Viva Pinata Xbox 360

8.0

1. KatieP.
    Feb 10, 2008
    It was alright and all. I expected more though. The lack of space was overwhelming and took the fun out of it for me.
  2. Yana
    Mar 23, 2007
    I agree with most good things that have been said about this game, but here are some things that are getting me annoyed: Unskippable cut scenes, clunky controls/menu system (why is the story in "player achievements"?) , not nearly enough explanation of new things (I still don't know how to make honey. yes I tried directing the bees to the honey-maker apparatus. I also had to look up I agree with most good things that have been said about this game, but here are some things that are getting me annoyed: Unskippable cut scenes, clunky controls/menu system (why is the story in "player achievements"?) , not nearly enough explanation of new things (I still don't know how to make honey. yes I tried directing the bees to the honey-maker apparatus. I also had to look up things such as what that transfigurator scarecrow guy is for), and too much and too strict artificial "balancing" limits, such as the number of fences (also not clearly explained), the number of things in the garden, etc. The game also does not seem to be balanced well for any goals other than "get as many new Pinata types as I can". I could live with not getting any experience for doing what I want with the garden, but most of the time it gets screwed up by things that are meant to propel me forward with getting new Pinatas. Expand

1. A terminally cute game, so while almost guaranteed to suck the kiddies in, it's a tough sell for the trigger-happy Halo crowd. It's also fairly short if your goal is getting every pinata in the game to become a resident in your garden.
    The characters are endearing and the abounding sense of discovery can't be denied.
  3. The most interesting thing about Viva Pinata is the fact that it's actually better suited for adults than it is for children. Managing your resources (er, your pinatas) can be a lot of work, and I'm actually finding the game to be more challenging than many real-time strategy games.