8.5

1. Jul 20, 2014
    When I first heard about The Walking Dead, I thought it was a bland and uninteresting game. My Lord, was I wrong. The game is so well written, I actually cried TWICE during the game. This game is the diamond in the RPG crown. The choices actually mean everything to the game's events, so much so that there are thousands of different outcomes. The gameplay itself is extremely satisfying, which is surprising, due to the game being mostly point and click style. This game isn't just a game, it's an emotional journey. Expand
  2. Jul 12, 2014
    The is surprisingly delt very well, the game is an amazing one, it has very good character development and the deaths are delt very well, some people you'll hate, some you'll love and some you will never want to die, but putting it out there, characters will die, some that you love and some you hate, and some will be totally unexpected, overall the 5 episode story keeps you hooked. The only complaint I have about it is when clementime cried at the end, it made me kind of laugh cos it looked awful. overall the game is fantastic and deserved the best story of the year, the game changes all the time. Game of the year 2012 by far Expand
  3. Jul 4, 2014
    One of the best games i have ever played. This game has an incredible, deep story depending on how you choose to play it. It makes you feel for the characters. All episodes are amazing. It is definitely worth it. Play the first episode and you'll get hooked in and will keep on playing.

However, it may lag occasionally on the xbox 360 but it doesn't ruin this great game.
  4. Jun 5, 2014
    This game totally deserves a 10. The story was really well done, I love the the stories that tell tale games make, I loved the Jurassic park game you guys made that was really well done. I loved the story in here it was really dead on, made me feel the feels at the end. Don't listen to the negatives they have no idea what they are talking about. I'm just going to scratch the bottom of the barrel here, but I mean the choices in here, you just feel so power less. Like in the meat locker with Larry, I mean make a choice to save him. Just don't let Kenny kill him, because even if you do try to save him Lilly still leaves you even if you say yes to go with her. Another thing is just the graphics not a big deal or anything just the graphics could be better. Would I recommend this? Oh yes I would, this defiantly deserves a 10. And this game is really good, another good game made by tell tale. Expand
  5. May 11, 2014
    Telltales first Walking Dead game is just fantastic. Wonderful graphics in a different style and a great sound support the story which really is a masterpiece. I really like these kind of interactive movies/series and I will absolutely play the second and third one.
  6. Mar 27, 2014
    Another amazing game released by Telltale. Apart from their Lego games, to this series is an amazing game. The story is tailored so well that can almost cry when some one dies. Good one Telltale. I'm looking forward to Season 2.
  7. Mar 15, 2014
    The Walking Dead has the ability to make any grown man cry. This game is amazing, and also has a sense of humour. Go on an adventure with Lee and Clem, making hard choices and changing the way you play. Good luck, and don't cry.
  8. Mar 15, 2014
    Esse game é completamente inesquecível, entra facilmente no hall de melhores games já jogados, provavelmente me arriscaria dizer em um top five! Enredo intrigante, personagens carismáticos, e muita, MUITA surpresa! Com certeza recomendaria à todos, joguem e não se arrependerão por nem um segundo sequer!
    This game is one of the best experiences I've ever had in a videogame, the story is
    unforgettable, the characters are amazingly well done, You start playing and when you finally realize, you've been playing for hours and hours, by far, it's one of the best games! Game of the year! Expand
  9. Jan 28, 2014
    Lots of suprises, lots of deaths, lots of jumpscares... Really good game with... bad graphics... But that is ok beacuse this is amazing game. Even tough your choises dont even matter that much this game is still really well made. In a way some parts of this game are even a little bit scary. Liked the fact that in the end of every chapter they showed what decisions others made.
  10. Jan 24, 2014
    Original e increible Un juego completo con momentos muy mixtos el segundo episodio es epico algo muy original que no se volvera a jugar algo asi en mucho tiempo se espera secuela
  11. Jan 19, 2014
    Telltale's The Walking Dead is absolutely amazing! This choose-your-own-adventure-esque zombie games provides a fantastic story that has plenty of emotional depth as well as some jump-out-of-your-seat scares. Featuring characters that players can care for (that are fantastically well-acted of course), players can fully immerse themselves into the experience that is The Walking Dead game. You may be thinking why have I not given this game a 10 out of 10. Well, the game certainly has some technical hiccups, such as the occasional bad frame rate, tedious load times and other glitches like that. But those technical flaws aside, The Walking Dead is a must play and an experience worth experiencing. NOTE: The game might leave you in tears by the end. Expand
  12. Jan 19, 2014
    This is an amazing game nice graphics, touching story, realistic scenario and good voices this game touches you right in the heart and makes anyone who can cry cry.
  13. Jan 15, 2014
    You play as Lee [the main character], a convicted black man, who inevitably gets a second chance in the world. It was meant for the car to crash, leading up to the point where Lee meets a child that he's obligated to protect at all costs -- all part of God's plan.

When I first played The Walking Dead, I was amazed. The game has outstanding sound, lighting, graphics, and acting. In fact,
    it looks like a comic book! The Walking Dead blends the themes of survival, trust, hope, and cooperation. You get to make decisions throughout the whole game. The choices you make affect the story as a whole. You actually FEEL like you're part of the game. This game is probably the first to include that feature. It's full of action. I like the fact that it's in third-person. I'm thankful that The Walking Dead is named Game of the Year in 2012. The developers did a great job of portraying an atmosphere of survival and adventure! Expand
  14. Jan 13, 2014
    Captures the essence of The Walking Dead Comic Book perfectly!

This game is truly a masterpiece. The Walking Dead has fantastic gameplay that relies on the player choices moreso than anything else and the game benefits from this as there are many heart-pounding sections that require quick thinking or else the Zombies kill one of your extremeley likeable comrades!

These characters are
    even better written than they are in the TV Show and engage the player into their unique back stories that are inextricably linked to the present events. Everything feels right; not a single objective in the game seems pointless. Character development here is one of the best in this medium as each character goes through their own grim, adult and realistic arcs that are very intriguing - It sucks you in right from the get-go.

The graphics are perfect! Brings the comic books to life better than anything else (I really wish the TV Series followed up on this style as it actually resembles the source material.)

Overall, a true modern masterpiece and a perfect representation of The Walking Dead by Telltale Games. The Zombie genre has never been better!
  15. Jan 12, 2014
    Can I just say HOLY S***!! This is probably one of my most favourite games of all time !! I love how it is so intense,realistic and fricken awesome, and the amount of twists... are incredible and it actually makes you yell out "OH MY GOD... !! Like literally every time something amazing but sad or just in general happens you say it ! This is definitely a MUST buy game.
  16. Jan 10, 2014
    The negative reviews of this game are given by people so illiterate in games that they compare an adventure game with Mass Effect and Tomb Raider. That's like saying that you didn't like a drama because it wasn't funny enough.--------------------

It's entirely normal not to like this genre and prefer completely different games where you can rain bullets, explosions or magic on your
    enemies. I don't question that.----------------------------

However it takes a complete idiot in order not to notice a game that pushes interactive storytelling to new standards. A game so beautifully directed that it tells trough facial expressions as much as it does trough dialogue.
  17. Dec 23, 2013
    the walking dead is absolutely an terrific game,the story is amazing and i liked a lot the choice system,the only problem is thatis an point and click game.
  18. Nov 25, 2013
    I have played the game and now i know why he have won the GOTY of the last year, the game it's full of nice puzzles, and makes you feel Lee emotions, and makes you think that a game ain't just made of graphics, the story it's the body and the soul of the game, and the end was AWESOME 10 out of 10
  19. Nov 23, 2013
    A game with quite astounding emotion impact. I was completely won over. This is what a zombie fiction is all about: every turn a another obstacle to overcome or tough call to make. Excellent.
  20. Nov 23, 2013
    Can you really become close with characters in a game? The Walking Dead proves yes. The beautiful comic style art with the honesty of the characters you know and develop relationships with make this game superb. The relationship you develop with Clementine and others, as well as fighting your way through the apocalypse makes this game fantastic. Despite the story, the overall good RPG elements are questioned because the majority of the game is decisions. Although I think it is an almost perfect blend it is no doubt the introduction of a barrage of actually playable console RPGs. So play this game, it brings out things inside you one wouldn't think a game couldn't bring out. Expand
  21. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Cell shaded graphics; there not the best looking either, they are average. 7.

Sound: Nice themes, grade, “A” voice acting, although some of the voices aren’t synced properly, and at times the game scene will completely halt, and then a different scene will pop up and the sound just blasts in without a fade or anything to make it unnoticeable. The game will completely pause
    a scene just to load a new scene of the same environment. 8.

Gameplay: The game is more of a point and click adventure, but it does have some shooting scenes. There are dialog decisions that are timed, similar to the first Mass Effect. The decisions make a huge impact in the overall gameplay. This game is truly Telltale Games best point and click ever. Most of the game is broken down by environments that need exploring, and dialog to figure out the next move. This was definitely one of the best point and click adventures ever. 10.

Story: The story is amazing, it’s just so intense, and the decision made change the way the story pans out. Definitely worth playing, and the episodes can be played more than once with different results. 10.
    Lasting Appeal/Value: Definitely worth getting, and at least playing through once. The game is $15 and usually has been going on sale. Each episode is about 3 hours, with the final episode about 1.5 hours. 10.

Overall Score: 9 out of 10.
  22. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the most engrossing and captivating stories ever told. Some may say this barely qualifies as a videogame due to a lack of interactivity but you do play a large portion of the title directing your characters and interacting with the environment. The choices you make may not change the overall outcome of the story but it is huge fun just being absorbed in the gripping narrative and just waiting to see what happens next.

It is definitely worth playing through a few times to experience all possibilities and if season 2 can add more depth and choice; we'll have another stunning and thrilling game to explore.
  23. Oct 19, 2013
    i honestly did not expect a point and click game to be this much fun. with amazing voice acting a great story and solid game play you don't even need to watch the show to be a fan of this game.
  24. Oct 14, 2013
    The Walking Dead tells perhaps the most engaging, phenomenally written, character driven, decision impacting and tension-packed stories ever told in a video game. Only time will tell. But anyone and everyone who loves an incredible story should definitely play this.
  25. Oct 14, 2013
    The absolute certainty about The Walking Dead Game is that it will surprise you with its magnificence. It is not a game for everyone, but to those who appreciate other genre of video games will simply love how unique and fantastic 'TWDG' really is. In fact, it the most unique game I have ever played and provided me perhaps my most favorite experience playing a video game.

The
    mechanics of TWDG is essentially point and click. The core elements will not have you constantly shooting zombies or platforming of any sort, it is basically a fantastic story that you are apart of, you can investigate the surrounding or engage in conversations with other survivors. But there are two main parts about the game that make it so incredible. The journey you go through as a player is memorable, each episode is innovative and different with the current and new characters really engage you into the story.

But perhaps the number one reason why TWDG is an incredible game is how the writers managed to pull off the amazing relationship and chemistry between Lee and Clementine. Lee is Clem's father figure, each conversation you have has significance and you really care for her throughout, you simply can't hate her.

All I can say is The Walking Dead Game will be a game like none you have played before, its cheap and worth a try because by the time you beat the story, it will be one of your favorite games ever.

26. Sep 24, 2013
    I would rate this game higher than a 10 if given the option to! It was brilliant! You get to make your own choices, go through several different situations that put you on edge, and the choices effect outcomes of certain characters and how they feel about/view you. You even become emotionally attached to some characters. It's just an all around great game. I know some people complain about how the graphics look "comic book like" but that's just a part of the game. After all, The Walking Dead was a comic book before anything else.It also have good replay value with going back and doing things differently than you before or changing an outcome you hadn't wanted the first time. I can NOT wait for the sequel! Expand
  27. Sep 15, 2013
    This game changed my opinion on point click games, this game was based off of the walking dead series and for the most part this is the best story out of the whole walking dead universe. The tv show is ok and the comic books are great but the best is this game. The thing that I'm constantly telling people is that this is my favorite because its on my favorite media, games are a huge part of my life and I don't really like the show because of how the story is told. The comic books are the original bases for the whole story that been said the story of Lee and Clementine is my favorite story that has ever been told. They have the best relationship out of anyone in all of the books and in the tv show. The whole reason this game is really great was because of the characters the writes made, the whole experience was amazing and I can't wait to play season 2. Expand
  28. Sep 13, 2013
    One of the best Games in my opinion. Not because of its Gameplay or Graphics, but because its so full of emotion and surprising events. As the Game goes on, you start to develop a link to the characters and hope they wont get harmed. What also amazed me was that intense "survival atmosphere", the Game always seemed believable.

I also loved how the Game always forced you to make very
    difficult decisions. Storywise the Game was not disappointing to me as it always provided action or emotional scenes. Dont even mention the end, i had to cry tears because it was so sad and emotional. I never experienced anything like this in a Game before. This Game looks simple but its a piece of art. Expand
  29. Aug 21, 2013
    Telltale Games have succeeded in creating a new type of game. An interactive story where characters, dialogue and decisions take precedence over the hand-eye co-ordination required of gamers in FPS or racing games. The puzzles are fairly simple and are successful in some, but not all, of the episodes. However, the storyline is fantastic and elicits rare emotion from gamers. The whole season is a rollercoaster ride of emotion and leads us to an ending that is brave and thought-provoking. Expand
  30. Aug 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *looks side to side and leans in and whispers* not reviewing here, I want to make season two/episode 6 prediction. Firstly, let's discuss everyone who is DEAD. Just to get the bad things out of the way. Carley Dead. Doug Dead. Duck Dead (Or turned). Kenny Now, he's interesting, considering if you left Ben at Crawford or he died during episode 5, it's really hard to put a pin on Kenny's death. The creators must of wanted you to get your hopes up like "KENNY'S ALIIIIVE!" but making you NOT see his death. Though I think he's dead. Lilly I've heard she's in the comics, which I haven't read if she isn't then she's probably dead. Larry Dead. Ben Dead. Now, let's go to this specific person whom is definitely DEAD (or turned). Lee. People go on and on like "CLEM JERKED THE GUN AND MISSSSSSSSED" but come on guys, you all know that Lee is gone. GONE. STOP REFUSING IT. DON'T MAKE ME GO KENNY ON YOU. The reason why Clementine jerked the gun is because, well, she's a little girl! She's not very strong, and the gun will obviously have a kick on her. Not only that, but she was sobbing and shaking, which would also lower her strength a lot. I doubt the gun had missed Lee. Clem was at a very close range of Lee, and Lee has a pretty big head. If she did miss, so what? That means Lee would have turned. There is no way someone would ever just GO over to him and heal him (yes, someone mentioned that!). The creators of this game are very sadistic, and love to make you weep and wrap yourselves in blankets so you can pretend you're a very depressed potato. In that case, I must be a masochist. OKAY. Now for the reappearances that I both think and want to happen. Lilly Probably not, depending on the comics. Omid and Christa I HOPE TO GOD THEY'RE OKAY, they seem to be really reliable and strong but, I don't know, I don't want to get my hopes up. Molly I loved her, she's most likely coming back. From what I've heard, this 'Molly' character isn't in the comic nor the show, which means the game made her. Molly suddenly leaves you. Also, in Crawford, you don't bring Clem with you and you don't shoot the walker Molly was having trouble with. She gets a bit circled by walkers, and suddenly runs off, never to be seen again. Though she's most likely okay. In Episode 5 you see that the entire city is overflown with walkers, and you hear absolutely no bells ringing except the one Lee did himself. This could mean she's either hiding somewhere in the city like her ninja-self, escaped the city in order to find someplace new, hopefully the countryside, or she died/turned. Again, the creators are very sadistic and may want you to get your hopes up and have them crash down into a trillion SHAVED Kennys (My god, that's tragic). So I'm trying to not do that. TELLTALE WILL NEVER MAKE ME DEPRESSED AGAIN~!!! (It totally will). Now, for my review on where the trailor. Clementine is in the country-like area. We don't know how long it took to get there, we hope not too long, but I think it took AGES, and maybe the game will start off with Clementine's journey to that specific spot. Maybe. But anyway, the two people walking on the cliff-hill-thing. It's most definitely NOT Christa and Omid, I know that as a fact. My friend had given me a link to a photo (http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/File:Walking_dead_game_ending_shadows_file.png). Now look at that. Two. Bloody. Men. One fat and short (Mario) and one long and skinny (Luigi). This kind of ruins 90% of the predictions I've seen. Not to mention that these men are wearing shorts. Now, I don't know anything about Georgia and it's weather, I study Japan. But the gang had left the Motor Inn in winter, right? And the fact now that everything in the trailor looks autumn-like, could mean that it's either Autumn/Fall (I'm Australian, I call it Autumn), Summer or Spring. Which could mean this is a fast-forward in time, again refering to my earlier thought that the game might start off with Clem's journey to the countryside. Anyway, I'm really tired, it took me an hour to write this, SO PLEASE READ IT! If I have anymore I'll most certainly write it down. Thank you~ Expand
  31. Aug 11, 2013
    telltale is back with another great hit with the walking dead title on it. The Walking Dead is a rpg that is filled with Cochise and stuff and makes a great story great art-style and great game 10-10
  32. Jul 28, 2013
    Expectations: Going into this game for the first time I had high expectations as I bought all 5 episodes after they had all came out, due to this I was subjected to many people talking about this game and ranting on about how good it was, and how they got blown away by certain set-pieces in this game. Scores: Graphics: 10/10 Campaign: 9/10 Sound: 8/10 Gameplay: 9/10 Multiplayer: N/A
    Final Score: 9/10

Final Verdict:
    Like many of my friends I was blown away by this masterpiece of a game! Personally the graphics I thought graphics in this game were terrific, I heard from certain members of society that they thought that the graphics were terrible, but they could not be more mistaken as the graphics are intended to have a comic-book feel like the actual 'The Walking Dead' comics. The only bad part of the story in this game that was just above average was the beginning of "Episode 3" the rest was outstanding! The attention to detail in sound was good, especially during some sneaking when old wooden floorboards creaked, that just elevated the tension to another level. In a nutshell the gameplay sets out to be fairly simple and excels at at it.
  33. Jul 22, 2013
    Rarely does a game make me tear up multiple times and even rarely does it make me scream at my TV in disbelief. This is one of the best games I've ever played in my life. This game proves that games don't need amazing "The Last of Us" graphics to make a great game. 10/10
  34. Jul 19, 2013
    This is one the most nerve-wracking and emotionally intense games I've ever played. It is able to make you feel like you are ACTUALLY there, suffering through the end with these characters. Some you will love, and some you will love to hate! The game is nearly perfect in almost every sense. ESPECIALLY for what it was trying to accomplish: Bring a comic book to life. It was hands-down GOtY 2012. If you are getting a Walking Dead game, make sure it says Telltale, and not Activision! Expand
  35. Jul 4, 2013
    This is the greatest game of 2012. The entertaining storytelling grabbed me from the start. When I first heard of how good this game was, I thought I would call this "overrated". I was blown away with the beautiful character development and amazing moral choices. Minus a few annoying glitches that seem to only appear in the disc version of this game, it is near perfect.
  36. Jun 28, 2013
    Ok I tried the demo for this once and did not like it but after all the hype and then when I was talking to a friend about the walking dead because I am a huge fan of TWD my friend said its their favorite game and so I played the demo on my winter break and I finished it and was immediately wanting more so I went and bought the disc and played through episodes one,two and part of three and I could not put the controller down there were parts that made me choose things I never would never expect from this game and there were parts that shocked me I beat the game the next day and it was the best experience I had in 2012 and one of the best games I had ever played. 9.7/10 Expand
  37. Jun 24, 2013
    The Walking Dead is not just a game, rather it is an experience that all gamers should undertake. Everything from the amazing characters to the tragic setting help aid this game's outstanding story and premise. The beginning will instantly hook you as you're immediately thrown into a world gone to chaos. Any game that can bring a tear to my eye gets special recognition from me. A must play.
  38. Jun 6, 2013
    The Walking Dead is an experience you shouldn't miss. I recommend everyone play this, even if you normally don't care about video games. It's an emotional experience unlike anything else. It's a journey with characters that feels very real. It has the usual staples of a great game. Fun gameplay, Amazing story unlike anything else, very memorable characters that all feel real, a soundtrack that will stick... but the most amazing power of this game is it's ability to make you feel. Anger, sadness, fear, joy, guilt and regret, despair... and hope. It has one of the best morality systems in any game ever, there is no red or blue choice, there's no right or wrong choice, it's all about how you survive and what you let the world turn you into. Expand
  39. May 30, 2013
    This game is so wonderful that word's can't do it justice. It has some of the greatest character development ever, a attention grabbing story and I've played through it several times over. I've never liked point and click games, but this is one of my favorites. Only reason I can't give it a 10 is because it isn't as open as I'd like. What I mean is, no matter what you do, the same overall thing happens. There is different dialogue for each choice you make, but it would've been cool to have a completely different ending if you would've played the game in a different way. Bottom line. Buy this game. Expand
  40. May 26, 2013
    Usually I think the most important aspect of a game is the gameplay. but thanks to the Walking Dead by Telltale, I now know excellent story and character development can make this a little thing. the story for the game is one of the best I've seen in any game. The optional choices and multiple pathways to choose add to the replay ability, and you will want to play it again thanks to this game's excellent character development. this game has some of the best character development in any game I've played. As you go along with the story, you'll find yourself caring about the characters more and more, as if they were real people, especially Lee, Clementine, and Kenny. the gameplay is simple. Point and click games are usually a turn off to me, but that didn't matter because I wanted to play this because of the story progressing. it may be simple, but as I said before, Telltale managed to show that gameplay doesn't always have to be the most important aspect. the graphics are very artistic in this game. everything looks like a comic book coming to life. doing graphics like this can be pretty hard, but this game manages to pull it off. the soundtrack or the game is actually my least favorite part about the game. while they do capture the emotion of a scene perfectly, the tracks are forgettable, and honestly, kind of bland. Overall, I think the Walking Dead is worthy of all the praise it's gotten. the story is the best in any video game I've played, the branching pathways lead to tons of replay value, and the character development will have you wishing these characters were real. Expand
  41. May 19, 2013
    Outstanding, just pure, outstanding. In The Walking Dead, you play as Lee Everett, a man who later meets a young girl named Clementine, and the two of you, along with many other background characters try to survive the zombie apocalypse as supplies are scarce and zombies aren't the only thing to fear. At first I thought, "its just a game about a TV show, how good can it possibly be?" I took those words back right after the first episode! it's intense, it's immersive, its a game you sou;don't want to miss out on, with its jump scares, its intense moments and surprises along the way, and not to mention you basically chose what happens next, you don't just watch a cutscene, you control it, you live it, you….experience it. Theres was almost nothing wrong with this game, except for one glitch I experienced, and occasional lag but that is nothing that will make you hate the game. You do not have to watch the TV show before playing this game, which makes it good for almost any person looking to play this game. Each episode is even more intense than the other, It will surprise, it will make you cry, make you happy, excited, shocked, THIS GAME IS ONE GIANT EMOTIONAL FEEL! thats what I look for in a game, immersion that is memorable. I want to remember a game that blesses my childhood, a game that changes the way I think and the way I handle situations, and this is it (Oh god I'm going overexcited aren't I?). Either way, this game will change you, you will definitely not be sorry for buying it.

I give this game a full on 10/10. Buy this game if you haven't already. Just do it. Go on. Go. Buy It. Now.
  42. Apr 30, 2013
    This game isnt for everyone, some will be bored by the lack of ""action" but those who have experienced a telltale game before will know what to expect with it, and this certainly delivers well, and with much better real time action and genuine thrills than anything of theirs i have played yet. This is the best story i think i've played in a game in a very long time, never before have i cared for, hated or just felt strongly about an entire games worth of characters. The relationship with the girl Clementine is just done perfectly, this game wouldn't have worked if you didn't find yourself caring for her, and even the most cynical person will find themselves fearing for her safety. All in all, this game had me staying up late at night finishing each chapter because i just HAD to know that everyone would be ok, and also got me into the just as excellent television show (though i must say, surprisingly i feel more for the characters in the game than i do the tv series!) Expand
  43. Apr 27, 2013
    I was skeptical of this game and debating buying it for quite a while. However, my doubts were quickly removed after playing the first Episode that was released for free on Xbox Live which subsequently caused me to go out and buy the full retail version right away! I wouldn't say it is necessary to have watched the Walking Dead TV series or read the comics but I can definitely say the game more as a result of loving the show and the parallels between them become apparent the more you play.

This game is truly a unique experience that you really can't experience in another game of this generation. Each character you interact with is very developed and one character in particular you will certainly become more emotionally invested in as the game progresses. Throughout the game you are presented with choices at pretty much every step of the way. Some choices have more of an effect on the game than others. Your character's dialogue options are presented in the form of an on screen prompt which allow you to tailor your responses to the type of character you want to be. On top of that, your choices are also timed, so for the most part you will have a limited amount of time to make a decision. While I suppose you could pause the game to ponder a dialogue option, I feel the game is meant to be played in a way that mimics real life. In reality, choices have to be made quickly and you don't always have the luxury of being able to weigh all the pros and cons. This game encourages you to make quick choices and live with the consequences.

During my playthrough I experienced some technical issues that appear to be only on the retail disc version such as an usual amount of lag at the main screen. This may be as a result of having to pull information from the disc as this game cannot be installed to the hard drive if you purchase the disc version. This issue was more of a minor annoyance rather than a game breaking problem.

Unlike the Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, the Telltale Games series take on the Walking Dead is clearly the definitive Walking Dead experience. I highly encourage anyone who is interested in this game and may be turned off issues such as graphics or the more story driven style of game versus gameplay heavy (such as Left 4 Dead) to give this game a chance. It is a memorable experience that will make you hate that is has to end.
  44. Apr 16, 2013
    This game is in my opinion, a cult classic in gaming history. No matter who you are, you should play this game. Everything about this game is flawless, original, gripping, perfection. Voice acting was at an all time high for this, your decisions really suck you in and make you pay the consequences. This game has everything...
  45. Apr 15, 2013
    TellTale's the Walking Dead is a true masterpiece. It evokes such emotions you will rarely see in other games. The game is executed perfectly, with minor technical hiccups then and there, but they're overshadowed by the amazing emotions produced in this game. The ending of Episode 5 was so touching, the series is a MUST have for fans of The Walking Dead or point and click action games.
  46. Apr 10, 2013
    this game by a narrative stand point is HUGE. but my two big gripes are 1. there is not very much "game" to it, which does not mean there is not fun parts of it. 2. the decisions you make don't have very different outcomes or happens no matter what you do.
  47. Apr 5, 2013
    I haven't played a game with so much emotional interaction and player's choice as this one in a long time. The game play is rather simple in such a way that you locate objects and interact with them to progress through the game as cutscenes play out. Conversation is also an important role as you and your fellow survivors begin to bond or become antagonists along the way. I've read some who say that there isn't any real player choice, and yet, having to choose who to save and let the other person be eaten is a very profound choice that you'll find yourself making. Considering the price for the overall series and the payoff in entertainment that you'll receive, this game is a must have. Collapse
  48. Apr 4, 2013
    Good: Nice Comic Graphics, Intresting Gameplay,Fantastic Story, Good Moral Choices, Actual good Gameplay, Fluid Presentation, A l t of Replayability
    Bad: Some Annoying Glitches, Camera is sometimes at awkward angles, Some Really Annoying Sections.

A Great Game and a Good price For What You Get.
  49. Apr 1, 2013
    First of all would like to say i am not obsessed with the walking dead. I only bought the game because microsoft was having a sale and i heard it was good. At first i felt it might be overhyped but It did not disappoint! If you are looking for a traditional zombie game like resident evil look elsewhere. This is not a shooter and doesn't have any shooter mechanics. The gameplay is simple and there are quick time scenes but where this game shines is the story. Its about the people you are traveling with and the way you want your character to act. There are no traditional choices and there is only one ending but the choices you make do change your character. I don't consider that the illusion of choice personally. You might not be able to change your destination but you can change your character and partially how you get there which for me counts. My only complaints are sometimes the game can feel slow but it makes up for it with the story, the surprises that occur from time to time and the choices you make. If your a fan of the show get it if you prefer games with a great story get it, if you want something similar to a shooter horror game you won't find it here but if want something different if your willing to take the chance what you will find is an surprisingly excellent adventure. I wouldn't say it deserved game of the year but it is for sure a great game. Expand
  50. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is one the best to hit the market. It is not like most recent zombie games like Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil. This game not only deals with killing zombies but also the decisions you make with fellow survivors.
    There are QTE's most of the time when killing zombies which the only draw back with that mechanic is the d-pad icon for looking. Whenever you have successive QTE's, the
    icon will reset or be somewhere else on the screen rather than where you left that.
    The story is amazing and the interactions with the NPC's are important and interesting. You can make friends or enemies with survivors. The decisions you make in the game affect the game play which increases the replay ability. I got this game for $30 at Best Buy and is a great deal. I definitely recommend this game who wants something different than zombie shooters.
  51. Mar 28, 2013
    "The Walking Dead" is a series I am not familiar with and "Telltale" is a game development company I am not familiar with. It's hard to believe that the company who made "Jurassic Park: The Game" made something so brilliant. "The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game" is one of few games that really captures emotion. Most of the gameplay involves choice, and not a huge amount more. In something like "Saint's Row: The Third", a choice is deciding whether to have a city income bonus or a new gang member. However, in "The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game", a choice matters. A choice has a permanent effect. You genuinely care for characters you like. You may even feel wrong in feeling responsible for the death of a character you don't like. For a point and click game, this has depth. Characters have personality. Some are kind-hearted and some are just annoying. You must choose who you like most however, because a difficult choice may come unexpectedly. The graphics are unique. They are dark and really give the game a sense of grittiness. They may not be particularly good, but they don't take away from the experience. Minus the choices, gameplay is walking and quick time events. The quick time events are tense and really add to the triumph you feel as you progress through the story. To conclude this review, I would like to share a piece of advice: buy this game! It is just below flawless, but for a €25 ($30 or £20) this is a must buy. Expand
  52. Mar 27, 2013
    this game is frickin awesome. made me, a 16 year old teen dude cry........ thats how good and emotional gripping this game is. do yourself a service and play this game if you have not played it yet.
  53. Mar 26, 2013
    This is very cool!!!! Best game with heavy rain. Impressive history, wonderful characters, one of the best games I've ever played to... experience of life to do, I will always remember
  54. Mar 24, 2013
    After playing the walking dead i will never look at video games in the same way. This game has given me a new standard for what I want in video game stories. Every single character, even characters who have the tiniest of roles feel real and have genuine emotion. Sure the story might not be as epic as mass effect or halo, but that is not the point of the story to show off epic battle and saving the world from world destroying aliens. But instead it is about the relationship between convicted felon Lee Everett and 8 year old Clementine in an unforgiving world and the inseparable bond these two create over the course of the story. There are still some technical hiccups and some missteps but the overall quality of the story makes you forgot about these missteps all together. This game is a major triumph of a game and should not be missed by anyone who truly respect the story of a game. Expand
  55. Mar 23, 2013
    I really don't like this type of gameplay, but only cause it's not my style, but i know this game is amazing and it has an awesome story, characters
  56. Mar 20, 2013
    I can see why this game was top 10 of 2012. The gameplay was simple, but that's what it was about choices and not shoot 'em up. the graphics weren't amazing, but for what it was and the price I paid it was very, very well worth it. The storyline leaves you hanging, so I'm looking forward to the sequel since the FPS TWD came out with is a flop. Oh and who doesnt absolutely ADORE little Clementine?
  57. Mar 15, 2013
    Harrowing. Absolutely harrowing. Such a great story driven experience. The first episode is very slow, but fight through it because the rest is fantastic. I would have given it a but for the odd graphical glitches, and little things such as characters lips moving when they have finished speaking, which jars you out of the zone periodically.
  58. Mar 9, 2013
    This is a truly phenomenal gaming experience. Deeply immersive thanks to flawless voice acting and script and the way your every choice effects the way you progress. I was expecting great things from Telltale games after having enjoyed their monkey island games but they've really gone all out here. Has an old school feel to it to due to the adventure aspect, which is really refreshing. It's completely unique, innovative, and I just can't praise it enough really. I feel like I'm actually living in a zombie apocalypse when I play it. Intense and brilliant. Expand
  59. Mar 9, 2013
    This is even better than Dreamworks Superstar Karting for the PS3 and Xbox 360 (but only by a little bit). Fantastic game, amazing lead characters, can't wait for the sequel.
  60. Mar 8, 2013
    An absolute gem of a game one of the highlights of last year's game line-up. The emotionally-driven core of the game puts technical issues and the simplicity of the game's mechanics in the shade. A breath of fresh air in a market saturated with carbon-copy, cliched storylines that provides no emotional attachment for the reader. A must play.
  61. Mar 7, 2013
    The Walking Dead is one of the best games I think I've ever played. Strong characters, good plot, and an ending that could bring a tear to your eye (literally). It has a different play style than most games around today, and I'm glad to have bought it. I could not be any more impressed with this game, and am happily awaiting the second season.
  62. Mar 1, 2013
    This game was one of the largest, most profoundly delightful surprises I have ever experienced in gaming. It invoked such a strong emotional response for me that was both a shocking surprise and a welcomed change. I was intimately attached to all the characters and the loss of any of them was a real impact on both myself and the story. Each person had weight, value and substance. This wasn't so much a game as it was an experience. Telltale games should be damn proud of what they did here. This game should be studied carefully by other companies for a very long time. Expand
  63. Feb 26, 2013
    not much action here but no other story has drug me in so deep. I fell in love with the characters. the story is the best of this millennium. poor graphics and little glitches keep this game from getting a perfect 10.
  64. Feb 21, 2013
    Where the hell did this come from? A point and click linear game based on a popular series? How did this become one of my favorite games? Simple. From the very start this game is a story, one not told through battlefields, or action. But rather through characters, emotions, sounds and setting. The connection developed for the two main characters, and their impact on the audience is legendary. Never have I cared so much for fictional people. Voice acting, writing, and all small details elevate this small work into AAA status. At a low cost for the series, I highly suggest you see for yourself. The only reason this game loses a point from perfect is numerous glitches, slowdowns and save game erases, which hurts the immersion. Expand
  65. Feb 16, 2013
    To me the walking Dead Series and comics are amazing, they bring out the Drama in a zombie apocalypse instead of the violence. When I heard of a Walking Dead game, I was worried that this was going to flop, replacing drama with action and gore, all those worries vanished once I played the game, it is a masterpiece, using graphics from the comic books and developing its own story line, and how it was like when the outbreak first started, while I find the TV series cameos to be a tad bit desperate for fans, the game itself is flawless, being a point and click puzzle game and knowing what it is, not trying to be anything else, while there are some awkward shooting sequences, they go with the game rather well. Now the main bit, the core of the game, characters, this game is souly based around the relationship and the drama between all characters involved, and while episode 1 is slow, the other 4 are just incredible, with one of the best endings to a game that I have seen in a long time, never before have I cried at a video game ending, but this one really got to me, I would suggest this game to everyone and anyone. Expand
  66. Feb 12, 2013
    Simply one of the best games on the console. This game will have you grinding your teeth with decisions you make. I love this game and very affordable.
  67. Feb 11, 2013
    I was not by any means a Walking Dead fan until I played these games. I tried watching the TV series and I couldn't get in to them. Mainly because I was tired of the whole zombie smash kill apocalypse thing, and I never thought any other zombie experience would be able to captivate me. Then I stumbled upon The Walking Dead Game. This game is a story telling masterpiece with writing on par with the likes of Metal Gear Solid. It is most likely the best game I've played in 2012 and I have already named it my game of the year. It has very interesting characters that you'll care about and twists and turns you'll never see. From Clementine, a lone little girl you begin to care for to Lee, the mystery of a man you begin to step into the shoes of. It is a thrill ride with the backdrop of the zombie apocalypse, and this time around the zombies took a backseat to the characters. It is an entirely different perspective of a would be zombie apocalypse and I HIGHLY recommend you do your self a favor and play this wonderful game. This game isn't about zombies, it is about a touching story of people and their will and spirit to live and survive while fighting to maintain their humanity. This game will break you emotionally, but it is such a beautiful and touching experience that I'm thankful to have been able to play it. Expand
  68. Feb 11, 2013
    This is the best game I've played in weeks. Graphics, sound, gore, plot, gameplay, controls. All top notch. And the way it ties back into the plot of the TV series is incredible.
  69. Feb 8, 2013
    Walking Dead is an amazing game that in some scenes, they will make you cry. I thought the game could possibly be a little bad, but it is suprisingly a great game, and everyone who plays Xbox360,PC,or PS3 should really play this kick-butt game! It's that good!
  70. Feb 7, 2013
    As a big follower of The T.V. Series I considered giving this game ago and see what the big hype was about, and surprisingly, I was completely taken aback of how compelling and rewarding the story was! I find it very hard for people to fault this game apart from some very minor things like frame rate. By far one of the best XBLA games I've ever played! Even before the 1st episode became free 400 Microsoft points is a bargain! but now that the 1st episode is free you reallly should give it a go! You will not be disappointed! Choose your decisions wisely! an EASY 10/10 Expand
  71. Feb 5, 2013
    I had no idea this game would be as good as it is. For me this was the sleeper hit of 2012. Games before it have touted tough choices that dramatically change story. They need to take a page from Telltale Games. The first time I played through this game, I found myself thinking about what I would do during a real zombie apocalypse. Some of the choices I made during this game, I had no idea I could be that vicious. This is a must play game, it'll teach you something about yourself you never knew. It is the only game that actually make your choices matter. Expand
  72. Feb 3, 2013
    Really a good game, i recomend this because i see so much youtubers doing that and i buy this game, my rate is 10 out 10.
  73. Feb 1, 2013
    Amazing from the start. The walking dead is a simple point click game, with basic gameplay, that focuses more on the story. Your actions effect how other characters view you, and makes you feel like that your decisions effect the story. The game is suspenseful with surprises in each episode. The has gotten so far to even bringing me to tears. One of the best Telltales games so far.
  74. Feb 1, 2013
    The Walking Dead game is a spectrum that is not only brilliant but emotionally enchanting. The game has you take on the role of Lee Everett as you try to protect a young girl named Clementine in a Post-Apocalyptic zombie world. This game not only has one of the greatest stories ever told in a video game but it also has some of the most innovative game-play I have ever seen. The only flaws are a few technical glitches like texture pop-ins or sometimes peoples mouths don't open when they speak, which can be a little distracting but does not take away to much from the overall experience.

Overall this game is a work of art and Telltale should be proud of what they have accomplished. 9/10-FANTASTIC!!!
  75. Jan 29, 2013
    Do you like the comics, the show ? The Walking Dead? This game is the first time I got to find out what kinda person I would be in TWD universe. Low on action but HEAVY on feel and atmosphere. I loved it!
  76. Jan 28, 2013
    The goty of 2012 this game are the best of the year with a good story with many choices who will change the line of the game the final was the best of the best and the game strong your bond with the people
  77. Jan 28, 2013
    Anyone who doesn't view Telltale's The Walking Dead as a masterpiece doesn't have a good taste in games. After a frustrating experience with AMC's The Walking Dead television adaptation, I was surprised to see that Telltale was able to capture the gruesome dark horror of Kirkman's comic, with some amazing new characters and stories. A must play.
  78. Jan 27, 2013
    TellTale Games most definitely redeemed themselves with this game. It is a well though out; well developed trawling story that manages to capture your empathetic emotions. I don't have kids of my own but I've talked to people who do, and for them the true meaning of the game really captured their hearts. While waiting for the episodic content to release was a pain, I was a fun experience. Just like a child waiting for the next issue of a comic book to come out, TellTale did it right in keeping all of its fans cringing for that next episodic content of the game.

I gave the game a 9 because of the tech issues I and many other encountered during gameplay. Some bugs here and there didn't allow for a smooth gameplay, none the less a smooth transition from cut-scene to cut-scene. To anyone debating wither they should play this game or not, I say don't even think about it just play it! This is more then a game, It is an interactive movie to say the least.
  79. Jan 27, 2013
    This is one of the few games that has actually made me cry. It does have parts that really slow down as you're trying to figure things out, but this serves also to build tension and increase interaction with the other characters. That's what ends up mattering the most by the end when you know not everyone is going to survive and others have already died as a result of your choices. The point and click format works in some places but can also make things a bit cumbersome. Overall a fantastic experience with some minor complaints that are easily trumped by the amazing story. Expand
  80. Jan 25, 2013
    There is a lot to be said about this game it keeps you in the moment when it has to an there are times it gets a little repetitive, it's an all around good game though it keeps you wanting to know more at the end of each episode. The voice actors are amazing you can actually feel the emotion they put in to the story line an there rolls in the game, by the time you reach the final episode you feel like you know each character as individual people, you feel like there is actually a life story there because when you reach the end you will feel the emotion of everything you have went through and what could be next. Expand
  81. Jan 23, 2013
    Despite its plethora of invisible walls, glitches, screen tearing, and straight out freezes, The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game Series manages to touch an emotional level that no game has really ever achieved. The decision never feel fixed, even when they are. But many other decisions have a severe impact on the remaining track of the game. Its the best decision tree in a video game yet, and brings interactive gaming to a new level. Expand
  82. Jan 23, 2013
    The mechanic of you make the decisions is the best part. Sure Mass Effect may have done it first, but The Walking Dead did it better. Mostly because of no starchild ending. Somethings there is slow down, and chugging which won't take away from your experience. 9/10
  83. Jan 22, 2013
    One of, if not THE best games i have ever player. Its gratifying to play a game where the choices you make actually DO have an impact. Throw in exceptional writing, surprisingly emotive animation, and some truly believable characters (and accompanying voice acting) and The Walking Dead is easily the single best game to be released in 2012.
  84. Jan 21, 2013
    The Walking Dead is one of the most surprisingly best games ever in my opinion. Never did I think that I would like a game based on a TV series, so buying The Walking Dead never reached my mind, but when I noticed it's great reviews I thought I'll just buy the first one and I'll see how it is. Right after that I found myself anxious to get the next. I thought that I would just spread it out over a long time, five dollars a time, but if you do that you'll find that it's impossible. This is an amazingly addictive game, the story is fantastic as well as the voice acting. The little girl you protect, Clementine, will quickly attach to you with her innocence in a world where it seems that it doesn't exist. She is also very understanding. You have to make very tough choices, which will make you want to strangle the little bar telling you how much time you have to make a choice, and eventually you're going to kill a walker or a dangerous human. Clementine will question some of these hard decisions, but you can easily convince her that it was the only thing to do. The graphics are pretty good and have a Borderlands like, comic book feel. The suspense is very exciting and not one episode will let you down. I ran into something weird where people repeated lines, though it didn't last too long. There's also a very annoying part where you have to inch up to someone with a gun, but if you get too close she shoots instead of just stopping you when you get near her, but thankfully reloading checkpoints is a piece of cake and the game gets you back into the action in a split second. My final problem with it is that there are a couple parts where you get to shoot that just seem forced and are very hard to control. Telltale Games did a fantastic job with this game and I'm dying to see what they do with season 2. Expand
  85. Jan 18, 2013
    This game has a gripping and fast-paced story, with beautiful detail and memorable characters. It is a welcome and long-overdue change of pace from your standard shoot-em-up zombie game. Plus, it is easy to play and has an intuitive interface.

The Walking Dead is one of the few games that I've played in recent memory that not only evoked an emotional response from me, but that I
    completed from start to finish. Because I am an older gamer with three young kids, that is a luxury I can rarely afford. This game was worth it. I would highly recommend it to older, more experienced gamers that want to have an engaging experience without the stress of competitive gameplay. Expand
  86. Jan 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first saw the way the game was set up after playing the demo, I was a bit disappointed. But then one day, after I was purchasing games to play on my Xbox, I spent my remaining 400 pts (or $5) on The Walking Dead - Episode 1: A New Day. My disappointment slowly began to deteriorate as I saw the major strengths of this game: the characters, the development of those characters, and the story. The story begins when the protagonist of the series, Lee Everett, is being sent to prison (which the crime is mentioned later in the story of him killing of a man who the wife was cheating on him with), but with some "luck", the car hits something on the road which causes the vehicle to flip into a wooded area. As Lee escapes from the wrecked car, he slowly begins to see that the world he once knew is becoming a barren wasteland filled with zombies (or what the series calls them "Walkers"). Later on, he meets a little girl named Clementine and takes her in under his care. And that is when the adventure kicks off!
    Throughout the game, you'll meet other characters like Kenny, Glenn from the TV series, Larry (my most hated character in the game), and many others as you go through the game. Now the character development is built by dialogue and choices. Choices that the player has to make in a select amount of time. This mechanic makes the game truly interesting with the choices people make, like which character do you save situation that makes the player decide who to save and who to let die. The characters are also a delight for this game. By learning more and more about the characters throughout the episodes, you either become more bonded to them or have more hatred towards them. This game also has a lot of moments where you are on the edge of your seat and moments when you want to cry. One of the moments when you want to cry is in Episode 3: Long Road Ahead, where you have to decide whether Kenny kills his son who is infected or Lee does it. It makes the story ever more stronger and it also makes you feel more and more attached to the characters.
    Now good things aside, there is only one problem I have with the game, the controls. The game is a point and click adventure, yet the 360 has a really weird way of pulling it off. You either move in a different direction or the game doesn't seem to click the item that you want. It gets a little bit annoying, but only for the first 5 times it happens.
    In conclusion, the game is deep with story and character development. You can either purchase this game via XBLA or buy it on retail. This is one of those games you can't miss!
  87. Jan 12, 2013
    Anyone who remotely likes a story driven game will love this, the game completely went above my expectations and then some. Playing out more like an interactive story than a standalone game allows the player to gain an emotional attachment to the characters like few other games can. It is also one of the only games that has made me well up at the ending. Can't wait for season 2!
  88. Jan 11, 2013
    Buy this game. it is down right amazing this proves that video games are not just your every day generic FPS. It is an emotional journey which you must make choices to help your survival
  89. Jan 11, 2013
    Loved the series and was very pleased to see a game that offered the same suspense and satisfaction while being able to dictate situations. A very solid game and story.
  90. Jan 11, 2013
    A narative based game with good game play. This game is one of the games of the year in 2012. Some of the best writing in games, this game shows why Telltale is the king at Point and Click gaming. This game is art in the swarms of Call of Duty's, I tell you all, go play this game(probably not on an Xbox 360 with 4 GBs).
  91. Jan 9, 2013
    Rarely do games come across where you feel so emotionally invested in the characters that you can't leave the game alone. This is one of those games. Grinning, frowning, and almost crying, THe Walking Dead is a masterpiece
  92. Jan 8, 2013
    When The Walking Dead Episode 1 released as a download game from Telltale Games, it had potential and so it did releasing 4 other episodes becoming The Game of the Year. If you need a game, Telltale Games The Walking Dead is what you need. Making choices by how you play ? Not every game has this. I recommend this to people that know The Walking Dead and to others that do not know The Walking Dead. One word: Amazing. Expand
  93. Jan 7, 2013
    This game is out of this world, its awesome. I would like to tell people that this game draws you in because of its story. I'm reading other peoples reviews, below my review and i would like to say they are ignorant. Not all games are based on just gameplay. And the fact that they've said "The game play is horrible" is because all they 're A fat no life xboxlive only playing call of duty type of person. They will hate on this game because all they play is Call of Duty which is based ONLY on gameplay and also the fact that there still young and naive so they don't fully understand the game and story very well. People will comment and say "There's a story for Call of duty, and it has a far better story then The walking dead" If you really believe that then i feel sorry for you because that's all you're open too. Its pretty funny how this company, made its name and made a game that OUT CLASSES other games like Halo 4 and Call of duty Black Ops 2, which in my books are for people who can't understand a picture book Expand
  94. Jan 7, 2013
    These guys have good writers and the TellTale engine supports doing that; writing directly to gamers a zombie movie in so many parts is successful and this is one of the few games I'm on my second time through and limited it may be replay wise I just love the different ways to get my characters killed and chose to slay. The comic series is a good playground for writing plays and this is very much like seeing a play with button clicks and dramatic choices you imagine in the comic's atmosphere. If you want a single player puzzler this isn't it. I've played Myst even read the novels and loved it, this is just different in its scope and delivery. If you want non-linear gameplay or rpg this isn't it. Its a narrative from start to finish and you don't get side quests for rewards and extra characters because its a story without that as its features. I see a lot of 10's and a few 0's and I want to prevent fellow gamers from spending money on something without knowing its origins or why certain aspects are relevant. Follow the story of a man with a couple choices in a zombie apocalypse. If you don't like graphic novels you might not like playing one literally. Expand
  95. Jan 7, 2013
    The Walking Dead series by Telltale is one of the more original games I have encountered on the Xbox 360. It is a point and click style game with action sequenced thrown in the mix. The game is based in the walking Dead comic universe (as the TV series is) so will be familiar to most people who would be interested in the game.
    The Graphics: Have a very deliberate cartoon like quality to
    them, probably linking back to its comic heritage. They wont blow your socks off but are very nice to look at in a simple non complex way
    The Storyline: This is where the game come into its own, it is simply riveting and you won't be able to wait out find out what comes next.
    Gameplay: Reasonably simplistic as is with point a click style games, but as the storyline is affected by your actions and choices it adds replay value to the game.
    Downside: Some users have reported that the game can be quite buggy, but I personally never had a problem with the game.
    Overall this is a nice simple game that will keep you on the edge of your seat, well deserving of its 10/10 rating.
  96. Jan 6, 2013
    I love this game and haven't been able to put it down since I bought it! The characters are so well written and you will care for some and hate others. When my favourite character abruptly and unexpectedly died I literally got up shouted "WTF!" at the TV. Some superb writing makes this one of the most engrossing stories I have ever become trapped in. Although I realize the game is meant to look like a comic book some of the textures are very pixelated. I know not a lot of Telltale games look very amazing but it is kind of disappointing when you compare the visuals to those of Borderlands 2. Along with quite a few glitches the game is not perfect but definitely worth the low price. One of my new favourites. By the way, why do people keep on giving this game terrible scores for the slight inconvenience of no option for inverted Y axis? Seriously, who still uses inverted Y. Expand
  97. Jan 6, 2013
    The Walking Dead is an amazing game that tells an equally amazing story. This game captures the essence of an adventure point-and-click title. The game allows the user to make several choices that actually feel like they have weight behind them. The story is emotional, the characters deep, and the game play is fantastic.
  98. Jan 6, 2013
    I was sceptical when I bought the first episode of Telltale's Walking Dead game. I thought I had an idea of what was going to happen, and it left me smiling. This is my game of the year (2012). I literally can't wait for the next season.
  99. Jan 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This it's not a "game" as we usually think about. This is more than a movie in which "you" are the protagonist. You can choose what to answer to questions, what to say and how to live throughout the story. In the end i almost cried, it was so deep, so "real"... just like a movie/tv series masterpiece. I liked it very much, many hours of "playing" spent well. Thank Telltale! Expand
  100. Jan 5, 2013
    This game was a real treat, and I dont even like most point-and-click type games in the first place. If youre a fan of the show then you'll definitely like this for sure- its like an interactive season of the show- its that good!!!
  101. Apr 5, 2013

1. Jan 29, 2013
    This series offered some of the most memorable hours we spent holding a gamepad during 2012. [Feb 2013, p.102]
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    A masterclass in how to tell stories in games. [Issue#94, p.80]
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    Engaging, dramatic, touching: The Walking Dead is one of this year's masterpieces. Absolutely a must-have.