8.4

1. Jul 6, 2012
    The legendary game critic's have been raving about is very good. Though i still feel I'm just a player, I'm not very immersed as I would first think. The Combat still feels somewhat sluggish, and at times a bug happens, usually with animals. The game is still very fun, though exploration can become boring at times. The characters look good, though some people look too clean.
  2. Jul 21, 2012
    The Good: An unparalleled world packed with a variety of quests, Dragon battles are exhilarating (when your at a lower level), Art design, Great battles that you can approach in any way you like, Great story in addition to the main quest.
    The Bad: Some glitches, Friendly AI can sometimes get in the way and crowd or block doorways
  3. Jan 5, 2013
    Skyrim is a brilliant RPG with outstanding graphics,very good story,very good DLCs,many hours of playtime,very good combat system and leveling system,if you are a RPG fan and you dont already own skyrim just bought it is the best RPG ever.Just a masterpiece and of course a 10/10
  4. Mar 4, 2013
    With side-line quests (respective to the 'main' quest) so in-depth one may forget his actual objective. One's character leaves the player yearning to advance, possibly at high-costs (time-wise), in real life to accomplish uncovering the curiosity that lays before him in the world of Skyrim, and attaining the skills/money/weapons that he feels himself destined to. The subtleties of the gameWith side-line quests (respective to the 'main' quest) so in-depth one may forget his actual objective. One's character leaves the player yearning to advance, possibly at high-costs (time-wise), in real life to accomplish uncovering the curiosity that lays before him in the world of Skyrim, and attaining the skills/money/weapons that he feels himself destined to. The subtleties of the game (take the seemingly limitless amounts of literature around the world), as well as its broad picture, altogether leave the player initially awe-struck only to diminish this by substantial amounts of game-time. Expand
  5. Mar 26, 2013
    The load times drove me nuts. 2 minutes to load a room. Besides that, this game was amazing and I probably spent 60 hours and hit maybe 20% of the things you can do in this game.
  6. Jul 2, 2013
    skyrim can be fun for a bit but then you start to notice all the bad's for the game
    pros:large word, great music, lots of quests and activities, 4 guilds dark brotherhood college of winterhold companions and thieves guild, FREAKING DRAGONS, epic master level destruction spells,
    cons: repetitive quests (go here kill this get this talk to him every time), main story is less than 4 hours, world has barely any colour, you never feel important your the dragonborn head of all guilds and killed 50 dragons no one cares, usually the only enemies youll fight are bandits wolves and draugr,removed spell making, stealth is nearly impossible because enemies crowd up next to each other, the thieves guild is about fighting, story is mediocre its just dragons are invading you're the dragon born you have to stop them, npc's have no emotion, theres only like 13 voice actors, very buggy once a door was bugged so whenever i went through that door the game would crash and that was the only way out so i had to restart the game, combat is just hit each other with a weapon until one of you is dead, enemies never block, magic is weak and you run out of magicka fast,
  7. Nov 27, 2013
    My wife and I have put hundreds of hours into Skyrim. In my opinion it's the best action RPG available this generation. Dawnguard and Dragonborn were excellent expansions too! The Hearthfire DLC was interesting, but completely unnecessary... but the price seems justified.

Anyway, if you feel like getting completely lost in a game, go for it!
  8. Dec 13, 2013
    One minute you're battling with bandits in a dungeon and the next you're sitting in an inn listening to the bard play traditional Skyrim folk music. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a visually perfect masterpiece of a game which provides hours of entertainment.

The game had me attached to my character and sometimes I would actually feel upset when my trusty follower and protector died in battle or my wife was kidnapped from my house. The game offers a massive amount of variety. There are multiple quest lines that could keep me entertained for hours and the massive world of Skyrim is so beautiful that I would actually live there (if I could). The one tiny problem with Skyrim is the glitches, though they are hilarious, they do not make a big enough impact on the game for me to change my mind on if it is my favourite game of all time or not.

I would seriously recommend Skyrim if you have played any previous of the Elder Scrolls games or not, I myself bought the game having never played any of them. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is my favourite and that will not change (until The Elder Scrolls VI comes out, I guess).
  9. Mar 11, 2014
    I have spent over 100 hours playing this game, and the time was worth it. The game kicks ass. With its beautiful graphics, great combat mechanics, lots of creative content, and DRAGONS! You have yourself a game of the year. It is a masterpiece! Best one in the series! Hell, one of the best free roam RPGS i have ever played! I would recommend this game to everyone. When you here the wordI have spent over 100 hours playing this game, and the time was worth it. The game kicks ass. With its beautiful graphics, great combat mechanics, lots of creative content, and DRAGONS! You have yourself a game of the year. It is a masterpiece! Best one in the series! Hell, one of the best free roam RPGS i have ever played! I would recommend this game to everyone. When you here the word Skyrim, yell "FosroDAH!" Game of the year for me. Final Verdict:10/10! A true elite title! Expand
  10. Jan 23, 2016
    Cada vez que tengo la oportunidad de entrar en su mundo, me atrapa como ningún otro juego lo a conseguido jamás. Skyrim no es perfecto, tiene un montón de fallos gráficos, el rendimiento en xbox deja mucho que desear y hay bugs que te destrozan toda la experiencia en un golpe; pero aún así, tiene algo tan especial que sigues queriendo estar ahí.
    Un mundo abierto sin obstáculos que te
    Un mundo abierto sin obstáculos que te bloqueen tu camino, en el que puedes ver paisajes increíbles y lugares sacados de una fantasía medieval muy en la linea de Tolkíen o Salvatore. El sistema de combate es tosco y algo arcaico y creo que se podría haber mejorado muchísimo, pues no tiene mucha ciencia, solo consiste en pegar hostias a ton ni son.
    La música creo que perfecta, sabe sumergirte perfectamente en su mundo y bueno...La canción del titulo ya se han convertido en un tema mítico dentro de los videojuegos.
    No quiero enrollarme mucho más en esta review, solo dar mi pequeña opinión sobre un titulo que si, no es perfecto, pero que a mi me enamoro desde el primer instante en el que jugué a él, y creo que eso es lo más importante en este mundo de los videojuegos.
  11. Mar 12, 2012
    This is without a doubt the best game released in 2011.

A wonderfully immersive RPG experience; the likes of which have become increasingly rare in the generic, cookie-cutter gaming industry.
  12. Nov 22, 2011
    I had never played Oblivion like most of my friends, however Skyrim is by far the most incredibly addicting and phenomenal game that i've ever been encouraged to try. It reminds me of the good ol Runescape days except the action is there and a brilliant level up system that gives endless customization. Not to mention the seemingly endless adventures and treasures around every corner. GAMEI had never played Oblivion like most of my friends, however Skyrim is by far the most incredibly addicting and phenomenal game that i've ever been encouraged to try. It reminds me of the good ol Runescape days except the action is there and a brilliant level up system that gives endless customization. Not to mention the seemingly endless adventures and treasures around every corner. GAME OF THE YEAR HANDS DOWN Expand
  13. Nov 15, 2011
    I am 43 years old and have been playing games since Pong. The first RPG I ever played was The Bard's Tale for the Commodore 64. This game had me playing for hours on end, and at times realizing that the sun was coming up since I played all night. This game was a joy to play, and I have been looking for that same feeling in a game ever since.
    Skyrim has fulfilled that feeling.
    I get
    Skyrim has fulfilled that feeling.
    I get chills when I am trying to sneak past a ghosts in a dungeon. Discovering a new area feels exciting. Opening a chest usually yields something useful or valuable.
    I feel like I am working toward making Skyrim a better place, even when I am not on the main storyline. Anything can happen at any time and usually does.
    I have heard that there are some glitches, and I have had some short pauses from time to time, but this is due to my equipment, not the game.
    Don't tell Bethesda, but they could make more by making half of this game DLC and they could still get 60 bucks for this game. Luckily RPG fans demand more that the average 12yr old playing MW3 where they can get away with cloning a previous release.
    Keep it up Bethesda! Great job.
  14. Nov 20, 2011
    I feel sorry for those who somehow manage not to enjoy this game. Maybe Zelda on the wii is more your speed? It's good that we have a choice, don't you think?
  15. Nov 15, 2011
    I am giving this game a 10 for various reasons. 1 reason is we have haters on here that give this game a 0! I am sorry, no game deserves a ZERO!! The crappiest games should get a 1 or a 2. A zero would mean that it didnt have ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT IT which is not true. 1. The music IS COMPLETELY EPIC. If any of you liked lord of the rings music then you would LOVE the music beingI am giving this game a 10 for various reasons. 1 reason is we have haters on here that give this game a 0! I am sorry, no game deserves a ZERO!! The crappiest games should get a 1 or a 2. A zero would mean that it didnt have ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT IT which is not true. 1. The music IS COMPLETELY EPIC. If any of you liked lord of the rings music then you would LOVE the music being played. Out of the last 2 games, the music is GREAT. The music is what you would expect from a Grade A fantasy movie. The graphics are BEAUTIFUL. Even on the xbox 360 it still stands out. Now, some complain about graphic textures from far away. Let me tell you that the xbox is a 6 year old console. The developers can only improve so much before system limitations get in the way. What gaming rig can actually produce awesome draw distances and cystal clear textures from a far way distance. FEW! That is why it is pointless for the developers to put all this effort in to deter texture distances. Just wait until the next series comes out to where its on a next gen console and latest hardware....you wont have anything to complain about then...but on current hardware, its maxes any machine out. Wait until the next gen ...you will see superior and close to perfection draw distances/distant textures but for right now your machines wont handle it. The world IS HUGE!! There are so many places to explore, side quests and main quests to complete. Some people complain about how big the world is. God, that is the point of a game like this...to be able to get LOST in it and discover something new. Afterall, its an ACTION RPG ADVENTURE!! part of the adventure is exploring and discovering....morons. OF course, you can get a map or game guide and it will help ease any confusion. To me, I suggest not using the game guide or map that much. Just explore and enjoy yourself...the reward is finding and completing quests without any help. The NPCs and enemies look awesome...they are as detailed as you can get on a console or pc of this generation. Character creations is pretty detailed and I have not seen any other open world game to beat it. I made my character look like me or at least resemble me. The UI is good and some say its like fallout. Fine, but how many other fan boy games did you buy that kept the same UI? Stupid thing to complain about! You can zoom into your items and assign spells, weapons, potions and etc to your favorites. Working a job like chopping wood and etc is cool. Fable did the same thing and got praise for it. Cooking food, potion crafting, and smithing is pretty neat as well. Although, previous ES series have done this, they added a little more umph to it. A new feature is mining which is what RISEN did. Essentially, they took fables jobs, house, marriage and Risens style of crafting and put it together. VERY GOOD MIX. Combat has improved, one thing to note about Two worlds 2 is the combat animations. Skyrim has mimic this effect from fallout TW2. With ES, it doesnt happen every single time like it does with fallout and TW2. This leaves the effects enjoyable as you don't SEE THEM ALL THE TIME. Dragon fights are riveting. Combat is VERY enjoyable! its a hack and slash with spells. If you like turn based RPGs...then stay away from Skyrim. The various guilds you can join is still impressive as it was in the previous games. Being a thief, assassin, mage, a fighter, and etc puts all the favorite game styles together so ANYONE can enjoy at LEAST one aspect of the game. I could write a WHOLE book on this game but I wont. music-9.7
    graphics-9.5
    gameplay-10
    UI-9.1
    combat-9.0
    content-10
    game is truely worthy of a 95%. I am giving it 10 because of the losers giving it a complete 0
  16. Nov 30, 2011
    I feel like I'm getting my money's worth. In today's market more and more big publishers are giving us less for more, this is not the case with Skyrim. From an Elder Scrolls veteran player's point of view this game has improved it's fluidity of movement, I no longer feel like a camera. Battle feels a lot like Fallout 3 or Vegas without Vats (Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System). A npcI feel like I'm getting my money's worth. In today's market more and more big publishers are giving us less for more, this is not the case with Skyrim. From an Elder Scrolls veteran player's point of view this game has improved it's fluidity of movement, I no longer feel like a camera. Battle feels a lot like Fallout 3 or Vegas without Vats (Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System). A npc buddy system has been added. Crafting has been improved. Graphics have been improved. Map size has remained the same but the world content has increased at least two fold. There's no exclusive content to miss out on if you purchase this at any particular merchant. I don't feel obligated to wait for a game of the year edition as there is no content that has been obviously and intentionally left out of this game. Expand
  17. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game! So much better than Oblivion and so close to Morrowind. Love it. Every RPG fan should go and own it immediately. Todd Howard is great man, and I hope he'll make us great Fallout 4.
  18. Nov 13, 2011
    The pinnacle of open world RPG design. This game takes the best of Morrowind and Oblivion, and even earlier games (random quests from Daggerfall, for example) and takes it to an entirely new level. The world is beautifully designed and very interactive.

One of the best games I've played in a long, long time.
  19. Nov 14, 2011
    Currently *the* best western-style RPG available.
    Perfect? No, but very close to it.
    There is such an unbelievable amount of stuff to do, the first playthrough of the average player will easily take 250-300 hours. Great story, great lore, great graphics, great music, great everything! Then why no 10, you ask? Simple, even this game has a few strange design decisions, and also has its
    Currently *the* best western-style RPG available.
    Perfect? No, but very close to it.

Great story, great lore, great graphics, great music, great everything!

Then why no 10, you ask? Simple, even this game has a few strange design decisions, and also has its fair share of bugs (...I literally just lost my freakin' face for example O_o ). And there's also a 360-specific bug; if you install the game, certain textures will eventually stay low-ress. This has something to do with streaming and cache and whatnot.
    But none of these problems has been game breaking, and Bethesda will fix them as soon as possible.
    It's also a shame that console players are unable to participate in the awesome modding community, but this is not Bethesda's fault.

Why are you still reading this? Go buy Skyrim!
  20. Jan 4, 2012
    How can a game with so much to do feel so empty? Regardless of what you do, it never feels like you've impacted the game world in any meaningful way. Or forged an meaningful relationships. Or even had meaningful conversations. Let me get this straight: Skyrim's people --who supposedly thought dragons were a myth, like Godzilla-- find themslves in the midst of a FULL-FLEDGED DRAGONHow can a game with so much to do feel so empty? Regardless of what you do, it never feels like you've impacted the game world in any meaningful way. Or forged an meaningful relationships. Or even had meaningful conversations. Let me get this straight: Skyrim's people --who supposedly thought dragons were a myth, like Godzilla-- find themslves in the midst of a FULL-FLEDGED DRAGON INVASION, and it ranks maybe 5th on their conversational priority list, after the civil war, their lost amulet, the fact that you're wearing light armor, and the weather. And when you singlehandedly stop said invasion, what do you get? A few comments from guards to the effect of, "Hey, stopping that dragon crisis was awesome, bro." Then it's back to "I took an arrow in the knee." The faction quests, with the possible exception of the Thieves' Guild, are similarly uninspiring. Oh, and my wife in I have a sham marriage , in which I show up every week and she gives me gold. I'd like to converse with her, but she can only say four lines of dialogue. Bottom line: maybe this is the price of a truly open world -- i.e., it's miles wide and an inch deep. And to be fair, there's plenty of mindless fun to be had. But I'd trade most all of these random dungeons and dragon/troll/mammoth battle royales for some sense that what I'm doing matters. If it's an RPG, Bethesda, I want to play a role, not just be a roving bringer of destruction and taker of loot. Expand
  21. Nov 14, 2011
    This is the best game I've played in a very long time. It has absorbed my weekend and caused me to get far too little sleep. Bethesda have surpassed themselves. They've merged together the best elements of Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3. They've improved the graphics, the game play, character creation, levelling up, crafting, oh and the music is a delight. This is a fantastic game thatThis is the best game I've played in a very long time. It has absorbed my weekend and caused me to get far too little sleep. Bethesda have surpassed themselves. They've merged together the best elements of Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3. They've improved the graphics, the game play, character creation, levelling up, crafting, oh and the music is a delight. This is a fantastic game that illustrates how RPGs should be made. Although there are a few minor bugs it would be ungenerous to give this game any less than 10 out of 10. Game of the Year. Expand
  22. Nov 13, 2011
    Competing with nostalgia-rich classics of the genre, critically acclaimed "hardcore" offerings, deep PnP style multiplayer RPGs as well as Oblivion and the (superior) Morrowind before it, Skyrim still comes out on top to become the best game I've ever played.

It combines the vast explorability and intoxicating atmosphere of Morrowind with the eminent playability of Oblivion, and turns the art style, world design, voice acting, story and most everything else up to 11 to create an almost perfect high fantasy/sword & sorcery RPG experience.

Visuals: 9.5/10 Audio: 10/10 Gameplay: 10/10 Story/Quest Gameplay: 10/10 RPG Mechanics/Design: 9/10 Content/Scope: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  23. Feb 26, 2012
    Full disclosure....I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan so my review may be unintentionally biased. I'm also a big fan of open world RPGs. Again, Bethesda succeeded in making a great RPG. I like the combat, the graphics, the world, character customation, weapon and armor crafting, the dragons and most of the quests (yes, some are boring but most are fun).
    What I didn't like: I always play a
    What I didn't like: I always play a stealthy character first play through because they are my favorite. So the Dark Brotherhood and the Theives Guild were always my favorite guilds. Unfortunately, I was disappointed in the DB quests compared to the DB quests in Oblivion (the party treasure hunt DB quest was one of my faves!). Also, I missed some of the skills they removed from the game. But...I had a blast playing the game and will probably play it through many times with different characters. It has pretty a good replay ability.
  24. Jan 12, 2012
    Quite simply, Skyrim ousts Oblivion as the greatest game of all time.

If you've ever liked FPS or 3rd person games, casting spells, swinging swords, chopping with a mighty axe, open world games, rpg's or mighty dragons then you'll absolutely love Skyrim. Im 100 hours into Skyrim so far and have barely scratched the surface of what's possible. There are a few glitches which will no doubt
    Quite simply, Skyrim ousts Oblivion as the greatest game of all time.

There are a few glitches which will no doubt be fixed in future updates however none of them serious enough to really spoil your experience.

In addition to the main quest involving dragons, kings and vacant thrones you'll spend months completing other questlines as a thief, mage, warrior, assassin, or all of those. Then will you be a rebel or imperial? Not to mention the hundreds of other random quests you can do.

Then there's the exploration side of things, i doubt i will ever get to visit EVERY place, even now I have uncovered 150+ locations and the map still looks bare.

With regular DLC to follow, as Bethesda did with Fallout, then there will be even MORE to do this year!

The only downside to the game is that in a years time I'll be wanting Elder Scrolls 6, and I don't want to wait another 5 years for it ..... :(

This game ended my COD addition, MW3 has been gathering dust for 4 weeks. And I like COD. A lot.

If you like computer games and have a 360, buy Skyrim.
  25. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim is a huge brilliant open world rpg and shows us exactly how the genre should be done. Rather than funnelling you into doing the main quest, after a brief start, it sets you free to go and see and do whatever you want. It has such a huge amount of content that other games charging the same price while containing so little content seem like rip offs. Everything about this game, minusSkyrim is a huge brilliant open world rpg and shows us exactly how the genre should be done. Rather than funnelling you into doing the main quest, after a brief start, it sets you free to go and see and do whatever you want. It has such a huge amount of content that other games charging the same price while containing so little content seem like rip offs. Everything about this game, minus the bugs seem perfect. GOTY no doubt. Expand
  26. Nov 13, 2011
    I had been looking forward to this game for the whole year and it exceeded all of my expectations; although there are many errors that im sure will be patched, the game is brilliant. It has an amazing story and an endless amount of quests which all are very fun. I have heard that some people find the dragon fights irritating but i can't see why, each dragon fight gives you a great sense ofI had been looking forward to this game for the whole year and it exceeded all of my expectations; although there are many errors that im sure will be patched, the game is brilliant. It has an amazing story and an endless amount of quests which all are very fun. I have heard that some people find the dragon fights irritating but i can't see why, each dragon fight gives you a great sense of achievement! Expand
  27. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing! Exceeded all of my expectations, and all my friends expectations, and then some. The BEST Elder Scrolls--and open-world RPG--to date. Though I bought it for the 360 I also plan to purchase it for the PC at some point (something I'm not ashamed of), to take part in the excellent modding community.
  28. Nov 11, 2011
    This is the best game i've ever played in my life.
    If you liked oblivion you'll adore this one; if you didn't play oblivion you must try Skyrim and lose yourself in tamriel's land...huge,wonderful, endless, beautiful, surely GOTY.
    Bethesda did it again..
    a Must buy
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    This is simply an excellent game. I mean, it is a must have. I can not stop playing it. This game will probably cause me to fail calculus and chemistry and my girlfriend to break up with me. But seriously, you should defiantly get this game.
  30. Nov 12, 2011
    Absolutely amazing! The gameplay shines, the audio will blow your head up and the visuals will make your eyes bloodshot. And this is all in a good way. The story will suck you like a whirlpool and not let go. There is so much to discover, so much to do. You can not just play this game once, otherwise you would be missing out on a lot of things. If you will excuse me, gotta go kill someAbsolutely amazing! The gameplay shines, the audio will blow your head up and the visuals will make your eyes bloodshot. And this is all in a good way. The story will suck you like a whirlpool and not let go. There is so much to discover, so much to do. You can not just play this game once, otherwise you would be missing out on a lot of things. If you will excuse me, gotta go kill some creatures in Skyrim. Expand
  31. Nov 11, 2011
    cant even explain how good this game is , only reason you wouldnt like it is if you only play games that have you move in a straight line and hold your hand through the thing e.g. most fps .
    the game involves having a brain to play not just hack and salsh from end of a map to the other.
  32. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm usually not one to give out 10s since the "perfect" video game can never exist, but Skyrim's excellence is far to great for me to score it anything lower. I've never played any of the other Elder Scrolls games since I'm not a huge RPG fan, but I saw the hype on the internet and among friends about Skyrim and decided I'd pick it up. Since doing that I've barely been able to put itI'm usually not one to give out 10s since the "perfect" video game can never exist, but Skyrim's excellence is far to great for me to score it anything lower. I've never played any of the other Elder Scrolls games since I'm not a huge RPG fan, but I saw the hype on the internet and among friends about Skyrim and decided I'd pick it up. Since doing that I've barely been able to put it down. In fact, the only reason I'm not playing it all the time is because I have a ton of school work to get done; otherwise, I'd be all over it. Skyrim has GOTY written all over it. Please, do NOT be discouraged if you aren't usually a fan of RPGs. I'm not either for the most part (the only exception before Skyrim was Mass Effect 1/2). However, Skyrim changed all that for me. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves games. This is a must-buy. Expand
  33. Nov 13, 2011
    this is one of the best games i ever played it is so good in every aspect luckily i havent experienced one glitch yet and have played for 30 hours it has an amazing world to explore its my 2nd favourite rpg game fallout 3 being first and my 4th favourite game of all time (u2 first fallout 3 2nd uncharted 3 3rd) but i will be playing this game forever :)
  34. Nov 14, 2011
    Epic game. Tons of quests and places to explore. I honestly give this game a 10 and almost positive it's going to be game of the year. This game is so addicting it's ruining my life. easily a 10 out of 10. GO BUY IT and play it NOW
  35. Dec 14, 2011
    I have never played such a broken unplayable game in my life! I was only able to play the game for 4 hours (on xbox 360), but within that time all I saw were glitches, confusing ineterfaces, and zero direction. They don't even tell you how to play, so I wasted 20 minutes getting frustrated trying to get out of the area where you create your character! Once I finally found my way, every.I have never played such a broken unplayable game in my life! I was only able to play the game for 4 hours (on xbox 360), but within that time all I saw were glitches, confusing ineterfaces, and zero direction. They don't even tell you how to play, so I wasted 20 minutes getting frustrated trying to get out of the area where you create your character! Once I finally found my way, every. single. enemy was frozen! Everyone stood still, even as I hacked at them with my sword. Elk were rigid and still in the forest, travelers weren't traveling, just standing around, and nobody in the first town could move. I restarted the game, which got them moving, but the glitches didn't end there. The game is a bore when working, but not even fun to laugh at the rest of the time. If it works I could see why people enjoy it, but Bethesda has really messed up this time. How could they release such a mess? Expand
  36. Nov 15, 2011
    I will never see the sun again nuff said

Also this game is amazing..... i don't want to unleash my wave of how awesome this game is..... i end there... OOOOMMMGGG no don't do it. hahaha im not going to do it. im gonna hold in my excitement. everytime i think about this game. it makes me happy
  37. Nov 12, 2011
    I honestly wasn't a fan of oblivion, the other elder scrolls games or other games in this genre, but this game is amazing, it takes the good parts of both oblivion and fallout and puts it all into one excellent package, the graphics have been much improved, the combat feels a lot better and the dragons are beautiful. One thing that bugs me is that it's harder to kill a troll or a giantI honestly wasn't a fan of oblivion, the other elder scrolls games or other games in this genre, but this game is amazing, it takes the good parts of both oblivion and fallout and puts it all into one excellent package, the graphics have been much improved, the combat feels a lot better and the dragons are beautiful. One thing that bugs me is that it's harder to kill a troll or a giant than it is to kill a dragon, which makes no sense, but that's just a minor problem really, I can't put the game down. Expand
  38. Nov 11, 2011
    A game so well made it gives me chills. The attention to detail is for my part never before seen in a videogame. I was very hyped for this game, and I was very surprised when Skyrim exceeded ALL of my expectations. 60$ for a game this scope; it's a real bargain.
  39. Nov 12, 2011
    Simply amazing. Rich lore and amazing gameplay. There is no reason NOT to buy this game. The glitches will be patched as soon as possible. I really enjoy sneaking around as a ranger.
  40. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is awesome !!!!! This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!
  41. Nov 11, 2011
    I'm so confused at all the people who wrote negative reviews. They all say "it's the same thing we've been seeing for the past few years" and yet it's like they don't actually play it, they just watch walkthroughs. The story starts of relatively slow then gets progressively better, it takes more than 10 minutes to get into but once you're in, there's no going back! Graphics? I don't reallyI'm so confused at all the people who wrote negative reviews. They all say "it's the same thing we've been seeing for the past few years" and yet it's like they don't actually play it, they just watch walkthroughs. The story starts of relatively slow then gets progressively better, it takes more than 10 minutes to get into but once you're in, there's no going back! Graphics? I don't really give a **** about them but they're mediocre. The sounds are very high quality and it makes the experience all the more enjoyable. I'd give it a 9.5/10 for some very minor bugs and some bad animations, but it really doesn't subtract from your experience all that much unless you care about graphics THAT MUCH. Expand
  42. Nov 11, 2011
    Simply put, the best game i have ever played. Bethesda outdid themselves once again. I just love to see a company really put this much time and effort into a game. With a project of this magnitude there will be bugs and glitches but as long as they aren't game breaking i actually find them quite amusing. I'll definitely be playing this game for quite some time.
  43. Nov 13, 2011
    Amazing. A truly incredible experience that every Human Being should be able to enjoy. Goes above and beyond what all other developers have to offer. This isn't a game, this is art.
  44. Nov 11, 2011
    After spending hours of my life exploring in Oblivion I wondered if my thumbs could handle another trek of that kind. Well after a mere 8 hours with Skyrim I can safely say the gamble has paid off. Skyrim is a must have game for any gamer that loves an role play game. Pick this game up ASAP as you will not regret it!!
  45. Nov 12, 2011
    I'm 17 hours into Skyrim, and more than anything, there is only one problem I have with it. The more I play, the better it gets, and the better it gets, the more I play. If you have any respect for Video Games, or Fantasy in general, you need to play this game. It's unquestionably the best game I have ever played - so much depth, an impressive world, that feels very much alive, and some ofI'm 17 hours into Skyrim, and more than anything, there is only one problem I have with it. The more I play, the better it gets, and the better it gets, the more I play. If you have any respect for Video Games, or Fantasy in general, you need to play this game. It's unquestionably the best game I have ever played - so much depth, an impressive world, that feels very much alive, and some of the best combat in a first person RPG to date. Just Play it. It makes full use of the Xbox's limited hardware, and is a truly beautiful game. FUS DOH RAH! Expand
  46. Nov 13, 2011
    I highly recommend this game. It is very engrossing and intuitive and just plain fantastic. The level of immersion is very good and getting sucked into the world is very easy. The combat is fun and magic is amazing to use. Graphics are really good and overall this game just rocks.
  47. Nov 25, 2011
    This is my first Elder Scrolls game and i say it really good, offers hours and even days of fun. Complete character customization, weapon and armor customization, and even make and enchant your own weapons and equipments. Skyrim offers a grand wide map for players to adventure and explore. The battle system works great, dragon battles is so much fun, the music in the background matches theThis is my first Elder Scrolls game and i say it really good, offers hours and even days of fun. Complete character customization, weapon and armor customization, and even make and enchant your own weapons and equipments. Skyrim offers a grand wide map for players to adventure and explore. The battle system works great, dragon battles is so much fun, the music in the background matches the scene perfectly. There are factions to join and a civil war that needs you to end it. The are some glitches and bugs but a game like would contain some inevitable bugs. The only thing that i pull this game down to a 9 for me is that the companion AIs are sometime being very stupid and dumb. Most of the time while im exploring, i often have to look back to see if my companion is still following me or does he/she wander somewhere else. Other than that, this game offers alot of fun and is definitely worth your money. Expand
  48. Nov 13, 2011
    Theres no words to describe it. From the immense territory to the magic you cast. I can even write a book about this and im only on the 11th hours of the gameplay. I wont spoil anything, but if you have a console for it, youve got to play this game. YES, theres alot of people that claim that this is the game of the CENTURY, but those people have played it already, something that manyTheres no words to describe it. From the immense territory to the magic you cast. I can even write a book about this and im only on the 11th hours of the gameplay. I wont spoil anything, but if you have a console for it, youve got to play this game. YES, theres alot of people that claim that this is the game of the CENTURY, but those people have played it already, something that many gamers doubt and automatically hate about this game before even trying it. YOU NEED TO PLAY IT IN ORDER TO BELIEVE IT. Is that simple. Expand
  49. Nov 14, 2011
    Already played it 30+ hours, Only level 20 and Still freaking loving it! The world of Skyrim is great to explore, the armour has had major improvements from Oblivion, as well as graphics gameplay, options, the Ridiculous amount of quests, the Perk system and what the tree's can give you and many other major improvements that feels great every moment. I think My main problems is that, theyAlready played it 30+ hours, Only level 20 and Still freaking loving it! The world of Skyrim is great to explore, the armour has had major improvements from Oblivion, as well as graphics gameplay, options, the Ridiculous amount of quests, the Perk system and what the tree's can give you and many other major improvements that feels great every moment. I think My main problems is that, they simplified it too much. although in situations like the "Major and Minor Skills" it's in a way an exception. But when you remove the attributes and use Health, stamina or Magica as your attributes, it's just Absurd! the weapon arsenal like in Oblivion feels Limited in terms of what you could be using, Cause I'd like to tomahawk someone in the face, or execute someone with a halberd! allot of the soundtrack is a Copy and paste from Oblivion and Morrowing, Except for the battle Songs. In certain areas, it does feel like it is moving away from elder scrolls and going to a fallout feel. And finally, I don't know if it's just me, or is the options Interface usually unresponsive for a short time, because it can get frustrating sometimes! Either way, Skyrim is still absolutely fun as hell, and you should get it only for the fact that it's a Elder scrolls game!!! Expand
  50. Nov 15, 2011
    Amazing game. Not too much to say. Map is huge. Hours upon end of exploration. Combat system works perfect. Storyline is fun and gets the player involved with decision choices, plenty of side quests to do and skills to improve. This game is one to buy, impossible to get bored. 10/10
  51. Nov 14, 2011
    Skyrim is all my wildest dreams come true. I didn't play too much of Oblivion (or any other Elder Scrolls games) to know exactly how it worked as far as game play is concerned, but the fact I can shoot fire out of my left hand and use an iron mace in my right hand, fighting bandits, creatures, and even dragons, is something that gets me excited. As only having the 360 to play it on, I amSkyrim is all my wildest dreams come true. I didn't play too much of Oblivion (or any other Elder Scrolls games) to know exactly how it worked as far as game play is concerned, but the fact I can shoot fire out of my left hand and use an iron mace in my right hand, fighting bandits, creatures, and even dragons, is something that gets me excited. As only having the 360 to play it on, I am probably a little cheated on how great the scenery could be, but it is amazing, coming from the bleak, barren landscapes of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. The story is pretty good, although I thought the beginning was a little predictable, the dragon coming a the exact moment you were to be executed, but the escape sequence was pretty cool. The choice of classes is great, something Fallout doesn't provide, so there is a more specialized pattern of abilities and traits that I am capable of obtaining, and it gives me reason to go back and play this game again after I beat it, as another class. All in all, a very solid game. Although I am only about 5 hours into it, I can say this is one of the best open-world RPG games I have played in a while, and definitely a much needed break from the Fallout series. Expand
  52. Nov 15, 2011
    After some 30 hours in, I am still blown away by how great this game is. It truly is a masterpiece in gaming. One moment you could be scaling an huge mountain, the next plundering the tomb of a long dead king or even fighting to the death with an ancient dragon. The graphics are fantastic and yes there are a few bugs but they are so minor, unless you are intentionally hunting for errorsAfter some 30 hours in, I am still blown away by how great this game is. It truly is a masterpiece in gaming. One moment you could be scaling an huge mountain, the next plundering the tomb of a long dead king or even fighting to the death with an ancient dragon. The graphics are fantastic and yes there are a few bugs but they are so minor, unless you are intentionally hunting for errors because you are another game's fan-boy you very rarely notice them.

If you are still some how on the fence about buying this game I urge you to do it as soon as possible. Each moment you are spending not in Tamriel (the games setting) is a moment wasted.
  53. Nov 21, 2011
    absolutely amazing..the game is massive in size , i spent a week not following the story line and doing my own thing an still not reached the edges of the world .. when i go up the snowy mountains i actually feel cold lol
  54. Nov 16, 2011
    best game there is around. Beautiful graphics and great game play. this game could definteley be able to occupy anybody for over a year and not have them waste money on any other game
  55. Nov 20, 2011
    i think is a good game but i think it doesn't evolve from past series, the game could do a lot more, and i mean a looooot but i am disappointed. the graphics are great and the sound to, the gameplay is the same
  56. Nov 21, 2011
    I think the elder scrolls skyrim is an amazing pinnacle of gaming the graphics and story line are amazing but even if you dont want to stick to the main storyline there is many hours of fun to be had exploring the massive map and completing the side quests. On a scale of 1-10 this game is an 11 -Xbox360Critic
  57. Nov 22, 2011
    Absolutely BRILLIANT. Skyrim is a massive improvement on its amazing predecessor Oblivion. The menu system is visually stunning, clean and easy to manage/follow. Combat animation has improved dramatically and the cut scene animations are just the icing on the cake. The quests and guilds are new, exiting and have a lot of twists and turns which keep you involved and immersed in the story.Absolutely BRILLIANT. Skyrim is a massive improvement on its amazing predecessor Oblivion. The menu system is visually stunning, clean and easy to manage/follow. Combat animation has improved dramatically and the cut scene animations are just the icing on the cake. The quests and guilds are new, exiting and have a lot of twists and turns which keep you involved and immersed in the story. The Main Quest was great but the sweet thing is knowing this game isn't just a 2/3 hour and then get bored game, it is a truly massive free-roam environment in which there are hours upon hours of things to do keeping the player stuck to the TV and provides them with what feels like a truly graphically rich , deep, living world. The levelling and character management system feels so much better and more effective in shaping and helping to distinguish your own personal character without pinning him down to just one speciality. The audio of the game only adds to the experience and makes everything that much sweeter in such a huge landscape. The 3rd person camera angle and jumping are better animated and makes that type of play-style feel so much more believable and realistic. The amount of work that has gone into this game is breathtaking and shows how much Bethesda love making games, how dedicated they are, how much they listen to fan feedback and how far they are willing to go to create some so big and enjoyable for everyone (I loved how they even went as far as to use a choir for the audio, its breathtaking). I for one as a student study to become a games programmer take inspiration from games like these, Bethesda have done a great job. Did I mention the game also have dragons? Completely unscripted which only adds to the re-playability of the game, the fact that even the developers don't know when a dragon might come up is just great. Yes, this review is incredibly favourable because the game in terms of a multimedia product only helps further blur the lines between film and games, and further shows what games can achieve and how technology/incredibly dedicated people can create such stunning masterpieces. However be warned, there are many bugs with this game which does hinder the experience as well as the same voices being recycled on different characters, NPC characters being idiots, etc. However with something so big its worth it. (I feel I must also mention how unlike Oblivion there is not constant lag on a horse and loads of pausing while the loading icon appears). This is my favourite game (could you tell :P) . I can't wait for future DLC to see what else Bethesda have in store. Anyone on the edge about buying this, don't be. Go and get it, I am very sure you won't be disappointed. 10/10.(First time I have ever rated a game this high, I am also a huge Gears of War fan yet wouldn't even rate number 3 this high) Expand
  58. Nov 22, 2011
    It is a vast understatement to call this an "Improvement" over Bethesda's previous installment in the series. Almost every feature has been improved upon, from the quick use menu and favourites list, to the graphics and stat system. It is almost difficult to believe that this game is running on the same hardware as Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, as you take in the breathtaking scenery andIt is a vast understatement to call this an "Improvement" over Bethesda's previous installment in the series. Almost every feature has been improved upon, from the quick use menu and favourites list, to the graphics and stat system. It is almost difficult to believe that this game is running on the same hardware as Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, as you take in the breathtaking scenery and character design. From giant, amazing and beautiful creatures such as Dwemer robotic golems, mammoths and of course, dragons, to the small insect life, and birds flying overhead. This game is teeming with life, and features some of the most beautiful creature animations i have seen to date. A couple things bothered me greatly about the still fun and amazing elder scrolls oblivion, such as an extreme abundance of glitches, as well as a horrible stat system, which discouraged playing the game freely without pruning each skill specifically, as to raise your stats to be the highest possible. Skyrim changes the around perfectly, with a system that encourages you to play exactly how you want to, and become exactly who you want to be. I personally chose a heavy armor specializing Khajiit, with a focus on restoration magicka and talents in smithing, alchemy, enchanting and speech. In addition, it is appealing to find a lack of glitches in the game, after experiencing how common they were in previous installments. I have found a handful in perhaps over a hundred hours of gameplay, which is to be expected with any game, none-the-less such a massive open world experience. So far I have played 100+ hours, and I am still finding creative, entertaining, and often awe inspiring scenes, quests, and situations in the game. I expect to play at least a hundred more hours, not including the guaranteed extra play-though or two in my future. In my opinion, the improvements made, and complete mass of quality and quantity in this game should put to shame some of the other recent games to come out, such as Skyward Sword, and Modern Warfare 3. Same genre or not, it should be easy to see which of the series' titles outshines the others in improvements made and overall quality Expand
  59. Nov 24, 2011
    Skyrim is, by far, the best game in the Elder Scrolls series so far. Of course this should be expected, what with the current state of game engines, graphics and innovation, literally expanding rapidly on what is possible to realize in a game - and doing so in a convincing fashion.

Having said that, I doubt that anyone could ever stand on a monutain in Skyrim, and not have their breath taken away by the impressive vista. The misty slopes, the ever expanding horizon - and the knowledge, that one can literally go and visit any location in sight. The graphics, especially on the PC's highest setting, are nothing short of stunningly beautiful.

In terms of gameplay, Skyrim has definately seen some improvements since its' predecessor; Oblivion. The universal acclaimed UI improvements have not been exaggerated, and as I'm sure any Oblivion veteran will instantly agree with, the leveling / perk menu is by far one of the biggest improvements in Skyrim. It's simple, easily understood to even the most inexperienced of gamers. The fact that the menu itself is also an animated version of all three "major" star constellations in the game, doesn't hurt either.

While Skyrim definately has a high replay value, assuming that one ever manages to complete every quest and faction accessible, there are some issues that would deter one from doing so. While one could argue that these are all minor issues, they add up into a sense of frustration.

The facial animations are stiff, and somewhat bereft of life. While this might be blamed on the fact that I recently played LA Noire, this seems to be a consistent issue in the Elder Scrolls series. The bugs and glitches. I've seen people do a semi-Kitty Pride trick with doors and walls. While not a major issue in terms of progression, it does remove a lot from the sense of immersion. And speaking of that...

The AI. While the AI on NPC's has been upgraded somewhat since Oblivion, there are still moments of complete and utter.. annoyance. This has, in my case, included companions running against a pillar (and getting stuck there), dragons using the same, rather plain tactic in terms of fighting and -worst of all- important people tied to quests, willingly walking off from cliffs, walls and even the rare mountain.

All in all, the above issues come down to nitpicking. Like I said however, they do add up, and in the end the player is repeatedly reminded of the fact that it's a game, rather than an immersive experience. And the less is said about the state of PS3 owners, the better... In the end, Skyrim makes for a great experience. Its' breathtaking world, the dozens and dozens of intriguing storylines and the reasonably smooth gameplay, all in all makes for a gaming experience that will make you forget about the real world in a heartbeat. Get ready to kiss your friends, jobs and everyday life goodbye - it'll happen if you buy this game.

9/10 - the bugs, glitches and somewhat simple AI being the only things that keep this game from perfection.
  60. Nov 24, 2011
    One of the greatest games i've ever played. Great graphics, huge open world and awesome storyline. In my honest opinion The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is just perfect!
  61. Feb 4, 2012
    I wanted to like this game, really bad. With all the hype surrounding it I was expecting a lot. However in recent years Bethesda seems to just be churning out mediocre games filled with bugs and ultimately feel unsatisfying. There's no real challenge here, just an extraordinary amount of things to do. The biggest fault of this game for me was the combat. Simply put, the combat is justI wanted to like this game, really bad. With all the hype surrounding it I was expecting a lot. However in recent years Bethesda seems to just be churning out mediocre games filled with bugs and ultimately feel unsatisfying. There's no real challenge here, just an extraordinary amount of things to do. The biggest fault of this game for me was the combat. Simply put, the combat is just boring and easy; no matter what type of combat you choose to specialize in you can do well, because there is little strategy at all to approaching fights. The game world, while beautiful, utilizes the same type of randomly generated events and encounters we've been seeing in these types of games for years now. Overall, the game isn't terrible, but it nots nearly as ground-breaking or flawless as people make it out to be. Expand
  62. Nov 26, 2011
    My favorite RPG of all time. I've only played about 10, but I still love this one. I have over 80 hours logged on this game, and I still have lots to do. There are a few bugs, but nothing that can't be patched. it's fun.
  63. Dec 1, 2011
    If I had to use one word to describe Skyrim, it would probably have to be "generous". It's a game that utterly immerses you in its setting. Oblivion was a game with a fairly cut-and-paste landscape in which you could create a classed character organically and in your own mould. Fallout 3, ironically enough, was game that *featured* more mould in a more fleshed-out albeit manky world,butIf I had to use one word to describe Skyrim, it would probably have to be "generous". It's a game that utterly immerses you in its setting. Oblivion was a game with a fairly cut-and-paste landscape in which you could create a classed character organically and in your own mould. Fallout 3, ironically enough, was game that *featured* more mould in a more fleshed-out albeit manky world,but characters tended to be some combination of "punch man", "shoot man", "pick lock" and "fix computer". Skyrim's world is built of vastly distinct biomes ranging from verdant tundra to snowy wastes to REALLY freaking snowy wastes. Its character development is three dimensional; in fact it's more like seven dimensional. It's a vast, freeform in quality of what could increasingly be called a genre of its own, the "Bethesda RPG" - which was already a watchword in If there's a solid criticism of the game, it's the melee combat; Bethesda's yet to find a first-person melee system that really works; up-close skirmishing just doesn't work through a restricted point of view and with limited manipulation of your pointy things. Dead Island's oar-swingy system may have played like a drunk remote control retard, but it could at least be said to be pushing the boundaries.

Apart from dodgy manpunching, Skyrim deserves the title of Instant Classic just for the seemingly bottomless grab-bag of interesting, unique missions handsculpted from its immersive continent. When you've poured in two weeks of nightly gameplay are still being surprised with new enemies and weapons, and you've just run into Max Von Sydow, it's really hard to complain about value for money, even having paid the premium fourty pounds on release. When the price comes down, there should be no-one with facial hair who hasn't played, and loved, this game.
  64. Dec 5, 2011
    should add some people have made posts saying there are no stats for anyone who is intrested there are plenty of stats available, kills ,quests,places visted theres about 3 pages worth. some reviews are plain troll reviews and do not tell the truth.
  65. XLX
    Dec 6, 2011
    With such a legacy as The Elder Scrolls it is hard to even start a review on a game as expansive as Skyrim. With so much going on in the land of Skyrim there are countless hours to be lost exploring caves, tombs, towns, and ruins. When you are not getting attacked by dragons from above ore wolves at your feet it is nice to take a look at the beautiful landscape that has been created forWith such a legacy as The Elder Scrolls it is hard to even start a review on a game as expansive as Skyrim. With so much going on in the land of Skyrim there are countless hours to be lost exploring caves, tombs, towns, and ruins. When you are not getting attacked by dragons from above ore wolves at your feet it is nice to take a look at the beautiful landscape that has been created for the player to enjoy. The game itself has many flaws and bugs that should never have made it through quality assurance testers. However I have only seen one or two game breaking bugs and even then it usually means you cant finish a certain quest line. I am impressed with this game even though I think they ruined a bit of the fun by adding in the perk tree forcing me to choose what I really want to be proficient in where in the other games in the series if I used it I received the perks. Many good things have been taken out but also many bad things have been corrected.

Bethesda has made a great game but falls back into the problem of not truly listening to what the gamer wants to see especially the little things that should be truly easy to program and change.

If you like the other Elder Scrolls games this game is worth every penny and even though small things will still upset you it is great in the grand scheme. If you have never played an Elder Scrolls game before you may want to borrow/rent it for two hours, If you aren't having fun in the first two hours you probably wont like the rest of it.

Games

Pros: Lots of things to do and places to explore
    Cons: Didn't fix some problems from Oblivion/ Lots of bugs still with little acknowledgement
    (1) Recommend: Yes
    (3) Enjoyment: 3 I have played well over 120 hours and still want to play more
    (3) Art: 3 Beautiful landscape and scenes
    (3) Sound: 2 Great music but lacks variety
    Grade: 90%
  66. Dec 29, 2011
    If you haven't bought it yet, just do it. This game is absolutely phenomenal. The only problem I had with the game was the pacing. An early part of the main quest asks for you to travel up a mountain to speak to some wizards. There is a frost troll that will 2 shot you at the level the quest is given to you. Immediately after, you are sent to some catacombs with very low level monsters.If you haven't bought it yet, just do it. This game is absolutely phenomenal. The only problem I had with the game was the pacing. An early part of the main quest asks for you to travel up a mountain to speak to some wizards. There is a frost troll that will 2 shot you at the level the quest is given to you. Immediately after, you are sent to some catacombs with very low level monsters. This sort of inconsistency happens frequently. However, this gives you the opportunity to do quests for the various guilds and level up through these side quests. Even if you only complete the quests for one guild, difficulty spikes will not be nearly as obvious. As a result, i would give the game a perfect score, as everything is expertly crafted, and the difficulty of the start of the game nudges you towards even more content. I think this game deserves game of the year, and I think it is well worth the $60 to buy it. Expand
  67. Sep 24, 2012
    This game receives all the greatness it gets! It is truly a fun addicting game, with stunning visuals, and tons of content! 10 out of ten!
  68. Dec 16, 2011
    What can I say that hasn't already been said about this amazing piece of art work. This is so much more then a game
  69. Dec 20, 2011
    A brilliant masterpiece. Bethesda keeps getting better and better. A massive, beautiful rpg with an interesting story backdrop and a beautiful musical score that is truly epic. The statistics are there, and the detail is amazing. 150 hours in and maybe halfway done. One of the best games I have ever played.
  70. Dec 22, 2011
    i hate to say it but pcforever had way too many good points...i absolutely love the game i have spent waaaay too much time playing but but like he said..i basically ran through it on auto pilot...didnt have to read a book or listen to an npc i just clicked through the convo raided the cave or dungeon killed everything then proceeded..i actually wanted to give this game a 10 i swear righti hate to say it but pcforever had way too many good points...i absolutely love the game i have spent waaaay too much time playing but but like he said..i basically ran through it on auto pilot...didnt have to read a book or listen to an npc i just clicked through the convo raided the cave or dungeon killed everything then proceeded..i actually wanted to give this game a 10 i swear right hand to god but after reading pcforever's review i actually cant...im not a pc player so graphics a perfect to meand i like the story and i dont know what kind of stuff he was doing but i constantly found myself running out of gold and i had made all daedric armor and weapons early on before 25% of main quest was even done so i needed to buy nothing but houses and crap....definitely cant go without giving this game a playthrough it is an absolute must ....Hopefully the make it a little more interactive in a sense!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  71. Dec 22, 2011
    Every few years a game comes along that elevates the genre and sets a new bar. This game has some bugs and glitches, but the overall product is so enjoyable you easily look past them. It's a game changer, and will be a defining game the likes of Mario 3, Zelda, and Halo.
  72. Dec 26, 2011
    The absolute best game in its class. There is nothing that compares to this game. There is non-stop things to do, amazing story-line, amazing graphics, amazing combat system. This is all around a stunning game, Bethesda absolutely out-did themselves with this game.
  73. Dec 29, 2011
    I think this is one of the masterpieces of 2011, because the world is much bigger than oblivion and the graphics are beautiful. But... the combat is stiff and there are some bugs that not belong in such a game with uch a fan-base
  74. Dec 29, 2011
    Rented this game at redbox, not sure whether I would like it. Within hours I was hooked. I went out and bought it the next day. The graphics are superb, the story line amazing. Game of the year in my opinion. Worth every cent.
  75. Jan 9, 2012
    This game is so vast and immense it is impossible to do everything. The graphics are amazing and the story is great. You actually feel like you're apart of the game. The lore behind this game is so deep that you it feels like a real world. The magic system is fun and interesting. Combat is way better this time around and isn't hack and slash like before. This is an awesome game that I willThis game is so vast and immense it is impossible to do everything. The graphics are amazing and the story is great. You actually feel like you're apart of the game. The lore behind this game is so deep that you it feels like a real world. The magic system is fun and interesting. Combat is way better this time around and isn't hack and slash like before. This is an awesome game that I will be playing for many years to come. Easily the best game this year. Probably the last great game of this generation. Expand
  76. Jan 6, 2012
    I simply cannot fault this game in any way. You pay the price of a standard game and get about 10 games worth of things to do. I've never particularly paid attention to the studios behind games, but since playing the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, I'm a HUGE Bethesda fan. Their games are incredible, with hours and hours of content. Either way, Skyrim has endless amounts of fun; the plotI simply cannot fault this game in any way. You pay the price of a standard game and get about 10 games worth of things to do. I've never particularly paid attention to the studios behind games, but since playing the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, I'm a HUGE Bethesda fan. Their games are incredible, with hours and hours of content. Either way, Skyrim has endless amounts of fun; the plot is excellent, the people that inhabit it are intriguing and the fact you can level up however you like to become whoever you want is brilliant. You need this game in your life - simple as. Expand
  77. Jan 15, 2012
    I have been a elder scrolls fan since daggerfall,But Morrowind was by far my favourite elder scrolls game,Then oblivion came out,I was dissapointed,DOnt get me wrong there! i loved oblivion,but i didnt get that elder scrolls feeling i used to get while playing daggerfall and morrowind,And it didnt have that fantasy element i loved.It was more medievel.I didnt like that,and more things iI have been a elder scrolls fan since daggerfall,But Morrowind was by far my favourite elder scrolls game,Then oblivion came out,I was dissapointed,DOnt get me wrong there! i loved oblivion,but i didnt get that elder scrolls feeling i used to get while playing daggerfall and morrowind,And it didnt have that fantasy element i loved.It was more medievel.I didnt like that,and more things i didnt like,bu i still loved that game.After playing years of oblivion,I got bored,And dreamed of a sequel..I did more and more research at the elder scrolls lore,and listened to the npcs in oblivion talking.I thougt the next elder scrolls game was going to take place on either summerset isles or skyrim.Every E3 i hoped bethesda would be there and announce the next elder scrolls game,They didnt.After every E3 i discussed about rmors on TES V on forums and chatted about it.I was thinking that a new elder scrolls game would never happen,But one day..I logged in on a gaming site,i didnt believe my eyes what it said " Elder scrolls v skyrim announced!
    I thaugt i was dreaming! i began to get excited,watched the trailer/teaser and got even more excited.And the land it took place on was skyrim! wich i hoped it would take place at! It was like a dream come true,i couldnt sleep that night,i could not sleep at all..Everything i was thinking about was skyrim,I couldnt wai,Now,after waiting for a long time.The game was finally in my hands,i loved it! and still love it! i have played more then 300 hours and i am not bored at all,and if i get bored i just create a new character, or roleplay the way i want,And also i love this game,a true masterpiece,the design,art of the game is just fantastic,and like every elder scrolls game this game has a rich story and a amazing lore wich you could gaze into for hours,I also think this game lived up to its hype,at least for me,I get that old classic morrowind feeling all over again,This Game is by far now my favourite elder scroll game along with morrowind,I love bethesda really much for creating this wonderful world,
    10/10.
  78. Jan 17, 2012
    Skyrim is a beautiful game that's ridiculously immersive. From the endless wandering to the seemingly never-ending number of quests, Skyrim will suck you in. The absolute perfection of Skyrim is that there is no perfect character or perfect way to play, just the character that fits your playstyle on the path you choose to take. This game is quite literally what you make of it -- doSkyrim is a beautiful game that's ridiculously immersive. From the endless wandering to the seemingly never-ending number of quests, Skyrim will suck you in. The absolute perfection of Skyrim is that there is no perfect character or perfect way to play, just the character that fits your playstyle on the path you choose to take. This game is quite literally what you make of it -- do whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want and you don't need to be an old hand at fantasy RPGs to do so. The only criticism I have for the game is that there's no ultimate affect to anything. What I mean is that you can play both sides & it doesn't seem to affect anything: side w/ the Imperials & the Companions don't seem to mind; side w/ the Stormcloaks & wander around Solitude in the middle of the Civil War & no one bats an eyelash. Somehow, however, none of this seems to take away from the game or the gameplay. I've never played a fantasy-style RPG prior to Skyrim & I'd give it a solid, solid 9.8. Expand
  79. Feb 4, 2012
    AMAZING GAME! One of my favorite games of all time. I have played so many hours I am afraid to tell people. The expansive nature of the content as well as the graphics and detail on every single landscape is superb. The only critic is that I would like to see the individual towns (world) affected by the decisions that I make in the game. For example, I help a merchant becomeAMAZING GAME! One of my favorite games of all time. I have played so many hours I am afraid to tell people. The expansive nature of the content as well as the graphics and detail on every single landscape is superb. The only critic is that I would like to see the individual towns (world) affected by the decisions that I make in the game. For example, I help a merchant become successful by completing a sidequest, but throughout the game they are still struggling and their shop is still barren. Also, to many dragons popping out to attack you. This gets old after a while and gets annoying. However, these are small critics compared to my overral great satisfaction with the game. Expand
  80. Feb 6, 2012
    What a bug-fest. Average game at best. Like anything else coming from Bethesda though. The game looks ugly, the gameplay is kinda ok, but not really my thing, the bugs though made me give up after only a couple of hours of gameplay.
  81. Feb 9, 2012
    This was one of the best games I have every played in my life, and one of the few games I have purchased that was worth every penny. While there are a few small flaws in this game they hardly detract from the overall experience. Once in a while you will encounter a glitch which can be easily fixed by saving and reloading the game, and many times the glitches won't do anything except makeThis was one of the best games I have every played in my life, and one of the few games I have purchased that was worth every penny. While there are a few small flaws in this game they hardly detract from the overall experience. Once in a while you will encounter a glitch which can be easily fixed by saving and reloading the game, and many times the glitches won't do anything except make you laugh as how absurd they are. The graphics are pretty amazing considering the gaming systems are nearing the ends of their life cycles and if you download it on your system the wait times aren't bad at all. While there are some of the familiar "go here get x number of this" quests I found myself more often then not being drawn into the rich world the game developers have crafted. Throughout the game you will often find yourself at the top of a mountain looking around in awe at the landscape below you and at other times you will find yourself extremely amused at certain characters personalities and actions. The freedom this game offers the player is unparalleled by any game before it and it lets you play how you want to. If you are a fan of fantasy and of video games in general you will not be dissapointed. A couple of things I would suggest for future updates would be: able to fly a dragon, reset your talent tree, and I know it wont happen in Skyrim I would love to see the next game have some kind of online connectivity. Expand
  82. Feb 13, 2012
    in a world were sequals and **** remakes are the norm Bethesda does everything right to make their fans happy even if it took 5 years to make every game I would gladly welcome that if it meant they were as good as Skyrim and would have good worth while dlc with good add ons to the game. Only bad bits are a few glitches and bugs and it freezes occasionally but what do you expect by such ain a world were sequals and **** remakes are the norm Bethesda does everything right to make their fans happy even if it took 5 years to make every game I would gladly welcome that if it meant they were as good as Skyrim and would have good worth while dlc with good add ons to the game. Only bad bits are a few glitches and bugs and it freezes occasionally but what do you expect by such a huge world. I want to taste Bethesda. Expand
  83. Mar 31, 2012
    To clarify, I do not actually thing Skyrim is a 0/10 game. I enjoyed it a lot, but i believe it in no way deserves high score it got, especially compared to other games on the top list, and that is why i'm giving it such a low score.
    The game is actually pretty enjoyable.Everything good that can be said about the game was already said, so i'm going to concentrate on the bad things.
    First,
    First, the game is repetitive. It was accused of being a 'single player MMO' and i agree with this judgement. There is a bajilion identical dungeons (90% of them consisting of one main tunnel, 1 or 2 dead ends and a 'secret passage' leading back to the entrance, that can be opened only after completing he dundeon. The last one is in every single cave in the game. Every. Single. solitary. One.) and most of the quests consist of "go there, kill everything, get back, so i can tap you on the shoulder". You will also see the same tower/altar/building with a broken roof/campfire reused and copy-pasted over and over again.
    Also, there are barely any memorable characters. Again, just like dungeons and buildings, most of the npc lines are reused for every blacksmith/mage/whatever. Even when you meet one interesting, kind-of-dickish merchant, and you thing "hey, i like this guy", you'll later travel to the other city, and find out dark ef living there has the same voice, and is telling the same lines. Cheap.
    Story...is very basic. And very boring. And doesn't affect the world around you in any way, other than comments from the guards. You can save the entire world, and then go to some lord or somebody, that you -just personally saved or helped- and he'll never recognize you, and then send you to give a letter to his assistant. Who then rewards you with a "Good upgrade to your equipment", obviously not seeing your full dragonbone plate, that every city guard talks about.
    If you are not slaughtering people for fun, there's no way to affect the world around you in any way. You are being told you did something, but you never see what it changed. Unlike, for example, bioware RPG's, where you can actually experience how yor actions affect other people's lives, here...Well, you just kill the most powerful man in Skyrim, yet all his people are still running around, war camps are still set, and every quest given to you by his followers is still active. There's of course a lot of good stuff to the game, but -there's over 1000 good reviews here. They already praised every single dragonscale pixel of this game.
  84. Mar 20, 2012
    So....this is the best game ever made. I could elaborate, but there is no real need to do so. Too bad RPGs are not everyone's cup of tea, because this game has no peer. This will be a very tough act for Bethesda to follow.
  85. Mar 22, 2012
    This is a great game. People complain about bugs etc but I have only suffered from one bug the entire time I have been playing and I've played Skyrim for well over 60 hours. Many people complain about the difficulty but how about this. Turn the difficulty up? Drastic I know but it works. The graphics and testures ARE improved from Oblivion and Fallout and this is the kind of game you pickThis is a great game. People complain about bugs etc but I have only suffered from one bug the entire time I have been playing and I've played Skyrim for well over 60 hours. Many people complain about the difficulty but how about this. Turn the difficulty up? Drastic I know but it works. The graphics and testures ARE improved from Oblivion and Fallout and this is the kind of game you pick up and can play for 10 hours in one sitting. There is always something to do ALWAYS new quests and people to speak to and things to loot. It is refined and improved on many levels. Movement is better, combat is refined, the skills system has been changed into something more realistic and dynamic. You wanna be good with swors? Use a sword. You wanna be a mage. Cast spells. It works well and is very fluid and new. The game has its faults as any game does. A few glitches here and there and I believe the main questline is too short but apart from those minor issues this is an immersive and great game. DO NOT listen to the other reviewers who claim the game is unplayable. This is a case by case thing and 98% of the time it works perfectly well. Expand
  86. Apr 6, 2012
    On the whole, of course, there is very little bad to say about Skyrim. Quite possibly the most immersive gaming world ever conceived, it features a startling scope of beautiful landscapes both above and (in terms of Blackreach) below the ground level. The amount of hours I sunk into traipsing across the environs is concerning, and it wasn't for a second boring. The gameplay is better thanOn the whole, of course, there is very little bad to say about Skyrim. Quite possibly the most immersive gaming world ever conceived, it features a startling scope of beautiful landscapes both above and (in terms of Blackreach) below the ground level. The amount of hours I sunk into traipsing across the environs is concerning, and it wasn't for a second boring. The gameplay is better than ever, the levelling system is better than ever (if a little easy) and the mechanics for alchemy and enchanting are better than ever.

The factions storylines were shorter than they could have been, however, and overall the meatier part of the game seemed to finish all too quickly. Bethesda boast over 300 hours of gameplay, but after about 50-60 you'll really be struggling to find things to do with your character. And though Skyrims unrestricted levelling system does feel like an improvement from Oblivion, once you get to level 40+ the game becomes quite unfulfilling. Additionally, the brevity in which one can complete entire factions/most storylines actually negatively affects replayability. I started a new character looking forward to a completely new gameplay experience and instead found it to be repetitive (and - dare I say - boring?). It's difficult to pinpoint what exactly has changed, but Oblivion had a charm which made even a 3rd or 4th playthrough delightful, and Skyrim has not translated this charm. Perhaps its the bleakness of the northern regions snowy wastes? Who knows?

Overall, Skyrim is undoubtedly a masterpiece and one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences there is. It is epic on all scales, almost to the degree of exhausting all interest in 'epic' games. Still an essential game to play.
  87. Apr 10, 2012
    This game is incredible, you will enjoy playing it for months. Despite having some little technological and combat problems (although the combat is better than it was in Oblivion, it could be better now), this game is almost perfect. If you like RPG here you have the best option, if you don't like RPG this couldn't be your game. I qualify this game thinking in RPG players.
  88. May 4, 2012
    The most overrated game I have ever seen, not as fun as it promises to be, cool in the beginning but it ends boring, and brings almost nothing new to the series.
  89. May 7, 2012
    Terrific game, loved the gameplay but some of the levels were too easy to earn. Too much glitches, this game needs to be polished. And if you save over 3-5 mb some of the game content cannot be accessed.
  90. Jan 17, 2014
    A big, expansive open world RPG with lots to do and nice graphics, let down by the forgettable plot and dated combat system.

I did all main Qs plus all but a couple of sides and clocked about 60 hours which is a big plus. Some 'AAA' games only manage 5 or 6 hours of single player. Like all Elder Scrolls games, get used to caves. You'll be seeing a lot of them. Plot is tired 'you are

Like all Elder Scrolls games, get used to caves. You'll be seeing a lot of them. Plot is tired 'you are the chosen one ' as always with TES. Dull colours, forgettable NPCs. A result of having such a large game world? Obsidian did OK with New Vegas.

That aside (and I can forgive all that), my major gripe is the dated combat TES has had since way back. No active dodge, no target lock. Blocking seems pointless, dodging means you move slowly backwards or to the side and hope you don't get hit. Or just charge in with power attacks and potions; you'll be fine. Magic has been simplified to the point of having little use beyond healing spells.

And of course, dragons; less would mean more. Towards the end of the game I just ran away because I was so bored of them.

Another Elder scrolls game that sticks to the generic fantasy formula but has a lot of value for money. If Bethesda had taken a chance on some changes to that formula, this game could have really deserved all that hype.
  91. Jun 3, 2012
    The best value for a xbox360 game period. Tons of things to do, really interesting universe, and the kinect update left an even immersive experience. It the same 06' oblivion's experience put in a whole new level.
  92. Sep 4, 2012
    It isn't as great as Morrowind, but Skyrim is probably the best game of the current generation. Even though it has it's flaws Skyrim immersive and exciting. Not many games can keep the player engaged for 300+ hours and remain fresh. Fans of fantasy and adventure should not pass this game up.
  93. Jun 26, 2012
    How can anyone not like this game?
    Skyrim incorporates all of the fun elements in RPGs, while leaving behind all the tediousness. It improves on Oblivion in all ways except for the faction mission lines.
  94. Jul 6, 2012
    A very rare piece of programming genius. it adds onto Oblivion by 110%, cramming more quests, random encounters, items, enemies and much more. This is one of the few games where you could talk to someone in a village and end up fighting dragons 3 hours later. Also, with all the little details such as weather control and miscellaneous quests, I'm surprised they actually managed to cram aA very rare piece of programming genius. it adds onto Oblivion by 110%, cramming more quests, random encounters, items, enemies and much more. This is one of the few games where you could talk to someone in a village and end up fighting dragons 3 hours later. Also, with all the little details such as weather control and miscellaneous quests, I'm surprised they actually managed to cram a game in. Absolutely bang for your buck. Expand
  95. Oct 31, 2012
    Skyrim is an amazing game and looks great. The story is just ok but all of the guilds are where the real story is. Magic looks much better in this game than Oblivion. It feels a lot more like your actions affect the game. Overall this is a great game and a great continuation of the series.
  96. Nov 22, 2012
    Excellent game, TESV:Skyrim allows players to create a very customisable character and explore a huge world, complete a huge list of quests, clear hundreds of dungeons and more. Graphics wise, a very top-notch game, from the snowy mountain peaks to the grassy plains, constantly impressing. The music is some of the best ever heard in a game before, absolutely breath taking. The game couldExcellent game, TESV:Skyrim allows players to create a very customisable character and explore a huge world, complete a huge list of quests, clear hundreds of dungeons and more. Graphics wise, a very top-notch game, from the snowy mountain peaks to the grassy plains, constantly impressing. The music is some of the best ever heard in a game before, absolutely breath taking. The game could have used with a more customisable character skill wise, and shipped with fewer bugs, but these are minor nit-picks in one of the most amazing RPGs ever made. Expand
  97. Mar 2, 2013
    Easily the best RPG game I have ever played! True open world, and has many side quests. Tons of characters, armor, weapons, etc to choose from. I can't wait for Elder Scrolls 6 to be released
  98. Apr 10, 2013
    A stunning game.
    A stunning game.
    Skyrim has truly been one of the best games I've ever played, certainly the one I've invested the most time in. Even after 200 hours, this game keeps its composure and shine. Sure, the novelty of open world wears off after awhile, but it's still so amazing how you can still discover something new after all this time playing. The colorful NPCs, (Even though there's only like- 20 voice actors) The beautiful landscape, and the engaging story lines made this game worth the $60. However, there are always criticisms. The marriage system. I really wish you could get divorced and have your own children. I bought hearthfire to adopt, thinking "Oh, I'm gonna be a father!" But it just isn't the same when you're an elf with nord kids. Still, that aside, the DLCs were well crafted, even though they were short.This game is, and always will be worth your money; a modern classic.
  99. May 4, 2013
    this game is close to perfect, the visuals are amazing, the open world is amazing, the combat is amazing, everything is amazing this game is a must own for any gamer.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011