4.0

1. Sep 10, 2014
    its so buggy, and often crashes while trying to play (win 7 X64). The Whole game just comes off as a serious cash grab.. the idea was good, the implementation is horrible.

***DO NOT BUY***
  2. Jul 16, 2014
    terminal reality gave us a good ghostbusters game back in 2010 a game which i enjoyed but with that game they proved they could treat a good license with respect. with this game they just pissed on the license. with clunky combat a bad story and a terrible ending to that bad story and bad graphics this one isn't worth your time or money. and the A.I. sucks donkey crap.
  3. Apr 13, 2014
    A great game,even though it was repetitive everyone loves games that are repetitive i mean why do you think call of duty sells more and more each year they release a new game,this theory also applies with Mario games and so on.
  4. Apr 12, 2014
    This game is amazing due to the replayablitiy and its full of content and about 12 hrs story and the likeness of norman reedus an dmicheal rooker is spot on and excellent voice work well done terminal reality
  5. Mar 12, 2014
    why so underrated? TWD SI is not bad at all...the graphics is decent, the story is good, the voice acting is really good....but is too short, I kinda enjoyed this game...there is not multiplayer or coop and that is not good but its still a really fun game...
  6. Feb 24, 2014
    I will start by saying "I love the walking dead series"!! Maybe this is why i am rating this game so low.. oh no it is because this game has no merit what so ever. The movement is terrible, the zombies are terrible and the game play.. well i only played it for about an hour before selling it. I lost £15 instantly but glad to see the back of it. How did you score it 4.0 Meta? Honestly
  7. Feb 23, 2014
    A translation of... "AREALGAMER, Mar 23, 2013... review. For those who could not understand it.

I would like to severely differ with the opinions of a majority of these good folk. I am a fan of the ‘Walking Dead’ television series and found this game to be astonishing. It was violent, stealthy and quite action packed (I particularly enjoyed the crossbow).

At times whilst frolicking
    through this virtual adventure I became so engrossed that I felt as though I now existed as the ‘Daryl’ protagonist, skulking through the dim, zombie infested apothecary searching for ‘Marls’ medicine, carrying a flashlight and crossbow and causing various mayhem.

With my ‘Turtle Beach’ headphones turned up quite high and myself quite high also, playing in the dark (and I’d like to strongly stress the next points) I found to be quite unnerving and yet amusing. I thought this game portrayed a great tale and exposed us to the omitted link in the ‘Walking Dead’ story.

And may I call attention, to all the good folk that dare to decide to have an opinion that differs to my own, that the graphics are on par with some other titles in the marketplace that I’ve seen, so I disagree with any argument to that nature. Honestly, you are all such uncouth savages it’s unbecoming of me to attempt to enlighten you. One last point, I also think consoles are the superior gaming devices.

(It's midnight and I was bored so I thought it would be fun to translate a poorly written review, if this somehow offends anyone then bugger off and get some real problems.)
  8. Feb 9, 2014
    I was really getting into the L4D series and was revisiting it. I started checking around for zombie games and ran across this. I really enjoyed the title and was surprised to see the very bad reviews it is getting. Yes true, it is sort of a throwback to older games but I liked that about the game and also liked the stealth gameplay idea since you wouldn't want to draw in the attention of hordes of zombies. Nice change-up from a run of the mill FPS that shows they put some thought into the gameplay. Not a bad game, and it will definitely get me into Season 4 of the TV show, which I hadn't previously watched. Expand
  9. Feb 9, 2014
    Absolutely horrible. I wish I never bought this game. Save your money. The only good part is the actors voice-overs. I got it to have a TWD weekend starting with playing the game and then watching the return of the show on Feb 9th. I played the game for one hour and couldn't stand it anymore. It's in the box on the shelf never to be seen again. Thanks for ruining a fun weekend Activision.
  10. Feb 8, 2014
    Why the flying f**k was this game made?! I mean seriously I was disappointed, my world with Lee and Clementine is sooooo much more interesting than this steaming pile of crap. The only thing I liked about this game is that later on you get to use THE GODDAMN CROSSBOW! Which is a show iconic weapon... I feel a bit bad for the actors who decided to stay in this ah well but at least they were interesting and did rather good in their part of the game. And whoever gives this a 10 I will hunt you down and do what I did to Larry.
    I'm Kenny from the walking dead and I review to save lives.
  11. Feb 7, 2014
    AWFUL!!! Quite possibly the worst game I have played on this console generation. A cash in money grab by Activision to take advantage of fans. I love the walking dead and loved telltales version go buy that not this it's cheaper and more fun and will not make you want to kill yourself. Beware the 10/10 reviews they mostly only have that one review on their account hello Activision staff we are not as stupid as you like to think. Personally I would find a real zombie apocalypse a lot less distressing than playing this game.

The only reason it get's a 1 is due to the fact they released a game that sort of works all though I wish they had not and would have not had to suffer through it. You get the feeling it was rushed and no one gave a toss it was just a scam to separate you from your hard earned cash.

The good- Errr it is short so you don't suffer any longer than necessary
    The bad- A toss up between the awful combat awful look of the game.
    The ugly- How can you not program zombie A.I? Please tell me
    Verdict: 1/10 YOU FAIL IT!!
  12. Jan 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a shameless cash-in on The Walking Dead,(which is by the way one of my favorite TV shows), with awful AI, and lazy, and dull gameplay, completely useless fellow survivors, and a terrible ending which, shows how big of a bunch of cash whores is Activision, this is a really awful game. Expand
  13. Dec 2, 2013
    Nothing more then your average money grab by activation. Poorly executed and rusted, although the game still provides entertainment it's just missing a true story which could of been a masterpiece. Its a shame this happened to such a well known franchise name, looks like another missed opportunity. Would not recommended unless your looking to blow cash or your a serious WD freak.
  14. Nov 25, 2013
    This game is a very big deception to the AMC TV show TWD. I love the series but the game is worse that I thought. The story is monotone, the sceneries are always the same as well as the zombies appearance. The graphics and the movements are very limited as well as the gameplay. In this game you don't have an emotion and a connection with your "partners", you can treat them as dolls. The only positive point is: you play with Daryl. Expand
  15. Nov 21, 2013
    There are some good things about this game, but they are countered by the many things wrong with this poor excuse for a licensed video game. The graphics are textureless, the story is dull and lacking (especially for walking dead) voice acting is awful, and most of all... there is no replay values. This game could have been soooo much more.
  16. Sep 30, 2013
    The Story

The Walking Dead: Survival Instincts brings you into an apocalyptic world where zombies roam the world. Throughout the game you play as Daryl Dixon, one of the main characters from the television show. In Survival Instincts, the story line gives general players and fans of The Walking Dead and insight look of how Daryl, and his brother Merle Dixon, met up with the main group
    and what they went through before that time occurred as well as show how Daryl achieved his ever-so famous crossbow.

The Graphics

Graphics quality in Survival Instincts somewhat lacks a dynamic punch, for example a walkers, otherwise known as a zombie, hair looks like it was made of glue or clay then molded onto the head. However, the diversity of each walkers face has it's own unique pattern of bite marks, scratches, shapes of the jaw, teeth and more, these all add to a good fright factor at the right moment of time e.g in a dark room, turning round and a walker attacks you out of no where. There are a great amount of bugs relating to graphics, such as broken fence pieces still floating midair, gates flashing black when opened, walkers floating when killed. All around missions have invisible walls, preventing you from going further away from the current map without any sort of police barricade, for example, taking away a bit of the realistic touch.

The Mechanics and sound

The AI is very sloppy, throughout gameplay I had opened a metal fence and the walkers still attacked the fence, paying no attention to me whatsoever, I then began to kill them one by one. When one walker died another took its place, as if they were lining up to die. The scavenging mechanics allow you to gather survivors and send them out to gather supplies, but the amount of survivors depends on the size of the car you currently have. That said, there are missions that allow you to find car keys to either bigger, or smaller, cars. When sending out survivors to scavenge for supplies, there is always a chance of getting them killed by walkers, depending on what item you give them to defend themselves with as each survivor has their own skill trait such as being good at using blunt weapons. There were countless sound bugs within this game, fences breaking with the sound of wood getting chopped, walkers dying with the sound of a metal fence breaking and more. The game includes a feature where the player can choose a method of travel such as highways, streets and backroads. Depending on what method you choose, one method can either consume less fuel or another method may take a road such as backroads where it consumes a lot of fuel with a high chance of breaking down. If, by chance, your car breaks down or runs out of fuel, a side mission will take place allowing you to scavenge the nearby area for fuel or car hose. The issue with the side missions is that they're very repetitive, as there are about 3-4 different areas.

The Gameplay

It felt a bit stiff trying to kill walkers, e.g using the sledgehammer was a lot quicker than normal. One thing that gives a good addition to gameplay is sneaking around, trying to sneak past walkers and stealth killing them by sneaking up from behind and executing the stealth kill action. Like any realistic movie or game, gun fire attracts walkers to your location so be sure to only use your gun in dire situations and ammo is scarce to watch out, you don't want to run out of ammo when you desperately need it. If you ever happen to get grabbed by a walker, it activates a grappling mechanic where the player must place the circle onto the walkers head, activate the attack trigger and stab them in the head. This method breaks fighting gameplay by 50% due to the fact after killing the walker that grabbed you, if there is another walker, it will grab you almost instantly after you let go of the previous walker, this allows you to kill over 15 walkers without using any ammo, losing any health and just drains the fun and realism out of the game entirely. On the last mission, near the very end the last thing you did is mount a military vehicles machine gun and kill any incoming zombies, after which it cuts to black screen and goes to the credits, without showing you how exactly Daryl and Merle met the group like the game was purposely made for.

Final Verdict

The game seems rushed, only to gain quick money. For the price of $49.99 or £31.99 makes the game a complete rip off, due to the lack of effort of the game. I feel the only reason others need to buy this game, is to play as Daryl Dixon and get to see Merle, even though he is barely in the game. A poor effort to a great series that could have become something incredible if more time was put into it.
  17. Aug 5, 2013
    This is my review for walking dead: survival instinct SINGLE PLAYER: 4/10. good characters, but very poor storytelling and direction GRAPHICS: 3/10. outdated, awful N64 graphics with loads of glitches SOUND: 5/10. legit voice actors, but poor quality otherwise GAMEPLAY: 3/10. sub par controls, loads of glitches, and poor fighting and mechanics FUN FACTOR: 4/10. as a fan of the show, i was very disappointed with this mediocre attempt at the game. good ideas, but terrible execution. man, i wish this game turned out better.
    TOTAL: 3/10
  18. ERB
    Aug 1, 2013
    Why on earth is this game has low scores It is practically fun and awesome.I will never get It why you guys hate this.I mean this game is better than dead island.
  19. Jul 13, 2013
    I am a really big fan of The Walking Dead and this game really pissed me off. The game is short, the game play is repetitive, and Merle is barely in the game! The survivors that you can recruit in your group are useless in this game because when you send them to get supplies, they either come with one piece of food that you have to use on them because they get so up, or they die. And the ending is horrible, even though if one of my favorite levels of the game. I blame Activision Expand
  20. Jul 12, 2013
    There really isn't much to say about this game apart from the fact that it is just plain awful I will start with the graphics which are a big thing nowadays. Even on the outdated Xbox 360 console the graphics are bad. This game looks like it is from the play station 2 old Xbox era and I have seen better graphics on Xbox live arcade games. But that's not the biggest thing for some people is it so I'll go say how the story is next If your a big fan of the walking dead like me then I beg you dont buy this game and fall into the trap like me and so many others have done. It's obvious this game was just a money grab and from activision that doesnt suprise me. You may be tempted with it having the dixon brothers in it like me and it also having the actual actors from the show for the voice acting but thats no reason to go and blow your hard earned cash on this crap game. The story is sub-par and doesnt do the show or the dixon brothers the credit and justice they deserve You drive around from place to place with the game actually being scripted I kid you not scripted. When travelling from one destination to another if your hear dialog as you do so you will not I repeat will not find any supplies or have the opportunity to scavenge any places The ending was crappy too and was a huge letdown I managed to scrape through the game and was looking forward to seeing the ending as I thought that would atleast maybe make up for something but it doesnt This game just screams rushed. The gameplay is also very boring too like the story and the zombies are incredibly stupid too you can at times stand behind one for several seconds and they wont even smell you and turn around The zombies also re spawn too when leaving a area and going back Dont buy this game I would suggest renting it at best Expand
  21. Jul 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't mind a few of the bugs, but their were very few memorable characters besides merle and dearl. plus it had the worst ending I have ever seen. it said it was a prequel but it ended with merle pulling you out a evacuation helicopter and saying the pilot was bitten, then you drive out of the evacuation zone. The End. It's a average game, a lot of bugs and glitches, and I only remember 2 of the characters besides dearl and merle. the ending is what got it a 4 out of 10 Expand
  22. Jun 27, 2013
    I like this game, it's not different from any other zombie game apart from the player being Daryl (it's deryl not daryl) but I enjoyed myself. There's not many missions to do at all, and all it consists of is you being abandoned by meryl (once you've found him), running round and collecting supplies and killing around 20 zombies a time. It gets repetitive easily but it kills time. The gameplay is nothing different, and the story is kinda s*it. Expand
  23. Jun 25, 2013
    The crossbow was pretty awesome, slegehammer and fire axe was great for hurry situtation, but other melee weapon was so weak. the quest was pretty good and challenging. The most moment's that i hate it was, the breakdown and some scavenged chance that ruined some of the gameplay. The game was great only for recomendation, not to be positive.
  24. May 25, 2013
    I can see why some people don't like this game but as an earlier reviewer said, it's not cod zombies. I really like the way of sneaking and making choices and it has also got a great replay ability. There are some bugs here and there but if you are willing to look past those bugs, it's a great game.
    It's also a really ambient game and it sets your mood to actually fear those zombies that
    are banging on your door.
    The fact that they have based the characters on the tv series is awesome because I really like the tv series.
    Overall a great game and a definite buy!
  25. May 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game had high hopes for me being a hardcore fan of the series, then I played it, now this game had piss poor graphics to warz standard, and a combat system with duh hit 3 times that'll do it" not much variety at all. So I expected the story and atmosphere to do something, like the telltale game, WRONG linear story, goofy walkers and no feel that the world went to Now there are cool features like going in stealthy or Rambo-ing it up with guns but it made no difference, then there was alternate routes back roads used more fuel but more scavenge opportunities but then highways had lower fuel consumption but you break down more often. This cool except you can take the highways, use less fuel then break down and scavenge for supplies in same gas station you find every time with ZERO variety.
    Then at the end SPOILERS!! you get a cliffhanger ending where Daryl and Merle drive off into the sunset YOU it is mass effect 3 bad.
    Then if you buy the dlc what happens oh some new guns and a absolute survival mode that has 1 map and random weapons spawn. There is no tactics just shoot every thing in sight and drink some soda while your at it.
    So final verdict is rental or pirate it cause it has potential bad terrible execution.
  26. Apr 28, 2013
    Is this a prototype? Meh. The AI of the zombies are stupid, Even though guns feel right, everything else doesn't. This is not a survival game this game is meant for the story? Pardon me? The Story is completely A child could of wrote it.. The developers gave the bare minimal effort to create this game, This was only made to get money off of stupid consumers. I mark this as a Scam for the Xbox 360, This was meant for the Playstation 2. Expand
  27. Apr 27, 2013
    Terrible. It was a good thought for a game but thy should have spent more time with it. Honestly I hated and it was not worth 40 bucks maybe 10 or 15.
  28. Apr 27, 2013
    Playing through this game I maid a mental checklist of just about everything a game could do wrong. Walking Dead Survival Instinct hit on all of them. Invisible walls, check. Horrible AI, check. Awful graphics, double check. Unresponsive guns that feel like a toy, check. Non-fluid animations, check. I could keep going but you get the point. This game is an insult to gamers and the people who buy games. This should have been a $10 novelty game and even at that price it would deserve the scores it's getting. The game is absolutely horrible with the only redeeming quality being that it's the only shooter where you can live in the Walking Dead world. The devs and the Activision knew full fell this game would be horrible and they are doing damage control with user reviews. It's actually worse than Alien Colonial Marines which I didn't think was possible. Hands down worst game of the year and it's pushing worst game of the decade I've played. There is absolutely no reason why this game should exist. It's only there to trick gamers who don't follow review scores into thinking it's good because of the name only and to spend their hard earned money on this game (not even sure it should be called a game.)

Avoid at all costs unless you want to rent to find out just how bad it is for yourself like I did.
  29. Apr 26, 2013
    I personally don't understand how negatively this game has been received. It wasn't released as a AAA title and was priced as such. I enjoyed the game from beginning to end. And it's one of the few games I didn't mind going through a second playthrough to finish up the achievements. The bonus relics that unlock items to use from the beginning of your second playthrough are a nice touch. I loved using my silenced pistol and rifle throughout my run to the stadium. Expand
  30. Apr 25, 2013
    This game could have been so much more. But it wasn't. When I saw it advertised instead of being excited and interested, I just simply said 'This'll be terrible.' The game itself is broken and the A.I. is that of a wondering sheep in a field.
  31. Apr 24, 2013
    One of my favorite TV shows with Merle and Daryl made into a game was a dream come true. But the end result turned out to be a big disappointment. First of all, the graphics are really muddy and outdated when I started up the game. But i was willingly to looked past that to play the game. The game play itself is nothing amazing but sneaking pass zombies and killing them was pretty enjoyable. I found the assassination animation pretty repetitive and it would have been nice if the developers put different animations for different melee weapons Instead of the same old stab in the head with a knife. The story was bad and the ending was even worst. I enjoyed they the option to choose multiple paths which offers replay-ability. The choice to enlist different survivors was a pretty cool idea but they were completely useless and would be best to leave in the car. You can only have a certain number of survivors with you and you would have to leave someone behind if the car got full. I found it off leaving someone behind without a word of complaint. The only good part of the game is probably the appearance of Merle and Daryl but they barely say anything to increase the value of the game. Overall, the game was rushed and a quick cash in and not worth the buy. Expand
  32. Apr 15, 2013
    Just another rushed game for a quick buck. Boring and repetitive game-play, boring story line, boring weapons. This is one of the worst games I've ever played.

Wait, I'm confused, EA didn't make this?
  33. Apr 12, 2013
    I actually enjoyed this game. I do have to retort to the people giving it bad reviews, what were you expecting? The main point of topic is that it has bad graphics which is nonsensical to dock it points for that. The graphics aren't ground braking, but certainly not bad, at times the lighting and shading is epic. The rest of the game is lots of fun. I'd recommend this game to anyone who likes FPS's or zombies, even more so to a walking dead fan. Although I preferred the TellTale games version, this is a good game. Don't let the bad reviews put you off. Expand
  34. Apr 10, 2013
    ThiS GAME IS SO AWESOME! The framerate is always 200 fps or something like that, the graphics look better then crysis 3, and the story is so emotional. U NEED TO BUY THIS! This isn't a sandbox game but you will not see a difference. The variety of maps is SO HUGE and SO BIG. U really think ur living in a big city. Also the zombies are SO detailed and the texture quality are SO awesome. At really every chapter I had to cry because the story was SO good. BUY THIS GAME!!! ITs like I bought four games for the very CHEAP price of 50 euro's!!!!!!!!! SO CHEAP!!!!!!! Expand
  35. Apr 8, 2013
    I'm glad I borrowed this game instead of buying it. There is some fun to be had, but it gets highly repetitious very quick. As far as I can tell, there are only about 6 different zombie faces, so get used to bashing/shooting the same 6 zombies over and over.

My biggest complaint about this game is the auto-save feature. It doesn't save until you actually accomplish part of the quest or
    a side quest. There's been a couple occasions where I had to replay 15 minutes of the game over because of the auto-save.

There are some decent aspects of the game. Deciding which survivors to take with you (although I don't understand the whole having a pickup truck and only being able to choose one survivor...you would think the other survivors wouldn't mind getting in the back of the truck), and choosing which route to take when driving (you choose back roads, street, or highway...you don't actually "drive").

Bottom line, if you don't mind mediocre graphics and endless repetition, then you may really enjoy this game. Otherwise, I highly recommend renting or borrowing from a friend.
  36. Apr 5, 2013
    The back story to Daryl and Merle... was a FAILURE. No wow factor, nothing in this game will want you to keep playing to the end. It's pretty bad when you care less about the characters as the LEADS in a game as opposed to the TV show where they are not. This game is worth a play at 10 bucks, but anything more and you're just getting ripped off.
  37. Apr 4, 2013
    Yes I can understand why people would not like this game..but this isnt COD zombies. You actually have to try and survive by trying to hit the head, use stealth and destrations. I think it is a Awsome, and great game and the graphics have a Boderlands 2 feel and the zombies grabing you is pain but other than that i feel like it was almost spot on..feeling of a real zombie Apocalypse
  38. Apr 3, 2013
    I don't understand why everyone is giving this game such a terrible review. It is definitely not the best game I've ever played, but I read the reviews and decided to try it out myself. I think the game does have some great elements, the decision making and choosing where to go next is very innovative in a zombie style game. It has times when I jumped because a zombie caught me unexpectedly. This game reminds me of a toned down Dead Island. Is it worth your $50? No, I can say when it gets to $20 bucks or less I would recommend the game to anyone, it is worth that. This game right now is definitely a rental. You will have some good times with it. Expand
  39. Apr 3, 2013
    Fantastic. A zombie videogame with a new point of view which will make everyone think about the consequences on the society caused by a disaster... I really like it
  40. Apr 2, 2013
    I wait something better with this video game, activision disappoint me, Boring game, The walking dead video game is better than this, i expect something better but really disappoint me.
  41. Apr 1, 2013
    WTF is this. This was terrible ive never seen anything more poorly excuted in my life. The only positive is the voice acting thats it. The survival aspects are gone in this. You have poor AI for zombies! Really how do mess that up i cant believe it
  42. Apr 1, 2013
    Activision's way of "cash-cowing" a popular franchise and advertising with fan-favorite characters. Acting as if they are filling a untold void all fans of the show want to know. All I have to say is: generic and irrelevant. Talk about corporate synergy though.
  43. Mar 30, 2013
    I don't understand how it is possible for someone to say anything good about this game. I am a huge Walking Dead fan and wasn't expecting much from this game, however I was shocked at how bad it actually was. Prepare yourself for dull gameplay that is so repetitive, it will make you sick. The fake sweat pouring down the screen is incredibly stupid. This was by far the worst game I played this generation. Anyone who gives this a good review has to be a developer. Unreal that some idiot would give it a 10 then try backing it by saying it was story driven. I give it a 0 due to how many undeserving 8s, 9s, and 10s it received. Expand
  44. Mar 27, 2013
    Lets have a look at this game shall we? Invisible walls? Check! A.I. that doesn't work most of the time? Check! Emotion? no.. Immersion? No.. An ending that closes up the story nicely and links to the Tv series? No... Graphics probably made by a monkey? Check! This game is a half arsed unfinished piece of published by greedy 'ol Bobby. Although i do merit the fact the good parts of gameplay were completely ripped off these flash games called "the last stand" which i quite enjoyed when i was a bit younger. Expand
  45. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is a prequel to The Walking Dead on AMC which is no doubt an attempt to cash in on the shows popularity. First off let me say this game had some great ideas such as you can send out scavengers to find supplies, and the car breaking down would be a good idea if it wasn't so tedious and boring. The random stops along the roads to get gas, car parts, and move cars was just annoying and very location was basically the same layout. The game is extremely short. The first time I beat it, it took me 4 hours. The second and third time only an hour and 45 min. The story, (if there really even is one), was lackluster and did not immerse me into the game. The ending is terrible in my opinion but I will not be specific so I don't spoil it. The gameplay, while being very basic and stale, actually kept me somewhat interested as bad as it was. The executions and melee kills could have been better executed than they where and the gun play was pretty basic. The graphics are bland and lack a creative art direction, and seem as though they were rushed like most Activision games. Overall this game is just a cash grab but if you must try it rent it like I did. I got some easy achievements an didn't have to spend 50 dollars on a bland game. Story 3/10, graphics 4/10, game play 5/10. I give it a 5 overall because it is not unplayable and may be enjoyable for some people. Expand
  46. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is utterly terrible, everything in this game is half-assed, from the gameplay to the story to the presentation. Why is it, that most film adaptations have to be THIS bad? And it's also approved by Activision, one of the biggest publishers, this has to be one of the biggest cash in the past few months. This game is a disgrace and absoluitely NO match to the TV-series. It appears this game was made for the uninformed peasants who just buy games after the cover and because of the name. This game is a prime example of today's idiocracy in the gaming industry. STAY CLEAR, this game is NOT worth the money. Pirate it if you really want to play it.. Expand
  47. Mar 27, 2013
    I made it 30 minutes into this game and quit. Its a horrible cash grab, and deserves to be forgotten in a trash bin. The developers must have droped a load in their pants when TellTale's game started winning awards and they knew they had to come out with this trash with a TWD stamp on it.

Norman Reedus and Michale Rooker, are both amazing actors but this game is sadly not.
  48. Mar 27, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a successful comic that has since been adapted to AMC's hit TV show of the same name. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct focuses on a character who is exclusive to the TV show called Daryl Dixon and is currently a fan favourite. Daryl Dixon started out as a racist redneck who only cared for his own survival, since the second and third series of the TV show, the character has changed a lot and has attracted a large number of fans.

The game is a prequel to the show and you start out by learning what happened during Daryl's early days during the undead scourge. While there aren't any amazing revelations, you do get a bit more information about the characters and there are some characters that get referenced in passing.

The good things about this game include a solid combat engine and a range of weapons to choose from. While the combat is not quite as good as Dead Island, you can reliably take down Walkers with stealth attacks and later get stronger weapons.

Each melee weapon is different from the speedy but weak hammer to the heavy and slow sledgehammer that can take down walkers in a single hit. In terms of guns you have pistols, shotguns, rifle and of course Daryl's trusty crossbow. You'll want to use the crossbow as much as you can to kill walkers silently and retrieve your crossbow bolts.

Silence is important because walkers pick up on sound a lot. One way you can draw walkers away is by throwing a bottle or a flare in the opposite direction, when they charge towards the noise you slip past them the other way.

As you progress through the game you'll want to pick up food rations, weapons, ammunition and fuel. Fuel is important for making your way across the map on the road sections. Some of these sections will give you a choice, do you move the car stuck on the road or take an alternative route?

One great feature of the game is the survivor management. As you progress in the game, you get access to different survivors. You can only pick up a certain number of survivors, based on the size of your vehicle. While you may sometimes want to save everyone, ultimately you sometimes have to choose a location and hope for the best. Some survivors are also only found on the random encounters and so can be overlooked. It's worth helping them survive since you get a bonus at the end of the game.

Sadly it's not all non-stop fun and there are a few bad points about this game. This game is relentlessly hard, with no difficulty select screen. This means that if you're not careful, you will die many times until you learn how to move around properly and what areas are dangerous to be in. You can sometimes get away from walkers in buildings, but often you can get trapped and face an early demise.

Another gripe with many people is the game length. At most, the campaign mode can be completed in around 5-8 hours. In other games this isn't such a major problem, but since there is no multiplayer or co-operative modes of any kind, it's a big big problem. The ending is also a bit of a let down as it doesn't really fill in any gaps or explain anything of importance.

If you have the option of getting Dead Island then I would suggest that you try that game out first, as it's fairly cheap. Otherwise you could potentially get this game but I would say you should get it cheap, simply because of it's length and problems. It's still pretty fun at times though.
  49. Mar 26, 2013
    There is actually little difference between this and Bioshock 3. Both are mediocre shooters. Both are a waste of time and money... What I don't get is the difference in scores between two games clearly on the same level. If you like the WD series, you will like the game. If you want to play Bioshock 2 again, you will like the B3 game.
  50. Mar 26, 2013
    Awful game. graphics are just awful at least borderland 2 meant to have comic graphics.grass just looks like a cardboard box painted green a laid on the ground.zombies are as stupid as a drunken hobo in fact the only highlight of this game is the voice acting of Norman reedus.do not buy.
  51. Mar 25, 2013
    this game is AMAZING. I hate it when someone disses this game but love assassins creed (a game that has never improved in any way and charges 60$ every year for the EXACT same game).
  52. Mar 25, 2013
    I know the graphics really sucks but I think the story it's great I think the could invest much more on the game. I give 7 out of 10 because the story it's great, and I don't have seen any bugs on the game except on the final mission the truck it's just bugged
  53. Mar 25, 2013
    I haven't even played this game yet and I already think it's good. If you're looking for a game to blast through zombies like they're cotton candy with your infinite ammo AK47, you're not going to like this game. However, if you want a suspenseful and challenging game in which you have to survive in a realistic zombie apocalypse, this might just be your kind of game. Watch gameplay before you spend 50 dollars on the game. Expand
  54. Mar 25, 2013
    This game was not even completed! The animations look unfinished, concepts are there but not fully implemented, almost everything seems half-arsed and rushed. There appears to be no optimization at all. Changing screen resolution and graphics options crashes my game to desktop followed by a bunch of error messages. It's as if this was an alpha build and some idiot in charge said, "Release this now!", and the developers gave up trying to explain to that person that the game wasn't completed. It should have spent a few more months in development. I don't even care that the graphics aren't the best I've seen, I was just hoping for a game that actually worked and was finished, and had all the ideas FULLY implemented into them that were talked about while it was in development; a game that put me into the walking dead world and was tense. I just hate to have to give a game such a low score, but the fact that it was released like this with a $50 price tag ticks me off, and I want everyone to know that they should avoid buying this game like the plague. I seriously doubt they can fix (finish) this game by releasing a series of patches. It's just awful. The one point I do give it for the fact that they put in RPG elements and the ability to lean to look around corners as well as a few other little things. But these little things that might surprise you and make you say, "hey, that is cool!" are just overshadowed by the gut wrenching fact that they are inside of a big steaming pile of over-priced pooh. Expand
  55. Mar 25, 2013
    this game is stupid bugs you cant even jump on some cars you cant even sent merl to find so food or ammo wtf is this and no coop this game graphics suck big time shame on you i have no words
  56. Mar 25, 2013
    It is a very simple game that didn't get enough play testing. There are many problems with it like the walkers becoming joggers which made me mad being the fan I am. When you get in the middle of a herd and have an endless group hug is none the less annoying. The game still has a lot of bugs which hopefully can be fixed. The driving fuel part of the game isn't even that bad because you always break down by a place with all the supples in the world making it useless to pick highway. And the story is only about 4-6 hours at most. Expand
  57. Mar 25, 2013
    You know what it's ok. I have been following this for a while and I'm a fan of the show. It never claimed to be the best game of the year and so I guess I never expected that. It just seems like a fun play through of a world based on the show so I got exactly what I wanted. If I only wanted to play COD I would but I like playing games and I enjoyed this. If you like the show and can understand that not all games are created equal then give it a go it's more fun than the trolls seem to all suggest. Afterwards you can buy something else. Expand
  58. Mar 24, 2013
    Huge fan of the television series. Unfortunately this game is nowhere near as good as the show or the Telltale game. This is a rushed title trying to cash in on the popularity of the show. The poor graphics wouldn't be a problem if the game had any substance. There's a total of 3 levels that cycle randomly depending where you stop. The zombies have terrible AI, the animations are horrendous, the voice acting was phoned in and the gameplay is boring.

If this was a $5 alpha build with claims of further development, I might tell friends to take a chance. But this is a full price pile of doodoo, pure rip-off.
  59. Mar 24, 2013
    If you are a patient gamer who wants a couple hour long game to beat this was a good time. You MUST take your time and find weapons early on. BE QUITE and make distractions. Those of you WHO didnt like this game, i can bet that this game took you more than 2 hours playtime to complete and is a very impatient person and write bad reviews to compensate for your poor gamer skills.GREAT GAME
  60. Mar 24, 2013
    It's a real shame Terminal Reality (or Activision but I mostly suspect TR for that, Activision wouldn't be that dumb) are using bots on Metacritic to "boost" their User Score.

I hope Metacritic techs are saving the IPs user agent of all these 10/10 reviews and doing a little bit of tracing, if that goes unpunished all the shoddy devs like TR will do the same to Metacritic.
  61. Mar 24, 2013
    I am a huge Walking Dead fan, but this game........ FANDBOYS, this game isnt worth the effort to defend. I was foolishly hyped up for it due to the excellent game "The Walking Dead", but instead we get a half assed, money grab. Not even the story could save this game!? Stop saying that the lowering of the price or the story. It sucks, its bad, please accept the fact that its bad and stop, watch the show and cry about it. Expand
  62. Mar 24, 2013
    What did everyone expect from this game, activision only had limited time and hardly any budget to create this game so unless they are Harry Houdini they were never going to create a game in the the categories of other games such as the call of duty franchise. Nevertheless this was a great attempt at a proper zombie survival game unlike dead rising, this game really makes you sit on the edge of your seat as the different missions are gripping. I would recommend you buy this game and don't listen to the critics as sometimes they get reviews wrong and this is one of the times. Expand
  63. Mar 24, 2013
    Thank god, it has some meaning for Zombie Shooters like The Walking Dead. The story wants more attention, its not like The other walking dead games. For a price of $50 it doesn't get your money's worth but it does deliver some fun and its story is kind of nice.
  64. Mar 24, 2013
    The game was decent but got repetetive really quick. You come across the the same areas multiple times and it just doesnt seem much effort was out into this game. The only reason to finish this game is if your a fan of the show. The game is also very short so its just worth a rent.
  65. Mar 24, 2013
    People are expecting too much. It's not a half-baked game, and it's not Terminal Reality's fault the game turned out the way it did. They're a decent development studio, they just got a cheap project with a quick deadline. Not everybody can churn out Luigi's Mansion in a year; Terminal Reality did the best they could, and if they had two or three years, all these great ideas would have turned into something much better than what we see. Now, if you go into the game remembering the golden age of ps2 and orginal Xbox, you'll get an entertaining blast from the past. The game's not horrendously bad, it's just dated and rushed.

Also, the game plays great on Wii U; item management on the Gamepad makes the game much easier to play.
  66. Mar 23, 2013
    As soon as I saw the Activision logo, I knew I was in for a crapfest. This, in no way, can compete with the, in my opinion, phenomenal Walking Dead game by Telltale Games. If you honestly had to make a choice of a Walking Dead game to choose from, pick the amazing Telltale version.
  67. Mar 23, 2013
    They should rename this title to "The Walking Disappointment". I think its amazing how the leaked trailer that was dismissed by Terminal Reality as not being actual gameplay, but in fact it was an exact representation of the game released! I really wanted this to be something special like TellTales TWD. What this game should of been was a 3rd person open world game! where you can go around Atlanta surviving the outbreak in the same way you do in DayZ, but with a proper story mode with emphasise on the bond between the Dixon brothers as they struggle to survive the outbreak. You could have loot-able shops,house's, cars,warehouse's etc, in this game you cant even break a car window or jump over a small fence to go places that look accessible! The Walking Dead isn't going to stop any time soon! so the quick cash in was totally pointless. They should of taken a leaf from TT's book... oh wait you did, you wrote a review about your own game, like TT's self review of Jurassic Park. Expand
  68. Mar 23, 2013
    Gave it a 10 only to show how far modern day journalists are from being objective. Looks like they either didn't played a game, of it's a simple prejudice. The game is an extremely addictive FPS, with survival, scavenging, shooting, exploring, and a nice story and characters. Greatest disappointment is graphics, it looks like some indi-project, but absolutely worth a try.
  69. Mar 23, 2013
    I have to strongly disagree with the comments from most of the stale turd people.im a walking dead fan and this game was amazing violent stealthy/run and gun assault rifle madness and pure epicness with the crossbow,at times in the game i actually thought i was daryl creeping through the dark zombie infested pharmacy shops looking for marls MEDS with Flashlight and crossbow head shotting anything that moved with turtle beaches on full high as a kite playing in the dark THE GAME WAS STRAIGHT ERIE FUN ADDICTIVE AND PORTRAYED A GREAT STORY AND MISSING LINK IN THE WALKING DEAD STORY AND CAN I POINT OUT TO ALL THE STALE TURD GAMERS OUT THERE THAT GIVE IT THIS DIRE RATING THE GRAPHICS ARE BETTER I THINK THAN BATTLE FEILD 3 WIHCH IN MY CASE IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME SO DONT NO WHAT HALF OF U ARE DRIBBLING ON ABOUT OBVISLEY URE NOOBS AND DONT NO HOW TO GAME ANYWAY EXCELLENT GAME AND PC GAMERS ARE CONSOLE GAMING IS WERE THE PRO,S ARE PC IS FOR Expand
  70. Mar 23, 2013
    Whoever rated this anywhere near 10, needs to reconsider their purpose in life. Daikatana and Fable 3 must easily be a 15 if this was a 10. The only good thing about this game is laughing at it with other people. But even if you laugh through it, you will end up feeling depressed and feel the need to bash your head against the wall to forget the tragedy which you someone happened to play before reading reviews. The ending is a joke and instantly shows that the game wasn't anywhere near finished. There are no feels in this game. Expand
  71. Mar 23, 2013
    The only thing going for the game is the voice over actors Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker which, unfortunately for them cannot do them much good, in fact, I would be pursuing for career damages with this absolute pile of steaming sh!t.
  72. Mar 23, 2013
    If the idea of a stealth and melee based zombie game where using a gun is seldom the best option appeals to you, give this game a chance. If you can get past the graphics its a surprisingly good.game and I think the negative reviews are overly harsh.
  73. Mar 23, 2013
    Instead of the walking dead this game should be named Dead on arrival, or Dead in the water. This is nothing but a cash grab. Is this game worth pulling Ulysses S Grant out of my wallet, heck no! Glad i just rented it. I played better games on my android for free. Shigero Miyamoto said it best "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." Nuff said.
  74. Mar 22, 2013
    i don't under how people are giving 10/10 to this game, i wonder if they are payed or just dunno are still playing games released 15 years and they are like wow this is a video game and at 40$+ you would expect AAA quality or refund, this worse than War Z and this is not a compliment.
  75. Mar 22, 2013
    To keep things short and to the point, this game is not good. Boring, slow game play. Horrible graphics. Decent story. I knew this was gonna be bad from the start, and it was. And as a hardcore fan of the TV series, I am disappointed. The ONLY reason this does not get a zero is because of the voice acting by the characters.
  76. Mar 22, 2013
    Ill save you the time and just tell you now not to buy the game. First off, the gameplay is just sub par. There is nothing really challenging about it, and sometimes the zombies are too stupid to even make good dead people. The graphics are terrible, but that is acceptable to an extent (It not all about the visuals.) But why does it deserve a three? Because i can't think of a SINGLE good aspect of the game short of the Dixon brothers and real voice actors from the TV show. Expand
  77. Mar 22, 2013
    This is first person survival horror, not Left 4 Dead 3 or a point and click adventure. What made these people expect anything else? If you're looking for zombie survival mechanics and are a fan of the walking dead series, at least give this a rental.
  78. Mar 22, 2013
    I give this game a score of 8/10.
    As a Gamer I do not care so much about the graphics as I love the Walking Dead series and still do. The game does not change my feeling for walking dead but they could make the game better and not rush thing out. This is another example as ACM (Aliens). I recommend this game to people who don't care about graphics and love Walking dead as much as me Game
    Price: Around 40 Pounds.
    The game price is quite high for the game but I do not care. I love the series and I love the game!
  79. Mar 21, 2013
    I'm actually enjoying it as a fan of the series! It's not AAA grade, but it does a good job and I'll give it a 7. It is NOT a FPS. It's really a simulator of the TV show, and stealth is the way to go. I also like that you do not survive if you are rushed by walkers.

Seriously, it's not a 4/10. I'd give it 7/10, and I'm actually loving the game. Nice surprise.
  80. Mar 21, 2013
    I liked it. It's a TV show/comic book base game, of corse it's not going to be a masterpeace... has any movie or TV show based game been one?? IDTS. All in all I enjoy stabbing walkers in the face as Dixion. If they would have had another year.. this game might just be perfect and worth full-sale price.. they have the right idea guys.. never diss The Walking Dead guys.. it's ALL good.
  81. Mar 21, 2013
    This game felt like it was headed in the right direction then some executive just stepped in and said "Release it now!" despite the fact that it was only half done.

The controls are the worst example of this half baked feeling. VERY clunky which is a deal breaker in a zombie game where you need fast reflexes to dispatch them in close combat. Weapon swings take SO LONG it would be a
    death sentence to try and fight more than one zombie with just melee weapon swings even with something like a sledge hammer. Bottom line melee in this game is totally broken and useless.

The best way to kill them is just hitting RB then side stepping behind them for an "execution" which is also WAY too quirky and buggy to work reliably.

The firearms in the game work fine nothing special but there really no point in using them because they attract every zombie on the map to your location. So the best strategy ends up being to run past everything to the end which you can do on almost every map.

If you try and go the "stealth" route which is what they clearly push in the game then you can enjoy all the melee bugs and instances of them respawning zombies right behind you to add difficulty. Then also enjoy all those free scratch hits zombies get while you try to melee with their awful combat system.

The "survivors" you pick up along the way are totally pointless. You can send them out to scavenge but supplies are so plentiful there's never a point to doing this and it ends up being a total waste of time.

The last level is horrendously bad. I won't spoil it for you but when you finish off the game you will realize just how bad and half baked this game was.

I would have loved to see what they could have done with more time and money. A better scavenging/survivor system and a much more fluid melee combat system would have propelled this game into the "good" category for sure. Sad to see this get rushed out.
  82. Mar 21, 2013
    EDIT* Do yourselves a favor and look how many people who gave it a 10 posted separate reviews for multiple systems for this game. Activision literally planted these people to bolster the scores. Their reviews are so off the mark it's so obvious that they're lying. Watch one gameplay video of the game and you'll see how fallacious their reviews are. DO NOT BUY THIS. *EDIT Game is actually pretty bad. Obviously rushed. You can tell from the small things like limited attack animations, barely any variation in zombie character models, bland textures, strained dialogue, maze-like levels that are covered by a veneer of non-linearity, and combat that is so dull you'll wonder why you aren't playing something else while you swing at the same zombie 5 times in a row (hitting their heads, mind you), just waiting for them to die and leave you alone so you can finally get through this barely 5-hour adventure. Expand
  83. Mar 21, 2013
    OOOO dear itz so beefy....poor graphics even by beefys standards, chucklevision walker a.i., only reedeming features are the beefy theme tune and the main actors voice overs....da rest, as they say, IS BEEFY
  84. Mar 21, 2013
    The Walking Dead is, definitely, at the peak of his life. From a succesful comic series to a full monopoly, The Walking Dead is without a doubt one of the most successful franchises of all time. Some months ago we have the GOTY winning and one of my favourite games of all time, Telltale's The Walking Dead, that took a break from the story and made it his own. Now, a new game has come to the same consoles (Regarding the Wii U) where Telltale stood and won. And unfortunately, it isn't as good.
    You shouldn't be surprised. Activision has done this to us already. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct was made to satisfy those who wanted quantity over quality, who were pissed off because Telltale's production was more story than gameplay. So, Activision thought they would take the two actors from the TV Series and put them in voice acting to attract masses of fans, the problem is it isn't enough: If something that Telltale got right is that TWD is all about the characters, not the zombies. This game messes up.
    From a gameplay point of view, TWD: Survival Instinct is fun in a beginning. We have a correct variety of guns, each one special on its own, and sometimes we have to face tough decisions as trusting our guns to other survivors, or when the annoying inventory comes full with only 10 items and you have to give something up to give something in. The problem is that as many Activision games, the gameplay starts getting tiring after a while. The only thing you do is killing zombies, sometimes masses, but there is no Open World or something like that as we used to love on Dead Island. Now mentioned, TWD: Survival Instinct feels most of the time a regularly done Dead Island ripoff instead of a new game on itself. One of the main reasons is that games works the same way, and as there is almost no story, you feel like you're playing a Dead Island expansion. We have also some decisions to make when we go from one place to another, but they affect more the length of the gameplay that the game itself.
    I know that this game wasn't supposed to be a story-driven one. But come on! At least they could use the talent from the voice actors (Daryl and Merle, if y'all don't know) to make it interesting. As a prequel, it fails. The ending is flat, and you literally feel you just paid 50 bucks and did a massive zombie killing just to hear Daryl and Merle talk. It doesn't feel as a TWD game, more than a game that has lots of glitches (Visually, it fails in almost any sense with bad resolution textures but specially with zombie design. They are all the same!). Somehow, a box flies out of nowhere, or worse, zombies are invisible and you die for no reason at all. There is no Multiplayer, and although it is not compulsory, a game like this needs it desperately to justify the price. It isn't a good game. Even though, If you still want to buy it, I would recommend waiting a lil' for the madness to low and the prices to worth as the game should: 20 bucks, no more than that!
  85. Mar 21, 2013
    First of all, like any game, this one certainly has its faults, The graphics are not the best, the A.I could do with some tweeking and of course no co-op.However, all those things aside there is certainly some great replay value in this thing. The stealth baaed gameplay certainly adds some realism, unlike left 4 dead and Nazi Zombies, everyone seem to compare these two games to any future zombie game, the same thing happened with dead island. If you look past those things there really is a great game under it all. Its a survival/horror game and it fits those genres well while trying to explain the back story to two of the shows favorite characters, the gameplay is smooth, but could do with a few adjustments. So far I'm enjoying the game, and hopefully the developers will take every ones complaints into consideration and fix those issues in updates. And just remember this game only took one year to make and its come out better than colonial marines so far. so all in all not the best game out, but certainly far from the worst, but hey that's just my opinion. Expand
  86. Mar 21, 2013
    Please. Anyone notice how the high ranked reviews sound suspiciously like they are written by the same people who made the game? few games are beneath contempt, or comment, This one is, partially because such rich source material is wasted...no, INSULTED, by the quality of this game
  87. Mar 21, 2013
    Alright. This game was receiving a lot of pre-buzz hate for 2 things. 1. Bad Graphics. 2.Activision rushed it. I do think that Activision should have given Terminal Reality a couple months to work on this, but I get how they thought. Shows popular now, lets get the game out now before the ratings dip and people won't buy it. However, if they didn't do that and gave Terminal Reality more time, this would have been a stellar game and would not need the show to sell.

Graphics don't look like 2013, but graphics do not make the game. These graphics are serviceable, and I only ever complained about a few textures. They really should have made different walker models, because I found myself stabbing the same heads about 20 times. Not a major issue, but I hope a patch is released for that.

Gameplay is simple yet effective. I wish that the execution kill move wasn't the knife every time, but it was fun. Still, patch would be nice. Your interaction with other survivors is limited. You can equip members of your group with weapons, heal them, send them on supply runs, and kick them out. But that's about it. Terminal Reality made me think that I could regret picking certain survivors, but I never really did. I thought I might end up getting a nut who would try to slit people's throats while we slept, and he would succeed before I managed to kill him. Nothing of the sort. Maybe someone comes back from a supply run, but hides a bite and ends up turning into a walker and killing someone in your group. Nothing of the sort. Your interaction with survivors is strictly limited to "Do something for them. Recruit them. Send them on runs. Kick them out to make room for others". They don't directly affect the story. You never set up a type of base camp either (like the Atlanta camp in season 1 of the show), you are always driving around. All your time is spent creeping around the dead looking for supplies, and literally no time to relax and wind down. If you played the Telltale Game, remember in episode 2 when they were just chilling at the motor in, and it was mostly peaceful? A camp would be an excellent place to send people off on runs, it would have seemed a bit more realistic. Had Activision not rushed Terminal Reality, we probably would've gotten a really cool experience with survivors.

The story is cool, but it's really just you looking for your brother, the other survivors only affect it till you recruit them, and its really just you doing something for them.

All in all, this is a good game. Not great, but a decent zombie game. My issues in this game can hopefully be fixed with patches, and I think they should add a co-op mode, which would go well if you and your friend set up a camp. Hopefully Terminal Reality releases patches, but this game makes me excited to see if they could do better on a game, given the time.
  88. Mar 21, 2013
    I find myself these days scoring games higher, not because they are great games, but because they are trying. This is what it is, a mediocre game by all accounts. Unless you are a Walking Dead fan. The majority of this game is down to your own imagination. When I was a kid any Cowboy or War film came on I was upstairs getting all my gear together, by the time I had built my fort out of cushions the film was nearly over. If I was lucky I might take part in the final battle. I feel that way about this game. Loved the series and I loved the Telltale game. I was so geared up to play this game that it only had to tick two boxes to be appealing to me. Does it feel anything like you are part of the Walking Dead universe yes. Is it true to life with the zombie movement and reactions yes, and actually probably more so than many other games. Those were my requirements for this game. A lot of things could be better, graphics,UI design and story. Overall I would say fan of the Walking Dead buy the game and engage your imagination a little. Not a fan, don't go near it. If this was a standalone zombie game it would score 2 or 3. But because of the link to a franchise and because they do capture the overall essence of the TV show I score it higher. Expand
  89. Mar 21, 2013
    Ok, let's get one thing straight. This is not Telltale's Walking Dead nor did I expect it to be one, I expected this to be at least enjoyable zombie bashing game, but no. First of all the graphics. Good graphics don't make good game but c'mon! If I pay full retail price for a game I expect to have at least good graphics! This is XBLA quality and this belongs there if even deserving that. Then the enemies, or should I say enemy, the zombie. You basically kill this same zombie a million times over the course of the game, this slow moving, brainless zombie that just comes toward you. I didn't expect them to have stellar AI seeing as they obviously are zombies, but they could've at least thrown some human enemies there, like the comic book, tv show and even Telltale's game had. Human enemies make you see other side of the zombie apocalypse and what people are capable of if they need to survive. The show especially captivates this feeling perfectly. Combat itself is just boring, just boring and boring is the worst sin a game can make. It's not bad story and voice acting, bad gameplay, bad graphics or lots of bugs, those can make the game fun to play even though they're bad, there are lots of examples, but WD:SI is just boring. No game should be boring to play. I just don't understand how people can give this game positive reviews, probably because they don't know better and don't understand the point of Walking Dead, and this isn't Walking Dead. Outside of Daryll, nothing here says Walking Dead. No caring about the people you come into contact with, basically no feel of surviving and it just becomes annoying. People are saying stuff like "fans will love this." NO! Just no! If you're fan, you will stay the f**k away from this, WD franchise doesn't deserve this kind of treatment and fans should be the ones who criticize this game harshly to make developers understand that this kind of s**t is not ok, it's not ok to make bad games and piss in the eyes of fans of this franchise or any franchise. Say no if you're fan of WD, maybe then we could actually get another awesome game like Telltale's WD, or even game like Survival Instinct that ACTUALLY is good. But as long as you people keep giving bad games positive reviews and giving them the assumption that this kind of crap and mediocrity is ok, no. Just say no and make them give us actually good and worthwile games. Expand
  90. Mar 21, 2013
    Graphics are bad, but hey, i like zombies and i like the walking dead series. So for me this game is pretty good. And graphics doesen't matter so much.
  91. Mar 21, 2013
    I really enjoy this game! It's exactly what you want in a horror survival game. It's fun and to the point. This game is not for video game( gamerZzz") elitists, people that LARP or otherwise have no interpersonal social skills. It's a video game for the Everyman who want to slays some bodies.
  92. Mar 20, 2013
    the minute I heard this was from Activision, I knew this was gonna be bad. But then again, I could always be proven otherwise, could be fun like L4D2 which is mindless shooting and is still fun: spoiler, it isn't. don't grab this one
  93. Mar 20, 2013
    despite all the negative reviews from people expecting it to be a click and choice game like Telltale games The walking dead, this game is very good, yes the graphics aren't up to par but they arent bad either which is why i gave it a 9 instead of 10. People don't understand this is a Survival FPS game, and not a cinematic type of game which is probably what most of the negative reviewers were expecting. Expand
  94. Mar 20, 2013
    I personally enjoyed the stealth aspects of the game as well as the health system. While the game could use a little work, I think it was a good game overall.
  95. Mar 20, 2013
    Cabela's walking dead:

I mean, this game reminds me more of a cabala big game hunting game than a zombie game, I was excited when I heard you play as Daryl Dixon in the game but then I got my hands on it and was even more excited till I put it in my Xbox and all of a sudden you're put straight off the bat into a familiar scene, you walking with a big rifle with a scope on it but then
    you find out you're not Daryl to begin with but his father, eventually when you get to play Daryl you're thrown into a cabin of sorts and then thrust into the game where you have to escape through the back door and execute a zombie with your knife.

After that I found a hammer and said "AWWW YEAH!" and tried to execute another zombie thinking he'd use his hammer but he pulled out a knife instead. then you're greeted by a horn honking from a truck in front of you, alerting zombies and you're picking them off with a rifle but instead of picking them off I just chose to run to the truck and get in.

the game isn't the worst thing I've played but it's still pretty bad at points BUT for the price tag and a few laughs it's kind of worth it.
  96. Mar 20, 2013
    I have been playing the game for the past 4 hours, and been having a blast. But that does not make this game good. This game is awful. It is extremely fun, and implements a lot of cool features, but most of them are poorly executed. There are so many flaws to the game and they definitely outweigh the pros.
    Pros: Interesting features (inventory system, stamina, weapons, scrounging for ammo
    and food, finding new vehicles to support more group members at the cost of fuel, group members to get supplies for you while you're doing missions). It's a zombie game A Survival game (Sadly there aren't enough of these out there).
    Cons: Very stupid and boring story that just messes with the real storyline.
    Very repetitive gameplay/animations/characters (You're going to be seeing the same zombies and execution animations over and over again). Awful save system(I have had to restart a mission countless times because it didn't save). It's a Zombie Game Pointless group members(The risk of them dying is too high and when they do come back with items it is way too small).
    I personally have been enjoying the game. It is probably short and if my playthrough ends soon, I'll definitely go through it again for the relics. It is a fun game, but it is a bad game.
  97. Mar 20, 2013
    Firstly i started this because insulting jerks like Dagamerwitin who do not know a thing about game mechanic ,but about imagery of feces. .this game is clearly rushed to be a cash cow to take the money of fans. the other game is what should have been supported. i do believe the creators of "Star Wars Kinect" had put some real thought into this game ,but either did not have enough time to execute the game or did not have the skill. Expand
  98. Mar 20, 2013
    If you like the cabela's hunting games then you may like this game. They have similar quality levels. The game is not open world, the environments you do play in are small. I can count the types of loot available on one hand, and the loot that is available is place in obvious places like on tables and desks. The environments are populated by alot of static debris that you can not interact with such as empty food containers that look like they should be useable but aren't. The zombies do not drop any loot. The game literally spawns zombies on top of you...on purpose; you will have no zombies around you and once you interact with a quest item...splat 3 zombies right beside you. They even spawn zombies on you right after cut scenes that force you into quicktime events that can kill you if you fail. You can not manually save, and the automatic save points are far apart when you are spend 30 mins trying to be stealthy searching a build and then die. When you die the game reloads at your last automatic save, meaning any items you have picked up and zombies you have kill are respawned. The combat mechanic is a dead island knock off that is poorly executed. You have a knock back attack that does no damage but keeps 1 zombie from attacking you for 1 second, and you have a swing weapon attack. The weapons take three or 4 hits to the face to kill a zombie and depending on your weapon require you to use the knock-back attack between swings. If you get grabbed by a zombie you are put into a quick-time event where you cross-hairs are swaying back and forth on your screen and you have to target the head of the zombie to stab it; you can get grabbed by multiple zombies back to back and they form a queue on you like their trying to by hotdogs. There are no drivable vehicles, driving is done during the loading screens where you get to watch a red line move on a map...weeee. Weapons do not break. Weapons have a set amount of damage with no range on them, so it always takes the same amount of hits to kill a zombie. The Graphics are last generation quality....animations, environments, characters, etc. Expand
  99. Mar 20, 2013
    The game is terrible. Off the gate, the gameplay videos looked terrible. Booting up the game the UI is horrendous and really out dated. The game seems to have been outsourced to college students, but none of them did the work except that one kid that didnt want to get a F.
  100. Mar 20, 2013
    A mediocre game at best. Mundane and boring combat, awful textures and terrible jump-scares. This is a classic example of a rushed game trying to make as much money off a successful franchise as possible.
    The voice acting is rather bad and unrealistic and it's also rather bad.

However, that's not to say there isn't SOME good parts to this game, for example the whole survivor system
    where you can send them out to look for supplies is a rather good idea.

But in the end, this game only warrants a 5/10 from me, I honestly think there was some good ideas in this, and perhaps the developers didn't get enough time or resources to fully fulfil them.
  101. Mar 19, 2013
    I remember when a Dragon Age 2 developer hopped on here to shower praise on their half assed game. Seems alot like what's going on here. reviews that read like a promo cash in. So, show of hands...how many that scored it 10 are employed by Activision, AMC or Terminal Reality? Ya I figured.

1. May 28, 2013
    With the success of Telltale Games’s arcade game, there were high hopes for this full-fledged retail title. As it happens you would be best off saving your pennies for the already announced sequel to the arcade title as Survival Instinct will leave you with bitter feelings towards The Walking Dead series. Unless you are an absolute nutter for anything to do with The Walking Dead, your money will be best spent elsewhere.
  2. May 20, 2013
    It's as if the developer simply ceased to care, or ran out of time, or both. Who knows? What we do know is that Terminal Velocity has crafted something truly loathsome and undeserving of its heritage. [Issue#135, p.108]
  3. May 9, 2013
    Archaic design spoils good ideas in this shoddy squandering of one of the hottest licenses going. [June 2013, p.74]