Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD Xbox 360

5.6

1. Jan 12, 2015
    A really disappointing remake. I remember seeing the demo in the XBLA and I decided to download the demo because I haven't a Tony Hawk game in a long time but after seeing the first level I knew I made a mistake. Since I only played the demo I only got to play as Tony Hawk and the Warehouse but I did look up gameplay on it and all the levels are okay along with goals but this game justA really disappointing remake. I remember seeing the demo in the XBLA and I decided to download the demo because I haven't a Tony Hawk game in a long time but after seeing the first level I knew I made a mistake. Since I only played the demo I only got to play as Tony Hawk and the Warehouse but I did look up gameplay on it and all the levels are okay along with goals but this game just doesn't look good at all. The soundtrack has some of the tracks from THPS and THPS2 but the thing I hated the most about the soundtrack was they added new music, why would you add new music for a remake of Tony Hawk it just doesn't make sense. Although It's not a good remake the demo is still fun to play if you're bored but I would not recommend downloading the full game because your just wasting 15 dollars. Expand
  2. Aug 25, 2012
    When I first heard about this game I heard about how it was going to be the best of the first two games combined with the gameplay mechanics of the games that followed. This game may deliver on the best of the first two, but gameplay mechanics only seem to have been added as far as the third game with simple manuals and no flatland. As someone who adored the franchise until Project 8 cameWhen I first heard about this game I heard about how it was going to be the best of the first two games combined with the gameplay mechanics of the games that followed. This game may deliver on the best of the first two, but gameplay mechanics only seem to have been added as far as the third game with simple manuals and no flatland. As someone who adored the franchise until Project 8 came out and sucked I miss features like simply being able to get off your board and preform flat land tricks. The game has a dew bugs as well and some of them really get in the way of the gameplay.

TL;DR: The originals haven't aged well.
  3. Aug 4, 2012
    Im not sure why this game is getting such bad scores. But I liked it! It was fun revisiting the old Tony Hawk experience. Graphics looked good, controls are still amazing and the sound track is decent. Good fun for 15 bucks.
  4. Jul 22, 2012
    This is a refreshing return to the wonderful old school franchise of Tony Hawk Pro Skater. Developer Robomodo did a wonderful job capturing the nostalgia of fans but are slightly struggling to go forward with it. It excludes split-screen unfortunately and some other important modes known in the THPS franchise. The cool thing is there are two new modes that are in this game and also provideThis is a refreshing return to the wonderful old school franchise of Tony Hawk Pro Skater. Developer Robomodo did a wonderful job capturing the nostalgia of fans but are slightly struggling to go forward with it. It excludes split-screen unfortunately and some other important modes known in the THPS franchise. The cool thing is there are two new modes that are in this game and also provide a nice challenge to this game. Sure there is online mode with this game but there really only is two game mode available. The level choice by Robomodo is mostly well done but questionable choices like Downhill Jam and Mall are in there sadly. The presentation is sort of weak because of pop-in with the game but it happens before you play the game but graphics wise, it is pretty nice for an arcade title. Another problem is the glitches but it is the developer's fault of both Robomodo and Neversoft where Robomodo could actually make the code extremely similar to Neversoft's old code because Neversoft's code is an old code that really does not work well with Unreal Engine 3 and also Robomodo kind of took the easy way out. But the best part is the gameplay and the game is still loads of fun and the controls are a little bit more delayed (Because of Skate: A **** game to the old THPS) but doesn't break the experience at all and it is more fun with leaderboards and some levels like the Hangar are still fun to traverse and rank up combos. Overall, it is still fun to play and experience even with presentation issues and no split-screen and a pretty weak yet fun online. Expand
  5. DME
    Jul 20, 2012
    It's too short on content for the high price it's asking for and the new graphics aren't anything special. The worst part, though is the lighting effects. Nearly every level is very dim and poorly lit. If you are in a position where you can just buy the original Tony Hawk Pro Skater games, then that's what you need to do. However, if your N64/PS1 is inaccessible now, then you reallyIt's too short on content for the high price it's asking for and the new graphics aren't anything special. The worst part, though is the lighting effects. Nearly every level is very dim and poorly lit. If you are in a position where you can just buy the original Tony Hawk Pro Skater games, then that's what you need to do. However, if your N64/PS1 is inaccessible now, then you really can't go wrong with this. If you never played the original games, then this game will most-likely hold no value to you and I would not recommend it. Expand
  6. Jul 19, 2012
    I was writing a lengthy diatribe but realized Sinchero, Scottface, TheNutman69321, and SkidRowTrash have said everything I was going to say. Although they (and I) will likely be downvoted, they speak true. I'm not sure who decided to make some of the changes for THPS HD but they clearly need to be reprimanded. Chief among my complaints are the white screen after bailing and the inclusionI was writing a lengthy diatribe but realized Sinchero, Scottface, TheNutman69321, and SkidRowTrash have said everything I was going to say. Although they (and I) will likely be downvoted, they speak true. I'm not sure who decided to make some of the changes for THPS HD but they clearly need to be reprimanded. Chief among my complaints are the white screen after bailing and the inclusion of Mall and Downhill Jam. While playing, the timing always feels "off", even after increasing stats. For those of us who haven't yet invested in one of the newer, convertible D-pad, 360 controllers, simply trying to play is a challenge. In all honesty, if you don't have a convertible D-pad controller and you want this game, be prepared to spend far more than $15 for a playable game. Expand
  7. Jul 19, 2012
    I picked this up without trying the demo first, the game just falls short, the animations are horrible, the physics are just not right, and it controls nothing like the old games.
    On top of that there are just 7 levels and 2 of them are just atrocious, one of them is Mall which is completely full of glitches, and the other is Downhill Jam which is just one of the worst levels in the THPS franchise, it is really frustrating when the screen turns white every time you bail, but i have to say the game has its moments, hangar and warehouse are still fun to play (even with the bad controls) but overall the games is not worth it, stay away from it.
  8. Jul 18, 2012
    This throwback to Pro Skater's glory days is a value-packed, but ultimately disappointing experience. .The new HD levels look great, the soundtrack is one of the best to date and plenty of unlockables and new tricks will keep players busy for quite some time. Unfortunately, the core gameplay mechanics are unpolished and flawed. Controls are clumsy and inpercise and certain elements suchThis throwback to Pro Skater's glory days is a value-packed, but ultimately disappointing experience. .The new HD levels look great, the soundtrack is one of the best to date and plenty of unlockables and new tricks will keep players busy for quite some time. Unfortunately, the core gameplay mechanics are unpolished and flawed. Controls are clumsy and inpercise and certain elements such as the quick recovery feature and special moves are poorly presented with little to no explanation on how the are supposed to be used. Multiplayer is another problem area. The matchmaking is horrible, I failed to connect to a single match. As much as I tried to ignore the game's flaws and ride the wave of nostalgia, I can shake the feeling that the Pro Skater franchise is dead in the water. Expand
  9. Jul 18, 2012
    I should preface this review by saying that I was a MASSIVE fan of the originals. Now, I've been playing this for the last few hours and I have to say I'm massively disappointed. I played every Hawk game (except the Wii ones) and something about this just feels wrong. The mechanics just don't seem to work as they should, and I'm bailing when I KNOW I shouldnt be. I've bought stats andI should preface this review by saying that I was a MASSIVE fan of the originals. Now, I've been playing this for the last few hours and I have to say I'm massively disappointed. I played every Hawk game (except the Wii ones) and something about this just feels wrong. The mechanics just don't seem to work as they should, and I'm bailing when I KNOW I shouldnt be. I've bought stats and almost levelled my character up completely which has helped a little, but it still doesn't feel right. I was a bit of a Tony Hawk's master back in the day, even though I do say so myself, and this feels really clunky and glitchy. Also, if you were a fan up until the most recent Hawk titles, you WILL miss things like reverts, wallplants, double-tap tricking, spine-transfering and the overall smoothness of the later Hawk games. The updated graphics are nothing to write home about, it still looks old. The 360 D-pad doesn't help either, wish I'd waited for PS3 version, but I wanted to play it today. Also, I'm less than impressed with the selection of levels. Out of the 7, they've included 2 of the worst, most restrictive stages ever, the mall and downhill jam, which were corridor levels basically. Overall, for a game that tries to capture the nostalgia of the early games, it's done just that but at the cost of taking a huge step backwards gameplay-wise. Expand
  10. Jul 18, 2012
    I have been waiting weeks for this to come out, holding on to my points just so I could give it a try. I was a major Tony Hawk addict when it first came out and all the way to 3, with some underground later...

After the terrible Tony Hawk Shred series of games, I expected a return to the classic style and not only that but actual already made levels and gameplay, this should be a big hit. Luckily for me I downloaded the trial version instead of buying it straight up and I was so close.

The game demo basically shows off all I needed to see from the game. The graphics while higher res but it seemed like they cut back on the actual animations. Everything felt a bit clunky and landing moves was not the same smooth endeavor that it once was. The character animations almost seem like they are missing frames and jump to certain animations at odd angles.

Another thing to note is the music. It is downright offensive to your ears. Absolutely the worst trash I have ever heard with the exception of a few. Most of the old music that is engrained into our brains that says "this is tony hawk" is not in the game. The music that when you hear the song, you remember doing grinds in certain levels.

I did not buy the game to try the multiplayer, but have heard that the online play is atrocious with brutal combo shattering lag burts. I am going to stay far away from this game and just remember it.

If you never got to experience the real tony hawk 1 & 2, please get a PS1 and find a copy of the game. It is far superior to this in nearly every way.

One thing that this game has going for it however that was not in the old classics is leaderboards. In a game like Tony Hawk, leaderboards make the game re-playability go on for quite some time.

Please please please try before you buy. If you go into this with nostalgic reasons you will be burned because it is not quite the game you remember.

1. Nov 16, 2012
    With just seven levels-three of which have serious problems working with the current control scheme-it's not like the game has a wealth of content, and its hostility to new players prevents me from recommending it to any but the hardcore.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 10, 2012
    Great flashback from the late nineties proves that old games were worth playing and except for the visuals there is no need to change anything. [Sept 2012]
  3. Sep 25, 2012
    All in all, Tony Hawk HD proves that while you can't always go back, it certainly can be a lot of run to reminisce. Definitely worth a short-term pickup or for a quick break from reality… long term though? Not really.