2.5

1. Apr 16, 2011
    I bought this game for $7 in the used game bin at best buy. Played it all the way through and it is a freaking awful mess of a game. Poor selection of weapons, constrictingly linear gameplay, terrible voice acting, painfully nonsensical Japanese storyline.

I notice that there seems to be a minority who believe that simply because they beat the game and it was ridiculously difficult that
    that somehow makes it a good game and everyone else doesn't know what they're talking about. To them I say you are morons. There is a difference between a game that is hard by design and a game that is hard because it is poorly developed. Ninja Gaiden Black is hard. The Devil May Cry series is hard. Both of those titles are also fun to play. Vampire Rain is hard because it is a ham fisted clone of splinter cell and metal gear solid. It is hard because the Japanese think that if you bring a **** to a gun fight and actually prevail that it some how makes you a bad ass and not just insane. If you played this game through completely and genuinely liked it, people shouldn't champion you for being good at video games. They should pity you for not being able to tell a good game from garbage. Expand
  2. May 1, 2012
    Boring, repetitive, and it goes on and on forever. It sucks.
  3. Aug 21, 2012
    if the was level beyond 0 i would rate it this game was far beyond worst game ever i could not even get past level 1 because it beyond **** i would sneak past AI vampire but still i get seen and attack.

but using weapon to defend myself beyond **** worst game ever bought this game i still own it now collecting dust now i should sell it the no way i am playing this game anymore
  4. Nov 8, 2013
    Just. Kill. Me.

This game is like the abdomination of horror--in the bad way.
    it is horrible. I'll rather play Aliens: Colonial Marines. And we are sure that my review explains it.
  5. Dec 24, 2013
    A monumental failure in modern gaming Vampire Rain can be easily summed up with one word.

Unplayable.

I would rather grab a friend and instruct him to start hammering nails into my skull, than put myself through another second of this garbled, rushed, messy, broken, horrible pile of pig feces.

1. The stealth BK game "Sneak King" is actually more of an entertaining game than Vampire Rain is. [Sept 2007, p.70]
    Vampire Rain is simply a sloppy, masochistic mess that wastes an otherwise solid concept and functional form.
  3. Virtually nothing works as it should, and what does owes an enormous debt to a few evergreen classics. Disappointing. [Issue 23, p.79]