• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Apr 13, 2010
  • Also On: PC
7.7

1. May 28, 2012
    Game was okay. Wasn't that fun.
  2. Jun 12, 2013
    All Splinter Cell games were horrible except Pandora Tomorrow. Pandora Tomorrow was very good, but it was too difficult and everything were green, and I didn't like it. What I like about Conviction is graphics, characters, colorful colors, steal, silencer. But I hated the the pinpoints, and Fisher can grab and throw a guy by one arm from the window, shooting enemies by guns, very unrealistic.
  3. Jun 8, 2013
    Sam Fisher is a total bad*** in this game! No rules, no gadgets, no mercy, what an awesome guy! Though its not the same Splinter Cell we know, which is what the fans are complaining about, it'll definitely catch their eyes!
  4. May 27, 2013
    I really love the Splinter Cell games. and after playing through Conviction multiple times, I can say this is my favorite Splinter Cell game. The story is very well written. I found myself wanting to find out more as the story progressed, and I felt bad for Sam Fisher in emotional moments. the gameplay is as great as always, but some changes to it I'm not a big fan of that much. the wayI really love the Splinter Cell games. and after playing through Conviction multiple times, I can say this is my favorite Splinter Cell game. The story is very well written. I found myself wanting to find out more as the story progressed, and I felt bad for Sam Fisher in emotional moments. the gameplay is as great as always, but some changes to it I'm not a big fan of that much. the way you can now move around stealthily is when the screen turns black and white. no sound meter, no HUD, just staying in darkness makes you mostly invisible. I don't see why they abandoned things like the goggles and sound meters, but this change for the game is ok at best. The game controls very nicely; possible one of the best games I've controlled. the soundtrack is pretty good. some tunes are pretty catchy, but nothing stands out, making the soundtrack very forgettable. the graphics are among the best I've seen in a video game. the character models look very impressive, and environments in the game look beautiful. the voice acting in the game is great. all the actors do excellent as usual in this game, and even some new ones do their performances very well, giving this game excellent presentation. there is also co-op in this game, but honestly, I didn't bother as much with this. the co-op is very chaotic at times, since you have to help each other, and it gets more chaotic when split screen is enabled. Overall, Splinter Cell: Conviction is a great stealth game. the story is among the best I've seen, the gameplay, while kind of a downgrade, is still tons of fun, and the presentation of the game is excellent. Expand
  5. Aug 24, 2013
    Splinter Cell Conviction is one of the best stealth games to date. Rather than have players bored waiting and using clunky controls; Conviction uses speed and smooth controls. With a story mode that isn't stretched out and has a much more brutal Sam Fisher; the campaign is paced well and even lets the regular action crowd go Gears of War style sometimes. The campaign relies on smartSplinter Cell Conviction is one of the best stealth games to date. Rather than have players bored waiting and using clunky controls; Conviction uses speed and smooth controls. With a story mode that isn't stretched out and has a much more brutal Sam Fisher; the campaign is paced well and even lets the regular action crowd go Gears of War style sometimes. The campaign relies on smart tactics and sharp reflexes-super addictive. There are also coop modes-campaign, elimination, defence and even versus modes for more gameplay. The story is fun and interesting, gameplay is fast and intelligent and there are plenty of hours to play. One final note is the light meter and cover system; the light meter is simple-when you are invisible; the screen goes black at white. And the cover system has you smoothly and precisely move from cover to cover, without getting stuck. Action and Stealth fans-this is a must own. Expand
  6. AndrewO
    Apr 16, 2010
    As a hardcore fan of the series I was skeptical but this is a fun step in a new direction. You feel more lethal, but if you screw up, you die real quick, which is a nice balance. The presentation is very slick, with the story unfolding in an engaging, mysterious fashion. What little multiplayer I've played is a lot of fun, and I can see myself playing it a lot.
  7. Jul 21, 2012
    Consisting of perhaps the greatest cover-system in gaming, and the best graphics I've seen on the 360 to date - with a solid frame-rate to boot. Splinter Cell Conviction takes a major leap forward with this proper next-gen revision. Ubisoft finally found a perfect Checkpoint balance, and gameplay pace. The level design got a bit repetitive, but looked visually appealing. The character areConsisting of perhaps the greatest cover-system in gaming, and the best graphics I've seen on the 360 to date - with a solid frame-rate to boot. Splinter Cell Conviction takes a major leap forward with this proper next-gen revision. Ubisoft finally found a perfect Checkpoint balance, and gameplay pace. The level design got a bit repetitive, but looked visually appealing. The character are more relatable and the narrative is better than ever - even the animations all look wonderful. Though the game does become too action-oriented for my taste at times, it certainly sets the standard for sequels to come, being a great new start for the franchise. Ubisoft did well on betting on the Unreal engine with their brand new vision, and in my opinion this was a franchise that needed a change, which certain people may not agree with - though personally they checked all the boxes for me, so I can't really complain. Expand
  8. Nov 4, 2012
    Decided to play this to get in the mood for the 2013 re-re-boot. While not as good as the Big 3 Splinter Cell games for the Xbox it's a vast improvement over Double Agent for the 360. The move away from stealth is lamentable but not a deal breaker because blending sneaky stealth gameplay with Uncharted-esq 3rd person shooting is enjoyable. So much so that I am able to forgive Sam for hisDecided to play this to get in the mood for the 2013 re-re-boot. While not as good as the Big 3 Splinter Cell games for the Xbox it's a vast improvement over Double Agent for the 360. The move away from stealth is lamentable but not a deal breaker because blending sneaky stealth gameplay with Uncharted-esq 3rd person shooting is enjoyable. So much so that I am able to forgive Sam for his sojourn into Bro-dom. That this is the last we'll ever see from Michael Ironside Sam I have to commend this series for ending Sam's tale on a decent note. Expand
  9. Apr 16, 2013
    Note: the review is only based on 1 playthrough of the campaign on normal difficulty.

Admittedly, this is my first SC game. I had heard great things about the series and for whatever reason, I felt as though as I was missing something throughout. I know I'm jumping mid-way through a giant story based off multiple games but all in all, my experience felt "choppy". While it took some

While it took some getting used to, I found the controls to be somewhat clunky and not as fluid as they should be for a game where diving for cover is prevalent. Perhaps it is because I have been playing more recent games and these but darting out of the line of site was tough and "full stealth" while possible seem extremely difficult to do correctly.

Later in the game, I decided to forgo stealth altogether and was able to just end up sniping/killing everyone in my path, more or less.

The story is decent, the level design is pretty good but (and perhaps this is me, as this is my first SC game), I'd like to jump in and out of the way and as ninja as possible.
  10. Jun 13, 2012
    This new installment to the splinter cell series has its ups and downs. With an amazing story line this game will have you sitting on the edge of your seats in excitement and suspense. But some of this does come at the toll of poor voice acting and annoying one-liners. The multiplayer is also different from your standard death matches and makes it more of a spy against spy situation whichThis new installment to the splinter cell series has its ups and downs. With an amazing story line this game will have you sitting on the edge of your seats in excitement and suspense. But some of this does come at the toll of poor voice acting and annoying one-liners. The multiplayer is also different from your standard death matches and makes it more of a spy against spy situation which can also be fun at times (emphases on the can). Another flaw is its cover system which can sometimes leave players stranded in high octane combat scenes and leave them frushstrated with the countless amounts of deaths to come. A positive though is its remarkable A.I system and the several gameplay techniques you can use to defeat them. I found myself in several struggles thinking of new ways to take out my targets weither I wanted to take them out 1 by 1, or in a large blaze of glory with the exacution tool. The last thing is the controlls. Though confusing at first to get, once you have them down theyre hard to forget. Overall this is a great game with an intriguing story line, bold new direction in gameplay, and only with a few minor flaws. Expand
  11. Mar 17, 2018
    Не самая лучшая часть, но и не самая худшая, достойное и интересное продолжение истории Сэма Фишера.
  12. Nov 22, 2013
    this is my first splinter cell game and damn!! it is the best stealth defining game ever. i always wanted a stealth game and this was perfect!!! as a PS3 owner the only reason i borrowed Xbox 360 from my friend was to play this game. some real awesome advanced weaponry and gagets, night vision goggles are by far the coolest. completed it thrice and both of us had really tough timethis is my first splinter cell game and damn!! it is the best stealth defining game ever. i always wanted a stealth game and this was perfect!!! as a PS3 owner the only reason i borrowed Xbox 360 from my friend was to play this game. some real awesome advanced weaponry and gagets, night vision goggles are by far the coolest. completed it thrice and both of us had really tough time completing the co-op mode. the hardest part of this game is the co-op mode as it needs a lot of teamwork and perfect timed kills. this is one hell for a challenging game many bashed about this game. i personally think this is a great addition in the splinter cell series Expand
  13. Mar 17, 2014
    It is very different from older installments of the series however they fit into Conviction very well. This is a great third person shooter with great storytelling, gameplay, and mutiplayer options.
  14. Feb 2, 2016
    Bringing a whole new level of mediocrity, Conviction is Splinter Cell in name only. I have no problem with developers dropping old concepts and modernizing games, like with XCOM; the rule is that if you're going to drop a mechanic, you'd damn well better make it worth the switch. In this case, rather than the clunky but rewarding stealth of previous entries, we got a rather basicBringing a whole new level of mediocrity, Conviction is Splinter Cell in name only. I have no problem with developers dropping old concepts and modernizing games, like with XCOM; the rule is that if you're going to drop a mechanic, you'd damn well better make it worth the switch. In this case, rather than the clunky but rewarding stealth of previous entries, we got a rather basic cover-based third person shooter.

That sums it up rather nicely. There's simply nothing to talk about, because if you've played any cover-based shooter you've already played Conviction. Aside from the obviously unbalanced weapons (silenced pistols are insta-kills on headshot and have infinite ammo, why use anything else?), there's no actual stealth in the game and all you can do is take down any and all opposition. This extreme linearity and doing nothing wrong is exactly why this game feels wrong.

On Xbox 360, there are plenty more games to play that far surpass this, like the aforementioned Gears of War franchise and Bioshock. If you're a big Splinter Cell fan and simply have to play all games in the series, it might be worth a look at the cheap prices you can find it these days. Again, it's painfully average-- it doesn't really do anything wrong, there's just nothing particularly interesting in this game besides the series-defining Sam Fisher, still played by Michael Ironside, who was sadly replaced in Blacklist.

Playing both the PC and Xbox 360 versions, I can say that the PC version is deserving of a 4.5 for omitted features and bad performance, not to mention its failure to detect modern graphics cards properly and its unstable nature, but this port can score a bit higher for having a rather fun split-screen co-op mode involving Third Echelon agents Archer and Kestrel.
  15. Nov 13, 2014
    Probably one of my favorite Splinter Cell games of the series.

It had great graphics for it's time, great mechanics, good plot, and a variety of weapons to choose from. The Deniable Ops was another great gamemode. I have clocked some hours into this with siblings; unlocking all of the suits and upgrades. It was a load of fun. Just a great game to go back to when bored and want to
    Probably one of my favorite Splinter Cell games of the series.

Just a great game to go back to when bored and want to have a good time.
  16. Feb 11, 2016
    Splinter Cell Conviction is a superb game, that should be in any stealth fans' collection. The gameplay is great, fun, and easy to master. The story is interesting at first, but soon becomes generic and boring. After you beat the main campaign, you can play coop missions and side ops, which to add some time to the gameplay. Buy Conviction if you are a Splinter Cell fanboy, or you wereSplinter Cell Conviction is a superb game, that should be in any stealth fans' collection. The gameplay is great, fun, and easy to master. The story is interesting at first, but soon becomes generic and boring. After you beat the main campaign, you can play coop missions and side ops, which to add some time to the gameplay. Buy Conviction if you are a Splinter Cell fanboy, or you were burned by the mess that was Hitman Absolution. Or, play through the Metal Gear games. Expand
  17. Sep 14, 2015
    With the days of play your way most games suffer from bad set pieces because of it but this is one of the exceptions where it actually plays really well, even though it does allow you to go in guns blazing it encourages you to be stealthy because it may be slower but it's less hassle. Here is the break down.

Graphics: This is a Ubisoft game so that means that it will be highly stylised

Graphics: This is a Ubisoft game so that means that it will be highly stylised with the black and white and colour contrast which isn't usually my thing but it works here, the Splinter Cell games are usually dark in colour but this game feels darker and grittier despite it being more lit up than the average Splinter Cell, I believe it's because of the contrast between the lighting.

Story: Splinter Cell has always been a good game but the story had always been lacking, it wasn't until Double Agent where it got more depth but the story in Conviction is the most compelling story I've seen in a Splinter Cell game and most games I've played, instead of focusing on the mission like the other games this story is more about Sam Fisher and it is glorious, I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the next piece of the mystery to unravel and this new unhinged Sam is a very interesting character and I like how he's more brutal now because he doesn't work for the government any more.

Gameplay: This game is also the smoothest game yet, the climbing is fluent yet restricted enough to be realistic, the take downs make sense, the gun play is a bit on the easy side but no less engaging and Sam moves like a man who had spent his life in the military. The Co-op also works really well, the new last known position mechanics really shines in the multiplayer where you can draw the attention of an enemy so your team mate can get a clear shot is just riveting.

Co-op: The Co-op story is also a brilliant addition with it not being a gimmick that's just spattered on because multiplayer, the devs took time with the story making it effectively two games in one. I found myself liking Kestrel and Archer, they were new characters but in such a short time I manage to connect with them and found myself liking them and they had chemistry which most franchises can't manage.

Verdict: I love Splinter Cell: Conviction it is one of my favourite games and I recommend it whole heartily.
  18. Apr 10, 2016
    This is best Splinter Cell game with Chaos Theory and Blacklist in my opinion , but blacklist isnt better than Conviction . Graphics in Conviction is good for 2010 and amazing storyline , awesome gameplay . I like Conviction and I think this game one of the best games of 2010 .
  19. Apr 15, 2017
    Conviction corrige bon nombre de **** soucis d'interface et de maniabilité qui faisaient de Sam Fisher un gros balourd qui loupait les éléphants dans les couloirs... c'est désormais bien plus nerveux et réactif ! Cependant, si dans bien des situations la primauté de l'action sur l'infiltration est devenue discutable, l'ensemble reste fort plaisant à jouer.

C'est en effet une autre

C'est en effet une autre approche, plus dynamique et brutale, Sam étant devenu davantage un prédateur qu'une ombre. Les gros regrets sont le retour à la sauvegarde automatique, le noir & blanc quand on est caché, l'impossibilité de déplacer les corps (mais qui s'en soucie dans cet épisode... personne) et le scénario plutôt... idiot (mais bon, Tom Clancy quoi).

Graphiquement ça reste très convaincant et la VF est toujours excellente. Voilà donc une sorte d'épisode de transition comme si Ubisoft cherchait une nouvelle voie pour son Splinter dernier-né en pleine mutation.

It was a huge risk deviating from the trial-and-error style that made the series famous, but it paid off. Splinter Cell Conviction is awesome.
  2. Splinter Cell: Conviction isn't the series' high point, but it does get the franchise back on track. [May 2010, p.89]
  3. Splinter Cell: Conviction is faster and more action oriented than previous games in the series. It's getting closer to a third person shooter, but Conviction has not lost its unique Fisheresque soul. This is great entertainment.