. Expand
  44. Jan 14, 2015
    The only flaw was in the opening scenario the hints came up at the most inconvenient time, while if play it at low difficulties it's not too bad but at legendary it can be fatal, even if you have played it several times.
  45. Dec 30, 2014
    This is the funnest game i have ever played it is a super good game if you don't have it you have to get it and it a 10 out of 10. This game also has a great graphics probably best of its time. you have to get it.
  46. Dec 18, 2014
    The big problem with Skyrim is that while it does contain a lot of hours of gameplay, that gameplay isn't very interesting. No story or characters to care about and all the quests are just fetch quests. Quests just for the purpose of quests isn't my idea of fun. The combat is extremely repetitive for a game that you're supposed to play for hours and hours and hours. There is some fun to beThe big problem with Skyrim is that while it does contain a lot of hours of gameplay, that gameplay isn't very interesting. No story or characters to care about and all the quests are just fetch quests. Quests just for the purpose of quests isn't my idea of fun. The combat is extremely repetitive for a game that you're supposed to play for hours and hours and hours. There is some fun to be had exploring the world and upgrading your character BUT then the longer you play the more bugs start to surface. The one bug that is the worst is the more you play, the more you alter the world, the bigger the save game gets, and the more the game freezes. So even though the world is very big and you have a lot to explore, you can't do it! By the time you explore everything you're savegame is so big that the game keeps freezing and crashing. I played the legendary edition so by now all the updates should have fixed this. Expand
  47. Dec 3, 2014
    Lets start off saying this game is pretty good. I would say its a 10 by no means. The graphics are stunning along with the game play but the story was definately lacking... If you like games that have no story and have a ton of action and quests with free roaming then you will think this is a 10. But if you want a deep story to keep you in the game then wait till its 20 dollars or less toLets start off saying this game is pretty good. I would say its a 10 by no means. The graphics are stunning along with the game play but the story was definately lacking... If you like games that have no story and have a ton of action and quests with free roaming then you will think this is a 10. But if you want a deep story to keep you in the game then wait till its 20 dollars or less to buy. The character customization with specs and professions are also pretty sub par compaired to most top rpg games. There are a few interesting combinations like the a stealthy archer that controls undead but not enough to have alot of replay value to it... Expand
  48. Nov 14, 2014
    Fantastic game. In my top 3 games of all time. The world scale, skills, spells, story, vista views, and music score add up to a game no one should miss regardless of platform.
    Get this game and every official DLC. You will spend 100s of hours immersed in the world of northern Tamriel and thoroughly enjoy it.
  49. Nov 9, 2014
    Skyrim is not an ordinary video game the only places this game stumbles is in its glitches and story telling. Its dynamic enough to suit any player and theres so much to do you will probably never find a reason to stop playing skyrim.
  50. Nov 9, 2014
    A masterpiece. You will not regret your purchase of Skyrim, the only reason it's a 9/10 and not 10/10 is because there are far too many glitches present in the game. However, these glitches are usually minute and will only rarely impact on your game.
  51. Nov 4, 2014
    Skyrim is an amazing open world game which offers the player beautiful visuals, intriguing creatures, and an amazing storyline. Skyrim is able to keep its player in for hours on end.
  52. Nov 1, 2014
    First let me start with saying that Skyrim's combat is sh*t. It takes away the feeling that you are developing a character, that you help contribute to your character, that this is Your character. I am talking about investing points into Agility and seeing your character hit more often, those sort of things that create attachment to the game. Skyrim lacks the attachment part because asFirst let me start with saying that Skyrim's combat is sh*t. It takes away the feeling that you are developing a character, that you help contribute to your character, that this is Your character. I am talking about investing points into Agility and seeing your character hit more often, those sort of things that create attachment to the game. Skyrim lacks the attachment part because as long as You have the skills, You can do anything (from picking master locks, to hitting every time with the bow) which leaves you without a reason to care for this world, no attachment...

In Skyrim earlier perks completely say 'FU' to the difficulty and the need of finding better gear by giving you more damage, less mana requirements for spell usage (some perks are good).

Why Morrowind is better: from finding your own way via reading the journal, to more interesting architecture, more diverse and interesting locations, better made dungeons, better weapons, armor and loot, loot with value (for example glass or daedric loot was nearly impossible to sell due to its high value (1 daedric bolt is 4000 gold!)), more diverse and interesting magics, better and deeper stories, harder and more interesting puzzles (lockpicking was level based and if your Security skill was low forget about lvl100 Master locks unless with a magic scroll), harsher consequences for your actions and therefore more choices (you can kill anyone for example plot characters rendering the main plot impossible to complete unless you reloaded a save or found some other way; also NPCs were interesting because you could do more with them - if you were to increase the disposition of an NPC and your Personality was high enough you might find newer quests for example and new dialog. NPCs would offend you if they didnt like you and shopkeepers wont barter with you if you had items they disapproved like Skooma; if you had no stamina and were under attack you would fall to the ground unable to act until some stamina comes back).
  53. Oct 30, 2014
    I find this game overrated. How can a game get so many 10 out of 10s when there are so many glitches? I have been stuck in walls and other annoying stuff like that.
  54. Oct 27, 2014
    So, So,So, So,So, So,So, So,So, So,So, So,So, So,So, So,So, So,So, So, SO, good! Makes other games look silly and completely gets away with a fairly repetitive mission structure by being so darn immersive.
  55. Sep 23, 2014
    This game incorporates every single element that diversifies a game and brings it up front for all to experience. The joy I've had with this game is immense and no other will be quite like it. The graphics are incredible for the time of release, the gameplay is excellent with plenty of varied things you must do to succeed. An open world setting is difficult to perfect, but, as usual,This game incorporates every single element that diversifies a game and brings it up front for all to experience. The joy I've had with this game is immense and no other will be quite like it. The graphics are incredible for the time of release, the gameplay is excellent with plenty of varied things you must do to succeed. An open world setting is difficult to perfect, but, as usual, Bethesda has revolutionized the genre with this entry. Happy dragon-slaying, fellow Dovahkiins. Fus...Ro Dah! Expand
  56. Sep 12, 2014
    Skyrim is an enjoyable RPG in which one can get themselves lost in for hours on end

Gameplay: 9/10 - Skyrim employs the classic fantasy game formula: level up, collect items, go on quests. It's the usual fantasy RPG style stuff, but Skyrim manages to make it feel fresh and enjoyable. It's kind of hard to describe it in words; you have to play to see what I mean. Visuals: 9/10 - From

Visuals: 9/10 - From long distances to medium distances, textures in this game are some of the best I've seen, but the problem is that if you get too close, you can see bits of pixilation and blurry spots.
    Audio: 10/10 - Nothing is out of place here; everything sounds as it should sound. In-game battle music really changes the tone of combat, while non-combat music makes travelling long distances worthwhile.
    Customisation: 7/10 - Great, but could be better. Add in a more detailed slider for eyes, nose, mouth, (Sims style sliders) maybe? This would add even more customisation choices for an already amazing feature.
    Overall: 9/10 - Skyrim is an amazing piece of art. With superb gameplay and graphics, it's no wonder it's widely considered to be one of the best games ever made.
  57. Aug 19, 2014
    I do not know what is wrong with the PS3 version but I am glad I played it on the Xbox because it is an amazing experience to even watch someone else play this game. Fantastic game and a must play for everyone!
  58. Aug 18, 2014
    Great game filled to the brim with content. Only negative aspect is it has a large amount of bugs. But considering the scope of the game it is largely understandable.
  59. Aug 17, 2014
    10/10 Skyrim is not a game to be missed. In fact, Skyrim is more than a game, it is an experience. Skyrim mixes an interesting story with excellent gameplay and a wide variety of side quests, characters and items. I loved using my shouts and know that I will be pumping in hundreds more hours into this masterpiece.
  60. Aug 13, 2014
    A rare one of a kind game. These games only come once or twice in a generation. Skyrim is a true fantasy epic with a story that involves civil war, dragons, magic, evil and purity. On top of that you have a massive and I mean massive open world to explore. There are hundreds of quests and random events. Some side quests are so detailed it felt like I was playing a moan story line quest.A rare one of a kind game. These games only come once or twice in a generation. Skyrim is a true fantasy epic with a story that involves civil war, dragons, magic, evil and purity. On top of that you have a massive and I mean massive open world to explore. There are hundreds of quests and random events. Some side quests are so detailed it felt like I was playing a moan story line quest. Skyrim has an excellent leveling up system, deep detailed combat with tons of play styles from magic, to knives, to swords, to battle axes, to shouts. so much. This is the ultimate rpg fantasy game. A must play. Expand
  61. Aug 11, 2014
    Skyrim, The fifth Elder Scrolls game............And one of the best video games ever created, EVER. The exploration was very fun and even better using the Dragonborn DLC which makes the game 20x better. The fighting was simple yet funny, and Easter eggs were a fun thing to come across. The other two DLC's (Hearthfire & Dawnguard) added a touch of danger to the game, vampiresSkyrim, The fifth Elder Scrolls game............And one of the best video games ever created, EVER. The exploration was very fun and even better using the Dragonborn DLC which makes the game 20x better. The fighting was simple yet funny, and Easter eggs were a fun thing to come across. The other two DLC's (Hearthfire & Dawnguard) added a touch of danger to the game, vampires --->Dawnguard/ and living on the edge ---> Hearthfire..........The game made no mistake. Thank you Bethesda Softworks for the great game. Expand
  62. Jul 30, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a must have for any RPG fan. There are tons of quests to do and lots of land to explore. All the side quests are very good but the main quest line has a little dullness to it. The graphics and scenery are beautiful but some of the environment can be a little dark and dirty. The music in the game is absolutely amazing and I love listening to it all throughoutThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a must have for any RPG fan. There are tons of quests to do and lots of land to explore. All the side quests are very good but the main quest line has a little dullness to it. The graphics and scenery are beautiful but some of the environment can be a little dark and dirty. The music in the game is absolutely amazing and I love listening to it all throughout my adventure. Character customization is one of the best in any RPG; you can literally play any type of character you want, and you can switch playing styles at any point without making a new character. This is one of the most fun and adventurous games that I have ever played. It’s simply amazing. Expand
  63. Jul 27, 2014
    All I can say to this game is... WOW. Bethesda Softworks blew fans away with this game. From plundering an evil dungeon, to murdering a civilian by candlelight, this is a MASTERPIECE. The graphics are absolutely amazing, and since its an RPG, its your game. You can be honorable, and live to your word, or even a sneaky assassin. The story line is incredible and the DLC make it even better.All I can say to this game is... WOW. Bethesda Softworks blew fans away with this game. From plundering an evil dungeon, to murdering a civilian by candlelight, this is a MASTERPIECE. The graphics are absolutely amazing, and since its an RPG, its your game. You can be honorable, and live to your word, or even a sneaky assassin. The story line is incredible and the DLC make it even better. BUY THIS GAME Expand
  64. Jul 23, 2014
    This is easily a game that can absorb alot of your time and you can play it two or three times over and there is literally so much in this game that every time you play it feels different. This is the only game I have ever played that actually makes you feel like there are no boundaries. You look at the landscape and there are massive jagged peaks far in the distance across rolling plainsThis is easily a game that can absorb alot of your time and you can play it two or three times over and there is literally so much in this game that every time you play it feels different. This is the only game I have ever played that actually makes you feel like there are no boundaries. You look at the landscape and there are massive jagged peaks far in the distance across rolling plains and the best part about it is that this is in most cases not some generated background as it is in most games. You can actually go explore those mountains. The map is massive and some of the most exciting part of the game is seriously traversing from one town to another. This is one of those games everybody should play once or thrice:) Expand
  65. Jul 20, 2014
    This game is HUGE (Open world) it's combat system is fun. Has lots to do, and improving your skills is more than just leveling up. If you sneak your sneak improves. The best RPG EVER. It's my favorite game of all time.
  66. Jul 20, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim might just be the best RPG of all time. Heck, it IS the best, In every aspect. The world is as stunning as it is massive, the combat is great, the voice acting's pretty good, and it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to completely run out of things to do. You can help people, hunt, kill monsters, find a powerful relic, start a family, and change the course of this massiveThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim might just be the best RPG of all time. Heck, it IS the best, In every aspect. The world is as stunning as it is massive, the combat is great, the voice acting's pretty good, and it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to completely run out of things to do. You can help people, hunt, kill monsters, find a powerful relic, start a family, and change the course of this massive world's history. Quite honestly, if you are a massive fan of the genre, ( Like I am!) it is massively difficult to pick out something wrong with the game as a whole. The gaming industry has been forever changed by Skyrim. Expand
  67. Jul 14, 2014
    Possibly the greatest RPG of all time? I think it probably is for the foreseeable future. I'm writing this review after replaying it a lot and I had forgot that this game came out in 2011. Still magnificent to behold, a rich and deep world that feels a much more real place than Cyrodil (Taking nothing away from Oblivion of course!).
    I feel there isn't much that needs to be said other than
    I feel there isn't much that needs to be said other than if you have ever enjoyed a game with swords, dragons, magic or robbing people blind, play Skyrim.
  68. Jul 5, 2014
    This game is good, but Oblivion was better. Guilds: in Skyrim - 1-hour crappy dull quests, in Oblivion - those quests are large and interesting(i love the final quest of the Thieves Guild). Main Quest - dull in both games. Gameplay - well, in Skyrim your weapon and armor are unbreakable, but auto-leveling are better, BUT. Dragons are too weak, and why the hell you can't block with dualThis game is good, but Oblivion was better. Guilds: in Skyrim - 1-hour crappy dull quests, in Oblivion - those quests are large and interesting(i love the final quest of the Thieves Guild). Main Quest - dull in both games. Gameplay - well, in Skyrim your weapon and armor are unbreakable, but auto-leveling are better, BUT. Dragons are too weak, and why the hell you can't block with dual weapons? World: in Skyrim there are big pretty world... without any quests. Just ugly caves.
    Skyrim is a good game, but a **** sequel.
  69. Jun 28, 2014
    I honestly feel like this is the most overrated game of the last 5 or so years. I played it for a week(about 15 hours of gameplay) and it just wasn't enjoyable and it didn't draw me in at all. I remember playing Fallout 3 for the first time back in 2010 and it drew me in the first couple hours. For me Fallout 3 and New Vegas is just so much more fun to play. It has insane weapons, coolI honestly feel like this is the most overrated game of the last 5 or so years. I played it for a week(about 15 hours of gameplay) and it just wasn't enjoyable and it didn't draw me in at all. I remember playing Fallout 3 for the first time back in 2010 and it drew me in the first couple hours. For me Fallout 3 and New Vegas is just so much more fun to play. It has insane weapons, cool atmosphere, huge world, and an overall a more interesting and appealing ambiance to the Fallout franchise. The only thing Skyrim has going for it is the dragons and graphics in my opinion. Other than that the quests, characters, setting, enemies, and ESPECIALLY combat is boring to me. I do not understand how so many people can play this game for 100+ hours and not get bored out of their mind. Oh and the reason why I compared this Elder Scrolls game to Fallout is because they share some similar qualities and they are made and or published by Bethesda. Expand
  70. Jun 27, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an action adventure-RPG that is completely accessible to all gamers, and easily one of the greatest games ever created. Gamers from all genres will find something to like here, whether it be the incredibly detailed environments and settings, or the intuitive combat and leveling system. Each Dragon encounter is memorable and intense, and that feeling afterThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an action adventure-RPG that is completely accessible to all gamers, and easily one of the greatest games ever created. Gamers from all genres will find something to like here, whether it be the incredibly detailed environments and settings, or the intuitive combat and leveling system. Each Dragon encounter is memorable and intense, and that feeling after taking one down and absorbing its soul is gratifying to say the least. I loved this game, and it winning Spike TV’s 2011 Game of the Year award, was completely warranted and deserved. Kiss real life goodbye, and prepare to lose yourself in the beautiful world of Skyrim! Expand
  71. Jun 27, 2014
    This game is Amazing! Wow, so good.
    Story
    This game is Amazing! Wow, so good.
    Story
    - well there is a main story, elder scrolls games are about lots of stories, different factions to join, armies to battle for skyrim, people to help and punish. The main story is essentially kill the main dragon. Cliche yes but great. You don't play skyrim for it's story, it only provides a backdrop of why your doing stuff. And that's perfectly fine. Doing all these stories and not just one, makes it deeper then anything though.

Gameplay.
    - the most important thing. Well it's great. So many different options, all feel powerful, stealth works well, not 100% realistic but it's a fantsy game after all. The swords and mettle feel heavy, feel powerful, two handed weapons more so. Magic feels powerful and feels like you have total control at your fingertips. Stealth like an Assassin makes you feel dangerous and a professional and a thief makes you feel smart and silent. I have created numinous characters, to try out every style I could think of. And thier all fun. The one I enjoyed the most is conjuration- to create magical swords and summon creatures from oblivion to help and distract, one handed obviously for the bound sword spell, aletartion for magical armor and restoration for healing and ward spells to block breathe attacks from dragons etc. menu system is great, easy to navigate. Oh and Shouts? Their awesome. It adds like a 4th layer of gameplay here, and anyone can use it, and standardly there is 20 of them. To slow time, push enimies, burn them, freeze them etc.

Graphics.
    Looking closely is muddy. But take it as a whole it is great. Due to skyrims massive scale it can't be a crysis level looking game? Maybe with mods, but graphics look great no matter what. Framerate is stable, it can get iffy. Colours are amazing, landscape has so much variety.

Sound.
    Voice acting is great, soundtrack is best I've heard. Weapons, magic, have variations. Shouts are cool.

Content.
    Well this game is practically never ending, but max level is 50 (standard), lots of gear and customisation. I spent thoundands hrs of it. Different characters and such. High replay ability . Very high.

Things I didn't like.
    - sometimes too much walking, got bored, wanted to fight something but nothing's around.
    - glitches, that repeating jumping sound. It's annoying, broken quests. Every 40hrs or so it will freeze.
    - loading screens, some are too long.
    - a lot characters sound same.

Overall a 9.7/10 no game is a 10 nothing is perfect, but this is close. Buy it, download it, mod it what ever just play it.
  72. Jun 26, 2014
    Good game, just good. Nothing more, nothing less.

It does not do anything specifically amazing... or great... just good. Especially compared to the prior games in the series. Oblivion and Morrowind had impeccable writing, design, presentation, and sound. Skyrim relies on its predecessors to make it look good and thats how critics reviewed it. If it did not have Elder Scrolls in its
    Good game, just good. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oblivion and Morrowind had impeccable writing, design, presentation, and sound. Skyrim relies on its predecessors to make it look good and thats how critics reviewed it. If it did not have Elder Scrolls in its title, it would not have been received so well.

The storylines in each of the guilds is very predictable. It was basically, "Which one of the guild members is corrupted and will eventually turn on the guild?"

The sound is not anything to brag about, just recycled songs from previously and what is original is forgettable.

I have ragged on the game quite a bit it still offers a lot of interesting things and some of the quests are quite unique. The daedric quests in particular are really interesting and offer great rewards. The game also has a few interesting characters such as Cicero, a jester in the Dark Brotherhood.

Is it worth buying? Yes, because it offers some good moments and a lot of hours of gameplay however some of those hours feel wasted due to fetch quests. It was not worth $60 however, you could pick up the Legendary Edition now with all the DLC for $30.
  73. Jun 23, 2014
    Was writing some pretty negative reviews, so I thought I would just say, I don't like fantasy games, but this was the best game of all time. If you haven't played it yet, your missing out
  74. Jun 10, 2014
    what can you say about this masterpiece? It is is over 140 hours long, and it is only single-player,(i am more of a single player fan) and it is one of the most epic quests there can ever be, you really want to go on with this game and most importantly your decisions change the gameplay completely.
  75. May 26, 2014
    This game is Amazing. The story is epic, the game play is great. Also the feel of if u see it u can go their is awesome. The open world feels alive and there r no invisible wall and no hand holding. BUY THIS GAME!!
  76. May 25, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is THE game. Going on three years since its release, I'm still finding new things to do, and I've dropped almost 200 hours into this game (and I don't regret it one bit). The world is huge and beautiful, and full of hidden treasures and things to do. There are so many ways to play that you will never replay the game the same way twice. And talking to yourThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is THE game. Going on three years since its release, I'm still finding new things to do, and I've dropped almost 200 hours into this game (and I don't regret it one bit). The world is huge and beautiful, and full of hidden treasures and things to do. There are so many ways to play that you will never replay the game the same way twice. And talking to your friends about it and finding out about their experiences with the game makes for a fun conversation. The game is the perfect fantasy RPG in every way, shape and form and will definitely being going down in the video game Hall of Fame. Expand
  77. May 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I honestly don't know why this game is praised this highly. Not at all. In fact, this game really makes me wonder what people look for in a game today.

Good graphics? I agree.

The game-play, though, is already stale enough. It's way too difficult (I swear there has to be some sort of glitch... That stupid Frost Troll insta-kills me every time.)
    The story? Bland, meh, average, overused.
    Characters? Nothing interesting here.

I don't see the point of buying this unless you're freaking Chuck Norris on steroids epic at games. This game is popular because of what? Perhaps the stupidest power in the game? Arrow to the knee? Another reasonless meme.

But I'll give it this: it's the best of a terrible series of games. Well done Bethesda. I buy my first Elder Scrolls game. I instantly lose the respect I had for you after playing Fallout.

In conclusion, not worth your money. Probably lower 50's/100.
  78. Apr 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. people are very different it seems, some hate skyrim cuz its worse then oblivion, others hate oblivion cuz its worse then skyrim, others hate them both cuz morrowind is better.

or its too big and boring, its too easy, its cold feeling and too snowy while others felt oblivion was too much of the same also with green grass everywhere. so it cant have too much snowy places nor can it have too many grassy areas, seem we should just have ruined cities and desert for these people!!

the only thing i can agree on with them is the main quest is shorter then i would have wanted but people also said bad things about the main quest in oblivion, i felt the main quest at the ending or morrowind was bad(giant zombie thing?) otherwise if your that unsure of this game, dont listen to friends, just rent it. otherwise if you have to like exploreing open world areas, if you like that then you will like this game.

also some people were complaining there was no good armor around, like they leveled to 40 just hoping for some full set to drop in their lap? the best armor is stuff you make dude, its easy enough to get into smithing since your not constricted by major and minor skills anymore, so quit being lazy and make armor, then it will be good armor.

also I have seen people complain that the game is too easy cuz the armor is so over-powered for them now, so now people are getting too strong of armor while others are getting too little of armor?

rent the game, if you like it, then buy it. its been out for a long time now so it should be cheaper and the expansions make the game that much better, i love hearthfire mainly cuz i like building and haveing my own house and this lets you build 3 which are better then most if not any of the other house you can buy from being mister special thane of a town.

the island you go to(dragon born expansion) also gives you a house at some point and thats fun to explore and the vampire expansion is fun to fight them as well, even though if you experiance fighting the master vamps early on they are kinda impossible and i hope you have town guards around.
  79. Apr 17, 2014
    GOOD: World is so big; So much content that it can last you for about 100 hours; Ton of replay ability; Interesting story lines; All races are unique; So much weapons and armor; No longer will you be punished after leveling up "incorrectly," instead you can level up as you see fit; Game rewards you after doing all the quests possible; All of the dragon shouts and spells are unique andGOOD: World is so big; So much content that it can last you for about 100 hours; Ton of replay ability; Interesting story lines; All races are unique; So much weapons and armor; No longer will you be punished after leveling up "incorrectly," instead you can level up as you see fit; Game rewards you after doing all the quests possible; All of the dragon shouts and spells are unique and useful in their own way; All of the guild and daedric quests are interesting; No two quests felt the same; All of the DLCs bring something new to the table; Makes you feel like you are actually living in the medieval times with all the things you do, even purchasing your own property; books everywhere to read and learn about the lore and some lead to quests; Some nice puzzles; Okay map; Great soundtrack; Decent attention to detail; Great day to night cycle and weather effects

BAD: No cooperative or competitive multiplayer at all; Boring NPCs(even if you are married or close friends with them); Lacks mini games(like arm wrestling or arena fights); Main story is not as interesting as the side and guild quests; After doing major quests that "change" the game, all of the NPCs react poorly and when they do, it's just forgettable; Character creator is a disappointment; Graphics are not that good; Some of the animations are half-assed(Ex. when you mount your horse from the right, you'll teleport to the left then mount and no sleeping animation); Kill animations are rare; All the game choices cannot affect your emotions; when you claim badass weapons from ancient people, you will most likely have a weapon that is already better; Alduin(the main villain) is not bigger than the other dragons, he is just spikier

FINAL VERDICT: Even though this game has a lot of problems, it mostly can be over looked of the stuff you can do, that's why this game will end up as a 9/10. Because there is no multiplayer of any kind, just like the past games, it cannot be named as an all time legend but is in my opinion the best game of 2011.
  80. Apr 16, 2014
    The game's a bit over-hyped. "Oooh, I can kill dragons simply with my voice" is basically half of what these reviews are saying. The combat is awful, you just stand there, not trying to dodge or anything. You just stand there, swinging or casting away while the enemies feebly try to fight back. The quests are one-in-the-same, kill that, fetch that, and go here are what makes most of theseThe game's a bit over-hyped. "Oooh, I can kill dragons simply with my voice" is basically half of what these reviews are saying. The combat is awful, you just stand there, not trying to dodge or anything. You just stand there, swinging or casting away while the enemies feebly try to fight back. The quests are one-in-the-same, kill that, fetch that, and go here are what makes most of these quests. Daedric items suck if you're high-level and Combat with dragons is unbalanced at high-levels. They just fly, doing tons of damage while you shoot at them with a meekly bow. The graphics look awful and the guilds are not that original. It barely alludes choice, just by making you choose what to say. No matter what, the same outcome happens either way. Even with all the patches, it's a chuttering mess. Expand
  81. Apr 13, 2014
    I like how the world of Skyrim looks as your character is exploring the huge icy wastelands. I played as a Bosmer with illusion and necromancer skills. Then I leveled up my pickpocket skills that it allowed me to steal armor from the guards and unsuspecting enemies. I also liked the music as my character explored but I never liked the fight music. It never felt inspiring like the actionI like how the world of Skyrim looks as your character is exploring the huge icy wastelands. I played as a Bosmer with illusion and necromancer skills. Then I leveled up my pickpocket skills that it allowed me to steal armor from the guards and unsuspecting enemies. I also liked the music as my character explored but I never liked the fight music. It never felt inspiring like the action music in Mass Effect. The main story was not interesting at all compared to Oblivion. I never felt like what side I choose in the beginning of the game mattered. The guild missions were too short and boring. The voice acting was terrible. The dual spell casting was good it seemed like that was borrowed from the Bioshock games. I liked Skyrim but I liked the Fallout games and Oblivion:The Elder Scrolls better they have more deeper stories and a better worlds to explore. Expand
  82. Apr 12, 2014
    You know,all the time i've searched for great games,they only come up with good or bad games
    but this game manages to heal that wound and make you feel more fun
    This game is like the best RPG Game Ever
    I did not actually enjoy morrowind that much but this is amazing!! i love it like this it has a great replayability
    Just Get This Game Already
  83. Apr 12, 2014
    Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed the game that much i still play it today, combat is amazing, armor and weapons are amazing, so is shouts. i give this game 10/10 because it was an amazing experience.
  84. Apr 10, 2014
    This actually is a mustplay! BEst RPG ever. It has some bugs but they are most of all funny and laughy. JUst play it! youll have lots of fun. Thats go
  85. Apr 7, 2014
    I should say what an amazing game this is. Bethesda really did the job in this one. It's a really fascinating game. You can explore the world, kill animals, and do quests. The graphics surprised me as well. But the thing that bother me is because there are a couple of bugs that are still unpatched unnoticeably. Some people are still exploiting glitches and bugs, and are just reallyI should say what an amazing game this is. Bethesda really did the job in this one. It's a really fascinating game. You can explore the world, kill animals, and do quests. The graphics surprised me as well. But the thing that bother me is because there are a couple of bugs that are still unpatched unnoticeably. Some people are still exploiting glitches and bugs, and are just really annoying. But, by all the beautiful scenery and the AIs implemented to this great game, this game deserves a 9 metascore. Great job. Expand
  86. Apr 4, 2014
    Skyrim, the Predecessor of The Elder Scrolls Online and the successor to Oblivion is in.. I don't know where to begin! The map will keep you occupied for hours upon hours on either your PC, XBox 360 or PS3, it doesn't matter WHAT you have, nothing can stop you from having the best time in a video game. In the far future, we will look back at thou masterpiece and thou will worship till thou's ends!
  87. Mar 24, 2014
    Bethesda made the revolutionary 1990 open world game "The Terminator", which was pretty much GTA III with crappy graphics and such an overlooked masterpiece. In 1996 they made the revolutionary game " The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall" which features thousands of towns and hundreds of thousands of NPCs (random & procedural generation). "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" (2002) was anotherBethesda made the revolutionary 1990 open world game "The Terminator", which was pretty much GTA III with crappy graphics and such an overlooked masterpiece. In 1996 they made the revolutionary game " The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall" which features thousands of towns and hundreds of thousands of NPCs (random & procedural generation). "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" (2002) was another classic. Finally, this game. Skyrim is the product of decades of advances in virtual worlds, the evolution of video games almost seems like a miracle. Todd Howard is a genius. Expand
  88. Mar 21, 2014
    Adoringly embrace your entire life (your friends, family, work), before sitting down to play what some people have lauded, "the greatest RPG of all time", Skyrim. Literally kiss it goodbye. As a player, and as a person, I must have spent well over ten hours just sitting there and enjoying a delectable delight with precariously addictive gameplay and an awfully colourable world that dragsAdoringly embrace your entire life (your friends, family, work), before sitting down to play what some people have lauded, "the greatest RPG of all time", Skyrim. Literally kiss it goodbye. As a player, and as a person, I must have spent well over ten hours just sitting there and enjoying a delectable delight with precariously addictive gameplay and an awfully colourable world that drags you in like a murderous dragon searching for its unwary, gullibly credulous prey, some Elf or one Nord or another. It is maybe not the single most glorious RPG of all time in my own personal opinion, but, with its genius strokes, sharp textures, unbelievable playability rate, and majestic soundtrack, it comes pretty damn close and anyone who owns an Xbox 360 NEEDS this to add to their collection. Expand
  89. Mar 18, 2014
    Oh man this game was a lot of fun to play. I really immersed myself into the role playing. I think the only thing that could be improved would have to be the character models and the amount of voice actors. It takes you out of the immersion a little to hear the same voice actor over and over and over. The character models were a little too stiff compared to other great rpgs like massOh man this game was a lot of fun to play. I really immersed myself into the role playing. I think the only thing that could be improved would have to be the character models and the amount of voice actors. It takes you out of the immersion a little to hear the same voice actor over and over and over. The character models were a little too stiff compared to other great rpgs like mass effect. I hope next time they work on those parts a little more. Great game, I was never into the whole mid evil dungeons and dragons type of thing but this game was just too much fun. Expand
  90. Mar 14, 2014
    Personally, I love this game alot, and pretty much adore most sandbox games that reward inquisitive minds, exploration, and a love of rich lore and plentiful characters. Skyrim is no exception in this sense, the world is massive and sprawling, with a ton of interesting quests and characters to meet, as well as multiple dungeons littered with their own unique stories and background. For mePersonally, I love this game alot, and pretty much adore most sandbox games that reward inquisitive minds, exploration, and a love of rich lore and plentiful characters. Skyrim is no exception in this sense, the world is massive and sprawling, with a ton of interesting quests and characters to meet, as well as multiple dungeons littered with their own unique stories and background. For me personally, I love the fact that the world really feels alive, every NPC has their own schedules, mountains you can scale jut into the sky in the distance, the cry of dragons rolls through the hils from a distance before you see one circling overhead, and it gives the impression of an epic world which will continue to live and breathe even when you put down the controller. However, this is what I love about the game, and in all honesty, I have to confess many things which might deter some people and downright put off other gamers. Alot of the dungeons use recycled assets, as well as many houses, and if there is one way to describe a flaw of Skyrim it is 'repetition', both in terms of NPCs generated over and over 'hence the infamous 'arrow to the knee' to every other tavern looking basically the same. Some people say that Skyrim is 'as vast as an ocean and as shallow as a pond', but I think that's only half true. They're right in that many quests in Skyrim are downright boring, if not insulting to the average gamer's intelligence. 'Oh hai there Dragonborn. You're here to slay the World Eater? Well could you also deliver my axe to my cousin across the hold? There's a good boy! 'Oh hey stranger, mind checking my catacombs for generic skeleton warriors to retrieve my 'insert levelled loot here'? The five dozen guards outside can't be bothered.' These quests are beyond terrible, and many dungeons have been designed as cookie cutter areas to ensure the same NPCs send you to the same places over and over and over to retrieve vague, non-specfied loot. If you judged Skyrim on this alone, you would not be faulted for throwing it outside the nearest window. However, for me, I think gamers who only see this don't recognise the true flaws and beauty of what an open world like Skyrim means. Skyrim is a buffet of gameplay and quests. Some of the quests taste like filet mignon, they are interesting, the gameplay choices available are though provoking, and the characters are well detailed and engaging. Other parts of the buffet though are like bland, stale mashed potatoes, a mushy mess of bad gameplay decisions, poor gamer choice and uninspired dialogue and stories. This is the nature of the beast though, Skyrim is massive enough that in some parts it will inevitably miss for some people, but in others, so many parts connect so well, that it just makes you absorbs you for days on end(even without mods, and having played with mods on my PC, and without them on Xbox, I still feel Skyrim vanilla is a great game in its own right). As for the bugs though, although I gave Skyrim a pass because I loved the concept behind it of a massive world filled with possibilities, there is no doubt this game is packed full of glitches and bugs(though in my experience, not as many crashes as Oblivion). I love what Bethesda try to do, but seriously, when Red Dead Redemption provides a game of that size and complexity without many bugs, it really makes you wonder when Bethesda will jettison its crappy Gamebryo engine for something that doesn't suck. If you love interesting concepts and expansive, immersive sandboxes, buy Skyrim. If you prefer tighter, more focused RPGs buy the Witcher 2. In my opinion though having played and finished both, my love of one does not diminish my love for the other, and as long as Bethesda and CD Projekt RED continue to develop games, the RPG genre has a rich and exciting future ahead of us. Expand
  91. Mar 14, 2014
    omg i LUV SKYRIM! for a game made in 2011 AMAZING graphics! its amazing that the elder scrolls has survived since the 90s. on my main account, im a level 56 Imperial. i have to give credit to my cousin for telling me about this beautiful game. if you saw what i rated it, i rated it 9. you may be thinking: "why did he rate it a 9 if he says its perfect?" well it does get kind of boring atomg i LUV SKYRIM! for a game made in 2011 AMAZING graphics! its amazing that the elder scrolls has survived since the 90s. on my main account, im a level 56 Imperial. i have to give credit to my cousin for telling me about this beautiful game. if you saw what i rated it, i rated it 9. you may be thinking: "why did he rate it a 9 if he says its perfect?" well it does get kind of boring at times but that heppens rarely. whenever i play skyrim, im slaying dragons, learning shouts, collecting special weapons and even just looking at the amazing scenery and graphics! whenever i hear someone talking about RPGs, Skyrim is the first thing that comes to my mind. if you are thinking about buying it, do it! P.S cant wait for Elder Scrolls Online!!!! thank Talos for skyrim!!! Expand
  92. Mar 11, 2014
    I have spent over 100 hours playing this game, and the time was worth it. The game kicks ass. With its beautiful graphics, great combat mechanics, lots of creative content, and DRAGONS! You have yourself a game of the year. It is a masterpiece! Best one in the series! Hell, one of the best free roam RPGS i have ever played! I would recommend this game to everyone. When you here the wordI have spent over 100 hours playing this game, and the time was worth it. The game kicks ass. With its beautiful graphics, great combat mechanics, lots of creative content, and DRAGONS! You have yourself a game of the year. It is a masterpiece! Best one in the series! Hell, one of the best free roam RPGS i have ever played! I would recommend this game to everyone. When you here the word Skyrim, yell "FosroDAH!" Game of the year for me. Final Verdict:10/10! A true elite title! Expand
  93. Mar 11, 2014
    A game with much content, though little in depth. It is a disappointing romp through the treacherous, harsh and grey land of Skyrim, a realm in which conflict is a natural way of life. At the cost of conveying this message, the game seeks to depress you by lots of mud, dirt and grey snow. Gone are the days of quirky, funny and colorful Oblivion, and back to the dreary days of Morrowind.A game with much content, though little in depth. It is a disappointing romp through the treacherous, harsh and grey land of Skyrim, a realm in which conflict is a natural way of life. At the cost of conveying this message, the game seeks to depress you by lots of mud, dirt and grey snow. Gone are the days of quirky, funny and colorful Oblivion, and back to the dreary days of Morrowind. "Why, this is a positive!" one might say in response, as they sip from their "hardcore" coffee mug full of mountain dew.... Nay, it is a negative. While Morrowind's world was full of depth, originality and just plain awesomness, Skyrim is boring, bland and dreary.

Combat is over simplified, as are the skills. No longer can you be a class and label yourself as such, but choices are very much confined. Either you be a mage, assassin or warrior! No longer can you be a Bard, Rouge, Witchhunter or Pilgrim... A gameplay style other then combat is impossible.
    The game is for morons, extremely linear and easy... Though still I enjoyed my time here, and there are most definitely positives, such as the epic sense of exploration, immersion and lore.
  94. Mar 7, 2014
    An absolutely spell-binding RPG that holds your attention through hundreds of hours of game time. The visuals are incredible and varied, the soundtrack is second to none, and the controls and combat are tight and balanced between the various styles available to the player. Never before have I played a game that I thought I could lose myself in like this one. Bethesda has recaptured whatAn absolutely spell-binding RPG that holds your attention through hundreds of hours of game time. The visuals are incredible and varied, the soundtrack is second to none, and the controls and combat are tight and balanced between the various styles available to the player. Never before have I played a game that I thought I could lose myself in like this one. Bethesda has recaptured what they had in Morrowind and lost in Oblivion, and that is an environment and social structure that exist quite independent of your adventuring and advancing.
    This is a game where you are most fulfilled when you slow down, take the time to look around, and realize you are in another world that lives and breathes on it's own without you. (Metaphorically, it is still fake and they are still just AI.)
    I have only two issues and one fear related to this game.
    1. The infinite missions this game was hyped to have are mostly endlessly performing mundane tasks for various guilds that have no additional storyline once you complete the main one for that group. It would be like me endlessly giving you a grocery list with the same items on it and saying that I was giving you an endless variety of chores.
    2. The good old Bethesda bug machine keeps on rolling right along, crashing sporadically. Go 8 hours crash, go 30 minutes crash, fail to boot up, go 30 hours, crash. They must come up with some patches to stabilize this game and this is the sole reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10. This type of poor code writing should not be glazed over anymore!
    And finally, I have a fear that if they choose to remove anything else from this game for the next installment, less will start to become less. They did a wonderful job of trimming the fat from Oblivion, but anymore and this won't be an RPG for long.
    A brilliant game that only the serious gamer should undertake, otherwise you'll only be frustrated that you don't have enough time.
  95. Mar 6, 2014
    The game has it's positive sides and have really nice graphics and all, absolutely, but we can't go around and judge a game for only it's graphics. Today it feels like most game developers focus on graphics and doesn't think to much about the content itself. This game made me very disappointed because, sure, as I said the graphics are nice but the game has extremely many bugs and glitchesThe game has it's positive sides and have really nice graphics and all, absolutely, but we can't go around and judge a game for only it's graphics. Today it feels like most game developers focus on graphics and doesn't think to much about the content itself. This game made me very disappointed because, sure, as I said the graphics are nice but the game has extremely many bugs and glitches in it and the builds of the classes doesn't have a good balance. The game simply doesn't feel "done". I've played extremely many RPG games and when i heard my friends speaking so well about Skyrim then I felt that I had to play it. But this game wouldn't even hit my top 10 list of RPGs. If it wouldn't have been for the visual graphics and the detailed environment then i bet this game wouldn't have been so popular. There is so many other RPGs out there which is so much better in every way and i can seriously not understand how people can still choose to play this crap. It's sad to see how many "graphic whores" there is out there. Expand
  96. Mar 2, 2014
    Call me a fanboy, say its overrated, call it a cash in, say whatever you damn well please, but know this: I had more fun, qualitatively and quantitatively with Skyrim than I have ever had with any game, by a long shot. The game isn't built to work on everyone; some will find it boring or cheap and give up. I respect that. But this game took me to new places. It pulled me in, (after anCall me a fanboy, say its overrated, call it a cash in, say whatever you damn well please, but know this: I had more fun, qualitatively and quantitatively with Skyrim than I have ever had with any game, by a long shot. The game isn't built to work on everyone; some will find it boring or cheap and give up. I respect that. But this game took me to new places. It pulled me in, (after an admittedly rough start), and kept me engaged, interested, and inspired. The game is so massive, it can have dozens of flaws, and still have so many hundreds of things to make up for it. Storylines are weak, for the most part. I don't even care. The game is so beautiful, graphically, stylistically, musically, aesthetically, and any other adverb I haven't listed. It blew my mind. The complaints people have about this game, I've never noticed a bit of. I don't know if it's my fault, but Skyrim is a masterpiece. Expand
  97. Feb 8, 2014
    If you're a novice, this game will be too big and too punishing. It doesn't hold your hand. But if you know what you're doing, it's a joy. Beautiful game.
  98. Feb 5, 2014
    Skyrim, there is no other word you can use to describe this game but epic. Skyrim the 5th game in the Elder Scrolls series is by far the best. You can only ow in the enormousness of the map. The campaign is great but its not what makes the game. What makes the game is all the side quests. There are over 200 side quests that i have found so far. almost every CPU in the game has a sideSkyrim, there is no other word you can use to describe this game but epic. Skyrim the 5th game in the Elder Scrolls series is by far the best. You can only ow in the enormousness of the map. The campaign is great but its not what makes the game. What makes the game is all the side quests. There are over 200 side quests that i have found so far. almost every CPU in the game has a side quest. And theirs even more side quests that you can discover on your own. Many people complain about the loading screen in sky rim and how there is so many loading spots. The problem is if the game were to load all at once at the beginning of the game it would take 45 + minutes. That's how big the map is. over all Skyrim is an amazing game that i would recommend to any one even if they didn't like free roam dungeon crawls. Expand
  99. Jan 27, 2014
    Skyrim is a masterpiece of gaming, it is on such a scale than is truly awe inspiring. Since it's such a large game I'm going to break it down into each aspect of it, starting with the technical aspects. The game has pretty great graphics, but the draw distance isn't great, and some textures leave a lot to be desired. But on the whole it is very graphically impressive, I'd even say someSkyrim is a masterpiece of gaming, it is on such a scale than is truly awe inspiring. Since it's such a large game I'm going to break it down into each aspect of it, starting with the technical aspects. The game has pretty great graphics, but the draw distance isn't great, and some textures leave a lot to be desired. But on the whole it is very graphically impressive, I'd even say some parts are spectacular. The game runs smoothly and rarely has frame-rate issues, but there are long loading times and they are very frequent, which isn't a huge deal but it does break up the fun and make it a little tedious. The interface and HUD are okay, the HUD is nice and minimal, showing off the beautiful game world, but the menus could you some refinement. The world design is one of the games strongest aspect, there are nine holds and they are on a grand scale and are well fleshed out. You have forests and snowy mountains and frozen swamps, there is a great diversity in the world design. On a smaller scale the level design is less fleshed out, interiors are nicely done and have a good atmosphere, but dungeons are crypts while creepy at first, get repetitive. Onto gameplay now; for Bethesda games, the gameplay has always been on the back-burner. The combat system leaves much to be desired, though it is more varied than the older Elder Scrolls games, it is still boring and stiff. There are no strong or quick attacks, no parry's or dodges or rolls, there is blocking and power attacks, but honestly the close combat leaves alot to be desired. If you mix this with ranged attacks it feels less repetitive. The range attacks and weapons don'f fair much better, the bows are nice, but the system doesn't have any substance, it has no meat. The same thing with the spells, they are better varied but feel old and stale after a while. While the skill trees add cool things to it, the combat system feels floaty and weightless, certainly not a strong point, but passable. Onto the storyline, the storyline is made strong not by being clever or original, but by having so many aspects and things going on that it feels like a real world. The main storyline was disappointing to me, it was okay length, but I just wasn't blown away at all. The civil war storyline is good and I like the premise, but my main complaint with the civil war is that it never feels like there's a war going on. There's never any battles or any evidence of the fighting, this could have been developed much better. The faction quests, are like the main story, just disappointing, not much to say about it at all, just could have been better. It may have sounded like I hated the game, but I only really pointed out the negative, the positives far out-way the the negatives, and this is a great game which is a must-buy. Expand
  100. Jan 25, 2014
    Recently I bought the legendary edition of this game and it was nothing short of a true masterpiece, I like the feeling of a breathing living world that feels like it was there before you arrived and will still be there long after, i have never experienced so many quests and side missions before - One cannot simply finish Skyrim, it will last over 100 hours and still be entertaining, withRecently I bought the legendary edition of this game and it was nothing short of a true masterpiece, I like the feeling of a breathing living world that feels like it was there before you arrived and will still be there long after, i have never experienced so many quests and side missions before - One cannot simply finish Skyrim, it will last over 100 hours and still be entertaining, with all the daedric quests, armors, guilds, or even the nords hilarious accent, and then there's: Dawnguard, Dragonborn and Hearthfire, the dawnguard quest is HUGE! and can be played from 2 completely different perspectives - and who doesn't want to be a vampire and I'm not talking about the 'Twilight Disco Ball Vampires' I mean you actually get weaker in the sunlight, Dragonborn gives you a whole island to explore - just don't go there unprepared, Athen there's Hearthfire,it may be only a minor DLC but would you: a. give 5000 gold to a stewerd to a Town house, Or , B. buy a plot of land, build a HOUSE add anything you want to it and then adopt 2 kids like Blaise and Lucia, and then have a wife like Ysolda (hint,hint), this game is truly something to remember and i will happy to See an Elder Scrolls VI (6) wherever or whenever it may be. And no one can forget the main theme song. Expand
  101. Sep 23, 2013
    Before I get bombarded by fanboys, I need to make it clear that, unlike many of these reviews, I have had 2 years to formulate this review, of which I have spent a lot of time debating with myself how good this game is. I hope you will take that into consideration before reading this review.

Overall I think Skyrim is a good game and an enjoyable experience for a period of time. However, I think the game has a lot of shortcomings. I'll try to highlight both the pros and cons.

First things first, this isn't a Role Playing Game in the true sense of the phrase. A lack of solid class system means people can be the spellsword/tank/thief jack of all trades (and master of all, to boot). While this isn't a necessarily bad thing for a game, allowing flexibility in character development, it seems to take the 'role playing' out of the equation and leaving in the action, perhaps "dumbing down" this aspect predominant in the series.

Keeping in the vein of mechanics, the quest system is boring and holds your hand. A pointer takes you directly where to go, kissing goodbye the investigative nature of Morrowind. It's a shame, since Morrowind (and even Oblivion, to an extent) was so strong due to this. Again, dumbing down is present. In terms of narrative, the quests in the basegame, bar a few exceptions, are mindless, unimaginative and tedious. The Daedric Quests are the only ones with any real depth to them, and the main storyline is more or less trash.

The strengths of Skyrim lie in the well-overdue overhaul of Bethesda's game engine. The gamebryo engine, which seriously restricted Oblivion and Fallout 3, has been exchanged for the Creation Engine, which does Skyrim justice more can be done in terms of animation and design making Skyrim more immersive. However, the promises to improve combat in Skyrim seems superficial the only real additions to melee combat were dual-wielding and some (seriously artifacted) finishing moves, but otherwise the combat is as immersion-breaking as in Oblivion. However, the magic system is considerably improved in terms of mechanics, while the range of spells is disappointing. Archery (or marksmanship or whatever) is the true beneficiary of Skyrim, as the bows feel more weighty and is much more rewarding, so credit is due there. The stealth mechanics haven't improved noticeably since Oblivion, but it is serviceable and enjoyable enough. Overall, I'd give the general mechanics around 7/10, with some disappointments and steps back from Oblivion in places, with the interface feeling pretty clunky both on Xbox 360 and on PC.

The graphics are where this title really saddens me. Even when the game came out, I thought it looked HIDEOUS. While there was some really nice shading and decent landscaping, the artstyle is drab. The huge colour palette of Oblivion is replaced for grey, white, black and more grey in the lands of Skyrim. While I appreciate that it fits the cold, northern setting of Skyrim, it feels as though the (clear) graphical improvements that Bethesda have made is wasted somewhat. Furthermore, the NPCs look downright creepy, with dead eyes that made me think of Polar Express some real uncanny valley stuff right there (look it up).

My final point regards how many hours I put into the game before putting it down. I finished all of the main questlines and ALL of the considerable side quests in about 30 hours of play, over 2 characters. While there was initial wanderlust as I explored, the enjoyment trickled away over time until most of the game became a drag due to the aforementioned problems. If the game offered you more, then good for you! Nevertheless, 30 hours is a considerably quantity (while not compared to hundreds of hours spent in Oblivion and Fallout 3), but the quality wasn't entirely sound. While moments were truly epic (the first dragon appearance, for example), these were diamonds in the rough, with memorable parts too few and far between. This is disappointing in contrast to the myriad of other Bethesda titles, and while I have returned to Skyrim periodically since my initial playthrough(s), the visits were short and uninspired.

Overall, I give this game a 6/10. It's better than average in most places, however there was potential for so much more. The combat was mostly unimproved, the quests were awful (both in mechanics and narrative) and the aesthetic was drab and poorly used. However, Skyrim has its merits in terms of its engine, and for this reason I do respect it somewhat.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011