The Sims 3: Pets Xbox 360

3.5

1. Oct 31, 2011
    Adding pets to the Sims 3 game makes it an expansion pack, and $49.99 is expensive for this buggy expansion pack. There is so much that EA could do to improve their games, and their reputation, but instead they continue to release buggy, lazy games. Guess they are too busy focusing on how to milk the DLC and don't have time to work out the bugs. Disappointing!
  2. Nov 2, 2011
    Sims 3 pets has some very good cases to solve in the mystery section. These wont just take 10 minutes to complete they are stretched out and require a lot of good hunting around doing variable quests and will be interesting for all Sim fans. Even though the graphics remain alike to the sims 3 the game plays well and there are loads of challenges to do that will take a good few weeks toSims 3 pets has some very good cases to solve in the mystery section. These wont just take 10 minutes to complete they are stretched out and require a lot of good hunting around doing variable quests and will be interesting for all Sim fans. Even though the graphics remain alike to the sims 3 the game plays well and there are loads of challenges to do that will take a good few weeks to complete. As well as these you will also gain a hunting skill (cat) and digging skill (dog) which can be used to find all sorts of things and play a big part in quests and challenges! Pets also act in a very realistic manor following their owner and also causing chaos etc. Anyone who is a fan of sims will have plenty to do and will be accompanied by there pet to help them out. This is a good and challenging game most of the time even though most will say it's just the same as sims 3. What them people fail to realize is that games like Call of duty are almost identical to the ones that come out the year before with a different storyline but in a same style every year. Expand
  3. Dec 4, 2011
    Hey, dog! Lets go for a walk! Dog! Stop bitting on my leg, I know we're trapped in a plotless pixeled hell! But we gotta- -leg tares off- DOG! In other words, no, this game is far from being good. It's just boring, wierd, and the lost goes on.
  4. Oct 30, 2011
    This time of year isn't just about the most hardcore of shooters, the action-adventure games and the sports franchises. Before being swept up in the haze of releases these next few months - I decided to slow it down a bit and pick up the 360 version of Sims 3: Pets. I have always been a Sims fan here and there - and this was the perfect chance to jump into a stand-alone edition of anThis time of year isn't just about the most hardcore of shooters, the action-adventure games and the sports franchises. Before being swept up in the haze of releases these next few months - I decided to slow it down a bit and pick up the 360 version of Sims 3: Pets. I have always been a Sims fan here and there - and this was the perfect chance to jump into a stand-alone edition of an add-on pack that people have been waiting on for ages now it seems. Being able to actually control the pets doesn't seem all that exciting at first - and then you realize that there is a lot more to it than making sure your furry friend goes outside to use the bathroom. Your pets can have jobs (cats become cat burglars, dogs become police dogs), hunt and dig, terrorize your neigbours or make friends the very same way your Sim can. Not to mention the additions made to the game - you're basically getting the same console version of The Sims 3 released a year or so back, but you're also getting some additions in the form of new Karma powers, an entirely new neighbourhood (which is gorgeous, by the way) and new items, objects, etc. In closing - I've enjoyed this quite a bit, and it's bound to get lost in the fray of games released this season and most likely written off as casual by most gamers - but the ability to have my dog distract my horrible neighbour while my cat terrorizes his furniture and floors.. is just too fun to pass up. Expand
  5. Dec 27, 2011
    I love the Sims 3, but the pets expansion was not worth the money. This game had a lot of frustrating glitches, the graphics weren't as good as Sims 3, and I feel that they put so much emphasis on the "pets" and forgot about the other aspects of the game ( I cannot read to my toddler ). But overall, I do like it. Being able to create your own pet was cool.
  6. Jun 3, 2014
    The game is quite buggy and has a ton of lag issues. In addition to this the controls are bizarre and confusing. The house building is sort of fun, but other than that there's not much to do really. You get bored awfully fast, especially when you don't have full control over the game, because of, like mentioned before, bugs.
  7. Jun 18, 2014
    I am a sims fan myself and I enjoyed this game because there are loads of ways you can interact with objects and other sims which opens up a variety of things for your sims to do. There are tons of exciting challenges you can complete to unlock karma rewards such as new karma powers or upgrades for previously unlocked powers. Bad points about the game are things like glitches, bugs, theI am a sims fan myself and I enjoyed this game because there are loads of ways you can interact with objects and other sims which opens up a variety of things for your sims to do. There are tons of exciting challenges you can complete to unlock karma rewards such as new karma powers or upgrades for previously unlocked powers. Bad points about the game are things like glitches, bugs, the rare crashing of the game, only allowing the player to only pick 2 varieties of pets and terrible frame rate. Bugs ( major glitches ) include things like: freezing sims(mostly at around week 7), falling through the floor and random people freeze along with veicles that can ruin the save data. You can only choose from cats or dogs unlike the PC version which let's you pick horses and guinea pigs as well as cats, dogs and unicorns but you can keep a fish in both versions. Overall I recommend this game to people who are fans of the sims franchise, but I reccomend to get it if you find it on offer for about £20 or 25 dollars Expand

It's cute, and you can use the character creator to build some ruddy adorable puppies and kittens. But if you've got The Sims 3, this might feel like little more than a loveable but only semi-substantial expansion pack. On it's own, it's yet another decent slice of wholemeal life-sim.
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Dec 8, 2011
    Not enough new. [Issue#79, p.88]
  3. Dec 5, 2011
    The Sims 3: Pets is very recommendable if you're a true animal lover or new to the series.