UFC Undisputed 2009 Xbox 360

7.9

1. CameronT
    Jun 7, 2009
    The game is awesome, if the devolpers are reading this please add some of the WEC fighters as downloadable characters. Kimbo Slice and Urijah Faber would be nice.
  2. bob
    May 19, 2009
    Stunned by how fun this game is... best fighter I've played on the Xbox 360.
  3. Jason
    May 20, 2009
    This is the UFC game that we have been waiting for. Sure there are some small issues but they are minor. It's a great start to what will be a great yearly franchise!
  4. CodyB
    May 20, 2009
    If I could give this game a 20 I would. I admit I was hesitant to buy it after the demo. The demo was so so, but now that I have had a chance to play online and the career mode, I must say that it has been a loooong time since a game this deep has hooked me so fast.
  5. AntonioD
    May 19, 2009
    Brutal combat, "easy to learn, hard to master" controls and a fantastic "create a player" mode are all pluses, but what really puts this game over the top is the online play.
  6. May 1, 2014
    Really fun game to play, this was the first UFC game that I got and as I got use to the controls I got a lot better. I like how you can choose what to train in and how hard you train in it.
  7. BrandonM
    Dec 5, 2009
    This game was amazing! The graphics were great and the fighting was deep and complex. If you think it's repetitive then you must just be a boxer and a wrestler. With Muay Thai and Judo my guy took a different approach every fight. But there are some problems though. Training in career is fast, but hollow, with the exception of sparring. E-mails in career get repetitive within the This game was amazing! The graphics were great and the fighting was deep and complex. If you think it's repetitive then you must just be a boxer and a wrestler. With Muay Thai and Judo my guy took a different approach every fight. But there are some problems though. Training in career is fast, but hollow, with the exception of sparring. E-mails in career get repetitive within the hour and I don't see the point in credits. Some things you guys can do Yukes is put some more fight styles in, more customization, make your person age and give them a longer career. Also, whenever I'm in an autograph session I'm in my fighting uniform, um... public, no! ALso make entrances and when you win make you're trainers stand behind you! Expand
  8. JamesD
    Dec 28, 2009
    Just like Fight Night Round 4 the controls are a little annoying also the UFC fights here lack the excitement of the sport. Despite these flaws and the fact that the menu's are so copious, UFC 2009 is a great single and multiplayer/ 2 player experience.
  9. CoreyF
    Sep 5, 2009
    I bought this game on a whim and what a surprise it has been. Excellent graphics, nail biting game play, and real life personalities make this a difficult game to put down. However, there are a couple things that seem to hold it back. Career mode is engrossing but I was taken aback when I found out that you're only given a few years to complete your career. Fighters such as BJ Penn I bought this game on a whim and what a surprise it has been. Excellent graphics, nail biting game play, and real life personalities make this a difficult game to put down. However, there are a couple things that seem to hold it back. Career mode is engrossing but I was taken aback when I found out that you're only given a few years to complete your career. Fighters such as BJ Penn have been around for ever and continue to fight today and this aspect of real life was completely skipped over. Also I had was surprised that there wasn't any age progression. If you start as a 21 year old, you will finish your career as... a 21 year old. This needs to be addressed in the next title. Online play is fun but without any filtering I find myself constantly paired with players who are 50-70 levels higher than me. This also needs to be addressed to keep online play interesting and most importantly competitive. Finally I find that submission in 2009 tend to be very random. I understand that submissions are difficult to execute in real life, but even some of the best fighters can fall victim to a slight technical mistake and find themselves tapping out. In the game it's nearly impossible to submit a CPU opponent outside of the first few fighters in career mode. Overall this is an excellent game and with a few touch-ups I think the next installment could be remarkable. Collapse
  10. JoshK
    May 20, 2009
    Career mode is awesome.. Fighting is deep, complex, and very rewarding. Not perfect, but a huge step in the right direction.
  11. reggie
    Oct 21, 2009
    needs a bigger roster. needs ONE way of getting out of submissions.its dumb to have a technical way that works 2% of the time. also it would be more fun if you could be a ufc fighter in the career mode instead of having to build up a character all the time which can be repetitive and boring. they should try for something like smackdown in that department.
  12. chrisb
    Jun 24, 2009
    Its not the best fighter out there, but it is the best in its class, MMA games need to come out like this or better in the future. Steve G gave the game a 1... he must not be a MMA fan OR a fighting Sim fan,. there is zero issue with the menu or career mode, but where this game shines is Online or with friends.
  13. BrianB
    May 30, 2009
    This is the best UFC game so far. Yukes has done a great job with the combat control system. However, I don't understand why they didn't include southpaw fighters! There is no way to create a fighter with a southpaw style stance! Laziness? Not everyone fights in the orthodox stance. No justice for us lefties! I hope they implement it in a update or the next installment.
  14. CrashReview
    Jul 19, 2009
    This was a hard rating. The game is flawed in how it actually employes and upgrades its combat styles, and by neccesity it is repetive like any fighting game. That aside however, the physics are great and this is the first release of this game engine, and the fights do get progressively more difficult. This is no button mashers paradise, but does get dangerously close to the hideously This was a hard rating. The game is flawed in how it actually employes and upgrades its combat styles, and by neccesity it is repetive like any fighting game. That aside however, the physics are great and this is the first release of this game engine, and the fights do get progressively more difficult. This is no button mashers paradise, but does get dangerously close to the hideously difficult combos of the Tekken series due to the complication of certain combos, moves, and counters and the timing/mind reading required. The menus are tedious and the tattoos and custom shorts/sponsors feel like the come up short. That said its negatives still allow for a really enjoyable game in single and multiplayer that even now after what must be 100hours of game play I still enjoy playing it. Expand
  15. Aug 17, 2010
    Menu is an atrocity, so is career mode. The fight system is awesome though when you get use to it. Great to play with friends. Online mode is too laggy to be competitive but still somewhat fun.
  16. DanielDeveau
    Jul 13, 2009
    The gameplay is decent, but you basically have to be a UFC fan to enjoy this game. Considering how many gamers don't enjoy the UFC (probably at least 80-90%), I think the game developers missed out on a chance to create a game that can be enjoyed by everyone and bring new fans into the sport.
  17. AlanHayward
    Jun 12, 2009
    This game is terrible for those who have not played alot of fighting games, even at the begginer level it is almost impossible to beat a good submission fighter in the game, I literally tried for days to beat matt hughes and could not, I returned it for a full refund
  18. SteveG
    Jun 1, 2009
    it was painful to navigate through the menu. the career portion of the game was tedious and boring. I guess it could be fun to fight friends, but my friends don't have this game; nor do they want it.
  19. Mar 13, 2014
    There is learning curves and then there's this. The tutorials are at least there to try to get across the insane controls of trying to handle grappling, mounting, and especially defending or countering such situations. The end result is that unless you are willing to make this game into your hobby *and* job, the situation is as follows : The opponent grabs you and gets you down into theThere is learning curves and then there's this. The tutorials are at least there to try to get across the insane controls of trying to handle grappling, mounting, and especially defending or countering such situations. The end result is that unless you are willing to make this game into your hobby *and* job, the situation is as follows : The opponent grabs you and gets you down into the ground, no matter how you wiggle the right stick and do everything the tutorials talk about, the AI destroys you and you lose with a TKO. This on the "beginner" level. Give me a break. Unplayable. Impossible. Expand

1. UFC 2009: Undisputed is not an easy game, but those who are patient enough to spend a little time with it, will discover one of the best fighting games in years.
  2. It may be difficult to get to grips with, but once you do so it becomes one of the best fighting experiences around. It’s going to be hard for a sequel to top this.
    Through focusing in making a fighting game, THQ has achieved a high quality title only lacking in its sometimes excessive complexity.