7.8

1. Mar 23, 2014
    Story continues to be good with unexpected turns. The writers are clearly trying to lead you down one path but they know it is a dead end so you shouldn't believe everything you see.

The only issue I had with this episode is it is still really bad about loading (even in the middle of certain scenes). It's like they didn't even bother to optimize it.

Can't wait for the next episode.
  2. Feb 7, 2014
    Despite the 4 month wait and the season pass issue, telltale games doesn't fail to keep things interesting , episode 2 "smoke and mirrors" is less action oriented than its predecessor "faith" , but there are many twists and turns , and its very well put together , the end leaves you wanting more with its surprising twist , the game suffers from many lags and stutters , but that is expectedDespite the 4 month wait and the season pass issue, telltale games doesn't fail to keep things interesting , episode 2 "smoke and mirrors" is less action oriented than its predecessor "faith" , but there are many twists and turns , and its very well put together , the end leaves you wanting more with its surprising twist , the game suffers from many lags and stutters , but that is expected from telltale games , all in all this episode is a worthwhile purchase , if you can look past its very short 1 to maybe 2 hour length Expand
  3. Feb 7, 2014
    Great game. Dont mine few zeroes given just because season pass proplems first two days (and not relevant anymore). Sexond episode is again great addition to the great series. So far creating best interactive movie I eve played (shame on you Dacid Cage). Despite minimal gameplay and few technical glitches (framedrops) it will suck you in and not let you until you finish it in one sitting.Great game. Dont mine few zeroes given just because season pass proplems first two days (and not relevant anymore). Sexond episode is again great addition to the great series. So far creating best interactive movie I eve played (shame on you Dacid Cage). Despite minimal gameplay and few technical glitches (framedrops) it will suck you in and not let you until you finish it in one sitting. And then leaves you wanting more. Expand
  4. Feb 9, 2014
    stop b*tchin around. this is not a 0 out of 10 neither a 4. its well written has some nice new characters and character development in it. besides gamelength is no indicator for a good game. i think many short games are better then the longer ones
  5. Feb 26, 2014
    This review is going to be pretty short, but it will sum this chapter well, I promise.

Chapter 2 of this awesome series might not be incredibly outstanding, but for only 5$ I would say it is one of the best games of the year so far. What people tend to forget is that this is a series that isn't particularly supposed to be like a game, much more like a well made movie or Graphic Novel.

It isn't incredibly exciting, but it isn't supposed to be. I would easily recommend this, The Walking Dead, and episode one to anybody who eve slightly enjoys great dialog, characters, voice acting, and a really solid story.
  6. Feb 24, 2014
    Another great episode from the team from Telltale Games. Not as good as the first episode as I found it was lacking in action and overall length (I completed this episode in just over an hour as opposed to two hours for Episode 1). I also noticed a lot of drops in frame-rate during the cut scenes which, whilst it certainly didn't ruin the game, is certainly annoying and interrupted myAnother great episode from the team from Telltale Games. Not as good as the first episode as I found it was lacking in action and overall length (I completed this episode in just over an hour as opposed to two hours for Episode 1). I also noticed a lot of drops in frame-rate during the cut scenes which, whilst it certainly didn't ruin the game, is certainly annoying and interrupted my immersion. Nevertheless I am still thoroughly enjoying the story, setting and characters. Here's hoping that we won't have too wait much longer for Episode 3! Expand

1. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Mar 30, 2014
    Visually stunning and audibly impressive, but we are starting to take serious issue with the numerous technical faults found in every Telltale game. [Issue#109, p.80]
  2. Mar 24, 2014
    Although it may not sound like high praise to say that The Wolf Among Us: Smoke & Mirrors is holding steady with the status quo, it's so stylish and enjoyable that I'm quite content to get more of the same.
    As a stand alone game it doesn't quite work, but with so many diverse characters with their own motives at play, they do make for a fascinating lot. I am really looking forward to seeing what Episode 3 has to offer.