8.6

1. Jan 12, 2014
    Can I just say HOLY S***!! This is probably one of my most favourite games of all time !! I love how it is so intense,realistic and fricken awesome, and the amount of twists... are incredible and it actually makes you yell out "OH MY GOD... !! Like literally every time something amazing but sad or just in general happens you say it ! This is definitely a MUST buy game.
  2. Nov 9, 2014
    An incredible game, possibly my favourite of all time. Telltale have crafted a story that goes far beyond what the medium generally delivers. Whilst there isn't actually as much meaningful choice as you are led to believe, the plot and characters completely make up for it
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    You play as Lee [the main character], a convicted black man, who inevitably gets a second chance in the world. It was meant for the car to crash, leading up to the point where Lee meets a child that he's obligated to protect at all costs -- all part of God's plan.

When I first played The Walking Dead, I was amazed. The game has outstanding sound, lighting, graphics, and acting. In fact, it looks like a comic book! The Walking Dead blends the themes of survival, trust, hope, and cooperation. You get to make decisions throughout the whole game. The choices you make affect the story as a whole. You actually FEEL like you're part of the game. This game is probably the first to include that feature. It's full of action. I like the fact that it's in third-person. I'm thankful that The Walking Dead is named Game of the Year in 2012. The developers did a great job of portraying an atmosphere of survival and adventure!
  4. Jan 17, 2014
    Truthfully I love The Walking Dead comic book series. The T.V. series is decent but this game from Telltale is dreadful. This game is more like watching a movie, and the camera angles are completely horrible... So you're pretty much paying for a story with bad controls... point and click is just soooo lame. Companies like this are cashing in on the name and that's about it. Then theyTruthfully I love The Walking Dead comic book series. The T.V. series is decent but this game from Telltale is dreadful. This game is more like watching a movie, and the camera angles are completely horrible... So you're pretty much paying for a story with bad controls... point and click is just soooo lame. Companies like this are cashing in on the name and that's about it. Then they released this on disc. So worried about making money that the disc doesn't even play the game. It's bugged to the max. So sick and tired of these companies releasing **** product to people. Why release it if it doesn't work????
    Go to amazon and read all the reviews. It's sad to see all the people who wasted their money because someone got too greedy. Game sucked, Good luck playing a movie with point and click controls.
  5. Jan 19, 2014
    This is an amazing game nice graphics, touching story, realistic scenario and good voices this game touches you right in the heart and makes anyone who can cry cry.
  6. Mar 15, 2014
    The Walking Dead has the ability to make any grown man cry. This game is amazing, and also has a sense of humour. Go on an adventure with Lee and Clem, making hard choices and changing the way you play. Good luck, and don't cry.
  7. Jan 24, 2014
    Original e increible Un juego completo con momentos muy mixtos el segundo episodio es epico algo muy original que no se volvera a jugar algo asi en mucho tiempo se espera secuela
  8. Feb 24, 2014
    This game would have gotten a ten from me. It has an epic story, I love the decision making, it is a very unique game. There are a lot of reviews so I'm sure you know all the good. The reason I gave this game a 6 is cuz of the insane amount of annoying glitches. I still haven't even beat the game because it loves to start me over from the beginning. This is my second copy of the game andThis game would have gotten a ten from me. It has an epic story, I love the decision making, it is a very unique game. There are a lot of reviews so I'm sure you know all the good. The reason I gave this game a 6 is cuz of the insane amount of annoying glitches. I still haven't even beat the game because it loves to start me over from the beginning. This is my second copy of the game and the same problems keep happening . If telltale can fix this, then this game would be one of my top all time games. But until then , this game is annoying as hell and can really piss me off !!! F*** glitches !! Gamers beware Expand
  9. Jan 28, 2014
    Lots of suprises, lots of deaths, lots of jumpscares... Really good game with... bad graphics... But that is ok beacuse this is amazing game. Even tough your choises dont even matter that much this game is still really well made. In a way some parts of this game are even a little bit scary. Liked the fact that in the end of every chapter they showed what decisions others made.
  10. Feb 17, 2014
    Buying the full series is like buying a bottle of your own tears

Its sad,dark at times, and overall a great game for gamers who love a good tale, and love excellent character development.
  11. Mar 6, 2014
    walking dead video game is brilliant expect the fact where the challenges are hard also getting the weapons . but this is a great game and i love the zombies and the gore
  12. Nov 7, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is quite possibly new ofthe best games I have ever played! It is full of intense, dramatic and suspenseful moments. The gameplay consists of mostly point and click exploration with occasional QTE combat. I genuinely was attached to nearly every character I came across, and truly felt like they were real people, as opposed to basic video game characters. The ending, which I will not spoil, had me in tears at the end. The Walking Dead by TellTale is a true masterpiece and will stand for decades as one of humanities greatest achievements. Expand
  13. Mar 15, 2014
    Esse game é completamente inesquecível, entra facilmente no hall de melhores games já jogados, provavelmente me arriscaria dizer em um top five! Enredo intrigante, personagens carismáticos, e muita, MUITA surpresa! Com certeza recomendaria à todos, joguem e não se arrependerão por nem um segundo sequer!
    This game is one of the best experiences I've ever had in a videogame, the story is unforgettable, the characters are amazingly well done, You start playing and when you finally realize, you've been playing for hours and hours, by far, it's one of the best games! Game of the year!
  14. Mar 27, 2014
    Another amazing game released by Telltale. Apart from their Lego games, to this series is an amazing game. The story is tailored so well that can almost cry when some one dies. Good one Telltale. I'm looking forward to Season 2.
  15. Jan 3, 2016
    After 'Sniper' it is the second game I've smashed and sent to the rubbish bin where the producers deserve to be. It's an insult to gaming intelligence and should be subject to government reviews before being put on the shelves. I wonder sometimes if the top reviews of crap like this are employees of the producers./
  16. Jul 4, 2014
    One of the best games i have ever played. This game has an incredible, deep story depending on how you choose to play it. It makes you feel for the characters. All episodes are amazing. It is definitely worth it. Play the first episode and you'll get hooked in and will keep on playing.

However, it may lag occasionally on the xbox 360 but it doesn't ruin this great game.
  17. Jul 20, 2014
    When I first heard about The Walking Dead, I thought it was a bland and uninteresting game. My Lord, was I wrong. The game is so well written, I actually cried TWICE during the game. This game is the diamond in the RPG crown. The choices actually mean everything to the game's events, so much so that there are thousands of different outcomes. The gameplay itself is extremely satisfying,When I first heard about The Walking Dead, I thought it was a bland and uninteresting game. My Lord, was I wrong. The game is so well written, I actually cried TWICE during the game. This game is the diamond in the RPG crown. The choices actually mean everything to the game's events, so much so that there are thousands of different outcomes. The gameplay itself is extremely satisfying, which is surprising, due to the game being mostly point and click style. This game isn't just a game, it's an emotional journey. Expand
  18. Dec 14, 2016
    Played it on Xbox One. Great and emotional story, likeable characters... just an amazing game. Must play and better than 90% of today movies and games.
  19. Oct 11, 2014
    I bought the first and second seasons on the Xbox live market place when they first came out. I didn't have the money to continue purchasing the next ones so I watched youtubers play them. I like idea and custom stories. This isn't the reall dead walking story for anyone asking but I find it better.
  20. Nov 14, 2014
    This Gave Me Clinical Depression, It Lets Out All The Feels!
    But One Of My Favourite Games And Probably One Of The Best Stories Of This Generation!
  21. Jan 29, 2016
    Telltales' The Walking Dead is one of the best games of our generation. Real consequences for your actions, gripping story, amazing character development, and that ending made me want to cry, if you've already bought the terrible Survival Instinct, use it a a drink coaster while you play this masterpiece. This game makes me even more exited for The Wolf Among Us. Buy this game.
  22. Apr 8, 2015
    Lo mas importante de un videojuego es entretener, que te quedes en el y no lo dejes, y este juego lo hace a la perfección. Yo no tuve la oportunidad de jugarlo en PC pero si en esta consola y en Playstation 4 y me pareció excelente.

Pros: -una trama entretenida. -poder hacer elecciones a tu estilo, ya sea ser bueno o malo con los demás personajes o dilemas morales como matar o no a

Pros:
    -una trama entretenida.
    -poder hacer elecciones a tu estilo, ya sea ser bueno o malo con los demás personajes o dilemas morales como matar o no a uno.
    -un gran trasfondo.
    -unas gráficas bien logradas para hacerlo parecer un cómic.
    -lograr convertirlo como una serie de televisión al dividirlo en 5 capítulos.
    -muy buenos diálogos.
    -la capacidad de llegarte a relacionar con los personajes es excelente, pudiendo hacer amistad o enemistad.

Contras:
    -diseño de nivel inexistente
    -algunas decisiones no afectan en nada en la historia, siendo así una historia siempre lineal.
    -algo corta la historia, dando así poca experiencia al juego.
    -muy pocas opciones para ser rejugable.

Este juego creo mucha polémica, si era de verdad un juego o una simple película interactiva, a mi en lo personal no me importa lo que sea. El punto es que me entretuvo y me dio una gran experiencia haberlo jugado
  23. May 23, 2015
    Telltale Games’ The Walking Dead (season one, which is essentially the first game) offers not just something that’s unique but something that’s great. It’s a decision-based game mixed with a well-crafted point-and-click adventure. The game was made to look like the comic book but follows its own story. As Lee, a man who was being tried for murder just before the zombie apocalypse, you meetTelltale Games’ The Walking Dead (season one, which is essentially the first game) offers not just something that’s unique but something that’s great. It’s a decision-based game mixed with a well-crafted point-and-click adventure. The game was made to look like the comic book but follows its own story. As Lee, a man who was being tried for murder just before the zombie apocalypse, you meet up with new survivors as you watch over a girl named Clementine. Your morals are used time and time again during your adventure. Plot twists are around every corner as you fight for survival, sometimes making decisions without thinking due to the limited time provided to make them, which is realistic. The survivors you’re with change frequently and the situations you’re in are consistently unique from each other so things don’t get stale. My only real complaints: this game has too many glitches and it stutters and loads too frequently. So are you a generous helping hand or a cold survivor? It's up to you! Expand
  24. Jun 5, 2015
    Video games are art. The Walking Dead is suspenseful! An interactive story where characters, dialogue and decisions are more important than the rest. I would recommend this game every time!
  25. Jun 8, 2015
    Good game with a twist that you don't expect at all, many - sided characters and dramatic plot. The only negative which was a joke about the last century is a small portion of the gameplay.
  26. Nov 7, 2015
    This game is how to make a television tie in. It expertly crafts the indie game genre into action and adventure. Please trust me that this game is a great buy , considering at the current point it is free on XBOX ONE , it is a bargain any day of the week. Personally , i think the camera angle could have done with a little bit of work and the voice acting could have been slightly better.This game is how to make a television tie in. It expertly crafts the indie game genre into action and adventure. Please trust me that this game is a great buy , considering at the current point it is free on XBOX ONE , it is a bargain any day of the week. Personally , i think the camera angle could have done with a little bit of work and the voice acting could have been slightly better. Overall though , this could stay in our minds for a while yet and I am really looking forward to play the second season.

My score: 90/100
  27. Oct 19, 2015
    Best game ever. Seriously. I used to watch the TV show and thought it was decent, but after playing this.... its so much better. This game does what hollywood wishes it could do with a story. I've never been so emotionally invested in characters and their fates from a book/movie/show/game like I was playing TWD. Its one of those things where you wish you could wipe your memory just to beBest game ever. Seriously. I used to watch the TV show and thought it was decent, but after playing this.... its so much better. This game does what hollywood wishes it could do with a story. I've never been so emotionally invested in characters and their fates from a book/movie/show/game like I was playing TWD. Its one of those things where you wish you could wipe your memory just to be able to experience it for the first time over again, like reading Harry Potter. That should tell you something, putting this game in the same air as Harry freaking Potter. It makes me wish there were more games that kept you playing for the story instead of the action and gameplay.

11/10 IGN

warning, you **may** cry, just a bit
  28. Nov 6, 2015
    The only reason I'm giving TWD:S1 a 9/10 is for the severe hitching/lagging I experienced when attempting to play this game on Xbox 360. I had to buy another hard drive to make it playable, and even then, experienced occasional hitching during the cut scenes, which was annoying.

That rant said, the game is otherwise spectacular. I want to follow that by saying if you get bored easily, or need constant action or explosions, this is not the game for you. There is considerable down time. But if you're like me and are more interested in character development and the psychological aspects of stories, you should be completely satisfied with the gameplay. And I actually love the comic book feel; in a world where nearly every game strives for hyper-realism (and rarely succeeds), it's refreshing to play a game that has its own unique look and feel, and obviously sticks to the TWD universe roots.

Overall, it's an incredible game. Relatively quick to finish, mostly because it's near impossible to stop playing-- with a fun bonus at the end.
  29. May 21, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O desenrolar da trama é boa, mas o sistema de escolhas é completamente precário. Você pode mudar o seu relacionamento com os demais personagens, mas no final das contas tudo termina exatamente do mesmo jeito. Se vc salva alguém ele simplesmente irá morrer depois como se estivesse destinado a isso. Para um game onde você passa a vida toda escolhendo, esperava pelo menos uns dois finais. Dizer que que isso não houve por causa de uma sequência é sem fundamento, pois é um jogo claramente que não custa muito caro e nem demandaria muito tempo para produzir duas linhas alternativas de história Expand
  30. Jan 14, 2016
    Lack of good moral choice thrown throughout the game-play, never truly merging the ability to hurt with the ability to save/spare. Regardless of this major flaw, not allowing you to express your playable character enough, the game is emotional, compelling, strong, and overall worth your time and money.

It does the zombie apocalypse well.
  31. Mar 6, 2017
    The game that made me a fan of TellTale games. I bought this as it reminded me of the old Broken Sword style of games only this was set in the Walking dead universe and as a fan of the series it was worth a look. Well this game is more than worth a look it is amazing and a must play game.
  32. Apr 21, 2016
    my favorite game of all time for this rasons: one of the best stories on the videogame history, one of the best quality characters on the videogame history, one of the best decisions sistem on the videogame history and more and more and more. i can talk for hours of this art work
  33. Jun 18, 2016
    I have a little personal history with this game, this game launched in 2012, and in this my foster father died, and on this game you deal with loss of people that you love and care, and that final episode with Lee... i love this game SO MUCH.
  34. Jun 7, 2016
    This is a really great game, but the Xbox 360 port is really bad, with huge FPS drops that make it almost unplayable. Worst part is that developer Telltale Games ignored all complaints about the FPS giant problems.
  35. Jul 31, 2016
    The best game there is. The characters are interesting, they grow on you so it makes you sad/mad when they die. Overall, 10/10. The best episode is probably Episode 2.
  36. Nov 28, 2016
    Probably one of the best games that telltale has ever made.The story is amazing,the characters are amazing, Everything about this game is spot on.Telltale did a good job on this
  37. Mar 13, 2017
    En préambule, qu'il me soit permis de vilipender comme il se doit le principe des jeux en épisodes, une couillonnade débectante et le lot pour ne pas dire la marque des développeurs opportunistes et minables. Ensuite, permettez-moi de conchier cette foire aux QTE, ces graphismes de fond de poubelle, cette VO marshmallow et une interface à tout le moins problématique à la manette. Quant àEn préambule, qu'il me soit permis de vilipender comme il se doit le principe des jeux en épisodes, une couillonnade débectante et le lot pour ne pas dire la marque des développeurs opportunistes et minables. Ensuite, permettez-moi de conchier cette foire aux QTE, ces graphismes de fond de poubelle, cette VO marshmallow et une interface à tout le moins problématique à la manette. Quant à l'histoire elle-même de cette BD à l'interactivité presse-bouton très limitée, elle ne casse pas des briques, loin de là ! Même Heavy Rain faisait mieux... Je ne connais pas la BD originale mais elle ne peut certainement pas être pire que cette abjecte saison de non-jeu. Expand
  38. Mar 23, 2017
    Telltale struck gold with The Walking Dead and created a comic-inspired journey of survival and emotional hurdles that ended on a wonderful note. Lee Everett's character is wonderful to play and experience the woes the walker-infested world makes tears flow from my face as conflicts and consequences come throughout the journey. The season is comprised of 5 episodes with a 6th that is aTelltale struck gold with The Walking Dead and created a comic-inspired journey of survival and emotional hurdles that ended on a wonderful note. Lee Everett's character is wonderful to play and experience the woes the walker-infested world makes tears flow from my face as conflicts and consequences come throughout the journey. The season is comprised of 5 episodes with a 6th that is a shorter experience of multiple survivors and their journeys (which is decent on its own) and each episode increases in power of character development and depravity. By the finale it turns into one of the best game moments of all time. The only cons is the graphics are not as good on other systems, load times can be a pain, the gameplay mechanics are too simple and the choices do not branch out more to allow more dynamic reactions. Despite this, the game excels at what it delivers and if you love a good story about humanity and survival you will love this guaranteed. Expand

1. Edge Magazine
    Jan 29, 2013
    This series offered some of the most memorable hours we spent holding a gamepad during 2012. [Feb 2013, p.102]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jan 29, 2013
    A masterclass in how to tell stories in games. [Issue#94, p.80]
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    Engaging, dramatic, touching: The Walking Dead is one of this year's masterpieces. Absolutely a must-have.