7.4

1. Aug 21, 2013
    I hadn't been into the series in a while but, man, this game. It's like they cared. Like they made it for people like me. Forget COD run and gun jocks barking into your ear, Blacklist requires thought if you want to be elite. Favorite game of this year easily.
  2. Aug 20, 2013
    Takes all of the great aspects of Conviction++ and expands on them in a sequel that (as if it were possible) blows the previous entries out of the water. Long time fans may find the pacing and continued use of "Marks" as sacrificial to the true Splinter Cell stealth aspect, but will be won over nevertheless by this entry's entertainment value and solid replayability.

Coop? Hellz yeah,
    Blacklist maintains the franchise solid cooperative gameplay, and not just a rip-off "Arena Mode". Expand
  3. Aug 21, 2013
    i think i liked conviction at first but then it got old very fast. this game on the other hand takes the good parts of it and the best parts of chaos theory, and places them into a more complex plotline and more intricate gameplay. the mercs are more strapped and spies more stealthy. i've some folks are having some glitch problems but my copy is 100% glitch free so i'm not sure what's up with that. outstanding game overall. Expand
  4. Aug 22, 2013
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist caters to both fans of Conviction and fans of the original formula embedded in Chaos Theory. With adaptive gameplay that allows the player to approach the scenario they see fit, Blacklist includes a solid singleplayer component with a compelling story, and an addictive co-op scenario.

Negatives out of the way first:
    - Graphics do the job, but considering most
    Splinter Cell's have a reputation for polished visuals that push the console to its limitations, Blacklist comes off as lucklustre.
    - No Michael Ironside. Ubisoft should have taken this opportunity to explore a new Splinter Cell as opposed to continuing Fisher's story (who now looks like he's aging backwards)

The positives:
    - Gameplay Fans of Chaos Theory can ghost the whole campaign, while fans of Conviction can go in panther like. Fans of COD (who should be playing COD and not this amazing game), can take the option of Assault
    -Campaign It's not mindblowing, but it keeps you hooked
    Multiplayer Addictive and well implemented.

Buy this game if you were a fan of previous Splinter Cell games. If you're yet to try one yet, this is the perfect one to start.
  5. Aug 24, 2013
    This is the best splintercell since chaos theory. Despite some controll issues like swapping guns instead of picking up a body this game is great. Ok graphics not great but im most excited to see stealth return. Conviction didnt feel like a splintercell game at all bit this game fixed alot of that
  6. Aug 22, 2013
    In the Splinter Cell universe this game holds its own. I includes all you would want in a Splinter Cell game and then some. RPG elements like upgrading your plane to the amount of customization keep you wanting to rake in the cash. From the vast amounts of weapons and gadgets to the ability to pick the way you want to play; be it stealthy or guns blazing they did a good job on this one.
    At first not hearing Sam's original voice was a little odd but gradually went away. The graphics with the HD install were ok. The controls are tight and responsive although there are a few hang-ups with movement and physics.
    The co-op missions are a lot of fun and provide plenty of replayability with or without someone playing along side you. The 'Defend your position' levels were the most fun with you being able to use a mix of aggressive or stealth gameplay and not be penalized for it.
    A game worth a lot of your time and effort!
  7. Aug 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Aweeeeeesssssoooooooooomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

**** GAMEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  8. Aug 21, 2013
    I have just created an account to express my personal review about this game. I don't care about the negative reviews but as far i am played, this is best splinter cell out there.I am not a die hard splinter cell fan, but this game have the ability to attract all type of gamers to it like "ghost" :panther" and "assault". i played this game for almost 5 hours. Game play is amazing, story is bit a crap but game play does manage to overcome its consequences. i didn't played co-op or spies vs merc, but if u like the compaign this is definitely for you... Expand
  9. Aug 25, 2013
    Being all of what Conviction was, but combined with Chaos Theory you get the newest addition to the Splinter Cell family, Blacklist. Blacklist is stealth action 3rd person shooter as all Splinter Cell games have been. But despite the lackluster performance of Conviction, some of the mechanics return, but it's intertwined with some mechanics of Chaos Theory. As stealth is quick like Conviction, but noise and speed is generated like Chaos Theory and Double Agent.

America is under attack from a terrorist group called, The Engineers. Who demand America bring all it's troops home or attacks against the government and it's civilians persist, and get even more dangerous. Sam Fisher gets caught in the start of it and after his best friend gets injured and innocent soldiers get murdered makes it his duty to stop The Engineers. Sam is given a giant plane called. The Paladin, that acts like a mobile base that you can roam in between missions to talk to characters and collect secret collectibles. You can access different missions that characters give you that adds more to the story and character backstory. The story is intense and gets you involved in many different environments.

The game looks good on consoles, and acts very fluently. You get tons of multiplayer options, as Spies vs. Mercs makes a return both in Blacklist and classic Double Agent fashion. Worth to pick up and play for hours.
  10. Sep 17, 2013
    Splinter Cell Blacklist, Ubisoft's next installment in the Splinter Cell franchise takes it further than any of it's predecessors. The game includes a good single player campaign with a nice variety of side missions which can be done in both Solo and Coop, a few separate missions requiring two players to initiate and last but not least the addicting Spies Vs. Mercs multiplayer mode. The Single player and Coop is enjoyable for a larger audience this time around, as players are now able to either play "Assault" and run and gun everyone in the mission or play "Panther", killing all hostiles in a stealthy manner without alerting anyone. The hardcore fans can play by Sam's rules and "Ghost" meaning that they sneak through the entire mission without taking down unnecessary hostiles and leave absolutely no trail behind. Additionally, the single player and Coop now feature a point system which rewards players based on their play style and the players can purchase upgrades for both multiplayer and single player modes.

Splinter Cell Blacklist also features a new difficulty level called "Perfectionist Difficulty" which basically disables all the various assists you normally have such as the thermal vision see-through ability and the "Mark & Execute" ability making the game much more of a challenge and making stealth the key to success. However those are not the only differences, the A.I also becomes much more realistic spotting you easier than it did on lower difficulties while doing so legitimately. The different NPC Archytypes added to the game in general add a lot more depth to the game, forcing you to change tactics and adapt to the circumstances. For example we now have an engineer NPC which uses recon robots to scan the area for hostiles while disabling your thermal vision with his jammer backpack. Another example of the new NPCs is the armored guard. These guards wear bomb defusing suits and bulletproof vests making them much more difficult to take down compared to the average hostile, forcing you to change your approach on the go.

The multiplayer mode is very well done, consisting 6 different modes including a separate playlist for the hardcore fans called "SVM Classic". No matter which class you choose you never feel overpowered as each class has benefits and disadvantages making them balanced and interesting at the same time. Each class has different and numerous upgrades and equipment available to them allowing the player to improve their character according to their play style. For example the Mercs have upgrades like jammer, armor and etc. and heavy machine guns while the Spies have upgrades such as gadget belts, proximity jammers, various goggles and etc.

Like every game we know of, Splinter Cell Blacklist is much more fun when you have a buddy along for the ride. While the game doesn't require you to have a coop partner for 80% of the side missions it still rewards you for playing with a mate by offering quite a few different opportunities only available through cooperative gameplay such as dual executing and dual breach which add another dimension to the levels.

I've waited for the game for three years and it has been completely worth it as the game has much to offer to both multiplayer and single player fans considering that it is also very polished and bug- free contrary to most of Ubisoft's releases. The only reason I don't give this game a 10/10 is that the plot scenario and ending could have been more interesting and although the new voice actor is good he doesn't do Sam justice like Micheal Ironside did in the previous installments.
  11. Oct 30, 2013
    The latest representation of Splinter Cell is excellent. Compelling game-play with good mechanics. If you can look past the fact that Michael Ironside does not voice Sam Fisher, you will thoroughly enjoy this game.
  12. Nov 6, 2013
    Its so fun to play Spies versus mercenaries, sure happy they brought it back. The single player is a blast and coop is still just as fun as Conviction's. Definitely a must play.
  13. Aug 26, 2013
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist is a class act that gets pretty much everything right. It looks slick, plays beautifully and boasts more than enough options to encourage repeat visits to its missions and multiplayer modes. The deepest and most engaging Splinter Cell. Chaos Theory remains the high watermark for many, but Splinter Cell: Blacklist feels like a real return to form for Sam Fisher, Welcome back, Mr. Fisher. Expand
  14. Aug 26, 2013
    I like to keep my reviews here pretty short and to the point. No spoilers. No great detail. Others are better at that sort of thing... but here is my two cents.

I've been a fan of this series since the first one. The only one I've never finished was Splinter Cell Double Agent (I kept running into audio bugs that caused the sound to cut out completely on the mission in which you had to
    infiltrate a ship... I found it impossible to do without audio. And so I eventually gave up when I could not find a fix), and I've really enjoyed how the series has evolved. My two favorite games in the series are Chaos Theory, for being one of the best stealth games I'd ever played... and Conviction, which changed things up a bit, focusing on you being "the panther"... a bad ass, Jack Bauer type who, while still using the shadows to his advantage, was more aggressive and lethal than in past games. Two very different takes on the same character/series... but to me, the were the best. And with that in mind, this is where Blacklist really succeeds for me. The developers have taken the core of Chaos Theory (widely regarded as the best game in the series), but mixed in elements from Conviction, ultimately creating a game that feels like the best of both worlds. You are scored in each mission along three skill types, the stealthy Ghost (non lethal, avoid detection, avoid confrontation), the Panther (which seems to combine Conviction's more action oriented play style with a focus on keeping in the shadows... you can still be stealthy, but as a "panther", you can take down your prey with lethal moves) and the all out action of Assault (which forgoes stealth for straight forward aggression). The game provides a wide array of tools, many of which work to support one of the three play styles (for the Ghost you have noise makers, stun guns, sleep grenades..., the Panther would use tear gas, electrocution grenades or mines, silenced weapons and for when things get crazy, you have shotguns, frag grenades, sniper rifles and more). There are some items that are useful across play styles, like a remote control drone you can control... and you can also unlock various stat changing suits, goggles and other such gear. The game really seems to want you to play it your way. And that is what I really like about it. The developers knew some people want Splinter Cell to be about stealth. Others liked the faster, more lethal antics of Conviction... and others still may prefer action games like Call of Duty... and this game provides something to love for fans of all of the above! And you can go back and replay each mission to try and get the high score for each play style if you really want to see all the game has to offer.

The game offers a wide variety of missions that can be played solo, with a co-op partner or if you like online multiplayer, Spys vs Mercs returns from Chaos Theory, offering a strong mix of game types to sample. I've not had much time to spend with the Spys Vs Mercs element this time around, but word has been positive about it.

Overall, this is s Splinter Cell game that feels like it has something for everyone. Unless you are a fan of actor Michael Ironside. They decided to replace him as the voice of Sam Fisher (must be something in the water, as David Hayter is also being replaced by Kiefer Sutherland as the voice of Snake in the Metal Gear Solid series with MGS V). I was sad to hear this. Ironside has done a great job bringing this character to life over the course of the series. And while the replacement is alright, I still find myself missing Ironside's grizzly voice. Maybe I'll get over it eventually. But it is a bit jarring for long time fans.

Lastly, the game can be tough. Especially if you are trying to stick to one play style. But there are multiple difficulty levels available for when things need adjusting. I ended up beating Conviction three times, once for each difficulty level... I doubt I will do that with this game. It is a lot tougher. But there is also a lot more game here as well. I'll be playing Blacklist for some time.
  15. Aug 27, 2013
    I wouldn't say it's the "best" or "most ambitious" Splinter Cell game ever released. But I would say that compared to Conviction the best Splinter Cell game for sure this title is highly comparable and definitely builds off of the strengths of CT. The spies vs mercs component is very strong, with perks that the original CT could not have had given the limits of the console back then. The production is out of this world graphics, sound, gameplay, controls. The only reason I can't give it a 10/10 is that the game is unoriginal in the general sense of a new game. Any FPS gamer who misses out on this is missing out on what CT should/could have been, had it been created with the new technologies and smart developers we have now. Expand
  16. Aug 21, 2013
    I am already completely hooked on SvM and can't decide which I like playing as more. The graphics and controls are so smooth I feel I'm physically inside the game when I have the lights out on my big screen. It's too bad they didn't put it out on PS4 but I'll be waiting for The Division when that comes out too.
  17. Nov 7, 2013
    It is irrational that Conviction is better rated. Blacklist still uses the lead engine what makes it feel different from the older games but Ubisoft did its best to deliver the good old Gameplay possibilities and I think they did a good Job.
  18. Sep 6, 2013
    Better than Hitman Absolution; great stealth with open maps, room for improvisation and solid action sequences. Graphics and music do not impress but gameplay is king.
  19. Dec 6, 2013
    A truly great game. Improves the style of gameplay introduced by SC:C.

The game offers loads of single, coop and multiplayer content. The Stealth is a brand of fast paced quick movement stealth, not much like the earlier games, however it is a nice evolution of the gameplay and still feels plausible. You can even play the game gun blazing style, if you are very good.

Co-op missions
    are super fun, best gamepaly experience of this year, nothing more to say.

SvM is also great for a multiplayer mode.

Graphics are good in terms of detail and textures, but not so much in lighting. Game still looks good though.

Totally worth your money.
  20. Aug 25, 2013
    Just beat this on Perfectionist/No Kills/Ghost Mastery and I gotta say, this is my favourite splinter cell game. The only other splinter cell games I have BEATEN are Double Agent and Conviction, and although I loved Double Agent, Conviction was just okay to me. This game is so COMPLETE, with the coop missions, multiple approaches to campaign missions (which is lengthy enough) and an amazing online component, that this comes highly recommended to ANYONE with even the slightest interest. 9/10 Expand
  21. Aug 25, 2013
    Silently, full assault or mix your call there are so many ways to approach. Sam Fisher has lots of tools and ways to deal with his unlucky enemies or simply leave them untouched. campaign missions are awesome the story not so much, plenty of coop missions 14 I think and they are not short but not 2 long.
    online has lots of stuff to do as well all though not all the modes are required,
    but classic spies vs mercs and new one are really good and tdm is not bad. Paladins command bridge is awesome really easy and fun way to launch missions whatever its solo/coop or online. The upgrade system is very good as well so much customization from gadgets to armor weapons really good job Leaderboards to chase and achievements to unlock. this is from person who has spent 30 hours in the game and still loving it. Expand
  22. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Concept: Redefine Sam Fisher as a more emphatic hero than ever before, bring out his even wilder side, and give him plenty of leeway and fire power- he'll get the job done.

Graphics: Definitely some of the best graphics I've seen all generation, especially on consoles. It ranks up there with other Ubisoft titles such as Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed III, as well as with the console versions of the Crysis games.

Sound: Sam's voice might be a little different, but that doesn't stop the new voice overs from being just as moving, powerful, and downright terrifying at times as before.

Playability: It may not be one giant sandbox, but there are always alternative ways to get the job done, and with the hefty arsenal at your disposal, I'd venture to say that you could play through the game three different ways and still not see the hind side of the end of the possibilities for an awesome experience.

Entertainment: Again, as with any great game, it has its ups and downs at times, although definitely more ups than the latter. Overall however, it is one high octane fueled adventure, and one I'd certainly never want to miss.

Replay Value: Very High.

Overall Score: 9.25
  23. Sep 2, 2013
    Splinter Cell at it's finest. Graphics are a high standard, good controls and game modes.
    The daily/weekly challenges give you some good competition amongst friends and there are co-op missions which can easily add an hour to your gameplay through your failings of being spotted and killed.
    Spies vs Mercs make a return and is good fun multiplayer mayhem where the Spies have to hack
    terminals while the mercs have to defend those terminals.
    The Story missions are pretty cool too and make you want to try and complete them in all ways possible, Stealth or brute force and in various difficulties.
    The Xbox version comes on two discs, one being a HD content pack to make it look as good as possible.
    Definitely worth a play and I feel you get a lot for your money as a game goes.
  24. Sep 20, 2013
    YOU WONT FEEL CHEATED OUT OF $60 DOLLARS!!!! This is the best game in the splinter cell series since the original xbox. Double agent being ok. But you actually feel like Your playing a stealth action game not some run and gun third person shooter like the last entry in this series. Great Game
  25. Aug 24, 2013
    The game had made a major improvement in graphics to be honest..The gameplay is good. There a few new features new gadgets and etc)... Nothing more to tell..anyways ..Great Game..
  26. Dec 16, 2013
    Splinter cell blacklist is a great game with very little errors from making it perfect. First of all i am a huge splinter cell fan and this really impressed me (yes Michael Ironside is gone but that wont effect my review). The story is basic, a group of terrorists called the engineers initiate the blacklist a set if escalating attacks on the US but there's a twist if the government was to pull out the US forces from all countries round the world it will stop. Its a basic story but it works very well and i really wanted to learn more about the villain and what happens next throughout. The gameplay is excellent mixing some classic chaos theory with the conviction movement and the result is perfect, this whole new idea gives the player the freedom on how to play. Lethal or non-lethal and take out everyone or kill/knock out as little as possible, this caused me to play the campaign multiple times with its smart level design. Expand
  27. Aug 27, 2013
    Beside I'm somehow missing old voice of Sam. This game is somehow the best. I love scenario and maps created both for single and multiplayer. And this is really first game where i can choose how to play. I played Chaos Theory a long time and there maybe you had a weapon enhancement like shotgun or sniper. But those were not available to use. What we get here, we have A LOT of modifications, A LOT of weapons and what is more you can use them with sense.

Thanks Ubi for:
    • great possibility to play different styles
    • great cooperative
    • great customization
    • paladin

In the future there should be something like perfect ghost?
    ghost schould be counted for every doors/lights left in different state than it should be

I always loved Spliner Cell
    And after somehow dissapointed after Conviction (only technically because Conviction had the best story of all splinter cells until now) i'm proud of that game.

I just completed this game of course on perfectionist level
  28. Sep 4, 2013
    This game is very good, It's reverting back to the old style of the games, it's a lot harder and better than Conviction. It's AI Is actually really well done, and the game is a lot more realistic. It has a lot of playing time even after the main single player. In saying the positives, the game has some bugs, but other than that, I would really encourage you to buy it. THE STORY IS PRETTY AWESOME.
  29. Oct 15, 2013
    You can tell that Ubisoft really listens to their fanbase. Splinter Cell: Conviction took the tried-and-true formula and attempted to breathe new life into it. Some found it to be a successful revitalization which provided a much needed boost in action. On the other hand fans of the series slow, methodical play style thought this new style was more reminiscent of if sam fisher had a edgy brother who was in the special forces, took his coffee black, smoked marb reds, and had a mustache. Not saying that it was a bad game by any means, I personally loved it. It just strayed away from the fundamentals that drew its fan base in the first place. However, I give my props to Ubisoft because they took their experience and meshed it with the outcries from their fans, and you can see that in every aspect of the game. They answered the cries for the return of spies vs mercs. They intelligently left in the mark and execute function for the fans of conviction, but toned it down a notch by only allowing three targets instead of the 5 or so conviction allowed. And finally they added in a money and customization system that rewards users who play the game with accuracy and patience. The only gripe I have is the fact that they wernt able to get the same actor for sam fisher. In conviction he sounded like he was an old timer in his mid 40's whos every word was weaved with the psychological toll brought on by 20 years of conspiracy and murder. This new guy just isnt the same, thankfully hes not bad though. The character looks younger too, throws you off for a little bit. The entire idea is made easier by the superb voice actors, just from the conversations in the cutscenes you are able to piece together each persons personality. All in all a great game, and the best stealth game to come out in recent years. Sorry Agent 47, no hard feelings right? Expand
  30. Oct 26, 2013
    I love this game, it was really good. The only disappointing thing was the Spies vs. Mercs, but that was still epic and fun just it doesn't feel like it used to. Oh and yes Sam's new voice is annoying!
  31. Oct 14, 2013
    Best Stealth Game Ever!! i didn't think that they could improve on Conviction but oh they did, yes it is a new younger voice behind Sam Fisher but that's not a bad thing the voice acting is done incredibly well and yeah it did take me a mission or two to get used to the new voice but it is great, the game looks amazing a lot of detail gone into the level design giving you multiple ways of executing your task, this game is the Splinter Cell equivalent of Jame Bond Skyfall it is that good, all of the upgrades/customization options are good from the HQ to the suits and the HQ plane is awesome, the controls where great for the game made it simple to play through, not a huge fan of not being able to control the interrogations like in Conviction and how when your are in full cover the lights on your gear lit up rather than having the black and white effect from Conviction, i like how a lot of the game is very open making it easier to get spotted meaning you have to be smart about moving around and how you had three ways of playing the game Assault where you just go through and kill everyone, my personal favorite Panther where you stick to stealth and silently take out your enemies or Ghost where you kill no one and go through the game undetected Expand
  32. Oct 29, 2013
    This is one of my favourite games. Trust my review as I know what I'm talking about, being formerly ranked #1 All Time World Wide on Game Battles and G2W Match for SCC and SCB.

Blacklist is a brilliant game, unlike Conviction which didn't have alot of stealth, this definitely does. Map design is amazing, you have multiple ways to attack the situation instead of one. It doesn't force you
    to do anything, there are three different play styles so Blacklist can be played the way you want.

Ghost The old games would've used this style, pure stealth which means avoiding enemies, and leaving no evidence that you was there. If you must, then you can use non lethal takedowns or non lethal gadgets to knock enemies out. Although you might want to hide the body.

Panther Remember the enemies are planning to kill you if they find you, so why do they deserve to live? this style still has stealth, except you'll be silently killing people. Whether it be with your Karambit curved blade for lethal takedowns or shooting them in the head with a silenced hand gun.

Assault Loud guns, grenades, the enemies know you're there. I don't see the point in this style, if you want to play this way I suggest buying Call of Duty.

Timing and studying the guard's movements and patrols is involved, every time you start a new mission they won't be placed in the same spots. Stealth is harder than going all out action, but it can be easier if you're very good at it. You must face all different kinds of enemies such as standard, dogs, heavies, tech, etc. which means you're always thinking of what is coming next, and how you're going to plan it out.

The reason it didn't get a ten is because I think Conviction is what Blacklist should have been. That means what I'd be reviewing now would be a completely different game.

Co-Op is the best mode by far, playing with a friend is the greatest thing to do on Blacklist, you'll be tackling all different types of missions.

Grim Go in and hack 3 different laptops, and then get out of there. This is similar to Infiltration mode from Conviction, so lasers, cameras and mines will be in your way so I recommend Ghost style.

Kobin You face 11 enemies, how you take them is up to you. Kill or knockout, if you go loud then you get 13 reinforcements and lose your undetected bonus. It also should be noted there's two different areas. This is similar to Hunter mode from Conviction so I recommend Panther style.

Charlie This is similar to Last Stand mode from Conviction except you'll be defending yourselves from enemies, instead of an EMP Generator. Waves of guards and all types of enemies will be coming for you. But the way they're set up I recommend Assault style, it is possible for stealth though.

Briggs He is your Co-Op partner, it should be told all Co-Op missions can be played solo, except for his. They must be played with a partner, they're a mix between all styles.

Spies vs Mercs is the multiplayer mode, it's basically Splinter Cell vs Call of Duty.

3 terminals need hacking, by the spies which are in third person, and they're defended by mercenaries which ar in first person. The mercs have guns and explosives. Unlike spies which are not as lethal an need to tactically think in order to get close to the merc.
  33. Nov 6, 2013

Coop? Hellz yea
  34. Jan 30, 2014
    I have only come around to playing this addition splinter and if there is anyone new like me this review may come helpful. And let me put it right out there, this game is really good and out of the entire game I encountered only two issues that got on my nerve, and let me address the elephants in the room right off the start. The graphics and especially facial animation arent very good. And in spies vs mercs blacklist I feel is more 3rd person shooter rather than the suspense of the classic.

Now to the good part.... well thats pretty much everything else. Lets make a comparison Splinter cell BL vs call of duty ghosts one is a challenge and requires mind power to overcome and the other an ape to shoot up with precision. Dont get me wrong im an avid call of duty player but I love the change of things that splinter cell challenges me in every way. Something im not used to in the brain dead call of duty franchise.

Here is an open territory there is 15 guards how do you deal with this.... in whichever way you want! Thats the beauty of it and I like to take it on personally like in my pandora tomorrow or chaos theory days like a badass wiping every enemy out and later when the inspector comes along no one even knew I was there and the only evidence is a trail of bodies from last night. Yes this game is rewarding personally and customizably. I have owned every splinter cell game and I have never been dissapointed, and once again ubisoft drags me in from the corners just like sam fisher would.

Besides a lack of beautiful graphics its all balanced and a game that can really be enjoyed by everyone...
    Then the spies vs mercs came along...

Wow is it intense! late at night I slip on my pair of turtle beach and head onto the classic servers. As merc I wonder around protecting my intel with only a torch to see in the very dark maps. This is what is special the racing of your heart knowing there could be two spies right behind without you even knowing it. And with a good headset you hear the footsteps upon the tin roof, quickly turning your flashlight towards the position only finding nothing. Genuine intense stuff!! Then you a spy and boy do you then feel the power looking at mercs from the rooftop as they walk round nervously. Im hunting my pray and then steal the intel. Hack into the system you hide. And thats when the pressure is on because the mercs are anxious and out to rid of your sneaky ways because if they dont they fail. Its hardcore being in dark spot only seeing the flashlight pass you, your heart beating thinking 'please dont find me' to me all in all those thrills make evrything good about the multiplayer or lets be honest it would just be average.

So why do I give it a 9?
    Rewarding in every aspect
    Take it on however you want
    Be a badass
    Spies vs mercs classic

Why is it not a 10
    lackluster graphics
    Spies vs mercs blacklist.

Appreciate any feedback from this review.
    Happy hunting Sam and Briggs
  35. Jan 21, 2014
    As a fan that has played all but one of the games in the Splinter Cell series, I will admit I was a little worried about Blacklist. However, this game brings a lot of content to the table and is a great breath of fresh air for the series. Even without Micheal Ironside playing as the voice of Fisher this game does not dissapoint with its ability to openly play down either stealth or action archetypes. A must play for any Sam Fisher fan. Expand
  36. May 14, 2014
    I've been playing all splinter cell franchise except for conviction that I didn't have any interest to play it cuz it looks kinda boring, the first one was good like it had to be, pandora tomorrow was just great mainly because of the Jerusalem chapter that I just loved, chaos theory was the **** and by far the best game in the hole franchise, just play it and u know what I'm talkin about , double agent was ok depite the boring missions, blacklist was very very good IMO cause was the first one to have a decent graphic and a good history like a hollywood action movie, thus it has a lot of gadgets to Sam use in the hole game, some of the Sam's knocks out is cool like when he grabs the enemy and smashes the guy's head against the floor and say "shhh" , I loved the trirrotor and the dogs stuff , the only bad thing I thought about blacklist was it had no real stealth in it like in chaos thery for example, it was more action then stealth, but still a badass game but it could be a lot better ! Expand
  37. Jul 24, 2014
    I've been playing splinter cell games since they came out. I remember playing co-op mode with my dad as a little kid on chaos theory. It's not the same game it used to be, but it is still amazing. It's way better than cod or battlefield. As a multiplayer experience not so much, but it reminds players of a time before multiplayer gaming. It takes actual thought and skill, and sometimes patience. It's a great game overall and i can't wait to get the next one. Expand
  38. Aug 13, 2014
    An amalgam of the best aspects of previous Splinter Cell outings, Blacklist is a fine example of a great stealth game. It thinks critically of what the previous games accomplished and combines them in a great single player, coop, and multiplayer game. I've been playing this one quite a bit in the past year and it still hasn't gotten old. easily one of the best entries in the series.

1. Sep 23, 2013
    Most will likely find it a fairly inoffensive time-consumer. But it is a new low for the series. [Issue#139, p.90]
  2. Sep 18, 2013
    Meaty chunks of great stealth game book-ended by identity breaking flourishes. [Nov 2013, p.56]
  3. Sep 17, 2013
    The design mantra, it would appear, is to offer you as much freedom as possible. [Issue#102, p.70]