8.4

1. Feb 24, 2012
    Probably the best game I've played in around a decade and a half of gaming. If you're looking for an incredibly immersive RPG experience, this is the way to go.
  2. Feb 25, 2012
    Skyrim was a very delightful game to play. The possibilities are endless and as a result every character you make will be different. I found the main quests a little short and in effect made me feel that i didn't have much more to achieve. To be honest i found the guild quests much more fun and entertaining to complete, for example the thieves guild quest were amazing and the story had a brilliant ending as well as the mages academy quests. the scenery was beautiful but i expect nothing less from Bethesda as oblivion's landscape was equally as good. I like how most of the NPCs had there own little story to tell and often enough quests although after battling dragons it's kinda hard to have the motivation to find someones lost dog (i Don't care). at the end of the day i think everyone who has played Morrowind would agree that skyrim is the under dog. One word VIVEC Expand
  3. Feb 29, 2012
    How do you make the next biggest, most fantastic fantasy RPG world? You make another installment in The Elder Scrolls series. Skyrim is a great improvement from Oblivion and is on the same level of epicness as The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It is a relatively large world that's so jam-packed with goodies that I'll still be finding new things in the game when I'm on my death bed. This is definitely the best game that has been made in the past few years. Expand
  4. Apr 15, 2012
    Without a doubt the best game ever made . It stand s out from the rest in a crowded market (and its even better on PC).Buy it and you wont be disappointed.
  5. Mar 6, 2012
    I'll admit this game has problems, but they are so minor. I have put 180 hours into this game, gotten every achievement (cool, right?), and pretty much done every quest possible. First the problems: Some quests become un-completable because of glitches. Money is a little broken as in early is really rare and later you have nothing to spend it on. After the main Dragon quest is done the game loses a lot of the epicness. Also the voice acting is a little to repetitive and there are problems with having companions, and the map screen sucks.

Those may sound like a lot of nitpicks, and they are. The game is hard to put down. Its incredibly addicting, an awesome plot, and really fun quests. It's really really beautiful, the dragon fights are awesome, and the civil war has interesting political ramifications. I really have a lot of great things to say, but don't feel like typing it all. Definite must but.
  6. Mar 8, 2012
    This game is a masterpiece. The environment lives and breathes and its so easy to get lost in it's beauty. From hardcore fans of the series to RPG lovers to the casual gamer; this game has something for everyone. Outstanding.
  7. Mar 8, 2012
    "Immersive" would be an understatement. I've been playing this game for about 100 hours with no end in sight. Skyrim is one of the most beautiful lands I've ever explored and it's filled with so many characters, enemies, dragons, caves and dungeons, etc. that it can seem overwhelming, but in a good way.
  8. Mar 9, 2012
    I have dropped 100+ hours into this and still am absolutely baffled by the amount of content Bethesda has managed to cram into Skyrim. Seems like I could play for another 100 hours and STILL discover new content. The world is that big and detailed. The richest, deepest, most epic experience in 30 years of gaming on Consoles and PCs. Skyrim deserves to be listed in that extremely small group of games that sets the benchmark for years to come. Expand
  9. Mar 10, 2012
    Excellent computer role-playing game which puts the player into fantasy world of Skyrim. You can explore it as you want, the main plot as old as the hills, but it doesn't ruin the whole game - it's only the fine addition to your character story. Fine graphics and controls, but user interface such as items and magic menu is too simplified in terms of design (IMHO). One of the best games in 2011y.
  10. Apr 2, 2012
    Amazing game one of the best RPGs I have played in a really long time a lot better then Oblivion and on par with Morrowind and I don't know if its better then Arena or Daggerfall but an overall enjoyable game
  11. Jun 13, 2012
    after playing morrowind and oblivion and feeling like it was not enough i was skeptical at skyrim till i played it at a friends house. I went over for just a little bit to see it and i ended up staying for hours. Everything that i did not like about Morrowind and oblivion they fixed. and the combat is sooo much better. Amazing game.
  12. Mar 18, 2012
    This is one of the best games I have ever played. Immersive and fun, with plenty of choices. You can be a werewolf, what more do I need to say? I have to guess that most of the people hating on this game are just trying to be different. Heck, I know some of them didn't even play through it significantly (by reading their reviews.) But I digress. This game is a lot of fun, and the trademark Bethesda bugs don't detract from the experience. It's simply amazing how much you can get out of this game. I got it for Christmas and I'm still nowhere done with everything I want to do in it. Expand
  13. Mar 20, 2012
    Not since Morrowind have I thrown so many hours at a single game. Even Oblivion didnt mesmerize me as Skyrim has. From the visual improvements to the streamlined leveling system to the improved magic and combat, all the way into the story-telling as a whole, Skyrim never ceased to amaze me. A fantastic journey and a milestone in the gaming industry. There is so much I could go into, from the reworking of the smithing and alchemy, to the mysteries of the dwemer ruins, all the way to the bad-assness of the dragon battles, Skyrim leaves me awestruck and wanting more time and time again Expand
  14. Mar 20, 2012
    So....this is the best game ever made. I could elaborate, but there is no real need to do so. Too bad RPGs are not everyone's cup of tea, because this game has no peer. This will be a very tough act for Bethesda to follow.
  15. Mar 26, 2012
    This is the game that we will look back on and say why is no one making these kind of open world RPGs enymore. if we still have a bethesda we will have kick ass games like skyrim.
    no day-one dlc, we get the full game,and great fan support from the dev.
    Got to give a company like Bethesda props for staying true to the elder scrolls and the fans of these games.
    If you have not had a chance
    to play this game or seen it at a friends or a trailer and came to the sense to not buy this game give it a try for yourself, a hour or two in and you will never forget the time you spent in skyrim. Expand
  16. Mar 27, 2012
    Firat time Elder Scrolls player, and I will certainly be downloading the DLC the day it comes out, This game is in my top 3 of all time, the leveling up system is the best I have ever seen in my 20+ years of gaming!
  17. Mar 30, 2012
    Brilliant. Immersive. A Masterpiece. This is Skyrim.

Bethesda never fail to deliver with a good RPG, do they? Skyrim brings the best Bethesda have to offer.
    This is a game not to be missed, for newcomers and veterans alike. This is game does everything right, fixing anything players didn't like about Oblivion; improved graphics (of course), combat, interface, dialogue, and alot less of
    those glitches you hated from before.
    The story, is very immersive, and will keep you playing until you finish, and WAY beyond. Without giving too much away; You are the Dragonborn, set to rid Skyrim of the Dragons, who have come to wreak havoc in Tamriel. Skyrim of course has side quests, and alot of them. These are what will keep you playing until you get every last artifact, weapon and spell tome. And, to top it all off, an INSANE amount of miscellaneous objectives; which can lead to some weird questlines and quests (A talking dog!)

As for the combat, the combat isn't that fun to use. You'll be using the same 2 or 3 attacks with any weapon, like Warhammers, Daggers and Greatswords. Performing power attacks take away your stamina, but deal more damage than any other attack. Performing a power attack when your enemy is on low health, and you'll enter a killcam mode, showing a finishing move with cinematic impact (Decapitation!)
    Of course, if you favour stealth and range, a bow & arrow is the way to go. You can't vary much about your bow or arrow, just the type (Long Bow, Steel Arrow, etc). Oh, and with any weapon, you can make it better via smithing or enchanting.

Customization is, like always, a big part on bow you want to play the game; and Skyrim does it really well. Like enchanting, perhaps. Want to be stealthy? Enchant your armour with a muffle sound enchantment. Like bows and arrows? Enchant your bow with a damage increase.
    Smithing is the art of creating a things like weapons, armour and jewelry using ingots, or improving weapons and armour using ingots.
    And alchemy is the art of making potions, using some of the weirdest ingredients you would never think of. Troll fat? Daedra hearts? Each ingredient has their own effect allowing you to make some really helpful potions.

And finally, the graphics and sound.
    The graphics are stunning, with a great attention to detail. You will find NPCs with their own unique thing to say, and no graphic is overused through any part of the game. In fact, the attention to detail is so good, there are ANTS. That's right, ants. On rocks, in dungeons, everywhere. Yeah, there are pop in textures every so often, but they're graphics worth popping in. As for sound, the game is divine. Travelling through forests and rivers, you will hear a fantastic tune, a quiet one that really put's you in the game. But as soon as you enter combat, another tune plays; one that really set's the mood for fast paced combat against challenging enemies, and believe me; there are ALOT of enemies; over 400. As for voice acting, Bethesda does a good job, never using the same voice actor for any two main characters. Every stranger you meet will react to your decisions; agreeing or disagree with them. They may challenge you to brawl with them, bribe you, intimidate you or persuade you, and you can do exactly the same back to them, It's a great system the really works and gives you control over who you want to be.

Closing comments:

This is possibly the greatest game on any console to date. Yes, the combat is clunky, Yes there's pop in textures, Yes there's glitches, but this is so easily out weighed by how many things this game does right: An immersive story, insane customisation, varied enemies and quests, and how long this will keep you occupied (Me: 120 hours, and counting) If you are a fan, or just getting started, of RPG's, this really, cannot be missed. And, if you aren't a fan of RPGs, let Bethesda chage your mind with this stunning, brilliantly executed game.
  18. Nov 19, 2012
    EPIC IT IS SUCH A COOL GAME. THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO FIGHT, HUNT, PUT POTS OVER PEOPLES HEAD AND STEAL ALL THERE STUFF, THERE IS JUST SO MUCH TO Do. and if you don't like it, I don't like you
  19. Apr 2, 2012
    In my personal opinion, it's the best in a already great series of games. The land of Skyrim is stylish and and fun to adventure into, the story is well done and has some great quests, and the combat is far more fun than it was in previous games. If there were any problems, it would be some quests are too repetitive and I wished some characters were more fleshed out. Overall, Skyrim is a fantastic game. Expand
  20. TJK
    Apr 5, 2012
    An epic role playing game that can provide hours and hours of fun. A huge map with what seems like unlimited stories that can start from just talking to random people. It is a creative fantasy masterpiece that is not only the best game of 2011, but one of the best games of all time. The only downfall is that it could start to get old to some people after awhile.
  21. Sep 21, 2012
    Skyrim is one those games for me it always give me that feeling like I i'm playing this for the first ever, and only one other game has done that to me! Sure it may not be popular as it use to be back in 2011 but I don't care what people say, Skyrim is my game of the year 2011 and best game of all time! The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim 10/10
  22. Apr 10, 2012
    This game is incredible, you will enjoy playing it for months. Despite having some little technological and combat problems (although the combat is better than it was in Oblivion, it could be better now), this game is almost perfect. If you like RPG here you have the best option, if you don't like RPG this couldn't be your game. I qualify this game thinking in RPG players.
  23. Jul 30, 2012
    this game is good love it it first bought it i was like oh my god fuking cool i did not stop playing the few bugs in it that kinda sucked but loved it
  24. Jun 2, 2012
    Skyrim is the kinda game you can play, and never stop playing ever. Even on my awful tv that you can barely see on, the game looks great under the hard shell of my tv screen. Why would I recommend Skyrim? Plenty of reasons. There's a lot to do. A lot to do. Lot's and lot's. I mean LOT'S. In fact, the game quests never run out. There are certain radiant quests, that never end. (You can do them over and over and over again.) It's just a fun game to play, because you choose who you are, there aren't guidelines. Without a class selection, you are free to make your character how YOU want him/her to be. A Mage? Use magic exclusively. One Handed? Use a sword, war axe, or mace frequently. It's a fantastic journey, and it's all you. Expand
  25. May 21, 2012
    Bethesda did a great job by developing a massive game like this. The experience is undiscribable. The soundtrack is amazing and the best I've ever heard in my life. The simple the combat system is the great and fun it is to play. Fighting enemies has never been more intensive, landscapes have never been more beautiful. They are variously divided, but there aren't any borders noticable when entering a new climate zone. The several towns are masterpieces of architecture, stuffed with lots of NPC's, who are almost perfectly animated and seemingly filled with the spirit of life. Skyrim puts you in another world full of dungeons to explore, quests to solve, people to talk to, items to seek and find and uncountable things to love.
    But, Skyrim still has its flaws. Fighting dragons can sometimes be frustrating because of several bugs and glitches, horses might levitate while playing this game and it might freeze from time to time.
    To have the best experience with Skyrim, do not install it onto your hard drive.
  26. May 23, 2012
    The Elder Scrolls V splits gamers opinions, but no one can deny that Skyrim is a beautiful and incredible big game. It is true that the graphics are not top notch but very good looking for that engine. Bethesda really squeezed everything possible out of it and presents the whole world very detailed, you see the love they gave this game. Especially fighting the big dragons feels like you are a true legend. You can do really much here and this game will suck you in after some hours. The huge open world you will discover while listening to the epic soundtrack include so much quests and things to do, that you will forget you play a videogame sometimes. The character customization is truly big and you can decide if you want to do more magic, closecombat, defensive playstyle or shoot with bow and arrow. You can mix your playstyles together and do what you want. I never made quests with the quest-markers or help, i always ran free around the world and discovered tombs, castles, dragons, mystical enemies or even more quests. Expand
  27. May 24, 2012
    Quite simply, the finest sandbox RPG to ever be created. Everything about it hits top marks. The scope and size of the world, its great graphics and draw distance. The massive amount of locations, cities, dungeons, quests. You can literally play this game for years and still uncover new areas. Amazing leveling up system which allows you to completly customise your character to however you like to play, so many different combinations of skills means you can easily restart as a different type of character and its a whole new game, No game comes close except Oblivion and the Fallout 3's but if you like RPG's i would imagine you've already played and loved those games. Expand
  28. Jun 3, 2012
    The best value for a xbox360 game period. Tons of things to do, really interesting universe, and the kinect update left an even immersive experience. It the same 06' oblivion's experience put in a whole new level.
  29. Jun 27, 2012
    Bethesda takes all of the elements that made their open world classics morrowind and oblivion so damn good and combined it into what could be the RPG to end all RPGs. Skyrim is a masterpiece in terms of interactive storytelling and entertainment.

***SOUP'S GAME OF THE YEAR 2011***
  30. Jul 6, 2012
    A very rare piece of programming genius. it adds onto Oblivion by 110%, cramming more quests, random encounters, items, enemies and much more. This is one of the few games where you could talk to someone in a village and end up fighting dragons 3 hours later. Also, with all the little details such as weather control and miscellaneous quests, I'm surprised they actually managed to cram a game in. Absolutely bang for your buck. Expand

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011